Official Patch 10.1 Discussion

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone know if the substitution bug was fixed? http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=150074

This was a serious annoyance playing '09, and one of the things I'd have to see fixed before purchasing another FM. Having subbed-out players regain no conditioning forced very counter-intuitive choices about who to sub out and when.

This is a major glitch that should be in the list of top issues to address, imo.

HI

I downloaded the patch, shortened the file name and added .exe. It all worked fine, updated as normal and said completed.

I started a new game, but it was still showing as version 10.0.0. Once the game had started, I checked the game status to find the version is 10.1.0. Is this because I shortened the filename?

I know it has worked as Stephen Carr is now in my game.

Thanks

This was a serious annoyance playing '09, and one of the things I'd have to see fixed before purchasing another FM. Having subbed-out players regain no conditioning forced very counter-intuitive choices about who to sub out and when.

This is a major glitch that should be in the list of top issues to address, imo.

Can somebody (SI or playing at the moment) confirm this (the substitution bug) has been fixed?

Cheers

• SI Staff
Are there any updates to the match engine?

In the above link http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=158962 it is not listed whereas it is listed here: http://www.thedugout.tv/community/showpost.php?p=2573982&postcount=24. That section on the match engine must have originated from an official source, and I noticed the fix list posted by Miles Jacobson has been edited so.. :confused:

I'll append it when I get into the office :-)

HI

I downloaded the patch, shortened the file name and added .exe. It all worked fine, updated as normal and said completed.

I started a new game, but it was still showing as version 10.0.0. Once the game had started, I checked the game status to find the version is 10.1.0. Is this because I shortened the filename?

I know it has worked as Stephen Carr is now in my game.

Thanks

Could someone answer this:

I downloaded the patch yesterday during the few minutes it became available in the afternoon - i believe it was removed shortly after i downloaded it - is the patch that is now available for download the same patch or do i need to delete the patch i installed yesterday and download this new one?

i haven't got fm yet so havent doen anything with the patch so far....

thanks

Looking for some help.

Last night I updated my game through Steam, it downloaded mostly without any problems and I started the game to check that the 10.1 patch had indeed been added which it had. I went off to bed that I could play them game whenever I wanted. To my surprise when I start a new game this morning there is no option for the 10.1 database just the original.

What is going on it was working fine last night?

Looking for some help.

Last night I updated my game through Steam, it downloaded mostly without any problems and I started the game to check that the 10.1 patch had indeed been added which it had. I went off to bed that I could play them game whenever I wanted. To my surprise when I start a new game this morning there is no option for the 10.1 database just the original.

What is going on it was working fine last night?

There isn't a new database with 10.1 so that would be correct.

Could someone answer this:

I downloaded the patch yesterday during the few minutes it became available in the afternoon - i believe it was removed shortly after i downloaded it - is the patch that is now available for download the same patch or do i need to delete the patch i installed yesterday and download this new one?

i haven't got fm yet so havent doen anything with the patch so far....

thanks

The patch became available at 00:01 GMT. So not sure what it is you downloaded yesterday afternoon, unless I'm not taking into account any time difference. I would recommend downloading the patch again.

The patch became available at 00:01 GMT. So not sure what it is you downloaded yesterday afternoon, unless I'm not taking into account any time difference. I would recommend downloading the patch again.

The download link was open yesterday afternoon for a few minutes, but then removed as people from the forum found it and posted the link.

The question is if any changes were made to the patch since yesterday afternoon.

:)

• SI Staff
There are 2 different changelist ( which one is the official one) ?

Thanks

The only difference between them is that the one we released (in the sticky thread at the top of the page) was tidied up a bit, with some minor GUI changes merged into one thing that says "minor GUI changes", match version stuff merged together and some of the wording changed to make it more user friendly. Apart from that, they are the same.

The download link was open yesterday afternoon for a few minutes, but then removed as people from the forum found it and posted the link.

The question is if any changes were made to the patch since yesterday afternoon.

:)

In this case all I can tell you is that patch 1 hasn't under gone any changes in the past 24 hours.

Well there needs to be a 10.2 cause as of right now my game has just crashed due to some sort of error. Could not read the message as it flashed up and disappeared. The demo was great, but the full game doesn't seem as proper. The speed is way to fast at times in game. Don't know if the patch caused this change, but at normal speed in highlight mode things move way to quick. Also keepers are quite shambolic at times more so then the demo. The complete shut down I just experienced needs to be sorted asap. That is a really big issue and needs to be addressed as soon as possible.

After installing the pach, when i begin a new game it states database 10.0, once the game is running it says the status is 10.1.0 version, does this mean there just wasnt a database update?

Thanks

Correct, their wasn't any database updates in this patch.

I'd like someone to confirm this as well. It should have been 1 of the first priorities for this year's game, let alone the patch, as it didn't get fixed in the whole of FM09
Can somebody (SI or playing at the moment) confirm this (the substitution bug) has been fixed?

Cheers

Anyone care to test/comment/answer?

Would really appreciate it...

Archived