FM10 Small Club to Big Club Big Euro Nation Challenge

Renato Curi Angolana - Serie B - 2019/20

Up in the vicinity of the play-offs

Slightly more eventful January transfer window than I was expecting. First of all a promising young Scottish GK came in which meant that I could flog Eugenio, my previous backup who had failed to even play 1 minute for us in 18 months, to Spain. Then my chairman and Siena decided to intervene in matters; first of all they offered £1.2m for one of my Spanish DCs (thankfully the one who has not so far played very well) which my chairman straightaway accepted, then they turned their sights to José Maria, the Summer arrival who I was very confused about what to do with, and offered £1.4m which I gobbled up (I could make my own decision here) as I was going to sell him in the Summer in any case. This left a hole at DC, I could have survived with the backups I had but would rather have had someone better in. My solution to this was to buy a DR :rolleyes:. My scout found a brilliant, listed one at Barcelona and he looked worth the club-record £1.5m I paid for him. This meant that Jazbec, my current DR, would just move to DC where he is just as good. A very very promising 20yo Czech MC arrived as well for £250k.

And on top of all that, I signed up 3 Bosmans for next year, 2 AMCs (to play at MC) - 1 Arg / Ita, 1 DRC / Fra - and a Pol / Ger AMR.

First up we visited a good Triestina side and strolled past them 2-0 to get the new decade off to a flying start. Which only lasted 1 match as Padova were 3-0 up before h/t in the next match. And when Arrezo got a late winner next up, I started to worry. 3 solid home wins over bad sides and a respectable away draw got us back on track. Before a dodgy away loss to a dire Grosseto side was followed by an average home draw.

We brushed aside Empoli on TV before thrashing AlbinoLeffe which took us 4 points clear of 7th (ie. in the playoffs). 2 goals and 4 points from 4 games then followed as both Catania and Lecce thrashed us and we were ropey elsewhere. Calgiari then visited for what I considered a must-win and win we did but it was not easy. A visit to Varese was next and what followed was slightly ridiculous. They were already relegated and without a win in 21 games so when Ezeocha put us 2-0 up in 9 minutes I was expecting a stroll in the park, they thought different and 3 shots later they were 3-2 up :eek:. I shouted at h/t and Ezeocha completed his hat-trick straight after the break but we pressed and could not get the 4th. Until with 5 minutes to go Ezeocha got a 4th and we scraped a slightly lucky win.

The run continued with 3 more wins; the 2nd took us out of reach of Siena (we beat them 2-0 via 2 of the most route 1 goals you could ever imagine) and the 3rd confirmed our play-off position. We were 3rd (the 1st 2 went up ages ago) but only 3 points ahead of 6th, however the magnificent Ezeocha injured himself and would miss 3 weeks and most of the playoffs. An away match at one of these 2 promoted clubs (Parma) was next and we were dire. Plus Puertas got a 2-yellow red for the 2nd time in a month so I fined him; cue a squad backlash - 13 of them unhappy, fantastic(!) but thankfully most calmed down within a few days. The last game was at home to Triestina and was a struggle but we came from behind twice to win 3-2 via a hat-trick from the previously out-of-form Diego (in for Ezeocha). That meant we were 3rd and had Padova in the playoffs

However with Napoli pulling a muscle in that game it meant that for the 1st leg we had only 2 fit 1st team STs plus Jazbec was with Slovenia at Euro2020 and both Romanians were knackered from U21 duty. Hence, it was a slightly makeshift lineup we put out with a very makeshift bench. We started well but they scored in 1st half injury time. We equalised midway thru the half and then right at the death, my 21yo non-1st team ST (on for a knackered Galindo) grabbed an unexpected winner. 3 days later an equally makeshift lineup (with an unfit Ezeocha back from injury - I had no choice) and an even more makeshift bench was ready for the 2nd leg. Again they took the lead but we looked to be going thru on league position until they scored an 87th minute goal to go thru 3-2 on aggregate. Not overly amused but we would probably have been thrashed by Catania in the final (Padova were) so it was not the end of the world.

So, we finished in a very impressive 3rd place which thoroughly deserved. Well, that was much better, and although we did score a few more than last season, it was our defensive record that made the difference, a difference of 34 less goals being conceded. My hopeful theory of not panic-buying another new defence and keeping with the same one as last year worked a treat. The biggest improvement was our away record where we got 8 wins which is 4 times the number of last season.

On the player front Ailton were great in goal whilst 2 of the new signings were our best 2 players. The only issue was injuries at key moments, both wingers missed 3 months and Ezeocha was out for the crucial run-in and playoffs.

There was also a very dull board takeover, an internal one and all that happened afterwards was a promise of no new money and the cancelling of one of our parent clubs :rolleyes:.

Final Squad - very young, plus before January I could have made a very good all Spanish team, think the most I ever had was 8

Final Summary

Finances - little to concern us about apart from being close to the wage budget again which is unnecessarily worrying the board

Transfers 1 2- mainly great success - Ezeocha and Atienza are simply stunning and 2 of the best players in the division, José Maria earned me a lot of money, the 2 Romanians are good players, Rivas is still settling in but should be great whilst Loos is going to be a superstar, no real complaints about the sales either

Some of the reasons we did so well are:

Best GK - Aílton - was bit concerned about kind of chucking him at the deep end as although he had been fantastic on loan in Serie C1 last season that standard is a lot lower than this division, but I need not have been as he was great, very rarely put a hand wrong, made some stunning saves, keep us in several matches, 1 in 3 matches was a clean-sheet and he is still improving, not sure how good he will get but I certainly won't be looking to replace him whilst we are in Serie B, and to think he was free and had been 6 months without a club when we signed him

Best Defender - Ivo Jazbec - like all our defenders he improved this season, was very solid at DR and then after Christmas he moved across to DC and was just as good, until he got injured and missed most of the rest of the season, was missed when he was not there, with Rivas here, he will play at DC where (apart from his pace) he looks a great player and will backup DR

Best Midfielder - Germán Puertas - very good season, albeit one interrupted by injury and the occasional suspension, showed that I was right to sell Sarriegi, several assists and all-round great displays, been here 3 years already and has still just turned 20, would like more of the same but with the 2 new arrivals plus Loos he is not 100% certain to be first choice

Best Winger - Miguel Atienza - wow, wow and wow, he was ridiculously good, I hoped for a return to the days of Vonk especially after the disappointment of Schutz and he certainly lived up to that (and beyond), very few fullbacks had any clue how to cope with him, his pace and crossing caused absolute havoc and he added goals to his assists as well, best winger by a distance in the division and when he was injured we weren't the same side, he signed a new contract but he now needs to sign another one, I really hope no large offers come in and that he is here for some time to come

2nd Best Winger - Abdelkrim Hamrouni - good but pales into comparison with Atienza, carried on from where he left off last season, a bit lacking in assists but gave plenty of good performances, we had a problem when he tore a calf muscle and missed 4 months, his 2 replacements were never too convincing, I hope he continues in the same vein, however in reality he is only a stop-gap solution until an Atienza-type player arrives on the right whenever that may be

Best Striker - George Ezeocha - wow, wow and wow, simply unbelievably good, started off a bit slow but once he got into his stride there was literally no stopping him, nearly a goal a game and I think we would have at least got the playoff final if he had been fit, is still improving and, provided our chairman does not accept any silly offers, he might even be better next season, here is hoping

2nd and 3rd Best Strikers - Diego and Fernando Galindo - Galindo is only mentioned because he somehow got the most number of assists despite hardly playing and hardly scoring, no goals for over 1000 minutes and counting so far, so overall he was disappointing, so was Diego but that was mainly because I moved him from target man to a position he is less adept at, that said he still played well and a 12'9" strike partnership is enough to scare most defences

Most Improved Player - Ivan - to be fair, he could hardly have been worse and even now he was not fantastic but having spent 1 season not settling and another 6 months wanting to move I cannot be too disappointed with his performances, had some stellar matches and rarely made the errors which blighted us last year, is continually improving and I hope this shows on the pitch next season, no plans to replace him

Best January Purchase - Radek Loos - one of those players I would have bid for eventually but only did now because another club wanted him, very glad I did because for £250k he is already a bargain, 2 assists in his first game and has continued like that, was mainly on the bench behind Puertas but he impressed considerably in the games he played, will play a lot next season and I have a suspicion that he is going to be very very good in due course

Best Youth (aka Fiorentini Update) - Angelo Fiorentini - very encouraging first season, very good for the U20s and very useful when called upon for the 1st team, got a good run in the team when Atienza broke his jaw and after a slow start he began to play very well, only concern is that he has not improved at all, not one attribute so far, but he is still only 16 so he has time on his side, already a U19 international, will be hoping for more of the same plus attribute improvement next season

I suspect (hope) that it is going to be very quiet Summer. With the 3 new arrivals there will some departures, namely Revuelta, Jacobo (M) and Hain (young DR) for sure plus perhaps an MC who will probably be Corneanu given that he has not settled and is moaning about competition (and this is before 2 more rivals arrive!!). Apart from that I have little I feel need improving (MR is probably the only position and I already have someone coming in) so unless a stunning bargain avails itself or ridiculous offers are made (and accepted by the chairman) for my players little will happen.

After that season, the only thing I can aim for is direct promotion, to be honest, playoffs would probably suffice as well as long as we went up.

Best 11

Overall Best 11

10/11 - Serie C2/B - 7th

11/12 - Serie C2/B - 13th

12/13 - Serie C2/B - 2nd (promoted via playoffs)

13/14 - Serie C1/B - 8th

14/15 - Serie C1/B - 10th

15/16 - Serie C1/B - 5th (lost in playoff semi-finals)

16/17 - Serie C1/B - 2nd (promoted via playoffs)

17/18 - Serie B - 13th

18/19 - Serie B - 18th (survived via playouts)

19/20 - Serie B - 3rd (lost in playoff semi-finals)

Team I Would Like To Play Every Week - Ancona - A3-1, H4-0 (21st)

Team I Would Not Like To Play Every Week - Lecce (1st) + Parma (2nd) - H0-1, A0-2

Apps Gls Asts MoM  AvR
Fabian Remy             203   -    -   4   6.87
GK (2013-2019)
Aiman Napoli            200  97   53  29   7.14
ST (2012-)
Francesco Antonelli     159  13    7   4   6.93
DC (2013-2018)
Marcos Agudo            132   8    7   9   7.08
DRC/DM/MRC (2014-2018)
Francesco Della Rocca   130   7   21   4   6.92
MC (2011-2017)
Asier Sarriegi          129   9   30   9   7.06
MC (2015-2019)
Francesco Tacchinardi   126  64   18  14   6.99
ST (2014-2019)
Jean-Martial Kipré      122   1   17   4   6.98
D/WBR (2012-2017)
Francesco Stella        118  17   18   6   7.11
MR (2013-2017)
Andrea De Rose          117   0    4   4   6.86
DLC (2012-2019)
Jorge Loeschbor         113   3   12   2   6.93
D/wB/ML (2015-)
Guiliano Sguera         111   3    2   1   6.89
DC (2013-2019)
Wim Kuipers             101   3   13   1   6.85
MC (2015-2018)

Very little change apart from 4 players leaving. There should be a good few arrivals in the list next Summer though.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks rlipscombe, have to say I was quite shocked that we were so good compared to how bad we were the previous season, evidently the 2 new signings and our 1-year-older defence made a big difference...

Here is a youth update:

The last update

All of the first 2 batches are now elsewhere so lets update the 3rd lot...

Aílton - signed up 2 years ago when he was inexplicably without a club for 6 months, made some appearances this year when Remy was injured, has fantastic potential, could better than Remy, already a good player, with the new Spaniard coming in, he will now be 3rd choice so might stay in the U20s another year, the only issue is that by the time he is better than Remy there might already be GKs at the club that are better than that so he won't play, we shall see... - see above, now first choice

Jorg Hain - a freebie last Summer, good player, mainly in the U20s but during the Big DR Injury Crisis of March 2018 he made several appearances, was not too convincing but with Agudo and Fucili leaving he will now be out best DR, am willing to take the risk in playing next season but would prefer to leave him in the U20s for a bit longer, could turn out to be very good - still looks a great player but has never impressed so will be attempting to flog this Summer

Guiseppe Gennari - another to profit from the Big DR Injury Crisis of March 2018, as being 5th choice he could never have expected to play this year, came thru our youth ranks last Summer as the brightest prospect and is showing promise, improving and did not do too badly in his 2 matches, not sure he will ever be good enough for the 1st team but as he is currently our backup next year (I hope that situation changes) he might get games - not bad, made the odd appearance here and there, is currently co-owned so unless Arezzo offer money (I won't) he will be here for at least another season, will be in U20s and may be needed in emergencies, will eventually be sold

José - certainly not going to turn down buying him for £5k, will turn out to be a bargain whatever happens, what has happened so far is that he has made a few 1st appearances and done OK, with both DCs leaving he might be closer to the 1st team next season, my coaches don't think he has the potential to ever be 1st choice but we shall see... - made a lot of appearances 2 years back but little last year, not a bad player but given his worth and probable lack of playing time I will try to cash in this Summer

Aritz Munoz - does not really fit with the others as I actually paid quite a bit of money for him but already he seems a bargain, played a few games and his bad rating is down to the 2 penalties he gave away, that aside he did OK, is improving all the time and is a classy DMC, pretty good at MC as well, doubt he will be first choice next year will be playing regularly - did not really impress 2 years ago (but then who did?), he started last season off well before breaking his leg and not playing again, is co-owned so like Gennari will probably stay unless Frosinone really want him, will be floating around the bench next year, don't ever see him as first choice

Harald Rahn - a freebie last Summer, made a couple of respectable appearances from the bench during the season, there are a few players ahead of him at MR so unless one leaves I don't really expect him to play much this season either, good prospect for the future hhough - impressed for U20s and the 1st team in his odd appearances before last season when he played a lot due to Hamrouni's injury and impressed considerably less, was wanting to keep him but after that I am no longer sure, I think he will probably stay at least one more year and then I will see

Massimo Offredi - a £100 p/w signing from last Summer and looks quite a good one, plays best as an ST but I converted him to ML and he made some sub appearances there last season and played well, is essentially our 3rd choice ML so highly likely he will make some appearances next season as well, will probably never be a regular so will be cashed in on at some stage. - made several appearances at ML 2 years back before, with arrival of Atienza and promotion of Fiorentini, I decide to sell last year, got good money and he really impressed in Serie C2 helping to push Spezia to the title

Obviously Fiorentini is the best but here are a few of the other new ones:

Lukas Hampf, Scott McLaughlin - one was free, one cost £3k, both have potential to be as good as Aílton, they are my backups and will be in the U20s for a fair while, one might go on loan if there is interest, doubt either will end up being 1st choice but we shall see

Paolo Benazzi - signed from Argentina last year (Italian passport) and was going to be our 3rd / 4th choice DR but does not seem as good as I thought he was, never played and am mildly tempted to get rid off already as I doubt he will ever play, otherwise he will stay another year maybe out on loan somewhere

Vedran Cernjul - not bad, a freebie from Germany 2 years back and has performed well enough when called up, will stay as 3rd choice DL and all-round utility backup, unlikely to ever be near 1st choice but is good to have around at the moment

Guiseppe Strukelj - signed 2 years back and again not bad and done well enough when needed as 4th choice ML, co-owned so will either go to Verona or be here for at least 12 more months, will probably be sold sooner or later

Bruno Dessena - one of our own and despite looking average he is worth quite a bit and my coaches reckon he has quite a bit of potential, still young so will stay in U20s for another year then maybe out on loan somewhere

Simone Guida - another freebie 2 years back and is basically our 5th choice ST and hence made the odd appearance this season and did well, scored that vital goal in the playoffs (well, we still lost but it was vital at the time!), also co-owned so same as Strukelj, if he stays he will probably make the odd appearance again next season and then will decide

Frank Gundersen - the better of the 2 Danes I signed last Summer, has quite a bit of potential and is probably vying for 4th choice ML with Strukelj, will see what happens this season before making a decision

Gianni Profeta - yet another freebie 2 years back, out on loan in Serie C2 this year and did pretty well, may go out again or be kept as a last resort backup, if he improves a bit may have a future here as a backup

Andrea Beltrame - came up thru our youth ranks, looks a bit average but did very well in Serie C2 (scored half his team's goals), probably has the same future as Profeta

Andrea Spalazzi - signed last Summer for free and someone I mentioned in pre-season as having with potential and so far he is living up to it in the U20s, played very well and did OK in the 45 minutes he had for the 1st team, improving all the time as well, U20s again next season before maybe a loan spell somewhere, could be anything

There are a few others as well but the above look the ones to note at the moment although to be honest I'd be surprised if more than half were still here come the next update...

I wouldn't get too excited.... :(

lol fair enough...promotion is a big ask in the first season, finding your feet in the league and building towards a promotion push isnt an easy thing to do first year...i look forward to your update

For me I have three games down 1 win, 1 draw, 1 loss = 5 goals for, 5 goals against... an interesting start, a 1:1 draw at home followed by a 0-3 loss away and then I came home to play a second team and thrashed them 4:1, just some crazy results to leave me mid table so far.

For me I have three games down 1 win, 1 draw, 1 loss = 5 goals for, 5 goals against... an interesting start, a 1:1 draw at home followed by a 0-3 loss away and then I came home to play a second team and thrashed them 4:1, just some crazy results to leave me mid table so far.

better start than i made!! loving the location by the way... :D season review up later...

SV_Waldhof_Mannheim.png

SVW Mannheim - German Third Division - Season 2010/11 - Season Review

Media Prediction: 18th

Final Position: 3rd

So my first season as manager of SVW Mannheim has come to a close and what a rollercoastr of a season it was. We started the season with three straight defeats as we settled into the league which didn't bode well. However, we recovered and managed to haul ourselve sinto the promotion picture with a few games to go. Unfortunately we couldn't quite break into the top 2 and with two games to go it was 3rd and the promotion play-off or bust. A home win sent us into the final game in 3rd and an away win at Lubeck (G-Wiz... ;)) would guarantee us 3rd. The game didn't go to plan however and a 1-1 draw left us sweating, especially after Lubeck had a late penalty turned down. Thankfully results went our way and we finished in 3rd.

This meant a play-off against Fortuna Dusseldorf of the Second division. We were massively underfancied and in the home leg we huffed and puffed but failed to break them down, whilst conceding ourselves to lose 1-0. In normal circumstances a good result - it nonetheless left us with a mountain to climb away from home. As a sign of the gulf in stature, 50,000 fans packed in to watch us play out a dull 2nd leg which finished 0-0 meaning we were left facing another year in the Third Division.

Transfers 1 Transfers 2

Squad 1 Squad 2

As the transfers show, we had a mass overhaul of the squad in the summer and i invested heavily in young Portugese talent thanks to my scout hitting Portugal first. Coupled to the young Germans i needed in my squad i finally settled on this squad.

I'll highlight some of the key players now that have starred in the black & blue:

Goalkeeper

Ricardo Batista - Portugese goalkeeper was a rock at the back. A great signing, he was one of the stars. Hopefully i can keep him for a few more seasons yet.

Defenders

Lukas Van den Burgh - signed on a free and as part of my quota of young Germans, he actually outperformed my expectations by a mile. RB is an area i can improve on so it remains to be seen if he has a future. We shall see

Lovre Vulin - Added some real quality to our defensive line, i was delighted with his signing. had a great season and hopefully he can go from strength to strength.

Buda - One of the posse of Portugese CB's he had a great season.. More to come fro mhim i think.

Paulo Renato - Formed a great partnership with Buda keeping the defence almost watertight at times.

Joao Pedro - the 3rd of our Portugese CB's, he struggled a little until given a run late in the season where his form improved.

Midfielders

Nuno Coelho - Portugese DM did well in that position. hopefully he can develop further.

Fabio Paim - signed this FM legend partly on his ability, partly for nostalgia. a little inconsistent, he nontheless performed well on the right wing.

Ebou Sillah - Gambian attacking midfielder who mainly featured at AML for us. Had a solid season and scored a few goals, he was pretty inconsistent and had some stinkers. Needs more consistency or he'll be off.

Ertan Ekiz - German CM who was probably my player of the season. consistently good, we missed him when he was injured. Named Third Division Player of the Year. More to come from him.

Pascal - Signed for a nominal fee from Levante in Spain, he was mainly signed to make up the young German numbers. However, performed great in the run-in when injuries gave him his chance.

Strikers

William Anane - top goalscorer with ...., he was never a prolific striker, something needed as a lone striker. Did a job though, it is doubtful he'll be our first choice next season however as i am looking to strengthen my attack.

Joshua King - Norweigen striker released by Man United. Only played a few times, i am mentioning him as a player for the future and one maybe to watch. Hamburg have him under watch.

Tactically, i set up with my 4-1-2-2-1 formation that had served me well at Venezia. We were really strong at the back although we didn't score as many as i would like. i think that's mainly down to the quality of player we have though as much as anything. The Portugese spine served us well and i will look to improve on this this summer.

On the Finances front, we struggled in this area making losses every month which left us over £500k in the red. I have however moved to combat this by Selling Josue, a good little Portugese CM who never quite cut it for us for £425k to Belenenses so that has helped cut the defecit.

Targets for the new Season

> Promotion. That is my one aim for the new season having come so close this time round. i think we will need it financially too as much as anything in order to make a profit.

So my first season in German football is complete. Overall i enjoyed it and hopefully i can push Mannheim up towards the upper reaches of German football sooner rather than later. Getting so close to promotion has only increased my determination to achieve this.

Career History

[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]Season   League      Pos.  Cup       Europe         Achievements[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]_________________________________________________________________________________________________[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]2010/11  3rd Division  3rd   N/A       N/A             Lost in play-off final[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana] [/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]

^^hard luck with the playoff, promotion next season i reckon...hopefully lubeck can build on the fact they stayed in the league this season :)

Cheers - that's the aim for the new season

i'm off on holiday for a week now so good luck with your games - i'll be back next Friday looking for promotion stories - Not LLR though!! ;)

I'm gonna give this challenge a go, I've recently taken Cambridge United from the Blue Square Premier all the way to the Premiership, so its France's turn :)

Meet the new manager of Chamois Niortais, I'm aiming to play wide, quick, silky football, with producing my own youth as fantastically this club has Good Youth Facilities, already I've got this absolute gem, who looks just fantastic, may I present to you, Roman Louis, he's probably already my best player :p

2rdu6fa.jpg

VfB Lubeck - 2021/2022 - End of Season Review

Predicted Position: 1st

Actual Position: 1st

Average Attendance: 34871

Season Ticket Holders: 8848

The League

Another great season, building on last season by not losing a single league game, and only conceding 24 goals, compared to 43 the previous season.

Awards season was again very good to the team:

German Top Goalscorer - Stefano Okaka - 1st

German Footballer of The Year -

German Players Defender of The Year - Daniel Kuster - 1st, Araujo - 2nd

German Players Midfielder of The Year - Sven Fuchs - 1st

German Players Striker of The Year - Andrea Galliani - 3rd

German Manager of The Year - Garry Maltman - 1st

German Players Manager of The Year - Garry Maltman - 1st

The stadium expansion was also completed, making Lubeck Stadium a 40650 all-seater stadium.

The German Cup

Defeated Werder Bremen 2-0 in the final to successfully defend the trophy for the first time

The European Super Cup

Victory over Club Brugge gave the club an early trophy to add to the collection!

Club World Championship

Semi Final - Shanghai Shenuha 0 - 6 Lubeck

Final River Plate 2 - 2 Lubeck(Won 8-7 on pens)

Another tournament, another trophy for the ever-increasing Lubeck trophy cabinet. Tough final, River pushed us all the way but we came through in the end.

The Euro Cup

Finished 1st in Group E thanks to the following results:

Levski 1 - 2 Lubeck

Lubeck 1 - 0 Shakhtar

Lubeck 4 - 2 Valencia

Valencia 3 - 4 Lubeck

Lubeck 7 - 1 Levski

Shakhtar 2 - 3 Lubeck

1st Knockout Rd - Benfica 1 - 1 Lubeck Lubeck 2 - 1 Benfica - Won 3-2 on agg.

Quarter Final - Bayern Munich 0 - 1 Lubeck Lubeck 3 - 0 Bayern Munich - Won 4-0 on agg.

Semi Final - Lubeck 1 - 0 Liverpool Liverpool 2 - 4 Lubeck - Won 5-2 on agg.

Final - Atletico Madrid 0 - 2 Lubeck

Euro Cup Best Player - Eduardo 1st, Sven Fuchs - 2nd

Euro Cup Dream Team - 7 players

Team were awesome all the way through the Champions Cup this season, and the tremendous away form again seemed to be the difference

Players

The main departure was Paolo Giovinco leaving for £4.9 million to Schalke, he made some noise about wanting to leave, plus wasnt really scoring as id hoped he would. Other than that, a few of the younger players were sent out on loans to give them some first team football. A few may push themselves into my plans for the forthcoming season, time will tell

The major players were:

GK

Emmanuel Nkomo - fantastic season, 16 clean sheets in league, 26 in all competitions, only conceded 41 in 55 apps, becoming the keeper i hoped he would

Def

Benjamin Weiner - another 26 apps, averaging 7.09. solid when called upon, but struggling to get a look-in when araujo and kuster are both fit

Oscar Galeano - only missed a couple of games, solid defensively, doesnt offer a lot going forward but not particularly necessary due to my formation/tactics

Daniel Kuster - forming a formidable partnership with araujo, part of the reason for the improvement in the number of goals we conceded this season, and also scored 8 goals himself, again a threat from set-pieces

Mesut Palaz - Another good season, only missed 1 league match, featured in pretty much every game. I would like to point out that Mesut Palaz recently scored his first international goal, having played in 10 games. At club level, he is yet to find the net in 175 league appearances lol

Araujo - 50 games, 10 goals, a real threat from corners, and a rock at the back. however discipline is still a problem, 17 yellows this season!

Mid

Eduardo - continues to boss the midfield, winner of European Midfielder of The Year, putting him up with the likes of Messi, Ronaldo and Iniesta, some recent winners. Not bad for £100k 7 years ago!

Ghislain Monteil - just won his first cap for France in an end of season friendly, solid as always

Pablo Rosales - 36 apps overall, average of 6.99, useful as always

Sven Fuchs - one of the best performers this season, quickly dislodged rosales with his performances. one of four squad members who is now a regular for the German national team

Jonathan - signed from Villareal 2020-2021 season, spent a year out on loan, used this season mainly as cover, impressive displays make him a real contender for a starting place

Albert Schutz - signed on a free from Bayern, decent player to have as cover

Att

Andrea Galliani - a good season, 24 goals in all comps, as well as 18 assists, at 25 years old, still has plenty of time to improve. his form earned him 3rd place in striker of the year, well-deserved.

Sven Bellot - 21 goals in 47 apps, 14 assists, he and galliani tend to lay on as much as they score

Leonardo - 8 goals in 30 apps in total, mostly used as a sub, at 20 years old i have high hopes for him in a year or two

Stefano Okaka - another season, another year as top scorer. starting to show his age a bit, but also starting to develop his game, laying on 27 assists on top of his 35 goals, now the clubs record league goalscorer with 155 league goals

Lukasz Piszczek - honourable mention, just announced his retirement, only featured in 5 matches last season, no goals. he's been a tremendous servant to the club, joining in 2011-2012 season. No mention of him in the clubs favoured personnel/legends/icons section, which i find disappointing, as i feel he deserves to be remembered in Lubeck history. Retires having played 257 league matches, scoring 103 league goals. Overall record below

Tomas Svoboda - sent out on loan this season, but i reckon he'll be in rotation for next season, with Piszczek leaving and Okaka starting to show his age a bit too. Signed a few seasons back from Banik Ostrava for 300k, looks like he could be a big player, so might start bringing him through, aim is to beat Okakas scoring record.

Top Scorer: Stefano Okaka - 35 goals

Most Assists: Eduardo - 33 assists

Highest Ave. Rating: Eduardo - 7.51

Fans Player of The Year: Eduardo

Appearances:

Stefano Okaka - 305 - 210 goals

Lukas Piszczek - 304 - 122 goals

Eduardo - 299 - 96 goals

Marco Castellani - 261 - 1 goal

Mesut Palaz - 225

Emmanuel Nkomo - 222

Benjamin Weiner - 214 - 15 goals

Timo Gebhart - 211 - 30 goals

Marco Mura - 205

Ghislain Monteil - 194 - 15 goals

Pablo Rosales - 173 - 23 goals

Araujo - 163 - 27 goals

Holger Badstuber - 139 - 7 goals

Andrea Galliani - 137 - 68 goals

Paolo Giovinco - 136 - 45 goals

Sven Bellot - 122 - 56 goals

Daniel Kuster - 113 - 16 goals

Mozart - 112 - 24 goals

Ferhat Dag - 111 - 22 goals

Jose Luis Prado - 107 - 3 goals

Going forward, there are a number of good youth products who i may start playing in the German Cup etc to try and give them some game time, as i now have excellent youth facilities, there are some big prospects coming through.

On another note, the board have announced yet another stadium expansion, this time adding another 8387 seats, so season by season, Lubeck Stadium is becoming a fortress worthy of the German and European Champions!

Not sure how much longer i will continue with this game, may try another country, or another challenge altogether, but its gonna be hard to let this save go...

Season          Division        Position       Achievements
2010/2011       Third Division	1st		Promoted 
2011/2012	Second Division 9th		  
2012/2013       Second Division 2nd	 	Promoted
2013/2014	First Division  14th
2014/2015       First Division  9th
2015/2016       First Division  5th             German Cup Runner Up, Qualified for Euro Cup
2016/2017       First Division  8th
2017/2018       First Division  8th             German Cup Winner!
2018/2019       First Division  3rd             Qualified for Champions Cup
2019/2020       First Division  1st		Champions!
2020/2021       First Division  1st             Champions!German Cup Winner!Champions Cup Winner!!
2021/2022       First Division  1st             Champions!German Cup Winner!Champions Cup Winner! European Super Cup Winner! Club World Champs Winner!

well i'm back and i have to say disappointed in the lack of updates!! having said that congrats on another top season G-Wiz - your ground is growing as quickly as you are!!

hopefully i'll be back on the Mannheim save tomorrow.... can't wait.

Yeah no updates from me, I am only about 6-8 games into my Chemnitz first season, being a dad has taken a lot of my FM time away, but I guess I can work on finding some spare time to play now.

you need to get your priorities right.... ;)

Hey Rlips have you found that the II teams in Germany seem to plummet to the bottom? I had played 9 games during the two weeks since my daughter was born for a terrible run of results, but since I dumped my attempted 4-2-3-1 and reverted to a 4-4-2 Diamond I have had three good results, and away 1:1 draw followed by a 2:1 victory over Wehen (They were leading the league), and then a 3:0 victory over Bayern II, this has moved my squad up to 16th with a 3-3-6 record after 12 games.

Behind us on the table are Dortmund II, Aue, Bayern II & Stuttgart II.

i have noticed in my game too that the "II" teams do tend to struggle. i was really fearful playing them at first but they were pretty straight forward to be honest. sounds like you are turning the corner a little. my 41221 formation is working pretty well for me - i'm currently in pre-season trying to improve my squad.

Renato Curi Angolana - Serie B - Summer 2020

The season just passed

As with last Summer there were a few co-ownerships to sort out. I offered nothing for any of the players but in the end 3 came back here whilst one went elsewhere - the DM/MC (Munoz) which was good as with 2 of the Bosman's being natural MCs I had far too many of them and needed to get rid. The next news was close to being the worst I could imagine as Trabzonspor offered £2.1m for Atienza, the best winger in the whole division. Obviously the chairman accepted and although that is excusable given the amount involved, I certainly would not have done as he is one of 3 players (Diego, Ezeocha being the others) that, at the moment, I would refuse every offer for. This led to a desperate search for a replacement and a realisation that I did not have as many great MLs on my shortlist as I previously thought. Thankfully my 1st choice, a Malian from Brno, signed up so that problem was swiftly resolved.

I then managed to get rid of a few of the unwanted players, the 2 right-sided Spaniards went for £600k (I was a bit concerned as Revuelta actually went to Serie A) and I somehow got £750k for my young Spanish DC. With the excess number of MCs at the club I needed to get rid of another one and my Romanian from last Summer was the prime candidate since his lack of settling. I managed to get £850k from him and he went down to Serie C1 to join Schutz at Pescara who bemusingly failed to get promotion last season, if they fail this season it will be highly amusing. Apart from a youth and some loanees that it was it on the leaving side of things. There were 2 more arrivals though as a very promising 16yo Czech D/MR came in from Sparta Prague whilst I decided towards the end of the window that another quality striker would be a good idea - Diego and Ezeocha are clearly brilliant but Napoli is getting on a bit and is grumpy about not playing whilst Galindo basically does not score goals. I searched around my shortlist and settled on an Algerian international from Sochaux for £650k. And that was it.

The new Angolanians

Guychel Mutombo, Walter Di Stasio - both Bosmans, both have EU 2nd nationality, both will be part of our MC team, don't know who is better and not sure if either will actually be first choice, they will be competing mainly with Palermo, Mutombo played quite a bit for Lille last year whilst Di Stasio did move for £2.2m when he was so 19 he at least had a lot of potential when younger, a bit of a worry is his low average rating for all his clubs so far

Aleksander Zmuda - a Bosman from Germany who looks a fine player, Hamrouni will start as 1st choice MR but Zmuda will definitely get a chance at some stage especially as Rahn hardly impressed last season, a little bit of improvement and he could be very good

Youssouf Coulibaly - the new ML, my 1st choice after the departure of Atienza, came to us via Mali, Nigeria, Georgia and the Czech Republic, does not look as good as the former incumbant but no players on my shortlist are, should be very capable and is much more versatile as well, added advantage of having French nationality as well so I still have one non-EU player for the season, anything remotely close to Atienza's performances will do

Jan Blaha - a very promising youth, bought because I presumed that sooner or later another club would notice him and I might lose out, will be in the U20s but with the departure of the 2 Spanish right-sided players, he will probably play a bit as a backup at DR, curious to see how he will turn out

Hicham Saadaoui - a new backup striker, a Sochaux youth product who hardly ever played for them, that is a bit of a worry but his stunning international record is reassuring, looks a very good all-round player, will mainly be an impact sub but will play quite a bit as there is no way both main strikers will stay fit all season

So very little change and with Atienza's departure our 1st team is probably actually weaker but hopefully the youngsters and our defence will have another year of improvement under their belts, overall the squad is probably of the same level. Aim will clearly be to show that last season was not a fluke and obtain promotion, ideally directly but playoffs will do.

shame to see Atienza depart but you've brought in some good players. Coulibaly looks a good little winger in his place and Saadaoui must be pretty good with that international pedigree. good luck next season.

Thanks but as you will see, they (or rather the players who were already here) have not been performing too great...

Renato Curi Angolana - Serie B - Christmas 2020

Our start was considerably less impressive than last season; we opened up with a dire 0-0 at home to Grosseto (not a very good side but one we failed to beat last season as well) before conceding a 92nd minute equaliser at Cagliari. And then we lost at Chievo. Freshly relegated Atalanta were our next visitors and I was not entirely confident but thankfully Ezeocha (1st half hat-trick) and Diego (2 goals) put us 5-1 up by the 50 minute to give us an unexpectedly easy win. That joy soon disappeared as we chucked away at lead at home to Taranto to lose 2-3. And promptly lost the next 3 matches as well, conceding 9 goals in the process - a nadir being a 1-4 defeat at promoted Bari. We were dangerously close to the bottom and the whole squad thought we were underachieving and we had severe harmony issues.

We dragged a good 1-1 win out of our next match at a Bologna side who had been in Serie A for most of the last 10 years via Saadaoui's first goal for the club and he promptly got his 2nd to give us victory over Mantova. Utter embarrassment followed. Salernitana visited and due to an overload of fixtures I played a couple of youngsters, bad idea, we went behind and although did not play badly we capitulated in the last 10 minutes to lose 1-5, probably our worst ever home defeat. Thankfully that performance did not show in our next match as we got an early goal against 6th placed Ravenna and controlled the match from then on, a solid clean sheet. And then we started drawing games, lots of games - both Piacenza and Arezzo should have been beaten while we followed those games with 2 away 0-0 draws. 2 away 0-0 draws which were actually quite impressive as they were against Padova and 2nd placed Siena, my DR was MoM in both of them.

After conceding 3 goals in 5 matches the match against Triestina was slightly crazy; 3 times we took the lead (Ezeocha's 2nd hat-trick of the season), 3 times they equalised, a frustrating draw (or even defeat) was about to happen before Diego in the 86th minute and Ezeocha's 4th (his 2nd 4 goal haul for us) gave us a 5-3 win. An altogether more sedate match with Empoli ended 2-0 with the usual 2 scorers. That made it 8 games without defeat and left us firmly in midtable in 13th place, not that far away from the playoffs but only 2 points above the playouts.

Not ideal. The main problem has been scoring goals, apart from a few (too many) nightmares defensively we had not been that bad as the last few matches show. The lack of goals is possibly due to the wingers, Coulibaly has not been bad but has had nowhere near as much influence as Atienza had whilst Hamrouni has been too calm and too injured so far. In defence, they are playing quite well except Ivan who is annoying me again, moaning about bigger clubs and not playing very well, he is off in the Summer for sure, maybe even the Winter if I can find a suitable replacement. Also my GK is out for 3 months so I have had to play the 19yo inexperienced German there, my fault for not having an experienced backup but to be fair he has played well so far.

If we can continue this unbeaten run, a move up the table towards the playoffs can't be out of the question but then again if our form collapses then we will be looking more down the table than up it...

SV_Waldhof_Mannheim.png

SVW Mannheim - German Third Division - Season 2011-12

Season Preview

So after last season's 3rd place finish and play-off heartache, i set myself the challenge of automatic promotion this time around. This would be tricky however due to our large debt and so there was no transfer budget of note and a wage budget the same as last year. Based on this i decided to hit the free transfer market again and see what i could find

Transfers

Below is a list of the newcomers:

Goalkeepers

Alberto Gallinetta - young Italian goalkeeper signed with decent potential and low wages. Very much 3rd choice for now though.

Full Backs

Bienvenue Basala-Mazana - Young German Rb signed on a pre-contract last season, he adds real competition to the RB spot. is also a German U23 which is important

Richard Van Heulen - Dutch LB / LM signed on a free. Best suited as a LM, he was signed to provide cover at LB predominantly.

Centre Backs

Mario Erb - German CB signed following his release by Bayern Munich. provides real competition for places and has started in the first XI alongside Bura

Sead Hajrovic - Signed following his release by Arsenal, he is a good prospect for the future and is on the cusp of the starting XI

Midfielders

Raffaele Bianco - Italian DM signed following his release by Juventus. Provides real competition to Nuno Coelho he has had a little run in the team in the early stages.

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas - English midfielder signed after being released by Arsenal. Had to sign this guy up and glad i have done. Started well as CM partner to Ekiz

Paco Sanchez - Belgian midfielder signed as cover to Ekiz as both are similar players.

Aymar N'goma - Congolese youngster signed after being released by Lyon. Fans were excited by his signing - i am yet to be totally convinced but he is young.

Conor Clifford - Irish U21 midfielder released by Chelsea. Took a bit of a gamble on him and although did ok in pre-season, hasn't really featured as yet in the league.

Philipp Haas - young German CM signed on loan from parent club Hoffenheim. Adds to German quota and statistically is a good player for his age. in the squad.

Wingers

Emin Sulimani - Austrian winger brought in to provide cover to Fabio Paim. reasonable wages too which is a plus.

Strikers

Daniel Sikorski - Austrian striker released by Bayern Munich. did ok on trial and earnt himself a contract as i was short on strikers. slow start in the league though.

Joetex Frimpong - Signed on a season-loan from Young Boys in Switzerland, he has experience and a decent pedigree. adds competition for places.

Marco Terrazzino - Another young German in on a season loan from parent club Hoffenheim. Adds a German striker to our books for the quota and costs nothing in wages.

As you can see there have been plenty of incomings again this season as i try to mould a promotion winning team. In order to balance the books there have been a number of departures to which have generated £950k in fees. this has helped the bank balance although we will be back in the red come the end of th season. I was happy to let all of these players leave so overall i am happy with the business done.

Onto the season we go - i am at the end of September already and i am pretty happy with the start we have made and we are in the leading pack which is good. hopefully we can maintain this form and win promotion to Bundesliga 2.

this thread has gotten really quiet all of a sudden! rlips, looks like some shrewd players brought in, good luck with the promotion push...

im considering starting this challenge again, really enjoyed my Lubeck save, which im still gonna play from time to time

looking for inspiration with regards to which country i should try this in...im interested in Turkey and Holland, but at the same time might give my home country a go and try Scotland, or i might start a few if i cant decide lol

ok so im holidaying in turkey right now, but i notice the lowest division is split into 4 groups, so does anyone know how the relegation/promotion works? are the unplayable teams promoted into 1 particular group or split between all 4 or what? just want to make sure i stick to the rules :)

ok so im holidaying in turkey right now, but i notice the lowest division is split into 4 groups, so does anyone know how the relegation/promotion works? are the unplayable teams promoted into 1 particular group or split between all 4 or what? just want to make sure i stick to the rules :)

never mind, holidayed, and through a process of elimination have got the 3 previously unplayable teams...now to choose one! season preview coming soon

And my lack of updates is because of a complete lack of play time at the moment, had two weeks off spent mostly with my daughter, then back to work and of course the first week back was chaos as I tried to get back into it, and this weekend has been trying to get my own housework caught up on...seriously a mess...but hopefully from now I can start to get back into the games I have going, in particular Evora & Chemnitz

MarmarisBelediyespor.jpg

So, after careful consideration, Garry Maltman has opted to take charge of Marmaris Belediyesi Gençlik ve Spor Kulubü, or Marmaris Bld. for short! lol they are new arrivals to the Turkish Second Division Group A, and have granted me a war-chest of £9k and a weekly wage budget of 10k a week...

could find very little info on them on the net, well in english anyway, have a new customised background for this challenge, best picture of what i hope is one of the stands from their stadium, Marmaris İlÇe. i dont think it looks as good as the satellite pic from the Lubeck save, but this game will be my main focus from now on, never played in turkey before, wish me luck!!

good luck with Marmaris G-Wiz - what can i say about the picture of the ground??? looks like it was a nice day!! :D

as for backgrounds, i always customise too.

(my updates of Mannheim will be put on hold for about a week or so as i've just taken over as new manager of the Monkeys.... Still be in here mind!!)

good luck with Marmaris G-Wiz - what can i say about the picture of the ground??? looks like it was a nice day!! :D

lol amazingly fm claims the stadium holds 1250 fans, cant see that being the case unless the other side is a bit more impressive...

also just had a look at my squad, i forgot what it was like just starting out at a club, gonna take me a few years anyway to get things in some kind of order i imagine...on the plus side i am currently only spending just over 1k a week on wages, which gives me about 10k to play with, should help me bring a fair few players in

Well guys, I think its time to get some ideas for the Big Euro Awards, I have listed below the awards from last year. To start with I think we just want to know if there are any ideas for new awards, or any awards you think should be taken out. And then from about September 1st I will work on getting a list of nominees from across the thread. So below is the list from last season, anyone who has new ideas just pop them here..

The Big Euro 09 Awards

The Norms

Best Goalkeeper

Raul Perez Rodriguez - (Real Oviedo) - In his best season he managed to concede only 26 goals in 45 appearances, having been brought in as a free he was a huge star for the club. In 11 seasons with the club he has been the starter, in 364 league games he has conceded only 295 goals, with 163 clean sheets. The Spainard has led the way from the back for his club.

Best Defender

Javier (Real Oviedo) - He has spent 11 seasons with the club after coming through their Youth Academy, he has played 496 games, with 42 Man of the match awards and every season has had an average rating over seven. He is a four time Spanish Young Player of the Year finalist, three time European Defender of the Year, and went on the World Team of the Year three times as well. He became a regular for Spain before he turned 20, turning out 65 times. And he is only my vice captain.

Best Midfielder

Tommaso Cilona (Savona) - This was his best season in a 12 year Savona career. He's made 429 appearances and scored 80 goals at 7.15 - pretty good for a defensive midfielder! Has won World Football of the Year once and come runner up twice.

Best Striker

Aleksander Radakovic: The guy who made it all happen for Fafe, in our league winning season he did only make a handful of appearances, but if not for his goalscoring we would've never got to the top level of Liga Sagres, club records for appearances (419), goals (241) and man of matches (71). He also has 83 assists and an average rating of 7.13.

The Greats

Hall of Famer

Javier (Real Oviedo) - He has spent 11 seasons with the club after coming through their Youth Academy, he has played 496 games, with 42 Man of the match awards and every season has had an average rating over seven. He is a four time Spanish Young Player of the Year finalist, three time European Defender of the Year, and went on the World Team of the Year three times as well. He became a regular for Spain before he turned 20, turning out 65 times. And he is only my vice captain.

Best Youth Product

Lifetime Achievement Award - Triple Awarded.

Riccardo Rotunno - 486 Appearances, more earlier in this post.

Aleksander Radakovic: - 419 Appearances, more in this post.

Casisa - Joining on a free as a 24-year-old in 2009 and captaining the team from the bottom division right up to Serie A becoming one of the best players in the division.. He spent 11 happy seasons at the club before retiring in 2020 and taking a position on the coaching staff.

Best Nickname

Jorge 'the king' Rodriguez

The Others Player Awards

Best Bargain

Dixon (Real Oviedo) - he has averaged over 1 in 2 games and prolific at times. almost a goal a game for Ireland too. A star in his league, and for his nation, not many players can do this.

Overpriced

Richard 16M - He played from January 2028, to January 2029 scoring 9 goals in 34 matches and left for 4.5M to Werder Bremen where he has 12 goals in 15 starts...

Worst Signing

Markus Larsson - a $15 million signing from Braga in 2015-2016. He never scored more than 8 goals in his 4 years with Real Oviedo. His last season with the club, he scored 1 goal in 25 games. This signing was so significant that I never buy players based in Portugal!!

The Stories Team Awards

Best Season Review

Fafe- Season 2027/28 First League Win

Best Season

Savona -The Completion Season - The triumphant first completion of the challenge \o/.

Hard Luck Story

Real Oviedo - 2023/2024 season where I was neck and neck with Real Madrid all season, until the last H2H game with them, at Bernabeu, where they scored an 81st minute goal to win, after I fought back to draw them in the 55th minute. Real Madrid finished 2 points ahead. We would have won the La Liga title if the result remained a draw because I defeated them at home earlier in the season.

Funniest Event

Fafe - Seeing the Sporting CP goalkeeper clear the ball into his own defender, having it bounce back into the net to give Fafe the victory 2:1.

By the Numbers

Best Result

Real Oviedo vs NL Spanish 10-0

Worst Result

Savona vs Roma 1-7

Most Goals

Jorge "The King" Rodriguez (Real Oviedo) - 48 goals

Most Assists

Arturo Di Giuseppe (Fafe) - 30 assists

Most Clean Sheets

Raul Perez Rodriguez (Real Oviedo) - 26 clean sheets

Bora Ayaz (Domegliara) - 26 clean sheets

Des Tiny's

Lusitano de Evora

newheader.png

Pre-Season

2031/32 Liga Sagres

Bet you didn't expect this...?

The Current Season

The Quick Reference

Predicted Finish: 1st

Odds: 6-4 (Fav)

Season Tickets: 6267

Expectations: Win

Transfer Budget: 18M

Wage Budget: 1M

The Preseason in General

The Signings:

July 2031 -

Mark Falix (PSV) - 2M - The 17 year old AMC is not going to be stepping straight into the squad, but he is clearly one for the future as are most of the rest I have added to the squad.

Gorka Prieto (Osasuna) - 7M - The 16 year old defender is going to battle with Swinkels for the back-up role behind Kamil Sima this season, but he will also look to get a run in the middle of defense.

Nick Swinkels (FC Groningen) - 2.3M - The 16 year old Dutch defender is definitely slightly ahead in the battle right now, and he looks pretty good for a youngster. With Sima likely to be out in the next couple of seasons this could be a goo battle to watch.

Jeffrey Keller (AA Gent) - 1.5M - The 16 year old Defensive Midfielder will be wanting to make a step up quickly if he can, but his potential seems to be the let down for him. He knows that there is a huge way to go, but to have joined one of the best clubs in the world is what matters.

Reinhard Koch (HSV) - 5.5M - He looks pretty 'strong' for only 16 years of age, the striker will be hoping to push into the top team as soon as he can. He has a few guys infront of him, but the sale of Javier will help his chances.

Bruno Rocha (Sporting CP) - 625k - A young Portuguese star of only 15, he is strongest as a right back, but he could be in for a battle as we try to have at least one portuguese player in our team before the season starts.

David (Valencia) - 5M - The 16 year old Spainard is down the pecking order, but really he has a pretty good shot at moving up, a huge potential on his shoulders means he is likely to get into the squad in the future.

July 2032 -

Juan Alvarado (Americo [MEX]) - 3.3M - The 17 year old Mexican looks to follow the steps of Pedro Banos to Portugal and into the international side. He looks to have a lot of creativity and his passing and first touch are just amazing.

July 2033 -

Rajko Golubovic (Partizan) - 5M - The 16 year old Serb is another possible superstar left back, He has great skill in the tackle, some amazing technique as well. One to watch even though it is two seasons before he will join the squad.

Cristian Martin (San Lorenzo) - 2M - The young Argie will be looking to come into the Evora squad and run the midfield, he may not be one of the strongest players right now, but he has the potential to lead the world.

Zoran Prslako (Dinamo) - 1.4M - The 16 year old Croatian is a pretty good Central Defender and will be looking to join the likes of Britton, Javier and Banos in the line in the years to come. It is a lot more likely that him and Swinkels will eventually take over, but we will see.

Rodrigo Silva (Cruzeiro) - 2.5M - A 16 year old Brazilian with a bit of skill at the back, he is a holding midfielder who could be a star in the years to come.

The Leavers:

Javier (At.Madrid) - 23.5M - Mainly a way to open some space for my youngsters, but sending a star like him away was a huge decision though his signing alone almost balanced my books.

The other players that you may know are Accasio, Alejandro Etxeberria & Peter Cooper.

The Rest

I managed to play 10 friendlies as I tested out my new 4-2-3-1 formation and it resulted in some great victories. I have ended up deciding on my squad to be my number one team as follows.

GK: Nicky Evers

DR: Ferhat Yildiz

DL: Kamil Sima

DC: Francisco Javier

DC: Pedro Banos

MC: Ignacio Benitez

MC: Branko Babic

AM: Aleksander Lukic

AM: Pablo Almiron

AM: Emiliano Cappiello/Mauricio Flores

ST: Danilo

Now before anyone asks what happened to my Chemnitz game, I am actually continuing with both games, and playing them both when I can.

Here are a couple of short season reports:

logo.png

SC Preußen Münster – 2013/2014 – 1st Division

The German Cup

3rd Rnd

The 1st Division

A good season wth the team playing above all expectations - finished 6th.

Screenshots

League table – Position 6th

Player transfers

Squad at the end of the season

Branislav Tomic – Top goal scorer (league)

Joe Hart – Successfull season from the keeper

Nemanja Matic – Reliable midfielder who never excells, but also never lets you down

logo.png

SC Preußen Münster – 2014/2015 – 1st Division

The German Cup

2nd Rnd

The 1st Division

The team continues its success and improves. Münster 3rd in the league, but 23 points behind the champions FC Bayern and very little separating them from 7th place. Nevertheless it will be European football next season.

Screenshots

League table – Position 3rd

Player transfers

Michele Marconi – The best goal scorer

Milan Vujic – Young DW/R who looks like a real gem from the Münster youth setup

Werner Neumann – Young Austrian striker

Carlos – Spanish midfielder, a previous season's signing, who has not gotten his game together properly. Looks pretty good though

Guillermo Ochoa – Mexican keeper who must be the biggest name player at Münster. Ochoa and Joe Hart played almost equal amount of games.

logo.png

SC Preußen Münster – 2015/2016 – 1st Division

The 1st Division

I guess the team can perform consistently on a high level. Münster again finished 3rd and briefly even lead the league for awhile.

League table – Position 3rd

The German Cup

Münster had a very good run in the German Cup finding its way to the final.

FC Bayern 4 - Münster 3 – Lost in the final

German Cup fixtures

The European Champions Cup

I was able to lead Münster to the Champions Cup graoup stage, but the team did not qualify for further rounds. Had I won this game:

Münster 0 - PSG 1, then Münster would have won the whole group.

Champions Cup fixtures

The Euro Cup

After dropping from the Champions Cup, Münster continued their European games in the Euro Cup. After a good string of results, the team went all the way to the final. The final against Aston Villa was a game between two equally strong teams, and was very close. Both teams had about the same amount of shots, possession etc. Either could have won.

Aston Villa 2 - Münster 1 – Lost in the final

Euro Cup fixtures

More screenshots

Player transfers

Sergio Fernández – Young Sapnish striker with excellent attributes. I expected him to score more goals in the league, but he has time to improve.

Michele Marconi – Once again Michele was the most prolific goal scorer

Werner Neumann – I thought I had a surpluss of strikers, so I loaned young Neumann to Stuttgart. And what does he do? He scores 26 goals and is the top scorer of the whole darn 1st division!

Mats Hummels – Not worth the £20M I payed for him, but Mats was the very best German defender who was willing to join Münster

Stefan Genschur – I finally gave a chance for this young keeper, and he grabbed it with both hands (probably wearing sticky goalkeeper gloves). Good debut season for the goalie from the Münster youth team.

Robert Reinhardt – A very skillfull young defender. Looks like a one to watch in the future. Also his face looks somehow familiar to me. I think there is a resemblance to some 80ies American movie actor?

Arsenal v Münster – A Champions Cup game to remember. 16 yellow cards (Fernández got 1) and 3 red cards.

looks like you're making pretty rapid progress duccio, surely the league title isnt too far away now :)

im still finding my feet in turkey right now, won my first 3 league games tho, so happy with the start...struggling to get to grips with some of the names, thinking about just giving my first team nicknames to help me remember who's who lol

It has gone pretty well. I think its down to tactics. I have honed my tactic, a variation of 4132, for quite a while and it seems to work well in Germany. :)

I don't remember for how long it has been possible to take players on trial in FM, but only during this save have I realised how much easier it makes to sign players. Someone who otherwise would not be interested in joining you, will be much more opened minded about your contract offers once he is on trial.

To say something a bit different, I think lower league challenges in Italy will be rather interesting in the next FM. It looks like a good number of lower league teams there have gone bust and been relegated. Something like 20 former Serie D clubs have been admitted into the Serie C.

I use trials a lot in the lower leagues, but once I have money I mainly just use my huge scouting network and then buy them in.

Well Evora news, we have made it into the knockout stages of the Champions League, we lost the Euro Super Cup, but won the Portuguese version, and Tiny has signed on as the Manager of England after they failed to make the Euro Champs.

Archived