FM10 Small Club to Big Club Big Euro Nation Challenge

Razer82 – Associacao Desporitvo de Fafe – Portuguese Liga Sagres – 2020/2021

Liga Sagres – Media Prediction – 1st – Actual – 1st – Champions!

Portuguese CupRunners Up – Lost 5-0 to Benfica

Portuguese League CupRunners Up – Lost 2-0 to Benfica

Portuguese Super CupWinners! – Defeated Porto 2-1

Champions League1st Knockout Round – Lost 10-2 on agg to At. Madrid

Team Stats

Transfers

Top Scorer: Liam Bajek (30)

Top Assists: Adrian Vaquero (21)

It was a case of as you were in the league, beating everyone but dropping points against Benfica & Sporting as always. We did finally manage a win against Benfica, a narrow 4-3 win in the league but we paid dearly for that with defeats in both cup finals, one was a heavy 5-0 loss.

We continued to have a good showing in the Champions League, again making the Knockout Round but it was with our lowest group stage points total of just 7. Our knockout round opponents were two time winners At. Madrid - two heavy defeats knocked us out of the competition.

Razer82 – Associacao Desporitvo de Fafe – Portuguese Liga Sagres – 2021/2022

Liga Sagres – Media Prediction – 1st – Actual – 1st – Champions!

Portuguese CupWinners! – Defeated Braga 1-0

Portuguese League CupWinners! – Defeated Benfica 4-1

Portuguese Super CupRunners Up – Lost 2-1 to Benfica

Champions League1st Knockout Round – Lost 3-2 to Barcelona

Team Stats

Transfers

Top Scorer: Jorge Acosta (31)

Top Assists: Adrian Vaquero (26)

Our best league season even, just 3 points dropped, of course to Benfica. We made up for that by doing our first double over Sporting & the league was wrapped up relatively quickly, being crowned champions with 5 games remaining.

Sporting did us a favour by knocking Benfica out of the Portuguese Cup, allowing us to beat them 7-1 over the two legs of the semi final before defeating Braga to lift our fist ever cup!

We managed an amazing victory over Benfica to lift the League Cup for the first time, allowing us to manage an historic domestic treble. The Benfica Backlash that might come from this victory could well cost us next season.

We seem to be improving in the Champions League, managing our best group stage to date. Managing 4 wins to qualify with a game to spare. Also in our group were last season’s Knockout Round opponents, At. Madrid & I feared a similar result but we managed to only concede two goals in each of the games against them.

Our draw in the Knockout Round was Barcelona – this had me expecting another a pair of heavy defeats but to my surprise we managed a 2-2 draw at home. With a narrow chance of progressing we headed to the Camp Nou only to suffer an agonising 1-0 defeat to an early Bojan goal.

Champions League progress seems to be being made, only a narrow defeat in the Knockout Round so I’m hoping that we can make it past the 1st Knockout Round for the first time.

Financially we're doing very well, making a profit at the end of every season. It's going to be a while before we're up there with the big boys, mainly due to the size of our stadium. 15k all seater & no room for expansion, it will be interesting to see how long before the board look at building a new stadium.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be following along in your footsteps Razer, even if I am actually a few more seasons in 2023/24 is my current season and I am yet to win the league :)

Great work there with Fafe though I am delighted to see you conquering the league, it gives me faith that I might be able to complete that as well. KUTGW and congrats on finally winning the League Cup.

Razer82 – Associacao Desporitvo de Fafe – Benfica Watch!

3 seasons of Benfica watch to catch up on, mainly because I forgot it on my previous season update.

2019 / 2020

BenficaRecord-19-20.jpg

Not a great season, only managing 1 draw but suffering heavy defeats in the remainder of the games.

2020 / 2021

BenficaRecord-20-21.jpg

Another year of heavy defeats but we finally managed our first victory, a 4-3 league win as mentioned in my double season update.

2021 / 2022

BenficaRecord-21-22.jpg

Our best season ever against Benfica - two wins! We've shown that last season was no fluke, even taking a League Cup final victory against them.

Overall

BenficaRecord-Overall21-22.jpg

Whilst it still doesn't look pretty, we're able to beat Benfica now and it's just a case of improving the record over the next few seasons. The next aim is to win all the games against them in a single season.

I will be following along in your footsteps Razer, even if I am actually a few more seasons in 2023/24 is my current season and I am yet to win the league :)

Great work there with Fafe though I am delighted to see you conquering the league, it gives me faith that I might be able to complete that as well. KUTGW and congrats on finally winning the League Cup.

You'll get there, it will probably come when you least expect it. My first one was won by only a single point after a final day defeat to Sporting.

I think the League Cup win is my favourite over Benfica so far, always nice to add a trophy to the cabinet whilst beating a rival.

My main aim now is Champions League progress & a new stadium!

I've been getting facility upgrades over the last couple of seasons too, I'm hoping that it will finally help a lot of my youngsters reach their full potential.

Gone from Average Training & Minimal Youth up to Top Training & Average Youth since 2020.

We've been threatening this kind of a result for a while... Poor Aversa Normanna. Orosz didn't have too bad a game... :eek:

hopefully we can have a few more like these - too many draws at the moment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Des - i can't believe how physical Graziani is for such a short lighweight player!! he makes the most of what he has!!

Razer - good to see you've got the titles coming along. looks like you're on the verge of a good CL season too - just need a little luck in the draw....

Damn you guys are moving on fast now. I better get going myself soon.

PaulHartman71 - That's no fun going backwards like that. I hope you find some encouragement in surviving with such a small margin and manage to get a much better season next year. :thup:

duccio - Congrats on promotion, well done. :thup:

LLR - Congrats on the record high finish. Looks like it's a tight league under the top two there. To bad about Europe, but next year you'll be in the group stages, I can feel it. :) Great money for Tsotetsi in my opinion. It's great progress when you get such a big transfer fee for someone. Did you get the whole fee or are you gonna be getting some monthly payments? Graziani looks a good replacement, his pace should get him into good positions.

Razer82 - Wow you really got a grip at your own league now. Nice to see Fafe up there. :thup: And great progress in Champions League. From being hammered by Madrid one year to that narrow defeat to Barcelona. Looks like you might be on route to finishing in a few seasons.

rlipscombe - Great result! Are you on route for playoffs or even better yet?

Renato Curi Angolana - Serie C1/B - 2015/16

The very promising position at Christmas

Nothing happened on the transfer front in January apart from a new nadir of our wage budget issues: the inability to offer anyone, even potential Bosman signings, any more than £100 p/w. Safe to say we have no signings already lined up for the Summer :rolleyes:.

First up was a visit to Sardinia where we faced Alghero, a 4th 2-2 draw in 5 matches occured, given the scoring it was equally 2 points lost and 1 one gained. Next up the dreadful Portosummaga visited and were dispatched 4-2 with much less ease than I would have wished. A visit to Sassuolo brought the end of our 12 match unbeaten run and the continuation of our habit of conceding late goals (89th minute to lose 1-2). 13 goals now conceded in 7 matches was also worrying. A solid home win was followed by another away defeat to a good Rimini side.

Next it was our turn to score a late goal as a 90th minute penalty kept our unbeaten home run going and preventing the leaders Grosetto from going too far ahead of the pack. Both Bassano and Pro Vercelli were solidly beaten to keep us in the playoffs. Then it went mildly wrong; yes we scored another late equaliser to preserve the unbeaten home run against new leaders Crotone but that was sandwiched between THAT Pisa match and a defeat to Spal. Despite all that we were still not out of it, in 6th and 2 points from the playoffs.

Thankfully we woke up and completed an impressive double over a good Mantova side and continued the form with 7 points from the next 3 games. That meant with 2 games left we were in the playoffs, 1 point ahead of Ternana. And guess who we were visiting next? A win at their place and we were up, a draw and we were favourites as our last match was not too difficult. And a draw was what we were going to get until ANOTHER late goal gave them a 1-0 win. However, we still had a chance, we were 2 points behind Ternana and Mantova. The latter had a very difficult match at 3rd placed Rimini and given that we had done the double over them, as long as they did not win we could climb above them. For that to happen we, of course, had to win our last match; in theory, home against a bad Monopoli side should not pose too many problems. But inevitably it did. 12th minute and they were ahead and had chances to increase the lead. Thankfully we soon equalised, took the lead and then pulled away. And Rimini trashed Mantova so we finished 5th and in the playoffs.

In the semi final we had 2nd placed Grosetto. There was very bad news the week before when our first choice and ever-present GK broke his collarbone; that meant that the 20yo Dutch GK I signed a year ago would have to make his pro debut in the first leg and play all the way thru the playoffs. The home match ended 1-1 (of course they equalised in the last 15 minutes). The problem is that in Italy they don't do extra time or away goals: if the tie ends even, the higher placed club goes thru. This was fine 3 years ago in Serie C2 when we finished 2nd and squeezed thru both the semi and final via this exact method; it is not, however, fine this season when we finished 5th. It meant we had to win in Grosetto, not easy. Especially when when we had 2 players suspended and especially when they took a 5th minute lead. But we came back, equalised and then took the lead before h/t. They equalised straight after and it went end to end. In the 83rd minute we took the lead and looked to hold on. Which we did....until the 91st minute when we conceded an own goal from a corner, and then they scored a penalty in the 93rd minute. Aaaargh :mad:.

So out we went...and another year in this division awaits us. Very frustrating as we would have played Ternana in the final and although we only got 1 point off of them during the season, they would have been missing their star striker and Grosetto brushed past them easily in the final.

Here is the final table and as you can see, we were up and amongst the playoff positions during the whole season.

Well, that was a much better season. All-round improvement (apart from defence), 2nd top scorers and we had both the top scorer and assister in our ranks. We also completed our last season at Comunale unbeaten and although hardly impressive, we were less bad away from home than normal. The big issue is late goals, I have not bothered to count them but I reckon we must have hit over 15 points lost (and the playoffs) in the last 5 minutes. Neglecting THAT Pisa match, our defensive record was not actually that bad.

Squad

Summary

Finances - nothing new to report, £100k a month losses continued except when the board decided to pump in some money, hopefully (please please) the new stadium will reduce these losses

Transfers - all Bosmans were great except Carletes who had no chance once Tacchinardi scored scoring goals, he is off in the Summer as he, understandably, refuses to sign the vastly reduced contract that the board allows me to offer, amongst the 7 later freebies, one is good and a couple more have potential, on the departure side a lot of wages were exchanged for money, also 2 loanees went out as backups whilst for some inexplicable reason a good Cisco side (promoted via playoffs) not only took Avallone (he is dire but had enough potential to warrant a contract with the intention to sell for profit) on loan but actually played him 10 times (1 goal)

The stars this season were:

Best GK - Fabian Remy - same as last season, which is good, several cracking performances, few errors, perhaps a few more clean sheets would be nice but it is not really his fault he has the defence he has in front of him, still shows no signs of wanting to leave so hopefully he will be here at least until we get out of this division

Best Defender - Guiliano Sguera - none of them really deserved mentioning but while Agudo had the best rating he was only first choice for the last 2 months so I shall award it to a player I have not highlighted before, Sguera came in as one of the £100 per week freebies 3 years ago and has slowly graduated to the first team (more out of necessity than desire), a good defender but, in my eyes, not really good enough for the position we are in, that said he performed much better than his highly vaunted partner, unless the wage situation changes, he will be there or thereabouts next season as well

Best Midfielder - Asier Sarriegi - a classy player, the Basque shone in midfield, not many goals or assists but he controlled the area very well and was involved in several goals, we missed him when he was out for 3 months, should be able to hang onto him and I hope that now he is settled he will be even better next season

Best Left Winger - Hein Vonk - quite simply brilliant, upped his game from last season, although is still lacking in some assists, scored some great goals and even when he does not contribute directly to goals he is still often the best player on the pitch, there is interest and he has had a couple of mumbles about bigger clubs but I really hope I can keep him

Best Right Winger - Francesco Stella - after a slight blip last season he came back to his best, very similar season to Vonk as he scored several goals and had fantastic performances but was a bit lacking in assists, if I can keep him as well I am looking forward to next season

Most Profilic Striker - Francesco Tacchinardi - after his 2 goals in 24 appearances last season my comment last Summer was "Tacchinardi was not that good but he is doing great in training so hopefully will be better next season", well, yes he certainly was much much better this season, top scorer in the division, 24 goals scored better, I moved him to target man and that certainly made a difference as did playing next to Keita (see next), as can been seen by his rating, when he did not play well, he really was not that good but he knew where the goal was and that is what matters, hope that with another year on his back he will be even better next year

Best Forward - Sega Keita - a freebie from France (have discovered that apparently he is well thought of in real life) and he does not look that great a player but my scouts raved about him so I signed him up and I am eternally grateful that I did, he was quite frankly brilliant, was 3rd in the division Player of the Year award and won our award as well, much less prolific than Tacchinardi but he made up for that by being the perfect partner, he led the whole division in assists (quite a feat for a striker), most were gobbled up by Tacchinardi, some of his goals were a joy to watch, would love anything ressembling the same next year

Best Substitute - Jorge Loeschbor - came in from Argentina as a backup and that is what he was (mainly at ML) for a lot of the season until my DL had a bad spell and he got a run of games there, very solid and created a few goals, am very tempted to give him a proper runout at DL next season to see if he can hold down the position

Best Cheap "Average" Signing - Franco Danese - I was hoping that at least one of my £100 per week players would turn out to be useful and this guy certainly fits the bill, was in the U20s until Sarriegi had his long injury, then made some sub appearances and so impressed that he took the starting MC berth until Sarriegi recovered, is improving every month and I hope the improvement has not stopped, will be 1st choice MC backup next season

I think that with a couple of signings (in defence for starters) we could have a very good chance of challenging for the title. The problem is that I have absolutely no expectation that the board will increase the wage budget, in fact, I fully expect them to reduce it again and then moan at me for not controlling the "out of control" wages :rolleyes:. We are moving into the new (and very unnecessary) stadium for the start of next season so hopefully that will mean increased gate receipts and less losses and hence more wages. Doubt that is going to happen though.

Hence, I shall probably have to rely on the £100 per week players again and hope that last season's continue improving and that next season's have some quality in them. Only 2 players are currently leaving, Carletes (AM F/C) and Cuenca (AMC) whilst Maric (DL) will probably be sold as well but none of them played much and some of the youngsters can step up. Again I might be tempted to sell a few of the lesser used and highly valued players but I am not sure what use that will have given the continual board investments. I am hoping that all of the foreigners signed last season will have settled nicely and play even better than they did last season.

I would like the playoffs again.

Best 11

Overall Best 11

10/11 - Serie C2/B - 7th

11/12 - Serie C2/B - 13th

12/13 - Serie C2/B - 2nd (promoted via playoffs)

13/14 - Serie C1/B - 8th

14/15 - Serie C1/B - 10th

15/16 - Serie C1/B - 5th (lost in playoff semi-finals)

Team I Would Like To Play Every Week - Portosummaga - A3-0, H4-2 (last)

Team I Would Not Like To Play Every Week (we nearly did) - Grosseto - Serie C Cup: 1-1, regular season: A1-2, H1-1 (3rd), playoffs: H1-1, A3-4

YOUTH UPDATE

3 years ago I did a summary of promising youth players in our squad. Here is what they have been up to since:

Stefano Mainini - came thru upon my arrival and was going to be my first choice until Giorgi arrived, now we are up I might try to loan him out for 1st team experience, doubt he will ever be 1st choice for us but he should have good C1/C2 career - not great, one useful and 2 underused loan spells (the latter because no-one was interested in buying him) and he will be leaving on a free this Summer, should pick up a job in Serie C2

Lorenzo Pisani - another one of mine, came up last season, getting better all the time, was on the bench as DR backup for the last few weeks but never played, probably the same again - even worse, never got near the 1st team again, kind of forgot I ever actually had him so never went on loan, he left on a free for Serie D last Summer

Andrea De Rose - came in on a free in September after 2 seasons and 10 appearances in Serie B with Ancona, already looks good to me and he played a couple of solid matches when Maric was out, will probably get a few more matches next season - good player, is now basically our first choice DL, previously he was the backup but he has overtaken Maric this season and with the latter's expected departure he will remain important, maybe Loeschbor will take his place but he will be there or thereabouts, to be honest though I am on the (probably unsuccessful) lookout for someone better

Leonardo Strukelj - got on a free, we're his first club, looks very promising, got 10 minutes of first team football this season, might get a little bit more next season - another good player, had 2 good loan spells in Serie C2 and was backup this season making a fair few appearances, at the moment it is between him and Sguera for the 2nd DC role next season, unsure yet who will get the gig

Luigi Piccinni - was in non-league last year but my scouts liked him, looks quite good except his mental stats, I'll see how he looks in 12 months time - average player, had one mildly successful loan spell in Serie C2, one cup match for us and was sold for a slightly ridiculous £70k last Summer to Messina (C2) where he played OK but inexplicably they got relegated (they had Martins, our best MC from last year, as well)

Andrea Bolzan - another freebie at his first club, looks as promising as Strukelj, might get rid of an ST to give him and Puccinni a chance at a couple of appearances - good player, made several appearances 2 years ago but with the new strikers he spent most of last year in the U20s, with Carletes departure he will go back to being 4th choice ST, is worth a lot as well so a sell for large profit will hopefully happen at some stage

And here are the 7 £100 per week signings from last Summer plus a useful youth product:

Boubacar Traoré - not really very good at all, has not improved even a little, acceptable as a 3rd choice as long as he never plays, maybe get sold or sent out on loan

Mattia Amaolo - not bad, big brute of player, made one sub appearance, between him and Donati for a backup role next year, the other will got out on loan

Lorenzo Donati - not bad at all, think he is a bit better than Amaolo and has potential to be even better, am torn between keeping him as here as a backup or sending him out on loan to play more matches, has a chance of staying here for a bit

Mattia Picone - has a bit of potential as well, was not that impressed after a couple of months here but he is getting better, useful multi-position player to have around so might keep him here next season as a backup, also might stay here a bit

Giovanni Lemma - not fantastic, thought he had potential when he arrived but has not improved at all, plays all over midfield which gives him an advantage but tempted to chuck him out on loan to see how he plays in Serie C2, probably won't have a career here

Franco Danese - see above, very promising player, already in first team squad

Luca Basile - not bad, but has not really improved and has little chance of playing next season, will keep either him or Pirro (see below) here and send the other out on loan, will probably be sold next Summer

Guiseppe Pirro - one of our own and has quite a bit of potential, in all likelihood it will be Basile out on loan and Pirro kept here in the U20s and as 3rd/4th choice ML, curious to see how he progresses as my coaches think he could be pretty good

HOSPITALET - SEASON 9 - LIGA BBVA - 2018-2019

CE_LHospitalet.png

Pre-Season

After last years success of winning the Euro Cup and finishing as runners-up in both Liga BBVA and the Spanish Cup this season was all about maintaining what i had and improving the squad where necessary. As previously mentioned, we would be constructing a new stadium over the course of the season and would be moving into it in July 2019.

I managed to strengthen most areas of the pitch with the signings of Jose Pablo Gala (6.75m), Victor Klochko (7.5m), Oscar Ustari (3.5m) and Robert Lewandowski (1.6m as an out of contract player in January) who were all quality signings and were excellent performers throughout the season. Other signing included Ralf Noel (4.3m) would become a squad player (mainly due to the lack of quality we seem to be able to attract on the left wing) and Raul Garcia (Free) who despite his quality in central midfield didn't perform and was swiftly sold on in January for 3.1m (tidy profit!).

Many players also left during the summer and in January as i felt they didn't offer the quality I needed any more and these sales netted me 17.5m.

The Season

For the second season in a row we were competing in 3 competitions (plus the European Super Cup) and we did really well in all 3 of them.

Liga BBVA

The league season went miles better than I had even hoped for. I was hoping to challenge for the title and maybe sneak it at the end of the season. As it turned out we dominated the season winning 31 out of 38 games with 5 draws and 2 defeats. We won the league with several games to spare after being top all the way from game 17 till the end and finishing as the team with the most goals scored as well as being 2nd in least goals conceded.

On the player front Daniel was the top league goalscorer with 23 league goals.

Spanish Cup - Fixtures

After finishing the competition as runners-up last year we were hoping for a similar run in the competition this year. With Atletico Madrid losing to Barcelona in the fifth round, Real Madrid losing to Valencia and Barcelona losing to Zaragoza in the Quarter Finals, we had a nice run of games in this competition. It was only in the semi-finals that we encountered one of our main rivals in the form of Valencia who we were able to beat 6-3 on aggregate.

The Spanish Cup Final was initially a tense affair but the game opened up when Zaragoza took the lead in the 53rd minute. We continued to create a look more chances then Zaragoza, especially in clear cut chances, and eventually this paid off as our top goalscorer Daniel was able to equalise in the 58th minute. 4 minutes later our right winger popped up to take us into the lead and grab what would turn out to be the winner.

Our 1st Spanish Cup Win.

Champions Cup

As runners-up in the league last season we entered the champions cup for the first time and were dually place straight into the group stages. As 3rd seeds we were drawn against Arsenal, Porto and Metalist. We did better than i expected as we took a win and a draw against Porto, 2 draws against Arsenal and with the 2 wins against Metalist we finished the group stage on top by goal difference from Arsenal.

The first knockout round drew us against Chelsea which I felt would see the end of the competition for us. However, an excellent 1-0 away win in the first leg gave us confidence of progressing. Winning the home leg 4-1 meant we had a fantastic aggregate win of 5-1.

The Quarter Finals drew us against league rivals Atletico Madrid. We had already played them twice in the league with a 1-0 home win and a fantastic 4-1 away win.

The 1st leg in the champions cup was away at Atletico and it ended in a 1-1 draw which set us up nicely going into the home leg with the away goal.

In the second leg at home we were really poor (team talk maybe?) and deserved to be beaten 1-0 which sent us crashing out of the competition 2-1 on aggregate.

European Super Cup

After winning the Euro Cup last year we got to play in the European Super Cup against Juventus. We didn't play well and were out-played. I suppose in the end I was happy only losing 1-0.

On the management front I was awarded the Spanish Manager of the Year Award.

The Players

Carlos Kameni - GK - Started the season as my number one GK but his performances early on weren't what they had been in previous season - he is also only rated as 2.5 stars now. I therefore decided to use him as my backup keeper and use him rotationally to rest Ustari. Probably based on how good he was last season Carlos picked up 2nd Place in the European GK of the Year.

Oscar Ustari - GK - Initially brought in as a backup to Kameni. He quickly became my number 1 GK and performed throughout the season.

Luca Bianco - DR - My main right back who had a solid if unspectacular season. Despite that there are several big clubs inquiring about a possible transfer.

Marcio - DRC - Was used a a backup at both right back and centre back. His contract is up in the summer and I won't be renewing it.

Ricardo Alonso - DLC - My first choice left back who was also able to fill in at centre back. Another quality season and remains one of my key players. His average ratings show how much of a quality player he is.

Luca Milan - DL - Used as a backup at left back and was a good performer when given the opportunity.

Bobby Evrard - DC - Another quality season from Bobby as he helped us to a solid defensive record.

Victor Klochko - D/MC - Victor was brought in for 7.5m from Genoa. His fantastic performances this season meant he was definitely worth the money I spent on him. He also gave me my first victory over Barcelona as he scored the free-kick that gave us a 1-0 win. He was also named in the Liga BBVA Team of the Year.

Jorge - D/DM/MC - Still developing as a player and i was hoping for a bit more from him this season, maybe a average rating over 7 as he has the quality to achieve this. Despite this he was still able to pick up 3rd place in the Young Player of the Year Award.

Rachid Marchal - D/DM/MC - An excellent season from Rachid as he performed just as well if not better than Jorge.

Jose Pablo Gala - AMRLC - Brought in from Betis for 6.75m, Jose was used mainly in either the AMR or MC positions. Was worth the money I paid and them some as he scored 8 goals and 17 assists in all competitions in an excellent season.

Andrea Guido - AMRC - Another player used in either the AMR or MC positions but mainly in MC. He is only rated as a 2 star player and tends to struggle against the big teams but that didn't stop him scoring 7 goals and getting 15 assists in all competitions weather starting the match or coming on from the bench.

Zoltan Bagi - AMR - Used as either first choice or rotationally, depending on where i was playing Gala at that time, Zoltan still managed to have a good season as evidenced with his 10 goals.

Ralf Noel - AMLC - Used mainly on the left wing and despite his low crossing attribute he had a very good season and contributed with 10 assists.

Mihajlo Zaric - AML - Another player who had a very good season despite only being rated as a 2 star player. His average rating and number of assists say otherwise.

Daniel - ST - Just keeps getting better and better, plus he is still only 20 - can he improve further!! He topped the Liga BBVA Goalscorer chart with 23 goals. He scored a club record 36 goals this season and also contributed with 14 assists. He is also only 2 league goals off Ivan Bolado's club record of 76 league goals. He was also named in the Liga BBVA Team of the Year, for the second year in a row he won the Young Player of the Year Award. He was also given the ward for 2nd Place in the Spanish Player of the Year

Jeroen Gobel - ST - Another good season from Jeroen as he finished with the second highest number of goals with 26 in all competitions. Am worried by his constant poor performances against the bigger teams in the league.

Robert Lewandowski - ST - Robert was signed in September from FC Moscow for 1.6m when his contract ran out in January. He was brought in to provide more depth and quality up front. He certainly provided this with his contribution of 8 goals.

Next Season

With the move to our new stadium now complete we can hope to benefit from a quite considerable jump in revenue from season ticket sales, gate receipts plus the stadium sponsorship deal and the 22m we received in TV money from the Champions Cup!. This should provide for a healthy wage and transfer budget for the upcoming season.

I am obviously hoping to try and repeat what I have achieved this season and hoping to progress further in the Champions Cup.

Hey all, i'm a late starter in this challenge. Just taken over Unión Deportiva Alzira in the Spanish Second Division B3. I will post some screenshots shortly after i learn how to upload them (Never done this before). Ivan Campo has been first signing. Updates to follow....

welcome benroscrow and Almondo - it's never too late to start the best challenge on the forum! ;)

Stella - congrats on the league win.

ghostwriter - unlucky on the play-off defeat. still making good progress though which is good. goold luck next season.

Ohanzee - it was a good result but we've slipped back into bad habits - too many draws and poor defending. We're mid-table about a third of way into season. lots of mutterings about underachievement too. need to turn it round quick.

Ohanzee - Yeah he does look like a good replacement, but he was a short time filler until I can find my long term replacement. As for the money it was all upfront 8.75m, but I had to send 20% of the profit to South Africa, I bought him for 40k, so they got 20% of the 8.71m profit...

So close ghostwriter. Good progress. Next season for sure! :thup: Nice to see some youth products actually become useful to.

Congrats on the league win StellaF1. An amazing record you got to. Great run in the Champions League to. Looks like you should be on route to finish this soon. :thup:

Albion Rovers pre-season 2017/18

A few things happened this pre-season. First thing was Celtic approaching me to offer me a job. I of course rejected them. Why would I want to manage such a small club. :p

My board then decided to give me the great news that they are once again expanding the stadium. With 185 seats. I was so happy I celebrated with a Coke and some donuts. At this rate our stadium will have all seats in 4-5 years and then we might actually get a real expansion. Good times. :rolleyes:

After the season update I decided it was time for some new blood in my back room staff, so I sacked our long serving assistant manager in a mutual agreement. In came Celtics youth coach John Park instead. It cost us £350k, but I feel we have a very qualified man here.

Oh, and then one of last years first choice strikers Will Reid decided we're not a big enough club for him. I tried telling him we're gonna become a big club, but he'd have none of it. So now he's transfer listed by request. Funny thing though, no one is interested in signing him. Guess he'll see how big his head is eventually.

But lets get to the real interesting part, the transfers.

As you can see we sold Ludek Pavlov and Luca Borrelli for pretty decent money. Both have been good servants, but not set the world on fire. And neither have improved much in their time at the club. I'm happy with the fees we got for them. You can also see that I let a few fringe players go for less money. A couple had contracts running out, the others just wheren't needed any more.

Here's the new blood:

• Allan Henderson (free) is a Scottish striker. He was released by Falkirk and will at best be a rotation player this year. He's also under 21 though, which is important since we need to have 3 of those in our starting eleven in the league.
  • Francesco Palombi (free) is a Italian midfielder. I made this deal before the season ended as his contract was running out. We had some competition so I'm pleased he came to us. He'll likely be a important player already.
  • Petr Dohnal (£65k) is a Czech Republic right back. His contract was also running out, but we had to pay a small fee. I was gonna let him settle in this season with Huttons contract running out after it, but he's already started two games and might play more than I had planned.
  • Jaime Lago (£600k) is a Spanish defensive midfielder. He was transfer listed and reccommended by the scouts. Another one for the under 21 rule as well.
  • Miguel Linares (£675k) is a Spanish striker. Exactly the same deal as with Lago.
  • Jay Emmanuel-Thomas (free) is a English defender/midfielder. He's a Arsenal product, but have been in France with Bordeaux for a few years. Should be a important player already and he can play DL/DC/DMC/MC which is great.
  • Valdson (£1.8M) is a Brazilian striker. He was our most expensive signing, and I'm already regretting it. He's unhappy cause I brought in one more striker after he came and requested a transfer already cause I told him I'm the boss. Hopefully he'll turn around, cause he's very promising and also under 21.
  • Francisco Goncalves (free) is a Portuguese attacker. Released by Porto he is now a hot prospect in the Albion Rovers reserve team. I like this guy, he could become a first teamer eventually.
  • Angel Boyero (£875k) is a Spanish striker. This is the guy Valdson was worried about stealing his place. And I guess he may be on to something. Boyero could be our best signing this window. George Hagi, the Steua favorite, was mad at them for letting me buy him so cheap.
  • Paul Cunningham (free) is a English attacking midfielder. Released by Aston Villa and may play some part already.

So, lots of new blood there, but not that many will go right into the first team. I'm very happy with our squad though. Lots of under 21 players to rotate in the league, and some quality to hopefully do a good job in Europe.

Speaking of Europe. It turns out Scotland is now good enough to not need qualification to the Champions League. We where entered straight into the group stages and got a £6,000,000 reward before playing a game. And I think we got a pretty lucky draw. Fiorentina (ITA) being the big team. Then Galatasaray (TUR) and Austria Wien (AUS). Now Galatasaray have some great players, including an amazing regen forward, but we actually beat them 1-0 in a friendly before the season. I know it's just a friendly, but it was a even game so who knows. Austria Wien have bene competing with us on a few transfers and they've won most of the time. But I still hope we can give them a fight and my goal is to finish 3rd in the group.

Oh, and one last thing about Europe. We are now #69 on the Club Coefficient ranking. Rangers and Celtic still a good way a head of us, but we're catching up.

Well a quick update on my league progress after 9 games, we had not won away at all in our first 3 away games losing to Trofense, Rio Ave & Braga, then we travelled to Porto and I was expecting another loss, but somehow the boys just put it all together and we ran out 6:1 victors. Surprisingly even with the bad run away, we have 5 wins from 5 at home, including 2:0 over Sporting, 2:0 over Benfica, 5:1 over Fierense (Last years surprise), 3:0 over Academica and 2:0 over Maritimo. And we currently sit in 2nd behind Braga, with Porto in 4th, Benfica in 6th & Sporting in 10th.

This year the goals seem to be slightly more easy to come by as Zeric has 10 goals in 15, Mateus 7 in 11(2), Vazquez 6 in 15, & Graziani has 5 in 12. Pretty happy with those guys.

That was some result away at Porto!! looks like you have the match of everyone now - you just need to get a good run going.

i hate the transfer windows. i seem to spend every day rejecting offers and fighting speculation...... :(

Yeah I was delighted that I could beat all three of them at the start of the season, but really getting a good run is just neigh on impossible. My players all look great, but between injuries, people wanting my players all season long, I just keep falling down again.

As for the biggest grrr I have right now...Santos requests wanting to leave, so before he requests a transfer I list him, and 9 players decide I treated him unfairly...WTF!? he wanted to LEAVE and this cycle then ruins my morale...

The huge wage budget made it slightly tempting, but I am hoping to win the title this season, they can rot below me...Hopefully my scoring can continue and I can keep the defense at home and be able to do what is needed here. Santos wants to leave now, but I am hoping to keep him as alongside Vazquez & Cordeiro they are running the midfield...

in a deeply upsetting day for Venezia fans club favourite (and mine) Koke has left for Inter Milan for £7.5 million, thanks to my stupid chairman..... :( six days to find a new player.....

Awww thats just crap, I hate losing a star, and its even worse when he goes to a rival, is there any chance of finding an ample replacement?

Don't you have a couple of targets at each position lined up at different cost levels? :)

s for the biggest grrr I have right now...Santos requests wanting to leave, so before he requests a transfer I list him, and 9 players decide I treated him unfairly...WTF!? he wanted to LEAVE and this cycle then ruins my morale...
Santos wants to leave now, but I am hoping to keep him as alongside Vazquez & Cordeiro they are running the midfield...

And the deal is completed, it may have taken signing him to 9.25k p/w but Santos has agreed to stay til June 2027, this is a huge coup. And alongside my other stars all signed til 2026 or later we are slowly constructing the right look squad.

Awww thats just crap, I hate losing a star, and its even worse when he goes to a rival, is there any chance of finding an ample replacement?

Don't you have a couple of targets at each position lined up at different cost levels? :)

well i'd already signed a Greek international on a short term contract, but i have also signed a really promising Hungarian midfielder now. unfortunately he can't play this season as he's already played for 2 clubs... :rolleyes: Also got a couple of other deals lined up before deadline day so should be ok. gutted to lose him as i really liked him. I'll definately keep my eye on him in hope of bringing him back one day....

Lusitano de Evora

Mid Season Report

2023/24

The League

A great season, we have turned Campo Estrela into a fortress, with an average of 8846 fans coming to see us play every week, we have definitely given them a show in our 8 games so far, with 8 victories 20 goals for and only 2 against. We are not doing as well away from home, but at the halfway point sit at the top.

League Table

Europe Group

The Squad & Stats

You can see from my squad that they are still reasonably young, they are now more spread although with the huge number of Spanish stars you would think I was playing in Spain. Also Benfica sacked their Manager after a terrible start, they were 12th at the time, and have recovered to 8th, at the time they offered me the contract with a huge set of budgets, I had to decline.

The Results

Every single season there is that result that makes or breaks the team, this year we have had a few, so here is my top 7 in order:

7. vs Sporting 2:0

6. vs Feirense 5:1

5. at Man City 2:2

4. at Buducnost 3:2 - My 500th Game

3. vs Benfica 2:0

2. vs Panathinaikos 2:1

1. at Porto 6:1

The Signings

I also signed a few midfielders to try and make a difference, we were lacking in true Midfielders and had some forwards playing back there heading towards January, so I signed one star, one back-up and also another star who will come in July.

Yasin Erdem - The new star, he will join Santos & Vazquez in my midfield

Ventsislav Ivanov - The back-up, he was signed as a back-up and thats how I will use him, I needed another bench player.

Fatih Erol - The signing of another Turk to join Yildiz can not surprise anyone given what he has shown the club. Erol looks like a likely superstar, though he will get some early ficus on building his physical attributes, but he is technically and mentally exactly what I want.

The question has to be..."What do you say to a team that's up 4:0 at halftime away to Sporting?"

Answer: Whatever you like, no team can lose from there...

I gave a mixture of No Pressure & Pleased, we ended up keeping them out even though they dominated the second half and won 4:0 to have beaten Sporting home and away aggregate of 6:0, admittedly in this one they did have a red card given after 8 mins, a penalty from the same incident putting me up 2:0.

Well I have to make another post for this, former fan favourite Jose Manuel is now playing for Beira Mar, but he made the unusual case of scoring a goal for his former club. He scored the opening goal in our defeat of Beira Mar in the Liga Sagres, we went on to win 5:0, but his Own goal set us off...

Hello all, I've just got Football Manager 10 and i fancied a challenge so I'm gonna start this. Screenshots to follow shortly.

Welcome to the challenge. Look forward to seeing where you've chosen to manage.

I managed to get another season finished with Fafe last night. Season report to follow when I get some time.

Welcome to the challenge. Look forward to seeing where you've chosen to manage.

Well i have chosen to manage in the dutch legue, i hope their are now no problems with the relegation system as in previous installments, anyways my intial report will be posted in a while.

Des - you big tease!! i'm expecting a first league title.... looking forward to it. Benfica situation makes it all the better!!

Razor Blade - welcome to the challenge. look forward to seeing how you get on.

Razer - looking forward to the season review

Great to see Santos will be staying so long LRR, and it looks like where on to a great season. Looking forward to that review.

Good luck in Holland RaZoR bLaDe.

I'm done with another season as well. Will type up something soon.

Albion Rovers 2017/2018

2nd in Clydesdale Bank Premier League (pred: 3rd) | Transfers | Finances | Graph

The League

We didn't follow up last years amazing run, and it was thanks to a really bad start to the season. As you may know in Scotland each team play each other 3 times (11x3) before the top and bottom split and play each other in the final 5 games. Well in the first 11 games this year we got a 5-2-4 record. This game against St. Johnstone shows the typical game. We where all over them and lost 1-0. I was so furious with my attackers, I gave Martin Necas a 2 week fine for poor performances. He called it unfair treatment, but no one took his side, and a couple of weeks later he apologized.

After this bad start to the season I decided to do a minor change to my formation. I moved my attacking midfielder up to the striker position so we where playing with 3 strikers and a defensive triangle in midfield. This helped as we went on a 16 game unbeaten run (although there was a few draws). When the league split we where top of the table 1 point clear of Rangers. Sadly we slipped up and won just two of those 5 games while drawing the rest. Rangers went on to win 4 of theirs and drawing against us. So Rangers is the champion, but we gave them a good fight after the horrible start.

The Cups

The Scottish Cup I don't wanna talk about. The League Cup we hammered through to the final, but lost in extra time after getting a man sent off. Dundee Utd got a penalty and my attempt to go all out attack with 10 men failed as they scored a 4th.

The European Cups

As mentioned we where drawn straight into the Champion Cup group stages this year where Fiorentina, Galatasaray and Austria Wien where our opposition.

[b][color="Blue"]Champions Cup Grp G ([url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Albion/s8clgroup.jpg"]table[/url])[/color][/b]

Fiorentina	A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Albion/s8clg1.jpg"]0-1[/url]	Morrison missed pen.
Galatasaray	H	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Albion/s8clg2.jpg"]2-3[/url]	Spiridon, Miquel
Austria Wien	A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Albion/s8clg3.jpg"]0-0[/url]	
Austria Wien	H	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Albion/s8clg4.jpg"]3-2[/url]	Boyero, Spiridon x2
Fiorentina	H	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Albion/s8clg5.jpg"]1-2[/url]	Miquel .. Boyero missed pen.
Galatasaray	A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Albion/s8clg6.jpg"]3-3[/url]	Boyero x2, Necas

Really disappointed with our performances here. I think our poor form in the league really followed us into this competition. With some luck (or better finishing) we could have gotten more points in the first 3 games. In the end I was pleased that we managed the 3rd place in the group.

[b][color="#0000ff"]EURO Cup 1st Knockout Round[/color][/b]

FC Porto	H	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Albion/s8ecko11.jpg"]5-1[/url]	Miquel x2, Boyero x2, Necas
FC Porto	A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Albion/s8ecko12.jpg"]2-3[/url]	Thorpe, de Jong

This was our first shock result of the season. The home game against Porto was the kind of game where everything just goes in. 5 goals in 4 clear cut chances, and frankly we deserved it to as Porto didn't create much at all. The away game was a thriller though as after 61' minutes Porto went 3-0 up on a penalty. I thought for sure we'd go on and lose it then. But our two center backs decided to make up for their mistakes in defense by joining our attack. First Tom Thorpe scored on a corner kick from a near post header. Then Maikel de Jong hammered one in on the back post after a free-kick. Porto sure deserved more from this game, but this time we where the lucky ones.

[b][color="#0000ff"]EURO Cup 2nd Knockout Round[/color][/b]

Inter Milan	A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Albion/s8ecko21.jpg"]4-1[/url]	Spiridon, de Jong, Necas, Subotic (OG)
Inter Milan	H	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Albion/s8ecko22.jpg"]1-0[/url]	Reid

If I thought the result against Porto was a shocker, I was in for a surprise here. I didn't think we'd stand a chance against a Inter side with star players like Steven Defour, Gael Kakuta, and Yoan Gourcuff amongst others. But it turned out to be another one of those games. We scored on everything. After 57 minutes we where 4-0 up at the Giuseppe Meazza and I was in shock. Gourcuff pulled one back 2 minutes later, but that was all they got. We really didn't deserve to win 4-1, but sometimes it just clicks. I was worried the home match would be a real hammering since they had to go all out attack, but in the end it was another even match and it could have gone either way.

[b][color="#0000ff"]EURO Cup Quarter Final[/color][/b]

AEK Athens	A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Albion/s8ecqtr1.jpg"]2-2[/url]	Garcia, Valdson
AEK Athens	H	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Albion/s8ecqtr2.jpg"]4-1[/url]	Necas x2, Miquel, Spiridon

The away match against AEK took my completely by surprise as it was played the day after our league match against Falkirk. Our entire first team was below 90% condition, so I had no choice but to play a very weakened side. With Jay Spearing as a central defender I was afraid this might go really bad, but they managed a draw with 2 away goals and I was really happy. In the home match I could field a full strength team again and we hammered them. Even though they had their fair amount of shots, we had the bigger chances and it was well deserved.

[b][color="#0000ff"]EURO Cup Semi Final[/color][/b]

Shaktar		A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Albion/s8ecsemi1.jpg"]0-1[/url]	
Shaktar		H	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Albion/s8ecsemi2.jpg"]2-0[/url]	Spiridon, May (OG)

This turned out to be our toughest task so far. After the away match I was really worried, not only did we lose, we deserved to lose. We didn't create anything. The home game was a little better, but at 1-0 I was really worried. Then after 64 minutes we got some help from a Scottish player who didn't play for us. Lain May scored an own goal making it 2-0 and even though Shaktar had their chances we held on and where in the final of the EURO Cup.

[b][color="#0000ff"]EURO Cup Final[/color][/b]

Bor. Dortmund	N	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Albion/s8ecfinal.jpg"]2-1[/url]	Boyero, Henderson

When Angel Boyero scored after just 9 minutes on the first real chance of the game I was really excited. Then Dortmunds star midfielder Nuri Sahin decided to make it even better for us as he picked up his second yellow card after just 19 minutes. Allan Henderson then made it 2-0 before half-time and we where really in control. Lucas barrios equalized after 66 minutes, and Dortmund had a couple of really big chances to make it a tie. But we held on and Albion Rovers are the new EURO Cup Champions!!

The Players (stats | sorted by av rat.)

I'm still struggling to understand why, but Maikel de Jong once again is our best performing player. If I could find out why I'd try to sign another center back like him. He's tall and brave and has "stays back at all times" as his preferred move. That's all his special qualities. His crap at tackling and marking. I really don't get it. But looking at some matches he's got lots of key headers every game (even though his heading attribute is also crap). So I guess that's really important in the way we play. I might consider looking for another huge defender like him and see how it would work out with two of them.

Of the new guys Palombi was amazing. 25 assists from his midfield position. Jay Emmanuel-Thomas also had a superb first season. He's another tall player actually, and he did play a few games as a central defender, but his best position is no doubt the defensive midield one. Angel Boyero also did his job with 23 goals in his first season. Our top goalscorer of the season was Paul Spiridon, but Necas and Boyero was really close. That's the 3 players that played up front most of the season to.

Our most valuable player though is Miquel. His value is now £4.7M, but no one is interested in him, which is a bit strange as he's really good. This season he wasn't amazing, but I put that down to him playing MC instead of AMC since I changed formation. He do want a new contract, but he's asking for £22k a week, and at the moment I can only offer £19k. And our best payed player is Boyero at £10.5k so if I offer £19k to someone the others might want similar deals. I might have to though if I wanna keep our best players.

The Finances

Looking at the finances I guess giving some players max wages might not be a problem at all. Our participation in the Champions Cup this season gave us an amazing profit of £17M. £14M was from price money, so there's no question about how important the Champions Cup is. We also got £7M in TV Revenue from the competition. Our average attendance went up slightly to 6581.

The Scottish Teams in Europe

With Scotland actually getting closer to 3 spots in the Champions Cup, the performance in Europe is really important now. Starting with Celtic, they did better than us in the Champions Cup as they got through the group stages a head of Panathinaikos and Le Mans, but behind Barcelona. They had no chance in the 1st KO round though as Chelsea beat them 5-1 on agg. Sadly that's it for Scotland this year as Rangers and Motherwell didn't even make the EURO Cup group stages and Hearts finished dead last in their group. Hopefully our performance is enough to give us a little boost.

The Future

With £33M in the bank I hope our board will soon realize that we might wanna invest some of it. They refuse to upgrade our youth facilities which are average, and thought I was daft for asking to upgrade the training facilities, but agreed to do it anyways. I'm growing tired of these morons. They also agreed to upgrade the stadium again, but I'm sure that just means another 185 seats. So with a board of monkeys, I guess I might as well invest some of the money into players myself. We haven't really spent big on any players yet, so maybe it's time.

I've already secured two new players. Juan from Espanyol will join after his contract runs out. He had offers from big teams like Manchester United, but decided to join us. That's got to mean something. Danny Dillon is the other one. He's a striker we're stealing from Rangers. Scottish and promising, but we'll have to compensate Rangers with £2.1M for him.

[b][u][color="Blue"]CLUB HISTORY[/color][/u][/b]

[b]SEASON	LEAGUE	POS.	S-CUP		L-CUP		EUROPE		NOTES[/b]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]10/11[/b]	3D	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Albion/s1tab.jpg"]1st[/url]	4th Round	1st Round	-		Promoted
[b]11/12[/b]	2D	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Albion/s2tab.jpg"]3rd[/url]	4th Round	1st Round	-		Promoted through playoff
[b]12/13[/b]	1D	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Albion/s3tab.jpg"]3rd[/url]	Qtr Final	2nd Round	-		Won Challenge Cup
[b]13/14[/b]	1D	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Albion/s4tab.jpg"]1st[/url]	Qtr Final	3rd Round	-		Promoted
[b]14/15[/b]	PREM	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Albion/s5tab.jpg"]3rd[/url]	Semi Final	3rd Round	-		Qualified for Europe
[b]15/16[/b]	PREM	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Albion/s6tab.jpg"]3rd[/url]	Final		WINNER		EC 1st KO Rnd	...
[b]16/17[/b]	PREM	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Albion/s7tab.jpg"]1st[/url]	Qtr Final	5th Round	EC 2nd KO Rnd	Champions!
[b]17/18[/b]	PREM	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Albion/s8tab.jpg"]2nd[/url]	5th Round	Final		EC WINNER	Won EURO Cup!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[b][u][color="Blue"]TROPHY CABINET[/color][/u][/b]

[b]Scottish Premier League[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Albion/s7tab.jpg"]16/17[/url]
[b]Scottish First Division[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Albion/s4tab.jpg"]13/14[/url]
[b]Scottish Third Division[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Albion/s1tab.jpg"]10/11[/url]

[b]EURO Cup[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Albion/s8ecfix.jpg"]17/18[/url]
[b]League Cup[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Albion/s6lcfix.jpg"]15/16[/url]
[b]Challenge Cup[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Albion/s3chalcup.jpg"]12/13[/url]

So close ghostwriter. Good progress. Next season for sure! :thup: Nice to see some youth products actually become useful to.

Thanks. to be fair, they are not really my youth products, but useful they definitely are. 2 did join when they were 16 and we are their first club but the rest were picked up a couple of months after being released from Serie A / B clubs when no-one else had shown any interest and my assistant or scouts had finally found them. Given the wage restrictions I would be nowhere without them. In an ideal world very few would be in the 1st team but having them around and continually improving is definitely helping the team with consistancy and general happiness. Thanks to them we have the youngest squad in the division and if the wage restrictions continue then it will probably get even younger. Already one match this season our bench has consisted solely of £100 p/w players from the last couple of seasons.

A few other points:

1) A question for those who have played in Italy: is a £12k per week wage budget in Serie C1 any way reasonable? Mine was £19k 3 years ago after promotion but has since been reduced every Summer since (whilst more or less every player has a 10% annual wage increase clause). For some reason the board gave me a transfer budget (totally useless) which I exchanged for £750 more wages per week. I was not allowed to offer anyone except key player (£375) anything more than £100 p/w until I was £500 below the budget and getting the wages that low took a lot of work and me putting a lot of faith in the aforementioned youngsters. The board keep on injecting money every couple of months so it is mighty infuriating that they won't let me offer more money to lure better players

2) The weather on the east coast of Italy is bizarre: last September it was 0°C with a frost-covered pitch and an orange ball, this September, 32°C beautiful sunshine

3) We produced our first cup shock as we beat Serie B Atalanta after extra time and then held Serie B Salernitana goalless until the 115th minute before bowing out

4) As predicted this new stadium currently seems a little pointless, over 11000 capacity but in the 6 home matches so far it has not been more than 40% full. It will pay off in a couple of years when (hopefully) we are more successful but the stadium is the sole reason we have these wage issues so I would have appreciated waiting a couple of years before it was built.

Thanks rlipscombe. We barely made it to the group stages, but we'll see how it goes from there.

Albion Rovers pre-season 2018/2019

First of all. My board did not disappoint me as they announced the new stadium expansion plans. :rolleyes: At least we're now at full seats, so they'll have to actually expand next time.

It turned out to be a busy transfer window as we saw big changes in our defense. Lescott and Hutton where let go as their contracts ran out. I then tried my luck with offering several players out for double their value without transfer listing them. We got several offers and Benfica for some reason seemed very keen on our defenders. They signed Thorpe, Dohnal and Draper. I wasn't sure I wanted to sell Thorpe, but I think it's a good deal. He's been a good performer over his 7 seasons at the club and holds the record for league appearances at 174. But he's not improved at all the last few seasons and I think it's time we gave someone else a chance.

The last big transfer out was Balazs Nagy. I wanted to sell both our goalkeepers cause none of them have been consistent enough, but only Nagy got any offers. Napoli bought him for £1.6M which my fans felt was a disgrace as they thought he was a real talent. Oh well, they shut their mouths a week later when we made the catch of the century to replace him.

With as many as 5 defenders leaving we had some job to do obviously. Here's the new guys.

• Danny Dillon (£2.1M) - Already mentioned this guy.
  • Juan (free) - Already mentioned to.
  • Paulinho (£1.8M) - 18 year old Brazilian central defender. He's tall like de Jong and quick off the mark. Hopefully he'll be a good replacement for Thorpe. He already looks better in my opinion.
  • Luis Alberto Sanchez (£700k) - 24 year old Portuguese rightback transfer listed by Sporting. Having trouble settling in the area already, but that usually goes away after a season. He won't be first choice though.
  • Tumelo Salie (£3.4M) - 19 year old South African rightback. Our biggest signing. He's been with Loko (Sofia) in Bulgaria a season after they picked him up from Kaizer Chiefs. Look at his stats for Loko. Amazing. I have high hopes for this guy.
  • Matej Delac (free) - 26 year old goalkeeper. This is what I mean about signing of the century. Crotias first choice goalkeeper. He was released by Napoli, who bought Nagy from us. He wanted £42k a week, but I decided to just try and offer him what I could (£28k) anyways. And I was shocked when I saw him accept. 5 year contract as well. Brilliant!
  • Ivanio (£1.8M) - 18 year old Brazilian attacking midfielder. I've been following him for a season (since you can't sign u18 players from Brazil), and his technical attributes are sick for his age in my opinion. Needs some physical training. Probably not a first choice yet, but if he settles in he could be amazing.
  • Scott Smith (£600k) - 22 year old English defender. A bit of a last resort as I couldn't find any other defender to be a rotation or backup player. Bonus that we stole him from Hearts to.
  • Henrico Pankert (£600k) - 25 year old Belgian leftback. He wasn't my first choice, not even second. But the two others didn't get their work permits even after trying 4 times, so in the end I just decided to go for this guy. We really need the cover on this position and he is quite good after all.

You would think that winning the EURO Cup meant you might get a easy way into the Champions Cup, but no such luck. We drew Ajax of Holland in the first qualifying round. It was a tough test but we managed a 1-1 draw away with their goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg picking up the MoM award. In the home game it was the other way around as Matej Delac showed the fans why I decided to give him record wages. 2-0 win and we where through on a 3-1 agg.

I thought that was it to be honest, but it turned out we had to go through one more qualifying round. And we weren't seeded this time either. Teams like Liverpool, Roma and Porto where in the pot. We drew Sevilla of Spain. I honestly didn't think we'd stand a chance, but I was wrong. In the home match Delac all of a sudden played horrible and let in 2 very cheap goals. Lucky for us our strikers where on fire and Boyero and Dillon scored 3 to make it 3-2 before the away game. I was sure Sevilla would walk all over us, but it never happened. It was a tight match where we had the biggest chances and took 1 of them. We even missed a penalty. Amazing result against a top class team!

We where handed a rather tough group though with Liverpool, Porto and FC Copenhagen.

We also played the European Super Cup, where last years Champions Cup winners Real Madrid where the opponent. I was expecting a real hammering, but we stood firm and actually pulled a late goal back to make it 1-1 and extra time. Sadly Miquel picked up a second yellow and with 10 men we eventually couldn't withstand the pressure as Karim Benzema hit the winner after 108 minutes. Great performance though.

Rangers have won their 3 first league games, we've only had time to play one so far. Gonna be another tough fight against them I guess.

Des Tiny's

Lusitano de Evora

lusitano_de_evora_home.png

End of Season

2023/24 Liga Sagres

Singing Queen

"Benfica Bites the Dust & We are the Champions"

The Current Season

The Quick Reference

Predicted: 5th

Actual: 1st - CHAMPIONS!!!

Portuguese Cup: 4th Round at Benfica 1:2

League Cup: Round 3 - 2nd in Group C

Euro Cup: 3rd in Group A

Euro Rank: 81st (^23) [6th Por]

Finances: 14.5M (4th Por)

Season Tickets: 1224 (^335)

The Squad: All Players

Transfers: 2023/24

The Manager: Des Tiny - History

The Season in General

Well we deliberately only made a few signings here, and sold a few big names to get some money in, we made a huge profit this season, mainly cause of the sale of Tsotetsi. But this alone helped us get to the top as our team was solid and we were good across the park. With a Champion Team, rather than a team of Champions we proved that Superstars are not everything.

Signing of the Season: Graziani (free)

The League

What a season, I really can't say much, but when we defeated Benfica, Sporting & Porto in our first three meetings I knew there was something going on here, so I just kept the faith with the players we had going and it worked, and worked. A huge victory, and Benfica out of the top half was even bigger. A stunning moment was Jose Manuel (Beira Mar) & Former Evora Legend opened the scoring as we defeated Beira Mar 5:0

Champions League Qualification

Board Delighted, Ass Man: Wagner Pleased, The fans nurse hangovers, but worship Des Tiny. I am a Mastermind.

Player Stats

Team Stats

The Cups

To me we had a very poor season in the Cups, 4th Round of the Portuguese Cup & 3rd Round of the Round of the League Cup, enough said.

LC Stats

PC Stats

Europe

Our third trip to Europe was a little better as we made the Group Stage, but then managed to lose it from there, though I was impressed with the results against Man City & Panthiniakos.

Vs the Top 3

We had our best season against this top three ever, I was absolutely delighted with the results, no more could be asked of the boys. After Benfica's poor run, the media actually loved me before a game.

top3zc.jpg

at Porto 6:1

vs Sporting 2:0

at Sporting 4:0

vs Porto 0:0

vs Benfica 2:0, 3:1

at Benfica 1:1, 1:2

The Club's History

League Records

|----------|----------|-----------|----------|--------------|
|  Season  |  League  | Final Pos | Playoffs | Achievements |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4647693&postcount=2810"]2010/11[/url] |   2DS    |    [url="http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/1156/portugueseseconddivisio.png"]6th[/url]    |          |     None     |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4669085&postcount=2856"]2011/12[/url] |   2DS    |    [url="http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1156/portugueseseconddivisio.png"]1st[/url]    |    [url="http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1156/portugueseseconddivisio.png"]2nd[/url]   |   Promoted   |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4687627&postcount=2883"]2012/13[/url] |    LV    |    [url="http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1156/portugueseseconddivisio.png"]8th[/url]    |    N/A   |     None     |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4693906&postcount=2918"]2013/14[/url] |    LV    |    [url="http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/8594/ligavitalis.png"]3rd[/url]    |    N/A   |     None     |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4735466&postcount=3041"]2014/15[/url] |    LV    |    [url="http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6752/ligavitalis14.png"]3rd[/url]    |    N/A   |     None     |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4897020&postcount=3290"]2015/16[/url] |    LV    |    [url="http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/3581/ligavitalis9.png"]4th[/url]    |    N/A   |     None     |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4901543&postcount=3295"]2016/17[/url] |    LV    |    [url="http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/4115/ligavitalis6.png"]3rd[/url]    |    N/A   |     None     |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4911039&postcount=3311"]2017/18[/url] |    LV    |    [url="http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/8971/ligavitalis10.png"]1st[/url]    |    N/A   |   Promoted   |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4918967&postcount=3319"]2018/19[/url] |    LS    |   [url="http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6383/ligasagres2.png"]10th[/url]    |    N/A   |     None     |
|  2019/20 |    LS    |    [url="http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/9412/ligasagres5.png"]5th[/url]    |    N/A   | Qualified EC |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=5024185&postcount=3430"]2020/21[/url] |    LS    |    [url="http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/7430/ligasagres7.png"]9th[/url]    |    N/A   |     None     |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=5045935&postcount=3472"]2021/22[/url] |    LS    |    [url="http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/9634/ligasagres4.png"]5th[/url]    |    N/A   |  Won Lg Cup  | Qualified EC
|  2022/23 |    LS    |    [url="http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/7339/ligasagres9.png"]3rd[/url]    |    N/A   | Qualified EC |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=5086438&postcount=3543"]2023/24[/url] |    LS    |    [url="http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/7430/ligasagres7.png"]1st[/url]    |    N/A   |  Won League  | Qualified CL

Club Records & Competition History

All Records:

Highest League Pos: 1st

Average Attendance: 7800

Highest Transfer Fee: 8.75m (Tsotetsi).

Competition History:

Liga Sagres - Winners 2024, 3rd 2023

League Cup - Winners 2022

Liga Vitalis - Winners 2018, 3rd 2014,2015,2017

2nd Division South - Winners 2012

Reserves:

Group 3 - 3rd 2017

Group 2 - 2nd 2019

U19s:

Group 4 - 2nd 2024

U19s Cup - Winners 2023, 2nd 2018

The Players

The Squad

Current Teams Stats

Goalkeepers

33. Oscar Carrera - Oh I cannot say anything more than I already have, a conceded goal ratio of 1GPG, a great number of clean sheets, always there when it matters. And he is fit every moment, according to scouts he is about the 4th or 5th best goalie in the league. In my books there is no one else.

Defense

3. Pablo Roman - The best back-up in the world, he is a world class defender, but he just cannot break into the side here.

4. Francisco Javier Sanchez - He is now our captain, he scored 9 goals, and got 8 Man of the Match awards. There is only one player who has made the clubs favoured personnal list and now he has moved all the way to Legend status. If I can't make it at least I have managed to get my club captain onto the list, and I would love to have a Sanchez Stadium, or Campo Sanchez, maybe Estadio Sanchez.

36. Ferhat Yildiz - A Wonderkid with a huge future, a little worried about the time he had out with injuries, but he still looks like one of the best players in our entire squad.

5. Adolfo Silveira Reis - A very solid season here, this guy doesn't look the goods on paper, but he is without a doubt a very good central defender when he gets out on the park. I will continue to pick him over Roman.

63. Peter Kalu - 36 games for 15 assists, we clearly have a superstar here as well, actually was more than a good replacement for Addo. Kalu & Yildiz together look like machines. Our defense has gone from good to great with these additions.

80. Alejandro Etxeberria - With a huge injury to Yildiz, he played just as many games as the wonderkid. I was very happy with the way he played, he was not amazing, but he was very deserving of his Liga Sagres winners Medal.

2. Peter Cooper - The young American has 39 youth caps, but has played a fair few less games for us. He is going to continue to be our back-up, I had him through a few times over the last few seasons, but he is never going to match Kalu.

Midfield

26. Ernesto Vazquez - 14 goals, 11 assists and he only missed one game all season, he is the best midfielder in the team, I cannot ask for more, the playmaker for our squad is really doing the business all over the park.

16. Gabriel Bazan - According to my scouts and Ass Man he should've been the next best thing, but he never performed and Cordeiro just blasted past him as did Erdem.

13. Andre Santos - Double figures in assists and 4 goals for himself as well, a great effort from the star of our midfield. The loss of Cabezas has not affected us as Santos has just solidly taken his place.

24. Sergio Torres - The Super-sub continues in this position, he is never really great.

42. Paulo Cordeiro - Well he actually managed to step into the starting line-up this season and will probably continue there in the new year. He is younger than Erdem and looks better out on the park as well. Double figures in Assists is a great sign as well.

19. Yasin Erdem - Now this guy is the business, added as our 4th top Midfielder, he is likely to overtake Cordeiro and line up alongside Vazquez & Santos next year, he didn't show too much, but I know the class is there.

20. Ventsislav Ivanov - Really he was only ever signed as cover, and thats the job he covered. The direct replacement for Martinelli.

Strikers

10. Wilson Mateus - With 14 goals in the season he looked pretty good, but he did have a bit of a drought in the middle of the season, I do still like him and he will keep his spot, a very deserving effort.

44. Johnny Myklebust - He only got 7 goals, but 11 assists alongside managed to put him into the best XI for the season. I have to say the Norwegian looks pretty good to me, and will continue to be a presence in the side.

1. Haris Zeric - Now Zeric was a complete surprise this season, he had only been a reserve over the previous season for our club, but this year he got an opportunity early on in the season and this led to some great goals. He scored 24 of them through 42 games and I was delighted to see someone going so well, he will continue at the club.

53. Santtu Haataja - He played 19 times off the bench, but only managed 1 goal, I was very disappointed with his position in the team, he is one player likely to leave over summer if I can get a suitable replacement.

11. Erik Graziani - The signing of the season was one of four strikers in a rotation policy at the squad, and his 13 goals really made my day as he was signed as a back-up really.

The Best of the Best

topplayh.jpg

The 100 Club

100club.jpg

Gabriele Federici 203, Francisco Javier Sanchez 199*, Oier Torres 198, Matteo Jehl 194, Hector Cruz 182, Jose Manuel 179, Benjamin Addo 172, Carlos Perez Rojo 170, Ernesto Vazquez 156*, Diego Galiano 151, Sebastian Visentin 147, Raphael Lopes 146, Abraham 146, Pablo Cabezas 141, Oscar Carrera 136*, Alberto Gonzalez 136, Guilherme Afonso 132, Sergio Torres 124*, Andre Santos 119*, Paulo Cordeiro 118*, Theo Tsotetsi 117, Jose Maria 113, Carsten Littman 107, Wilson Mateus 104*, Ander Suarez Rodriguez 100.

The Awards

Liga Sagres

Manager of the Year: Des Tiny.

Best Goalkeeper: Carrera.

Young PotY: Myklebust.

Fullback of the Year: Kalu 2nd.

Central Defender of the Year: Javier II 2nd.

Forward of the Year: Zeric 3rd.

Team of the Year: Carrera, Javier II, Kalu, Santos, Vazquez.

Golden Boot: Zeric 2nd (17).

Most Assists: Santos 1st (10), Vazquez 3rd (9).

Goal of the Year: Santos. I'll try to get a clip of it

Player of the Month - Sep: Mateus 3rd, Jan: Vazquez 2nd, Feb: Santos, Apr: Javier II.

Goal of the Month - Sep: Graziani 4th, Nov: Graziani 3rd, Dec: Vazquez 1st, Feb: Santos 1st.

Manager of the Month - Sep: 3rd, Jan: 1st, Mar: 1st, Apr: 1st, May: 3rd.

Evora

Fans PotY: Javier II

Best XI: Carrera, Yildiz, Kalu, Javier II, Reis, Vazquez, Santos, Cordiero, Myklebust, Zeric, Mateus.

Subs: Ivanov, Roman, Etxeberria, Erdem, Graziani, Cooper, Torres.

All Time XI: Martins, Yildiz, Silva, Franjic, Javier II, Jehl, Lopes, Manuel, Santos, Gomis, Afonso.

Subs: Littman, Alves, Leao, Maria, Galiano, Reis, Wesllem.

Goings on Elsewhere in the World

Around the Traps

Euro Cup: CSKA Moscow 1:0 Sampdoria (New Anfield)

Euro Champs: Croatia p1:1 Spain (Old Trafford)

Thoughts of the Future

Well I have signed a new 4 year Contract, which means I am at the club until 2028. The next step is attempting to win the Champions League, I know right now my line is very strong and no one will be leaving into the new season, and I have a HUGE wage budget and a few million in transfer budget as well. If I can find any star players I will bring them in, but other than that I probably will not spend much. Our odds for the title is 6:1 (3rd), while Benfica are not even in the top 6 for the league, be worth a few sneaky pounds on them to win it (Or maybe a bob each way). We also signed a new Sponsorship deal worth a cool million pounds per season. And the board are finally upgrading facilities. We have no players leaving at the end of this season and this is the most pleasing thing, all of our players are contracted to 2025, and most to 2026 or 2027. I am looking to try and keep the core 16 together and then build further from there. We are also attempting to sell more than 2000 season tickets, considering our stadium is 15000 (2000 seated) this is slightly amusing to me.

The Signings:

Fatih Erol (ST) - Just attempting to add some more solidarity to my Frontline, alongside the others this just makes that striking line.

Giannis Nikopolidis (GK) - Carrera was in need of a solid back-up and this is the guy to do that job.

So I was a little bored waiting through the Champions League & Euro Cup games, and I thought I would check the Steam Acheivements that I have against the worldwide ones. The lowest % one I have is "Champions Streak" - Win 5 different League Competitions 1.2%, next up is "Part of the Furniture" - Being at a Club for 10 years 1.5%, & "Legend" - Win Manager of the Year 5 times 7.1%, Only 9.2% of people have stayed at a club for 5 seasons or more. While 38.9% of players have spent 30m pounds on a player, I have not, 20.9% have sold one for more than that amount...

Really this shows that people play for less than 5 seasons at a club, they are generally at big clubs and they play the same league over and over again ;). My Five League Wins are Scottish 3rd Div & 2nd Div, Portuguese 2nd Div North, Liga Vitalis & Liga Sagres.

Ohanzee - some really good signings there. salie looks like he has bags of potential, and delac is an awesome signing for you. good luck this season. i think you can get through that CL group - prove me right!!

Des - congrats on the title - knew you'd do it. you have got the team playing really well together. as you say it is a team rather than one with stars - maybe that's the way. Good luck in Europe this season.

As for Venezia, i have about 11 league games to go. After our god awful start, we are steadily climbing the league and have made it into 4th place. We have an outside chance of making the top two but we need to keep our unbeaten form. after losing 4 games in our fist dozen, we have lost only 1 in 15 now. i'm sure this will jinx it but hey ho. Danilo and Orosz have formed an outstanding partnership and both have about a goal per game ratio right now. Cardozo and Cavada are providing good cover also. if they can stay fit i think we can beat anyone, especially at home.

Congrats LRR! That's a big step taken. You where almost in a league of your own to, brilliant! :thup: I assume you go straight into group stages of the Champions Cup next year. That's £13M or so no matter how bad you do if my save is anything to go by.

rlipscombe - I'm afraid I didn't go through no, still not consistent enough. Funnily enough Liverpool was the weakest team in the group. Enough said for now, still got 1/3 of a season to go. Good luck in the run in!

I assume you go straight into group stages of the Champions Cup next year. That's £13M or so no matter how bad you do if my save is anything to go by.

Well only appears to be 6M for me :( But sure I can take a win or two :)

As for seeding in the draw it is complete BS that Porto & Sporting were seeded 2nd, and we get seeded 4th even as Champions of Portugal last season. This has meant us drawing At. Madrid (1st), O.Lyon (2nd) & Beskitas (3rd). I can probably beat Beskitas, but I expect some tough matches trying to get through the group stage from here. Sporting & Porto should both get through their groups in 2nd, Porto meets Bayern, Steaua & Palermo, while Sporting meets Man Utd, Austria Wein & FC Nantes.

Archived