FM10 Small Club to Big Club Big Euro Nation Challenge

welcome duccio - welcome to the challenge. like your style in picking clubs - i try to pick along similar styles (most of my recent teams tend to have played by water (Como, Real Oviedo, Venezia....) purely a coincidence!!

looking forward to seeing how you get on.

Thanks for the welcome rlipscombe.

I think the Como stadium is so close to the shore a left back could pass the ball into the lake. :D

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the welcome rlipscombe.

I think the Como stadium is so close to the shore a left back could pass the ball into the lake. :D

you should see Venezia. the away fans have to arrive by Gondola!!

As for winning in Serie A, bang on cue we win 3-2 away to Bologna having been 2-0 down at half time!! :D

Well the league Cup has been stunning, in the Third Round we were drawn in a group alongside Maritimo, Vit.Guimaraes & Benfica, so predicted to be smashed and come last, first game out we were down 2:0 at halftime away to Maritimo, I told the boys I was disappointed, and we come back to win in the 93rd minute with a penalty, 3:2. Second game at home to Vit.Guimaraes and we were down 1:0 at halftime, again disappointed, and again we came back to win it, this time 2:1, and with two wins while Benfica drew both of theirs means we have qualified top of the group and will be in the Semi-finals.

In the Semi we are travelling to Braga.

panoramica_penzo1.jpg

there you go.... not that we play there any more....

Instead of arriving in Bentleys and Ferraris, I can imagine filthy rich Serie A stars using yachts and speedboats to get there. I wonder if they bother to use lifejackets... What a silly thought! :D

Casertana - Serie C2/B 2010-11

Building the squad

From the get go it was obvious that the players already at the club were not going to amount to much anything. First and foremost there were too few of them, and their quality, apart from one called Francesco Ciro Lucarelli, left much to be desired. Since I like to use narrow formations and rarely employ wingers, even the left sided midfielder Lucarelli's role at the club was doubtfull.

To have a successfull campaign the whole squad had to be built from scratch. At the same time I was phasing out the deadwood, I approached to sign a large number of players whose contracts were running out or who were without a club. Casertana's reputation is not exactly high, so practically every time I had to compete for a player the player decided Caserta was not the place to go to and buggered off to somewhere else. Despite this I manage to sign some interesting players like:

GK - Giuseppe Ingrassia (Palermo)

SW DC - Daniele Adani (unattached)

DC DM MC - Vincenzo Orlando (unattached, regen)

D WB MR - Dario Campagna (Juventus)

MC - Antonio Tundo (Lecce)

AM L ST - Alessio Campagnacci (Perugia, Casertana's firece rivals)

ST - Roberto Grimaudo (unattached, ex Cavese and Palermo)

To ensure I didn't end up with only half a squad I reqested a parent club and got Palermo. I had already signed Ingrassia and was about to sign Grimaudo, so this developement lead to a formation of a Panormitan ”mafia” at Casertana - I loaned no fewer than 7 players from Palermo. When the games were about to begin it was reassuring to notice that the squad I had managed to assemble was actually of a rather high standard for C2.

The season of 2010-11

After playing a couple of friendlies against local teams, it was time to begin the real battles. First was the group stage of the Serie C Cup. After some overall mediocre results (0-0 Isola Liri, 3-0 Nuovo Campobasso, 1-1 Manfredonia, 0-1 Barletta) Casertana finished 3rd in Group I, and thus did not qualify for further games. This did not bother me at all, because it meant my team could focus on the more important C2/B campaign.

In the league the team played well, and played well consistently. During the whole season only 2 teams occupied the pole position: Barletta and Casertana. Barletta were a strong contender until the final 3rd of the season when their form stated to faulter.. Come the end of the season Casertana were crowned the champions of C2/B 11 points ahead of the 2nd place Barletta. Eventually Barletta were promoted aswell.

The winners of the 3 regional groups of C2 compete against each other in C2 Super Cup. The other participants in the Super Cup were Alto Adige an Catanzaro. Catanzaro lost both of their games, so the Cup winner was decided between Alto Adige and Casertana. The game was played at Alberto Pinto in Caserta. Casertana dominated the game, having more possession of the ball and managing 14 shots on goal, where Alto Adige only had 1 shot on goal. But it was enough! The match ended 1-1, which meant Alto Adige won the Super Cup since they had scored more goals in the competition.

A very good season where the most important goal was realized: promotion to C1.

Final table | League graph

Transfers | Squad at the end of the season

Roberto Grimaudo - Casertana's top goal scorer

Vincenzo Orlando - Promising youngster

Antonio Tundo - Fans player of the year

welcome duccio - welcome to the challenge. like your style in picking clubs - i try to pick along similar styles (most of my recent teams tend to have played by water (Como, Real Oviedo, Venezia....) purely a coincidence!!

I like it as well.

My strategy for choosing teams is basically to reload several times (20+ normally), note the teams which come up and pick one that only appeared once, looks interesting and that no-one will ever have played before (UGS (Switzerland), Universidad de Oviedo (also influenced by the fact that loads of other people were playing with Real Oviedo), Renato Curi Angolana).

Anyway, after a month off from the aforementioned RCA I have started the 2nd half of Season 5 and things are looking much better (had been 8 games w/o a win and out of the playouts only on GD). Will probably get the season finished sometime over the weekend.

Wooohooo in only my 2nd season in the Liga Sagres we have qualified for the Euro Cup by coming 5th, on the final day a stunning 2:1 away victory over 4th placed Braga took us from 7th (Outside Euro Spots) to 5th past Nacional (6th) & Maritimo (7th). Maritimo will qualify for the Euro Cup through the Portuguese Cup leaving Nacional out of the spots, a really gutting situation for them, but a great final day by my team. A 9-5-1 second half record on the season and 7-8-0 at home during the whole season including 3 draws against Porto (0-0), Sporting (1-1) & Benfica (1-1).

I will give a full report tomorrow at some point, its bed time now :)

Des Tiny's

Lusitano de Evora

lusitano_de_evora_home.png

End of Season

2019/20 Liga Sagres

A Late run to Europe

The Current Season

The Quick Reference

Predicted: 13th

Actual: 5th

Odds: 16th (2000-1)

Portuguese Cup: 5th Round vs Academica

League Cup: Semi-Final vs Braga

Finances: 4.2M (10th Por)

Season Tickets: 1003 (+29)

The Squad: Squad 1 & 2

Transfers: 2019/20

The Season in General

Well financially this season we didn't do quite as badly as the year before, we only lost about 800k not the 1.7M of the previous season, but we are now 2.5M in debt and there doesn't look to be much chance of improving it quite yet. Hopefully a run into Europe in 2020/21 will help a little bit, we need some serious money into the coffers if we are to have any real chance. As for Transfers we had a lot of players leave as I tried to cut the wages we were spending so that I could extend the core contracts in the squad. I actually believe the squad I have is just getting better and better, only a single loss in the final 15 games is a clear sign to me that my team is solid. Hopefully we can use that to build on with a couple of key signings and nothing more.

The League

Well this season my major aim was to build on my 10th place finish last season, and we did that perfectly as we moved up from 12th at the start of the season and steadily progressed until we jumped two spots on the final day of the season by beating Braga, this moved us past Nacional & Maritimo and into the European Spots. I was delighted with our second half run home, we ended with a thirteen game unbeaten streak in the league. This alone pulled us into the top half, and we also were unbeaten at home with 7 wins and 8 draws in the league. We have only lost 1 game at Campo Estrela all season which was a 2:1 defeat to Benfica in the League Cup Group Stage, even that result cannot make me think anything other than our home ground being a fortress.

Player Stats

The Cups

Well an average run in the Portuguese Cup ended against Academica in the 5th round, while our League Cup round saw us through the 2nd Round beating out Rio Ave & Santa Clara, then the 3rd Round we went through over Benfica, Maritimo & Vit.Guimaraes. Of course the run ended as soon as we travelled to Braga for the Semi-Final, but it was still an awesome run and the prize money helped us a lot.

Player Stats - League Cup

Player Stats - Portuguese Cup

The Club's History

League Records

|----------|----------|-----------|----------|--------------|
|  Season  |  League  | Final Pos | Playoffs | Achievements |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4647693&postcount=2810"]2010/11[/url] |   2DS    |    [url="http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/1156/portugueseseconddivisio.png"]6th[/url]    |          |     None     |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4669085&postcount=2856"]2011/12[/url] |   2DS    |    [url="http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1156/portugueseseconddivisio.png"]1st[/url]    |    [url="http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1156/portugueseseconddivisio.png"]2nd[/url]   |   Promoted   |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4687627&postcount=2883"]2012/13[/url] |    LV    |    [url="http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1156/portugueseseconddivisio.png"]8th[/url]    |    N/A   |     None     |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4693906&postcount=2918"]2013/14[/url] |    LV    |    [url="http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/8594/ligavitalis.png"]3rd[/url]    |    N/A   |     None     |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4735466&postcount=3041"]2014/15[/url] |    LV    |    [url="http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6752/ligavitalis14.png"]3rd[/url]    |    N/A   |     None     |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4897020&postcount=3290"]2015/16[/url] |    LV    |    [url="http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/3581/ligavitalis9.png"]4th[/url]    |    N/A   |     None     |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4901543&postcount=3295"]2016/17[/url] |    LV    |    [url="http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/4115/ligavitalis6.png"]3rd[/url]    |    N/A   |     None     |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4911039&postcount=3311"]2017/18[/url] |    LV    |    [url="http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/8971/ligavitalis10.png"]1st[/url]    |    N/A   |   Promoted   |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4918967&postcount=3319"]2018/19[/url] |    LS    |   [url="http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6383/ligasagres2.png"]10th[/url]    |    N/A   |     None     |
|  2019/20 |    LS    |    [url="http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/9412/ligasagres5.png"]5th[/url]    |    N/A   | Qualified EC |

Goals Home & Away

|----------|----------|---------|---------|-------|
|  Season  |  League  |  Home   |  Away   | Total |
|  2010/11 |   2DS    |  36-15  |  18-29  | 54-44 |
|  2011/12 |   2DS    |  39-10  |  31-20  | 70-30 |
|  2012/13 |    LV    |  33-22  |  20-25  | 53-47 |
|  2013/14 |    LV    |  27-17  |  26-19  | 53-36 |
|  2014/15 |    LV    |  34-16  |  25-21  | 59-37 |
|  2015/16 |    LV    |  41-14  |  20-22  | 61-36 |
|  2016/17 |    LV    |  39-14  |  23-21  | 62-35 |
|  2017/18 |    LV    |  39-10  |  30-19  | 69-29 |
|  2018/19 |    LS    |  18-18  |  16-32  | 34-50 |
|  2019/20 |    LS    |  28-13  |  22-25  | 50-38 |

Record Home & Away

|----------|----------|----------|----------|----------|
|  Season  |  League  |   Home   |  Away    | Total    |
|  2010/11 |   2DS    | 10-03-02 | 05-01-09 | 15-04-11 |
|  2011/12 |   2DS    | 13-03-01 | 07-06-04 | 20-10-05 |
|  2012/13 |    LV    | 09-01-05 | 03-07-05 | 12-08-10 |
|  2013/14 |    LV    | 07-06-02 | 08-04-03 | 15-10-05 |
|  2014/15 |    LV    | 11-04-00 | 07-03-05 | 18-07-05 |
|  2015/16 |    LV    | 11-02-02 | 04-03-08 | 15-05-10 |
|  2016/17 |    LV    | 11-01-03 | 05-04-06 | 16-05-09 |
|  2017/18 |    LV    | 12-01-02 | 07-05-03 | 19-06-05 |
|  2018/19 |    LS    | 05-05-05 | 03-04-08 | 08-09-13 |
|  2019/20 |    LS    | 07-08-00 | 05-04-06 | 12-12-06 |

1st Half vs 2nd Half

|  Season  |  League  |   Open   |  Close   | Total    |
|  2016/17 |    LV    | 06-02-07 | 10-03-02 | 16-05-09 |
|  2017/18 |    LV    | 07-05-03 | 12-01-02 | 19-06-05 |
|  2018/19 |    LS    | 03-04-08 | 05-05-05 | 08-09-13 |
|  2019/20 |    LS    | 04-06-05 | 08-06-01 | 12-12-06 |

Club Records & Competition History

New Records: Highest League Pos: 5th (LS), Avg Attendance: 6239, Youngest Goalscorer: Theo Tsotetsi - 18y 129d.

All Records: Part 1 & 2.

Competition History: 2nd Division South - Winners 2012, Liga Vitalis - Winners 2018, 3rd 2014,2015,2017, Reserves: Group 3 - 3rd 2017, Group 2 - 2nd 2019, U19s Cup - 2nd 2018

The Players

The Squad

Current Teams Stats: This Season & Evora Career.

Goalkeepers

33. Leon van Gils - He is just a back-up and without playing for the senior side he has dropped off a bit, he is probably going to leave in the Summer, but if I cannot find a replacement he will sign a new back-up contract.

30. Carsten Littmann - Conceding just over a goal per game in the Liga Sagres is pretty good at this point, hopefully with a good pairing infront of him that will improve even more. He is definitely one of the best around right now and still pretty young as well.

Right Backs

63. Oier Torres - He had a couple of down time in the middle of the season, but he was definitely a superior right back compared to a lot through the league, he had a very good season and made it past 100 appearances for Evora as well.

36. Jorge Fucile - The Uruguayan International made the move from Porto to Evora in the summer and he may have only played 23 games, but he really was the solid, responsible player I needed in the back joining Addo & Torres to cover fullback.

90. Pedro Lopes - With a single sub appearance and an assist in that game, Lopes was delighted. He will provide some extra cover into 2020 as we need some cheap reserves instead of the huge wages I have been paying.

Left Backs

62. Benjamin Addo - The club's captain had a solid season at the back and was good in his international side as well. He may never be great, but he is definitely strong on the left side of the field. If we can build a good central defense the team will be much stronger.

93. Gustavo Frangao - He made just a single appearance off the bench, but he is likely to be kept around in the reserve squad as cheap injury cover when I desperately need it as he is solid without costing much.

Centre Backs

5. Alberto Fernandez Gonzalez - He is off to Tottenham in July which really disappointed me, but with the lack of a wage budget I couldn't keep him, hopefully I can find a good replacement for a very good central defender who had an average rating over 7 once more.

4. Francisco Javier Sanchez - Javier Mk II has become the true star at the back, and this season the fans agreed with me and the 21 year old was named as Fans Player of the season. I am looking for him to become part of the Evora core for the next few years as I try to create a team of homegrown superstars.

95. Americo Viana - One of the youth picks I have in the squad, he doesn't look great, but he has a bit of skill and he may be able to cover in my smaller sized squad that I am attempting to build.

94. Jeronimo Rebelo - Another youngster who didn't get any game time, but as I try to cut my wage budget so I can try and make money I am likely to use these guys as cover.

92. Romeu Salgado - He also made no appearances for the senior side, but with Gonzalez on his way out we are going to need cover at DC, so he will stick around on the reserve team.

16. Maurice van Dommelen - He is just a sub, likely to be let go over summer if I can get someone to join Javier II in the starting line-up.

Right Wings

47. Matteo Jehl - The most capped of our current team started the season injured, and came back for just two games before going out again for another long period, with a greatly reduced workload in this season he still looked great when he played, if he can play a whole season in 2020/21 we may see some fireworks.

55. Alejandro - Well he is not the best thing on the right wing, but he is solid enough and he was pretty good during the constant injuries to our number 1 Jehl. He is slowly building a name as a very solid reserve for our team, and a great fill in when he is needed.

Left Wings

27. Hans Winter - He was pretty much the cover from the bench, but he never really appealed too much this season. One of the lefties is likely to leave in summer, not sure which one and whether I will keep either.

73. Alessandro Gabrieli - Well he was average at best, he may have played a lot of games this season, but he never really showed up. The return of utility Cabezas saw him out of a job.

Centre Mids

29. Abraham - He was only average, he played more games than he might've under other circumstances, but Cabezas had to play out on the left for a lot of his season meaning Abraham stayed in the starting line-up.

25. Pablo Cabezas - Double figure assists is what I am looking for in a senior midfielder, and in his first full season that is exactly what Cabezas has done, he did spend more time on the left wing than in the middle though. At only 24 he could be a lynchpin of the midfield to lead us to a title.

24. Sergio Torres - Young, Strong, Fit, and a true superstar. He played 26 games for 6 assists, he is just below the true player I want as my centre mid, but he is young enough that if he can improve more he will make us superior.

91. Jose Filipe Areias - Another of the youth brigade, he actually got a game though, even if he didn't do much. He will provided much needed injury cover without bringing in more players.

17. Guglielmo Martinelli - 19 average appearances sees him as no more than a back-up, but he is good in that role.

Strikers

38. Hector Cruz - 17 goals from 37 games, he went 15 hours in the middle with no goals, but he pulled out of that and ended up looking very good in our run to the finish line, expect him to start the season alongside Guerra.

82. Marcos Morelli - He didn't play at all last season, and I am going to try and get a few dollars for him during the off season.

44. Gaetano Santangelo - 19 games for 8 goals, an average outlook from the player who is supposed to be our best striker, Guerra replaced him later on and had a stunning run home, Santangelo never really made it back after that.

1. Alessandro Guerra - A huge finish to the season saw him take the starting spot in my opinion and he will be there from the start of the new season. At only 21 he will be part of the core of my side as I move forwards.

11. Theo Tsotetsi - The future of South African Football plays for Evora, if anyone wants him its going to cost them a fair few million pounds. He will be signing to an extended contract in summer and I hope I can keep him for many years to come.

The Best of the Best

topplays.jpg

The 100 Club

100club.jpg

Gabriele Federici 203, Matteo Jehl 169, Jose Manuel 179, Carlos Perez Rojo 170,Deigo Galiano 151, Sebastian Visentin 147, Raphael Lopes 146, Alberto Gonzalez 136, Guilherme Afonso 132, Oier Torres 122, Jose Maria 113, Ander Suarez Rodriguez 100.

The Awards

Portugal

Most Improved: Evora 2nd.

Liga Sagres

Manager of the Month - Apr: Des Tiny 2nd.

Player of the Month - Nov: Hector Cruz 1st, Apr: Sanchez 2nd.

Forward of the Year: Hector Cruz - Shortlist

Goal of the Month - Mar: Abraham 1st, Apr: Guerra 2nd.

Evora

Fans PotY: Francisco Javier Sanchez (Javier II)

Best XI: Littmann, O.Torres, Addo, Gonzalez, Javier II, Jehl, Winter, Cabezas, S.Torres, Santangelo, Cruz.

Subs: Frangao, Guerra, Martinelli, Alejandro, Tsotetsi, Fucile, Hunte (Loan).

Overall XI: Martins, Rodriguez, Silva, Galiano, Franjic, Jehl, Lopes, Manuel, Leao, Gomis, Afonso.

Subs: Littman, Alves, Maria, Perez Rojo, Wesllem, Mauro, Willian.

Where are they now?

Evora: Jehl, Littman.

Other Clubs Players: Martins (Nacional), Rodriguez (Anorthosi), Franjic (KV Mechelen), Lopes (Leiria), Manuel (Beira Mar), Gomis (Zamora), Afonso (Zamora), Perez Rojo (Zamora).

Other Clubs Staff: Silva (Manager: Sanjoanense), Leao (Scout: Unemployed).

Retired: Galiano, Alves, Maria, Wesllem, Mauro, Willian.

Just as a point of interest for anyone about Zamora. They have also signed Popo (MRC), and Abraham (ST), Galiano spent a season here before retiring, I don't know why they like signing our players, but that is 6 of ours.

Long Term Deals: I want to build a core team and it is going to start with Guerra, Cabezas, S.Torres, Javier II & Littman. These five are strong, young and play through the middle well.

Hospitalet - Season 8 - Liga BBVA - 2017-18

The-Season

Awesome season as we challenged on 3 fronts; Liga BBVA, Spanish cup and the Euro cup.

LIGA BBVA

The league season was excellent as we topped the league for the first time and did so for several weeks. We conceded the least number of goals in the league thanks mainly to our goalkeeper Carlos Kameni. We finished the season with a chance of winning the league as we were 2 points behind Real Madrid with 1 games to play. We managed a 2-0 win over Tenerife but a 4-0 win for Real Madrid over Valladolid gave them the title.

Spanish Cup - Fixtures

An nice draw in the fourth round enabled me to play a team which didn't consist of any of my first 11 against Ponferradina and win 4-0 on aggregate.

The fifth round draw was not kind as we drew Real Madrid. A 2-1 away win set us up nicely and we were able to hold on in the home leg with a 0-0 draw.

Villarreal were next up and a couple of well played 2-1 wins sent us into the semi-final were we faced Sevilla.

Against Sevilla we lost the first leg 1-0 but with the second leg at home I was still confident of reaching the final and a 2-0 win took us there.

The Spanish Cup Final saw us lineup against Barcelona who are the 1 team in the league I always struggle against as in the previous 8 games we had managed 2 0-0 draws and 6 defeats without scoring.

The final however saw us score our 1st goal against them as Popov gave us the lead in the 43rd minute. Despite taking the lead I was never too confident as Barcelona were creating a lot of good chances (7 clear cut chances in the end to our 3). They eventually equalised in the 68th minute and the game then went into extra time.

The screen shot of the final above shows that we lost the final on penalties but this didn't actually happen as Barcelona scored in extra time and therefore won the game 2-1. This sounds like a bug that has been previously mentioned on this forum by a couple of people but unlike LLR it didn't change the winning team!

Euro Cup - Fixtures

Our first foray into Europe was in the Euro Cup and it went very well. We had 1 round to get through before the group stage which saw us beat Hearts 5-1 on aggregate.

The Group Stage saw us drawn in a tough group against Tottenham, PSV and Saturn. 2 excellent wins over Spurs 2-1 and 2-0 were our best results at this stage. With a draw and a narrow win over PSV as well as 2 big wins over Saturn 6-0 and 4-1 we finished on top of the group.

A nice draw in the first knockout stage saw us easily beat Austria Wien 4-0 on aggregate.

We then had to face our hardest challenge yet as well got Lyon who had been knocked out of the Champions Cup. 2 fantastic performances from Kameni enabled us to get 2 vital clean sheets and snatch a 1-0 aggregate victory.

A 3-1 aggregate victory over Saint Etienne and a 4-1 aggregate win over Sevilla sent us into the Final.

The Euro Cup Final was against Dortmund. The game had plenty of chances but we were able to limit Dortmund mostly to long shots (11 long shots out of 17 total) and only 1 clear cut chance. The game then changed when Dortmund's Seifert put the ball into his own net. Top scorer Gobel then completed the victory and claimed the trophy with a 93 minute goal.

The Players

Carlos Kameni - GK - Awesome keeper who had an unbelievable season which resulted in him being named Liga BBVA Keeper of the Year and 3rd place in the European Goalkeeper of the Year and named in the Liga BBVA Team of the Year

Antonio - D RLC - Average defender who was used to rest my first choice players.

Luca Bianco - DR - My main right back for the whole season who had a good season.

Marcio - D RC - Player used rotationally whilst playing domestically. Played more percentage of games available in the Euro Cup due to the ineligibility of Evrard.

Ricardo Alonso - D LC - Another fantastic season from this young Spanish defender. He has now earned a few caps for Spain as they see his potential as well. He also picked up 2nd place in the Spainsh Young Player of the Year

Luca Milan - DL - Luca had an excellent season playing lots of games whilst he was fully fit and picking up a couple of assists along the way.

Bobby Evrard - DC - Bought for 2.6m from Standard Bobby was a quality addition to the team and his performances throughout the season domestically were world class. His freshness for the team domestically was as a result of him being ineligible to play in the Euro Cup - something I don't have an answer for (and which was a total surprise) because Standard hadn't played any games at the start of this season. His form domestically resulted in him being named in the first 11 of the Liga BBVA Team of the Year.

Jorge - DC / DMC - Jorge is described as a Wonderkid and his performances are certainly very good. He played a lot of matches during this season despite only being 19. His status as a forign player will also soon disappear as he is due to gain Spanish nationality in January.

Rachid Marchal - DC / DMC - Racid joined the club in January for 5m from PSG. He is another young player who I needed in both DC and DMC to rest my main players due to the increase in the number of games we had to play. He also has the ability to go further and become one of my first choice players.

Pele - DMC - Played most of his games during the first half of the season but with the arrival of Marchal he featured less and less. As a result he will be leaving when his contract runs out in the summer.

Francesco Viola - MC - Francesco was used both as my starting central midfielder and also as an additional center mid when we had a lead to defend. He played well and contributed with several vital goals and assists.

Andrea Guido - AMRC - Andrea was brought in for 2.9m from Roma to provide more quality from the center mid position and also cover on the right wing. His first season contribution of 8 goals and 9 assists made the 2.9m paid a bargian.

Ivelin Popov - AM RLC - Ivelin was brought in as he was highly recommended by my scouts and also because he covered 3 of my midfield positions. He was brought in from Tottenham for 2.1m but mainly only played from the bench. Despite this he still got 6 goals and assists. At the start of the next season we have been able to make a nice profit of 2.3m on him because I sold him to Gimnastic for 4.4m.

Zoltan Bagi - AMR - One of my most loyal ever present players, Zoltan had another good season (his 6th for the club) playing most of the games despite a couple of minor injuries. He managed 8 goals and 14 assists.

Joaquim Romao - AMLC - Played in both centre mid and left wing positions. Had an excellent season as he provided the most assists of anybody with 16.

Mihajlo Zaric - AML - Used a lot during the course of the season but I had expected a bit more.

Daniel - ST - Another quality season from my young striker. His 28 goals and 10 assists was a fantastic contribution. He also won the Spanish Young Player of the Year.

Jeroen Gobel - ST - His second season at the club was absolutely miles better than his first season. Jeroen finished the season as our top goalscorer with 32 goals and also contributed with the 3rd most assists with 12.

Next Season

Having finished 2nd in the league and qualified for the Champions Cup, finished runner-up in the Spanish Cup and Winning the Euro Cup we had an absolutely brilliant season.

We also had some excellent end of season news as in our youth intake was Daniel Amengual who is just amazing.

The board are now getting their full weight financially behind me as they have announced not only a Training Facilities Upgrade but they have announced we will leave our 6500 seat stadium for a New 26574 seat Stadium and they have also injected 5m into the Bank.

The upcoming season is all about consolidating where we are for when we move into our new Stadium.

Just noticed my post above is the first post in 3 days, where has everybody gone?

I know I'm not the greatest poster as i generally just put up my end of season reports but i always read through how everybody else is doing and now have nothing to read :(

Think I'll have a go at this in Scotland now. I hope it's ok to do a second save after completing one? I just like the leagues available to this challenge and I always wanted to do a British one outside England.

I went on holiday for a season and Queens Park ended last, but I don't wanna play with them. They have to big a reputation. Or at least I assume they do seeing as they have a 52k stadium and won the Scottish cup several times before the 1900s.

Anyways, my question is when exactly do I take over the team I want in Scotland? Can I just take over the bottom team after the last game of the season? Or should I wait until the season update? Any idea which date this is in that case?

Cheers LLR, just in time. I just finished my 3rd try and got Albion Rovers. Interestingly Elgin is in the playoff final, but they'll probably lose.

Manager Profile | League Table

Albion Rovers (aka The Wee Rovers) are a old team being founded in 1882, but have mostly been in the lower divisions. Their biggest achievement was being runners-up in the Scottish Cup back in 1920. The current stadium is called Cliftonhill and is based in Coatbridge. It's got room for 1238 fans, 538 of them in seats. The youth and training facilities are adequate and the chairman feels he will never leave the club of his own volition. The financial balance is £107 in the red.

Time to get going. Any quick tips? :)

Yea, I noticed. Lots of good players on free. A bit surprised I can already send my scouts to very foreign places. Australia, Spain, Norway, France, and many more are on the list. But not Italy, kinda weird. I never really understood that system anyways. I love it though, nice to be able to start a scouting network so early.

Having a bit of a issue with wages though as I can only give £35 to key players and even less to staff. The really good ones want £100+. I can't find a single scout with 10+ in the right attributes that's willing to go that low on wages. Same for other staff.

Another great surprise as well. We apparently have Celtic and Motherwell as parent clubs. Celtic already offered to play a friendly before the season. Think I might enjoy this. :thup:

Thanks StellaF1. Time is running out for me, season is starting to fast. I need 4-5 attacking players still. I don't feel like we have any star players though, but I guess no teams at this level do. If we could give £100 instead of £50 to key players we could assemble a great team, but my board rejected my request to increase the wage budget.

Just played our friendly against Celtic. Amazing result, although extremely lucky. And they where playing with a really good team to. Hope this is a sign of things to come. :)

Albion Rovers 2010/2011

1st in Scottish Third Division (pred: 9th) | Transfers | Finances | Graph

The League

We got off to a great start grabbing 4 straight one-goal wins and never looked back. At one point we went 19 games unbeaten in the league. We never completely battered any team, but with one exception never got outplayed either. The exception being a 6-0 loss to East Stirlingshire which I'm at a loss to explain. Just one of those games I guess. The game after we bounced back with a 4-1 win over Stranraer and that victory wrapped up the promotion with 3 games left to play. Promotion!

The Cups

We went out in the Challenge Cup 2nd round against Partick Thistle, who ended up winning the 2nd division. A good meassure of next season that, as they really outplayed us. So we'll need some improvements to have a shot at another promotion. In the League Cup we went out in the 1st round against our rival Hamilton who are a top 1st division team. The Scottish Cup was a little better, but not much. We got to the 4th round where we managed to hold Queen of the South to a draw to get a replay, but lost 1-0 at home in a very tight match. They got Rangers in the next round so it was a bit sad to go out there.

The Players

Not surprisingly two of the on loan players where our best performers. Young Dan Parker was very steady in our back line and chipped in his share of goals on set pieces. Kenny McLean was a very important presence in midfield. And Sean Burns was our top goalscorer.

Of the contracted players Alan Brazil had a good season. In fact he scored more often than Burns, but played less because of injuries. Our captain Paul Stewart (who was already at the club) also had a very decent season setting up many goals.

The Finances

Looking at them our board sure could have given me a bit more of a wage budget to work with. Our gate receipts alone more than made up for the wages this year which is great. The profit was mostly price money. Our stadium was far from filled though with an average attendance of just 312. But that is a increase of 114 from the first season (before I took over).

The Top Level

In the Premier League Rangers where the best team this year after Celtic winning last year. Celtic came 2nd and there was a 20 point gap down to the 3rd best team Hearts. Celtic did Scotland proud in Europe by reaching the 1st KO round in the the Champions League where they got battered 7-0 over two games by Villarreal. Rangers also helped the Scottish reputation in Europe as they reached the Semi Finals of the EURO Cup, where Stuttgart knocked them out. None of the other Scottish teams made it to the group stages.

The Future

If we're gonna fight for another promotion we'll need some big improvements. I'd love to sign players good enough to do the job, but we might have to rely on loans to do the dirty work again. Hopefully with a healthy bank balance the board will increase our wage budget and maybe even go professional.

[b][u][color="Blue"]CLUB HISTORY[/color][/u][/b]

[b]SEASON	LEAGUE	POS.	S-CUP		L-CUP		EUROPE		NOTES[/b]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]10/11[/b]	3rdD	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Albion/s1tab.jpg"]1st[/url]	4th round	1st round	-		Promoted
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[b][u][color="Blue"]TROPHY CABINET[/color][/u][/b]

[b]Scottish Third Division[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Albion/s1tab.jpg"]10/11[/url]

FC_Libourne_Saint-Seurin_L_Isle-log.gif

FC Libourne-Saint-Seurin, 2028-29, Ligue 1

League Position - 11th: Past Positions

Squad

Transfers

Summary

First of all lets talk transfers. Da Silva wanted to leave so I sold him for 10M. Matias left for 1.5M. Other notable transfers included Martin Leitner leaving in January for 4.9M. I signed Youssouf Fane and Dmytro Zubko on free transfers, both weren't as good as my scouts had made them out to be so were sold later on in the season. Taner Tas was a versatile defender brought in on loan. Nicola Valli was another loanee who was alright. Jose Antonio was a striker also brought in on a free. Maruis Vagnen was brought in for 3M, he became our first choice central defender. Donovan Leferink was brought in for 5.25M with big expectations, although in reality he didn't deliver. Alfredo Segovia was brought in on loan as well as cover, but he wasn't good enough to warrant a place in the team. Georges Wansi was brought in for a measely amount and turned out to be a pretty decent signing. Miguel Angel was also brought in late on in the season and played a few games.

We were eliminated in the French Cup quarter finals and the 4th round of the Coupe de la Ligue. The league was a similar story to last season, the league is of course as open as ever and during the season there were moments where if we'd have won 2 or 3 matches we would have gone up to 2nd/3rd. At the end of the season we had a bad run of form which stopped any real progress on the league position.

Financially things are actually starting to look very good, we have 15M in the bank which is a record high. The board agreed to upgrade all facilities from good to whatever comes next, this is for a cheap fee of just 750K. Our stadium currently holds 20650, the board agreed to upgrade it but the council blocked planning permission so for now we wont see any improvements unfortunately.

Onze de départ

GK: Josip Grnja, 29, Croatia - Another good season for the number 1 goalkeeper at the club.

DR: Taner Tas, 19, Turkish - A good season for the loan signing from Besiktas, if I can get him for a reasonable price I will try to bring him to the club on a permanent basis.

DL: Jesper Jensen, 29, Denmark - A pretty good second season at the club for the Dane who is a reliable penalty taker.

DC: Vladimir Stokic, 26, Bosnia & Herz. - Another decent season at the back for Stokic.

DC: Marius Vangen, 22, Norway - The Norwegian replaced the out going Stephen Crompton and did well, hopefully he can improve next season.

MR: Jérôme Hebert, 27, France - Not the best of seasons for the homegrown hero, but he still had a pretty good season nonetheless.

ML: Stephen Sharp, 24, Scotland - The scottish midfielder had a decent campaign this year.

MC: Kyriakos Vogiatzis, 29, Greece - He was one of the best passers in the League again this year, he also managed to achieve a bit more attackingly.

MC: Matthieu Causse, 32, France - Causse was the leading central midfield player yet again this season and continued to do well, how long he will continue to be first choice is interesting though as he begins to age.

ST: Georges Wansi, 30, Cameroon - He was signed in January and did okay I suppose.

ST: Razvan Ionica, 31, Romania - He didn't play as much this year because we had better strikers at the club, although ironically he scored more than them anyway.

-

Official Fans Player of the Year - Matthieu Causse

Unofficial Young Player of the Year - Marius Vangen

-

A BIG 'goodbye' to the retiring midfield legend - Sergio Marbus

Sergio was signed in 2015 when we'd just been promoted to Ligue 2, he stayed at the club following the relegation the next season and has been here ever since. He was made vice-captain of the club in 2017 and promoted to club captain in 2019. Sergio formed a legendary partnership in midfield with Matthieu Causse, the two were the main men in the middle of midfield during the years 2017-27. In all competitions Sergio Marbus played in 457 games for the club. He has decided to stay in football and will shortly become an official member of the coaching staff at the club. If the in-game system for players being on the information screen for legend/icon/favorite etc wasn't completely flawed, Marbus would indeed be a permanent legend on that list.

-

Career Overview

Season     League   Position   Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11  National    4th       None
2011/12  National    5th       None
2012/13  National    7th       None
2013/14  National    2nd       Promoted 
2014/15  Ligue 2    18th       Relegated
2015/16  National    3rd       Promotion
2016/17  Ligue 2    13th       None
2017/18  Ligue 2    12th       None
2018/19  Ligue 2     7th       None
2019/20  Ligue 2     6th       None
2020/21  Ligue 2     1st       Promoted as Champions
2021/22  Ligue 1     18th      Relegated
2022/23  Ligue 2     1st       Promoted as Champions
2023/24  Ligue 1     13th      None
2024/25  Ligue 1     15th      None
2025/26  Ligue 1     7th       None
2026/27  Ligue 1     6th       French Cup winners
2027/28  Ligue 1     12th      Champions Trophy winners
2028/29  Ligue 1     11th      None

[b][size=3][u]Trophies won:[/u][/size][/b]

Ligue 2          (x2) - 2020/21 & 2022/23
French Cup       (x1) - 2026/27
Champions Trophy (x1) - 2027/28

[b][size=3][u]Unofficial Club Hall of Fame/Alumni:[/u][/size][/b]

Legends            - Joel Kouassi, Sergio Marbus 
Icons              - Paul Hart, Matthieu Causse, Jérôme Hebert, Razvan Ionica 
Favoured Personnel - Alexandru Musca, Chakib Saber, Vivaldy Joaquim 

WK_Emmen.png

WoonwagenKamp Emmen End of season report 2015/2016

No screenies as having some trouble with computer.

Best season so far we finished 4th and were brilliant all season. Qualified for the Europa League. I figured out how to motivate most of my players now, so next season I think we can push for the title.

League        Year       Pos           Achievements
 Jupiler       2012       8th            Promoted via playoffs
 Eredivisie   2013      15th          Survived!
 Eredivisie   2014      10th          Reached semis of cup
 Eredivisie   2015      8th            Lost in Euro Places Playoff
 Eredivisie   2016      4th            Qualified for the Europa League

:)

You sure are persistent PaulHartman71. I really hope you can push for Europe soon, you'd deserve it! :thup:

Good luck in Europe yababo. :thup:

<off topic>

I've been meaning to ask something, may as well do it here since one of my screenshots from the season review show what I mean. I play in windowed-mode, and sometimes when I browse the forums and then 'alt-tab' to Football Manager the tooltip from my mouse cursor stays through the FM window. You can see it in the League Table screenshot. Have anyone else experienced this? I'm wondering if this can be connected to the interface-lag I sometimes experienced in the extended English league challenge.

</off topic>

sorry i've been quiet guys.... been busy and not played Venezia save.

Stella - great sason there. looks like your edging towards challenge completion

Ohanzee - good to have you back. sure you'll be showing Celtic and Rangers the way soon.

yabobo - well done on a good season. looking forward to european football next season

PualHartman - looks like you were a little unlucky in end - you seem to be better than 11th. fingers crossed for next season.

rlipscombe - Yea it goes away real quick, just clicking on the FM window where it is and it's gone. Was just wondering cause in the save I had the laggy/slow response issues it felt almost like FM didn't realize it was the front window sometimes. But I haven't had any of this interface-lag in this save so far so it must be more to it.

Been reading through the last page of this thread. Not to much activity in here lately? I was expecting it to take off now that the last patch was out. I love this last patch by the way. Match engine seem to be very good right now. Not having weird stuff happen every match or 53252 one on ones only to miss them all. And I don't feel like the opposition is gonna get a huge chance every time they got the ball either. Everything just feels more balanced.

StellaF1 - What an amazing season, congrats on the EURO Cup win. Knocked out some great teams there. I love that you got Kameni, he's one of my favorite goalkeepers. I dunno if I'd call him underrated, but I always thought he should be in a bigger club, and now he is. That Daniel Amengual looks brilliant!!

LLR - Great progress, very well done! Especially with such financial troubles. YOu seem to have a very good squad, lots of options. Good luck in Europe next year!

duccio - Well done, great first season. Good luck in the C1.

rlipscombe - Good luck in Serie A. Or have you already finished the season? A while since that pre-season update. *cough* :p You got some good signings there, but I can see how you'd struggle against the top teams. Crossing fingers just in case you need it. :D

Razer82 - Congrats on the league win. Good to see someone have success with Fafe this year also. Hope you can get a good group in the CL again and a lucky draw in the KO round. Liverpool are really tough to play against in this game. Torres is hopeless to handle. Good luck.

Hey everyone, hoping some of you can help, I have been looking around for some good kits, I want to try and get a new set, most of the ones I have are from 08 or 09 seasons. I just downloaded the Metallic Logos Megapack, and I seem to have logos for neaarly every team in the world now. So now I am hoping someone can suggest a set of kits that covers nearly everyone :)

ohanzee - i expected a little surge in interest but all we have had is the opposite. :( As for my game, i am in the January window. struggling a lot and in drop zone at moment. we have the players but i can't get a formation to keep the goals out at moment. only just uploaded latest patch so hoping it gives up an upturn in fortunes. might do a mid-season update if i can somehow make us look better than we are....

Des - i get all my kits from FMGlive - they have a great range. i personally prefer the "SS" range, tohugh there is plenty to choose from. i use them for all my facepacks, kits, logos etc. i'd try there first

Des - i get all my kits from FMGlive - they have a great range. i personally prefer the "SS" range, tohugh there is plenty to choose from. i use them for all my facepacks, kits, logos etc. i'd try there first

Thats the exact range I use, I just noticed that this season they seem to be missing a lot of the lower league ones. :) I might just build a set myself using theirs over the last few years.

You can have one from me. I'm pretty much in no mans land anyways. Sitting 2nd in the table, 10 points up to Livingston who are just to good for this division. But there's also 14 points down to 5th so playoff is more or less secure. Still 11 games to go though. Strange division this, everyone seem to be able to beat everyone. Almost all wins and losses so far have been with a 1 goal difference.

I know that feeling. I have 6 players rotating two striker positions and all of them play 5.8 or lower every 3 games or so. It's hopeless to figure out which of them I'm gonna give a long run as a starter. My top scorer so far have 16 goals in 29. Not so bad, but considering 7 of those came in 2 home matches where we hammered the opposition it's not much to talk about. That's 9 in 27 games if I take those 7 away. :thdn:

I have the same problem in defense. One of my central defenders is very steady, but who ever I put in the other spot he makes some huge mistake and plays 5.8 every other game. Very annoying.

We just played Livingston away and had a 1-0 lead until 92' when they equalized. So there goes any hope of direct promotion. 10 points up and 7 games to go. Better start preparing for playoffs.

*edit*

Ouch rlipscombe. That's gonna be tough. What formation/tactic you using? I'm still playing my 41212 from 10.2 and it's very steady. I'm guessing you have wingers though?

I know that feeling. I have 6 players rotating two striker positions and all of them play 5.8 or lower every 3 games or so. It's hopeless to figure out which of them I'm gonna give a long run as a starter. My top scorer so far have 16 goals in 29. Not so bad, but considering 7 of those came in 2 home matches where we hammered the opposition it's not much to talk about. That's 9 in 27 games if I take those 7 away. :thdn:

I have the same problem in defense. One of my central defenders is very steady, but who ever I put in the other spot he makes some huge mistake and plays 5.8 every other game. Very annoying.

We just played Livingston away and had a 1-0 lead until 92' when they equalized. So there goes any hope of direct promotion. 10 points up and 7 games to go. Better start preparing for playoffs.

*edit*

Ouch rlipscombe. That's gonna be tough. What formation/tactic you using? I'm still playing my 41212 from 10.2 and it's very steady. I'm guessing you have wingers though?

i've tried all sorts. started with usual 4-4-2, then tried 4-4-2 DM, tried 4-1-3-2, 4-5-1, 4-1-2-2-1..... defencive, standard, control, you name it, i've tried it.....

The 41212 I use is from this thread. I changed it to classic view and tweaked it a bit, and you can find that version in the first post as well (here). Not a world beater by any means, but it's been working for me in many saves. Just a fairly balanced tactic that gets better as your players gets better. I like it, cause I know it works well once my players get to know it. Gives me time to work on other aspects like training and scouting. Give it a go if you like, sounds like you have nothing to lose at this point. :)

i might give it a go tomorrow. always tried to stay away from other people tactics - no real reason really. Just reverted back to my Serie B formation and we lost narrowly 1-0 at home t oSiena. had a penalty shout too. might give that an extended run. nothing to lose now as 11 points off safety with 15 games to go.....

Albion Rovers 2011/2012

3rd in Scottish Second Division (pred: 10th) | Transfers | Finances | Graph

The League

It started bad, or so I thought, as we started with a 2-3-3 record in the first 8 matches. But it turned out most teams in this league are very equal so that was still enough to be around playoff spots at that point. As the new players got to know each other we started playing better and we never looked like we'd fall out of the playoff spots. We lost our 2nd place in the last 8 games as I decided to rotate a lot more in the hope of one of my fringe players turning it on. But it didn't matter as we would meet East Fife in the playoffs either way. No one could do anything about Livingston at the top. They started the season with 12 wins in the first 14 matches and never looked back.

The playoffs went well. We already beat East Fife 3-0 at home in the second to last game of the season and we had a very similar performance in the 2-0 win in the 1st leg. We where a bit lucky to win the 2nd leg, but we deserved our spot in the final. Brechin somehow had knocked out Dunfermline (1st div. side) and I love playing against Brechin. Always lots of goals in our games so far. I wasn't expecting to beat them 5-2 away, but after that it was really a formality as a record crowd of 1212 came to see us win promotion in the 2nd leg at home.

The Cups

Another bad year. We went out of the Challenge Cup in the 2nd round against Falkirk, who won the 1st division so it wasn't much of a surprise. The League Cup was worse as we went out in the 1st round this year with a 1-0 loss away to Partick Thistle. In the Scottish Cup we managed to hold First Division side Raith to a draw away, but lost 1-0 in the replay at home. That was in the 4th round.

The Players

A lot of new faces again this year, but the guy I was most excited about signing was Adam Pepper. He was released by Liverpool and I was really surprised we managed to get him. I wish I had a screenshot of him when he joined cause he's improved a lot this season. To give you an idea, my assistant thought he was a leading star for the Second Division when he joined. Now he thinks he's a good Premier League player. He started off slow, but improved all season and in the end was one of our best attacking players.

In the back four two Spanish players, David Garrido and Paco Borrego, where our most consistent performers and they also got the highest average rating of any of our players this year.

In midfield I had high hopes for several players, but only one managed to stay really consistent. Polish Maciej Biernacki never had a bad game and set up more goals than anyone. In October we signed another Spaniard on free, Rodri. He turned out to be our second most consistent midfielder after Biernacki.

John Baird became the top goal scorer, but as already mentioned he was incredibly inconsistent.

The Finances

Looks decent still. We got over £200k from gate receipts this season, which more than covers our £105k expenditure on wages. It's nice to actually make a profit on that for once. Our average attendance went up to 575 this year from 312 last year.

The Top Level

In the top division Celtic managed to take back the title Rangers had gotten last year. Rangers actually ended 3rd with Dudndee Utd sneaking between the two giants. They ended on 74, 73 and 70 points so it was a close race. Behind them it was 11 points down to the next group lead by Motherwell in 4th.

In Europe the Scottish teams did not follow up last years performance, but Celtic reached the Quarter Final of the EURO Cup where Sevilla proved to strong. Rangers came 3rd in their CL group and went out in the 1st KO round of the EURO Cup against Ajax. Also pleasing was that Motherwell managed to reach the group stage in the EURO Cup this year.

The Future

I hope we go professional now. Not that it matters much as I'm already giving most of my players fulltime contracts so they can train better. Not sure what to expect of the Fist Division, but I hope we can stay well clear of relegation and maybe push for playoffs depending on what kind of players we can pick up. Adam Pepper is the only player I've given a long term contract, and I really hope we can hang on to him as I feel he can take us up to the top level.

[b][u][color="Blue"]CLUB HISTORY[/color][/u][/b]

[b]SEASON	LEAGUE	POS.	S-CUP		L-CUP		EUROPE		NOTES[/b]
[b]10/11[/b]	3D	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Albion/s1tab.jpg"]1st[/url]	4th round	1st round	-		Promoted
[b]11/12[/b]	2D	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Albion/s2tab.jpg"]3rd[/url]	4th round	1st round	-		Promoted through playoff

[b][u][color="Blue"]TROPHY CABINET[/color][/u][/b]

[b]Scottish Third Division[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Albion/s1tab.jpg"]10/11[/url]

Archived