FM10 Small Club to Big Club Big Euro Nation Challenge

Good news rlips. Guess that comes with the back to back solid seasons in Serie B. Now go and spend it wisely and DON'T blow half your budget on an average Argentinian winger otherwise those fans will turn!! Trust me ;)

iacovone, that comment about spending money on Argentinian wingers.... Guess what i've signed...... :D

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Razer82 – Associacao Desporitvo de Fafe – Portuguese Liga Sagres – 2015/2016

Liga Sagres – Media Prediction – 10th – Actual – 4th

Portuguese Cup – Semi Final – Lost 3-1 to Sporting

Portuguese League Cup2nd place – 3rd Round Group A

Team Stats

Transfers

Top Scorer: Alberto (25)

Top Assists: Jose Maria (16)

After a wonderful debut season in Liga Sagres, I was sort of hoping for more of the same this year but we didn’t start well. We took 3 games to register a win and then we were hit by the curse of the big teams. Not being able to get past the big sides is certainly going to be a problem.

We seem to be able to deal with the teams at our level with relative ease which is very much the reason why we’re able to push ourselves towards the top of the table. Its just going to take a very long time to break into the top 3.

The league cup ended at the group stage as it always seems to do, but once again it’s the big sides that are holding us back in this respect. Once we’re able to avoid them in our group we could progress to the Semi finals & take home some more prize money.

Our run in the Portuguese Cup was our best yet. Wins over lower league opposition were sandwiched around a win of Nacional da Madeira before a comfortable 3-1 win in the 6th round sent us into our first semi-finals. A goalless draw in the first leg with Sporting gave me hopes of maybe stealing our way into the final but of course, the curse of the big teams struck. A 3-1 defeat ended our superb cup run.

Our fantastic league finish will see Fafe in the Euro Cup next season.

Savona's Dino Ferretti goes back in time to take over U.S. Angri Calcio

Yes that's right. I have found a team in Italy called Angri :D. They play here:

Tribuna_2.jpg

which has a beautiful mountainous backdrop. Angri is situated on the west coast of the Italian mainland about halfway down the 'boot' so to speak. It is the home of Al Capone's mother too! There are estimated to be just over 30,000 inhabitants - all of whom I intend to show European football :)

That's it for now, I hope to do a pre-season summary at some point. Good to be back!!

good luck, i had a lot of fun with Angri until my save corrupted when my comp crashed mid-save...

ill be keen to see how you get on :)

what a beautiful stadium backdrop, wouldn't you just love to play 19:45 kick-offs in August there.....

A cunning ploy indeed...let the opposition get lost in admiration of the view while you roll the ball into an unguarded net....it might just be crazy enough to work :p

It really is beautiful isn't it? I think its Brescia who play with a similar backdrop too

Liechtenstein's national stadium isn't in too shabby a location either. Competing against our Angri friends. Checked out the Brescia backdrop, not bad but Angri and Liechtenstein win. Mind you Ajaccio have the Mediterranean sea as a background to their ground.

Sorry to devle off topic with which ground has the most beautiful locational backdrop ;)

not happy, chairman just accepted a measly 1.2 million from Bayern Munich for my star player, Luca Caldirola :( i mean, i signed him on a free so from a business point of view its a good turn, but he was the rock in my defence, italian u-21 captain, big future ahead of him...just not at Lubeck i guess lol

Razer82 – Associacao Desporitvo de Fafe – Portuguese Liga Sagres – 2016/2017

Liga Sagres – Media Prediction – 7th – Actual – 4th

Portuguese Cup – 6th Round – Lost 5-3 on penalties to Vit Guimaraes

Portuguese League Cup – Semi Final – Lost 3-0 to Porto

Euro Cup – Group Stage – 4th in Group G

Team Stats

Transfers

Top Scorer: Alberto (22)

Top Assists: Adrian Vaquero (18)

The highlight of this season was always going to be our participation in the Euro Cup but I had to make sure that this didn’t have any effect on our domestic form.

We started the league well with 3 wins before coming up against Sporting & a heavy defeat. This would end up being the tale of our league season, good runs of wins brought to a halt by a run in with one of the big sides. With 2 games to go we had a chance of taking 3rd place, but our next opponents would champions Benfica, who did the job hammering us 5-0 to allow Porto to leap frog us for 3rd.

I would be annoyed about that if 3rd place secured a Champions League spot but as its still Euro Cup 4th place is still good enough.

The Euro Cup saw us enter in the 4th Qualifying Round against Wisla of Poland. A narrow 3-2 home win secured our progression into the Group Stage with an aggregate score of 4-3. The group stage itself turned into a wreck, Valencia, Everton & Steaua. Avoiding embarrassment would be a good result when it was all over. 2 draws & 4th place was all that we could manage. Still, we played a part & made some money.

As always we managed to ease our way through the first few rounds of Portuguese Cup but were not able to get ourselves past Vit Guimaraes, a side that we’d managed to beat twice in the league, swept past us on penalties.

The League Cup was a better experience as being in the Euro Cup placed us straight into the 3rd round Group Stage. This still didn't help us avoid one of the bigger sides, we had Sporting this time around. After beating the other two teams in the group we needed a draw with Sporting to progress, we managed to hold on for a 1-1 draw & progress was secured.

The semis were not a pretty affair, Porto our opponents, 3-0 the result.

Another European experience was secured this season, fingers crossed that we'll be able to do a bit better than this year.

n253915745713_7210.jpg

Venezia - Serie B - Pre-Season 2016/17

So the 2016/17 season is promising to be an historic one for Venezia as we finally move into our new 15,000 capacity "Collauto Park" in September. With this and the £6 million 'warchest' the chairman gave me, i feel that this could almost be as good a chance as any to date we have had in order to reach Serie A. As a result, i have splashed the cash on a number of new recruits in an attempt to help us reach the holy grail of Serie A.

Transfers

Here's a first glance at some of the key new signings:

Ricci - Italian U21 left back brought in from Crotone to replace Stoyanov. Good potential, he will compete with Herzog for the LB slot.

Lopez Martin - 17 year old Spanish import with bags of potential. Just had to sign him up from Villarreal.

Gangolf - Austrian LM i've been following for a few years. Finally able to sign him after his release by Palermo. A signing which excited the fans. High hopes for him.

Cannone - Argentine winger signed for £1.2 million. Good potential. Hopefully they prefer my Argentine than they did yours iacovone.....

Pablo - Another young Spaniard with bags of potential. Another 'must buy'.

Dimas - experienced Spaniard signed on pre-contract last winter to add competition to our midfield. Highly rated.

Dupuy - Another to add competition to the midfield. good player. We shall see how much game time he gets.

Danilo - My biggest outlay at £2.5 million. A bit of a gamble with the cash but rated as having potential of a good Serie A striker, so got the pedigree. One to watch i think.

Maresca - Italian striker signed for £1.7 million from brescia. highly rated and once i saw the stats, i couldn't resist signing him. a good player for his age.

I'm really happy with the squad i have now as it has plenty of depth to it. We have cover for every position. Hopefully the cover is enough to help us reach our objectives. The league started slowly with two defeats but we're off and running now a bit. Schmitt only has 1 goal in 8 games (:eek:) so he needs to find his form from last season and then we'll have a great chance.

FORZA LAGUNARI!!

Sorry I haven't been updating for a couple of weeks. Have had quite a few other things to do, and I haven't been playing FM that much, having only managed one main save season and a bit on the 'change of pace' save since my update a few weeks back. Plus I won't bore you with specifics but I've been finding myself lacking direction in terms of what I want to do on FM recently. I'll probably put the challenge to one side for a while and maybe return to it some other time. Nothing against the challenge itself as despite the fact things were looking bleak (formwise, financially and with losing) it's still been a very interesting experience, I think I just want to restore my focus on my main games.

Oh that is so freaking excellent I want to hi-5 you right now!!! Suprisingly Des, you look almost exactly how I imagined you to look (minus the glasses). What a fantastic purchase that is, I wonder if you'll ever get anyone in NZ comment/recognise the top :D

I think its safe to say if I bumped into anyone in London wearing a Fafe shirt I'd just shout out 'Des' or 'Lower Leagues Ruuuuuule'!! Top work :thup:

n253915745713_7210.jpg

Venezia - Serie B - End of Season 2015/16

Schmitt - What a season from the Belgian. Top Scored with 35 league goals and became the clubs leading goalscorer. Keeping him is a must.

What a difference a season makes.... 18 games into the season and he's scored 3 goals!! :eek: No idea why it's gone wrong for him - nothing has changed at all.... :( Luckily my other strikers are trying to make up for it.....

FC_Libourne_Saint-Seurin_L_Isle-log.gif

FC Libourne-Saint-Seurin, 2025-26, Ligue 1

League Position - 7th: Past Positions

Squad

Transfers

Summary

Well, I'm not quite sure how that happened. In the summer I sold Neizinho (CB), Gigli (ML), Brun (GK) and Olivieira (CB) for a combined total of 7.6M (admittedly Gigli was on a BOSMAN, but he's still a notable inclusion). I replaced these players with Stephen Sharp (ML) from St Pats Athetlic for less than 300K, Erik Vorm (GK) for 1.3M, Kosic (CB) for 1.4M as well as bright prospect Kalkan Ayatc (LB) for 1.9M. As it turned out Kosic turned out to be a homesick cretin, so I sold him in January for 1.3M (a 100k loss!) and replaced him with Vladimir Stokic for 2.5M. That signing would have been necessary regardless as I also sold want-away star CB Alexandr Mit'kin for a very good price of 6.5M. The league this season was sensationally close, only 16 points seperating 1st and 10th, 10 games ago this was only 11 points! A 7th place finish though is an incredible achievement, we were only 2 places and 2 points off of European football!

Onze de départ

GK: Erik Vorm, 24, Holland- The new man who replaced Brun. He's actually significantly better than Brun so Brun's departure turned out to benefit the team after all.

DR: Bart Theis, 24, Belgium - He had a reasonable season at right back. He's one of the guys that if I can find someone significantly better than him, I will replace him.

DL: Aytac Kalkan, 22, Turkey - The young Turk had a decent first season for the club. His current ability is not very good for this division, but he has the potential to be a good player so I thought it wouldn't hurt to make him 1st choice and see him improve.

DC: Vladimir Stokic, 23, Serbia - He was signed in January as a replacement for players who had left. He struggled to settle at first but he's got good ability so hopefully next season he will have improved.

DC: Mateo Lacroix, 21, France - He's a good player and had a pretty decent season. I hope as time goes on he will become better and more experienced, it's always nice to be able to play French players.

MR: Jérôme Hebert, 24, France - Another good season for the homegrown hero.

ML: Stephen Sharp, 21, Scotland - A complete bargain at less than 300K. His on-field performances may not have been amazing but until I can find a quality ML he'll definitely be sufficient enogh.

MC: Martin Leitner, 25, Austria - He got a run in the team this year due to Sergio Marbus being injured a lot. He had his chance to impress me but I still think Marbus brings more to the table. If I can bring someone in to replace Marbus when he eventually retires/gets crap, then I will rather than use Leitner.

MC: Matthieu Causse, 29, France - With captain Sergio Marbus plagued with injuries this season, Causse became the main man in the center of midfield. He made 10 assists and scored 6 goals, a great contribution!

ST: Alberto, 32, Spain - The experienced Spanish striker did very well in his first full season, scoring 13 goals.

ST: Razvan Ionica, 28, Romania - Another good season for the Romanian striker, his goals were crucial in our fantastic league performances. He was joint 4th top scorer yet again in Ligue 1.

-

Official Fans Player of the Year - Erik Vorm

Unofficial Young Player of the Year - Mateo Lacroix

Career Overview

Season     League   Position   Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11  National    4th       None
2011/12  National    5th       None
2012/13  National    7th       None
2013/14  National    2nd       Promoted 
2014/15  Ligue 2    18th       Relegated
2015/16  National    3rd       Promotion
2016/17  Ligue 2    13th       None
2017/18  Ligue 2    12th       None
2018/19  Ligue 2     7th       None
2019/20  Ligue 2     6th       None
2020/21  Ligue 2     1st       Promoted as Champions
2021/22  Ligue 1     18th      Relegated
2022/23  Ligue 2     1st       Promoted as Champions
2023/24  Ligue 1     13th      None
2024/25  Ligue 1     15th      None
2025/26  Ligue 1     7th       None

[b][size=3][u]Trophies won:[/u][/size]

[/b][size=2]Ligue 2 (x2) - 2020/21[/size] & 2022/23

What a difference a season makes.... 18 games into the season and he's scored 3 goals!! :eek: No idea why it's gone wrong for him - nothing has changed at all.... :( Luckily my other strikers are trying to make up for it.....

Similar thing happened at Castillo for me. Axel Elgh scored almost a goal a game in his first year, picking up signing of the season. IIRC he scored 1 goal in ~30 appearances! No idea what happened.

Similar thing happened at Castillo for me. Axel Elgh scored almost a goal a game in his first year, picking up signing of the season. IIRC he scored 1 goal in ~30 appearances! No idea what happened.

it's really frustrating. it's not like last season was his first good one. He's had a few good seasons and is clubs all-time top scorer. now he can't score for toffee!!

I have no idea Rlips, I am very slow at the moment. I now have a week off work, so I am hoping to get some FM time in. As for the rest I am not sure it just sort of fell off.

it's a shame. we have some good interest and games going.... Come back people!!

Well after 11 games we were 16th & Last in the Liga Vitalis, yet in the end we missed out on Promotion in the 76th minute of the final game. We drew our final game 2:2 and a win would've taken us up to the Liga Sagres, a gutting end after a shocking start to the season. Update to come.

Des Tiny's

Lusitano de Evora

lusitano_de_evora_home.png

End of Season

2015/16 Liga Vitalis

The Current Season

A very short quick update of 2015/16 before I return to my normal effort for the 2016/17 season.

The Quick Reference

Predicted: 8th

Actual: 4th

Portuguese Cup: 4th Round

League Cup: 3rd Round - 3rd Group B

The Club's History

League Records

|----------|----------|-----------|----------|--------------|
|  Season  |  League  | Final Pos | Playoffs | Achievements |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4647693&postcount=2810"]2010/11[/url] |   2DS    |    [url="http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/1156/portugueseseconddivisio.png"]6th[/url]    |          |     None     |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4669085&postcount=2856"]2011/12[/url] |   2DS    |    [url="http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1156/portugueseseconddivisio.png"]1st[/url]    |    [url="http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1156/portugueseseconddivisio.png"]2nd[/url]   |   Promoted   |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4687627&postcount=2883"]2012/13[/url] |    LV    |    [url="http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1156/portugueseseconddivisio.png"]8th[/url]    |    N/A   |     None     |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4693906&postcount=2918"]2013/14[/url] |    LV    |    [url="http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/8594/ligavitalis.png"]3rd[/url]    |    N/A   |     None     |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4735466&postcount=3041"]2014/15[/url] |    LV    |    [url="http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6752/ligavitalis14.png"]3rd[/url]    |    N/A   |     None     |
|  2015/16 |    LV    |    4th    |    N/A   |     None     |

Goals Home & Away

|----------|----------|---------|---------|-------|
|  Season  |  League  |  Home   |  Away   | Total |
|  2010/11 |   2DS    |  36-15  |  18-29  | 54-44 |
|  2011/12 |   2DS    |  39-10  |  31-20  | 70-30 |
|  2012/13 |    LV    |  33-22  |  20-25  | 53-47 |
|  2013/14 |    LV    |  27-17  |  26-19  | 53-36 |
|  2014/15 |    LV    |  34-16  |  25-21  | 59-37 |[/font][/font][/color][/font][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Times New Roman][font=verdana][color=#000000][font=Times New Roman][font=verdana]
|  2015/16 |    LV    |  41-14  |  20-22  | 61-35 |[/font][/font][/color][/font][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Times New Roman][font=verdana][color=#000000][font=Times New Roman][font=verdana] |----------|----------|---------|---------|-------|

Win-Draw-Loss Records

[color=#000000][font=Times New Roman][font=verdana][color=#000000][font=Times New Roman][font=verdana]|----------|----------|----------|----------|----------|
|  Season  |  League  |   Home   |  Away    | Total    |
|----------|----------|----------|----------|----------|
|  2010/11 |   2DS    | 10-03-02 | 05-01-09 | 15-04-11 |
|  2011/12 |   2DS    | 13-03-01 | 07-06-04 | 20-10-05 |
|  2012/13 |    LV    | 09-01-05 | 03-07-05 | 12-08-10 |
|  2013/14 |    LV    | 07-06-02 | 08-04-03 | 15-10-05 |
|  2014/15 |    LV    | 11-04-00 | 07-03-05 | 18-07-05 |[/font][/font][/color][/font][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Times New Roman][font=verdana][color=#000000][font=Times New Roman][font=verdana]
|  2015/16 |    LV    | 11-02-02 | 04-03-08 | 15-05-10 |[/font][/font][/color][/font][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Times New Roman][font=verdana][color=#000000][font=Times New Roman][font=verdana] |----------|----------|----------|----------|----------|
[/font][/font][/color][/font][/font][/color]

The Players

The Squad

Gregorio

Fernandez

Motta

Ouaddou

Kaiser

Leao

Jehl

Koster

Lopes

Semprini

Rodriguez

Taouil

Saracino

Manuel

Federici

Perez Rojo

Abraham

Afonso

Visentin

Galiano

Willian

Franjic

The Awards

Fans PotY: Guilherme Afonso

Razer82 – Associacao Desporitvo de Fafe – Portuguese Liga Sagres – 2017/2018

Liga Sagres – Media Prediction – 6th – Actual – 2nd

Portuguese Cup – Semi Final – Lost 7-2 on agg to Benfica

Portuguese League Cup – Semi Final – Lost 4-1 to Benfica

Euro Cup – 1st Knockout Round – Lost 5-4 on agg to Lokomotiv Moscow

Team Stats

Transfers

Top Scorer: Alberto (26)

Top Assists: Adrian Vaquero (30)

We started the league season with a fantastic run of 13 games unbeaten, including taking a 1-1 away to Porto. The run was brought to an end by back to back defeats to Benfica & Sporting. We were able to get back to our best form after the two defeats and continued the rest of the season with only one more defeat, again to Benfica. This was still not enough to guarantee us Champions League football.

We were 2 points ahead of Sporting with two games to go, the first was away to Sporting. A thrilling 2-2 draw followed & our fate was in our own hands. A win at home to Naval would do & with Sporting playing Benfica I was hopeful we’d be able to hold onto second. We managed to hold up our end of the deal winning 2-1 so Sporting’s 2-1 win was irrelevant. Fafe were heading into the Champions League.

This seasons cup runs saw us making it to the Semi finals in both competitions, where we would unfortunately come up against Benfica – the one team we’ve never beaten. A straight 4-1 defeat in the League Cup & then a 7-2 agg defeat ended our Portuguese Cup run. Until we can get past Benfica, I don’t see us ever winning either of these competitions.

Our Euro Cup run nearly came to end at the first hurdle when we needed penalties to get past Maccabi Haifa. This put us into a group with AEK, IFK Goteborg & Juventus. Two losses to Juventus were pretty much certain from the outset we would have to take things from the other two sides to have a chance of qualifying.

A win & a draw against both AEK & IFK allowed us to take second place in the group & secure progression to the Knockout Round. A narrow 2-1 defeat to Lokomotiv in the home leg meant that we weren’t quite out of things yet. We managed to get ourselves into a winning position holding a 3-2 lead on the night & being in the winning position on away goals. With 10 minutes to go, an equalising goal ended our European hopes for this season.

With Champions League football secured for next season, things are very much on the up for Fafe, some squad improvement will be needed in order to make some progress in the competition & to also help our chances of getting past the bigger domestic sides.

n253915745713_7210.jpg

Venezia - Serie B - Season Review 2016-17

Media Prediction: 13th

League Finish: 2nd Graph

So, as you may have gathered, this was the season we made it into Serie A, at the third attempt. The season saw us consistently in the top 7 or 8, and most of that was in the top 6. The league was always close and we regularly swapped positions between us. However, in the final third of the season we hit some form and ended up going 11 games unbeaten at the end of the season. A 5-2 home win over Ascoli clinched promotion on the penultimate day and the fans went wild in the Collauto Park as Venezia reached the holy grail of Serie A.

Transfers

Squad 1 squad 2

Time to have a look at some of the players who drove us on to promotion:

Goalkeepers

Guarna - The experienced Italian again dominated the Gk jersey, and played consistently well. Kept us in a number of matches with some superb saves.

Full Backs

Vollborn - Austrian RB pretty much secured the RB slot, despite some competition from Vanaschan. Did well, we shall see if he can handle the step up.

Herzog - Following the departure of Stoyanov, i was a little concerned about the LB spot, but i needent have been as the young German put in some great appearances. Lost his spot late on to injury and the form of Martin.

Lopez Martin - The young Spaniard came into the team late on and gave us some great performances.

Centre Backs

Kostadinov - The Bulgarian was unhappy at not being able to leave in the summer and refuses to sign a new deal. Some great performances though, i am hoping he will sign a new contract after promotion, or he'll be on his way this summer.

Alcibiade - Some ill-discipline affected him this season and he found his place under serious threat. May not make the step up.

Leinonen - I decided in the winter i needed cover at Cb, so i signed this Finn. Turned out to be a great signing as we were nearly watertight with him in the line up.

Aramayo - Also got a run in the team this season, the young Spaniard impressing at times.

Wingers

Cannone - My risky Argentine with the dual nationality passport was my player of the season. Foe one so young he settled inimmediately and contributed regularly with goals and assists. Unfortunately his head has been turned and he wants to leave.

Camolese - Club captain just about kept his place this season despite threat from Gangolf. Serie A might be tough for him thouh.

Gangolf - Played well at times but a little inconsistent.

Midfielders

Koke - Our best player - simple as that. To have a chance in Serie A we need to keep him.

Saumel - Experienced Austrian found his place threatened by the young spaniards. Will probably need his experience next season.

Pablo - formed a great partnership with Koke in the run in. Showed his potential.

Strikers

Schmitt - Had a well documented poor season by his standards, he at least upped his game after Christmas

Orosz - Club top scorer this season. Most of his goals were scored before Christmas however.

Maresca - Took a long time to settle, but once he did he put in some great performances. interested to see how he gets on in Serie A

Finances

Financially we made a loss this season mainly due to the transfer spend. Hopefully Serie A football will set us up ifnancially.

The coming Season

A quick look at last seasons Serie A shows AC Milan as champions. Interestingly Inter, Roma and Juventus failed to make the CL places. Genoa have been there for a few seasons now, so they ar the dark horse. Based on this season, i'm going to need to win a third of my games - a tall order

Targets

SURVIVE - simple as that. going to be really tough though.

FORZA LAGUNARI!!!!

Career History

[/color][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana][color=green]Season   League      Pos.  Serie C Cup  Cup       Europe         Achievements[/color][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana][color=green]_________________________________________________________________________________________________[/color][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana][color=green]2010/11  Serie C2/A  2nd   group stage  N/A       N/A             Lost in play-off semis[/color][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana][color=green]2011/12  Serie C2/A  3rd    group stage  N/A.      N/A            Promotion in playoffs[/color][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana][color=green]2012/13  Serie C1/A  8th   N/A             2nd Qual. N/A            None[/color][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana][color=green]2013/14  Serie C1/A  1st   Winners      3rd Qual.  N/A            Serie C1/A Champions, Serie C Cup, Serie C Super Cup[/color][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana][color=green]2014/15  Serie B     9th    N/A              3rd Qual. N/A            None[/color][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana][color=green]2015/16  Serie B     9th     N/A             2nd Qual   N/A            None[/color][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana][color=green]2016/17  Serie B     2nd     N/A             3rd Qaul.  N/A            Promotion[/color][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana][color=green]

Razer - A great season there from the Fafeful good to see them back at the top of the leagues, good luck in the new season.

Rlipscombe - Congrats on making it to the top league, and my latest season update is about an hour away, I just need to put it together. We were 16th after 11 games, and missed 2nd by a single point.

Des Tiny's

Lusitano de Evora

lusitano_de_evora_home.png

End of Season

2016/17 Liga Vitalis

The Current Season

The Quick Reference

Predicted: 8th

Actual: 3rd

Portuguese Cup: 4th Round vs Espinho

League Cup: 1st Round vs Santa Clara - Leg 1 - Leg 2

Finances: 1.5M (21st Por)

Season Tickets: 381

The Squad: Squad 1 & 2

Transfers: 2015/16 & 2016/17

The Season in General

Well financially the only thing keeping us up was the board continuously injecting money, our team is in financial hell and it as always in Portugal is impossible to make money at this point. I will try to change that, but most likely it will keep going down until I get into Liga Sagres. The transfers as always continued, we do have a few in and out each season, but I really hope that I can keep a more continuous line-up this season.

The League

As the Position Graph shows, we started very poorly, had a small improvement in September, but then plummeted to be last after the first 11 games of the season. I knew if this continued we would be out of the league, and I would lose my job. I decided to remove all pressure from my team and that made a huge difference as the turn around began, because it was still close we actually still had a chance at promotion. In the second half a few changes led us up the table and the hunt was on, with 5 games to go we were 7pts back and April MoM for 5 straight wins made all the difference. with 3 games to go it was 5pts and then we defeated Gil Vicente to make the gap 2pts with 2 games left, it was the same as we entered the final game. Though a gutting 75th minute equaliser from the opposition meant we would miss out and spend another season in Liga Vitalis.

Player Stats

The Cups

We were very disappointing in both cups this season, although we did make an appearance on bother Players Stats pages which was a little bit of a shock.

Player Stats League Cup

Player Stats Portuguese Cup

The Club's History

League Records

|  Season  |  League  | Final Pos | Playoffs | Achievements |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4647693&postcount=2810"]2010/11[/url] |   2DS    |    [url="http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/1156/portugueseseconddivisio.png"]6th[/url]    |          |     None     |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4669085&postcount=2856"]2011/12[/url] |   2DS    |    [url="http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1156/portugueseseconddivisio.png"]1st[/url]    |    [url="http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1156/portugueseseconddivisio.png"]2nd[/url]   |   Promoted   |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4687627&postcount=2883"]2012/13[/url] |    LV    |    [url="http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1156/portugueseseconddivisio.png"]8th[/url]    |    N/A   |     None     |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4693906&postcount=2918"]2013/14[/url] |    LV    |    [url="http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/8594/ligavitalis.png"]3rd[/url]    |    N/A   |     None     |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4735466&postcount=3041"]2014/15[/url] |    LV    |    [url="http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6752/ligavitalis14.png"]3rd[/url]    |    N/A   |     None     |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4897020&postcount=3290"]2015/16[/url] |    LV    |    [url="http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/3581/ligavitalis9.png"]4th[/url]    |    N/A   |     None     |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4901543&postcount=3295"]2016/17[/url] |    LV    |    [url="http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/4115/ligavitalis6.png"]3rd[/url]    |    N/A   |     None     |

Goals Home & Away

|  Season  |  League  |  Home   |  Away   | Total |
|  2010/11 |   2DS    |  36-15  |  18-29  | 54-44 |
|  2011/12 |   2DS    |  39-10  |  31-20  | 70-30 |
|  2012/13 |    LV    |  33-22  |  20-25  | 53-47 |
|  2013/14 |    LV    |  27-17  |  26-19  | 53-36 |
|  2014/15 |    LV    |  34-16  |  25-21  | 59-37 |
|  2015/16 |    LV    |  41-14  |  20-22  | 61-36 |
|  2016/17 |    LV    |  39-14  |  23-21  | 62-35 |

|  Season  |  League  |   Home   |  Away    | Total    |
|  2010/11 |   2DS    | 10-03-02 | 05-01-09 | 15-04-11 |
|  2011/12 |   2DS    | 13-03-01 | 07-06-04 | 20-10-05 |
|  2012/13 |    LV    | 09-01-05 | 03-07-05 | 12-08-10 |
|  2013/14 |    LV    | 07-06-02 | 08-04-03 | 15-10-05 |
|  2014/15 |    LV    | 11-04-00 | 07-03-05 | 18-07-05 |
|  2015/16 |    LV    | 11-02-02 | 04-03-08 | 15-05-10 |
|  2016/17 |    LV    | 11-01-03 | 05-04-06 | 16-05-09 |

1st Half vs 2nd Half

|  Season  |  League  |   Open   |  Close   | Total    |
|  2016/17 |    LV    | 06-02-07 | 10-03-02 | 16-05-09 |

Club Records & Competition History

New Records: Top Goalscorer: Gomis 29, Most Goals in Match: Gomis 4, Most Assists: Afonso 21, Most Career League Appearances: Manuel 143, Most Career League Goals: Afonso 43, Highest Transfer Paid: 16k (Popo), Highest Fee Received: 100k (Kaiser).

All Records: Part 1 & 2.

Competition History: 2nd Division South - Winners 2012, Liga Vitalis - 3rd 2014,2015,2017, Reserves Group 3 - 3rd 2017

The Players

The Squad

Current Teams Stats: This Season & Evora Career.

Goalkeepers

31. Mohamed Taouil - The young goalkeeper stepped into the starting role this season, he had a poor start as we conceded a lot. In January the difference was clear as we won 10 of the final 15 games and his effort in goal was an amazing part of that. He looks to improve in 2017.

30. David - He was brought in as the number one option, but really never got a shot. Heading off in July.

Right Backs

36. Ander Suarez Rodriguez - The top star of my back line for a few years has now been dropped to the bench, but when he makes an appearance whether at DR or DC he shows his class and I cannot dispute him being a part of the side.

63. Oier Torres - Without a doubt my best January signing, Torres came in and showed what having a top class Right Back could do for a side, his skill at the back was a major reason why we did so well in the second half of the season. If we can hold onto him it will be a huge step towards promotion next season. At only 21 he is clearly going a long way as well.

62. David Borrego - A rather disappointing signing, he was supposed to be as good as Torres and better than Rodriguez, but he was useless. Only featured in a couple of games and will be leaving in July.

Left Backs

17. Gabriele Federici - One of the best left backs in the league, he is only 24 and already showing great skill all around the park. As the second most capped Evora player he is sure to have many years ahead of him, hopefully we can hold onto him for Evora, he will form part of the core of the team.

26. Alberto Domenech - The back up to Federici is solid, but nothing more. He was good enough when he came off the bench, but really he is not good enough for this team, there are two more left full backs coming in July, and clearly I cannot fit 4 of them in my team, either move to DC or leave.

Centre Backs

7. Sebastian Visentin - He dropped to 5th best in the centre backs list this season and barely made the team, he is likely to leave in July if I can find a better replacement.

6. Diego Galiano - His age is holding him back now, and as such he is also looking for greener pastures in the new season, but losing both my back-ups means I need some more cover.

5. Alberto Fernandez Gonzalez - The 20 year old was a great find and he stepped into the starting line-up to great effect. A champion central defender, he managed to team up well and a rating over 7 is always a good sign.

3. Darko Franjic - The other guy to step into the starting line-up in the new season, Franjic took over Galiano's role and took a few headers from corners. At 24 the Croatian looks like a good chance to cement a spot at the back, but we need some back-ups for the new year.

Right Wings

47. Matteo Jehl - He missed 9 total weeks this season with 4 seperate injuries, but in the 22 games he played in he backed up my support of him. The 23 year old Frenchman has got a lot of skill on the right wing, if he can stay fit we will have a superior advantage down the right side of the park.

41. Pablo Santiago - The youngster came in as a possible replacement to Jehl, but he was never up to standard, and will leave in July as I hope to bring in a replacement, or Popo will cover.

Left Wings

99. Jose Saiz - He joined the club in January and stepped straight onto the left wing, he was better than what we had, but he did only have an acceptable season with a 6.91 rating, he needs to pick that up if we are going to gain promotion next season.

74. El Mehdi Ouaddou - He started the season in control of the left wing slot, he lost that spot to Saiz in January, but he will most likely stick around and be given a few chances as his quality is still clear.

Centre Mids

43. Raphael Lopes - He actually was a super sub this season, and he cracked 100 appearances for Evora during the year. He played more on the left than in the middle, but he is able to cover right across which is what keeps him in the line-up over others who could do better in one position or another. He will be leaving in July though.

23. Jose Manuel - Without a doubt the star of the team, Manuel is solid through the middle, good on defense, great on attack, he takes free kicks, and gives some great assistance to the strikers. At 24 he is looking to further his career elsewhere and will not re-sign a contract. I am hoping I can get him back onboard for at least another season as he will be the building point of my squad I believe.

13. Carlos Perez Rojo - Number 13 continues to play as a great cover in the middle, he is completely solid and no one can question his skills. He will keep his place in the team as long as he wants it.

44. Koen Koster - As the 5th or 6th best central midfielder he really got only a few chances this season, but he may end up getting more next season as a couple of contracts are about to expire. I am hoping to keep my whole group, but who knows.

55. Andre Leao - He may be 31, but he just keeps getting better. Featuring in 31 games alongside the younger Manuel he got 6 goals and 9 assists. Named as Man of the Match on 2 occasions. He is completely in control of the midfield and will hopefully keep his skill levels up as we head towards promotion.

22. Popo - He is a super-sub, can play right wing or through the middle, he is very solid at 29, I am in desperate need of a younger replacement for him and Leao, but until that time these two will keep us solid through the middle.

Strikers

88. Arsenio Bernard - He joined the club in july, but he was always going to be the third striker in the squad and just called up if Afonso or Gomes suffered injuries, he did very well as cover in his few appearances. A very solid back-up.

77. Marcel Gomis - The star signing of 2016, I pulled him to the club on a free in July and he showed exactly how to do it as the 29 year old Senegalese Striker scored 29 goals in 34 games to lead the team, a huge effort, and he also got his first call-up, but remained uncapped for his national side. Definitely staying for a while longer.

10. Guilherme Afonso - His goal-scoring dropped off a little bit this season, but he took the record for most career Evora Goals, and he continues to be great in combination with Gomis. These two will combine once more heading into 2017, and hopefully we will see more goals upfront.

The Best of the Best

The 100 Club

100club.jpg

Jose Manuel 179, Gabriele Federici 167,Deigo Galiano 151,Raphael Lopes 146, Sebastian Visentin 144, Carlos Perez Rojo 136, Guilherme Afonso 114, Jose Maria 113.

The Awards

Liga Vitalis

Player of Year: Manuel 2nd

Young PotY: Jehl 2nd.

Team of the Year: Franjic, Gomis, Manuel.

Top Goalscorer: Gomis (20)

Most MoM: Gomis 2nd (6)

Most Assists: Afonso 2nd (16)

Highest Avg Rating: Darko Franjic 7.35 (29 apps)

Signing of the Season: Marcel Gomis (free)

Manager of Month - Sept: Des Tiny 1st, Dec: Des Tiny 2nd, Apr: Des Tiny 1st.

Player of Month - Sept: Afonso 1st, Nov: Gomis 2nd, Dec: Manuel 2nd, Feb: Gomis 2nd, Apr: Leao 2nd.

Goal of Month - Sept: Afonso 3rd, Dec: Leao 1st, Manuel 3rd, Apr: Leao 2nd.

Portuguese Cup

Goal of Year: Gomis 2nd

Top Goalscorer: Gomis 3rd (6)

Most MoM: Afonso 3rd (2)

Evora

Fans PotY: Marcel Gomis

Best XI: Taouil, Rodriguez, Federici, Gonzalez, Franjic, Jehl, Lopes, Leao, Manuel, Gomies, Afonso.

Subs: David, Perez Rojo, Popo, Santiago, Saiz, Torres, Bernard.

Overall XI: Martins, Visentin, Federici, Galiano, Franjic, Jehl, Lopes, Perez Rojo, Manuel, Afonso, Wesllem.

Subs: Saracino, Maria, Leao, Ouaddou, Rodriguez, Semprini, Willian.

Where are they now?

Evora: Visentin, Federici, Galiano, Franjic, Jehl, Lopes, Perez Rojo, Manuel, Afonso, Leao, Ouaddou, Rodriguez, Semprini.

Other Clubs: Martins (Boavista), Wesllem (Santa Clara), Saracino (Catania), Maria (Estoril), Willian (Aves).

The Next Season

Aims

New Season

1. Promotion

2. Make SFs of Cup

3. Make 3rd Round League Cup

4. Actual aim for points (60)

5. Break LV Goals Record (62)

Rest of the report to be updated soon. Thanks all.

It really has to be next season, Four season that close to it is just gutting. I am improving my team every season, and now most are rated as good players for Liga Sagres, so hopefully a long time here will make the step-up a little easier ;)

And a 3 year Contract extension takes me through to 2020 with the club.

Sounds like everything is in place and that all you need is a good start and a bit of luck.

As for me, i'm working my way through pre-season trying to strengthen for our debut Serie A season. been a few in and quite a few out so far as i try to improve the quality. Going to be tough mind.

Archived