FM10 Small Club to Big Club Big Euro Nation Challenge

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1) There is no reset date per se, because it is just whoever finishes last in the league, there is no relegation from the third division. So to get a new team to finish last you would have to reholiday from pretty early. June 1st is about the last day of the previous season I believe.

2) You should untick the dafuge challenge ddt file as it will keep players in england that you will have an advantage with.

Thanks LLR

I've unticked the Dafuge DDT and added the Scottish one......... after a couple of reloads it looks like I too, will be joining an Elgin attempt!!

Have you managed to get a parent club Jack? In my first season at Montevarchi I asked the board for one and got Fiorentina and that was a great help in getting loans in the first couple of seasons. Some I was able to get for 2 or 3 seasons in a row so it gave the side some semblance of being settled.

The other tip would be get your scouts off to Spain, nigh on half my team are Spanish now, great players who are either free or available at knock down prices.

i agree completely. there are lots of Spaniards out there who are good and would apparently love to play in the Italian lower leagues.....

Thanks lads I'll have a good luck at Spain right now.

I have Livorno as a feeder club from the start but to be honest they have only given me one player,I'll try the board again for another parent club. Fingers crossed ;)

The feeder club search didn't come up with any club,maybe if I cut my ties with Livorno they may look at someone else ?

I took the advise about the Spanish market and I signed a few free transfers,the fans are well pleased even before they've kicked a ball.

Asier - Young keeper from Tenerife http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/9432/asier.jpg

Jose Maria Cases - 25 year old midfielder from Valencia http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/2115/josemariacases.jpg

I also got this youth player on a free from one of the Italian trial days http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/8223/varrielle.jpg :D 16 years old and my ass man regards him as the most important player in my squad ! (hope thats a good thing)

Just started my third season and its going very well so far,I've qualified for the next round of the seria C cuup at the third time of asking.Also beat Pisa in my first league game,so hopefully a great season beckons :thup:

I was recommended Cases to help a player settle. Never did try to buy him tbh.

Just lost Filkor for 15m!

Trying to bring in Agbonglahor or Delfouneso in. Need somebody to partner Seleznyov

Try Gallardo, he's been awesome for me! In my game he was released by Real Madrid early doors and he's got better and better for me.

Des Tiny's

Lusitano de Evora

lusitano_de_evora_home.png

End of Season

2010/11 2nd Division South

The Current Season

The Quick Reference

Predicted: 7th

Actual: 6th

Portuguese Cup: 3rd Round vs Vit. Setubal

Finances: 1.5M (Huge Losses)

The Squad

Transfers: Part 1 & Part 2

The Season in General

Well the first job was to rebuild my entire squad, I did this by bringing in a bunch of aging superstars, none of them looked like they would be stellar performers. All I wanted this season was to avoid relegation and look to push into a safe top half finish. We were over wage budget early, so I tried to sell off the reserves, but I could never get below it and we were losing bucketloads of money the whole year. It also means I am unable to sign replacements until the others start leaving in June.

The League

Well we started off well falling into third after the first game, we had a dip in the middle of the season, and with ten games to go there was only 3 points seperating 2nd and 8th, but we had confirmed that we would not be relegated, I was rather disappointed as we only went 4-3-3 through those final ten games to finish off 6th, a disappointing end to a promising season. We did have Jose Maria as the top assist man in the division, but all around the weakness of our team was defending. In the league we scored 54 goals (4th), but we allowed 44 goals (10th) and that was purely the reason behind our being 6th and not in the top 3.

Player Stats

The Cup

Well the board wanted us to make the 2nd round of the Portuguese Cup and we did this with ease as in the first round we faced lower league side Aliados, we defeated them 2:1 and moved on to face 3rd Division side Pescadores, this game was even easier as we took them down 2:0, then we had our biggest match and had to travel to Vit. Setubal (Liga Vitalis) for the third round, we held them out for 25 minutes, but once they scored they added a quick triple and by halftime we were down 3:0 and that was how it finished as we took the game to them in the second half and dominated, but were unable to score.

The Club's History

League Records

|----------|----------|-----------|--------------|
| Season | League | Final Pos | Achievements |
| 2010/11 | 2DS | [url="http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/1156/portugueseseconddivisio.png"]6th[/url] | None |

Goals Home & Away

|----------|----------|---------|---------|-------|
| Season | League | Home | Away | Total |
| 2010/11 | 2DS | 36-15 | 18-29 | 54-44 |

Win-Draw-Loss Records

|----------|----------|----------|----------|----------|
| Season | League | Home | Away | Total |
| 2010/11 | 2DS | 10-03-02 | 05-01-09 | 15-04-11 |

Club Records & Competition History

New Records: Highest Attendance 583, Biggest Win 4:0, Biggest Defeat 4:1, Highest Scoring Game 5:2, Winning Streak 4, Losing Streak 2, Unbeaten Streak 4, Top Goalscorer: Nilton 18, Top League Goalscorer: Nilton 18, Most Goals in a Match: Alves 3, Most Assists: Jose Maria 17, Most MoM: Jose Maria 5, Worst Discipline: Franco 6Y 3R, Most League Goals: Nilton 18, Youngest Player: Djibril 20y 231d, Oldest Player: Zito 39y 176d.

All Records

Competition History

The Players

The Squad

Current Teams Stats: This Season & Evora Career.

Goalkeepers

31.Miguel - He got a few games late in the season, and he was pretty terrible when he was in there, he conceded too many goals, and after 4 games was replaced again, by the guy I saw as the best I had.

30.Jose Manuel - The best goalie I had all season, he was nothing to write home about, but he won us a few games on his own. He allowed waaay too many goals, so I am looking to find a replacement over the offseason and bring a new keeper in.

Right Backs

61.Brandao - He joined us in January and was a godsend, he tightened up the right hand side, and meant that Mauro was free to attack. Good in support, and better than out previous right back. Until he came along Right back had been cursed by injuries, no matter who I put in the slot they got injured within days.

62.Jorge Gueifao - We were extremely thin at right back, and Gueifao was the best I could find before the season started, all the other prospects headed to our competition so I had to settle. It took until January for me to find a replacement, and then Gueifao was on the bench. He had two injuries as well.

Left Backs

26.Mario Silva - The number 1 left back all season, he was completely solid and it is shown in his stats for the season. Except for a small injury he played every game.

37.Calu - The best back-up I had, he could play DC, DR or DL and he did everything with style. He was never the best in a position, but he always showed that he deserved to get time off the bench.

9.Amilcar Baia - When injuries struck down my defense he stepped up and played a few games off the bench.

Centre Backs

23.Franco - He was selected as captain, but after he kept piling up the cards and warnings and then fines I had to see him back to the bench, replaced by Ferreira in the starting line-up and he never again appeared after that. A disastrous choice on all fronts.

32.Helder Ferreira - He came in after Mauro was injured, and then following a spate of cards against Franco managed to keep his spot once Mauro returned, he was solid, but is not really good enough for me to gain promotion.

4.Mauro - The best of my centre backs, but at a level below what I need, he got over 7 in his average rating for the season, but he is probably going to be replaced for the new season.

56.Fabio Domingos - He got a few games during injuries, but he was always 4th on the pecking order and it shows in his stats.

Right Wings

27.Mauro - He played every single game on the right wing, Russo barely got a look in. With 3 goals and 6 assists he was good enough, and there is not much talent out there that is likely to displace him.

13.Russo - The young gun barely got a chance this season, if anyone is going to be able to displace Mauro it will be him, I have to say right wing is one of the stronger positions in the team right now.

Left Wings

72.Helder Costa - He started the season as the number one left wing, but after a run of 5 bad games he was replaced in the starting XI by Quaresma who showed a bit more skill and finished the season in the spot.

9.Quaresma - While neither of my left wings was anything to write home about, Quaresma managed to keep the spot after forcing his way into the team.

Centre Mids

7.Mamede - The man off the bench, with 16 appearances off the bench fo Evora he was always brought in to make an impact late in a game. He failed to do it on every occasion as he scored no goals, and got no assists.

20.Ruben Caetano - He was outshone in the midfield by Maria, but he still managed to put up 6 assists and grab an average rating just below 7, good play.

29.Pedro Ganhao - He also got splinters from so much time on the bench, but considering in his 13 appearances he did nothing for the team its not really a surprise.

22.Jose Maria - The star of the team, with 17 assists, 4 goals, and 5 MoM's he showed why he never lost his starting spot, he missed 1 game due to a suspension, and two due to injury, but other than that he started every game and helped our team achieve what they did.

Strikers

71.Nilton - Early on Nilton & Alves were swapping starts alongside Djibril, but as the season wound on they showed their class and became the starting pair. Nilton ended the season with 18 goals in a stellar season.

47.Mota - Nothing but a sub on occasion, he never showed any skill.

10.Antonio Alves - Once Alves guaranteed the starting spot nothing could stop hima s he netted 16 goals over the course of the season and managed to end up just behind Nilton as the teams top scorer.

17.Djibril - He started the season with 5 goals in his first 4 games, but then he had a drought which continued right through until the end of the season, disappointing really as I had thought he showed a lot of promise early on.

11.Magno - Late in the season he was given a couple of runs off the bench, but nothing came of it.

The Best of the Best

topplayers.jpg

The Awards

2nd Division

Most Assists: Jose Maria (14)

Signing of the Season: Nilton (free)

Worst Signing of the Season: Franco (free)

Evora

Fans PotY: Jose Maria

Best XI: Manuel, Gueifao, Silva, Mauro, Ferreira, Mauro, Costa, Caetano, Maria, Alves, Nilton.

Subs: Miguel, Quaresma, Mamede, Ganhao, Djibril, Calu, Mota.

The Next Season

Aims

Well I hope to be able to push for the title for next year, but I think finishing top 3 is a bit more realistic. I would like to make at least the third round of the Portuguese Cup once more, and try to improve the finances. I need to replace my defense and Goalie before the new season starts, but i think my strikers & midfield are of an acceptable level.

I was going to post about my great start, but decided not to because of the forum curse, but the curse struck in the very next game anyway. I started the season 4:0 & 4:0 in the Portuguese Cup against other 2nd Division teams, in the third round I face non-league opposition, then in my first 3 league games I went 3:2, 3:1, 5:0, so I was 2 pts clear at the top, my third game was the curse showing up as I went down 2:1 away from home. My new line-up though seems inspired, a new keeper, new right back, one new DC, a new MR, new MC and new ST, so 6 of my starting XI were replaced and they are gelling already.

Edit: And knocked out by the non-league team on penalties. We were up 2:0, they came back to make it 2:2, then we scored another, and they scored in the second half to lead the way. Penalties were lost when Perreira missed and their final one scored, we lose 5:4.

Well thought I would give everyone an update on where I am at, after a great evening playing I have managed to get through 14 of the 30 games in the league season and we still sit atop the league with 30pts, behind us the challengers are Mafra 28, U.Serra 25, Camacha 24, Then three teams on 22, one on 21, one on 20, 19, 18, 16 & The relegation bound teams are on 14,11,11 & 5.

Happy to be leading the league, but I am a little disappointed with a couple of the draws that really should've gone our way. So far it has been a stellar season from my new signings and we are going well. Financially we are still plummeting, but I am under wage budget this season.

Excellent start there Des. Hang in there.

I'll probably try in Germany next, unless people think somewhere else would be a better idea for me. Just that I have played very little in the past few days and haven't gone far into my 'main game' season. Eager to get back in and will probably play for most of the day so hopefully it won't be long.

deltablue - although i haven't tried Germany this year it does seem to be quite popular with those playing there.

as for me, my Venezia season is now complete. the review might be up tonight or if not will be tomorrow. not a bad 1st season in Serie B in end.

Right. I've just caught up with two pages of updates. Congratulations to everyone, in particular minisav who appears to be motoring through the divsions. I've not played yet this year, so I've not made any progress since last I saw you. I'll be getting back into it soon. Not really sure what has stopped me playing. I want to, just haven't got round to it. Maybe I'll fire the old girl up now. It's been too long since I've been to Romorantin!

Look forward to it rlipscombe. Are Venezia following in the footsteps of Savona/Como/Pisa/etc etc :D

without giving the whole game away, there's no Serie A football for Venezia just yet..... ;) review will most likely be tomorrow night now - going to do some pre-season planning tonight.

Right. I've just caught up with two pages of updates. Congratulations to everyone, in particular minisav who appears to be motoring through the divsions. I've not played yet this year, so I've not made any progress since last I saw you. I'll be getting back into it soon. Not really sure what has stopped me playing. I want to, just haven't got round to it. Maybe I'll fire the old girl up now. It's been too long since I've been to Romorantin!

Thank you :D

It is my style. I like consecutive promotions. I had that last year in Dafuge's challenge. I went from BSS to the Championships getting promoted each time XD Then FM10 came out. Hoping to actually complete this challenge.

Currently midtable after 20 odd games so I believe safety is pretty much set. Pity we just lost 6-0 to fellow midtablers Shalke :(

Well halfway through the season, 15 games gone 15 to go, we are still top of the league by 2 points, I have managed to offload 3 players at January 1st to get below wage budget by 500 Euros. I have two more I would like to leave totalling over 400 euros in wages, but one is getting contract offers, and the other has no interest from clubs, I have signed my starting XI + 2 young bench players for an extra year, re-signed my 20 Physio, and now looking forward to the rest of the league season, club has injected 130k so far this season, but we are still 280k in debt. I am also going to change my money to Pounds, I deal better in that currency. So 529 pounds free, 243k in debt, and 370 worth of excess wages right now.

Edit: Well first game after the break we scored 3 goals, but our captain and provider Jose Maria has gone with a dislocated shoulder for 2 months, and our star Centre Back Mauro is out for 2-3 weeks with a groin strain. This leaves us a little short, but we have ample cover. Biggest loss has to be Maria in the midfield, hopefully De Castris can live up to his billing and make the grade, at only 21 he could be a big star for us.

Edit 2: And then add Amarilla my other DC to the list and we are down two of them now, he is out with a virus for about 2 weeks.

And just days before the return of Silva we see De Castris injure his Cruciate ligaments and end his season completely. He will be out til December. After a very poor 2 months without Maria we went 3-0-0 in January, but then collapsed in February going 1-2-1, heading into March we are clear at the top by 3 points after leading by 8 at the beginning of Feb. With 8 games left the worst we can finish is 13th (Final relegation spot), and just a single point from those 8 games avoids relegation. After Evora (47), Mafra (44), the rest are a bit back as U.Serra (38), Paredes, Real Massama & Camacha (35), Pinhalnovense (34), Maritimo B & Tourizense (32) seem to be in a very tight battle behind us. Should be another good final race for the end of the season. And another 86k injected into the club as well.

Well with one game left I am still only 2 points clear, with the last three games being draws we could've won the league with a win in any of them. Now I am going to bed, but hopefully when I get home from work tomorrow I will be able to win the league, and then go on to try and achieve promotion in the three way playoff.

Will update later this evening in more detail, but just to say Pisa will be plying their trade on a European stage next season!

Out of curiosity has anyone else managed to sign or notice Ignacio Gallardo?

I shall explain more later, but he's been amazing for me the whole way through, starting with me in C2 and is now a star in Serie A. I'd be interested to know if anyone else has experience of him?

Will update later this evening in more detail, but just to say Pisa will be plying their trade on a European stage next season!

Out of curiosity has anyone else managed to sign or notice Ignacio Gallardo?

I shall explain more later, but he's been amazing for me the whole way through, starting with me in C2 and is now a star in Serie A. I'd be interested to know if anyone else has experience of him?

i expected nothing less cookie.... sounds like your review will steal the thunder from mine so to speak.... :rolleyes::D as for Gallardo, i haven't heard of him.... where does he start out at?

i expected nothing less cookie.... sounds like your review will steal the thunder from mine so to speak.... :rolleyes::D as for Gallardo, i haven't heard of him.... where does he start out at?

He was released by Real Madrid in my first season and i picked him for free. I'll do a bit of a piece on him tonight, you'll see why!

Iacovone - Not sure if you've heard of a young English ST, he sounds like he's got something very special about him. Goes by the name of Marcus Van Der Cook :cool:;)

Montevarchi Calcio Aquila - Italian Serie B 2014/15

Transfers - Another quietish season. Decided to milk the Co-Ownership deals for some money. The players I sold 50% of will probably struggle to be in the team by the time a deal has to be finalized so I'll bid low and see what happens.

Italian Serie B

Predicted: 12th | Final Position: Winners | Graph

We had a great start as we remained unbeaten until the 15th game building a 4pt lead at the top of the table. I'd been searching for a new GK all season as my main keeper, Ciobanu was average at best and his backup was poor so when Ciobanu was out for a month it was inevitable we'd see a dip in form. But despite dropping to 16th in the form table, Atalanta only managed to replace us at the top of the table for a single week before stumbling slightly to allow us regain the lead.

Our form remained average at best, particularly away from home where one win in 9 really should have seen us lose ground but our home form kept the points total ticking over. A couple of away wins and we looked to be back on track but an inexplicable capitulation away to Reggina where we lost 5-3 after being 3-1 up with just 30 minutes to play knocked us off top spot and our lead over 3rd was down to a single point. That seemed to knock the team completely as we had an awful run with all our defenders making mistakes leading to goals, averaging under 6 and generally being embarassing.

By the time we won again we were down to 3rd but a battling draw away to 1st place Bari who were on a 25 games unbeaten run saw us back into the promotion spots with 3 games to go. A win and a draw later, results elsewhere meant we were promoted with a game to spare. All that was left now was the Serie B title. We needed a win and had to hope Bari's 27 match unbeaten run would come to an end at 3rd place Parma. And that was exactly what happened as Parma trounced Bari 3-0 and we beat Gallipoli 3-1 to be crowned Serie B Champions.

Italian Cup - 4th Qualifying Round

Other News

Finances - pretty good thanks to my exploitation of teams desire to own 50% of some players while I benefit from having them still playing for us.

Club Records

Stars

Most Assists: Riccardo Riccitelli - 12

Most Goals: Paolo Negroni - 26

Most MoM: Paolo Negroni - 8

Highest Avg Rating: Domenico Oliveri - 7.21

Fan Player of the Year: Domenico Oliveri

Best Eleven: Season | Overall

Montevarchi Calcio Aquila Trophy Room

Serie B x 1 - 2014/15

Serie C1/A x 1 - 2012/13

Serie C Cup x 1 - 2012/13

Serie C2/B x 1 - 2010/11

Italian C1 Super Cup x 1 - 2012/13

Italian C2 Super Cup x 1 - 2010/11

Career History

Season   League      Pos.  Serie C Cup  Cup       Europe         Achievements
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
2010/11  Serie C2/B  1st   2nd Rnd      N/A       N/A            Serie C2/B Champions, C2 Super Cup
2011/12  Serie C1/A  7th   2nd Rnd      1st Qual. N/A            None
2012/13  Serie C1/A  1st   Winners      4th Qual. N/A            Serie C1/A Champions, Serie C Cup,
                                                                Italian C1 Super Cup
2013/14  Serie B     3rd   N/A          3rd Qual. N/A            None
2014/15  Serie B     1st   N/A          4th Qual. N/A            Serie B Champions

Next Season...Survive

1000000656.gif

2015 Season Review - Serie A

Following a really good first season in Serie A, finishing 13th, the aim was to try and push on and secure European football. The hefty transfer budget meant that i could really reinforce the current crop of Pisa players, whilst shedding some deadwood. (To see the recruits see my previous review) Well the season kicked off, and a mid table finish was the expectation, but as the season drew to a close we were pushing for European Football. The new players had finally gelled and we were managing to upset the odds and put together a really good string of results. Could we continue and push on for the Europa League?

Serie A League Table 2015 - http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/marcus_cook_2008/Picture3.png

European Qualification - http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/marcus_cook_2008/Picture4.png

Ok then, i led you on a little bit! :D

So Pisa managed to qualify for the Champions League after all!!! :cool:

Players

So here are the lads who managed a memorable season for the mighty Pisa.

Pereda - First up comes my new Spanish GK. He is a future star! I'm a little surprised he didn't get an International call up, but took the Serie A in his stride. He showed composure at a really young age, and surely will develop into a legendary GK for me. http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/marcus_cook_2008/Picture7.png

Keko - Another successful season for yet another Spaniard. He spent most of it as an AMRC as i tinkered with my tactics. Will he get a call up soon? http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/marcus_cook_2008/Picture10.png

McDonald Mariga - My Kenyan Midfielder had a storming first season for me and proved a real anchor in the middle of the park. He also had a knack of scoring screamers when we desperately needed a win. http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/marcus_cook_2008/Picture9.png

Salamanca - Another young Spaniard who i bought in to challenge Lima and Sukuta-Pasu for a starting position. He took the bull by the horns and by the end of the season was the one with the shirt. A handful of goals aided his cause too. http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/marcus_cook_2008/Picture11.png

and finally this guy...........

Ignacio Gallardo

This lad is the one that is single handedly taking Pisa to greatness. He was plucked from relative obscurity by yours truly when released by Real Madrid at the end of the first season. I offered him a professional contract and a chance to get his career on the move. He has just gone from strength to strength, and is improving every season. The only thing that surprises me is that he has never had any form of International recognition, at any age group. This season was by far his best and bagged the odd award for his troubles!

2015 Season Overview - http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/marcus_cook_2008/Picture8.png

Europe's Top Marksman - http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/marcus_cook_2008/Picture12.png

Serie A Player of the Season - http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/marcus_cook_2008/Picture1.png

Serie A Foreign Player of the Season - http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/marcus_cook_2008/Picture2.png

Serie A Team of the Year (with Pereda) - http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/marcus_cook_2008/Picture6.png

and here's his history profile to date:

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/marcus_cook_2008/hist.png

Aim: Conquer Europe and win Serie A :D

FC_Libourne_Saint-Seurin_L_Isle-log.gif

FC Libourne-Saint-Seurin, 2019-20, Ligue 2

League Position - 6th: Past Positions

Squad

Transfers

Summary

Another season of gradual progression. The only players I brought in this season were Kiril Nikolov a rotation/back up central defender, Zakaria Bathily a rotational fairly versatile midfielder and finally, Noah Harguindeguy a promising 18 year old left midfield player. The season as a whole was a promising one, we were never really in the playoff places, we were generally around 7 or 8 points away from 3rd place. One worrying thing is that we seem to be losing money, which is due to the fact each season the wage bill goes up a bit because the players get a bit better, it looks like we could go into next season 250K in debt, which wont do transfer budget/wage budget any good. I'm also interested to see if I get a decent Youth Player, I've only had 2 'Ligue 2' quality players come through in 10 years at the club, so maybe one is due.

Onze de départ

GK: Matthieu Dreyer, 31, Français - He's a good Goalkeeper for this division, he's not an exceptional one, but he's definitely good enough for my team. If I wanted someone significantly better I'd be looking in the 800/900K region, which is ridiculous.

DR: Jiri Svec, 20, Tchèque - He's probably the best player in the team. He's still quite young as well, so has the potential to become even better, my assistant thinks he could be a good Ligue 1 player in the future, which is promising.

DL: Alexandru Muscä, 22, Roumain - He's not as good as Svec on the right is, but like with our Goalkeeper, he's good for this League and it would cost a fortune to get anyone significantly better in.

DC: Michaël Blanc, 31, Français - He was decent, but not irreplaceable, and I would have been a fool to turn down the 800k or so I got for him.

DC: Sèbastien Fischetti, 29, Italien - He's been at the club since our first season in National after relegation. He's a good player, like with the Goalkeeper, he's good enough and would cost too much to get someone better in.

MR: Jérôme Hebert, 18, Français - The home grown talent had a good season at Right midfield. He didn't play all the time, but he had the most starts there. He's looking impressive, yet still has a lot of room for improvement.

ML: Noah Harguindeguy, 18, Français - The young midfielder was signed as rotation cover mainly, as I didn't have a left midfielder apart from Joaquim. He had a first season, he's decent, and could develop into a quality player for this league.

MC: Sergio Marbus, 27, Néerlandais - Captain fantastic himself! The strongest part of our team is central midfield, we have two, very good players for that position in my opinion. They are probably the two positions that I wouldn't replace even if I had the money to do so.

MC: Matthieu Causse, 23, Français - Just as good, if not better, than his slightly older midfield partner. As said above, the position that we are definitely strongest in imo.

ST: Vivaldy Joaquim, 25, Français - This season he was put back up-front. He did alright. Now onto the more interesting news. He has one year left on his Monaco contract, so if I can get Monaco to loan him to me for another season, then effectively, they will have paid 800K or so for just 12 games. Well, I can't see him signing a new contract, and when it does run out, surely he would join his favorite club and manager! You can't see this yet, but about 4 days after this screenshot was taken he declared himself eligible for The Congo and scored on his International debut. He's been eligble for them since the start of the game, but he's always only been interested in France, presumably now he's realised he isn't good enough, he should have a good International career for The Congo though.

ST: Vafougbe Dosso, 30, DR Congo - He was top scorer, but he wasn't amazing. I had expected more from him when I signed him last season. He's only 30, so has a few years ahead of him, but I'm not expecting much tbh.

-

Official Fans Player of the Year - Matthieu Causse

Unofficial Young Player of the Year - Jérôme Herbert

10th Season Update, A Special, Overall Best Eleven (as of end of this season)

Career Overview

Season     League   Position   Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11  National    4th       None
2011/12  National    5th       None
2012/13  National    7th       None
2013/14  National    2nd       Promoted 
2014/15  Ligue 2    18th       Relegated
2015/16  National    3rd       Promotion
2016/17  Ligue 2    13th       None
2017/18  Ligue 2    12th       None
2018/19  Ligue 2     7th       None
2019/20  Ligue 2     6th       None

[b]Trophies won:

[/b]

n253915745713_7210.jpg

F.C. Unione Venezia - Serie B - Season Review 2014/15

Media Prediction: 22nd

League Finish: 9th Graph

So our first season in Serie B saw us finish a commendable 9th, having been tipped to finish last. As the table shows, we were only 3 points off the final play-off place in the end which was pleasing but we weren't good enough to have gone up to be fair. we had a good run at the end which made me dream we might nick 6th spot but we needed Empoli to lose which they didn't. in the end we lost 2-1 at home to Spal as i chased a win.

In the Coppa Italia we did ok early on before crashing out again to Serie A opposition.

Transfers 1 Transfers 2

Squad 1 Squad 2

So here's a look at those who were the key players:

Goalkeepers

Guarna - The italian joined on a free at the start of the season and he became an immediate 1st choice. performed well and should hold the Gk shirt again this season.

Full-Backs

Vollborn - Austrian RB came in on a free again and won the RB shirt. Got injured mid-season which saw Hardy get some games, but got back into the team and performed well.

Hardy - Belgian RB joined on loan from Inter Milan to provide some cover. As mentioned, played well in a few games whilst Vollborn was injured and did well. Won't be back this season though as we have cover now.

Silveira - Uruguayan LB came in on loan for the season from Defensor Sporting in Uruguay and played well, keeping Crotti out of the side. Won't be back though as i have made my one non-EU signing and he has been bought by someone else. I have new cover though.

Centre-Backs

Alcibiade - the Italian had another good season and handled the step up. his performances are much better than his attributes - he's wanted by a number of clubs

Miguel - The Spaniard forced his way into the team this season after being a reserve the previous season. Performed well and he should be a key player this season with a seasons experience under his belt.

Sissoko - played well again, although he may have played his last game as he has handed in a transfer request. I don't want players who don't love the shirt!!

Wingers

Sam - Lloyd had another good season and handled the step up admirably. great assist maker who can score a few goals too, he was missed when injured for the first few months of the season.

Camolese - Simone was another to cope with the step up - something i thought he might have struggled with. Club captain, he will once again lead the team this time out.

Midfielders

Koke - i picked him out as the best import at the start of the season and he didn't disappoint. performed really consistently and was rightly named fans player of the year. i hope to keep him for many years to come

Temperino - Italian signed mid-season from Dinamo, he performed well and linked up with Koke great. He good quality, hopefully we will be able to benefit from a full season out of him this time round

Javi Ros - lost his place when Temperino came in, Javi has now departed the club having refused all new contracts. A loss as he was a good player for us, i have already replaced him with a better player..... hopefully.

Strikers

Vasovic - i signed the Serb for £700k mid season after a glowing scout report, and he did well becoming top scorer for Venezia in the season. was voted Serie B signing of the season.

Schmitt - Esteban coped pretty well with the step up, scoring a few important goals. hopefully he can only improve with experience.

Paponi - Solid debut Serie B season, he was in and out of the team as i juggled players. Still got a part to play at the club for sure

Sebo - Filip also weighed in with a number of goals, although he was frustrating at times. Depending on what happens in the rest of pre-season, i may let him go for a good offer.

As for the clubs finances, we made a profit in the end which was encouraging. the TV money definately helped along with increased sponsorship deals, as did some player sales. We are in for some choppy waters now though following recent developments.....

So, onto the new season......

Firstly, the board announced that we were to get a new ground - Collauto Park. It is named after club 'legend' Collauto who you may remember played a few seasons early on. the capacity will be just over 16,000 which is a good improvement on 7,500 we have currently at the Pierluigi Penzo. this season we filled our ground almost every week so it is definitely needed. it is my first ever new ground in the FM series which is a little exciting, but the cost of it has and will effect me financially now on with a loan repayment of £250 per month... :(

As a result, my transfer budget was reduced this season to £800k and the wage budget dropped down to £51k p/w from £61k. I have had to wheel and deal a bit to sort out the wage budget, but i have had to sacrifice my transfer budget some what.

Then the board decided to annoy me by accepting a £2m offer from Hertha Berlin for Vasovic on my behalf. i tried to get him to sign on but i was restricted by the wage situation so he has gone... Still, the money will be nice i hear you ask. Well it would if the board hadn't reduced my % of transfer fees down to 10%. So i get £200k to spend from the sale of my best player and the best chance i have of promotion..... AARGH!!

>>> Targets for the new season <<<

So with the loss of Vasovic and the debt from the new ground, what do i hope to achieve this season?

• I hope to match or improve my league position. in all honesty though i will be happy with a top-half finish as i feel this may be a transition year whilst we wait to move to Collauto Park. We are possibly a little light upfront which i will look to address but there aren't a lot of funds to go about. Our squad isn't bad though so we shall see.
  • As for finances, i expect to make heavy losses this season, in the region of £2 million maybe. this will be due to the loan repayemtns on top of the monthly losses of £100k we had last season. i just hope the board don't go accepting more offers.
  • i'd like to play one of the top teams in the Coppa Italia. realistically we'll never win it yet, so a bit of money from a glamour tie would be nice.

So, onto the new season i head. i have made a couple of new signings already as previously mentioned whom i'll introduce to you later in my pre-season report. i can then do all arrivals then and give some idea as to the key players.

FORZA LAGUNARI!!

Career History

[color=black][font=Verdana]Season   League      Pos.  Serie C Cup  Cup       Europe         Achievements[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]_________________________________________________________________________________________________[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]2010/11  Serie C2/A  2nd   group stage  N/A        N/A             Lost in play-off semis[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]2011/12  Serie C2/A  3rd   group stage  N/A.        N/A            Promotion in playoffs[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]2012/13  Serie C1/A  8th   N/A             2nd Qual. N/A            None[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]2013/14  Serie C1/A  1st   Winners       3rd Qual.  N/A            Serie C1/A Champions, Serie C Cup, Serie C Super Cup[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]2014/15  Serie B       9th   N/A            3rd Qual.  N/A            None[/font][/color]

Rlipscombe - A good steady season all in all. I'm sure you'll build on this and promotion will be a real possibility next year.

Daemonic - A super season there mate, congrats.

PaulHartman71 - You're getting better and better each season, keep up the good work.

What do people reckon about my striker Ignacio Gallardo, i'd be interested to hear your thoughts! If he manages to win the Champions League for Pisa, surely he would go down as a bit of a legend? (See my earlier post for screenies)

Wow, lots of updates, had to extend my morning coffee break to get through them ;)

Congrats cookie on a great season, I reckon you'll be adding to the CSE HOF for a 2nd time quite soon.

Well done Paul on a good season.

Shame about the finances rlipscombe but the new stadium is gonna be great in the long term. I was hoping for a new one this year as we'll be packing Serie A crowds into our teeny 7023 capacity stadium.

If it wasn't for TV money I'd be screwed, well more screwed than I already am as I'm having awful problems attracting Serie A standard players with a max wage of 10k p/w. The pre-season backroom meeting was depressing. We're shorter, slower, less fit, younger, poorer passers, poorer dribblers, less aggressive and less capable of moments of magic than every other team in the league. :(

Wow, lots of updates, had to extend my morning coffee break to get through them ;)

Congrats cookie on a great season, I reckon you'll be adding to the CSE HOF for a 2nd time quite soon.

Well done Paul on a good season.

Shame about the finances rlipscombe but the new stadium is gonna be great in the long term. I was hoping for a new one this year as we'll be packing Serie A crowds into our teeny 7023 capacity stadium.

If it wasn't for TV money I'd be screwed, well more screwed than I already am as I'm having awful problems attracting Serie A standard players with a max wage of 10k p/w. The pre-season backroom meeting was depressing. We're shorter, slower, less fit, younger, poorer passers, poorer dribblers, less aggressive and less capable of moments of magic than every other team in the league. :(

yeah i think it will be good in the long run, but i fancied having some money to spend this year and push for promotion so i was initially a little disappointed for that reason.

yeah i think it will be good in the long run, but i fancied having some money to spend this year and push for promotion so i was initially a little disappointed for that reason.

I found I was able to add players good enough to win Serie B on frees or for maybe a few hundred thousand. 2 of my 3 cash purchases last season were actually me buying back 50% of my own players..for a lot less than I'd sold the 50% initially. While the co-ownership offers can be a pain, they do generate money quite nicely.

Archived