FM10 Small Club to Big Club Big Euro Nation Challenge

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Racing Club de France - Levallois 92

rcfl92.png

French Ligue 1 2013/2014

Ligue 1: 12th

Coupe de France: 10th Round (defeated by Toulouse FC)

Coupe de la Ligue: Champions (defeated Olympique Marseille in the Final)

Season Review: A comfortable mid-table season was pretty much my best case scenario when the season started, and we never looked in any danger of ending up at either end of the table. But that's all we were really looking to take from the season - stay away from relegation, and with this young team I think they can really grow into Ligue 1. Some of the highlights of the league campaign were doing the double over Bordeaux - the reigning French champions, and defeating eventual champions Lyon at home.

Of course, the highlight of the season was the epic win over Marseille to secure us our first piece of silverware since the team was Racing Club de Paris in the 1940s. It also secures us European football for next season - a little early for us possibly, but we'll aim to do a Fulham and balance the demands of the Europa League with a decent showing in Ligue 1.

Notable Transfers - In: Marcao became my club record signing when he joined for £1.8m early in the summer - the Brazilian left winger's raw pace, dribbling skill and crossing all appealed to me and he would be a near ever-present in the first team, providing 16 assists over the course of the season. Argentinian Diego Alegre filled the hole in central defence left by Jiri Javurek's departure when he arrived for £1m from Boca Juniors. Spanish attacking midfielder Luis Alfonso Saizar is one to watch for the future, after arriving on a free from Atletico Bilbao.

Notable Transfers - Out: We had two major departures this season - one in each transfer window. In the summer, Czech central defender Jiri Jaruvek left for St. Etienne for £1.7m - a decent fee considering I rate his replacement, Diego Alegre, much higher. On the last day of the January transfer window, Italian right-back Daniele Spina was sold by the chairman to Monaco for £5.5m - again, a decent price, but it was sad to see him go after he'd been a first team regular ever since our first season in Ligue 2.

My Player of the Season 2011/12: Marcos Coca - Again, he had a very consistent year and bossed our midfield effectively, growing very nicely into his role as midfield playmaker. None of my players really shone, but they're all still young, and all still learning at this level. Coca gets the nod because he was always a reassuring presence in the centre of the park.

Most Valuable: Marcao - £5.5m

Top Scorer: Mark Csiszar - 23 goals

Fans' Player of the Year: Mark Csiszar - I originally brought this versatile Hungarian into the squad as cover for the right side of my midfield, but he's really proven himself as a striker this season - especially with last season's top scorer, Arnau Cortes, suffering injury problems, Csiszar has become an invaluable part of the team.

Next Season: No stadium debt or in fact any financial worries at all - Ligue 1 TV revenue coupled with a relatively low wage bill (at least low in comparison to the rest of the division) means we're pulling in £1m or more in profit every month. To avoid relegation again this season, the board have given me £14m to play with as well as an enlarged wage budget. However, I doubt I'll be spending too much of it - with the youngest squad in the league, I really want to give this team a chance to grow into themselves and the division. I honestly believe they can only get better, and I want to give them the opportunity to do so. I may add a little strength in depth because of our more demanding fixture list next season, but other than that, we'll see if basically the same group of players can improve on last season's performance as they get a year older and wiser.

Season       Division           Position      Coupe de France      Coupe de la Ligue    Achievements
2010/11      National           2nd           9th Round            N/A                  Promoted
2011/12      Ligue 2            12th          10th Round           2nd Round            None
2012/13      Ligue 2            2nd           10th Round           4th Round            Promoted
2013/14      Ligue 1            12th          10th Round           Winners              Qualified for Europa League

G. Keenan's Velez C.F.- Spanish LIGA adelante- 2018-2019 Season

vlezcf.png

Season review: After surviving relegation quite comfortably last season I was hoping to improve and really push myself on into the top half of the table, but it didn't quite happen, and we ended up only improving by one position finishing 14th. Goals conceded were my big gripe last season after we conceded 77 goals and it got a lot better this year as we only conceded 57 goals. Our goal difference also saw a steady improvement from -10 last year to +4 this year. I don't think the playoffs will quite be in reach for next season but I am hoping to break into the top half of the table.

League Table

Graph

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Managerial History:

Season     League                        League Finish    Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11    Spanish Second Division B4      11th             None
2011/12    Spanish Second Division B4      7th              None
2012/13    Spanish Second Division B4      9th              None
2013/14    Spanish Second Division B4      4th              None
2014/15    Spanish Second Division B4      4th              None
2015/16    Spanish Second Division B4      3rd              None
2016/17    Spanish Second Division B4      3rd              Promoted, playoffs
2017/18    LIGA adelante                   15th             None
2018/19    LIGA adelante                   14th             None

Good luck Jack! :thup:

We have three games left in this season, and we're desperately clinging on to third place in Ligue 1 and the final Champions League place. The table is as follows:

Pos	Team				Pld	GD	Pts
1st	Olympique Lyonnais		35	+33	78
2nd	Toulouse F.C.			34	+36	73
3rd	Racing Club			35	+17	61
4th	Olympique Marseille		35	+24	59
5th	Paris St. Germain		35	+13	56

No chance of getting any higher than 3rd - but finishing in the Champions League places would be spectacular. Marseille are the hot team in the division right now though, rising from 11th to 4th in the past five weeks, while we're coming off the back of two consecutive 2-1 defeats. It's going to be interesting...

(By the way, in case you're wondering how I managed to do an entire season in the two hours since I posted my last season review - well, I didn't. I finished the last season during the week, just didn't have time to post the review until today. We all know that only GK can get through the seasons that quickly ;):D )

Any of your games against the top lot?

Nope, we play Lens (10th) home, Sochaux (15th) away, and Nice (17th) home, while Marseille have to play Strasbourg (14th) home, Lyon (1st) away, and Lens (10th) home - plus they have to play the French Cup final in there as well against Lille (which would be a cup double for Marseille, having already won the Coupe de la Ligue). I'm hoping that that away game against Lyon for Marseille could be what makes the difference. :thup:

Good luck.

First 1st Division quality signing made. Adam Pepper from Liverpool comes in for free :cool:

And I only noticed him because of my subscriptions. My manager has Aberdeen as his favoured club and Pepper was in the news thing saying he was sad to leave them after being on loan there! :D

Attila the hun! Just noticed that :D

Haha - great stuff! :D He looks pretty tasty - got all the attributes I would look for in an attacking midfielder. Do you play with an actual AMC, or will you play these guys as regular central midfielders?

It's all coming down to the last game for me. Marseille dispatched Strasbourg comfortably 2-0, while we needed a last minute winner from Marcos Coca to grab a 2-1 win over Lens. Then Lyon did us a favour by narrowly beating Marseille 3-2, but we couldn't take advantage as we crashed to a 1-0 defeat at lowly Sochaux. Here's how it stands:

Pos	Team				Pld	GD	Pts
3rd	Racing Club			37	+17	64
4th	Olympique Marseille		37	+25	62

We have to match whatever Marseille do in their game against Lens - if they win, a draw against Nice won't cut it for us because of our inferior goal difference...

I use an AMC yes monsters :thup:

Also picked up another few bargains. Then I get my new budget. 6.75 million :cool:

A tidy 10m for TV rights helping I suppose.

how you you play with an AMC? whenever i try he always does really poorly....

Yeah I have that problem too, so I have two MC's one plays as an AMC but in a flat role and same the other plays as a DMC, I found in FM09 & now FM10 that AMC's just seem to get crud ratings unless they score or assist.

Des Tiny's

Lusitano de Evora

lusitano_de_evora_home.png

November 1st Update

Some News

Mauro Zambujo made the 2nd Div Team of the week 18th Oct.

My only Right back Gueifao has been injured, and he will be out for 6-7 weeks with a twisted ankle, damn guess I need a DR.

The Matches

2DS: Evora vs Igreja-a-Nova 2:0

Nilton (9), Zambujo (88)

MoM: Zambujo

We completely dominated this game having 65% of the possession, but we just were unable to convert in the wet weather, I am happy with the final result which does move us up the ladder a little bit. Now 4th on the table with a +6 GD.

CUP: Vit. Setubal vs Evora 3:0

I am not expecting much from this game as they currently sit near the top of the Liga Vitalis after being relegated last season. All I want is a good performance from the boys. Well it took 22 mins for them to score, and we had actually been in the game, so may not be too bad. They added another before 30 mins was up, could be bad now. And a red card for Franco following his second yellow leaves us with ten men for the final 20 minutes. Well we kept them out for the entire second half, and really I have to be happy with that.

2DS: Camacha vs Evora 1:2

Costa (73), Djibril (80)

MoM: Costa

Well it took a last quarter rush from us, but we finally got back into the game and with 10mins left were looking good.

2DS: Louletano vs Evora 4:3

Alves (19,60), da Silva (55)

A pass from Zambujo who had been offside when he received the ball led to our opening goal, and brought us back to level terms. A goal from a corner brought us back level again, but our defensive lapses are really letting us down. A great series of passes up through the field ending with a through ball from Maria to Alves and a shot into the corner has finally given us the lead. A great 5 minute stretch. They though pulled it back and equalised in the 78th minute, and then took the lead in the 83rd. That results drops us to 5th, but it was against one of the top 3 teams in the league, and we were always in the game.

2DS: Evora vs Pampilhosa 3:0

Nilton (pen20,45+1), Alves (48)

MoM: Nilton

A great first half from Nilton saw us go in 2 nil up at the break, his first saw him taken out and convert the penalty, while his second was just a great shot once he was free of the defense. Straight after halftime he became provider as he ran down the right win and floated a cross to Alves who headed it home.

My Player of the Month

My player of the month is going to be Nilton, he scored 3 goals and added 2 assists during the month, but most of all is the fact he only started out as injury cover, but he has now replaced Djibril in the starting line-up for now.

Player Stats

League Table

League Stats

Yeah I have that problem too, so I have two MC's one plays as an AMC but in a flat role and same the other plays as a DMC, I found in FM09 & now FM10 that AMC's just seem to get crud ratings unless they score or assist.

In FM09 I had quite a lot of success playing a 4-2-3-1 formation - flat back four, two central midfielders, an AML, AMR, and AMC, with one out and out striker. I tried to make sure my AMC was my most creative player and tried to make him the creative fulcrum of the side, and I found he would get plenty of assists and therefore good ratings. Haven't had so much success in FM10, but that might be a question of personnel - so I've stuck largely with a 4-4-2 so far in this years game. :thup:

Des Tiny's

Lusitano de Evora

lusitano_de_evora_home.png

December 1st Update

Some News

And I just lost Calu for 4 weeks, he was my replacement DR, so now struggling to find a DR.

The Matches

2DS: Mafra vs Evora 3:0

I have no idea what happened here, it was like our players just all had an off day all at once, an appalling game. It drops us to 5th in the league.

2DS: Monsanto vs Evora 2:1

Nilton (49)

Another appalling game, but we did make an early second half attempt, just couldn't do it all. Two losses in a row to teams ranked near the bottom has really hurt my league standings, I need to do something to turn it around.

2DS: Evora vs U.Serra 4:0

Alves (42,48,63), Nilton (50)

MoM: Alves

A couple of stunners by Alves either side of halftime have lifted the team as a whole, and maybe from here we can get back into the race for the league. With Nilton adding a third shortly after on a huge solo run and a powerful strike the game was now ours. Alves then completed his hattrick off a great Nilton through ball.

2DS: Evora vs Farense 0:1

MoM: da Silva

This should've at least been a draw.

My Player of the Month

Well a terrible month there. I am not even going to name a player of the month they were that terrible. I will upload screenshots later. :)

Player Stats

League Table

League Stats

Never thought I'd try a challenge given it would involve a couple of things (attibute masking, loading only 1 nation, low starting rep for instance) that I'm not used to doing, but might as well have a go anyway. Unfortunately I didn't want my maiden post to be like this but I'm having a bit of a rep problem. I'm going for France but Sunday league experience is greyed out and 'automatic' for who I wanted to go for (Sannois) gives me 'regional', and part time, 'national' (or was it the other way around?) which is clearly far too high. This is odd given people have managed to start with low rep for them before. Would a different club give me a lower rep or do I need to go elsewhere?

:mad: Grrr how annoying!

Struggling a bit in Serie A and heading toward the January transfer window, the board have a takeover bid!

So the inevitable transfer embargo is placed on the club :mad:

Takeover has just taken place on 30 January, so no new players for me as the embargo will last into February, typical.

Oh well, let's see how we can cope! :rolleyes:

Downloaded tactic. GoalsGalore. Dos Santos and Merida played perfectly there.

I may be training Attila the Hun to be a MR and then sign Buonanotte (AMC) and train him to be ML. Currently needing a ML, LB and a ST and possibly another DC at this stage! Oh and GK. Not 100% sure about Butt tbh.

Hope this comes up OK.

Apologies for rep but that's what automatic gave me (again, as I had got the reps the wrong way round in the earlier post). Better starting point then I expected but I don't expect to be going anywhere fast at best anyway. As it happens I'm in between seasons on my main save (which I'll alternate a season at a time with this one) so can get started next time I get the chance. Must say despite my lack of self-confidence when I started looking around I felt really excited.

Waste of money. 12.5m it will be in the end. I needed a good goalie tbf. They say the same about Guy Medel but I didn't think Cha Du-Ri was ready to make the step up as first choice.

I got fan sulks when I spent good money on a Goalkeeper too. Although mine was only 180k it was most of my transfer budget :D

i agree completely. a good GK is essential.

I've found this out the hard way,transfer window shut and i'm stuck with my crap keeper

Immobile is putting in some great performances though

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/8482/immobilehattrick.jpg

Struggling so far this season though,haven't won a game since the opening day

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/3933/table2.jpg

He's got his finger out for me now finally, he must be formidable in the lower leagues.

Yeah he's putting in some good performances,second highest scorer in the division with 11 goals.

I've won 2 out of the last 3 so I'm starting to move away from the dreaded relegation spot :D

I have a problem. Last season I finished third with Casa Pia, not yet updated here, and qualified for Europa League. Now I can´t register my team for play there because we only have three homegrown players. This despite the U19 obviously is filled with players that are homegrown. What should I do?

I have a problem. Last season I finished third with Casa Pia, not yet updated here, and qualified for Europa League. Now I can´t register my team for play there because we only have three homegrown players. This despite the U19 obviously is filled with players that are homegrown. What should I do?

Can you not register some of the U19s instead of your seniors, so long as you get no injuries this should solve your problem.

Archived