FM10 Small Club to Big Club Big Euro Nation Challenge

rlipscombe - Congratulations - on both the wedding and the tremendously successful season! :thup: I'm sure you're itching to get started on your first season in Serie B, but as a married man myself, I have one piece of advice - try to resist playing FM while on your honeymoon. :thup:

cheers. i am itching to keep going but it would be bad tobe thinking about that while on honeymoon!! i'll be back on the 28th so will have to ease myself back in then!! ;)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats Rlipscombe, again both on getting married and the League/Cup Double excellent work. I hope you are marrying a girl who doesn't mind your minor FM obsession, hopefully she already knows. Have a great Honeymoon and we will see you back in late December.

PRDH - I have to say looking at Flavio I would be worried about his low mental stats comparatively, and his 10 for natural fitness. Otherwise he could be a stunner, just don't give him time to think for himself.

Racing Club de France - Levallois 92

rcfl92.png

Unfortunately, I had to go away for work for a few days - the good news was that I had plenty of time for FM while I was away! So here comes two season's worth of reports.

French Ligue 2 2011/12

Ligue 2: 12th

Coupe de France: 10th Round (defeated by RC Lens)

Coupe de la Ligue: 2nd Round (defeated by En Avant de Guingamp)

Season Review: 12th was a really satisfactory position for our first season in Ligue 2, though in a tight league we were only three points above 17th place, the last non-relegation place. However, the three relegation teams were much worse than the rest of the division, and we were 12 points clear of 18th place AC Ajaccio.

We spent pretty much the entire season in a mid-table position, and that's how we finished. The club never restructured the debt from improving the stadium, which meant that making new signings was almost impossible until we got back into the black. My two signings were Stefano Bartolucci, a promising Italian attacking midfielder, and Mamadou Diop, a Senegalese striker, both on free transfers. Thanks to TV money, we finally broke even at the beginning of January, just in time for the transfer window, and our financial position was further improved when Benfica came in with an £800k bid for Bartolucci. With TV money continuing to come in, we were in promising financial shape for the upcoming season, and ready to set about building a squad capable of taking us to the next level.

My Player of the Season 2011/12: Mamadou Diop - The Senegalese youngster always looked dangerous, and while a return of 20 goals in 43 games isn't going to be breaking any records, he was still a cut above the rest of the team.

Most Valuable: Mamadou Diop - £625k

Top Scorer: Mamadou Diop - 20 goals

Fans' Player of the Year: Mamadou Diop

French Ligue 2 2012/13

Ligue 2: 2nd

Coupe de France: 10th Round (defeated by LOSC Lille Metropole)

Coupe de la Ligue: 4th Round (defeated by Stade Rennais FC)

Season Review: An epic 6-way battle for the three promotion places to Ligue 1 went down to the last day of the season. We clinched 2nd position and promotion with a final day 5-1 thrashing of Bastia, but even a draw on the last day would have seen us lose out on promotion on goal difference. That would have been harsh, since we occupied one of the three promotion places constantly from week 4 until the end of the season, with the exception of one week.

Promotion to Ligue 1 was a fantastic achievement, although the board freed up a lot more resources for us this season, and I was able to strengthen the team significantly. Last season's best player, Mamadou Diop, left for Montpellier in a £1.8m transfer (a deal I wouldn't have made, given the choice, since Montpellier were direct Ligue 2 competitors - but the chairman decided the offer was too good to refuse), but I brought in new faces in just about all positions, either as starters or backup. Particularly noteworthy were club-record signing Matthias Kottman, a Swiss full back who cost us £1.3m, and Marcos Coca, signed on a Bosman from Villarreal.

My Player of the Season 2011/12: Marcos Coca - The 22 year old Spaniard had already made 18 appearances for Villarreal when he surprised me by accepting an offer to play on the right side of our midfield, providing some much needed consistency and creativity.

Most Valuable: Arnau Cortes - £1.6m

Top Scorer: Arnau Cortes - 25 goals

Fans' Player of the Year: Arnau Cortes - Cortes signed in the January transfer window of last season, as a partner for Mamadou Diop. With Diop's departure to Montpellier, he became the focal point of our attack, scoring 25 goals and laying on 14 for his teammates.

Next Season: The board have once again put us into considerable debt with stadium improvements - I'm all for expanding the stadium capacity, especially when league rules necessitate it - I just wish they would get a bank loan so we're not £5m in debt. Having said that, the board haven't limited my transfer and wage budget too much, and with a couple of quality signings - left wing in particular is a problem area - I think we have a good chance of staying up.

Season       Division           Position      Coupe de France      Coupe de la Ligue    Achievements
2010/11      National           2nd           9th Round            N/A                  Promoted
2011/12      Ligue 2            12th          10th Round           2nd Round            None
2012/13      Ligue 2            2nd           10th Round           4th Round            Promoted

FC_Libourne_Saint-Seurin_L_Isle-log.gif

FC Libourne-Saint-Seurin, 2013-14, French National

League Position - 2nd: Past Positions

Squad

Transfers

Summary

In my fourth season at the club the board told me they wanted promotion. In order to achieve this I changed the formation a bit, playing a 4-4-2 when before I had been playing a more 4-2-2-2 sort of thing. With the wide players not playing as far up the pitch, they seemed to work a lot better with the other midfielder's and the strikers. With Valero leaving in the summer after refusing to renew his contract, we had to rely on others players for our goals. Overall the season was a good one and as you can see, we recorded 2nd place which gave us our first promotion. I'm anticipating a summer of a lot of changes as I presume the majority of my team will not be good enough to play in Ligue 2. I also hope that the finances will improve, at the moment our balance is around 200,000 so hopefully we can improve that and then improve the Youth/Training facilities.

Key Players

Rafita - The experienced Spanish player was in his second season for the club, and just like last season he was a key man going forward. His 13 goals and 20 assists were a significant help on the way to promotion.

Borja Rubiato - Another experienced Spanish player, the striker scored 15 goals in 37 starts.

Julian Esteban - The 27 year old Swiss striker had an incredible season, scoring 25 goals in 37 matches. He was the runner-up in the French National Golden Boot.

U21 Player of the Year

Vivaldy Joaquim - The 'homegrown hero' himself had a nice fourth season at the club, scoring 9 and assisting 11 in his 32 starts. The question is, will the young man be good enough to play in Ligue 2?

Career Overview

Season     League          Position   Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11  French National    4th       None
2011/12  French National    5th       None
2012/13  French National    7th       None
2013/14  French National    2nd       Promoted 

[b]Trophies won:

[/b]

Congrats Paul & Iseemonsters for great seasons and gaining promotion in France. As for Joaquim he doesn't think very hard, but he looks like a solid player for the lower levels. His decision making is very very poor. If you asked him if he wanted to stand on the rails infront of a train he might actually do it.

**Season Update - SO Romorantin - 2017/18 Season**

Transfers

Again I've left it a bit late so no screenshots but I'll give you a run down of the main exits as I'll discuss the rest later.

Well, there was a fairly long list of exits which earned me £29.5M - very nice!

The two biggest leavers were Zanetti and Boateng.

League

Well, after last season's debacle in Ligue 1 the board wanted a return to Ligue 1. I started pretty well and held a top 4/5 position all season. There was really very little drama. We managed to add another trophy to the cabinet, finishing as champions, but really I'd rather not have had the opportunity. Hopefully next season I'll do better.

Cup

We actually had decent runs in both cup, going out in extra-time to Ligue 1 opposition in both.

Players

The same system stands - I will put the first choice player in each position in bold, and will italicise the players I think most important or interesting. So here goes:

Goalkeepers

Roger - 1st choice throughout the season, and except for a tendency to drop the ball occasionally, did a solid job.

Robert Pavlovic - decent enough number two

Franco Giorgi - decent enough number three

Defence

Andriy Derkach - brought in on a free and proved decent competition for the young and inexperience Salvador.

Moez Jebali - very good youngster, didn't play much because of the form of the first coice pairing. But surely has a good future, especially if he can grow a bit.

Mahmud Sharipov - probably the best Uzbek defender ever!! And not bad for us either. He's got a physical presence and is quick.

Richard Hue - the Frenchman gets better and better at right-back, he should technically be good enough for the step up.

Habib Bellaid - something of a coup landing the experienced centre-back, he instantly looked at home in our team and added some class. Should definitely be good enough for the next league.

Salvador - youngster got his chance after Katsaros' enforced departure (bloody chairman!!), didn't disappoint, but I'd like to replace him as first choice next season.

Jorn Vermeulen - welcome back the Belgian who made such an impact. He rejoined as cover as he was free, and knew the club.

Midfield

Andreas Ivanschitz - the veteran who did so little in Ligue 1 hung around for a bit but left at the end of the season as his contract expired.

Aristide Bolou - pushed out of his starting role as I decided it was an area that had failed me the previous season. A lot of experimentation meant no one can really be classed as first choice for this season, but I did make my mind up.

Marcos Roca - first choice on the left wing, but unhappy all season. He's not really good enough to get away with being difficult. Might look to make some money on him.

Stephane Marseille - again, lost his automatic starting role.

Michal Slavik - not going anywhere except away.

Doren Parvu - young Romanian brought in, he will be first choice MCd next season.

Neto - good young Brazilian, given time should be excellent.

Vitaly Antonov - great season on the wing, will be looking to make the step up next season.

Richard Eros[/i] - young Hungarian, first choice MCa next season.

Simon Vukcevic - something of a coup again. Came in January. Very expensive wages. Not sure about his long-term future.

Attack

Ahmed Abdelli - cheap, looked like he should score goals - he didn't.

Andrey Baranov - young Russian, didn't really get an opportunity.

Marko Kresic - another great season for the phenomenal Croat.

Radek Jursa - expensive acquisition but shows all the marks of being absolute class.

Awards

Top Scorer - Marko Kresic

Fans' Player of the Season - Marko Kresic

Youth Watch

Home-grown

None

Non-home grown

No

Aims For This Season Were

1/ Promotion

Aims For Next Season

1/ Make a better fist of Ligue 1

Other News

So what else happened then. Well this:

Training and Youth facilities upgraded.

Best Elevens

10/11

11/12

12/13

13/14

14/15

15/16

16/17

17/18

Overall

Story So Far

Season			League			Position			Achievements/Wins
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11			National			15th				Avoided relegation
2011/12			National			10th				Consolidated
2012/13			National			8th				Steady progression
2013/14			National			1st				Champions!
2014/15			Ligue 2			11th				Survived
2015/16			Ligue 2			1st				Champions!
2016/17			Ligue 1			18th				Relegated
2017/18			Ligue 2			1st				Champions! (Again)

Trophy Cabinet

French National - 2013/14

Ligue 2 - 2015/16, 2017/18

Previous Updates

2010/11

2011/12

2012/13

2013/14

2014/15

2015/16

2016/17

Sport Benfica e Castelo Branco – 2015/16 Season Review

1487.png

Liga Sagres 12th (Survived)

Portuguese Cup – 4th Round

League Cup 3rd Round

A tough introduction to life in the top flight came with matches against the big three right at the start of the season. Benfica and Porto gave us sound beatings but we manged to knick a point off Sporting and that gave us confidence to pick up a couple of wins and a couple of draws in the following games, a run which earned me 2nd in the October Manager of the Month. After that, we had a terrible series of results as we failed to win for 11 games and fell into the relegation places. However, once the return games against the big three were out of the way, we started to pick up wins again, thanks to a tight defensive tactic with which we managed to take early leads and cling on. Our form dipped agai slightly once we were more or less safe as we lost three in a row but 2 wins and a draw to finsih the season meant we avoided relegation comfortably.

In the cup, we didn’t get very far as we beat 2nd Division opposition in the 3rd round but came unstuck against Liga Sagres side Rio Ave in the next round. We were much better in the League Cup though as we breezed past Naval and Gil Vicente in our 2nd Round Group. We started the 3rd Round Group with a cracking 3-3 draw against Vit. Setubal but two tough away ties against Nacional de Maderia and the real Benfica resulted in two defeats but board and fans alike were happy with getting that far

An easy two-legged victory over Varizm earned us a spot in the League Cup 2nd Round. In our round-robin group, we drew both games including an impressive home performance against Liga Sagres boys Nacional de Madeira, which we were unlucky not to win.

Best match of the season: Naval 1, B.C. Branco 3 – this was a crunch game against another relegation threatened team. Had we lost, Naval would have leapfrogged us in the table and left us periously close to the bottom two. The team showed their mettle though as Adoni gave us an early lead and Lorenzo added a second from the penalty spot. naval pulled one back and pushed for an equaliser but we didn’t buckle and eventually added a third on the break. After this game, we never looked in danger of going down.

Key Players:

Carlo Mazzoni (DC) – joined as a back-up player last season and broke into the first tem this season, turning in some solid performances in central defence despite his lack of experience.

Jorge (DL) – after a couple of seasons in a back-up role, Jorge got his first team chance in the second part of the season and played consistently well.

Moreno Todesco (MR) – one of my highest rated players these days. Had a good season but struggled with injuries.

Vincenzo Antonelli (MC) – only featured as a sub early in the season but won and held a first team place at the time we finally found some form and I don’t think that was a coincidence. Looking at his mental stats, he could well be a future captain if he develops his technical game to a high enough level.

Ones to watch:

These two players joined in January and I think they have exciting futures ahead of them.

Federico Crespin (GK) – I couldn’t believe it when my scouts said this keeper with 5* potential was available for just ₤6k! Injuries meant he got a first team chance ahead of schedule. Despite struggling initially, he made vital saves in some games later on and looks to have a long career ahead of him.

Andoni (ST) – came in on a free in January and, after a slow start, showed some glimpses of his potnetial towards the end of the season. High natural fitness and determination are a good start and he has the right attributes to make a fine striker.

In case any of you who were following my progress earlier are wondering where Massimo Galli is, well he’s here. :p Unfortunatelyi the guy who was my best player in our 2nd Division and Liga Vitalis days struggled to maintain his form in Liga Sagres and was eventaully dropped in favour of Jorge, after which our results started to improve. Hopefully, he can return to form next season.

Awards:

Fans’ Player of the Year – Carlo Mazzoni

Liga Sagres Fastest Goal of the Season 2nd Place – Ettore Mendicino (12 seconds)

The Season Ahead (Aims):

• Consolidate in mid-table.
  • Cup run.
  • Clear out some deadwood from the reserves.
  • Add some bite to the attack.

The Story So Far...

[b][u]Season[/u][/b][b]   [u]Division[/u]     [u]Pos.[/u]  [u]Cup[/u]   [u]L.Cup[/u]  [u]Europe[/u]  [u]Other[/u][/b][/font][font=Courier New]
2010-11  2nd(Central) 1st   3rdR  N/A    N/A     3rd in promotion play-off
2011-12  2nd(North)   2nd   2ndR  N/A    N/A     -
[/font][font=Courier New]2012-13  2nd(North)   3rd   3rdR  N/A    N/A     -
[/font][font=Courier New]2013-14  2nd(North)   1st   1stR  N/A    N/A     Promoted via play-offs
[/font][font=Courier New]2014-15  Liga Vitalis 2nd   4thR  2ndR   N/A     Promoted
[/font][font=Courier New]2015-16  Liga Sagres  12th  4thR  3rdR   N/A     Survived

Pisa Calcio - 2010/2011 The Story begins........

1000000656.gif

Well here he is the new manager of Pisa Calcio - Marcus Evan Cook

Profile - http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/marcus_cook_2008/personal-2.jpg

Personal - http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/marcus_cook_2008/profile-6.jpg

Having only just started i'll probably add to this post once i've finalised my squad etc. Looking forward to this challenge, now that i've completed Gundo's. :thup:

Oh great. My lovely chairman has decided to sell Neto, one of only four central midfielders at the club, at a time when two of the others are out for 4 months. Interesting.

He really is the horrible combination of having high expectations and willing to sell every play for a half decent fee. I got to the semi-final of the Coupe de la Ligue, and he said he was disappointed as we should be winning it! I've only just been promoted!!

YES! YES! YES! YES!

Romorantin are through to the final of the French Cup!! 1-0 down to Montpellier after 12 minutes. Equalised in the 84th minute and then in the 94th minute of 94 we get a corner and we SCORE!! Great!

We are to face FC Metz. It's winnable. And we'll be coming up against former Les Solognet favourite Giorgio Zanetti! Adds a little bit of spice!

B.C. Branco September 2016 Transfer Update

It turned out to be quite a busy summer in Castelo e Branco as I reshaped the squad ahead of the new season. A lot of players left the club as I released several youth players and trimmed down a reserve squad that was bloated with hot prospects who hadn't made the grade and players who had done well for us in the lower divisions but were not cut out for the top flight.

3 members of the first team squad departed too. Kovacevic was sold to Tottenham for 2 million + clauses as he had not had a big impact at the club and the deal was a good one given our meagre finances. I also sold one of my Italian strikers, Ricci, to Copenhagen for a similar amount, which was great considering he manged just 3 goals in over 20 starts last season. The other departure was left-back Jorge - I was a little reluctant to let him go as I had signed him 5 years ago at 17 and developed him into a first-teamer but he was a bit of a troublemaker (first spending his time as an understudy moaning about lack of 1st team action, then making the 1st team and immediately saying he wanted to go to a bigger club :rolleyes:) and Galli was showing signs of a return to form in pre-season so I accepted the million pounds + clauses from Souchaux.

In total, 6.5 million pounds was raised from player sales and a significant portion of the wage budget was freed up. The board, being the tight sods they are, only gave me 2 million extra to spend but that's better than the 90k I had previously!

Anyway, here are the new guys I hope will help B.C. Branco move up the table a bit this season:

Pelé (DM/MC) - a good sign of how far the club has come that I picked up a current Portuguese international on a free! He should do a great job in the holding role in midfield.

Alejandro Oviedo (DM/MC) - another free signing who will provide solid cover for Pelé.

Ricardo Lopez Jiménez (DC) - my third and final free signing. More one for the future than the present but I had to battle a lot of clubs for his signature. I think he made the right choice!

Santos (MC) - a bargain at 3k! I'm hoping his pace, flair, passing and technique qill provide plenty of assists from midfield.

Sergio (AMR) - Will provide much needed cover on the right and looks like he could develop into a useful player.

Anotonio Morales (DR/L) - a reject from the Real Madrid youth system but good enough to do well in Liga Sagres. Now my first choice on the right side of defence.

Luis Ernesto Cuevas (AML) - the sale of Kovacevic left me with just one left winger at the club. A long search turned up nobody who had the combination of being within our budget, willing to come to the club and fairly decent. Transfer rumours led me to this guy with the deal completed on deadline day. Not great but a good squad player.

Medeiros (ST) - his physical stats should make him a good target man and give us some muscle up front, which we lacked last season. Unfortunately injured in pre-season so we'll have to wait a while to see what impact he'll have.

Jorge Ruiz Sanchez (DL) - in on a 'try before you buy' loan deal from Barcelona (500k future fee inserted). Natural fitness aside, looks good.

No world-beaters maybe but some depth has been added to the squad and I'm confident we came perform better than last season. We've had a decent start - unbeaten after 5 games! - but we need a bit more firepower as we've had 4 draws so far. Hopefully, Medeiros will provide that when fit. :thup:

Welcome to the French Cup Final between Stade Olymique Romorantinais and FC Metz.

Kick-off

9 mins - Penalty to Romorantin. Flavio steps up. And puts it in the corner. 1-0

12 mins - The lead doesn't last long as FC Metz hit back with a quick equaliser. 1-1

29 mins - Kresic puts Romorantin back in the lead. 2-1

Half-time

61 mins - Romorantin corner. Played to Parvu on the edge of the area. He takes a touch. Moves it onto his right foot. The defence close in. He smashes into the top corner. 3-1

69 mins - Antonov breaks up the right. He crosses the ball in, but it's nodded tamely over. It remains 3-1.

70 mins - Some good build up play from Metz, and they slip the ball through for Sinama-Pongolle but his shot goes wide.

77 mins - Metz force a good save from my goalkeeper, the rebound falls to a Metz player and inexplicably he leathers ball straight of play. What was that? I'm not complaining. It's still 3-1

79 mins - Kresic picks the ball up on the edge of the area. He turns beautifully and puts the ball in behind the defence for our left winger (Tseberidis) to run onto. He does, and shoots across the goalkeeper into the bottom corner of the net. Quality goal. It's 4-1 and Les Solognets fans are already celebrating.

79 mins - No it isn't. The ref had blown his whistle for offside. Disallowed goal. The fans must wait a little longer. It's 3-1.

81 mins - It's end to end stuff now and a terrible pass from Kresic straight to Zanetti allows him to get a shot in on goal. It's beaten away by our keeper and the mistake goes unpunished.

90 mins - The fourth official indicates 3 minutes of added time. Surely it's all over now?

94 mins - Yes it is. The final whistle blows and Romorantin have secured the French Cup and their first piece of major silverware.

Man of the Match - Dorel Parvu for his goal and an assist.

The fans are understandably thrilled, a spokesman announced that Harmer was one of the best managers around.

The board stated their surprise and thanked me for leading the club to the unexpected success.

And former favourite Mickael Ravaux declared it a proud day for the club and fans, adding that the current boss had done wonders to achieve it with the players at the club, and the board should be extremely grateful to have such a talented manager in charge.

I have to say. I'd settle for them just not selling all the players!

Pisa Calcio - 2010/2011 The Story begins........

1000000656.gif

Well here he is the new manager of Pisa Calcio - Marcus Evan Cook

Profile - http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/marcus_cook_2008/personal-2.jpg

Personal - http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/marcus_cook_2008/profile-6.jpg

Having only just started i'll probably add to this post once i've finalised my squad etc. Looking forward to this challenge, now that i've completed Gundo's. :thup:

Welcome to Italy :cool:

Wow lots of success recently. Well done to iseemonsters and Paul for promotion in France. DodgeeD you've done well to survive there. PRDH congrats on promotion once again to the top tier, lets hope you stay there ;). Also well done on the cup win :cool:

And is that cookie I see joining the challenge :eek:. Yes! All the best with Pisa.

PRDH congrats on promotion once again to the top tier, lets hope you stay there ;). Also well done on the cup win :cool:

Well I'm nearly at the end of my second first season in Ligue 1. You'll not have long to wait to hear of my fate.

**Season Update - SO Romorantin - 2018/19 Season**

Transfers

Big moves in the transfer market this season, £38M spent, £40M received.

Including Flavio, by far the biggest transfer in Romorantin history. Would he be a failure.

League

We approached this season in Ligue 1 with more caution and preperation after our mauling last time around. We prepared, did our research and the season began. We started reasonably well, and before we knew it, well, six games in, we found ourselves sitting top of the table. It was a shock, and I assumed it couldn't last. I was right! We dropped down to 7th after a poor run and I feared we would descend into the lower reaches for a season of struggle. But a rally in mid-season meant we didn't - decent form up to the end of the season saw us secure a very decent 6th place qualifying us for a European adventure. Exciting! The board were chuffed too!

Cup

Good runs in both cups this season. First up came the Coupe de la Ligue. We made it through to the semi-final after a 1-0 loss to big guns Rennes.

Then came the French Cup. We had a nice couple of first rounds which saw us score plenty of goals. The 11th round got more tricky. It took an extra-time winner to see off FC Lorient to set up the quarter final with Strasbourg, we again needed extra time to get to the semis. We faced Montpellier and got through with a final minute winner. Then came the final, and as previously reported a comfortable 3-1 victory secured our first major trophy.

Players

The same system stands - I will put the first choice player in each position in bold, and will italicise the players I think most important or interesting. So here goes:

Goalkeepers

Lenny Py - A big cost for a keeper (£6M) but he really excelled this season. He pulls off some remarkable saves in one-on-one situations.

Roger - Poor bloke, went from clear number one to only one game all season, signed a new contract as back-up though. So quite happy.

Defence

Mahmud Sharipov - Started the season as first choice and did a good job, but then broke his foot and missed a big chunk of the season, Smith had done such a good job he didn't manage to reclaim his place before the end of the season.

Richard Hue - Again held down the right side of defence and did a sterling job. Wanted a new contract. He got one.

Toninho - My initial first choice left-back was Slobodan Rajkovic who joined on a free at the start of the season, but when offered £7.25M my chairman could not refuse so he departed and this was his replacemend. He's a good player.

Habib Bellaid - Took over as captain. And did well in the centre of defence. He's lost his pace and his position could well be under threat for next season.

Juninho - Centre back for the future. He looks to have a good future.

Vaclav Krejcik - Same as above but a little closer to the finished article. Was back-up for much of the season but got a few chances in the cup and off the bench.

Saleh Smith - Great season for the South African centre-back. Physically strong and good in the tackle - he's starting to attract some interest.

Ismail Buyuk - young Turkish left-back, back-up for the first team.

Salvador - Had his place stolen and his few games tended to come in midfield during my crisis in that position. Did well, it could turn out to be his best position.

Gregory Keiffer - Brought in as back-up for Hue, he did a decent job when called upon.

Midfield

Dorel Parvu - First full season in the MCd position and performed generally well, playing especially well in the French Cup final. I have high hopes for him...

Vitaly Antonov - Broke his own record for number of assists for the club in a season proving that he can hack it at a higher level.

Said Luambano - Back-up when the season began and then suffered a serious viral infection keeping him out for the second half of the season.

Valeri Vachev - Brought in during January after Luambano got injured. I'd had my eye on him for a while and he did a pretty good job over the second half of the season.

Richard Eros - Cracking season. He broke his leg and missed the last 3 months, but when he played he commanded the centre of the park excellently for a 19-year-old.

Vasilis Tseberidis - Started out as back-up for Vukcevic, but as age and decline in physicality caught up with him this Greek winger stepped in and played really well.

Jorn Vermeulen - Second season as back-up. He will leave the club on a free for the second time in his career at the end of the season.

Simon Vukcevic - First choice for most of the season, but lost it towards the end. He leaves at the end. His salary won't be missed!

Attack

Marko Kresic - Top scored for us in Ligue 1, showing that he will score you goals at whatever level he plays. He truly is a legend.

Flavio - Brought in for a lot of money. Took his time to find his feet but came good in the end. Wants to leave the club after I rejected £4M less than I paid for him in January.

Radek Jursa - Relegated to second-choice, still managed to get into double figures for the season.

Awards

Top Scorer - Marko Kresic

Fans' Player of the Season - Marko Kresic

Youth Watch

Home-grown

No...

Non-home grown

And no...

Aims For This Season Were

1/ Make a better go of Ligue 1 - A definite Yes

Aims For Next Season

Consolidate my position in the top half of Ligue 1

Have a bit of a European Adventure

Other News

So what else happened then. Well this:

We got a fair few awards.

Lenny Py was goalie of the year

The training and youth facilities were upgraded again.

Best Elevens

10/11

11/12

12/13

13/14

14/15

15/16

16/17

17/18

18/19

Overall

Story So Far

Season			League			Position			Achievements/Wins
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11			National			15th				Avoided relegation
2011/12			National			10th				Consolidated
2012/13			National			8th				Steady progression
2013/14			National			1st				Champions!
2014/15			Ligue 2			11th				Survived
2015/16			Ligue 2			1st				Champions!
2016/17			Ligue 1			18th				Relegated
2017/18			Ligue 2			1st				Champions! (Again
2018/19			Ligue 1			6th				French Cup winners

Trophy Cabinet

French National - 2013/14

Ligue 2 - 2015/16, 2017/18

French Cup - 2018/19

Previous Updates

2010/11

2011/12

2012/13

2013/14

2014/15

2015/16

2016/17

2017/18

Welcome one and all.

The new season is starting in France and we have the opening showpiece to bring you. That's right, it's the French Champions Trophy.

This year it sees the Ligue 1 Champions Olympique Lyonais take on French Cup winners Stade Olympique Romorantinais.

Kick-Off

3 mins - The first chance falls to Lyon as they draw a good save from Py. They have a corner, which is cleared.

5 mins - Not a long respite as Lyon take the lead. 0-1

27 mins - Amazing goal! Flavio picks up the ball on the right goes past two defenders and then the 'keeper to equalise. 1-1

Half-time

76 mins - Lyon take the lead again. 2-1

Full-time - We lost.

**Pre-Season Update - SO Romorantin - 2019/20**

Transfers

Right, here we go. Another busy transfer window. The players leaving were all voluntary until my chairman (is this becoming a recurring theme?) decided to sell Smith from under me which meant I had to go out and desperately find a replacement.

The Ins

1/ Ryuichi Hayashi - 22 - Japanese midfielder arrives for £825K from Djurgarden. He's another technically good player, but again, not the best physically.

2/ Oliveira - 20 - Brazilian left winger who set me back £7.5M. He's quick and tricky and should push hard for a first team place.

3/ Marco Giunta - 23 - Swiss right-winger/striker cost me £4.6M. He's skillful and has been brought in to provide back-up and competition for Antonov.

4/ Henk "The Boss" Bosschaart - 18- Dutch centre-back who cost £6M. He's big, strong, quick and technically good, and he's only 18, this guy has a huge future! And a good nickname!

5/ Elias Stoll - 20 - German striker who was valued at £4.8M. He's a good all round player and adds a fourth striker to the team. Should add more depth to an area that looked worryingly thin last season.

6/ Mark Brown - 25 - English centre-back who had been plying his trade in Scotland. Joined after Saleh Smith was sold. He looks to be a solid if not breath-taking defender and adds a bit of experience to my very young side.

7/ Finally, Hakan Gultekin - Turkish right winger/forward not joining for a few years as he's only 15 looks to have the potential to be great. I look forward to him joining in three years time.

Also, before I go, and let other people put up some posts after this brief takeover, I'd just like to comment on the make-up of my team.

The team, playing in the French leagues has:

- 3 Brazilians

- 1 Bulgarian

- 1 from the Democratic Republic of Congo

- 1 Croat

- 2 Czechs

- 1 Englishman

- 2 Spaniards

- 3 Frenchman

- 1 German

- 1 Greek

- 1 Hungarian

- 1 Japanese

- 1 Dutchman

- 1 Romanian

- 1 Russian

- 1 Swiss

- 1 Uzbek

- 1 Tunisian

It's not surprising my Domestic Player Bias stat is only one! Also, it didn't make for much fun when registering my team for Europe! Oh well, I like the multi-culturalism.

Hey all. I'm sorry I haven't been in here lately. Been super busy, including a trip to Manchester to see my beloved Man Utd. To bad they lost, but it was fun to be there anyways.

I'm gonna read thoroughly through what I've missed sometime during Christmas. For now I wish you all good luck and a great holiday! :)

Well, here's my profile

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/444/fmprofilegerman.jpg

Good team I've got, actually, the board want a top half finish so obviously not the hardest team to have started with, but hey. Memories of my 2008 days with striker Robert Lechleiter, formerly of Unterhaching, in the squad.

If anyone could tell me how I can 'name' my links, I'd really appreciate it, they look dreadfully untidy as they are.

Hey, welcome to the challenge.

To name links do [ url=....]You're text here[ /url]

Then just remove the space from in front of the first 'url' and from in front of the slash of the second. And voila! A tidy link!

The 4 U-23 rule is only in the Third Division, so once you get out of that, its smooth sailing in Germany with no rules about homegrown players :cool:

Awesome.

Is it just me or are the reputations in Germany high? I was told that as a recently promoted 3rd Division side, a non-first teamer Valencia player would be extremely interested in coming to me :confused: May just be my scout tbf

I was able to sign Iker Muniain as a newly promoted third division side mate :D\

Who is the said non first team valencia player?

No way?! Bloody hell.

Can't remember his name. Not played the save in a while. Been busy with other saves/my PS3.

EDIT: Just loaded it up. Jose Maria Cases. I have no transfer budget to buy him with though :(

Top of the league. Beat leaders Inglostadt away 2-0. Meggle :*) Only 10 games in though.

A cracking two-legged performance has just seen me progress to the second knockout round of the Euro Cup with a 6-1 aggregate win over Zenit. Easy tie in the next round? No! We face AC Milan who beat Tottenham 4-0 on aggregate. It could be tricky.

Archived