FM10 Small Club to Big Club Big Euro Nation Challenge

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well my time at Pisa is now over.

I had managed to get Pisa into 16th Place in Serie A 7 points clear of relegation with 3 games left.

The save game file will now not load and i had not backed it up so my time at Pisa is now officially over. Gutted!

Oh no Stella! Did you not have the rolling 3 saves option on?

rlipscombe, I see you picked up Javi Ros too. I like him, he seems to be one of those players who's a bit better than his visible stats. I don't have a picture of him though - which facepack are you using?

el sid, your top players look fantastic and I'm sure it's just a matter of time before you win the Bundesliga.

Nice write-up ghostwriter. Fuser, he was some player!

2014/15 Pájara Playas End of Season Update

7885612.gif

Inconsistent Playas Search for Stability

Roundup :

After a poor opening to this years campaign we hit a run of form which took us to the dizzy heights of 7th in Liga Adelante. I knew it couldn't last but didn't think the drop in form could be as bad as the mid-season crash we had, falling to 18th and just above the drop zone. At this stage it was a wake-up call for my players and me as I changed tactics and this enabled us to grind out some decent end of season form. Finishing 13th made our season look far more respectable than it actually was.

Graph

Transfers :

Some bright new faces signedand one huge loss this time round.

STR - Edgar Sneijder I will become my main target man

STR - Oguzhan Karaca looks like a reasonable finisher for this level

AML - Angel Pato is my star of the future I hope, he's being mentored by last summers signing Jerome Weikl who had a great season

GK - Damian Martinez will be my backup goalie to Iago, I hope he'll progress enough to become first choice in a year or two.

The huge loss was the departure of Anton Melnik to Moscow, but we did get £3.6M for him so can't really complain.

Last years signings update :

WB - Merik Gunok, largely disappointing but will do for now.

DM - Jose Carlos, has been excellent for one so young and in some games has even worn the captain's armband.

AML - Jerome Weikl, has been brilliant on the left, good movement & great crosses.

STR - Evaristo - didn't play enough

STR - Albino Graca - didn't play enough but scored one great goal

CB - Stuart Mackie

CB - Sam Martin

AMR - Paul Wright

STR - Ben Howell

All my English prospects seem to be settling in well and showing small signs of their potential, with Mackie & Martin standing out most.

Finances :

Another beautiful part-time season printing money ! Getting £6M in the bank is really nice to see. I've just had the somewhat concerning news that we're going back to Professional now but I'm getting the full bank balance to play with in transfers !

Aim next season :

Finish in the top 10

Season       Team          League                   Finished  Notes
2010-2011    Pájara Playas 2nd Division B1              10th  Club £1M in debt,
                                                             Became Semi-Pro
2011-2012    Pájara Playas 2nd Division B1               6th  Cleared club debt
2012-2013    Pájara Playas 2nd Division B1               1st  Promotion, 
						      Club £3M in debt (+2900 seats)
2013-2014    Pájara Playas Liga Adelante                17th  Cleared club debt
2014-2015    Pájara Playas Liga Adelante                13th  

Polar Bear - That option is on but as i allways made sure i saved my game on a regular basis the autosave didn't kick in. I changed it to autosave every week now so hopefully this will stop it happening in the future. Thanks for the advice.

Seeing as i got so far into the game in Italy i am now going to leave that alone. I still see this challenge as unfinished business so I'm going to start up in Spain this time. I will probably also give dafuge's challenge ago and see which one i get into most.

CE_LHospitalet.png[/img]

For my enforced second attempt at this challenge i have decided to try out the Spanish leagues. I therefore introduce myself - Stuart Brawls - as the new manager of newly promoted CE L'Hospitalet.

CE L'Hospitalet - A Background

Founded in 1957, CE L'Hospitalet are a newly promoted club into the Spanish Second Division B3. The club plays their home games at Feixa Llarga and posses good training and an average youth setup. The club retains a fierce rivalry with U.E. Cornella and U.D. Atletica Gramenet. With no real competition history of note, Hospitalet are a club with a trophy cabinet waiting to be filled.

The stadium is an fully seated with a capacity of 6400.

Pictures of the stadium from the clubs website: Stadium 1, Stadium 2, Stadium 3.

Thank you to whoever it was that mentioned that they offered a new contract to a player who the chairman had accepted a bid on the club's behalf and managed to keep the player.

My Chairman accepted an offer for my wonderkid of - 275k plus 20% Sell on. Thank god he signed a new contract. Still have 1 week before the transfer window closes, hopefully i will be able to keep hold of him.

n253915745713_7210.jpg

F.C. Unione Venezia - Serie C1/A - Pre-Season 2013/14

i thought i'd do a mini update to introduce my new signings for the coming season. i haven't gone too mad so have tried to bring in quality rather than quantity.... So without further ado, let me introduce the new Lagunari.....

Transfers

Llorente - Spanish Lb brought in on a bosman to replace Di Bella. Rated by coaches as being better than Di Bella anyway. Will fight Crotti for the starting berth.

Miguel - Highly rated young Spanish CB signed on a free. i have high hopes for him, although he will start as cover

Sissoko - Senegalese CB brought in for further cover. rated as good as my other CBs, he must also fight to displace Alcibiade and Goikoetxea.

Rocha - 15 year old Portugese defender brought in for the future. incredibly already playing for the Portgual U21 team! As good as my other defenders, but i think he needs a couple of seasons first.

Job - Cameroonian winger brought in to cover both flanks.

Strasser - Austrian youth international brought in to cover the right wing.

Obilinovic - Croatian youth international striker who cost £100k. Have high hopes for him, although he is already starting to fall out of nightclubs.....

Of the above signings, all are squad players rather than first-team starters so far. Crotti, who i signed in 2010 but who has been developing in the U20 team, has come in and is doing well. Henny Ahn, who i briefly mentioned in the last season review, has taken the No.1 jersey from Poncelet and is performing well. Apart from that, the team is pretty much as it was last season in the early weeks, although injuries are sure to strike. i am hopeful i have the squad to push for promotion this season. the bookies rated us at 40-1 again so we're unfancied, but we are top after the first 5 games so here's hoping.....

We made it through to the 3rd qualifying round of the Coppa Italia where we were outclassed 5-1 away at Serie A side Calgiari. Still it was a good run and we did beat a Serie B side on the way, which i was happy with.

Time to see how the rest of the season goes!!!

Forza Lagunari!!!!

rlipscombe, I see you picked up Javi Ros too. I like him, he seems to be one of those players who's a bit better than his visible stats. I don't have a picture of him though - which facepack are you using?

yeah, he's not a bad player for this level. As for facepacks, i think that one is "Panini Portrait" - i got it for last years game and transferred to this. got from FMGLive.... I prefer E-style as 1st choice and use that one to fill in any blanks i can.

Just wanted to let you guys know that the Algeciras save is still on; I got done with a crazy month of studying and i am now on the verge of the end of my forth season in Algeciras, still in Segunda B but enjoy the save. Season update tomorrow for sure. I've also been reading up on you guys, great job all!

I also had a question for you guys: my players are not getting better, not at all. Not even the young ones. Is it always a matter of having really good staff and facilities? Since both are standard for me, I assume that's why nobody is improving, but it's sort of annoying me not seeing a single digit go up--at all. Any ideas?

My chairman have actually saved Casa Pias financial state for some time now. First the board negotiatie St Gallen to buy out a players 50% sell on clause and then they sell my first choice right back. We made £5m! The chairman is actually good to have sometimes:thup:

SC Preußen Münster

190px-sc_preussen_muenster_logosvg.png

Predicted Finish - 3rd

Actual Finish - 1st - League Table - Graph

Profile Page

We were finally able to break Leverkusen's hold on the first division (They were champions in 4 of the last 5 seasons :eek:). We switched to a Christmas tree formation from the diamond, and the players adjusted to it well. We were top of the table before Christmas and we held on to win the Bundesliga for the first ever time! :thup:

Transfers

Champions League

Rangers were our opponents in the qualifying round, and were dispatched without too many problems. The Champions league group consisted of Munster, Arsenal, Porto and Rapid Wein. We qualified first with 4 wins, a draw and a solitary draw against Arsenal. Juventus were the opponents in the first knockout round and we couldn't beat them over 2 legs, inspite of playing better than Juve. Second Leg . Zarate's 40 yard wonder free kick :mad:

Euro Cup Final

Champions League Final

Season        Division        Position       Achievements

2010-2011    Third Division      1st          Promotion
2011-2012    Second Division     3rd          Promotion via Playoffs
2012-2013    First Division      12th          -
2013-2014    First Division      3rd           -
2014-2015    First Division      3rd           -
2015-2016    First Division      3rd           -
2016-2017    First Division      1st          Champions!

German Footballer of the Year

Team of the Year

Manager of the Year

An 82nd winner keeps me in the hunt. Unfortunately 17th won too. 6 points behind 2 games to go. Really is time to get the rosary beads out!!

[edit] - I think the phrase is something to the effect of "Oh dear". I'm 3-0 down at half-time to Bordeaux. It will seal my fate.

[edit2] - Two goals in the second half are not enough to save me and I'm relegated with one game to go against already relegated Marseille. Kresic, Zanetti and Roca have all requested transfers. I rejected them all. I intend to keep as much of this team as the chairman allows to get me back again.

Sin miedo, Algeciras! Forth Season, 2013/14

The season after our forth place had been a disappointment, with the team struggling to finish tenth. The goal was to make up the distance and fight to be in the top four again.

Transfers

- Lots of people left, all as free agents, but no one really important for the team. We instead only signed two player, GK Agustin, a young but already decent goalkeeper but very eccentric, and Mathieu, a french striker who couldn't even be included in the roster until Christmas, but made up for it.

Transfers

Segunda B - Grupo IV

- The craziest season I have ever experienced in Algeciras. The first half of the season was so-so, with the team falling to the tenth place by the end of it. The second half was another story, though...but the frustration grew with our turnaround.

- And by this, I mean that we had an amazing 15 games unbeaten run...that meant nothing. 16 games later, we lost again, and the forth place was six points away. Absolutely ridiculous that we managed to do that and we didn't even get into the top forth. However, five games away from the end of the season we beat Cordoba at home and earned our forth place after having made 37 points out of 45 in 15 games and not haivng gotten any closer at all.

- We were in the driving seat and even second, with five teams fighting for the top four places that rewarded playoff spots...and then, when we saw it almost done, here we go again. Melilla, a team who did not play for anything, beat us at home 2-4 with three goals from 30 yards. However, we were still forth because of the head to head matches. All we needed to do was beat the worst team on the league, Lorqui, a team that was relegated ten games ago and that scored a little over half a goal per game, and conceded almost two per game.

- Well, even though we had a dozen chances, 60% of the ball and several clear cut chances, they beat us. 1-0. In the 85th minute, and with the only shot they had. But it got even better.

- We looked at the table the day after, and we saw how we were out of the playoffs, ending the season fifth. Two years ago, we had earned the forth spot with 60 points. This time, with 73 points, only losing seven games out of 38, and with a 15 game run of 37 points out of 45, we didn't even make it to the playoffs.

- Do I feel like going on now? To be honest, I feel like playing Championship Manager 2006 more than this right now. We did everything we could and had an amazing second half of the season...and we lost to incredible games of the last two against two teams who didn't give a crap about winning. I do feel like I have to keep going, there's no way I can stay here and think about what the game just did to me for much longer.

Final table

- Copa del Rey:

- We didn't participate this year, I guess due to our 10th place last year.

- Copa Federacion:

- We didn't get in this one either. Weird.

________

Stats

- Several players were key. Agustin started ok, but he alternated great saves with Valdes-like mistakes. Ernesto took over halfway and did lots better, and earned a contract extension on the way, at age 34.

- The defensa was a bit shaky. The right and left side were fine, with young players who kicked it up a notch, but the CD were very irregular, and good ol' Strasser had to step up and play some games.He ended up playing 30 games and doing well, even though his phisic is already asking for retirement. At age 39 and 1/2, he also played four international games, being the highlight a 3-2 win of Luxembourg over Estonia.

- The midfield was class once again. Italians Pagano, Albano and Amato took over and all delivered, but Amato did great in the midfield. Nine goals and ten assists with only 21 years say a lot about him. Falardo achieved double digits with 11 and 11, and went back to what he knows how to do best, great season.

- In the attack, great year as well. Victor started great but by the end of the first half he was gone. Fonseca was nothing more than a refreshment. Young french Mathieu started playing in Christmas but six goals and three assists showed he had the class at 20 years of age. Barba was once again amazing. Even though he spent five weeks injured during the first half, he managed to finish top scorer of the division, with 28 goals in 33 games. 20 of those goals came in 2014. He truly is amazing for our team and at age 25, we are not planning on selling him unless a crazy offer arrives.

Stats

Economy

- We keep our steady progress, and this year we made a 400k benefit, for a great total of 528k Euros in the books. Not like they let use any of the money though.

Balance

In Conclusion

- Gutted. Gutted to have finished fifth with 73 points. Gutted to have made an amazing second half and we didn't even get to the top forth until the last games. Gutted to have told the team so many times to clear the ball to the open spaces when trying to tie a difficult win away, and have them passing in short like they're Barcelona. Gutted to be the third most scoring team and not be worth anything.

- This being said...season five.

Edit: Strasser just said he will retire at the end of next season :(

10/11 - Algeciras CF - Segunda B, Grupo IV - 15th (avoided relegation) - 40 points

11/12 - Algeciras CF - Spanish B, Grupo IV - 4th (lost in playoff final to Ferrol) - 68 points

12/13 - Algeciras CF - Segunda B, Grupo IV - 10th - 54 points

13/14 - Algeciras CF - Segunda B, Grupo IV - 5th - 73 points

Bringing RW Essen back to the top!

Initial Profile

History

Founded in 1907, SC Rot-Weiss Essen are a professional German club currently playing in the 3. Fußball-Liga. The club play their home games at Georg-Melches-Stadion and possess average training facilities and a good youth setup. The club is affectionately know as RWE and retains a fierce rivalry with Wuppertaler SV Borussia, Fortuna Düsseldorf and ETB Schwarz-Weiß Essen.

As a club which enjoyed its best spell of success during the 1950's and their last competition win coming as recently as 2006, RWE are a club with a growing history. RW Essen won the German top division for the only time in 1955, won the DFB-Pokal in 1953 and finished runners-up once, won the German 4th tier in 2004 and 2006, and won the Oberliga Nordrhein in 1985, 1986, 1993, and 1999 and finished runners-up once.

Initial Goals

1. To not get relegated - predicted to come 19th out of 20

2. Get rid of players that aren't needed/that are guzzling precious wages :p

3. Fill in weak areas of the squad

Twellman - that's seriously tough luck that.... once you get over the disappointemnt i'm sure you can make it next year.

Tharros - welcome to the challenge and good luck with Essen

el sid - good signings there - hopefully they can help puch for the CL crown

Good signings El Sid. Fredy Adu is alsways scoring on me when meeting Benfica I hope he can score for you as well.

Good luck finding Linense. Why are you after them DanGLiverpool?

On the Casa Pia front I can inform you that we ended up in 7th place again and a season report should be up today.

Casa Pia - 2018/19 Liga Sagres

Table ~ Graph ~ Transfers ~ Stats ~ Finances

We started the season well and actually got a 2-1 win on Estadio de dragao against Porto. But we could not keep it up and had trouble winning matches. We conceded a lot and that was because of our inexperienced goalie and our "not-gelled" central defenders. But eventually we ended up 7th. In the cups we were out early.

Shortly before the transfer window closed in January I was beeing sick and tired of the save and did not feel I was doing any progress at all. But all of a sudden due to the transfer of Extebarria and St Gallen buying out a sell on clause we made almost £5m . I immediately asked for improvement on training facilities, youth facilities and expansion on Estadio Pina Manique. The board accepted on the first to but gave this answer to the last.

Key Players

Juan Carlos Conceding a lot but but thanks to his great potential (4,5*) and being a spanish u21 international his place between the sticks is very secure.

George Song Ripping a part the other teams along the right wing. A lot of assists and good with the ball.

Rondon Scoring machine. Getting a bit slower but 25 goals is impressive.

Next season

I really want to qualify for Europe. I have made some interesting transfers ahead of the new season which I will post for you later.

Career

Season    Division          Pos    PC          PLC        Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   2:nd Division C   11th   1st Rnd     N/A        NOPE
2011/12   2:nd Division C   5th    1st Rnd     N/A        NOPE
2012/13   2:nd Division C   4th    3rd Rnd     N/A        NOPE
2013/14   2:nd Division C   1st    Qtr final   N/A        Champions, Promotion via playoff.
2014/15   Liga Vitalis      2nd    4th Rnd     3rd Rnd    Promotion
2015/16   Liga Sagres       16th   3rd Rnd     2nd Rnd    Relegation
2016/17   Liga Vitalis      2nd    2nd Rnd     2nd Rnd    Promotion
2017/18   Liga Sagres       7th    Semi final  3rd Rnd    Survived
2018/19   Liga Sagres       7th    5th Rnd     3rd Rnd    Nope

Good signings El Sid. Fredy Adu is alsways scoring on me when meeting Benfica I hope he can score for you as well.

Good luck finding Linense. Why are you after them DanGLiverpool?

On the Casa Pia front I can inform you that we ended up in 7th place again and a season report should be up today.

Are the closest team to where I live (Gibraltar), so essentially my local Spanish team.

Were relegated last season, so got them easily first time, so my challenge will start after the Liverpool Arsenal game.

Archived