FM10 Small Club to Big Club Big Euro Nation Challenge

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aug/September 2021

Almeria              0 - 0          Castillo

At Madrid (15th)     6 - 1          Castillo (13th)

Lenges (10,51)                      Gronlund (50)
Revuelta (21,45)
Fabianski OG (55)
Pons (60)

Castillo (17th)      4 - 3          Villarreal (13th)

Canini PEN (40)                     Rubio (2)
Iniesta (47)                        German (33)
Gronlund (80)                       Jose Andres PEN (84)
Schober (91)

Castillo (11th)      2 - 2          Getafe (7th)

Schober (9)                         Carlitos (49,55)
Kantimoiris (59)

Zaragoza (5th)      1 - 0           Castillo (12th)

Kopecky (28)

So, an interesting start. We secured our first point in the first game of the season, giving a false sense of security perhaps. We were then destroyed by a rampant Atletico Madrid 6-1 (we only had 1 shot all game!) before facing Villarreal. On paper it was always going to be tough but I was delighted to see my players triumph at the death. We followed it up with a hard-fought draw with Getafe and ended the month with a narrow defeat to a very strong Zaragoza side.

We've conceded way too many goals for my liking but I don't think much can be done about that - we just don't have the players. However our attacking prowess from Liga Adelante has been carried with us to Liga BBVA seemingly as we've notched 7 goals in 5 games so far.

Early indications seem to show its going to be an extremely tough season ahead. I will need my scouts to provide me with some cheap options for January because I am struggling with the squad at the moment. Whenever there is an U20/U21 fixture I lose about 4 players :(

Oh also our first home game with Villarreal at home drew in 6105 fans - a new Liga BBVA LOW :D

Yep it really does. Although we only just narrowly lost to Real Madrid in the Bernabeu. We held them til the 70th minute but lost 1-0 to a long distance strike. Nearly :(

unlucky... close... but there'll be other opportunities.

October 2021

Espanyol (7th)          2 - 1         Castillo (18th)

Wiik (5)                              Andreev (46)
Kuzmin (14)

Real Madrid (12th)      1 - 0         Castillo (18th)

Urso (71)

Cordoba (15th)          1 - 1         Castillo (19th)

Valdes (92)                           Gronlund (37)

[b]Spanish Cup 4th Round[/b]

Valladolid (BBVA)       2 - 1         Castillo (BBVA)

Aaron (37)                            Gronlund (44)
Perez (46)

Castillo (19th)         0 - 0         Elche (4th)
                                     Bacaicoa S/O (56)

A couple of draws this month see us languishing in 18th out of 20 come November. We should have won both the Cordoba game and perhaps the Elche game too. At least our defence has tightened up for the time being. Special mention to new boy Ake Gronlund who now has 4 goals this year from CM. Not bad for a 19 year old.

I think being in relegation territory is a given really. I've made barely any improvement to the squad and am playing the same tactic as last year. We're the most predictable top flight team ever :D

i don't know... Real Oviedo were very predictable too... played pretty much the same tactic week in week out for about 6 seasons....

With 3 games to go, Venezia have ensured that they won't be back in Serie C2 next season... :) But will they still be in C1??

**Season Update - SO Romorantin - 2015/16 Season**

Transfers

Well the main story of the pre-season window this year was that of my chairman deciding to be a total ar*e! He sold my first choice keeper Kola Agbo, and second choice Cedric Mensah without consulting me, and then decided to get rid of first-choice centre-back Darko Knezevic. Not a great way to start the season!

So with that in mind I had to rebuild a team that had been looking very promising, and it took a while. I was not hopeful. Fortunately we got a total of £8M in from all of the transfers including those mentioned above, so I had a war chest that I could do something with.

First through the door were a couple of midfielders (if you don't mind I'll talk about the circumstances of the entrance here, but the results in the players section and screenshots will be there).

Serkan Dinc (£275K) came in as cover for the stalwart Jorn Vermeulen and Aristide Bolou (£220K) came in as central midfield cover. Not inspire yet, both talented, cheap and young.

Then came the attempt to cover the loss of the 'keepers. Giorgi came in on a free. A panic buy really, good enough for back-up but not much else.

Then a trio of centre-halves. Vincenzo Antonucci arrived on a free (he left in January for £525K), Aymen Nasri (£80K) arrived on the cheap, and Martin Zuleta arrived for a record breaking £1.8M.

Finally came a proper 'keeper. Roger (£450K) arrived from Spain and was clearly going to be the first choice.

That was the end of the spending before the season.

In January we went again. Michel Slavik (£95K) arrived to add competition in midfield and then some highly rated youngsters came through the door. Moez Jebali (£250K) in defence, Salvador (£130K) in midfield and Robert Pavlovic (£3K), another Croat in goal.

Finally Jurica Dumancic (£230K) arrived as more competition for our strikers.

League

Without wishing to blame our infuriating chairman too much, the season started and we definitely looked like a team that had lost the core of our defence. We stuttered out of the blocks. Fortunately our strikers were on top form and kept us in some high scoring encounters. Despite that, five games in we were in 19th. It was not looking good. An early-season rally saw us climb the table into our predicted mid-table anonymity. 11 games in we were in 9th. A position I would very much have been happy with at the start of the season. The rally continued though. 16 games in and we were in 3rd challenging for promotion. This would have been fantastic. But, it kept going, Kresic and Zanetti were firing on all cylinders together as a front-pair and they shot us to the top of the league after 18 games. Half a season to hang onto the top spot. Could we do it? Well the simple answer is yes, yes we could! They continued firing, we avoided any major crises and stayed top. A brief wobble towards the tail end of the season, briefly saw us caught, and for a couple of games we were only top due to our huge goal difference. But a strong last five games saw us claim the Ligue 2 title. We did it in style to, we broke the record for goals scored with a staggering 93. Of them the strike force clearly dominated. Kresic finished with 33 in the league and Zanetti with 29. Kresic won the players player of the year award and I got the Manager's award.

Cup

This season marked our first foray into the Coupe de la Ligue. It didn't go brilliantly we got to the third round before going out. More disappointing was out performance in the French where we went out in the 8th round to Chamois Niortais who got relegated from Ligue 2 at the end of the season.

Players

The same system stands - I will put the first choice player in each position in bold, and will italicise the players I think most important or interesting. So here goes:

Goalkeepers

Roger - Brought in at the start of the season and held the no.1 jersey throughout. Performed well enough.

Jason Payne - continued his role as back-up but is being sold before next season.

Franco Giorgi - Didn't play, but was number 2 for a chunk of time.

Robert Pavlovic - Young and unsurprisingly Croatian. Time on his side.

Defence

Richard Hue - A good season for the right back, really improving. Not a marauding full-back like Katsaros but very solid defensively.

Vito Wormgoor - Again just makes it into the first-choice category having rotated a lot with Nasri. Transfer listed by request, but wants to stay, but won't accept a new contract, he might end up leaving.

Ard van Peppen - Relegated to back-up this season, but is a very good utility sub to have.

Moez Jebali - The young Tunisian arrived in January. I foresee great things for him. If he could just grow a little!

Aymen Nasri - Another Tunisian centre-back, arrived for just £80K and did a very good job.

Martin Zuleta - Biggest signing of the summer and did not disappoint, he's ready for the league above.

Vangelis Katsaros - Had another good season, popping up with good crosses from the left.

Salvador - Another youngster, this time Spanish, he looks to have a lot of potential, my coaches think enough to be a leading Ligue 1 left back.

Midfield

Jorn Vermeulen - The legend had another good season, but refused to sign a new contract, he's off this summer. He'll be missed.

Stephane Marseille - The captain kept his place and was again impressive. Keeping his competition on the bench.

Abdou Traore - arrived from Rosenborg on a free and is going back on one too. Never really made the impact I hoped he would.

Aristide Bolou - talented centre-mid who rotated with both Marseille and Boateng thtough the season, he looks to be a good prospect.

Nathan Dalton - Didn't play. Going to Southampton.

Serkan Dinc - Arrived, broke his leg, came back with 2 games to go. Poor bloke.

Michal Slavik - Came in in January. He should get a chance with Vermeulen off.

Axel Ngando - Relegated to the bench by Roca's excellent form. Off at the end of the season.

Marcos Roca - Took his berth back from Ngando and deserved it. Performed well all season.

Kevin-Prince Boateng - Still first choice in midfield but can he do it in Ligue 1, we'll have to wait and see.

Attack

Jimmy Sama - Didn't play, will most likely leave at the end of the season.

Marko Kresic - Stunning season, scored assisted, did everything. He's a top player. 37 goals is an amazing return.

Giorgio Zanetti - Again a stunning season, also reached 30 overall, I think these two could cause Ligue 1 defences some problems.

Daniel - Lyon sent him to me on loan. Didn't get on the pitch. Adequate back-up I won't be wanting him back!

Ladislas Douniama - Limited playing opportunities. May well have to let him go.

Jurica Dumancic - Arrived didn't play much, but scored when he did. Another Croatian!

Awards

Top Scorer - Marko Kresic - 37 in 42 games (a new record)

Fans' Player of the Season - Marko Kresic

Youth Watch

Home-grown

No-one worth mentioning yet.

Non-home grown

Nope!

Aims For This Season Were

Last year I said: "Well, a solid season overall - so for next year:

1/ Consolidation - YES

2/ Push into the top half - More than YES

3/ Further strengthen finances - YES

Aims For Next Season

1/ Survival

2/ Cup Run

3/ Build a team for Ligue 1

Other News

So what else happened then. Well this:

1/ Stadium to be expanded by about 4500 seats to meet Ligue 1 regulations.

2/ Expansion meant we could not afford for the youth and training facilities to be upgraded and they were cancelled.

3/ I got the Manager of the Year award

4/ New sponsorship deal

5/ Broke loads of records - attendance, gate receipts went.

6/ Kresic established himself as an all round legend by breaking the record for goals scored in a season, the highest average rating, and most assists in a season. Not bad!

Best Elevens

10/11

11/12

12/13

13/14

14/15

15/16

Overall

Story So Far

Season			League			Position			Achievements/Wins
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11			National			15th				Avoided relegation
2011/12			National			10th				Consolidated
2012/13			National			8th				Steady progression
2013/14			National			1st				Champions!
2014/15			Ligue 2			11th				Survived
2015/16			Ligue 2			1st				Champions!

Trophy Cabinet

French National - 2013/14

Ligue 2 - 2015/16

Previous Updates

2010/11

2011/12

2012/13

2013/14

2014/15

He's doing it again!! He's sold Zuleta, and he's trying to sell Kresic! I may have to chin my chairman at the next board meeting!

[edit] - Ha! Screw you Mr Chairman!! Kresic accepted my contract offer. He's staying at Romorantin for now at least.

November 2021

Castillo (18th)         2 - 2           Athletic (14th)

Canini (51)                             Muniain (9)
Merola (89)                             Velez (15)

Castillo (17th)         1 - 1           Murcia (18th)

Hart (52)                               Debey (77)

[b]Spanish Cup 4th Round Leg 2[/b]

Castillo (1)            2 - 1           Valladolid (2)

Merola (77,84)                          Vossen (70)
                                       Haugen S/O (112)

Castillo win 4-1 on Pens

Castillo (17th)         1 - 1           Valencia (7th)

Hart (30)                               Stiemens S/O (47)
                                       Ritz (83)

Castillo (16th)         1 - 0           Sevilla (5th)

Merola (25)

Sporting (8th)          3 - 2           Castillo (15th)

Da Jager (42)                           Stepanovsky (11,PEN58)
Carlos (73)                             Stepanovsky S/O (87)
Estevez PEN(90)

Other than the Sporting loss, this was a promising month. We went 6 unbeaten if you include the Elche draw at the end of the October. Strangely we had 5 home games from 6 this month! We've set ourselves up with a 5th round cup match with Real Madrid, its 2 legs meaning we'll get some decent gate receipts for the away leg. The Sporting match was a big disappointment, as you may be able to see, Stepnovsky had a bliner and then conceded a penalty in the last few minutes to lose us the game. Frustrating.

We're just a month away from January now and sit 16th, just above relegation. Its going to be tight, as expected, but at the moment I think we'll scrape through to the second season in Liga BBVA.

SC Preußen Münster

Predicted Finish - 3rd

Actual Finish - 3rd - League Table - Graph

Profile Page

Yet another roller coaster season :D Wildly fluctuating form saw us as low as 7th and even top of the table for a week. Finished the season with a decent run of form to finish 3rd yet again, and was unlucky to not get second place due to GD :thdn:

We were absolutely fantastic in the Champions League, defeating Roma to first qualify to the group stages, and then handing out 0-3 and 1-3 defeats to defending Champions Barcelona in the group stages. We finished first in our group and Barcelona finished second.

First knockout round was against Genoa. We came away with a 1-1 draw in Italy, but could only manage a 2-2 draw at home. The result meant we were knocked out on the away goals rule. We were actually undefeated in the Champions League :D

Squad

Transfers

Euro Cup Final

Champions League Final

Season        Division        Position       Achievements

2010-2011    Third Division      1st          Promotion
2011-2012    Second Division     3rd          Promotion via Playoffs
2012-2013    First Division      12th          -
2013-2014    First Division      3rd           -
2014-2015    First Division      3rd           -
2015-2016    First Division      3rd           -

The Awesome Twosome - :cool:

Also, the board have announced new stadium plans. Definitely good news as our average attendance was amongst the lowest in the league. Really hope they don't affect our finances though. A really unimaginative stadium name too :|

Just finished my first season in Germany (first complete season on FM10), finishing 12th after being predicted 18th out of 20. i'll do a propper write up tomorrow, but we saved our best performance for the last day of the season, beating inform Oberhausen 4-1 on their turf, with 2 of my 3 loanees getting on the scoresheet before they go back to their clubs.

also, over the entire 38 games, i only failed to find the net on 4 occasions, and 3 of those were draws :)

this game is really annoying me now. i complete a season, and now i am greeted by the message saying that an error has occurred and a crash dump has been created. not a happy bunny :(

I'll throw up a season review then its time to start again elsewhere :(

**Pre-Season Update - SO Romorantin - 2014/15 Season**

Transfers

Right let's begin with the farewells in this year's transfers.

There were quite a few established faces to leave at the end of last season. Largely because they didn't want to sign new contracts. Therefore we saw Jorn Vermeulen, Vito Wormgoor and Ladislas Douniama leave at the end of their contracts. Less disappointingly Abdou Traore and Axel Ngando left too, though as they'd not threatened the first team for a while I wasn't sad to see the back of them.

The biggest news though was the chairman's interference. He accepted a £5.5M bid for Martin Zuleta, by far our best defender, and frankly impossible to replace at such short notice really. He also accepted a bid for Marko Kresic but he decided to stay put he did though break his foot in the last friendly before the start of the season meaning he's out for 3 months. I will struggle without him.

Right now to the new players. Firstly the board imposed a minimum expectation of a mid-table finish. I have a fear that I will be sacked if I get relegated which is at present looking a distinct possibility.

First through the door was Vitaly Antonov who joined just after the end of last season for £1.8M at 19 the right-midfielder has plenty of time to improve but is already a quality looking player.

Next came a couple of squad players Giorgos Karabelas (£575K) a Greek centre-half, and Metin Raychev (95K) a Bulgarian striker joined to add depth to the squad.

Then came the biggest signing in Romorantin's history. Carlos Silva arrived from Brondby for £3.8M, a record fee. He is an Argentinian striker who can hopefully make the step up from the Danish leagues to French football.

Next in was another Argentinian, this time on loan with a view to a permanent deal. Leandro Gonzalez, an either footed left-winger arrived from Napoli. He should do well. He was quickly followed by a rather less heralded move. The free-transfer signing of Riccardo Cosentino an Italian forward. He's probably back-up but affordable back-up.

Then came another record-breaking signing. Silva's signing only lasted a month as the most expensive before Konstantin Kireev arrived from Russia in a £5.25M deal. Probably overpriced but I was in desperate need of a solid centre-back and he was the best I could find. He was soon joined by the bargain signing of Wilco Michel (£275K) from Germinal Beerschot. A right back, he should put pressure on Hue.

The final two transfers saw me bring in a temporary replacement for the aerial power of Kresic and some competition and experience in midfield. Denilson arrived on loan from Flamengo. He's only 19 and has a low minimum fee release clause which I intend to take advantage of if he's a success. Finally it was Andreas Ivanschitz who arrived on a free. At 32 he is the oldest player I've signed for a while but he's still good enough for the league and should be a good figurehead for the youngsters to learn from.

And one for the future, I lined up the signature of Ahmed Darwish a young Egyptian midfielder for January in a £250K deal.

SV_Waldhof_Mannheim.png

SV Waldhof Mannheim

Season 2010-11

Media Prediction: 18th

My Prediction: 15th

Board Wanted: Mid-table safety

Final Position: 12th

Finances

Transfers

The Players

(my main XI players in bold)

Goalkeepers

Ratajczak - The main keeper, signed on a free at the beginning of the season. solid enough, and in the Team of the Week on numerous occasions.

Knodler - One of three back up keepers (including GK coach), but the only one to get game time. nothing special and leaving on a free at the end of the season along with one of the other spares.

Defenders

Schwall - First choice left back. not rated highly by the coaches, but a lot better defensively than the next best left back. the main corner taker from the left.

Gajda - back up left back. better going forward than defending, but thats not really saying a lot. did alright in two games and then fluffed it the rest of the time.

Washausen - one half of the first choice centre back pairing. signed for not a lot over 48 months was a good partner to Thamm.

Thamm - Mr Utility, but he played all but one of his games at centre back and was a good source of goals early in the season. solid and dependable, even if he was outclassed by several forwards on occasion.

Schulz - first choice right back, and almost played the entire season only to get injured 2 days before the last game of the season. the main corner taker from the right hand side, one of the best players in the team.

Schommer - backup DL who could play elsewhere as well. not a lot else to say.

Orum - one of the stand in DCs for when Thamm or Washausen were injured. did a solid enough job, but probably wouldnt last another season or two.

Geissinger - 3rd choice DC, prone to making mistakes.

Crone - DC that complained for most of the season about not getting any games. this combined with not brilliant stats left me inclined to leave him rotting on the bench.

Bocher - another utility player, but with better cover in most of his positions, he didnt play very much at all.

Adiele - another DC that complained when not playing. when he was given a chance, he messed it up.

Midfielders

Ismailij - found him in the reserves after half the season was gone and he did well enough from the bench. not good enough to start and only going to get worse.

Kegel - a free transfer that didnt make the best of starts playing as an MC, but when my tactics changed to using an AMC he became deadly.

Babatz - The captain. mostly unnoticed when he was there, but noticed when he wasnt. A very good DMC who popped up on multiple occasions to smash one home from distance or convert a penalty to win us points. at 36 he may be declining, but an essential part of the team.

Blum - one of the three loan signings made in a panic buy at the beginning of the season, but did well for his age either at ML or DMC when Babatz was out.

Ghasemi-Nobakht - Along with Kegel and Karabulut, probably signing of the season. probably wasted playing on the left of midfield, but thats where the space in the team was, and he came in and filled it. always a threat to defenders, would have been better if he was left footed, but as it was this let him cut inside and score a few scorchers for us.

Groß - one of 3 right wingers at the club and the weakest. probably leaving at the end of the season.

Hock - back up right winger. seemed to fail to make any impact crossing wise, but did add a threat from crosses from the left as for some reason he is actually good in the air, despite having a 4 for heading.

Kluft - started out playing as a striker, but as i started using an AMC he moved there when Kegel was injured/suspended and he played well.

Laping - was injured when i played with MCs, and didnt fit the formation with AMC/DMC, but still managed to pick up a couple of appearances. competent enough cover.

Mehring - played well enough when i used MCs alongside Babatz, but didnt fit the AMC/DMC tactic so lost his place in the team.

Rummenigge - back up DMC for Babatz, not really good enough so was behind Blum in the pecking order.

Wittke - AMC that would have played more but for having Kluft in on loan in the only position he could play effectively in.

Zent - originally brought in as one for the future, Zent made the right midfield position his own and didnt let go of it easily, chipping in with a few goals as well.

Strikers

Reule - didnt start many games originally, but as the tactics changed, he became an important part of the squad and scored a reasonable number of goals in the starts he made.

Klaus - the final loan signing. again, the stats say he didnt do badly for himself, but with a few more points in off the ball and composure, he could be very good at this level.

Karabulut - not the best of starts at the club for the young Turk, but as the season progressed he gradually made his way to the top of our scorer's chart and stayed there. i am amazed he got to double figures after the start he had. i expect more from the free signing next season.

Ginter - not the most prolific of strikers, but at the beginning of the season, looked the most likely out of all my forwards to get the goals. gradually drifted out of the team as Klaus and Reule started playing better.

Barwolf - didnt play much in the second half of the season, but when he did play during the season he looked reasonably lively for his age. not sure he will make it to next season as my player as he declines and new players are brought in.

Burgio - 3rd choice striker all season, chipped in with a few goals but still needs to improve a lot.

The League Campaign

We started the league well enough but dropped off during mid-season. when we lost Babatz to injury we struggled to get points and went 7 games without a win. however, we never looked like we were going to go down, it was just a case of how close to the middle of the table can we climb?

Achievements

Season        Division        Position       Achievements

2010-2011    Third Division      12th         N/A

Aims for next season

There wont be a next season, as my game refuses to move past 5 days after the end of the season. damn.

brambleten, try holidaying past that date. Do you have the latest patch?

that was the first thing i tried. it crashed on exactly the same day as when it crashed the first time. and i'm on steam - i get patches automatically. its currently 1.1 patch isnt it?

Pisa - End of Season 5 - 2014-15 Review.

PRE-SEASON

After managing to scrape into the Serie B playoffs last season i was looking forward to another good season. With a lot of players contracts up for renewal i was able to clear out most of the deadwood from the team. With the board enforced transfer of Luca Arena to Celta for 2.7m i was also able to spend a bit of money.

I therefore looked at improving my squad across the board.

One of my main decisions over the pre-season period was what to do with my number 1 GK - Davide Petrachi. His contract runs out at the end of this upcoming season and because i had rejected a transfer approach from somebody he refused to sign a new contract. Despite having the money from the Luca Arena transfer i couldn't find a suitable replacement that was interested in joining my club. The only other GK's at the club are a pair of decent youngsters who i decided weren't ready for the step up to the first team.

My decision was not to cash in on Petrachi, could have got something in the region of 1m, and hope that if we had a successful season we would be able to attract some better Gk's next summer.

The Season

The season started off brilliantly in the league with Pisa leaping to the top of the table very early on and starting with a run of 4 straight wins. We then continued our unbeaten run for a total of 13 games before we came up against Cesena and were battered 2-6.

Our season then seemed to go off the rails a bit as i couldn't settle on a striking partnership as nobody seemed to want to score. I ended up trying out 6 strikers to try to find the right pairing.

Due to the registration restrictions in Serie B of no more than 19 over 23's I had taken the decision to not register 26 year old Daniele Paponi, who was rated as our 4th or 5th best striker by my Assistant Manager and who had only scored 3 goals in the previous season. Due to my Striker problems i took a risk and decided to sacrifice a defender who hadn't played much and register Paponi. The Risk paid off as Paponi became my number 1 striker again in the second half of the season scoring 10 goals in 20 games. It was at this point that i also started playing my young English Striker Luke Ball who i had got on a free a season or 2 ago and he looked lively and a player in the making at the end of the season.

In the end we went into the last game of the season with a 3 point cushion over Bari. But as the main league sorting rules was results between the teams tied on the same points we were guaranteed promotion as we had beaten Bari both Home and Away. The final day draw therefore didn't matter. So we managed to achieve promotion from Serie B as runners-up despite having a top scorer with a measly 10 goals.

The Players

Davide Petrachi - In the end I think the risk I took at the start of the season of not cashing him in paid off. Davide had a great season achieving 15 clean sheets and saved us countless points whilst our strikers misfired. He will be missed but hopefully with the promoton we can find a suitable replacement.

Jorn Vermeulen - Played at DR Jorn had a extremely solid season achieving an average rating of 7.09. He was missed in defence when he picked up an injury and missed several games.

Antunes - I remember him being good in FM09 and when my Assistant recommended him to solve my DL weakness I snapped him up. Solid - and well worth the record 1.3m fee i paid for him.

Francesco Bini - Another good season from him at CB.

Jose Goncalves - Brought in on a free and was a solid CB with a good season.

Ruben - The player that probably annoyed me the most during the course of the season. He is rated as my best midfielder and plays best in the DMC position. Too often did he pick up 2 bookings in a game to get sent off. Managed a record 3 Red Cards in only 20 league starts and would have probably have achieved a higher number if i didn't have to constantly sub him once he had been booked.

Manuel Majearu - Young prospect who i bought in for 500k after being recommended by 1 of my scouts. He filled in when Ruben was suspended and through a period when i dropped Ruben because of his discipline problems.

Leandro Vitiello - Leandro was brought in on a free and had a good season and made some valuable contributions but with him sharing the same position as Fonjock the number of games he played were slightly limited.

Divine Fonjock - Not his best season by a long way but he still contributed 5 goals and 9 assists.

Iriome - Brought in for 350k from Rayo, Iriome had a good season and provided a fair contribution for the team.

Dudu Paraiba - I paid 900k for Dudu and he didn't disappoint. He scored 4 times but more importantly he contributed the highest number of assists this season with 14.

Admir Mehmedi - Admir played the most of all the strikers that i played this season and managed to bag 10 goals but 8 of these had come in the first 10 games of the season.

Luigi Scotto - Another striker who started the season brightly managing 4 goals in the first 2 league games of the season. He then picked up an injury for 3-4 weeks and then contributed only 2 more goals for the rest of the season.

Daniele Paponi - Why i didn't register him at the start of the season was probably the big mistake of the season. Saying that getting his place back in the team probably gave him motivation to prove himself to me and resulted in an excellent season.

Next Seasons Aims

Well the aim for next season is obvious - SURVIVAL.

I would also not like to pick up the award for 2nd worst signing of the season!

Having got the board to invest money in our training and youth facilities i have finally got my first good youth prospect. I introduce to you Giuseppe Valcrenghi.

I can't wait to see how he develops!

brambleton - good luck with Elgin. it is hard to ignore Megan Fox mind!! ;)

true :)

this challenge was almost over before it started as i got a crash dump a couple of times on the same date. however, this time i have managed to holiday past it, although the game took that as a hint to tell the board that i wanted to consolidate after last season rather than push for mid table to have an extra few hundred quid in wages

Casa Pia 2017/18

Table ~ Graph ~ Stats

We started really well and took points of all of the big three in Portugal. But after new year we hit a slump that hold on to the season ending really. But we did reach both 3rd rnd of League Cup and actually semifinal in the Portuguese Cup. With some luck we would have made it to the final against Benfica.

Season   Division          Pos   PC         PLC     Achievements
2010/11  2:nd Division C   11th  1st Rnd    N/A     NOPE
2011/12  2:nd Division C   5th   1st Rnd    N/A     NOPE
2012/13  2:nd Division C   4th   3rd Rnd    N/A     NOPE
2013/14  2:nd Division C   1st   Qtr final  N/A     Champions, Promotion via playoff.
2014/15  Liga Vitalis      2nd   4th Rnd    3rd Rnd Promotion
2015/16  Liga Sagres       16th  3rd Rnd    2nd Rnd Relegation
2016/17  Liga Vitalis      2nd   2nd Rnd    2nd Rnd Promotion
2017/18  Liga Sagres       7th   Semi final 3rd Rnd Survived

n253915745713_7210.jpg

F.C. Unione Venezia - Serie C1/A - Season Review 2012/13

League Finish: 8th Graph

So our first season in Serie C1 saw us finish a creditable 8th in the league. On the one hand i'm pleased in that we comfortably avoided the relegation play-offs, but at the same time i'm a little disappointed our form tailed off a little and we slipped away from the promotion play-offs at the end of the season. We were never in with a chance of promotion as the top 4 were almost in a different league. Unfortunately Pro Patria, who finished 5th, were promoted so 2nd-4th will be here again next season.

Transfers

Squad 1 Squad 2

A brief overview of some of the key players:

Goalkeepers

Poncelet - young Belgian GK was no.1 for most of the season and did well. lost his place to Kuchar due to injury though and din't really get it back.

Kuchar - Czech GK who came in for Poncelet andperformed well. i have a tough choice regarding GK next season, as i have another Belgian GK, Ahn, who could come in too

Defenders

Semenzato - First choice RB for most of the season again. However his place is under threat for next season from....

Angel - Spanish RB not given much of a chance but who may get the RB slot next season.

Di Bella - Fabrizio had another solid season at LB. however it was his last season at the club.....

Alcibiade - young CB released by Juventus. Formed a good partnership with Goikoetxea.

Goikoetxea - Experienced Spaniard played well at CB, save a few dodgy performances.

Midfielders

Sam - English winger got better as the season went on and did well overall. retraining him to LM also to provide cover there

Camolese - Another solid season. Got injured in the latter stages and this affected his form, but still 1st choice.

Borbely - Veteran Slovakian was brought in to play Anchor man and did well in his debut season. I'll be looking for another good season this time, before he gets too old.

Javi Ros - another Spaniard, who formed a good partnership with Borbely. More to come from him.

Venema - struggled to get a starting spot this season due to form of Ros and Borbely, as well as my decision to play 2 DM's. Still great cover though.

Strikers

Paponi - star striker for the season. handled the step up with ease and was 1st choice striker. Named in Serie C1 team of the year and also named 2nd best player in the league.

Schmitt - young Belgian came flying out of the traps and formed a great partnership with Paponi early on. the broke his shin at Christmas which put him out for the season. i have high hopes for the coming season.

Perelli - suffered due to form of Schmitt early on, he came back in and re-formed the PAP strikeforce late on. scored a few important goals late in the season.

Garcia Diaz - Spaniard who is possibly my best striker on paper, but who struggled to force his way into the team. looking for a response from him this season.

FInances

Finances took a battering this season with us ending the season some £600k in the red. this was mainly due to my transfer expenditure, but wages didn't help. the chairman has put in £300k to help, and i've been clearing out some players, more of which is below.

>>> THE NEW SEASON <<<

As mentioned above, i have been trying to reduce the debt this summer. i have cleared out a lot of the youth dross, as well as releasing a few fringe players on frees. these included Carbone, our veteran RB, and Chiazzolino our RM. I have also sold the following:

Moran - CB - Pisa

Sergi - AMLC - Pisa

Fernandes - ST - Pisa

Di Bella - DL - Verona

The main departure is obviously Di Bella. I rated him quite highly early on, but he became unhappy and wanted to play at a higher level. He slapped in a transfer request which i accepted. with him only having 1 year on his contract left, i decided to cash in and he has gone to Verona for £180k + clauses. The fansa weren't happy but it had to be done for the good of the club. Besides, i have good cover there and i don't actually think he'll be badly missed. Fernandes never really showed his potential, as didn't Moran and Sergi, depsite having good potential. i decided to sacrifice these for some cash, and reinvest the money better.

I have already brought in a few players, mainly on free transfers. I have however signed a Croatian striker i'm quite excited about, who has scored plenty for the national youth teams. A screenie of him will follow.

>>> Targets for the new season <<<

- A play-off spot. i think this is possible with a little luck and consistency. too many times we went infornt only to concede, which is something i'll try to rectify

- Manage finances a little better. i envisage making a loss again, but hopefully it won't be as bad.

- Progress a little further in Coppa Italia. my finances could do with a big game against an Italian giant.

So onwards we go with the Lagunari.... Can we make the play-offs this season? We shall see.

FORZA LAGUNARI!!!!!

That's why I'm going down, that's why I'm going down. Why am I singing that? Well I just lost to 20th placed Laval 3-1 after taking the lead. I'm fairly resigned to it now. Just hope my board stick with me. The did when I got relegated with Domegliara but this chairman seems much more of a d**che!

Renato Curi Angolana - Serie C2/B - Christmas 2010

I started with this squad and no staff at all. Not ideal.

Thankfully I soon found some staff and some willing players. By the end of the transfer window I had signed the allowed staff members and 21 players for a total of £63k. Basically a whole squad. In fact only 3 original players have featured at all; 2 GKs (one a very promising 16yo, the other who is 3rd choice but on the bench so the 16yo can play in the U20s) and a D RLC who made a couple of sub appearances until I realised that he was about 6/7th choice and his versality alone did not merit being even a reserve.

We started off in the Serie C cup with 1 win, 1 draw, 2 defeats, very few goals (F2 A2) and non-qualification.

The league campaign started off in a similar goalless vain, 1 point and no goals in our first 2 games. We then got off the mark with a fine thrashing of Sangiustese. There followed 1 point from 4 games and some distinctly average performances, thanks to the ineptitude of others we were not really that near the bottom.

Next up were 2 difficult looking away matches so I went for the no pressure counter attacking option and it went well. In the first match against Cassino their pretty good striker (Adil Mezgour) dominated proceeding with 1 goal, 1 own goal and giving away our winning penalty. Next up was Manfredonia who went down to 10 men after 120 seconds and then 1 up 120 seconds after that, hmm. They totally out-played us and were unlucky not to score at least one more. We then promptly scored 2 in the last 10 minutes to snatch a very undeserved victory. 2 disappointing and dull home draws followed, especially the 2nd one which was against the worst team in the whole division :o, despite 14 shots we could not break thru.

We were dire at Avellino and this time got the defeat we merited. And that defeat has actually been the last we have suffered. 5 wins in 6 followed this match and it really should have been 6 as we took the lead 3 times at home to Colligiana but never held on.

So all this means we have reached the giddy heights of 4th place :cool:. However it is not as impressive as it sounds as despite this position we are still only 6 points ahead of 14th and the playout. To say the division is tight is a slight understatement! I think half the teams have been in both the playoff and playout positions at some stage so far this season (us included). Basically 2 things are sure; we are not going to get directly promoted (Foggia are ridiculously good) and we are not going to get directly relegated (Montevarchi, and Viterbese to a lesser extent, are ridiculously dire). Anything else in between is pretty much up for grabs and I have no idea what to expect. Basically my objective is still to avoid relegation and I will be happy with that. Anything better than that is a bonus...

2 other things to note:

1) there are a lot familiar faces in this division, I have so far played against Enrico Chiesa, Luigi Sartor and a 42yo(!!) Diego Fuser. Vlatislav Gresko is also around (although he is better than this division) plus my scouts keep on recommending a 41yo Luis Oliveira!

2) the weather here is dreadful, every 2nd home match it rains, and in the middle of November we were playing in a freezing downpour with an orange ball :eek:.

Managed to get some long overdue playing time this weekend so 2 season updates will follow tonight, it has been a battle !

PRDH - Nice update, as everyone said Kresic looks very good

El sid - Good Champions League results, unlucky. How did you get rich so quick ? I can only dream of the days when I can afford to pay players like Maranho & Larrea 35-45k a week !

Stella - Wow, I don't think I've ever seen a 16yr old with dribbling, finishing and work rate so high. I would play him every game to get experience.

Good luck at Elgin brambleton

Uffe - Good season in the Liga Sagres there, taking points off the big 3 is always a highlight.

Rlipscombe - I like Venezia's logo so hope to see it climb up the league !

Ghostwriter - really interesting close division you're in there, 4th is good even if it is only 9pts from 16th !

Archived