FM10 Small Club to Big Club Big Euro Nation Challenge

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Casa Pia Summer transfers 2017/18

Transfers

El Hadji Diouf could not be persuaded to renew his contract despite the fact Casa Pia is a Liga Sagres team again. But not to worry I found his replacement in Cameroon. Meet Mr George Song, only 20 but already as good as Diouf was and potential to become better. Belfodil has always been a terrific striker but the other one has had trouble finding the net. I hope Rondon will change that. I got him for free after my ass man had recommended him. His been good in preseason and I hope he will continue to produce.

Defence was the big issue last time in Liga Sagres. Now we have tried to enhance that part of the pitch. Djuricic old and slow, but I still think he is going to be an improvement to the net. Kouril, regarded by my scouts as the next big star in Liga Sagres looks really impressive and should make wonders together with Massa in the back.

I think this activity during the transfer window has strenghtened the squad, to bad Matias left but thanks to the money we could get a better keeper. It´s worth it I hope as we look forward to be in Liga Sagres next season as well.

Song looks excellent Uffe :thup:

I've had my CB's sent off 5 times now this season :mad:. Costing me valuable points the idiots!

EDIT: Right so we just had stand in CB Cabezas sent off and old man Luna came on in his place at half time. He proceeded to rack up a rating of 3.4 :eek:. Worst signing I've ever made :(

It doesn't seem long ago that I was introducing Giorgio Zanetti as a player that might make a decent impact at National level. Well he's just broken the record for goals for the team with a hat-trick in a 5-4 win.

thats some going with the CB's iacovone.... do you tell them to break your opponents in two???? :D

Seriously I've never known anything like it. Alejandro has just been sent off and cost us further points. Luna is the main culprit though! He is rated as a good BBVA CB - absolute rubbish!!! 10 games, 6 yellows, 2 reds and an average rating of 6.12. Diabolical form.

November 2020

Hercules           0 - 0          Castillo

Raul (69)                         Canini (1)
                                 Stepanovsky (44)

Castillo           0 - 2          Mallorca

Cabezas S/O (47)                  Tsvetkov (85)
                                 Kadlec (94)

Alaves             2 - 4          Castillo

Lertxundi (11)                    Andreev (5,71)
Etxabe (81)                       Merola (7)
                                 Kantimoiris (59)

Castillo           1 - 1          Albacete

Andreev (20)                      Gomila (8)
Andreev S/O (53)

Girona             5 - 3          Castillo

Diez (2)                          Merola (39,59,63)
Fernando (55,66)                     
Disic (88)                        Alejandro S/O (7)
Altobelli (93)

We are still sitting 4th which is good going considering the points dropped this month. Only 5 points taken from a potential 15 is really shoddy but the blame can only lie at the feet of my CBs. They have been awful. Fortunately the long wait for Lisandro Dure's return is over \o/, this 20 year old Argie CB was magnificent in the 2nd half of last year so I hope he can bring some strength to our very shaky backline!

Haha R. Madrid Castilla have had their west stand closed by the health and safety inspectorate :D

:D ha ha. not seen that before. in FM09 they were always in poor financial situations, which i found ridiculous really.... made me laugh though.

December/January 2020/21

Osasuna (14th)    0 - 3      Castillo (4th)

Merola (37,45)
                            Cabezas (54)

Castillo (3rd)    1 - 0      Athletic Bilbao (4th)

Schober (72)

JANUARY 2021

Castillo (3rd)    3 - 0      Valladolid (1st)

Andreev (21)
Merola (78,84)

Rayo (22nd)       2 - 3      Castillo (4th)

Diaz Diaz (15)               Merola (13)
Sandro PEN (58)              Cabezas (23)
                            Stepanovsky PEN (51)

Castillo (3rd)    1 - 2      Castellon (2nd)

Andreev (38)                 Etxaniz (22)
                            Murat Satilmis (24)

Castillo (4th)    1 - 0      R. Sociedad (11th)

Kantimoiris (45)             Gomez S/O (33)

This was a great month (other than the Castellon defeat) and largely down to the return of Lisandro Dure. Now though we have had to release him for the South American U20 Tournament for a month. This started on the Castellon match - obviously why we lost. I nearly sold Ezequiel Luna to River Plate but they couldn't agree terms with him :(. Shame as I'd love to get rid of the overpaid useless waste of space. On the plus side, the transfer window has shut and we've not lost anyone major and have set up the transfer for a very highly rated Turk called Samet Kaplan (MC). He is just 16 and I'll screenshot him on his arrival in the summer.

Back to the league and we are currently in 3rd place, which is the last promotion spot. We played a lot of our rivals this last two months and did reasonably well, particularly at home to Valladolid. Now we need to pick off the average sides to ensure we're in the race in a few months time. Our attendence record was broken in the Valladolid game to the tune of 6500 give or take. Promising for the future.

The youth facilities have been completed and are up to 'average' from 'adequate'. The board are refusing to improve them further though sadly. Still no academy :(

Song looks good but I can not get him to send in good crosses to my strikers. That will come later when he is more adapted to my tactics.

I have playeyd five games so far but only recorded one win in the League Cup against Fatima. In the league we have two draws against Porto and Benfica (!) and two losses against worse teams. Strange. We can get a draw against Porto away but not win against Leiria at home. But I think will get better after some teamgelling. I have new players in important places in the team.

Iacovone are you playing hard tackles on the sending off central defender because I have medium and they almost never get sent off. An occasional yellow and suspension.

You're doing better than me on that score Uffe. In only my second game in Liga Sagres, I got whipped 4-0 at Benfica. We also lost 1-0 at home to Porto. Our only point off the big 3 so far was a 0-0 home game with Sporting but we should have lost heavily...

But I suspect that you win against Vit Setubal and others. After 4 min I´m already one down after a horrendous mistake in the back. Make that 1-1 now. I hope to get my second win now...

Edit 1. 1-2. I don´t know what my defenders are doing. Certainly not defending thats for sure...

Edit 2 2-2 Kovacevic sends a beautiful free kick in the right corner.

Edit 3 3-2 OG.

Edit 4 3-2 FT. Good. Now it feels better.

February 2021

Levante (14th)        5 - 1        Castillo (3rd)

Francisco Javier (9)               Merola (70)
Sanz (26,47,57)
Iborra (35)

Castillo (4th)        0 - 0        Salamanca (20th)

Racing (3rd)          1 - 3        Castillo (4th)

Rondon (40)                        Merola (24,58,93)

Castillo (4th)        2 - 0       Lleida (19th)

Cabezas (12)
Kantimoiris (69)

Don't ask me what happened in the Levante game! I've never had a performance like it. By half time we were 4-0 down and everyone had below a '6' for their rating. They just didn't turn up. This was followed by a poor match with Salamanca before we found our rhythm again against promotion chasing Racing. That Merola hattrick spectacularly brought up his 100th Castillo goal :). We are 2nd and 1 point off the top at the moment. 16 games remain.

Since complaining about not winning against weaker teams I have played six matches, three Liga Sagres and three cupmatches, won five of them with a score of 19-7. To bad I have to get some sleap now. It has been fun this evening with Casa Pia on a winning streak. :D

Pau FC

Paufc.jpg

French National

2010/11

Games 1 - 5

[u][b]30/07/2010 - Game 1[/b][/u]
[b]
Pau FC              1 - 1            AS Beauvais Oise[/b]

Viola (87)                           Samir Bertin d'Avesnes (89)

[u][b]04/08/2010 - Game 2[/b][/u]

[b]SO Cassis-Carnoux   0 - 4            Pau FC[/b]

Dieudonne Bikoyoi (20, 28)
                                    Pierre Aristouy (74, 83)

[u][b]07/08/2010 - Game 3[/b][/u]
[b]
Pau FC              2 - 0            Evian TG FC[/b]

Viola (55)
Jardel (85)

[u][b]14/08/2010 - Game 4[/b][/u]

[b]Hyeres FC           1 - 1            Pau FC[/b]

Yoran Kalkoul (34)                   Viola (11)

[u][b]20/08/2010 - Game 5[/b][/u]

[b]Pau FC              1 - 1            AS Cannes[/b]

Medhi Leroy (26)                     Frederic Fouret (47)

The League Table

|----|----------------|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|---|
|[b]Pos [/b]|[b]Team            [/b]|[b]GP[/b]|[b]W [/b]|[b]D [/b]|[b]L [/b]|[b]GF[/b]|[b]GA[/b]|[b]GD[/b]|[b]PTS[/b]|
| [color=SeaGreen]1 [/color] |[color=SeaGreen]FC Gueugnon[/color]     |[color=SeaGreen]5 [/color]|[color=SeaGreen]4 [/color]|[color=SeaGreen]0 [/color]|[color=SeaGreen]1 [/color]|[color=SeaGreen]6 [/color]|[color=SeaGreen]1 [/color]|[color=SeaGreen]+5[/color]|[color=SeaGreen]12 [/color]|
| [color=SeaGreen]2  [/color]|[color=SeaGreen]La Berrichone[/color]   |[color=SeaGreen]5 [/color]|[color=SeaGreen]4 [/color]|[color=SeaGreen]0 [/color]|[color=SeaGreen]1 [/color]|[color=SeaGreen]10[/color]|[color=SeaGreen]2 [/color]|[color=SeaGreen]+8[/color]|[color=SeaGreen]12 [/color]|
| [color=SeaGreen]3  [/color]|[color=SeaGreen]Nimes Olympique[/color] |[color=SeaGreen]5 [/color]|[color=SeaGreen]3 [/color]|[color=SeaGreen]2 [/color]|[color=SeaGreen]0 [/color]|[color=SeaGreen]5 [/color]|[color=SeaGreen]0 [/color]|[color=SeaGreen]+5[/color]|[color=SeaGreen]11 [/color]|
| 4  |FC Rouen        |5 |3 |1 |1 |6 |2 |+4|10 |
| 5  |Pau FC          |5 |2 |3 |0 |9 |3 |+6|9  |
| 6  |AS Cannes       |5 |2 |2 |1 |7 |4 |+3|8  |

So, a fairly decent start to the campaign. I'm happy to start the season with a five game unbeaten run, and feel the team is performing well. Viola stands out at the minute. Despite being 40 years of age, he has still managed to net himself 3 goals in 4 starts and a sub appearance. Pierre Aristouy is also showing what he can do with two goals, although he hasn't quite lived up to the pre-season promise he was showing.

Our two wins were very satisfying. The team played well, and the result looked to go no other way. One issue is that in all three of the draws we have gone in front, only to conceed an equaliser. I'm happy to see Pau sit in 5th with only a three point gap to first. A few more wins in the next five games should see us push into the promotion places. It's still early days.

March 2021

Tenerife (7th) 0 - 2 Castillo (2nd)

Andreev (40)
Merola (91)

Castillo (1st) 2 - 2 Numancia (7th)

Schober (39) Saucedo (20)
Merola (42) Binder (52)

Castilla (16th) 1 - 2 Castillo (2nd)

Javier (75) Stepanovsky PEN (28)
Merola (52)

Recreativo (16th) 2 - 4 Castillo (1st)

Campana (6) Andreev (45,90)
Martin (80) Stepanovsky PENS (55,96)

An unbeaten month means we maintain our position at the top of the table. As you can see Alberto Merola has been in fine form keeping us scoring. Its worth noting that last year's signing of the season Axel Elgh has now gone over 1000 minutes without scoring :(

**Season Update - SO Romorantin - 2014/15 Season**

Transfers

Right let me start with the bad news of this pre-season's transfers.

After all my talk of Nicola Maglione being good enough for Ligue 2 it seems others thought so too and Aberdeen swooped with a £625K bid which my Chairman accepted on my behalf. I must say I'm annoyed by it. He is worth at least double that and is very difficult to replace at this level.

The other exits? Nothing particularly exciting. The aging Fabrice Fernandes left for £35K and Mohamed Soly left for £100K. Turns out I was wrong in the update. Shows how useful he was that I thought he left though!

Now for the more exciting part. Transfers in. I had a bit of money to play with and used it to strengthen fairly widely.

First through the doors at Romorantin was Vangelis Katsaros. He's Greek, he can play on both sides as a full-back and is technically pretty good if a little naive defensively but at £120K he is young enough and cheap enough to be worth a punt.

Next in was an Australian who I had been looking at on trial. Jimmy Sama is not necessarily world-class and probably never will be but at £26K he will do a decent job as back-up.

Then came Krzysztof Krol, an experienced defender who should add some steel to the back. He arrives on a free.

Next we have Axel Ngando who arrives for £250K from Saint-Etienne. He is a skillful winger who should be a handful at this level.

The next transfer is the one I'm most excited by. Marko Kresic, a young Croatian striker, arrived for £110K. He looks to be the complete striker in the making. He's young, reasonably quick, good in the air, and with good skills with the ball at his feet. He reminds me of a young Diego Pastore. And many of you will know there is no higher praise than that!

Then came more experience, Ivan Stevanovic, technically a replacement for Maglione, he arrived on a free. He's a decent player, no more, but can hopefully help guide the youngsters that have mainly been arriving.

The penultimate signing of the window saw me return to Eastern Europe after my scouts found Darko Knezivic, an 18-year-old central defender who look like he can make an impact in defence straight away and should be a fixture for a few years at least. He cost £300K.

Finally, in the dying moments of the transfer window Romorantin pulled off the most expensive signing in the club's history. Richard Hue is a right sided or central defender who joined for £900K. He is another young player and has just recovered from an injury.

So that was the situation after the pre-season shopping and it ahs just been stolen from an earlier post (the screenshots later will show season's performance and improvements)

The only other transfer was Abdou Traore who came in on a free in December as cover and competition for Marseille.

League

Well I certainly didn't start the season particularly impressively! A couple of defeats by 4 goals in the first two games indicated a season of struggle. However, over the next few months I pulled the team together and we survived comfortably in the end with an 11th place finish. Disappointingly we were struck by inconsistency as we have been in the past and never managed to put together any sort of form that could put pressure on the top half. Still with a bit of strengthening I think I've got a chance of doing more in a couple of seasons time.

Cup

Players

The same system stands - I will put the first choice player in each position in bold, and will italicise the players I think most important or interesting. So here goes:

Goalkeepers

Kola Agbo - Started the season as first choice after fulfilling the role well in our promotion season, but after conceding about 13 in our first three games he was demoted to the bench. He came back towards the end of the season and did well.

Cedric Mensah - Took over first team duties after Agbo's abysmal start to the season. Performed well enough.

Jason Payne - He was again just a decent 3rd choice, still young, but I no longer really think he has what it takes to break through into the first team here.

Defence

Krzysztof Krol - A real mixed season for the experienced defender, he had som good games and he had some truly awful games.

Darko Knezevic - Young defender who was a key member of the team, could do big things.

Ivan Stevanovic - Generally disappointing but provided experienced back-up.

Lucien Owona - again a decent enough back-up played fewer games than he did last season.

Richard Hue - Big money signing, the young French right back has a good future in the game. Struggled to break into the team this season after breaking his leg on debut.

Vito Wormgoor - Another good season for the Dutch defender. He's a very useful player at this level.

Ard van Peppen - played a fair amount back on the right of defence again this season. He's very solid.

Vangelis Katsaros - The young Greek full back, may be naive defensively but is a real force on the overlap, a good player who is starting to attract interest.

Midfield

Jorn Vermeulen - This season underlined why he had been so good in the National League. He's too good for Ligue 2 too!

Stephane Marseille - The captain continues to be an influential player in the middle of the park establishing a strong relationship with Boateng.

Abdou Traore - Came in on a free and initially went into the team ahead of Marseille. He didn't do particularly well though and Marseille came blasting back in.

Nathan Dalton - Struggling to make an impact as the team improves. It may soon be time for the young man to move on.

Axel Ngando - First choice on the left-wing for much of the season, though Roca displaced him in the run in. Performed well enough.

Marcos Roca - Limited appearances this season but generally played well when he got on.

Kevin-Prince Boateng - Key member of the midfield a lot of our play goes through him.

Attack

Claudio Keseru - Not much playing time for the Romanian striker this season and if I recall he didn't score a goal. I think Ligue 2 is a step to far for him. Bless.

Marko Kresic - Being compared to Diego Pastore is a fairly weighty burden for any striker but coming to a new country as a youngster it must be even tougher. Luckily Kresic dealt with the pressure superbly to top score with 20 goals. Well done him!

Giorgio Zanetti - A definite breakthrough season for the striker, established himself as first choice and was a regular goal scorer. He and Kresic have the potential to be a frightening pair at this level and possibly do the job at a higher level too.

Jimmy Sama - Didn't set the world alight.

Ladislas Douniama - Reduced playing time but still got goals occasionally.

Awards

Top Scorer - Marko Kresic - 20

Fans' Player of the Season - Giorgio Zanetti

Youth Watch

Home-grown

No-one worth mentioning yet.

Non-home grown

No-one really.

Aims For This Season Were

Well with the new stadium on the way in a year I'd like to have Ligue 2 football to greet it. So:

1/ Survive in Ligue 1 - I meant Ligue 2! Yes

2/ Try to rebuild my finances - Yes

3/ Generally strengthen the team - Yes

4/ Convince the board to improve the youth set-up. - Yes

Fairly successful I'd say!

Aims For Next Season

Well, a solid season overall - so for next year:

1/ Consolidation

2/ Push into the top half

3/ Further strengthen finances

Other News

So what else happened then. Well this:

Best Elevens

10/11

11/12

12/13

13/14

14/15

Overall

Story So Far

Season			League			Position			Achievements/Wins
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11			National			15th				Avoided relegation
2011/12			National			10th				Consolidated
2012/13			National			8th				Steady progression
2013/14			National			1st				Champions!
2014/15			Ligue 2			11th				Survived

Trophy Cabinet

French National - 2013/14

Previous Updates

2010/11

2011/12

2012/13

2013/14

PRDH - good solid season there Kresic looks a great signing there! hopfully you can hang on to him.....

iacovone - my fingers and toes are crossed for you in the run-in.... SURELY La Liga is waiting....

as for me, apologies for the lack of updates. i've been busy the last few days with the wedding getting closer, but i should hopefully be able to get back on with a bit of Venezia tonight..... :D

Pau FC

Paufc.jpg

French National

2010/11

Games 6 - 10

[u][b]28/08/2010 - Game 6[/b][/u]
[b]
US Raon-l'Etape       0 - 4             Pau FC[/b]

Pierre Aristouy (16,18)
                                       Charles Devineau (34)
                                       Viola (45+2)

[u][b]03/09/2010 - Game 7[/b][/u]

[b]Pau FC                1 - 0             Nimes Olympique[/b]

Medhi Leroy (68)

[u][b]11/09/2010 - Game 8[/b][/u]

[b]Chamois Niortais      1 - 2             Pau FC[/b]

Cyrille Watier (61)                     Pierre Aristouy (35, 81)

[u][b]17/09/2010 - Game 9[/b][/u]

[b]Pau FC                3 - 2             FC Rouen[/b]

Viola (3, 45+2)                         William Louiron (88)
Jardel (79)                             Jean-Marie David (90+1)
                                       Oscar Olou Sent Off (80)

[u][b]25/09/2010 - Game 10[/b][/u]
[b]
Paris FC              3 - 0             Pau FC[/b]

Remi Souyeux (27, 48, 81)

The League Table

|---|--------------------|--|--|--|--|--|--|---|---|
|[b]Pos[/b]|[b]Team                [/b]|[b]GP[/b]|[b]W [/b]|[b]D [/b]|[b]L [/b]|[b]GF[/b]|[b]GA[/b]|[b]GD [/b]|[b]PTS[/b]|
| [color=SeaGreen]1 [/color]|La Berrichonne      |10|7 |0 |3 |19|6 |+13|21 |
| [color=SeaGreen]2 [/color]|Pau FC              |10|6 |3 |1 |19|9 |+10|21 |
| [color=SeaGreen]3 [/color]|Nimes Olympique     |10|6 |3 |1 |11|2 |+9 |21 |
| 4 |FC Gueugnon         |10|6 |2 |2 |13|5 |+8 |20 |
| 5 |AS Cannes           |10|5 |4 |1 |17|9 |+8 |19 |
| 6 |Evian TG FC         |10|5 |3 |2 |13|11|+2 |18 |

We move up to second in the league with another good 5 game run. Games six to nine went to plan as we secured maximum points, but leading into game ten things seemed to go horribly wrong.

After being comfortably in front and cruising at 3-0, a red card for Rouen seemed to spell trouble for us. A quickfire double for them saw the last two minutes feel like an eternity. We were close to a huge meltdown. We managed to hold on but we lost two players, one half of my so far fantastic CB partnership Jeff Strasser and my influential AMR William Mocquet, through suspension. Strasser absence at the back was far too obvious, and our defence was all at sea for the entire game against Paris. It was a shocking performance and made us feel like the newly promoted team we are.

I'm hoping with Strasser and Mocquet's return we can turn things around immediately, but it seems we are starting to show some defensive frailties which will need to be addressed if things continue on trend.

Anyway, back to the positives. Aritouy and Viola are really on song. Both have scored six goals in their opening ten games. Another player who deserves a mention is Dieudonne Bikoyoi. The second half of my CB partnership has played in nine of the ten league games played and has performed superbly in every game. Carrying an average rating of 7.34, and having helped the team with two headed goals, his impact has been fantastic so far this season.

April 2021

Castillo (1st) 0 - 0 Celta (13th)

Granada (12th) 2 - 0 Castillo (2nd)

Acosta (17,76)

Castillo (2nd) 2 - 1 Hercules (6th)

Schober (37,56) Jaron (92)

Mallorca (16th) 0 - 1 Castillo (2nd)

Jaume S/O (87) Stepanovsky PEN (30)

A dubious start to the month saw us drop 5 points but we've responded well with two big wins to keep the pace with Valladolid. We're just 2 points off the top and looking as if promotion is within our reach now

Doing well tomsmith. Is that the same Viola who performed a memorable cameo for Brazil at the 1994 World Cup, then apparently disappeared from view?

Thanks. It certainly is. 10 caps and 2 goals to his name. At the time he was playing for Corinthians, and then had a season stint at Valencia in 1995-96. Then moved back to Brazil for the rest of his career, except for a couple of seasons in the Turkish top flight with Gaziantepspor in 2001-03. I also have Jardel who has 9 caps and 1 goal for Brazil.

EDIT: Going really well iacovone. Bit of a shame to get beaten by Granada, but at least it didn't get to the team.

May 2021

Castillo (2nd)        3 - 1        Alaves (15th)

Schober (11,14)                    Etxabe (56)
Kantimoiris (46)

Albacete (22nd)       0 - 4        Castillo (2nd)

Stepanovsky (7)
                                  Schober (8)
                                  Merola (65,76)

Castillo (1st)        1 - 3        Girona (16th)

Stepanovsky (91)                   Bueso (3)
                                  Potato (35,51)

Athletic Bilbao (4th) 0 - 0        Castillo (1st)

Bognar S/O (81)

Castillo (1st)        2 - 0        Osasuna (19th)

Andreev (1)
Cabezas (85)

A mixed month really. The loss to Girona was really surprising particularly after the thumping 4-0 win over Albacete. Perhaps it was overconfidence? Anyway we secured a solid draw at Bilbao and remained top before beating Osasuna to...wait for it...SECURE PROMOTION \o/

I actually didn't realise how close we were to securing promotion so the news came as a welcome surprise. So now the challenge is to ensure we finish top and claim our first ever trophy! We have 1st v 2nd next away at Valladolid before and away trip to Castellon. Finally we celebrate at home against relegated Rayo. We have a 1 point lead over Valladolid.

:)

May 2021

Valladolid (2nd)      1 - 0        Castillo (1st)

Gomes (19)

Castellon (10th)      1 - 2        Castillo (2nd)

Satilmis (37)                      Merola (48)
                                  Cabezas (67)

Castillo (2nd)        3 - 1        Rayo (21st)

Cabezas (28)                       Mokoena (45)
Schober (44)
Merola (76)

Well as expected we lost to Valladolid with such a depleted squad. 1-0 was actually far better than I expected given that 2 of our defenders were making their senior debuts. As it turned out our final two wins weren't quite good enough to clinch the title. A real shame that this was taken away from us by the unavailability of my youngsters. Oh well. Its top level titles we want now.

Season report should be up shortly :thup:

Juan Baldomero's...

Castillo C.F 2020/21 End of Season Review

Liga Adelante

The "cruising to our destiny" Edition

2nd|Graph

Predicted Finish: 10th

Transfers

Squad

Finances

Season Ticket Holders - 126 (last year 119)

Estimated Value - £10.25m (up by £3.5m)

The Generalities...

A fantastic year for the Canary Islanders saw us unexpectedly promoted. I say unexpected but to be honest once we got into our rhythm it never looked in doubt. I'm certain we were the best side in the division but we did drop points inexplicably now and again. This prevented us winning the title, which was a bit of a shame but I'm just happy to be moving up to Liga BBVA.

The Players...

As is customary I introduce you to the promotion achieving Castillians:

Gks...

Reinhard Thiessen - Played the vast majority of the season and did really well. Is definitely the clubs number 1, just a question of whether or not he can shine in the top flight. Secured second in the goalkeeper of the year award.

Fran - stepped in and did admirably as our back up. He holds the record appearances at the club but will be leaving this summer on a free.

Defenders...

Petr Stepanovsky - Started off very badly but grew with us over the season and was relied on from the spot. Scored plenty of goals and became part of a strong defence.

Sergio Rodriguez Ortega - Solid season from the ever-improving Ortega. Shame to see him demand a transfer in January but I have the feeling he might stay now :p

Serafin Gago - an up and down season for the RB. He started well but had to play all across the defence and so performances sometimes suffered.

Lisandro Dure - the young centre back held us together once he returned from a torn calf muscle early in the season. Suffered from intense media pressure but on the whole had a great year.

Giannis Athanasiou - Greek left back started really badly and then wanted to leave so I decided he'd contribute no more to our season.

Alejandro - didn't expect him to play from the off but the injury to Dure meant he had to step in and by all accounts did well.

Midfielders...

Riza Bozdag - on the fringes this season really and made the majority of his appearances off the bench.

Christos Kantimoiris - followed up with another strong season for us in midfield contributing well in both the goals and assists column.

Marco Carletti - Club captain played a bit part this year and is leaving the club on a free this summer, he has been a good servent to the club.

Airam Cabezas - my player of the year for his consistent performances in CM. Scored far more goals than his attributes indicate he is capable of.

Peter Bognar - an average to good season for the Hungarian. Basically very steady, not much more to say.

Sergey Andreev - Had a great first year at AMC setting a new assists record for the club. He is going to be the clubs new vice-captain next year.

Strikers...

Robert Schober - was 3rd choice striker this year but really did well when required. With better composure he could be class but I think he may struggle to get there. Still, a good first year for him.

Alberto Merola - The main man comes back to prove the doubters wrong with his best ever season for Castillo! Started slowly but grabbed us by the horns and hauled us up into Liga BBVA. Also scored his 100th goal for Castillo this year.

Axel Elgh - What an awful season for my player of last year. Scored just twice and by the end of the season had gone over 1300 minutes without a goal :eek:

Matias Canini - Did well as 4th choice, but didn't impact the club as much as I'd hoped.

Average Attendance: 5790 (last year 4259)

Fans Player of the Year: Alberto Merola

My Player of the Year: Airam Cabezas

The League Campaign...

Well it was a comfortable promotion chase in the end. After about 10 games we found consistency and strolled to the top of the league. Alberto Merola's attacking prowess was key, as was the solidity of keeper Thiessen and centre back Dure.

We go up with Valladolid and Bilbao (who made a late surge) and replace Alicante, Las Palmas and Malaga. Real Madrid won their title back finishing a long way ahead of Betis (!) and Valencia. Barcelona slipped to 5th in a poor season. The highlight goes to Cordoba who were one of last year's promoted sides. They finished 8th.

The Copa del Rey...

Same story for us this year, losing at home in the 3rd round to a recently relegated side (Bilbao). We have a better chance next year.

Other Stuff...

Club Info

Facilities - Youth facilities were improved to 'average' this season.

Best XI

Best Overall XI

We set a new attendence record in our last game of the season against Rayo

The Plan...

Well its likely to be a very busy summer as we have about £5m in the bank. We need to strengthen all over if possible but in particular we need some experience in the ranks. Ultimately though we need to survive. This is our first year in the top flight after 11 seasons of toil in the Spanish lower leagues.

Progress so far...

Season   Division          Position     Achievements
2010/11  2nd Division B1   15th         N/A
2011/12  2nd Division B1   12th         N/A
2012/13  2nd Division B1   8th          N/A
2013/14  2nd Division B1   13th         N/A
2014/15  2nd Division B1   10th         N/A
2015/16  2nd Division B1   2nd          Lost in 2nd Round of Playoff Phase, Quarters of Federation Cup
2016/17  2nd Division B1   3rd          Promoted via the Playoffs
2017/18  Liga Adelante     18th         Survived
2018/19  Liga Adelante     13th         N/A
2019/20  Liga Adelante     5th          N/A
2020/21  Liga Adelante     2nd          Automatic promotion!!

good old review iacovone... i reckon you'll need some good signings to survive but the finances will be great if nothing else... remember you were relegated with Savona first season and remember where that went... the main question is though... "Will you get more than 126 season ticket holders!!" :D

good old review iacovone... i reckon you'll need some good signings to survive but the finances will be great if nothing else... remember you were relegated with Savona first season and remember where that went... the main question is though... "Will you get more than 126 season ticket holders!!" :D

Haha! Surely, surely, we can get more than 126 season ticket holders! And yes I remember Savona well...that is why we HAVE to stay up this season. Can't be doing with another year in Liga Adelante :rolleyes:

Congrats of promotion iacovone. :thup: What to do about Elgh though? You must be having doubts over his suitability for the Liga BBVA...

Very concerned with Elgh to be honest. I'll have to keep an eye on him in pre season but I'm open to any forward I consider an improvement. Such a shame as he was dynamite last year.

EDIT: We can scout the world now \o/

I'm on the verge of signing the great Andres Iniesta!! He may be 37 and fairly unable to run but he still has the technical and mental attributes that will make him a star at Castillo for a season anyway.

EDIT: Signed him :cool:. New club captain :cool:. I'm mighty pleased with myself :cool:. Over and out :cool:.

Well it was a far less active transfer window than I expected with us signing just 4 players :o. Iniesta was joined by IRL goalkeeper Luckasz Fabianski who is 36 but still a Poland international and now first choice for me. I found a young Scottish AMC called Gordon Hart to come in on a free and signed a Finn called Ake Honland. He is a young CM and one for the future.

We came close to signing a very good Brazilian CM but he damaged his cruciates and thus failed his medical :rolleyes:. Basically my problem was not wanting to blow my whole budget on players I felt were just shy of an improvement on the squad. So I've decided that I'm going to let my scouts do their job for the next 6 months and spend the cash in January. Just need to hope we can rack up a few decent results in that time to keep us in the division!

Archived