FM10 Small Club to Big Club Big Euro Nation Challenge

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck rlipscombe.

I just came back from 3-0 down to take a draw. A great performance from the team.

I'm also trying to lure Kevin-Prince Boateng to Romorantin. He's gone from having no intention to being tempted if the offer was good enough in just over a year. Soon I shall have him!!

edit - Just as I was typing that he's agreed to join. He should be a top quality player for the French National division. I'm really pleased with that. I consider it as something of a coup!

I wish we could buy wins tbh. Though obviously in our financial state there's no chance of that happening! Seriously though, we are getting absolutely hammered in this league. We're going to HAVE to beat the other teams that came up just to stand a chance of surviving. Personally with 1 point from 5 games I think we're going to go straight back down :(

EDIT: Got a point at home to Athletic Bilbao of all teams but then lost 3-0 away at Tenerife. Tough times.

EDIT2: YES!! Got our first win at the 9th time of asking :D, 3-0 over Cordoba. Super Alberto Merola with a hattrick! Takeover still hasn't happened. Its now November :mad:

iacovone - Yes! Good job :D Just keep it up, you'll go on a string of some surprise wins eventually. I thought I was done for in January in our first season in the top division, but we got out of it when I least expected it. Really hope that transfer embargo goes away for you soon though, preferably before the squad registration opens again in December.

Summer transfer window is over. Here's our 6 new signings.

• Alan Dzagoev - Already talked about, contract was out, real catch.
  • Jose Juan - Spanish left-back, bought for £4M. Might take over for Benedetti already this year. Benedetti is talking about wanting a new challenge.
  • Carlos - Already mentioned. 17 year old Brazilian/Spanish midfielder. Huge talent. Cost £3,1M from Santos.
  • Ion Esparza - Spanish defender. Young and talented, was part of Getafes team most of last year. Had a minimum fee release clause of just £1,7M.
  • Adrian Marquez - Talented Spanish striker. Bought from Recreativo for £4,1M
  • Antonio Costantini - Italian winger, another talent. £3,3M from Roma.

Interestingly all but Costantini and Dzagoev had minimum fee clauses I used. You can find some brilliant deals that way in Spain. Most clubs give really small clauses for the first contract. And of course, we got 3 new Spanish players which is really nice.

We sold a few players as well. Sanchez left and retired. Karl Barrett left for Rangers for £700K (he was just a young prospect goalkeeper). Shalamanov left for Roma for £8M, great deal I feel. Esparaza should become better. Saavedra left for Juventus for £7M. He had one year left on contract and hardly played last year. Wanderson is a good enough 3rd choice anyways. Giulio Rossi left for Arsenal for £17M. Not a deal I wanted, but it's lots of money. Been trying all summer to find a new good right-winger. Costantini might become one. For now Bianchi and Ribeiro will just have to step up. I'm confident Bianchi will do great. We won't see much of the money from transfers for a while though as all deals are over x months.

We still have £16M to spend on players if we want to. I could have gone and bought some real quality, but I'd rather not spend it all in one go. I don't feel we are big enough to risk paying £15M+ on one player just yet. And I'm happy with those I got, all talented and with potential to be good (or leading stars).

We played the Spanish Super Cup. Espanyol was beaten 3-1 away (Ferri 2, Calzado). And a very entertaining game at home ended with a 5-2 win (Krasnov, Ferri, Benedetti, Dzagoev, Vlcek). So we got another trophy already. :thup: And still scoring for fun.

We where 3rd seeded in the draw for the Champions League group stages. Manchester United!! Porto! And Rapied Wien. Two teams we've met before. We beat the crap out of Wien last year. And Porto we beat at home but lost away. So with some luck we might go through, but I'd be happy with 3rd, we're likely to get further in the EURO Cup and that would give us more reputation.

(edit) We got another trophy! Chelsea won the Champions League last year and we met them in the Super Cup. Ferri played crap, probably man marked, but we found 2 goals before they got one back. Ended 2-1 and we deserved it I think. Might have to up my goals for the season a bit.

Well well well iacovone's tactical mastermind comes into play once more. Upon the realisation that every goal we tend to concede is because our crappy full backs get beaten, meaning a CB comes over to cover, then they cross to an unmarked man at the backpost who scores, I am now employing a rigid 5-3-2 with a flat back 5! So far so good - a 2-0 away win over Ejido and a 1-1 draw with resident big timers Racing Santander :D. Maybe the season isn't a write off after all :cool:

Now lift that damn embargo :mad:!

My scouts found an amazing young keeper who is seen as potentially a good BBVA keeper! Just need some money to sign him. They've also found a Dutch CM who is also very talented. On a free too - except I can't even sign them :(

1. FC Magdeburg German Third Division 2013-14 - summary of summer

The budget for the new season left me very little indeed for new signings - zero for transfers and a wage budget I was almost on - so I knew I'd have to do some wheeling and dealing just to be able to extend the contracts of my key players. Eventually I moved on no less than six of my first team squad, plus various fringe players, while bringing in five for the first team and a couple 'for the future' - all free transfers. The arrivals first:-

Boban Grncarov (D C) - big, tough Macedonian journeyman centre-back who should be a first choice. Slightly slow but has most other stats I look for. Cheap, too.

Jose Semedo (D/DM/M C) - versatile Portuguese player I intend to use mainly as a DM. Well-rounded and should be good at this level.

Markus Heppke (AM RL) - stats don't look great, but he has played very well for Dresden for the last three years, and his ability to run both sides is very welcome.

Braganca (AM RL/S) - another Portuguese, but this winger has performed with distinction at this level for Braunschweig.

Orhan Serdar (S) - Turkish/German dual national, signed at least in part due to the 'four German under-23' rule, but does look promising enouh to make an impact off the bench.

Alejandro Puente (D L) - hummed and haahed about getting yet another young Spaniard, but Puente just looked too good to pass up. I expect him to vie with Abbas Pishyar as Voigt's successor.

Said Ali (D C) - actually signed in January as a prospect. Very promising young defender.

The departures:-

Club stalwart Philipp Haastrup (D C) would probably have been good for another year, but wouldn't have stepped up and I wanted his wages off the balance sheet - the E55k fee from Chemnitz was a nice bonus. The fans who welcomed his direct replacement Grncarov were too thick to see this and whinged about his departure, sigh.

January signing Natxo Insa (AM RC/F C) wasn't here long before E30k from Furth saw him move on. He was on too much money.

Christian Kinkela (AM R) - although I tend to be wary of selling to clubs in the same division, E250k from Erfurt was simply too much to turn down for a talented but frustrating winger.

Jim Muller (AM RLC/F C) and Elias Pech (AM L) - no longer under-23s, both became much less desirable as a consequence, and I was unconvinced they really had what it takes. E150k apiece, from Essen and Stuttgarter Kickers (I never had that sort of money to spend when I was there!), was a sweet return.

Fabian Lamotte (D R) - the sale I least expected to make. My scouts still rated him as a good Second Division player, but he didn't really stand out and E180k from Unterhaching was good business for a player who would probably have been released next summer.

Overall, the transfers left me with E5k under wage budget and with E210k available to spend or convert into wages should I feel the need to strengthen in January. Our balance is also healthy, at around E760k.

Summer transfer summary

We are predicted to finish 7th, where we ended up last season. I've told the board top half, but really I want to shoot for promotion. With Kullmann and Durak up top, and hopefully a somewhat more durable defence, I see no reason why we shouldn't go for it.

iacovone, congratulations to your promotion and to some amazing cup performances. I've always said that a cup had its special rules and the same has happened in my game, with Farense being much more competitive against stronger opponents in cup matches.

Ohanzee - wow, the first European championship in this challenge, grats! Your finances look amazing, but then again Spain is a whole other world in that regard. Good luck in your future seasons, next time I expect a good Champions League performance :)

To all others good luck as well. As for Farense, I'll be posting a season summary for 2015/16 at some point today. It's been our first season in International waters, so to speak, and it's been a real interesting year.

Well done on getting to the Euro Cup quarters Gilbster.

All I can say about my game is goodness gracious me, first friendly against Torino (a team who were in Europe last season) and beat them 4-0 with a Steve Pinau hat-trick. Then the board accept a £1.7m bid for Pinau from Murcia, don't want to lose him but that would almost take me back into the black, however he rejected the contract. Still a couple of clubs interested but no more offers as yet.

Hope you can keep him berty! Try offering a new contract!

Our takeover is finally completed 5 months later! The new chairman is not providing anymore investment but has taken out a £4.3m loan to get us £1m in the black. Now this means a bit more room to work with on the old wage budget but no transfer budget as yet.

well league over with now - the play-offs will come tomorrow night. i've just checked and my points haul this season wouldv'e won me the league last year... :( Bloody Como!! ;)

Forgot to tip my hat in your direction mate! Shame you couldn't win the league but I have confidence you'll crack the playoffs this year :thup:

EDIT: Just secured another of our great results, beating Celta Vigo away 3-1 with ANOTHER hattick for Alberto Merola!! He's gonna keep us up at this rate :D

EDIT2: Yes! Embargo lifted at last and now the board have confirmed its time to improve the youth facilities! Finally we may get a Castillo household name...

SC Preußen Münster

Manager Profile

Predicted finish - 17th

Actual position - 3rd

League Table & Graph

First division player Stats

Transfers

With the finances in the black, I decided to take a chance with new players. Multi million pound players bought improved the squad exponentially. Although the team took a while to find its feet, it was an exceptional season from then on as our fast, direct, counter attacking tactic worked wonders and we finished third in the league, having scored the maximum number of goals. Once the defense becomes a little better, I think we will be ready to challenge for further honours.

The German cup run ended at the Quarter final stage as we went out to a single Dortmund goal scored in extra time.

First Team

[url=http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq241/echosid/50ManuelNeuer.png]Neuer[/url]

[url=http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq241/echosid/3SelukKula.png]Kula[/url]    [url=http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq241/echosid/37MathiasJrgensen.png]Jorgensen[/url]      [url=http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq241/echosid/41AndreaEsposito.png]Esposito[/url]    [url=http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq241/echosid/14CristianAnsaldi.png]Ansaldi[/url]

[url=http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq241/echosid/42LorikCana.png]Cana (C)[/url]     [url=http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq241/echosid/39MateSimao.png]Simao[/url]

[url=http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq241/echosid/7ClmentChantme.png]Chantôme[/url]

[url=http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq241/echosid/10Bernardo.png]Bernardo[/url]        [url=http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq241/echosid/20Jdson.png]Jádson[/url]

[url=http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq241/echosid/26DembaBa-1.png]Ba[/url]

Season        Division        Position       Achievements

2010-2011    Third Division      1st          Promotion
2011-2012    Second Division     3rd          Promotion via Playoffs
2012-2013    First Division      12th          -
2013-2014    First Division      3rd           -

iacovone - looks like you may have turned the corner mate :thup: and now the transfer embargo has been lifted surely things can only get better. a couple of good free signings and you could be away. It sounds like there are a few big names in that league....

ohanzee - congrats on both super cup wins. the Chelsea win must surely give you some confidence for the CL campaign. i wouldn't rule out a semi-final appearance..... like the look of Jose Juan and Cosantini. Marquez looks potentially best signing for me. great stats already for a ST in my opinion.

el sid - great second season in the Bundesliga there. the gamble on signings seems to have really paid dividends. does that mean you're in the CL??

berty - good luck keeping Pinau. pre-season sounds promising!

polar bear - good look for the new season. Grncarov looks a good defender for that level.

iacovone - looks like you may have turned the corner mate :thup: and now the transfer embargo has been lifted surely things can only get better. a couple of good free signings and you could be away. It sounds like there are a few big names in that league....

If only you were right. Despite the odd glimmer of a good run, we keep getting pegged back and are currently on a 6 game winless run. This leaves us 19th out of 22 and just in the relegation positions.

I've signed a German GK to eventually take over from Fran and a Dutch RB to play immediately. I also have another Dutch CM in but he hasn't impressed so far. Need Merola to find his scoring boots once more..

Oh God we've just lost an absolutely crucial game against 21st placed Cadiz.

We went 1-0 up through Merola. He then had two goals disallowed for offside. They then equalised. Carletti put us back in front. I went defensive, they made it 2-2. Merola misses a point blank header on 90 mins and then we concede a 94th min penalty :mad:. Lost 3-2.

That's a shame ToMexico. This challenge certainly isn't for the faint hearted at times. 7 years it took me to get out of that bottom division! 7 bloody years! And it looks like we'll be going back down :mad:

The save isn't certainly dead, its just on hold. Maybe after a few seasons on mediocrity in Malaysia then I'll realise what i've done with Elgin and go back to them.

Keep the Fafe ToMexico, just push through it.

Sorry I have been quiet guys, I am in the busiest 6 weeks of the year at work, so I am getting in one friendly a night as The Afys! and that is all, I have been reading the thread, good work appearing by all. I am also away this weekend, and next weekend for a 50th & a 30th, then it is the busiest two weeks at work and I am running it this year. Then I should be able to get into the game more, of course if you have done the math it will be the middle of December before I have a break.

Good Luck to everyone else, I will be around and watching :)

My Chairman at Pisa is starting to make my job a little harder!!!

With less than 1 week to go to the first game of the new Serie B season he has accepted bids for both my first choice CB's.

This could be an interesting start to the new season!!!!

EDIT - and now 1 day before the first game he has accepted a bid for my young Belgian GK that has seen us through the last 2 seasons!.

Hallescher End Of Season 2011/2012

Media Prediction: 20th

Graph

League. Quite happy with the season, started bad but with change in tactics we slowly found our form. I think that a promotion next season could be on the card, well atleast I hope so.

Squad 1Squad 2

The squad i pretty old and lots of deadwood there. Most players are reaching there latter stage in there careers so will be replaced in the next transfer window. Markus Muller was a clear Star Player scoring 12 goals, goalkeeper Ron-Robert Zieler did well with an avarage rating of 6.89. Backup striker José María was good scoring 4 goals in 11 apps.

Aims For Next Season

Promotion via playoffs or champions.

Get a good left winger.

Thanks Iacovone, it was very frustrating.

Thankfully i had got a good backup GK in over the summer and he is now going to have to step up.

I have some young hot prospects that i may have to play for a game or 2 at CB while i bring in 1 or 2 players with more experience with the transfer funds i will be getting.

I have had a good first game of the season at home to newly promoted Arezzo, winning 4-0.

Good season there bjoggi :thup:. Sets you up nicely for a promotion charge next year! Ron-Robert Zieler is a great keeper to have at that level.

I'm not sure how but we've gone and won our last 2 games in the league! We even beat 2nd place Salamanca. Quite impressive and puts a gap of 3 points between us and the relegation zone. There is hope

iacovone - Glad the transfer embargo is over! And facility upgrades ohoy! Told you them wins are gonna come when you least expect it. :thup:

el sid - Awesome season! Good luck in the Champions League! Putting my money on you finishing the challenge in the least amount of seasons.

Gilbster - That don't sound good. But you've turned it around before, aim for that Champions League spot!

StellaF1 - Good to see you winning even with your chairman doing his best to ruin your season :)

bjoggi33 - Well done, good season that! Good luck pushing for promotion next year.

I haven't had time to play any more, but will try and get some games done now. Just need to make something to eat first.

(edit) Congrats Uffe!! :D

rlipscombe - How do you feel about those playoffs? Think you'll do it? Crossing fingers, good luck :thup:

iacovone - Just noticed your stadium is now bigger than ours hehe.

Ohanzee - i don't really know. our form is so unpredictable it's hard to predict... going into the semi 1st leg now, away at Valenzana.....

EDIT: and we're through the away leg with a 1-0 win, after a tense match... We have something to protect at home.....

just played the second leg.... 2-0 up after 60 minutes, we were coasting to the final. however, we conceded two goals and were left holding on at the end for a 3-2 aggregate win.

Final here we come!! :D

EDIT: In the other semi, i'd say that touch wood we have the "easier" opposition.....

iacovone - Just noticed your stadium is now bigger than ours hehe.

\o/. Hurrah, we have one thing over Noja!! Do you not have any expansions coming?

just played the second leg.... 2-0 up after 60 minutes, we were coasting to the final. however, we conceded two goals and were left holding on at the end for a 3-2 aggregate win.

Final here we come!! :D

EDIT: In the other semi, i'd say that touch wood we have the "easier" opposition.....

Best of luck mate. Forza Venezia!!

\o/. Hurrah, we have one thing over Noja!! Do you not have any expansions coming?

No my board said it's not possible cause of space issues or something, so I need a new stadium, which I guess won't happen for a long time.

Grats on promotion rlipscombe!

Sounds good iacovone. Good luck in the run in.

Our Ukrainian stopper Krasnov just tore a hamstring and is out for 2-3 months. He'll miss the entire group stage of Champions league most likely :( Clayton will have to step up again.

On a bright note our facilities got another upgrade. Good training / Adequate youth now.

Oh God, we just lost back to back games against Lleida and Ejido, two teams below us, bringing the gap down to 2 points. This is going to be so close and it looks as if we're hitting a rough patch. 9 to go :(

Good luck in the CL without Krasnov Ohanzee :thup:

Cheers. We've played two matches so far. We beat Rapid Wien at their ground 2-0. And then we managed this against Man Utd :D

Filippo Ferri has 14 goals in 10 matches so far, he's on fire. If anyone plays with a lone striker, try putting him as a target-man with supply "to feet". Works amazingly well for me so far. I only turn off the target man if we face 3 central defenders.

(edit) We just played Getafe with our second string attackers including new Spanish striker Marquez up front as the target man. He scored a hat-trick and we won 5-0 :D

And then we go away to Real Madrid and are 4-0 down after 47' minutes. I swap out the 3 worst performing players, which included Ferri. And low and behold we make it 4-3 (and could easily have won the game with better finishing). I really hate how games just change from one thing to the complete opposite so fast. I don't find it realistic at all. And with that I will say good night :p

Fantastic season El sid, Leverkusen seem a long way off but can you catch them up? Bjorn Blind. :D

Good season bjoggi, promotion push next season.

Well done on promotion Uffe, have you won the league as well, I guess we'll find out soon.

That is some result against Man U there Ohanzee :eek:

Yes, Pinau signed a new contract (only another year) and I increased his minimum clause to £10m, he now plays as a natural striker too.

Archived