rancer890's FM10 Small Club to Big Club Asian Challenge

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brettneys Uzbek Adventure - Season 3 - 2012.

Our first season in the big leagues turned out to be much better than the relegation battle everyone expected it to be and we ended up mid table and to be honest if it wasn't for a poor run of form towards the end we could of easily been top 4. We even found the time/form to have a good cup run which only came to an end against the always dominant Paxtakor in a Quarter-Final to remember. Well actually we'd like to forget the first leg but the second was impressive we was 3-0 up at their ground until the 91st minute when they scored to take the game to extra time where we gave up and they scored another 2 goals 6-4 on aggregate.

Oliy League Table - Confidence - Finances - Transfers.

Squad Stats.

Players:

Mykola Pavlenko; GK 33 Ukrainian.

Came in on a free performed ok but because of the 3 foreigners rule i'm in the process of trying to replace him.

Guillermo Salas; RB 38 Peruvian.

Was voted the fans player of the season but was only ever going to be a short term fix and i think i've found his replacement.

Oleg Melnyk; CB 32 Ukrainian.

Had an excellent season missed a few games because of the 3 Foreigners rule scored 2 goals from CB.

Sergey Luschan; CB/CM/DMC 39 Uzbek.

Again spent the season at CB even though he did start the year playing CM it didn't last long. Retiring before the new season.

Ilja Klikunov; LB 31 Uzbek.

Chipped in with 2 assists as well as earning 3 Man of the Match awards.

Elmurod Nizomboev; AMR 24 Uzbek.

Just about made the RM role his own shared it with 3 other throughout the season. Did score 2 set 2 up and win 2 M.O.M awards.

Umidjon Hoshimov; CM 21 Uzbek.

Struggled to get fit for the first couple games of the season then missed a couple of games through u21 international participation but did eventually come good and jumped ahead of both Guevara and Kucharenko in the pecking order.

Bahodir Pardaev; CM 25 Uzbek.

Our CM was poor and we just couldn't keep a pairing in that worked Pardaev was the best of the many we used to partner Hoshimov.

Najmiddin Meliqulov; AML 29 Uzbek.

Helped out our caurse with 4 assists.

Azizhon Ibragimov; CF 26 Uzbek.

Didn't quite live up to the highs of the season before but it was our first time in the top tier afterall scored 9 with 2 assists.

Otabeq Isroilov; CF 23 Uzbek.

Was signed towards the end of the season only scored 1 but thats not really what i signed him for 4 assists in his support role was more like it.

Year  Division        League Pos    Uzbek Cup
2010  Birinchi Liga      3rd.        1st Rd.
2011  Birinchi Liga    Winners.    Finalists.
2012   Oliy Liga.        8th.        Q-Final.

To JSalter and everyone else who had previously played in Indonesia: I looked at the U23 Indonesian schedule and my ACL schedule and 5 of the 6 games conflict. I've basically stopped playing my game for the time being until I get answers on this issue. It's not fair that I have to play my backups against tough opposition from China, S. Korea, and Japan. I might also have a chat with the Indonesian HR (and Indonesian based players if any) if I can find him to get a reply.

That's rubbish :thdn: Seem to be a few problems with Indonesia this year, don't remember anything as bad as that last year.

I'm a bit bored of Indonesia at the moment anyway. Finished 4th in my first Super League season, and in 6th half way through the 2nd. I expect I'll come back to it later, as long as any issues like above get fixed.

Can anyone shed any light on this. In Iraq I start with qualifying for confederations cup, I won that, got into champions league and made the 2nd round. Now though I have only be entered for the confederations cup again, I would have thought that since I got through the group I would at least have got one the preliminary round spots for the champions league, seems a bit mean that I have to do like a 2 year mega asian cup run thing.

Can anyone shed any light on this. In Iraq I start with qualifying for confederations cup, I won that, got into champions league and made the 2nd round. Now though I have only be entered for the confederations cup again, I would have thought that since I got through the group I would at least have got one the preliminary round spots for the champions league, seems a bit mean that I have to do like a 2 year mega asian cup run thing.

I've not had chance to look at how it works this year, but I expect it's because the winners of the Confederations Cup were from Western Asia. Therefore, they have to replace a Western Asian country, and Iraq's teams must have performed worst (did 2 qualify?)

Mosul 2014/15

Its quite tricky to pull away in this league with some other teams being so good but we finally broke their back and won it quite easily. Top man for sure was superb front man and Mosul captain, Moustfa Kareem in his 4th and best season for me. I'm also very excited by youngster Rafid Salih who will play a much larger part next season for sure.

I had to play in the confederations cup again which is annoying but easy, as we strolled through the group. Muscat (Oman) [1:0, 4:0], Ahli (Bahrain) [2:1, 1:0] and Al-Hilal Hudayda (Yemen) [5:1, 3:0]. In the second round we destroyed Thai side Osotsapa 4:1 the rest of the competion to be played next season.

Domestic;

Season | League | Playoff | Cup
10/11  | 5th    | N/A     | 2nd Qlfy
11/12  | 1st    | Winners | 2nd Qlfy
12/13  | 1st    | Winners | Winners
13/14  | 1st    | Winners | Final
14/15  | 1st    | Winners | Qtr Final

Asia;

Season | Competition | Position | Score
2013   | Conf. Cup   | Winners  | 3-2 vs Al-Kuwait
2014   | Champions   | 2nd Rnd  | 1-5 vs Esteghlal Ahvaz
2015   | Conf. Cup   | Ongoing...

Good season Quackje. Pity you're back in the Confederations Cup. Maybe if you can find some evidence that it's not right, you can go to the Bugs Forum and make your case (which I already did for the Indonesian issues :D)

I can contemplating starting a new save, in Japan, China, or Saudi Arabia...but I might just go back to Indonesia after a little break. I've been playing this game non-stop. :D

Well the problem is that its based on a very non-fm thing in real life. Much more than just how good one team is but more is the league competitive/professional/financially sound etc... So I guess if I did what I have done on this and the war was over and such like then the Iraqi league might well be assessed to be champions league worthy. The thing is I have no idea if any of this is implemented at all.

Mosul Asia Update

In the quarter final we met Ahed of Lebanon and won easily 2:1 at home, the goal we conceded was a horrendous mistake and I was very angry to conceed an away goal like that. More so when I was 2:0 down away but Moustfa Kareem saved us again.

Next up the toughest team in the competition Al-Wahda of the UAE, thankfully 3 of their best players including a Gabonese international and former Alta IF and Tromsø player, Norwegian international Tore Reginiussen who I expect to turn up in the premier league soon in real life were injured. Still we needed a masterful performance from 18 year old talent, Rafid Ridha who played the supersub role perfectly. The second leg was even and boring and we lost 1:0 but who cares.

In the final we faced Al-Tadamun of Kuwait who seem to be the worst of the Kuwaitis and they were a bit rubbish so we won 2:0 to take the title for the second time.

Just a quick Champions League update. Like I mentioned before, Saudi teams dominate this competition, as you can see below. Our run:

2nd round: Al-Ahli (KSA) 2-1

Quarter Final: Okayama FC 6-4 agg(4-1, 2-3)

Semi Final: Al-Hilal (KSA) 3-3 agg (1-2, 2-1 won on penalties)

Final: Al-Ittihad (KSA) 1-0

Yes, we won the Champions League on our first attempt! Highlights included the nail biting semi final against my personal enemy, Al-Hilal, made worse by the fact we played them in the league (and lost) between the two games. Three consecutive against my rival, with losses in the first two, made that penalty victory all the sweeter. And the lone goal in the final came in the 91st minute, I was really stressing out during that one.

So on to the Club World Championship, full of confidence. We won our first game against Gold Coast United 7-3, setting up a semi final with Valencia, which we unsurprisingly lost 2-0. A 2-1 victory over Kaiser Chiefs did earn us third place in the competition, and some nice prize money. My team for this competition is actually stronger than my domestic team, as I went a little overboard on foreign signings, as I'll talk about in my season update...

As I thought might happen, the champions league isn't too tricky when you're the best Saudi side. Certainly looks like your run had a very domestic feel to it though, not sure how long/much luck until you can take the club world championship.

Quakje, you're right, once you have one of the best teams in a high rep league (especially when its the only league running), continental competitions aren't too tough. 3 of 4 semi finalists being from Saudi Arabia shows that this nation is dominant. Kind of makes me wish I had started in Nepal after all... By the way, are you still doing your mad foreigner report? For some reason I always found that interesting.

rancer890, I'm going through the same serious problems with internationals this season that you experienced. I just went through a stretch where nearly all of my first team (except the foreigners) were away on international duty, missing league and Champions League games. Needless to say, this season isn't going quite as well as the last.

Looks like the international problem occurs all over Asia... :(

I might head back to Indonesia to finish up my ACL games, or start afresh in the Hong Kong Third Division. Still deciding, although I will probably go back to Indonesia, and head to HK later after I'm done with Indonesia.

Shame Nepal can only get into the President's cup, it looks so interesting every year like a team any random nation seems to be able to win it. Anyway on with the mad foreigner watch;

Country    | #  | Change
Iran       | 3  | +1
Liberia    | 5  | ±0
CAR        | 5  | ±0 
Niger      | 7  | -2  
Reunion    | 1  | ±0 
Lesotho    | 11 | ±0
Ethiopia   | 1  | ±0  
Mauritania | 1  | +1  
Sudan      | 1  | +1
Yemen      | 1  | +1

Looks like the international problem occurs all over Asia... :(

I might head back to Indonesia to finish up my ACL games, or start afresh in the Hong Kong Third Division. Still deciding, although I will probably go back to Indonesia, and head to HK later after I'm done with Indonesia.

Can I suggest St. Josephs rancer if you do decide to venture down to the 3rd division in HK? :D

Can I suggest St. Josephs rancer if you do decide to venture down to the 3rd division in HK? :D

I wouldn't mind..but what's special about them? :D

Do they play at **** Kok Stadium like all the other teams in HK. :D

EDIT: M-o-n-g Kok Stadium. Why is it censored lol...

I wouldn't mind..but what's special about them? :D

Do they play at **** Kok Stadium like all the other teams in HK. :D

EDIT: M-o-n-g Kok Stadium. Why is it censored lol...

I play for them! :D Unfortunately not in the game though :(

Yeah, we play there occasionally but the majority of the time it's in Kowloon.

In my current save, they're actually my feeder team!

I play for them! :D Unfortunately not in the game though :(

Yeah, we play there occasionally but the majority of the time it's in Kowloon.

In my current save, they're actually my feeder team!

You know you can go up to Frank Ng (Asian HR), and state your case to be in the game. Of course, you're not allowed to say that you have 200 CA/PA...you have to be realistic... :p

I think your reason is more than good enough to make me have a go at HK. After I get home from uni, I'll start holidaying through a season in HK. :)

Nahhh, I always wanted to go back. I lasted one season in HK in FM08, winning 0 games, and haven't managed in that country since. :D

Raware just gave a decent enough reason to go back. They also have a very good foreign policies. 10 foreigners in the top flight iirc and short time to get citizenship which will help with the international element. :D

Good Luck Shorty Boy, Congrats on the ACL win Nightowl.

I just played in my first ever televised game and won against Bunyodkor Toshkent! :D (Why more happy than i should be about this i suppose).

Edit: We're playing 36 match unbeaten Paxtakor next (They have also won the league title 2 years running .. so dominant yeah!?) oh and we are unbeaten so far this season (10 league games 5 Cup games).

This champions league season is ridiculous, so much déjà vu.

The preliminary round semi final was a repeat of the confederations cup final against Al-Tadamun and the final against Al-Nassr of UAE which connoisseurs will remember as the team I faced in the preliminary round semi final last time I was in the champions league, both of these game were very uninspiring 1-0 wins unlike the extra time fun I had last time.

My draw for the group also looks very familiar as yet again I will face Bunyodkor of Uzbekistan and Al-Wahda of Saudi Arabia, the only change being which Iranian side I will face, this time its Esteghlal Tehran.

Also I just realised I haven't lost an Iraqi league match for over 1.5 years.

Okay, I'm now back in Hong Kong, and I'm now the manager of...the Police! :D

The lads (all newgens) lack some technical and mental ability, but they are all very good physically, which must be a testament to the rigorous training regimen in their day job. :D

First things first, I need an ass man, coach, scout, and physio...

Second day on the job, I'm rumoured to be taking a HK First Division job! lol...

They are a Third Division outfit, with no real players whatsoever. We play at 700 (200 seater) Police Sports Ground, with no corporate facilities, fairly basic training facilities, and minimal youth facilities...

Yep its just a quirk of the Chinese leagues. Good luck in Maldives Sazchu, from the reputations they are the worst league in the confederations cup. Mind you I have a bit of a thing for Dhagandey and and Ibrahim Fazeel from the times I've played as DPMM, Dhagandey is the best player in all of south asia to be honest :)

Well Raware St. Joseph's weren't an unplayable team...so they were ineligible for this challenge. :D

The attendances are funny and our first game had 16 fans, although counting the number of fans in the 3D stands, it looks like a bit more than that. :D

Hong Kong isn't a bad place to manage in, especially playing against teams with names like Fire Service, Sun Source, Hong Kong Telecom, Five-One-Seven, Kowloon Fruit & Vegetable Merchants Association and of course the Hong Kong Police. :D

My goal is to get out of this division asap. There's no money in the lower leagues...

You know, names like Kowloon Fruit & Vegetable Merchants Association almost make me want to play there.

Can you show me your "best" player, I found when I looked at even the top division in Hong Kong last year at the bottom of it the players were basically absolutely hopeless so I'm wondering what they look like that low down.

Archived