rancer890's FM10 Small Club to Big Club Asian Challenge

Nice work Nightowl. Just keep getting better, and hope you get promoted soon. :thup:

blowcrapup: I plan on asking some people about Japan and how to get club information and staff...if you decide to try out UAE, simulate a year and start with the worst club. :thup:

TBH a lot of the Japanese teams look made up even with the fake file gone. So they more than likely won't have any information available.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I deleted the n.league something file also seems to of sorted the team names out (well alot changed anyway) My club is now called Black Pecker Hakodate almost as interesting as Daito Grim Reapers it is abit rubbish that you cant see the club info screen etc. you can see you staff you just have to go around-about way to find em ... I'm sticking with Japan for the time being though ... Oh and the unbeaten run continues 4 games into the second season 1 win and 3 draws :confused: and i'm now onto my 5th tactic it just seems whatever i do i draw.

Played my friendlies and most of the games were won with ease, but i drew a few and lost 2.

Im enjoying it so far, made quite a few signings, missed out on Xu Liang though :( who i remember from an fm09 game in hong kong, really good player, alot better than anything i have, shame he wanted wages i couldnt afford.

First competitive game is against Dalian Yiteng, who if you remember, i could have managed :p the game is a cup game, but ill probably leave it until tomorrow.

Good luck kabajingai! I think I played in China in a previous version, I seem to recall a rule that required you to have a Chinese keeper. Am I remembering the right league? You'd think that would really drive up the price of decent Chinese keepers...

I'm pretty sure that rule applies for all the major AFC leagues (deffo Korea and Japan.)

Good luck kabajingai! I think I played in China in a previous version, I seem to recall a rule that required you to have a Chinese keeper. Am I remembering the right league? You'd think that would really drive up the price of decent Chinese keepers...

Good job brettney1980, MachinegunHead, & ShootTheRunner! For the Australian league players, since you play an odd-number of games, do some teams play more home games and some more away? I'm curious how they work that out.

Yeah you do. It is really just luck of the draw.

Some months you might have 3 home games, some months you might have none. Given that the league is a financial glass house, the scheduling can throw a few stones at you here and there.

I deleted the n.league something file also seems to of sorted the team names out (well alot changed anyway) My club is now called Black Pecker Hakodate almost as interesting as Daito Grim Reapers it is abit rubbish that you cant see the club info screen etc. you can see you staff you just have to go around-about way to find em ... I'm sticking with Japan for the time being though ... Oh and the unbeaten run continues 4 games into the second season 1 win and 3 draws :confused: and i'm now onto my 5th tactic it just seems whatever i do i draw.

I googled it and that may be a real club name.

Link to Japanese badges. I can't find any other info on google but I didn't look very hard.

Edit: I lost 9 of my first 10 games in UAE so that went out the window. I'm going to have a play through the leagues before I start posting about it.

I googled it and that may be a real club name.

Link to Japanese badges. I can't find any other info on google but I didn't look very hard.

Edit: I lost 9 of my first 10 games in UAE so that went out the window. I'm going to have a play through the leagues before I start posting about it.

Thanks for that glad i have the real club name now ... Was appropriate though that we got to be called Daito Grim Reapers over Halloween though :D

I was just testing out the edited databases and ran a holiday game in Guam (took about 15 minutes to go through the season, and that's on my slow laptop :D). Reset date is June 28th and I can upload the game saved at June 27th if anyone's interested. A quick look around at the players and staff available suggest it will be quite a challenge! ;)

I think I'll start a game here at some point, as I have unfinished business with Wellington in the A-League. Can anyone playing there check that the bug keeping New Zealanders away for 3 months for the Oceania Cup has been sorted? Cheers :thup:

Nice week kabajingai. I wish I can have those weeks once in a while. :D

Thanks Big D for the save. It's now added to the OP. :thup:

Glad to see you're settled in blowcrapup and tough luck brettney. Two seasons without a loss is very impressive. :D

As for me, I've settled into Indonesia...It's been fun so far...well except for a 3-0 home loss Persipura in the Indonesian Cup. We're going to lose heavily in the away leg. :D

Blowcrapup in Iran - Season 2010/11

After much moving round (I loaded 6 different leagues) I finally settled in Iran with Mashin-Sazi Tabriz. Here is my profile - Me

Starting off with newly promoted side Mashin-Sazi seemed like it could be achallenge but when I looked they were predicted to finish 11th in the league this season. Looking at the squad it was clear that they were more than likely the relegated team from the 08/09 season and after googling it they were one of the relegated teams. The English version of their name is Machine-Sazi apparently. Interestingly they are based in Azarbaijan but play in Iran.

Anyway back on topic they had a slightly stronger side than the other teams facing relegation but they still had gaping holes in their side with a least one poor player in Defence,Midfield and Attack. I brought in 13 players before the transfer deadline and another 2 in January, spending a grand total of ........... $5k. Most of these were from the trial day and didn't play a single game. All of my U18's are all 1 star recommended apart from 1 so I needed some good prospects in. There will an exodus of about 15 players who couldn't cut it.

Preseason friendlies went well with the side winning 5 of their 6 games only losing to a Premier League side. I said earlier that we were 7th after 14 games and although we did move around slightly that was where we finished. We managed to Win 10 Draw 5 but Lost 11.

We did managed to score 32 goals but not one player managed to get into double digits with my top scorer being a midfielder who scored 7 goals all of them penalties.

The cup was terrible with us going out 1 nil to a Premier ship side in the 2nd Qualifying round.

League Table

Seasonal Results

2010/11 - Iranian First Division Group 'A' - Finished 7th.

Honours

None...Yet.

Just holidayed in Indonesia. (Barito Putra finished 4th in their Division 1 group). I'm now looking for teams that meet my strict criteria:

(i) Decent stadium size

(ii) Do NOT begin with P.

(iii) A team that I don't dislike from FM09.

The 2nd one will definitely be hardest.

EDIT: (ii) might not be possible, I'll take a team beginning with P as long as they don't play in blue.

Just holidayed in Indonesia. (Barito Putra finished 4th in their Division 1 group). I'm now looking for teams that meet my strict criteria:

(i) Decent stadium size

(ii) Do NOT begin with P.

(iii) A team that I don't dislike from FM09.

The 2nd one will definitely be hardest.

EDIT: (ii) might not be possible, I'll take a team beginning with P as long as they don't play in blue.

Persmin are a Professional club, have average attendance of 10,000+, have decent facilities (basic training, basic youth + academy), and most importantly, they play in red. :thup::p

Earendil was Persmin last year iirc. The average attendance is tempting, it's between them and Medan Jaya. Medan Jaya have much worse attendances it seems. Both are in Barito's group, so I'll be reacquainting myself with them soon (is it just me or do I seem to mention Barito Putra in every post in this thread? :p)

Just got to finish off some work, then I'll get this started.

Rancer, do Indonesian clubs still not get youth players? Last year they were all created without a club.

Black Pecker - Season 2011 - Japanese regional Hokkaido League.

Black20Pecker20Hakodate.gif?t=1257360861

Final Table.

To help with our low wage budget i made alot of offers for Loan players trying to get some for has little wages as possible i did manage to get 3 2 being forwards (we really struggled to pick up any Forwards this year other than the Loanees).

We managed to convert some of our Draws into wins and even though we lost our first ever league game on Matchday 8 it didn't ruin our season too much and we still had a chance of entering the Promotion Playoff league we had too win our last game of the season against top side Goal Plunderer and unfortunately they got the better of us beating us by a single goal in a match where our Forwards just didn't turn up (literally in the case of Argentine Striker Gonzalo Bonafina he was out with a virus.

The cups were good for us with the Board being very happy with our runs - Confidence.

We got to the 3rd Round of the Emperor's Cup and the 1st Round of the All-Japan Shakaijin Cup.

Squad Stats - Finances.

I was also offered another Job at the end of the year a Club 2 Divisions above us no less:cool:

I don't think i'll be changing my squad around as much going forward as i think we're settling now so i'll introduce a few names ...

Masahiko Sato; AMR/L/C 29, Japanese.

Won the Hokkaido League MVP (Most Valuable Player) as well as getting the Hokkaido Leagues most Assists Award. Also made the Hokkaido League best 11 of the season.

Gonzalo Bonafina; CF 25, Argentine.

Was 3rd top scorer in the Hokkaido League with 3, was injured most the season and only made 5 apps for us this year.

Kohei Narita; AMC/CF 18, Japanese.

Our top scorer for the season joined us on loan from Ehime FC.

Hiroki Koshiba; CB 16, Japanese.

Made his League debut for us at 15 and played a very important part for us this season even earning more M.O.M Awards than the rest of our squad.

Yuta Ono; RB/LB 28, Japanese.

He was our highest average rated player performing consistantly for us playing in every League game.

Ri Hae-Kun; GK 32, North Korean.

I managed to upset our fans a little by letting our previous GK leave (I didn't think he was good enough) they hopefully was impressed with our replacement though.

Season        League      Position       Cup runs
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010     Hokkaido League     4th    Emperor's Cup 2nd rd/All-Japan Cup 2nd rd.
2011     Hokkaido League     2nd    Emperor's Cup 3rd rd/All-Japan Cup 1st rd.

Say hello to the new manager of Persmin Minahasa. We're known affectionately as Manguni Makasiouw, but I'll think I'll stick with Persmin. No honours since formation in 1963, something that I'll be looking to put right swiftly.

We play our home games at Maesa in Tondano, which has a capacity of 15000, 8000 seated, with fairly basic training facilities, and basic youth facilities with an academy. Our starting balance is £62,487, not too bad. The media prediction for this season is 2nd, which could be difficult, especially as we've only currently got 5 players.

So, here we go, Indonesia Part III!

Earendil was Persmin last year iirc. The average attendance is tempting, it's between them and Medan Jaya. Medan Jaya have much worse attendances it seems. Both are in Barito's group, so I'll be reacquainting myself with them soon (is it just me or do I seem to mention Barito Putra in every post in this thread? :p)

Just got to finish off some work, then I'll get this started.

Rancer, do Indonesian clubs still not get youth players? Last year they were all created without a club.

I haven't seen a youth player at my club...all the newgens signed were unattached.

And nice year brettney. Better finances then me at least, and I'm hoping that I finish in the black. The cup matches against Persipura gave us a finances boost though. :thup:

Say hello to the new manager of Persmin Minahasa. We're known affectionately as Manguni Makasiouw, but I'll think I'll stick with Persmin. No honours since formation in 1963, something that I'll be looking to put right swiftly.

We play our home games at Maesa in Tondano, which has a capacity of 15000, 8000 seated, with fairly basic training facilities, and basic youth facilities with an academy. Our starting balance is £62,487, not too bad. The media prediction for this season is 2nd, which could be difficult, especially as we've only currently got 5 players.

So, here we go, Indonesia Part III!

Good luck with Persmin. They're fighting relegation in my game. Beat them twice already. :cool:

Playing my 10th game of the season, and i still havnt won :( drew 3, but im 6 points behind 13th

16 more games after this one, i need to get my team sorted out, and into winning ways

And i was winning this game up to 82mins, and they equalised

Im just a crap manager haha

Good season there brettney1980, hopefully next season you'll get promotion. Your finances don't look great, I guess there's not much money around at this level in Japan. Do you get any prize money from the cups?

No prize money for the cups. The chairman has pumped between 26k and 34k into the club 4 times so we'd of been in the red if this new guy wasn't so generous. Good luck in Indonesia JSalter.

Al-Tohami 2012-2013 Season Update

Another season, another update. With the clubs offensive problems last year, I decided to bring in some veteran strikers/midfielders to bolster the attack. My scouts recommended plenty of cheap and unattached (had only £5k for transfers) players... and all of them laughed when I offered a contract. So plan A was out, on to plan B. I signed up several young players who had been released by their former teams (mainly in the Premier League). They may have looked bad to their former teams, but they looked great to me. 2 defenders and 3 midfielders later, I had my new team, though I didn't manage to sign a striker. Hopefully my issue last year was not creating chances from the midfield, and not poor finishing up front. To replace my retired keeper, I also signed our first senior international, the U.A.E. U21 and senior team starter.

Things were looking promising, more so when the media began hyping one of my new youth system products, hyping Saudi Premier League teams being willing to pay £2.5 million for him (and causing me to immediately sign him to a 5 year deal)! For a team whose balance has hovered around £40k (peaking just over £100k) during my first two years this would be huge, even if I had to lose the player. An offer even came in, and I hesitated a bit before clicking on the news item, as I didn't really want to decide between keeping a solid prospect and the potential financial windfall. The choice was made for me when I saw the offer. £2k plus £12k over 12 months, plus something like 20% of profit on next sale. I laughed, and after they refused my counter offer, I never received an offer again.

So how did the actual season go? Well, losing our first game 2-1 on a 92nd minute offside goal wasn't a great start, but then we went on a run, and I'll let the table speak for itself:

League Table

We clinched the title after game 21, and didn't lose a second game until game 22. Maybe my strikers weren't the problem after all, they managed to score with my new midfield providing the chances. Time for my youngsters to prove they belonged in the Premier League after all! Hope they're up for a challenge, since (a quick 2013-2014 preview) there are individual players in the Premier League who make half my total wage budget.

Back again next season, maybe with some extra screen shots to introduce the finances/players now that I'm in the top league. The real work starts now!

We are currently on fire when it comes to scoring as our last 3 games have gone 4-0, 4-3 and then a huge 7-0 win away against Newcastle Jets which made them fire their manager. Cristiano has been the star in all 3 games with 2, 4 and then 3 goals in the games. Between Cristiano (15 Goals) and Matt Simon (13 Goals) they have scored more then 6 teams in the A-League.

Well both my Ass Man and Coach have left to take roles elsewhere and not only are any potential replacements nowhere near as good but they sign a contract then cancel it straight after with no reason ... Whats that all about!?

Hmm...that doesn't happen with me. Any staff that accepts your offer immediately cancels it?

Post it in the bugs forum maybe?

Persma update

We qualified out of the first phase with 3 games left. I want to finish first but it seems JSalter are managing Barito Putra in my game and are the only team ahead of me in the standings. :)

I would want to show you all a screenshot but I can't make one in Windows 7... :(

EDIT: I finished 1st in my group and eventually lost in the 2nd Stage Final. However, the important thing is promotion in the first season to hopefully boost my not-so-very-good finances.

We have finished the second season 16 points clear on top which means that if we win the A-League finals we have completed the 1st part of the challenge. No team seems to be able to stop Cristiano and if he has an off day then Simon seems to step up.

Persmin pre-season 2010 update

The league season is underway now, and I'm fairly happy with my squad, despite it having an average age of only 19. Pre-season started poorly, with 0-2, 0-0 and 0-1 being our first 3 friendlies. However, after that my players seemed to adapt better to my tactics, and the next 4 games ended 1-0, 1-1, 1-0 and 2-0. All of our friendlies were at home to teams from higher leagues, so there were plenty of positives to take from the last 4 games at least.

My star player looks to be 16 year old Syahrul Akbar, signed on a free. His technical stats look brilliant for this division, so hopefully he can be the class act, and help us to have a successful season.

Our first league game of the season was away to Persiku, who are predicted to finish top of the league. Without any away friendlies, setting up our tactics required a bit of guesswork, but it worked perfectly. 2 early debut goals from Akbar and a late 3rd for another young striker, Tony Hidayat, secured a 3-1 win, and an excellent start to the season.

Well done on promotion rancer, trust Barito to get in the way though!

Last season at Brisbane Roar I was playing my Marquee, Scott Chipperfield, as a DL which is his 2nd best position after ML. I noticed that he was unhappy (possibly due to being played out of position) so I threw him into ML, and moved someone else into DL, and all of a sudden he is thriving. I've scored about 4 or 5 goals in the past 4 matches from him crossing it in perfectly to the head of Van Dijk. It is almost like these two players were meant to be together!! I also managed to pick up Kisnorbo at the start of this 2nd season, which is a relief as Moore is getting on with his years.

Blowcrapup in Iran - Season 2011/12

We started strongly beating recently relegated Steel Azin 1-0 in the opening game. We continued strongly winning 3 out of our next 4 games. We then came up against our bogey team Etka Gorgan who promptly beat us. The shock of this forced us to lose our next game as well. This started a huge run of games where we would win one week and lose the next. Apart from the odd few games this happened from October to January where we re-discovered our winning form.

We were stuck mid-table and it looked like we were heading for a 7th placed finish again this year but a run that saw us pick up 11 points from 15 in the final few games pushed us up to 5th.

Our cup run was slightly better this year with us drawing a non-league side in the 2nd Qualifying who we beat 3-0. We then drew arch-b******s Etka Gorgan in the 1st Round who dumped us out in 1-0. We have actually only managed to take 1 point from them accross the two seasons.

On other fronts one of the players actually made double figures this year round. Koroush Barmak scored 13 goals in 26 games this season. His striking partner only managed 8 in 20.

The reason our form was so inconsistent was a combination of injuries especially to the keeper who was out for 4 months and bans.

Another possible reason is pre-match press conferences. At the start I was doing them all but as I am trying to do uni work at the same time I started to leave them for my Ass Man. This is when my form started to suffer and towards the end of the season when I started to do them myself form improved. However having said that it could have been because my 1st team keeper returned from injury. There could be possibility for an experiment in here if someone has the time to do it.

On the transfer front 13 players did leave us last year with another load of crap, out of contract players on their way out this year. We brought 5 players in this year 4 on free transfers with the other, an Austrian Iranian, costing $80. Yes that is just $80 dollars, for the price of an Xbox game and a few McDonald's meals you can buy a man. What a world.

Screenshots

League

Confidence

Finances

Past Positions

Seasonal Results

2011/12 - Iranian First Divison Group 'A' - Finished 5th. Iranian FA Cup - 1st Round

2010/11 - Iranian First Division Group 'A' - Finished 7th. Iranian FA Cup - 2nd Qual Round

Honours

None...Yet.

Archived