rancer890's FM10 Small Club to Big Club Asian Challenge

After a long absence (uni, work etc.) I've finally got around to getting FM 10 and thought I'd dive straight in at the deep end and try out this challenge. For some reason the lure of managing in Iraq was overwhelming, so here I am!

Al-Karkh seem a reasonably big club, they were runners-up in the Asian Champions Cup in 1989 and it was a surprise when they relegated a few years ago. Looking forward to this, and will keep you updated.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sazchu,

thanks for the help. If I may ask one more thing, how can I make my picture show in one full window (just like rinso's ^^) instead of taking me to the photobucket website (just like mine currently is)?

Mucho appreciado ;)

When you've uploaded the image to photobucket, select the "direct image link" and post that here...

How do i make neat and tidy links? - {url=X/]Y[/url] - first you will need to replace { with [ - i had to use these so you could see the code. Then X = the site itself, e.g. www.hotmail.com etc, and Y = what you want the link to look like.

So, if i replace { with [ and make X "www.hotmail.com", and Y "This is a nice shiny link" - we should be left with..... This is a nice shiny link

edit: just seen this in the patch list, too.... >

Hong Kong

---------

- Adjusted Hong Kong's continental competition qualifiers (League Winner and Senior Challenge Cup winner qualify).

Adelaide United FC Season 1 - 2010 - 2011 - Almondo

Hyundai A League

Fixtures Pt 1 Fixtures Pt 2

Had an easy start to the season but started to get mired down after about 15 games only winning the title on the final day due to Central Coast Mariners only getting a draw.

Hyundai A League Finals Series

Semi Final Leg 1 Semi Final Leg 2

Final

Came up against the Mariners again. They seem to be my bogey team as I've had trouble beating them.

1st team Squad

Transfers

Player of the season

This has to go to Cristiano. this guy has been on fire.

Golden Boot Foreign Player of the Year

Finally here is the Manager of the Year

Season    League    Position    Final Series  ACL                    CWC    
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   A-League  1st         2nd           N/A                    N/A       

season #7 > rinso @ Police (HKG)

Another season down, and an improvement on last time, although we're still some distance behind our eventual goal of 1st place. Despite not being able to draw games this time around, we managed to finish higher up the league than last time!

Cups were much better this time around, aided I think by our inability to draw matches this season. In the past we've gone through to extra time quite often, so thats obviously tired my players out.

We're still along way in the hole, financially, and I can't see it improving much until we qualify for the ACL. I've got some good players in the squad, but its trimmed right down to the bare bones, with maybe 1 or 2 spare players. Its lucky theres usually a decent ga between matches, or I'd be really struggling when someone gets injured!

league table

transfers

squad

home screen

edit: I dunno whether to be pleased or annoyed, but just got a message saying we have qualified for the Conf. Cup due to finishing 4th last season (its now mid-november!)

Adelaide United FC - Season 2 - 2011/12 - Almondo

League Table

Fixtures pt 1 Fixtures pt 2

Pretty easy season this one. Only losing 1 game which was the last game of the year against the mariners

Hyundai A League Finals series

Semi final Leg 1, Semi final leg 2

Final

Managed to avenge the loss last season in the final.

1st team squad

Only one transfer in this year in the form of Evan Berger. Although I have let 3 players leave on a free

Player of the season

Giving this to Cristiano again although he missed out on the golden boot

Player of the Year, Foreign Player of the Year

Golden boot

2nd consecutive Manager of the year

Currently I'm in the group stages of the ACL. Will update on how that goes later on.

2011/12   A-League  1st         1st           N/A                    N/A

Brettneys Uzbek Adventure - Season 9 - 2018.

Another double winning season garantee's us Champions League football next season we really dominated the league this year so much so that we'd already won the title with 4 games to go. Not only that i played an entire team of not only non first teamers but 7 debutants and we still won 1-0. We also won the Uzbek cup final with backup players and drew the last 3 games of the season as well. Now the ACL how did we do? We scrapped through the group stage and struggled scraped and downright fluked our way all the way to the ACL final which we lost 3-1 but we enjoyed the immense achievement and look forward to aiming for getting that far again next year!

Oliy Liga Table - Finances <Look we're in the black :D

Uzbek Cup Final.

ACL Group - ACL Tree - ACL Cup Final.

Squad Stats 1 and 2.

First Team Squad;

GK. Shuhrat Mansurov.

RB. Aladislav Ahmedov.

CB. Anton Narziqulov.

CB. Shuhrat Mehmonov.

LB. Aqbar Ismatullaev.

DMC. Roberio.

LM. Neto.

CM. Igor Petukhov.

RM. Anatoly Abduraimov.

CF. Rustam Hasanov.

CF. Jose Diaz.

Rotation Players:

CM. Temur Yarboboev.

RB/LB. Pavel Hamdamov.

CF. Ronny Torres.

DMC/CB. Gustavo.

LM/CF. Diego.

CB. Aqmal Ahmedov.

On to International news Diego and Petukhov have took Uzbekistan passports and have made their debuts for their new country.

Year  Division        League Pos    Uzbek Cup   ACL
2010  Birinchi Liga      3rd.        1st Rd.
2011  Birinchi Liga    Winners.    Finalists.
2012   Oliy Liga.        8th.        Q-Final.
2013   Oliy Liga.        2nd.      Finalists.
2014   Oliy Liga.        2nd.        Q-Final.
2015   Oliy Liga.     Champions.   Finalists.
2016   Oliy Liga.        2nd.      Finalists.  Group Stage.
2017   Oliy Liga.     Champions.    Winners.     N/A
2018   Oliy Liga.     Champions.    Winners.   Finalists.

season #8 > rinso @ Police (HKG)

Well, thank goodness that seasons over with!! We had some success in some areas, not as much as I would have liked, though, and the league was very disappointing.

There's no doubting the two bright spots, though;

Qualified for the next stage of the Conf. Cup.

Won the Senior Shield.

I'm pleased with our performances in the C/c, especially as qualifying for the latter stages will further boost our bank balance, which is almost back in the black!

Finally managed to find a decent fitness coach, not bad after 8 years, so there's been alittle re-structuring behind the scenes, with probably more to come, as two scouts are declining new contracts saying their wages arent high enough, when i'm offering what theyre asking for!!

Definitely need to strengthen for next season, a couple of right wingers are the priority, really struggled on that flank this time.

League > finished 5th

Senior Shield > Winners!

League Cup > Semi's

FA Cup >

ACL > Qualified as group winners

homescreen

Been drawn against Selangor (again) for the knock out round, and won that, 2-1.

One thing I really do not understand, is watching some of the AI transfers in the lower leagues. Teams like Sham Shui Po, are constantly taking players on trial, and subsequently signing, players that will be ineligible for them. Its like they somehow don't realise what theyre doing! They must have signed and lost several Argentinians this way (3 to me) over the past few seasons, and it shows no signs of abating.

Nice season there rinso. At least your league positions are improving every year.

One note about my season, I signed Mark Viduka as a coach but am gonna offer him the assistant manager's position as my current ass man's contract is up at the end of april and I have no inclination to renew his contract.

So close brettney. Good luck next year. No more money making friendlies though! :D

You keep improving rinso. Hope you can do well in the rest of Confed. Cup campaign. :thup:

Nice work getting Viduka on your staff Almondo. Nice to get those former players back in football. :)

Adelaide United - Hyundai A-League- 2016/2017 (Season 7)- Ethan13

Note: Squad screenshot and Djite screenshot were taken before the final 3 Asian Champions League games.

We were once again looking to win the ACL for the first time.

A-League (Regular Season)----League Table----Graph

Scored a lot of goals at the start of the year but dropped a bit in the middle and Melbourne looked like winning it. We beat them away in the second last game of the year to practically seal the title.

A-League Finals Series- Very disappointing as we lost on penalties in the final. This is the first time we haven't won this since my first year in charge.

Asian Champions League- Finally we won this. Full review can be found here.

Club World Cup- Our first season in this and it started well as it was being hosted in Australia and we beat Central Coast 3-0. We faced Juventus in the Semi and despite our best efforts 3 defensive mistakes cost us as we lost 3-0. The third place playoff was crazy as we were somehow up 3-1 at half time before they got it back to 3-3 and then they scored a brilliant goal to win it 4-3.

Finances- Once again money went well as we won the ACL and through the CWC.

Transfers- McGowan and Fatic joined at the start of the season but lost lots of players at the end of free transfers. Spanish midfielder Pallardo is also leaving but I am getting a very nice 5 million for him. Danning joined at the end of the season but I will need a lot of new players for the next season.

Squad

Key Player- Bruce Djite- His best season ever at the club and it turned out to be his last as he joined FC Utrecht on a free transfer. He came so close to 50 goals for the year and fell just one short on 49. Brilliant and is now on the favoured personnel of the club.

Fixtures Part 1 Part 2

Aims from Last Season

-Win ACL ACHIEVED

-Add more depth to the squad ACHIEVED

Aims for Next Season

-Win back final's series

-Win ACL again

-Attempt to win CWC

-Re build squad

Domestic:

2010/11   A-League  3rd         3rd           N/A                    N/A       
2012/13   A-League  2nd         1st           N/A                    N/A
2013/14   A-League  1st         1st           Lost in Quarter Final  N/A
2014/15   A-League  1st         1st           Lost in Semi Final     N/A
2015/16   A-League  1st         1st           Runner's Up            N/A
2016/17   A-League  1st         2nd           Winners                4th

Good season there Ethan. Unlucky with the loss in the finals series and good show against Juve. I may have to have a look a Djite as another striking option as really all I've got is Cristiano, Valci and Sekulovski. Plus I need another couple of wide players.

Adelaide Uniteds ACL adventure Part 1 2012 - Almondo

Okay so the group stage drew us against Seoul of South Korea, Giurrare Yokohama of Japan and Chanba of China The results of all games are below.

Group and fixtures pt 1, Group and fixtures pt 2

So there we are got through to the 2nd round and who do I come up against but my arch enemies The Central Coast Mariners.

2nd round.

As you can see wee managed to put them out of the ACL with a narrow win using a new tactic which had seen us get absolutely trouced by Seoul 5-1 in the final group stage.

Lets see what the Quarter final draw will bring up for me later on

In other news I've hired Mark Viduka as my assistant manager and to replace him as a coach I've hired the one time Leeds and Liverpool player Harry Kewell.

Adelaide Uniteds ACL adventure part 2 2012 - Almondo

So the Quarter Final draw came upon us and we were Drawn against Japanese opposition in the form of Okayama FC.

Quarter Final Leg 1, Quarter final Leg 2

Well after beating Okayama we drew Korean opposition in the form of our nemesis from the group stages Seoul.

Semi Final Leg 1, SemiFinal Leg 2

So not a very good performance in the Semi Final but to be honest I didn't really expect us to get as far as we did in the ACL this year.

In the final however Seoul came up against Saudi Arabian opposition in the form of Al Ahli losing 1-0 in the final.

ahhh this game is such a relief when the insomnia kicks in...

We've been playing well this season so far, despite two early-season losses in the league. The performances have been good, and the results, in general, have been positive. None more so than in the Confederations Cup, where we reached our first ever final!!

Confederations Cup Final!

We certainly weren't overawed by the occasion, and we got a nice tidy sum of £186k for the result, which has put us nicely back into the black again!

One other thing of note, the Chairman is now "willing to listen to offers" so we willl have to see if there are any further developments this season.

We're currently sitting 3rd in the league with 15 points from our opening 7 games, so hopefully that should make us a reasonably attractive proposition for investors, however, given my previous experience of takeovers in Hong Kong, the wait is an exceedingly worrying one!!

edit: Just to add, we've qualified for the 2019 Staging of the Asian Champion's League!! Unexpected, but delighted to be in there, and that should really help our bank balance along! Not expecting too much, as a fair few of my players wont be able to play, due to the foreigner restrictions, but we'll see how it goes...

season #9 > rinso @ Police (hkg)

Well, what a season this turned out to be!!

ACL > Group stage (3rd)

League> 2nd

FA Cup> Semi-finals

Senior Shield> Semi-final

League Cup> Semi-final

home screen

The takeover went through (promotion from within) but it all seems to be the same as before, no major changes/investments.

The squad has remained pretty much the same, still over my wage budget, so signing players isn't really an option!

I may, however, have to cash in on my keeper soon, as he requested a transfer when he was understudy to Juninho, and, despite having replaced him, being the #1 for a couple of seasons now, not missing a game, and being the only keeper at the club, he still refuses to withdraw his request and wont sign a new deal. With his current contract up in 2021, time is running out!

The main events of the season were:

Qualifying for the ACL, and performing well in our group. It was, however, a group of two halves, as we won our first 2 games, then lost the last 4, meaning we missed out on the knock-out stages.

Unfortunately, suffering the "match divergence" bug and being eliminated from the League Cup, despite winning after extra-time! (gutted)

Definitely my best season in charge so far, and hopefully it will continue! Need to keep qualifying for the ACL to make any kind of progress though, as its the only time we make a decent amount of money! STILL not been able to upgrade facilities/youth setup, so they're still amongst the worst possible!

Seem to be suffering another bug, this time with the feeder clubs. I can ask my board for one, and it goes back to the inbox screen, but there's no news item saying they accept the request, and theyll look for a club, nor do i get a message when the search is done... :mad:

edit: forgot to say we're in the Conf. Cup again next season, despite finishing higher in the league than last time?!

Adelaide United FC - season 3 - 2012/13 - Almondo

League

League Table

Fixtures Pt 1, Fixtures Pt 2

The league didn't go as smoothly as last year did. losing a couple more games this year but still being top of the table for most of the year. 2nd place was being fought over by Sydney FC, Melbourne Victory and those pesky Central Coast Mariners, with the Mariners getting 2nd place for the 3rd year running.

Hyundai A-League Finals series

Semi Final Leg 1, Semi Final Leg 2

So after beating the Mariners 3-2 on aggregate it came down to the final once again against the Mariners. The 3rd time in as many years that this has been the final.

The Final

Asian Champions League

Quarters and Semi's

Transfers

IN

Troy Hearfield

Robert Waller

Hamid Mombeni

Mohsen Norouzi

Peter Payne

All except Payne have played in the 1st team. Payne has just joined on April 1st.

Out

Scott jamieson sold for £100,000 as he wanted a move to a bigger club yet went to Belgium.

David Elston Released on a free as he wouldn't get a game.

Player of the Year

Once again I feel the only player worthy of this accolade is Cristiano

He's been my best player this season earning 3 accolades for his performances

Golden boot

Foreign Player of the Year

A League Player of the Year

Once again i have been made Manager of the Year

Aims for next season

Get to the final of the ACL

strengthen in a couple of areas of the team

2012/13   A-League  1st         1st           Semi Final             N/A

I will post the update for the group stage of the 2013 ACL probably on wednesday.

Adelaide United - Hyundai A-League- 2017/2018 (Season 8)- Ethan13

After winning the ACL last season we were looking to back that up and hopefully win back the A-League Finals Series.

Our best points total yet as we dominated the league again.

A-League Finals Series- It was good to win this back although it looked like we might lose in the final again at one stage.

Asian Champions League- Not great as we disappointedly crashed out at the quarter finals on away goals.

Finances- Lost money due to having to pay back for our stadium expansion and because we went out early in the ACL.

Transfers- The squad saw a lot of changes this season as a lot of players left which meant new ones needed to come in.

Squad

Key Player- Francesco Monterosso- Took over from where Djite left off as he scored an impressive 29 goals. He has always been the 3rd choice striker but it was nice to see him step up.

Fixtures Part 1 Part 2

Aims from Last Season

-Win back final's series ACHIEVED

-Win ACL again FAILED

-Attempt to win CWC FAILED

-Re build squad ACHIEVED

Aims for Next Season

- Win ACL

Domestic:

2017/18   A-League  1st         1st           Lost in Quarter Final  N/A

Adelaide United FC's ACL Adventure 2013 - update 1

Okay so in the group stages we came up against Tianjin of China, Deagu of Korea and once again Giurare Tokoyama of Japan. We had an easie time of it than last year winning 4 and Drawing 2.

In the second round we came up against Ballena Shizuoka of Japan beating them 4-0 to move onto the Quarter finals.

ACL fixtures - Group stages and 2nd round

ACL group

In the quarter finals we have drawn Persepoils Tehran of Iran.

Adelaide United FC's ACL Adventure 2013 - Part 2

The quarter finals rolled round to find Adelaide United meeting Iranian opposition in the shape of Persepolis Tehran.

Leg 1, Leg 2

After the 5-0 Aggregate win over the Iranian team the Semi Finals Came round with Adelaide meeting Suwon Samsung Blue Wings of South Korea.

Leg 1, leg 2

A much tighter pair of games here but with Adelaide winning on away goals they headed for only their 2nd Champions League final in the history of the team. We were up against Saudi Arabian opposition in the form of AL Ittifaq. They were expected to beat us but well have a look for yourselves.

ACL Final

Yes thats right we went against the bookies and won 3 - 0. Meaning that we will head to a CWC.

Adelaide United FC's Club World Championship 2013

Adelaide undertook the 13 hr flighjt to Johnaesburg knowing that they were the massive underdogs to win the title with Werder Bremen favourites to win the CWC.

We were put straight into the 2nd Round of the CWC and were drawn against South African Opposition in thye shape of Kaiser Chiefs. This was a fairly easy game to win in which we were favourites by a long way. We would have prefered to win by a bigger margin but the main headline from this game was that our 2nd best striker Valci was injured and will miss the rest of the season.

CWC 2nd Round vs Kaiser Chiefs

So the Semi Final came around and found the champions of Asia facing the Champions of Europe Werder Bremen. This was the draw that we were dreading as a team. However we went into the game knowing that all the pressure was on the European Champions. After a tense 90 minutes which had seen the two sides locked in a 1 - 1 draw (with Adelaide taking the lead) we headed for the lottery that is a penalty shootout.

The shootout went to 8 penalties each with Bremen's last penalty taker Kai Scholze missing his penalty. this left young left winger Andrew Currie with the chance to put Adelaide into the CWC final.

CWC Semi Final vs Werder Bremen

After the tense issue that was that penalty shootout Adelaide United FC had 3 days rest before the final against more South African opposition this time in the form of Mamelodi Sundowns. Once again they were heavy favourites to win the game and thus become Club World Champions. However after the joy of beating the European champions Adelaide decided to come out firing and to go on the attack from the off. The strategy worked catching Sundowns off target.

CWC Final vs Sundowns

Adelaide wins CWC

Also with the tournament out of the way it transpires that the top 3 players in the CWC were all Adelaide United players with number 1 goalkeeper Mark Birighitti taking top spot followed by Cristiano and Iain Fyfe.

Player of the CWC

In other news Adelaide have continued their policy of taking former Australian Internationals on as members of the coaching staff with the appointment of Brett Emerton. Emerton joins assistant manager Mark Viduka and coach Harry Kewell as a coach who has played for Australia.

ivanro in Indonesia - SEASON ONE (2010/2011) SUMMARY

Alright, my first ever crack at the challenge :D

Like I said in my previous post, Perseden Denpasar was a semi-professional club with only four or five players ready at the start. I then signed no less than 20 new players, and with zero transfer budget, all of them were free agents. And due to the club’s status (or maybe the division’s rule, I dunno), I was only allowed to sign 2 coaches at the most.

And to be consistent with the dubious tradition that was Indonesian football, I decided to devise a 3-5-2 tactic for my team. I noticed that many other teams used the 3-5-2. albeit the more straight-forward DC-DC-DC, ML-MC-MC-MC-MR, ST-ST. Mine had more waves to it : SW, DC-DC, WDL-WBR, MC-MC, AMC, ST-ST. It’s very risky, because though there seemed to be an abundance of WB players in the country, very few actually had acceptable dribbling and crossing skills. Likewise with SW; I imagined my sweeper would be a ball-playing defender, but none that I found even closely resembled that, LOL. But it’s alright, I’ll give this tactic a go.

So my team’s formation looked like this.

Pre-season

As usual, I had 7 friendlies before the season started. All at home, all against teams from a division above. Won 6, lost 1. The winning and losing margin was almost all 1 or 2 goals, except one where we won 5-1.

My 3-5-2 seemed to work fine up to this point. It’s not overly aggressive, I had about 10-15 shots every game, sometimes less, with about a third of them on goal, and 1 or 2 clear-cut chances. These were way less than some other formations that I had used in my other saves. But no worry, plenty of positives. The real test began soon.

Indonesia’s First Division

Prediction : 5th.

We were placed in Group A of Premier Division’s First Phase. There were 12 teams, so each would play 22 games in the first phase. The strongest team in our group looked to be Persikota Tangerang, just relegated from the Premier Division. For years they had been a strong team in Indonesian football, and only recently suffered their slump to the lower leagues. And located just outside the capital city of Jakarta, they boasted a good stadium, a good fanbase, and a good finance, I suppose. But anyway.

And since our club was located in an island, and our local rival Persegi Gianyar was placed in another group, all our games would have to be traveled by plane. Four clubs in our group were from Java island, three from Sumatera, one from Kalimantan, one from Maluku, and two from Sulawesi (rancer’s Persma Manado and JSalter’s Persmin Minahasa). Map of Indonesia.

Onto the games.

We drew away to PSBL Bandar Lampung (my city of birth) in southern Sumatera in our first game, but then won 7 games out of the next 10, drew once and lost twice, lost away to PS Palembang and then at home against PSP Padang, both of whom were located in Sumatera, Padang being the furthest we had to travel. Again, to mirror the pre-season friendlies, most of the games weren’t memorable, winning and losing by 1 or 2 goals. Our biggest win were 3-0 at home against Persewangi Banyuwangi and 4-2 away to Persikota Tangerang.

Second half of the season was almost identical with the first with 7 wins, 1 draw, and 3 losses. Two of the three losses came the courtesy of traveling to North Sulawei, 0-1 to Persmin Minahasa and 0-2 to Persma Manado, and the third one came from 2-4 away to Persipro Probolinggo.

So our group’s final table for the first phase read like this : 14 wins, 3 draws, and 5 losses, with 38 goals scored and 15 conceded, brought a total of 45 points. This placed us first in the table, and our closest rival, Barito Putra, was second, with 44 points.

2010/2011 First Division First Phase Table

Now onto the second phase.

As usual, the top two teams of each group moved on to the next phase. There were four groups, so eight teams would be placed in two separate groups. But there were a couple of technical issues with the game that I felt very uncomfortable with.

First, IRL, no two clubs from the same first phase group would be placed in the same group again in the second phase. But I guess this wasn’t reflected in the game since we had been placed in the same group with Barito Putra.

Second, again IRL, since this second-phase was not using the full-competition format (home and away), but rather a half-competition format, the winner of the first phase would have the privilege of hosting it (most of the time anyway, sometimes the winner didn’t get it due to stadium issue, or just because the FA said so). So, using this game as an example, as winners of the first phase, we should have the right to host it, and the other three teams would have to travel to Denpasar and camp in the city for the next 2 weeks. But that’s not how it was in the game. We were grouped with Barito Putra, Persipro Probolinggo, and Cilegon FC. We played at home against Barito, then away at Persipro, and away again at Cilegon. WTH?! Why didn’t I get to play host??

Oh well. I’ll raise this issue in another forum. Hopefully it can be fixed in future editions, shouldn’t be too hard.

Back to the games. We won 3-0 against Barito, then had a horror 2-4 loss at Persipro. We had come this far, so I really wanted to make it to the Final and win it, and this was a nerve wreck for me. Thankfully we won the last game 4-1 at Cilegon and Persipro lost 0-1 to Barito, and that made us first in our group.

2010/2011 First Division Second Phase Table

The Final pitted us against Persid Jember of East Java province. Honestly, I hardly ever heard of this team. Though they hailed from a province known for their formidable football, Jember was never ever mentioned in our nation’s football map, ever. Anyway, they only came second in their first phase group, and though they won their second phase group, two of the wins came at home, so I had every reason to be optimistic.

The first half was a stalemate, and though we created more chances, we took none. But our young striker Eko Budi Setiawan settled the nerves early in the second half with a fine strike. Then our young defender Abdul Rochani made sure of the victory with a goal 20 minutes later. Perseden Denpasar were champions of Indonesia’s First Division.

2010/2011 First Division Final Match

Indonesian Cup

We managed the first three rounds against equal or lesser opponents, but came undone against a Super League outfit, Pelita Jaya, in the fourth round. We won 2-1 at home alright, but got spanked 1-4 at theirs. Adventures ended in January. Oh well, will do better next year.

2010/2011 Indonesian Cup

Other screenshots

1 – Average ratings of our squad.

2 – Eko Budi Setiawan, best striker in the team, only 17, may he continue to develop, and stay.

3 – Hengky Adrian, our best defender. His heading attribute was I guess pretty high for this division, hence his goals.

4 – Our club’s financial state at year’s end.

5 – Four of our players called up to the national U23 squad. Proud moment.

6 – Five of our players called up to the national U21 squad. Another proud moment.

Honors so far

Indonesia’s First Division Champions – 2010/2011

Targets for Next Season

1 – Stick with 3-5-2.

2 – Get promoted to the Super League.

3 – Advance beyond the Fourth Round in the Indonesian Cup.

4 – Find better wingbacks and sweeper.

Adelaide United FC - Season 4 - 2013/14

League

Okay the league didn't go as well as it should have done due to a fairly bad start to the season we ultimately finished 3rd behind Central Coast Mariners and Sydney FC.

Fixtures PT 1, Fixtures PT 2

League Table

Finals Series

The finals series started well with a 6 - 0 drubbing of Melbourne Victory, this was followed by a 1 - 0 win over Perth Glory FC, we then came up against Central Coast Mariners finally losing out after a 4 - 3 game which ended after extra time.

Finals series fixtures

2013 ACL

2013 ACL QF, SF and Final

2013 CWC

CWC all the way

2014 ACL Group stage and 2nd round

The draw for the ACL group stage saw us in group F against Hamamatsu Rafale of Japan, Pohang Steelers of South Korea and Shanghai Shenhua of China. Getting through the group stage with only one loss the 2nd round saw us drawn against Beijing Guo'an of China. Having beaten them we wait now to find out who we will draw in the Quarter Finals.

ACL Fixtures

Player awards etc

Valci took the A- League Foreign Player of the year and also Player of the year. Unfortunately I don't have a SS of the POTY message. He also too the A League Golden Boot scoring 14 before his unfortunate injury at the CWC.

Foreign Player of the Year, Golden Boot

Valci did well but wasn't my player of the season Evan Berger takes that honour.

The board have also decided that it is time for a new stadium to be built.

New Stadium

Finally the transfers

Transfers

So all in all an up and down season there. Disapointing that we lost out on the A League and Finals Series but then again it was pleasing to win both the ACL and CWC.

2012/13   A-League  1st         1st           Semi Final             N/A
2013/14   A League  3rd         3rd           Winners              Winners

I feel like a change from the usual so I am going to give this a go. I have set up a game for Vietnam and just have to holiday. Not sure how easy it will be to win continental competitions with Vietnamese teams but I bought the Top Gear Vietnam challenge DVD the other day and it's made me wanna try the country. :D

So, ở đây (that is apparently the closest I can find to 'here I go').

I am now the proud manager of Quan Khu 5 (or Militiary District 5) of Da Nang city in the middle of Vietnam. It's right near Hoi An where the Top Gear boys bought those nice suits, so the posh bit of Vietnam.

Anton Nagain

Personal

We play in a grotty, little stadium near the airport that holds about 5000 fans and we maintain a rivalry with Quan Khu's 2, 3, 4, 7 and 9.

Worryingly I have a Nigerian defender and the league rules say no foreign players. I'll need to see how that pans out.

Am very interested to take up this challenge, haven decided if I should go for the Indonesian league or my home, Singapore.

I do have a question guys, If I do Choose Singapore, can I load the Singapore competition file made by Frank Ng? the official researcher? the reason I asked is with it, there are 4 leagues but only the NFL (National Football League) has promotions and relegations, while the S-League does not currently have any promotion and or relegation system in place.

So do I have to play in the NFL? or can I just play in the S-League?

Nice to see some very good seasons from some of you while I was away (had a break from the forums for a bit, since I'm back at school, I'll probably be coming on more, since class is just sooo boring sometimes. :D).

Welcome anagain and welcome back STR.

Great work on winning the CWC Almondo, and good luck in the Premier Division ivarno. :thup:

And fruitloopz, you can load all leagues, but you start in the S-League, because you need to enter the ACL somehow, and you can only do that with S-League clubs. Holiday a year and choose the worst club you can manage.

Nice to see some very good seasons from some of you while I was away (had a break from the forums for a bit, since I'm back at school, I'll probably be coming on more, since class is just sooo boring sometimes. :D).

Great work on winning the CWC Almondo, and good luck in the Premier Division ivarno. :thup:

And fruitloopz, you can load all leagues, but you start in the S-League, because you need to enter the ACL somehow, and you can only do that with S-League clubs. Holiday a year and choose the worst club you can manage.

Thanks rancer, will update in abit...this is gonna be fun!

Cheers rancer. It was touch and go during the semi final

Adelaide United - Hyundai A-League- 2018/2019 (Season 9)- Ethan13

We failed to win back to back ACL last season so this year we were looking to win our 2nd ever ACL.

Another season in which we were never really challenged.

A-League Finals Series- Another win but it did take until the 116th minute to score in the final.

Asian Champions League- A near perfect run as we won all of our games besides one in the group stage. A dominating 4-1 win in the final secured our second shot in the CWC.

Club World Cup- Started well with a 4-0 win but for the second time we lost 3-0 to Juventus in the Semi Final. Finished 4th again as we lost the 3rd place play off on penalties.

Finances- Sitting nicely due to the ACL win.

Transfers- Not too much changes to the squad which worked well.

Squad

Key Player- Kofi Danning- 42 goals, 22 assists and 14 MOM proved that Danning has fitted in brilliantly at the club.

Fixtures Part 1 Part 2

Aims from Last Season

- Win ACL ACHIEVED

Aims for Next Season

- Win ACL

- Win Club World Cup

Domestic:

2017/18   A-League  1st         1st           Lost in Quarter Final  N/A
2018/19   A-League  1st         1st           Winners                4th

Brettneys Uzbek Adventure - Season 10 - 2019.

Later than expected hardly touched FM the last 2 weeks just been sooo busy ...

The season went pretty much has i'd expected i'm constantly fighting players wanting to go on to bigger and better things lost 3 top players this year the worst part is they were all LM's so that made us a little lobsided. We won the League fairly comfortably again only Paxtakor proving a challenge they also got further than us in the ACL they reaching the final whereas we were knocked out in the Semis by FC Seoul. We won the Uzbek cup again giving us a Domestic Double for the third year runing.

Oliy Liga Table - Uzbek Cup Final.

ACL Tree - ACL Group A.

Finances.

Squad Stats 1 and 2.

The Team;

GK - Shuhrat Mansurov.

RB - Vladislav Ahmedov.

CB- Anton Narziqulov.

CB - Shuhrat Mehmonov.

LB - Aqbar Ismatullaev.

DMC - Roberio.

RM - Anatoly Abduraimov.

CM - Sergey Yuldoshev.

LM - Oleg Matmusaev.

CF - Rustam Hasanov.

CF - Jorge Diaz.

1 2 watch:

CB - Eler Hasanov.

A Good year:

RM/CM - Joao Victor.

Year  Division        League Pos    Uzbek Cup   ACL
2010  Birinchi Liga      3rd.        1st Rd.
2011  Birinchi Liga    Winners.    Finalists.
2012   Oliy Liga.        8th.        Q-Final.
2013   Oliy Liga.        2nd.      Finalists.
2014   Oliy Liga.        2nd.        Q-Final.
2015   Oliy Liga.     Champions.   Finalists.
2016   Oliy Liga.        2nd.      Finalists.  Group Stage.
2017   Oliy Liga.     Champions.    Winners.     N/A
2018   Oliy Liga.     Champions.    Winners.   Finalists.
2019   Oliy Liga.     Champions.    Winners.   Semi Final.

It's a shame that the tiny tiny countries cannot be used on this challenge. Is it really pretty much unplayable with the smaller nations? I guess I'm going to start this weekend with a league that hasn't been tried yet. Maybe Yemen or Oman. Have those countries got more than two tiers?

Good seasons there Ethan and brettney. Hope you can at least make the final of the CWC Ethan and do you (brettney) have a replacement for Mansurov?

It's a shame that the tiny tiny countries cannot be used on this challenge. Is it really pretty much unplayable with the smaller nations? I guess I'm going to start this weekend with a league that hasn't been tried yet. Maybe Yemen or Oman. Have those countries got more than two tiers?

It's unplayable with smaller nations because it's impossible to get 'promoted' to the Asian Confederations Cup from the Presidents Cup (unlike FM09) and the small nations will never win the ACL. I'm not sure how many leagues Yemen or Oman have but there would probably be no more than 2 tiers. Maldives is the lowest reputable club you can start with, although with Confederations Cup clubs, you can only enter the ACL once every 2 years.

It's unplayable with smaller nations because it's impossible to get 'promoted' to the Asian Confederations Cup from the Presidents Cup (unlike FM09) and the small nations will never win the ACL. I'm not sure how many leagues Yemen or Oman have but there would probably be no more than 2 tiers. Maldives is the lowest reputable club you can start with, although with Confederations Cup clubs, you can only enter the ACL once every 2 years.

I'm thinking that may be the case with Vietnam. I was reading up on ACL qualification and Vietnamese teams don't currently qualify in real life.

Is there a path into the ACL by winning the lesser continental competitions or has anyone seen a Vietnamese club in the ACL?

So, I have holidayed a season in Jordan and taken over the soon-to-be world beating club of Al-Muab. Here is my profile!

Al-Muab are based in the city of Kerak in Western Jordan, close to the volatile border with Israel and Palestine. The castle looks lovely, I must say!

We play at the 1125-capacity Al-Karak Field and have not achieved anything at all, there's a trophy cabinet waiting to be filled :D

In terms of the squad, everyone is pretty awful. There is one relatively reasonable player between the sticks called Mohammed Obeidat

One problem is that teams in the second tier only seem to play 11 games in a 12 team league (so, play each team once.) No such problems in the Premier Division where there's a full season of 22 games. Not sure if that's a fault with the .xml file or something, hmmm.

Just seen my salary/finances. Spending £400/week on wages with a £2.8k budget. :D Got a lot to play with

I'm thinking that may be the case with Vietnam. I was reading up on ACL qualification and Vietnamese teams don't currently qualify in real life.

Is there a path into the ACL by winning the lesser continental competitions or has anyone seen a Vietnamese club in the ACL?

The finalists from the Asian Confederations Cup enter the qualifying stages of the Champions League the next year. However, if even if you win the ACL, you can't enter next year because the two finalists from the Confederations Cup will replace your club...

Good luck in Jordan CedricRules. :thup::)

Good seasons there Ethan and brettney. Hope you can at least make the final of the CWC Ethan and do you (brettney) have a replacement for Mansurov?

no replacement pretty gutted that he wouldn't sign a new deal and then he signed with our rivals Paxtakor :mad: Got a young GK Bebeto with potential but 5 Foreigners means he's defo going out on loan ... So going to be a fun season without even a "Decent" rated GK.

Archived