rancer890's FM10 Small Club to Big Club Asian Challenge

Brettneys Uzbek Adventure - Season 7 - 2016.

I want to start by reitterating whats previosly been said by others that its ridiculous that Internationals are played at the same time as ACL games in particular the Olympics qualifiers i didn't lose too many but enough to make the games unwinnable it proved it when we won the only game we had a full squad for 3-0. It makes it all the more bitter has we won't be having a second stab at the Champions league this year. The start of the season saw us sitting just behind the early leaders (2 clubs that are never normly around the top) after the ACL was out the way we soon hit top spot and pulled away by the mid point with Paxtakor sitting just 3 points below us ... Then came the big game vs them and we lost we then went on a 4 matcvh drawing run and soon they was 5 points clear we played them 2nd last game of the season with an outside chance if we could beat them (at their ground) we drew 3-3 and they took the title. We again lost in the Uzbek cup final against another team we have a much better record than in the league this is now getting crazy!!

Table - Finances

Transfers - Confidence.

Asian Champions League;

Match 1 - Match 2 - Match 3 - Match 4 - Match 5 - Match 6

Group Table.

Squad Stats 1 + 2.

Starting XI;

GK. Shuhrat Mansurov.

RB. Aqbar Ismatullaev.

LB. Pavel Hamdamov.

CB. Aqmal Ahmedov.

CB. Qamoliddin Tojiev.

RM. Anatoly Abduraimov.

LM. Igor Petukhov.

CM. Roberio.

CM. Dennis Alas.

CF. Alexandr Geynrih.

CF. Andrius Veikutis.

Year  Division        League Pos    Uzbek Cup
2010  Birinchi Liga      3rd.        1st Rd.
2011  Birinchi Liga    Winners.    Finalists.
2012   Oliy Liga.        8th.        Q-Final.
2013   Oliy Liga.        2nd.      Finalists.
2014   Oliy Liga.        2nd.        Q-Final.
2015   Oliy Liga.     Champions.   Finalists.
2016   Oliy Liga.        2nd.      Finalists.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heh the crazy hair Brazilian has some real quality, I know what you mean with the cups in all my domination of the Iraqi league I only won the cup once.

Club challenge complete (World Club Winners);

Nation       | Club                  | Manager        | Year  | Tier | Domestic  | Asian CL | Asian Conf.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Indonesia    | Persma Manado         | rancer890 *    | 16/17 | Top  | 4x Winner | Winners  | n/a
Saudi Arabia | Al-Tohami             | Nightowl       | 17/18 | Top  | 4x Winner | 2xWinner | n/a

Challengers;

Australia    | North Queensland Fury | ShootTheRunner | 10/11 | Top  | 1x Winner |          |
Australia    | Perth Glory           | archie#10      | 10/11 | Top  | 1x Winner |          |
Australia    | Adelaide United       | Ethan13        | 15/15 | Top  | 5x Winner | Winners  | n/a  
Australia    | Brisbane Roar         | MachinegunHead | 12/13 | Top  | 1x Winner |          |
China        | Dalien Yiteng         | kabajingai     | 2010  | 2nd  | 10th      |          |
Hong Kong    | Hong Kong Police      | rancer890      | 11/12 | 2nd  | 1st ^^    |          |
Hong Kong    | Hong Kong Police      | rinso          | 15/16 | Top  | 5th       |          |
Indonesia    | Persmin Minahasa      | JSalter        | 12/13 | 2nd  | 1st ^^    |          |
Iran         | Mashin-Sazi Tabriz    | blowcrapup     | 13/14 | 2nd  | 3rd       |          |
Iraq         | Mosul                 | Quackje *      | 15/16 | Top  | 5x Winner | Winners  | 2x Winner
Japan        | Black Pecker Hakodate | brettney1980   | 10/11 | 4th  | 2nd       |          |
Japan        | Joetsu Warriors       | ToMexico!!     | 10/11 | 4th  | 5th       |          |
Lebanon      | Homentmen             | Quackje        | 11/12 | Top  | 3rd       |          |
Uzbekistan   | Surxon Termiz         | brettney1980 * | 2017  | Top  | 2x Winner | Group    |
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Philippines  | Giligans Island       | Brixton        | 15/16 | Top  | 3x Winner | Asian Pres. Winners

rinso > Police (HKG) Season 1.

League > 2nd (qualified for playoff)

Promotion playoff > 3rd

Junior Shield > 3rd Round.

Not a bad first season really, although we didnt really do ourselves justice in the playoff, losing against Sai Kung when we really should have won.

The junior shield was pretty similar, we managed to beat Kwai Tsing 3-0, then lost to Sun Source, which I was rather disappointed about.

Finances are in a decent state, only £8k in the red at the end of the season, helped by that friendly with Liverpool. One thing to note about that; it projected we would get more money by playing it away and not at our place?! Didnt matter in the end, really, we lost 12-0 lol

Need to strengthen squad, get more younger players in, we struggled a little bit with rotating the squad and even with making subs, because of the "6 under 24" rule. It wouldnt be so bad if it were 6 in the match squad, but its 6 in the first 11, at all times! Can be a bit of head scratching when making subs!

Training is ok, glad to see the little work-around still works! got at leaast 2 stars in every category.

Now have South China as a parent club too, so will be interesting to see if I get anybody half-decent oin loan from them. I tried the "get loan report" button as soon as they agreed the link-up, but nobody was interested.

what's going on here?! £600k transfer budget???? That cant be right, surely, the value of my team is only £35k lol We have NO season ticket holders, my chairman is willing to listen to offers, and overall, without spending anything on players last season, we made a loss of £45k... This just doesn't seem right...

what's going on here?! £600k transfer budget???? That cant be right, surely, the value of my team is only £35k lol We have NO season ticket holders, my chairman is willing to listen to offers, and overall, without spending anything on players last season, we made a loss of £45k... This just doesn't seem right...

Don't complain! Just spend it and spend it quick.

The first time I won the league in Argentina, the board upped my transfer budget to over £10m. I did the only thing I could, spent it. Left us in debt for a couple of season, but the players purchased with it have done great things for the team.

Good evening(not evening yet, will be soon) I was shopping today and when i have finished downloading the patch(getting quite a slow speed) I'll be returning to the rancer890 challenge, I'll most likely start in India (though i said Maldives some time ago, might go there if i fail first season in India.) and hope to emulate my success in the 08 version.. though maby a bit faster as 50 years is quite a long time.

season 2 > Rinso @ Police (hkg)

league > 6th

junior shield > rnd 2

homescreenThank goodness thats over! Poor season, and glad to see the back of it. Finished 6th in the league, struggled in the Junior Shield and came across several bits of weirdness.

1.the transfer budget.

2.Unable to sign some domestic players form other clubs, cannot see why. screenie

Got a new chairman, promoted from within, but no extra investment, in fact, he took a loan out as our finances were a ways into the red.

Crossing fingers and hoping that the transfer budget will still be there for next season, and some players worth something will actually be interested in playing for us. Have got a few onto full-time contracts too, so will be trying to increase that number, and hopefully that should make a promotion push easier.

Parent club are useless, I only get £2.4k from them, havent even played a friendly with em, and there's nobody interested in coming on loan...

who knows what next season will bring? I expected mroe this time around, but was not to be. My job, however, should be secure, as we finished where predicted, and i got a new contract last summer. We may even sell our first season ticket, who knows?!

No one buys season tickets in HK... :D

It was a step back but you weren't that far from a promotion playoff spot. I had a few lucky results go my way in my time in HK Third Division so hope you get those vital wins when you need them next year. :thup:

It's usually very close at the top of the table. 7 teams were still in contention when I was managing them with two games, but I won both games and got promoted.

season #3 > rinso @ Police (hkg)

League > 2nd (qualified for playoff)

Promotion Playoff > 1st (promoted)

Junior Shield > 2nd round.

home screen

Much better season than last time, although still plenty of room for improvement. We drew quite a high number of games this season, and, while its better than losing them, had we won, he would have run away with the league. As it was, though, we sneaked into the playoffs on the last day, ad Five-One-Seven lost at home. Playoffs were Us, Solon, Northern District, and Yuen Long.

Things started excellently, with a 3-0 away win at North District, however, Solon were next up, and we have never beaten them in out 3 previous matches. The form book went out of the window though, as we thrashed them 4-0 to take a maximum 6 points from our first two games. Things went badly wrong in the final match though, somehow losing to Yuen Long 4-0. Given they had lost their opening two games, it was a very poor, but ultimately irrelevant result, as the two wins gave us promotion!!

Squad-wise, we raided HKFC for a few players this time around, and managed to pinch a couple of Sun Hei's good youth prospects. Transfer budget is still ridiculously high (£275k) and the board are continually injecting money to help with our running costs!

Like last year's, this thread has been thoroughly enjoyable to read :)

Congrats to rancer for winning all those trophies. Persma Manado was quite a popular club about 10 years. Nicknamed the 'Blue Storm', they were for a few years the best team to represent eastern Indonesia. They had good and exciting players, passionate fans, and very supportive local government; they were the team everybody else tried to avoid, though I don't think they won any league title. After those few years, the local government pulled their support and the drop was surprisingly quick.

And did you and JSalter know that Persma Manado and Persmin Minahasa are actually from the same province, North Sulawesi (Celebes)? So it's local derby whenever the two of them meet. North Sulawesi is the northern-most province in Indonesia, its tip is actually just a touch below the Philippines, and Persma and Persmin (alongside PSM Makassar in South Sulawesi) are by far the strongest and most illustrious football clubs in neighboring region.

Like last year's, this thread has been thoroughly enjoyable to read :)

Congrats to rancer for winning all those trophies. Persma Manado was quite a popular club about 10 years. Nicknamed the 'Blue Storm', they were for a few years the best team to represent eastern Indonesia. They had good and exciting players, passionate fans, and very supportive local government; they were the team everybody else tried to avoid, though I don't think they won any league title. After those few years, the local government pulled their support and the drop was surprisingly quick.

And did you and JSalter know that Persma Manado and Persmin Minahasa are actually from the same province, North Sulawesi (Celebes)? So it's local derby whenever the two of them meet. North Sulawesi is the northern-most province in Indonesia, its tip is actually just a touch below the Philippines, and Persma and Persmin (alongside PSM Makassar in South Sulawesi) are by far the strongest and most illustrious football clubs in neighboring region.

Wow that's nice to know. No wonder they're fierce rivals. I've noticed that the average attendance of games at Persmin is quite high, as they averaged over 14,000 fans in the first season in my game. Is there actually that much support for them irl?

And what about Persibom Bolaang Mongondow, listed as fierce rivals with Persma and Persmin? Are they situated in North Sulwesi as well?

I'm actually finishing up another season, and quite pleased to announce that our first Indonesian newgen has transferred to Europe (Swedish club Elfsborg), but not so happy that I'm losing the Indonesian Number 1 GK to Hungarian club Gyor on a free. :(

Persibom Bolaang Mongondow is located in Kotamobagu (regency), Persmin Minahasa is located in Tondano (regency), and Persma Manado is located in Manado (city), and you guessed right, rancer, all three are situated in the province of North Sulawesi. The population is around 2.2 million, about more than 400K live in the capital city of Manado; Kotamobagu and Tondano have around more than 300K each. This is all off the internet, btw.

Now, you asked if it's true that the average attendance for Persmin is around 14,000. Well, I don't have any official number with me, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a pretty close figure. The thing about North Sulawesi is, well, they're unique, not only in football, but also among the many facets of Indonesian lives.

For decades, due to centralistic policies of our previous leaders, eastern Indonesia lagged behind in development big time compared to its western counterpart. Businesses, transportations, education, health facilities, all were lacking. But not in sports. North Sulawesi, along with South Sulawesi, Maluku (Moluccas), and Irian (Papua) have always been the hotbeds of prominent athletes in the country, especially in football, swimming, boxing, and athletics. This is a massive source of pride and fanaticism for them. New talents emerge at a regular frequency, and this is especially true in football. I just checked, about 8 of 21 current national team players are hailed from those four provinces. Persma, Persmin, and Persibom from North Sulawesi, PSM Makassar from South Sulawesi, along with Persipura Jayapura and Persiwa Wamena from Papua, have always been widely respected and feared around the country, with PSM and Persipura being the richest, strongest, and most consistent.

And life on the outer provinces are quite different from that found in Jakarta, Surabaya, or all the other big cities in Java and Sumatera. There's hardly any multiplex, or performance art theater, or disco club. Hardly anything to distract the people from their routine daily life, which is farming, fishing, and local commerce and governance. So when a football season rolls, it's easy for me to imagine that about, say, 14,000 fans, turn up to the stadium ;)

Anyway, football aside, North Sulawesi is unique for several reasons. It's one of the most beautiful places in the country. Persmin is located next to Tondano Lake, a very cool and picturesque lake. Manado has always been known as a maritime city, and the province boasts Bunaken, an underwater park with probably the highest number of biodiversity on earth, and claimed by some as the most beautiful.

Unlike most other provinces, the majority of people in North Sulawesi are not Muslims, but rather Christians/Catholics. As such, and this is bordering on stereotyping, the people and their lives are viewed by the rest of Indonesians to be more 'free' and 'relaxed'. Their close proximity to the Philippines lends more reasoning to the argument. Plus, they also have lighter skin complexion compared to most Indonesians, and in a country that has been brainwashed for decades (centuries?) that 'whiter is better', they sell very well indeed in the national tv, movie, and celebrity industry.

:D

I had a great time with this challenge in South Korea last season, so I'm thinking about getting started on a save for this year's version soon.

However - I have a question: I was thinking of starting up in one of the smaller leagues (Jordan and Syria are appealing right now), but according to Wikipedia, they don't currently get spots in the Asian Champions League, just the AFC Cup. Is it possible that by performing well, my country can eventually get Champions League spots - or is it actually impossible to complete the challenge without loading a league that already gets Champions League spots?

If you win the AFC Cup you get a spot in next years Champions league. It doesn't seem to be possible though to improve the league such that a team gets into the champions league every year.

ivanro, what clubs are there in Semarang and other bits of central java?

- Sazchu in India - Season 1 2010/11 - HASC - Indian National Football League -

Took over at Hindustan Aeronautics Sports Club and the club was expected to be a relegation contender.

The first game of the league was against Salgaocar at home and it was a taste of what was to come as we lost 0-2 and went 0-0-6 in our first 6 games with 0 goals scored and 16 goals conceded, we went to 14th place in our first game and not once during the season did we leave that spot which meant that we got relegated straight back down.

League Table

In the Indian Federation Cup we were in group with Mohun Bagan, United SC and East bengal, things went pretty much as expected there.

Federation Cup Group C

Top Goalscorer - Luis Dias 7
Most Assists - Sujay Saha 4
Most MoM - Debashish Singh 2
Most Games - Luis dias 29
Highest Avarage Rating - Pintu Sarkar 6.76(20 apps)

I'll be staying in India and hoping to do better with my next team.

Afternoon peeps.

Unfortunately my laptop died on me last week and so I have lost all my saved data. I am now running FM again, only this time out of the box and on a Mac.

I will redoing this challenge again sometime soon. Maybe with Japan.

Good luck to everyone else. :thup:

Adelaide United - Hyundai A-League- 2015/2016 (Season 6)- Ethan13

We were in the quarter finals of the ACL and we were looking to improve on our semi final placing from the season before.

A-League (Regular Season)----League Table----Graph

Not as good as last season even though we scored more goals then we did last year but we conceded a lot more. We still won pretty easily in the end.

A-League Finals Series- Pretty straight forward although a red card early in the grand final gave us a few scares.

Asian Champions League- The quarter final started well with a 4-0 home win. We lead 2-1 in the away leg at half time so players were rested and we conceded 3 second half goals but still went through 6-4 on aggregate. The semi final was a rematch of last year’s semi against Al-Hilal. After they beat us 6-1 on aggregate last year we got our revenge going through 4-3 on aggregate. We faced Seoul in the final and we had never played them before but the other Korean opposition we had faced we had done well against. The game started well with an early goal for us and we looked comfortable for most of the game until a shocking back pass from Jamieson lead to a goal for them. In extra they scored early but then had a player sent off. We got one back but then also went down to 10 men. We lost on penalties which was really disappointing. We have made the quarter final again though.

Finances- Made money this season because of making the ACL final.

Transfers- Only managed to sign 2 players one who was a young Turkish goalkeeper who played in the youth team and the other a centre back.

Squad

Key Player- James Holland- Another outstanding season for Holland with 31 goals and 18 assists.

Fixtures Part 1 Part 2

Aims from Last Season

-Win ACL FAILED

-Improve Squad FAILED

Aims for Next Season

-Win ACL

-Add more depth to the squad

Domestic:

Season    League    Position    Final Series  ACL                    CWC    
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   A-League  3rd         3rd           N/A                    N/A       
2011/12   A-League  1st         1st           N/A                    N/A
2012/13   A-League  2nd         1st           N/A                    N/A
2013/14   A-League  1st         1st           Lost in Quarter Final  N/A
2014/15   A-League  1st         1st           Lost in Semi Final     N/A
2015/16   A-League  1st         1st           Runner's Up            N/A
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quackje,

off the top of my head, the following are clubs in Central Java province :

PSIS Semarang

Persis Solo

Persijap Jepara

Persibat Batang

PSIR Rembang

PSISra Sragen

and some other smaller ones that have never been around the top tiers of our football league.

PSIM Yogyakarta and Pro Duta Yogyakarta are in the special province of Yogyakarta, a small region directly south of Central Java.

Afternoon all, just a quick update before i go to watch Liverepool vs Arsenal...

Life in the second division has been, well, surprisingly easy... after 10 games, our record stands at 5-4-1 having won our first 4 in a row. we're currently second, two points off the top, but things are very very tight, and we're the top of 3 teams on 19 points, presumably ahead on our head-to-head record.

Will maybe get a few games done tongight, we'll see how it goes.

Best of luck to everyone else, and enjoy the rest of your weekend! :thup:

Al-Tohami 2016-17 & 2017-18 Season Update

When I last posted an update, we had just won the Club World Championship. So how did the rest of the season go?

2016-17 League Table

With wins as well in both Saudi cups, it was a dominant season. Poor Al-Hilal was almost as dominant as us, and could be filling their trophy cabinet if we weren't here. At this point they are the only Saudi team keeping things interesting.

Goals for next season? To see if we can finish with an even better record, and maybe win another Club World Championship.

So how did it go?

2017-18 League Table

We achieved the first goal, cutting our goals against in half and setting a new record for goals scored. Victories in the two Saudi cups, and the Asian Champions League, added to the trophy case. We only lost one game all season, 3-1 against Inter in the Club World Championship semi final, so we didn't achieve my second goal. All in all, a very successful season.

Things are starting to drag a bit though. We won every game but 4 (2 league draws, vs Inter, and 1 draw in the Champions League). Even when the team gets a red card, we still win. The national manager's job status is very secure and they are in the 2018 World Cup, so unless they fail terribly, I can't see him getting fired. I was actually struggling to find a reason to keep going with this save.

But I kept going, and things should start getting a bit more interesting soon. My new stadium will be ready this season, and I want to at least play a season there. More importantly, the team may need an overhaul after the 2018-19 season. A number of my better players' contracts expire after this season, and although I've been trying to renew them for over a year, they have been unwilling to sign. The foreign players don't bother me much, I have too many anyway, and I can just start playing some others that have been sitting unregistered, or one of the many I loaned out to other teams. But some of my best Saudi players, the core of the team forever, don't want to re-sign. Should I play out the season and hope they don't walk away for nothing? Or, and I received some very good offers in the past for many of these guys, is it time to try to sell them off for whatever I can get? Re-tooling will be tough, as most of the best Saudi players in the game are already playing on my team, so who do I replace them with? Should be an interesting couple of seasons ahead...

So what would everyone here do? Do I play it out and hope they stay, or is it time to cash in and rebuild? If nothing else, it's renewed my motivation to play this save.

Back later with another update, and maybe a plan of attack for the next two seasons.

Wow! The Saudi manager resigned after the World Cup, despite beating Brazil(!) and Canada in the first round (losing to Ukraine prevented them from qualifying for the second round). So I of course applied for the job. And what happens? They give the job to former Al-Ittihad player Mohammed Noor, who had just ended his playing career after the 2016-17 season, and has no managerial experience!

I guess being the most successful manager in Asia, and being the manager of 9-10 of the Saudi first eleven, plus a few bench players, of the last World Cup team wasn't enough.

Tough luck there Nightowl on not getting the national job. I would sell some players to avoid losing them on a free. I lost my starting GK, and Indonesian No. 1 GK, on a free. :(

Hope you can win the Champions League Ethan next year. Unlucky to lose on penalties. :thdn:

Tough luck there Nightowl on not getting the national job. I would sell some players to avoid losing them on a free.

Agreed, both on the tough luck part and the avoiding losing players on a free part. I've learnt my lesson as far as desperately trying to cling on to my best players and eventually losing them for nothing goes in these small club to big club challenges - only once has one of my top players ever actually relented and re-signed when all the indications were that he wouldn't (last year in my South Korea save). Better to cash in while you can. :thup:

season 4 > rinso @ Police (hkg)

Well, despite the step up, we continued our decent performances from last season, and survived comfortably. A final position of 5th did us great credit, and showed we're definitely not out of our depth here.

We played well against the teams I felt we HAD to beat, but we were found wanting against the bigger teams in the division, hence a drop down the table in the final weeks. It would have been nothing short of a miracle if we had sustained our early season form, but all in all, the signs are very encouraging for the future.

Promotion, as expected, widened the scope of players interested in playing for us, and I quickly managed to spend the transfer budget (finally) with a great chunk going on Li Yanming, a young Chinese DC who was very highly recommended by my scouts. With an average rating of 7.04, from 15 apps, he has already started to repay that fee (£240k)

league table

home screen

transfers

Hopefully, will get even more players onto full-time contracts, although first priority is to rectify the bank balance.

Aiming for more of the same this season, in both the league and cup.

Brettneys Uzbek Adventure - Season 8 - 2017.

We are back in the ACL for next season. Had a doubly good year with us finally getting our hands on the Uzbek Cup winning comfortable in the final (no wobbles this year). Both us and Paxtakor had less dominant years with the points tallys being lower than ever this year.

Oliy Liga Table - Player Stats - Uzbek Cup Final.

Transfers - Finances.

I have been entered into the Uzbek Managers Hall of Fame.

Squad Stats 1 and 2.

First Teamers;

GK. Shuhrat Mansurov.

RB. Vladislav Ahmedov.

CB. Aqmal Ahmedov.

CB. Shuhrat Mehmonov.

LB. Pavel Hamdamov.

RM. Anatoly Abduraimov.

CM. Roberio.

CM. Temur Yarboboev.

LM. Igor Petukhov.

CF. Sebastian Catalan.

CF. Rustam Hasanov.

Banging on the first team door:

RB/LB Aqbar Ismatullaev.

LM/CF Diego.

CF. Alexandr Geynrih.

Year  Division        League Pos    Uzbek Cup
2010  Birinchi Liga      3rd.        1st Rd.
2011  Birinchi Liga    Winners.    Finalists.
2012   Oliy Liga.        8th.        Q-Final.
2013   Oliy Liga.        2nd.      Finalists.
2014   Oliy Liga.        2nd.        Q-Final.
2015   Oliy Liga.     Champions.   Finalists.
2016   Oliy Liga.        2nd.      Finalists.
2017   Oliy Liga.     Champions.    Winners.

Asian Champions League 2015/16 Review

Quarter Final First Leg---Second Leg

We were drawn against Shandong in a rematch of the quarter final last year. We managed to pick up a 1-0 win in China and backed that up with a huge 4-0 win at home to advance to the Semi Finals.

Semi Final First Leg---Second Leg

We were up against Seongnam from Korea. We had come up against them before as twice they had been drawn in our group and we had a good record against them with 3 wins and a draw with 2 of the wins being 7-0. We were hit by injuries to key players before the first leg which showed as we struggled in the first half. We managed to get a 2 goal lead but they grabbed a valuable away goal and the match ended 2-1. We went down 2-0 by half time in the away leg and we were looking out. Djite scored twice (71st and 76th minutes) to get us through to our second straight ACL final.

The Final

This was the big one and we faced Korean opposition for the second straight year. This time it was Jeonbuk, an opponent we had never faced before. The match started with us on top and was very similar to last year’s final. We didn't put our chances away and with their first shot they scored on the counter attack. We kept going forward but couldn't hit the back of the net and it looked like a second consecutive final loss until Kilkenny who had been subbed on scored a beautiful volley from outside the box in the 91st minute. We had already made all our subs so we had to go into extra time with a 3 man defence. Monterosso scored in the first half of extra time and then Djite scored twice in the second half to give us a huge 4-1 win and our first ACL title.

Congrats on the ACL win, Ethan!! :thup:

Halfway through season 5, and things are going well. We're currently joint top of the division with HKFC (swines) and playing well, although goals are harder to come by this time around. We've also been entered into the FA cup this year, dunno how we've only just qualified, but there ya go!!

Congrats on the Champions League win Ethan.

Brettneys Uzbek Adventure - A few little tidbits.

Last seasons top scorer Sebastian Catalan has been sold over my head to Chilian club Colo Colo (lots of clauses in the fee) £1.5Mish. Its put us back in the black and the £50K per month for the next 23 months might help us stay that way.

I had one of my Trial months after the apparent success of Catalan and trialled about 12 players decided on signing these 3: Torres Diaz and Gustavo.

The ACL draw is in and we've got AL-Jazeera (UAE), Al-Shabab (Saudi Arabia) and Saba Battery (Iran).

Season #5 > rinso @ Police (HKG)

Well, what can I say? A stunning season, and I'm chuffed to bits with the outcome! :D

league table Finished 1st (promoted!!)

homescreen

transfers

Finances are beginning to be a worry now, we're over £200k in the hole and still losing money every month, despite me trimming the squad. The board have also been reluctant to "inject" cash this time, so they could be running out too!!

Promotion should widen the scope of players interested in signing for me, and I'm already slightly stuck with which way to go. I know the rules are different for the D1 with regards to foreigners, but I dont want to sign too many, then get relegated and have to sell them all as they would be ineligible for D2. I managed to pick up 2 Argentinian DC's from Sham Shui Po, as they were ineligible for them due to their relegation, and that means I now have 4 foreigners in the squad. one of the Chinese players I have will shortly be eligible for HK nationality, so with a little luck, he'll take it.

Cups weren't very good this time, Junior Shield we went out first round, as in the FA cup, but its all good experience, i suppose!

Most of the backroom staff are on full-time contracts now, and over half of the playing staff are, so hopefully that should stand us in good stead for the forthcoming season.

Aims for the new season:

don't get relegated!!

continue getting players to turn full-time.

try and reduce the club's debts, but not at the expense of my playing squad.

edit: promotion has meant we have turned professional!!

Alright, after following the thread for the past one year and giving my take on what I know about Indonesian football, I’ve finally found the courage to start the challenge myself :D

Please welcome Ivanro Ivanro, the new manager of Perseden Denpasar.

And the following are some information regarding the club : general information, finances (NO transfer budget whatsoever), facilities, transfer history (I have to sign A LOT free agents because I had only like four or five players at the start), and club’s previous history (which is still blank, my job to fill it with pride and glory :D).

Club Info 2

Transfer History

season #6 > rinso @ Police (Hkg)

Well, that's another season on the board, and it will definitely be labelled a success. We survived comfortably in the top division, and, for the most part, played well too. There were, of course, the odd exception, but on the whole, I'm pleased with our performances.

The low point of the season was a 2-1 defeat away at HKFC, although we did perform quite well despite going down to 9 men! It proved to be a fiery affair, and one of the HKFC players also got his marching orders, and 2 of the 3 goals were penalties!

We gained a very creditable draw away at South China, but against the rest of the bigger teams in the division, we were pretty poor. The defence definitely needs tightening up, and that has to be the priority for the summer.

Finances are still bad, havent really made much of an impression there, and i'm now way over my wage budget too (£600/week)!! Shifting a few players on in the summer once more, and hopefully the board will raise the allowances, as I dont really want to have to "sell to buy"

My scouts (Brazilian, Nepalese, Indian, and hk) have found me some great players throughout the season, and luckily for me, I have been able to get them all on free transfers!! I think its an absolute "must" for smaller clubs to have different nationality staff, as it helps with expanding the amount of players on the "search screen"

FA Cup > R2

Senior Shield > R1

League > 5th

transfers

home screen

my squad

edit to include: my new keeper, Juninho pinched from recently relegated HKFC on a freebie! :D

Archived