FM 2010 CSE Goal of the Month Competition

CSE Goal of the Month – FM 2010 Edition

We are back for a new season as we search for more of your glorious goals in 3D. This season should be a cracker as SI have promised 100+ new animations, which will hopefully mean even better goals than last time. It could be a wonderous solo effort, a long-range piledriver or a tap-in on the end of a slick passing move; it could come be a last gasp winner (or any Man Utd home game :p), a championship winning goal or your only effort in a 5-1 drubbing; just so long as it’s a goal that made you jump out of your seat, drop your chewing gum and hug your virtual assistant manager!

The process is straightforward – submit videos of your goals here (I’ll explain how in the next post) and at the end of the month, a select jury of CSE regulars will compile a shortlist for an open vote. Just before the release of FM11, a vote will be held to choose the Best Goal of FM10 from amogst the monthly winners.

You can see a fine example of what we’re looking for courtesy of the absolute cracker that was the FM09 Goal of the Season (the title currently held by mag man). For more detail and more fine goals, you can check out the entire FM09 thread here.

The only restriction is that the goal must be scored by a team under your control (i.e. no goals from the AI). In can be from any match, domestic or intrnational, competitive or friendly, and any database, edited or unedited, as long as a player from your team scored it.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Step-by-step guide to recording your goals

That’s all very well, you may say, but how can I post videos of my goals in here? Here’s a guide, which will (hopefully :p) help you out:

• Download and install a screen-capture programme such as CamStudio or Freez Screen Video Capture, both of which are free. (Personally, I use CamStudio as I had some issues with Freez Screen when it wanted to update itself.)
  • In the options for your selected programme, make sure the video quality is set to 100/high (like this, if you’re using Cam Studio) and ensure the settings allow you to select a region of the screen for recording (again like this for CamStudio).
  • Run FM in windowed mode. For best results, view the game with your wonder goal in TV View with all widgets off and highlights at normal speed.
  • Use the rewind/fast forward feature to find the point where you want to start recording and pause.
  • Open your screen capture programme (I recommend keeping it in the bottom corner so it doesn’t get in the way, like this), hit the record button and select the area of the screen you want to record (you can record the full screen if you want but by selecting an area, your goal will be clearer). Recording will begin automatically.
  • Press play on the FM highlights bar and let the beauty of the goal unfold before your eyes. :)
  • Hit stop on the screen capture programme once you’ve seen the goal (and a little bit of the celebration ;)). A window for saving the clip should pop up (like this) and voila, you’ve got your video. (If you want to dazzle us from an alternative angle as well, choose your new view in FM and repeat steps 4-7).
  • You may find that the video file is rather large (as in 100MB for a 30 second clip!). In that case, go to Windows Movie Maker (it’s on all versions of Windows, not sure if Mac users have an equivalent) and reprocess your video as a WMV. It should then be a much more manageable size. (While you’re here, you can always trim your clip down or blend your different angles into one clip.)
  • Upload your clip to a video-sharing website such as YouTube, Vimeo or Photobucket. NOTE: Please keep a copy of your video – I may ask for it in order to make a compilation of the shortlisted goals for the vote at the end of the month.
  • Post a link to your goal here. Any extra information you want to give to set the scene is welcome. Last year we used a format like this:

Player: Dodgy Dee

Match: Us v. Them (Mickey Mouse Cup, 1st Round)

In-game date: 31/10/2010

Venue: CSE Stadium

Description: A long ball from keeper Whoopy Dee gets flicked on by Mag Man to striker Dodgy Dee, who audaciously lobs the keeper and scores off the inside of the post.

Link to goal

Any questions, just post in here or PM me.

CSE November Goal of the Month

Submitted by:DanGLiverpool

Player:Sergio Torres

Match:Carshalton Athletic vs Barrow (3-2 Carshalton full time)

In game date:24/8/2013

Venue:War Memorial Sports Ground, Carshalton

Description: Hodgkiss passes it to Andrew, who looks around, passes back to Torres, and Sergio Torres beats the keeper from 40 yards, to make it 3-1 to Carshalton

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CSE December Goal of the Month

Submitted by: adamrwood

Player: Marko Marin

Match: Juventus v Atalanta (Serie A)

In game date: 18/10/2014

Venue: Delle Alpi, Turin

Description: A great cross from Fabio was behind Marko Marin, however Marin chased back and unleashed a spectacular overhead kick. The first I have ever seen on FM10. Quality!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CSE January Goal of the Month

Submitted by: mag man

Player: Frank Lampard

Match: Chelsea vs Wolves (Premier League)

Venue: Stamford Bridge

Description: Some neat passing play before Super Frank gets the ball and sends a rocket into the top corner

Watch it here

CSE Goal of the Month – November 2010

I now declare the November 2010 competition open! :) For those of you lucky enough to have the game on release day, you can start posting your entries now.

I’ll take this opportunity to explain how the jury system works:

Goals can be submitted until the deadline is declared (just before the end of the month). The jury will then take a few days to review the goals and make a shortlist (the number of goals will change depending on how many entires are received but will not be more than 10). This shortlist will then be posted and stickied in the forum for a vote. You can vote by PMing me and results will be posted here. Voting is open to all registered forum members, who get 1 vote each.

If your goal wins the monthly poll, it will then be entered into the ‘Goal of the FM10 Season’ contest to be held shortly before the release of the next game.

The Jury

For your information, here are the members of the jury. We are all open to outside influence and bribes in the shape of reserved spots and ace players in your sign-ups etc. ;)

Me (DodgeeD)

Mag man

Whoopy D

Oxslow

Hamilton162

*More members may be added later if required.

The JuryFor your information, here are the members of the jury. We are all open to outside influence and bribes in the shape of reserved spots and ace players in your sign-ups etc. ;)

Me (DodgeeD)

Mag man

Whoopy D

Oxslow

hamilton162

Great to see this back for a second year and i'm happy to be part of the jury this year as well :thup:

Bribes are happily accepted ;):D

I guess im first sorry about the quality even though i put it to 100% and also sorry about msn i can refilm the goal if you want. Also note that the ball bounces on the crossbar before going in.

Player: Theo Walcott

Match: Arsenal vs Dunfermline Friendly

In-game date: 18/7/2009

Venue: East End Park

Description: A long range shot from theo walcott bounces off the crossbar before going in.

Link:

Thanks for the entry Rossyboy10 and congrats on getting in first (I haven't even got my game yet :( - in the hands of the cargo company apparently...).

The quality is fine - the goals from FM09 came out like that as well. :thup:

Nice goal too. :)

Try photobucket then MikaelS :thup: Glad to hear that there's another goal coming to provide some competition, even if it is only the first day of the competition! :D

I'm not fond of spreading things on multiple sites. I already use youtube and imageshack :)

I'll try again and again until I succeed :)

I'm trying but stupid youtube can't upload my video :(

Just like the forums keep throwing up wrong links and server timeouts today, perhaps YouTube is playing up due to the sheer volume of FMers trying to upload goals. :p

I feel so much better now I've managed to get round Turkey's YouTube ban (and without using some annoying proxy server that throws up dating ads every time I click on something!). It makes life so much easier, especially where this thread is concerned. ;)

Here's my contribution, following a series of Arsenal-esque Oxford City goals; this one being the pick of the bunch.

Player: Smithers

Match: Oxford City vs Kettering (pre-season friendly)

In-game date: 20/07/10

Venue: Court Place Farm, Headington

Description: A fine 18-pass Oxford City attack results in Solomon Shields unleashing a screamer into the top corner from 30 yards.

(HQ + full-screen = viewing pleasure)

Here's my contribution, following a series of Arsenal-esque Oxford City goals; this one being the pick of the bunch.

Player: Smithers

Match: Oxford City vs Kettering (pre-season friendly)

In-game date: 20/07/10

Venue: Court Place Farm, Headington

Description: A fine 18-pass Oxford City attack results in Solomon Shields unleashing a screamer into the top corner from 30 yards.

(HQ + full-screen = viewing pleasure)

How on earth did you manage to get that good quality? Mine looks like crap in comparison :(

Right. Here is my contribution. This is on FM10 Demo though, so hope it can be entered :)

Player: Belal Aiteouakrim

Match: Newport Co vs Bromley (league match)

In-game date: 14/11/09

Venue: Newport Stadium, Newport

Description: Bell clears the ball on the right hand side. Gillmann makes a poor pass which Prince intercepts. He quickly passes the ball up front to Butorins who draws Gillmann to him and then making a short pass to Aiteouakrim in the open space. Aiteouakrim goes forward and with a strong shot from 25 yards, he scores in the top right corner.

Nice build up to the goal Smithers - looks like you've got decent tactics sorted already :thup:

Don't worry too much about the quality of the video MikaelS, just so long as it's watchable. :)

EDIT: Just watched it and it looks good. :) Demo goals are fine btw.

Is Fraps available to use free or is it a trial version? If it's a full free programme, I'll add it to the links in the guide.

as far as I know, fraps is free to use but in order to use it to the full, you need to buy it.

Ok, here is my best effort so far

Player: Jay Emmanuel-Thomas

Match: Leicester City v Barnsley (Coca Cola Championship)

In-game date: 22/08/2009

Venue: Walkers Stadium

Description: Emmanuel-Thomas picks up a pass from Matty Fryatt, then runs a few yards and unleashes a shot from 35-40 yards that bulges the net!!

Video:

Player: Jon-Paul Pittman (JPP)

Match: Crawley Town Vs WYCOMBE WANDERERS

In-game date: Erm...

Venue: Broadfield Stadium

Description: Pittman nets his hat-trick in sublime style with a 25 yard peach over the head of the keeper against his former club Crawley Town :cool:

Sorry about the bad quality, my PC isn't the best at running 3D :(

Wow! I pop out for the afternoon and find 4 new entries up when I get back. ;)

...or however many it is following smithers' video. :p I think the last long range curler was the best...

Seems we have a liking for long range efforts atm!

P.S. Unknown Hacker - did you pause the replay just before the commentator says '...but he never meant it!'? ;)

Wow! I pop out for the afternoon and find 4 new entries up when I get back. ;)

...or however many it is following smithers' video. :p I think the last long range curler was the best...

Seems we have a liking for long range efforts atm!

P.S. Unknown Hacker - did you pause the replay just before the commentator says '...but he never meant it!'? ;)

Nope, he never said that. I had long shots turned on for him, but didn't expect him to fluke one like that. ;)

Player: Simon Williams

Match: Gorleston vs Sprowston (Norfolk Senior Cup, 3rd Round replay)

In-game date: 13/10/2009

Venue: Emerald Park, Gorleston

Description: Williams picks the ball up in our half and runs with the ball, rides a challenge and hits it into the top corner from 30 yards.

link

My first go at this, so appologize about the delay at the start, do better next time.

I'm getting into this now, I'll try not to post too many though.:o

Player: Steve Donnelly

Match: Gorleston vs Great Yarmouth (Eastern Counties League Division 1)

In-game date: 14/11/2009

Description: The ball gets knocked out to Donnelly and despite his long shot attribute of 1 he hits one of the sweetest half volleys you'll see. What makes it more special is that was the Great Yarmouth derby for those who don't know. :)

link

Player: Simon Williams

Match: Gorleston vs Sprowston (Norfolk Senior Cup, 3rd Round replay)

In-game date: 13/10/2009

Description: Williams picks the ball up in our half and runs with the ball, rides a challenge and hits it into the top corner from 30 yards.

link

My first go at this, so appologize about the delay at the start, do better next time.

Keeper a bit suspect. Just like in my goal... :D

Keeper a bit suspect. Just like in my goal... :D

I know he's no Buffon, but what do you expect from a level 11 'keeper, also the player who scores is no Ronaldo or Messi. ;)

Another one (sorry), but maybe the best of mine so far.

Player: Tommy McVarish

Match: Thetford vs Gorleston (Eastern Counties League Division 1)

In-game date: 28/11/2009

Venue: Recreation Ground, Thetford

Description: We get a free kick arond 40 yards out and for once instead of shooting the ball gets passed to McVarish who takes a touch before unleashing a rocket from 35 yards. Again he has long shots attribute of 1, but in the second replay you can see the amount of swerve put on the shot.

link

Although i admire your compatilation (:thup:) i think it's best if you pick one or 2 of those goals to submitt, otherwise things may get a little confusing as we in the jury won't know which goal we're talking about when we're voting! :D Although, of course, DodgeeD has the final say on matters like this ;)

Archived