Official FM2010: Rate My Regen

Cardiovascular

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just found this Brazilian lad on my United save when scouring the Under 20 sides of the South African national sides. He looks very promising. His technical stats are very impressive for a 19 year old. My only worry, which seems to come with most regens is the fairly low mental stats, especially determination and influence. I'm sure they could be worked on though, and if he could get those up to a reasonable level, and improve his technical stats further he'd be a heck of a player. His personality is listed as "Ambitious" too, so I reckon there's a good chance he'll succeed. Also interesting to note that he's already a 1st teamer for Gremio, and put away 18 goals in 25 games in the Brazilian season an an AvR of 7.69. What you think?

Regen1.jpg

Hi all... I am a championship manager defector... I gave them a chance, but it was the little things that bugged me so I gave football manager a try... Won't be going back... Anyway, I have a regen and I need some help. I'm not sure whether to keep him or send him out on loan... He has 3 stars, but my squad is loaded so for him that's really good... What should I do???

ACMilanYouthPlayer.jpg

Looks like a fantastic centre back/defensive mid/ball winning midfielder.

The question you need to ask yourself is 'how much gametime will he get?' With attributes like that he should be getting a lot of first team football, so if he's not going to be an immediate backup to the first team or more then I'd loan him out.

Looks like a fantastic centre back/defensive mid/ball winning midfielder.

The question you need to ask yourself is 'how much gametime will he get?' With attributes like that he should be getting a lot of first team football, so if he's not going to be an immediate backup to the first team or more then I'd loan him out.

I had been thinking about that and I had Sakho, Otamendi, Silva and Kjaer... Otamendi wanted to move so I sold him which was great so yeah he probably will get a good deal of playing time... I just wasn't sure if he should be getting more... It's preseason so I will see how he performs and make my decision then...

Hello fellow managers

I have a big problem with two players from my team

they are both young and talented and they have tremendous potential

They will become important pieces in my formation

However I don't know what roles should I give them in the CM position (Advanced Playmaker, Box to Box midfielder, Deep Lying Playmaker), I gave them some matches as Advanced Playmaker, Deep Lying Playmaker and they were ok, they don't have yet the attributes for Box to Box midfielder, but it's too early for me to pronounce myself

what should I do with them? how should I play them?

I attached an image with their training too

5danielhosu2.png

24clmer2.png

24clmer3.png

I am not going to comment on individual newgens, but keep them comming guys there are some really great players. Well done SI! I think the newgens have been spot on this year. After the first patch I had my reservations - but it seems they have been tweaked. I hope to see more of the same on FM11!! :)

Looked back over the last few pages and its good to see people getting some great regens. Wish some of the center backs where in my game.

Some regens in my team at the moment:

Signed him when he was 16 for 3 million.

guyarnold.png

Saw him at 16 but he decied to go to barcelona so signed another player who was not as good, few years later the other player went to barcelona for 30 million and then I used 20 million of it to sign him

runekjr.png

Signed at 18 for 11 million saw him at 16 but could not afford him at that point.

josmiguel.png

19SimoneNicoletti.png

Got this guy through my youth team at the start of the season, it was pretty surprising considering at the time they were still only basic Youth Facilities. What's been the biggest surprise about him is the amount of goals he's scored, bearing in mind that my team is playing in the Swiss Super League. Hopefully he'll be a first teamer for a while because with the foreigner rules in Switzerland I need all the good Swiss players I can get.

Edit: And in the game after I post he scores again :D

19SimoneNicoletti.png

Got this guy through my youth team at the start of the season, it was pretty surprising considering at the time they were still only basic Youth Facilities. What's been the biggest surprise about him is the amount of goals he's scored, bearing in mind that my team is playing in the Swiss Super League. Hopefully he'll be a first teamer for a while because with the foreigner rules in Switzerland I need all the good Swiss players I can get.

Edit: And in the game after I post he scores again :D

Ha im in the swiss super league too, must be something in the air - check the post above though mate Baumann is different class

Ha im in the swiss super league too, must be something in the air - check the post above though mate Baumann is different class

Yeah, he is pretty insane. He'd be a perfect poacher except for his lack of pace. I notice you're playing as Basel, I'm currently in the middle of a title battle with them :D 21 games played, we both have 43 points, but Zollikon (my team, brought them up from the 4. Liga) have +25 GD and Basel have +24. Couldn't be much closer really.

Yeah, he is pretty insane. He'd be a perfect poacher except for his lack of pace. I notice you're playing as Basel, I'm currently in the middle of a title battle with them :D 21 games played, we both have 43 points, but Zollikon (my team, brought them up from the 4. Liga) have +25 GD and Basel have +24. Couldn't be much closer really.

yeah i've never seen a player that good at 16 though.

Nah mate I'm not Basel i'm Servette, I moved to Geneva to work so thought I could learn more about them that way!

yeah i've never seen a player that good at 16 though.

Nah mate I'm not Basel i'm Servette, I moved to Geneva to work so thought I could learn more about them that way!

That's what I get for assuming xD And that's more or less how I decided to take over at Zollikon, but in my case it's because I was visiting a friend out in Zurich over the summer and Zollikon are the closest club to her house.

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/7011/davidstapleton.png

What do you guys think I should do get him tutored and first team football or loan him out?

I'd say tutor him and give him some first team games (easy ones so that he gets good ratings) because a higher level of football will make him develop more and more quickly.

He looks like he could walk into almost any side in europe at 16!

Great little play maker that I snapped up for 2.3mil, weird that he's 192cm and can jump. I would picture him as being a small type player but his physical stats mainly pace is poor. Still developing but his technical stats are awesome.

Pacheco-2.png

Pacheco.png

10Pacheco.png

Although the two best regens in my game are........

Kante, who i have just sold to Barca for £65m...

kante65m.jpg

and this is the guy who i tried to replace him with (although Bayern won't sell for any price and i don't blame them) ,

lemarchand.jpg

These 2 screenies are a year earlier than the ones in the first post. I will get more up to date ones of Kante and Lemarchand when i'm next playing my Birmingham save.

Are there really that many players with a 20 in stats or is it suspect?

That's a very good question. Im in 2063/64 and until now I never saw a player with more then 5/6 20's.... And very few players looked like that so I get very suspicious when I see regens here with so many 20's, specially at such a young age...

Having said that, a couple of players in some previous pages were definitely edited..

It's a shame there's not a way to prove that your player hasn't been edited or something like that..

pff...insane player.

Pretty much my offer was £1.2m + 25% profit future fee. But Strassburg gazumped me in the contract negotiations. Ah well I'll just have to fall back on my current two.

From your two I'm guessing the first one is a striker and the second a CAM, they're very good, not perfect but the right training will make them monsters, if they've the PA.

Pretty much my offer was £1.2m + 25% profit future fee. But Strassburg gazumped me in the contract negotiations. Ah well I'll just have to fall back on my current two.

From your two I'm guessing the first one is a striker and the second a CAM, they're very good, not perfect but the right training will make them monsters, if they've the PA.

Didn't even notice I cut their positions..

yes, Rowley is a striker and Wilkins is a DM/CM. Natural at both which is pretty great.

Archived