Official FM2010: Rate My Regen

Cardiovascular

Set your scouts to look for under 18 players in different countries etc etc, it's pretty easy really.. :p

Sounds embarassingly easy and equally as embarassing that i didnt know that....so i suppose scouts and in particular PA scouts are needed YES...any quick reccomendations lads...?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
**GUYS HELP**

Is there an exact science to finding regens? Or is it a case of waiting for them to pop up in your rerves and getting lucky?

It would be great to know if theres a way of searching (other than putting in certain attributes)...

I only seem to spot regens from other teams ONCE they have made a big money move.

Cheers

luck, a good scouting network and search filters use to do the trick for me

then thers tools like the geni scout or FMRTE....personaly tho i would not like to know PA/CA of a regen, gives a much higher feel of acomplishment if you train a talent w/o knowing all hidden attributes and how good said talent can become

luck, a good scouting network and search filters use to do the trick for me

then thers tools like the geni scout or FMRTE....personaly tho i would not like to know PA/CA of a regen, gives a much higher feel of acomplishment if you train a talent w/o knowing all hidden attributes and how good said talent can become

Whats this geni scout or FMRTE...what does that stand for?

fm - real time editor, coz you can edit your game as you play - it takes away the fun of fm though!

I do what the guys above do, set up a large scouting network and when i search for players, every season on the 19th or 20th july, when your new players come into the academy i go to search put the age filter at most 17, and untick the box that says u cant get players - and see what new regens have came into the game!!

fm - real time editor, coz you can edit your game as you play - it takes away the fun of fm though!

I do what the guys above do, set up a large scouting network and when i search for players, every season on the 19th or 20th july, when your new players come into the academy i go to search put the age filter at most 17, and untick the box that says u cant get players - and see what new regens have came into the game!!

Cheers McGougan...im approaching that date in July so that will be ideal.

No worries dude, always a handy thing to do, pick up the regens at that age, some dont wana come coz theyve just joined the academy and they feel as though they have more to learn lol!

Also watch out for the ones that want key player contracts, dont go for them unless ure really sure!

No worries dude, always a handy thing to do, pick up the regens at that age, some dont wana come coz theyve just joined the academy and they feel as though they have more to learn lol!

Also watch out for the ones that want key player contracts, dont go for them unless ure really sure!

Surely when you approach them - your staff reaction to potentially signing them and they type of wage they ask for is a clear indication at how good they are / will be...no?

It all depends, ive had some staff with 20-20 scouting and theyve said someone wont come good and they have! So i mostly go on my own views of them!

Suppose if they are only above average and fail to set the world alight they can always be sold on for a profit..

I have a quick qeustion.

If I didn't load any leagues of a nation does that mean no regens will come out of that nation. In other words is it useless to send scouts there? I always assumed so but don't know for cetain.

it only means you will find less regens in that nation

**GUYS HELP**

Is there an exact science to finding regens? Or is it a case of waiting for them to pop up in your rerves and getting lucky?

It would be great to know if theres a way of searching (other than putting in certain attributes)...

I only seem to spot regens from other teams ONCE they have made a big money move.

Cheers

Might sound a bit time consuming, but just scout nations yourself.

One trick for regens I use is I go from nation to nation and ordering players by age.

For example in Albania, look at the major clubs, click on them and search by age. Usually the players likely to become good/great players have a high value, say 100k+. I usually scout them and see what the say.

For me this has worked, doing this for every nation takes me about 10-20mins but its worth is for players like:

marcelino.jpg

hugovx.jpg

janseng.jpg

I do this usually first week of July (2nd - 7th).

Of course I do the same for Brazil, Ireland and Russian when thier leagues regenerate.

It might sound sad but It's got me some cracking players.

Very weak for a centre back would be my concern plus the fact he cant jump. Maybe this isn't as big a deal in Spain but I'm sure it could still be an issue. Brian Shanahan I think he's a good player but 35 mill was maybe a bit much for him. Escumalha that is the best LB i have ever seen. Remember to rate mine please :)

Maybe you jumped straight to the screenshot and perhaps I should have posted my text under it, but if you read, you'll see that I plan to train him to be a right back if I can prise him away from Zaragoza in the summer transfer window.:thup:

Maybe you jumped straight to the screenshot and perhaps I should have posted my text under it, but if you read, you'll see that I plan to train him to be a right back if I can prise him away from Zaragoza in the summer transfer window.:thup:

Ah sorry my mistake

Guys rate mine :( lol

http://img689.imageshack.us/i/bertinsimo.jpg/

http://img291.imageshack.us/i/caseyarias.jpg/

http://img46.imageshack.us/i/jimtillson.jpg/

http://img402.imageshack.us/i/grimaudo.jpg/

http://img717.imageshack.us/i/billyrigg.jpg/

Sino: Looks very good, shame about his bravery, concentration and determination, though. Those are especially important for central midfielders, but he looks like he could do a hell of a job as a box to box mid anyway. Thumbs up.

Arias: If played as a right back, his crossing, dribbling and first touch should be better. If played as a center back, his bravery, determination, heading let him down. His anticipation could be better for sure. Also, shame about his natural fitness. And only 5 for aggression?

Tillson: Shame he's so one-footed, but he compensates for that by being virtually flawless technically. On the mental side, he's very good, if not spectacular. A curious physical specimen. Not the quickest in terms of pace, decent off the mark, agile, good balance and is pretty strong but can't jump worth a lick. How do you play him? Good player, from the looks of it, though.

Grimaudo: Again, shame about him being totally one footed. If played as a RB, his tackling, and jumping could be better. Usually it's not the end of a world if a fullback is weak in the air, but 4 is very low for jumping IMO. Looks like he could do a good job in either role, but as a right mid I think he could do with quite a bit more flair, though. Quality, at any rate.

Rigg: Needs to improve his dribbling, technique. He can't cross or shoot from distance, so that limits his effectiveness and how you can deploy him tactically. A bit of a mixed bag mentally, with great flair, good composure and anticipation, but his low concentration and decisions mean he'll probably be a very frustrating player to watch play. Looks like an out and out goal poacher to me, but nothing special at all.

Might sound a bit time consuming, but just scout nations yourself.

One trick for regens I use is I go from nation to nation and ordering players by age.

For example in Albania, look at the major clubs, click on them and search by age. Usually the players likely to become good/great players have a high value, say 100k+. I usually scout them and see what the say.

I do this usually first week of July (2nd - 7th).

Of course I do the same for Brazil, Ireland and Russian when thier leagues regenerate.

It might sound sad but It's got me some cracking players.

Mike, I have a question about this. It sounds like a great way to find regens myself, but to take your example of Albania:

When I go to the major clubs there, all players are at least 18 years old. Do you find that as well, or is this because I haven't got a big database loaded? Can you find players under 18 there?

Looking forward to your reaction! :)

Sino: Looks very good, shame about his bravery, concentration and determination, though. Those are especially important for central midfielders, but he looks like he could do a hell of a job as a box to box mid anyway. Thumbs up.

Arias: If played as a right back, his crossing, dribbling and first touch should be better. If played as a center back, his bravery, determination, heading let him down. His anticipation could be better for sure. Also, shame about his natural fitness. And only 5 for aggression?

Tillson: Shame he's so one-footed, but he compensates for that by being virtually flawless technically. On the mental side, he's very good, if not spectacular. A curious physical specimen. Not the quickest in terms of pace, decent off the mark, agile, good balance and is pretty strong but can't jump worth a lick. How do you play him? Good player, from the looks of it, though.

Grimaudo: Again, shame about him being totally one footed. If played as a RB, his tackling, and jumping could be better. Usually it's not the end of a world if a fullback is weak in the air, but 4 is very low for jumping IMO. Looks like he could do a good job in either role, but as a right mid I think he could do with quite a bit more flair, though. Quality, at any rate.

Rigg: Needs to improve his dribbling, technique. He can't cross or shoot from distance, so that limits his effectiveness and how you can deploy him tactically. A bit of a mixed bag mentally, with great flair, good composure and anticipation, but his low concentration and decisions mean he'll probably be a very frustrating player to watch play. Looks like an out and out goal poacher to me, but nothing special at all.

Thanks for the reply man! Simo is amazing he very very rarely doesn't perform, I play him either box to box or advanced playmaker depending on who else is fit. Tillson I play as a poacher because I think his lack of physical brilliance limits him as a complete striker. Arias will be playing at centre back, I'm not overly worried about his heading as he is replacing Onouha, he is there to be fast but still be able to tackle and mark, he will be playing alongside Subotic who will do most of the air work, worked a treat for me last season but I dont think Nedum will last much longer physically at the age of 30. Rigg was brought up at the club and although he's pretty average I thought I'd post him anyway as odds are he'll have to be in my Champions League selection. Simo cost 20 mill, Tillson, 15 mill, Grimaudo 15 mill and Arias 16.5 mill. Simo was worth it, Tillson still hasn't really shown what he can do but he's young.

Mike, I have a question about this. It sounds like a great way to find regens myself, but to take your example of Albania:

When I go to the major clubs there, all players are at least 18 years old. Do you find that as well, or is this because I haven't got a big database loaded? Can you find players under 18 there?

Looking forward to your reaction! :)

It could be a number of reasons but its not a bad thing. You should see some of the 18 year olds have higher values than others, these are the ones you should scout.

I'm not saying you'll get great players in every nation, but as we've seen from some of the regens so far some great players come from all over the place, you might get lucky and find a wonderkid in Sweden but all other nations might be a bit rubbish.

The further you get into a game I've seen Regens in their first season aged 20. If you haven't loaded the nation its likely these 18 year olds will be regens anyway

Happy Scouting!

Two of the best I've found. Di Lorio's only 16 and in his first season seems to be outperforming most (including Aguero), is improving rapidly and is only on a £55 a week contract!! Sure he'll be amazing in a few years.

DiLorio.png

And it's just a shame this guys physical stats are a bit low, otherwise he would be a beast.

Carranza-1.png

Im updating some:

Goalkeeper

---

Killian Jeanjean: Main GK.

Dimitar Zdravkov: Backup GK.

Defenders

---

Aloísio: Promising CB.

Valerio Cecchetti: Main CB.

Marinho: full back.

Oliver Kayhan: Promising CB.

Diego Roldán: Backup CB.

Midfielders

---

David Garmendia: Main DM.

Miguel Teixeira: Excellent midfielder.

Luis Mancilla: Deep lying playmaker.

Daniel Muller: Promising midfielder.

Gabriel Pérez: Promising DM.

Zé Afonso: Backup DM.

Michael Quiróz: Promising midfielder.

Strikers

---

Maurizio Cavanna: Main striker.

Luigi Ranieri: Fast and strong striker.

Davide Galli: bEsT yOuNg StRiKeR eVeR.

Digão: another promising striker.

Gabriel Gil: Good striker.

Did you collect the current best 20 players in the game in your team? I have never seen so many great players all in one team. Looks like a lot of 190+ CA players are warming your bench :)

Im not sure about their CA because im not using any scouting programs, there are other very good players on other teams in almost all positions (except for CBs), anyway ill probably sell some players as some of them are getting old or want to change club because ive bought some of them while they were still young.

Thestrikers were quite surprising and lucky though, Cavanna ive bought while he was 17 for 3.4, and he wasnt very good, ive loaned him to rostock and porto and his stats improved significantly, Gabriel Gil ive bought for 13.25 while he was 19 from barcelona, he was loaned to torino just a season before, with 18 goals on 40 matches, and his stats were very good at the time so i still dont understand why they sold him so cheap.

Digão i bought for 11M from Atlas, he started in CSA, then moved to Atletico Goianense and later to Paraná and Atlas, scoring 29 in 45 games and 16 assists (16 MoM and 7.84 rating) during his first season at Paraná, and 32 in 43 games and 10 assists (14 MoM and 7.99 rating) in his second season in Paraná, then Atlas bought him for 5.25M and he scored 35 in 30 games and 11 assists (3 MoM and 7.57 rating) during his only season at Atlas, he already had very good technical stats while he was playing at Paraná, he improved mostly mentally while at my club. He also scored twice for Brazil's victory against England in 2026 world cup finals.

Davide Galli i bought while he was 16 at Palermo, for 25.5M, since he already had amazing stats, and he improved a LOT so far, and scored 28 in 22 games so far this season.

Luigi Ranieri was the most expensive of those, i bought him for 34.5M from catania, he was very good at the time so it was more expensive than the others.

Ive actually posted some of these months ago, you can see them here if youre interested on their development:

http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4479019&postcount=467

http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4539933&postcount=593

http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4929013&postcount=1068

That Frank Schnepf and Kevin Cuvillier also became world class players, but ive sold them while they were still young since they were not improving, some seasons later they improved A LOT and i actually regret selling them, maybe ill post them later too.

another way to try and find cheap regens is within your player search, change age to max of 17 then contract to Youth, then scout the higher valued players and these are all available to "Approach to sign" for a smaller tribunal fee than what you would generally have to pay...

This left sided centre back has just been announced in my new intake of youth, singled out as possibly one of the players of his generation... finally i have someone that looks like he come through my own academy and be a superstar

what you think??

JacobLloyd.png

This must be the best 19 years old regen ever. He never played before in my game, he was created at 19 years randomly by the game. His PA is 187. I bought him with 8,5m euro from Cruzeiro. A legend in the making. Tutored by Aguero right now. A mental beast.

fm2010042418125956.jpg

Also, my update on Callum Brooks. He's my Wayne Rooney. Already has 1 England cap at 17. His PA is 181 and in this screenshot his CA is 139. Tutored by Tevez.

fm2010042418163812.jpg

That's a great 15 year kid. Here's my own. He has fantastic defensive stats for his age. With a PA of 186, he'll be world-class when he reaches 20. Already played one game in the league, making him the youngest player ever in the history of Premiership.

fm2010042509123603.jpg

So what do you think about him?

The best regen on my save, summer 2014. He was voted 3rd best player in he world behind Messi and Lukaku in 2013 (IIRC). He is not my player, but has a release clause of £24.5M but he is not interested in leaving Real Madrid. CA 183, PA 197 (!) so he is yet to peak. I wonder how many 20s he will have when he peaks :-P

liverani.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The best regen on my save, summer 2014. He was voted 3rd best player in he world behind Messi and Lukaku in 2013 (IIRC). He is not my player, but has a release clause of £24.5M but he is not interested in leaving Real Madrid. CA 183, PA 197 (!) so he is yet to peak. I wonder how many 20s he will have when he peaks :-P

liverani.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Looks superb but what I cannot understand (I am not saying you have cheated or anybody has) but based on his attributes he will have exceeded the 200 CA/PA mark surely? I mean his attributes are better than both Ronaldo and Messi and he still has a potential of 14 points to improve - and we now Ronaldo's and Messi's CA/PA are or roughly. He just has no low arrtibutes. I'm :confused:

Looks superb but what I cannot understand (I am not saying you have cheated or anybody has) but based on his attributes he will have exceeded the 200 CA/PA mark surely? I mean his attributes are better than both Ronaldo and Messi and he still has a potential of 14 points to improve - and we now Ronaldo's and Messi's CA/PA are or roughly. He just has no low arrtibutes. I'm :confused:

Yeah, I don't know how he became so great. I usually keep an eye out for regens, but missed this one completely, probably due to him leaving Inter for Real for 3M. So he was never interested in coming to Marseille. I haven't touched him or any other player in any sorts of editors, I swear.

I have personally signed some good youth regens but they have never become that good. Maybe these players develop faster at huge clubs. For example, I had to wait two years for my Urkainian regen striker to join me in order for him to turn 18 when he could leave the country. Maybe those two years make a big difference. Vorskla (Ukrainian club with poor(?) facilities, coahces etc) vs. Inter and Real Madrid could mean a lot too.

Yeah, I don't know how he became so great. I usually keep an eye out for regens, but missed this one completely, probably due to him leaving Inter for Real for 3M. So he was never interested in coming to Marseille. I haven't touched him or any other player in any sorts of editors, I swear.

I have personally signed some good youth regens but they have never become that good. Maybe these players develop faster at huge clubs. For example, I had to wait two years for my Urkainian regen striker to join me in order for him to turn 18 when he could leave the country. Maybe those two years make a big difference. Vorskla (Ukrainian club with poor(?) facilities, coahces etc) vs. Inter and Real Madrid could mean a lot too.

Ok cheers for that - I do believe you fwiw. Great player!

Did anybody noticed that most of the regens have poor jumping and strength stats?

Yeah I have. Finding a striker especially, type of target man is quite rare with a decent strength attribute. And jumping for CB's especially given its over importance in FM.

I think you may need to invest in some strikers for the future Cardiovascular! :rolleyes:

And a nice little winger to supply them with - and in 2013 aswell - The futures bright.................the futures Liverpool!!! :D

Adams is a slight stand out in a very good crowd - looks like the complete forward - can pretty much do everything!

Thanks nev :D

I was confident about them, so confident I sold Torres and as you can see, Adams and Garnier definitely made it pay off. Morales also came out of his box, scoring more than ever this year. (here he is when signed)

How did you improved Morales strength with 5 points (from 12 to 17) in just 3 years? What training schedulde did you used for him? I'm interested. A screenshot of his training schedule will be great.

Archived