Official FM2010: Rate My Regen

Cardiovascular

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in the process of negotiation a £4.3m transfer of this guy:

22Tobias.png

I know he wont come to me for 3 years, but frankly Sao Paolo's training facilities are far better than mine atm, and they're a good club for youth players. I'm average/excellent for senior and youth while they're top/excellent+YA.

I'm guessing too that he will make an appearance sometime in the near future for the seniors.

P.S. the 74 games is because he's playing for the reserves too, will that cause burn-out?

Brian Shanahan I wouldn't bother with him mate. He's got some good stats, but key attributes like marking, decisions, composure, off the ball and positioning are all way too low. I realise they will improve, and he'll probably be a good player, but I don't those will ever improve enough to make him a worthy signing. That combined with the 'not coming 'til 18 thing' means I wouldn't go for him.

Also 74 games?!?! :eek:

Brian Shanahan I wouldn't bother with him mate. He's got some good stats, but key attributes like marking, decisions, composure, off the ball and positioning are all way too low. I realise they will improve, and he'll probably be a good player, but I don't those will ever improve enough to make him a worthy signing. That combined with the 'not coming 'til 18 thing' means I wouldn't go for him.

Also 74 games?!?! :eek:

Joe as a full back I'm not actually worried about his marking, I'll be retraining him as a WB when I get him, and my full backs tend to be attacking and any defending they do is against wingers. I'm most worried about the 74 games myself. I looked at the Sao Paolo reserves and they only have two non-loanees there, while having 31 in the youths. Why some youths aren't just moved up I don't know.

I am actually worried about the other low stats, but they have time to improve, and he's at a good club for it.

They still need to be able to mark at least a little or good wingers will rip them to shreds.

I rarely get kids from SA unless they are very very good. The 18yo rule puts me off as 16-18 is usually when I develop kids and then at 18 they start mixing them into my first team. So they're two years behind schedule before they've even arrived.

Joe as a full back I'm not actually worried about his marking, I'll be retraining him as a WB when I get him, and my full backs tend to be attacking and any defending they do is against wingers. I'm most worried about the 74 games myself. I looked at the Sao Paolo reserves and they only have two non-loanees there, while having 31 in the youths. Why some youths aren't just moved up I don't know.

I am actually worried about the other low stats, but they have time to improve, and he's at a good club for it.

Well if you want him to be very attacking then his dribbling and crossing are also a bit low. What I would do is wait until he is 18 before signing him, but keep an eye on him in the mean time, that way you can make a judgment on him when he's more developed.

They still need to be able to mark at least a little or good wingers will rip them to shreds.

I rarely get kids from SA unless they are very very good. The 18yo rule puts me off as 16-18 is usually when I develop kids and then at 18 they start mixing them into my first team. So they're two years behind schedule before they've even arrived.

I'm not too worried about the 18y.o. rule as usually I only pay at most £1.5m for a player from SA and I don't take anyone with less than a 3 1/2 star PA with room to improve. So that way if it doesn't work out I can always move the player on at a reasonable price (and being in Spain too parking a player on loan at one of my Spainsh feeders until he's 20 helps there too).

Positioning is more important IMO for wingbacks, along with stamina and workrate, so just work on his mentals and I think he'll come good.

Well positioning and marking complement each other as a pair so both are important. Secondly, positioning is a defensive attribute, so if you want a WB which is an attacking role then they need high OTB and average positioning. That regen has neither and is missing several skills so he isn't worth it, at best he should be bought cheap and sold on. I mean he's not bad, but assuming you want to be a top team he's not going to be good enough IMO.

Btw, I didn't mention work rate because it's already very high, but you're right, it's needed for any wide player, be it defenders or midfielders.

I think it's more important for some roles though. A wide midfielder needs higher work rate than a winger for example. The WM has to track back more but the winger stays higher up the pitch. But yeah, a high work rate is never going to be bad! I rate determination and bravery very highly too.

This is actually why I love FM though, there's so many roles and each one is slightly different and people will all expect slightly different things for each role :)

iv had this guy a little over 18 months now

hes been my best player for Milan and is outplaying Pato

iv been desperately trying to get his technique and driblbling up

his value keeps increasing pretty much all the time id really like to know what his CA is

he is listed as wonderkid and valued at 15.7 mill at the moment and my 20/20 JA/JP coach gives him 4 stars CA

im guessing he is around the 180 mark probably slightly less

id really appreciate it if anyone else could suggest what they think his CA is

thanks

Picture25.png

deshwl looks a brilliant find mate, exotic as well. I'd use him as box-to-box midfielder, so that you can take full advantage of his awesomeness from well, box to box...

b9rbatov very nice. What's his natural position, attacking midfield? I'd say you should work on his attacking training (passing, creativity) and also his tactics, and you'll have yourself a really complete attacking midfielder. You're probably about right in saying around the 180 mark, but if you really want to know I believe FMRTE will tell you, if you're willing to sink to such depths ;)

he is natural in CM, CAM, LM, LAM

i play him LAM as an inside forward and he gets alot of goals there, thinking about teaching cuts inside PPM but he does it enough anyway and scores a fair amount as it is

ball control and attacking are up full whack on his training schedule but i think hes enarly his PA now as his development has slowed somewhat

im on mac so cant use fmrte

the thign i like about him so much is his either footedness as his technical stats are better than alot of players who are very one footed

deshwl looks a brilliant find mate, exotic as well. I'd use him as box-to-box midfielder, so that you can take full advantage of his awesomeness from well, box to box...

b9rbatov very nice. What's his natural position, attacking midfield? I'd say you should work on his attacking training (passing, creativity) and also his tactics, and you'll have yourself a really complete attacking midfielder. You're probably about right in saying around the 180 mark, but if you really want to know I believe FMRTE will tell you, if you're willing to sink to such depths ;)

joe mate the regen is not mine lol

deshwl sign him then! ;)

dudge looks incredible :eek: hard tackling, close down always, tight mark always and weaker foot yes? haha

b9rbatov yeah that would suit him just as well. You could try using him as advanced playmaker attack at AML? It's basically the same as inside forward, he still cuts in etc, but it gives him more creative freedom.

bagayoko.th.jpg

15 Years of age, I like to play him already though, just so he can claim all the records for youngest player and scorer etc. Hasn't scored yet though. I looked on FMRTE and he has 199 Potential Ability, currently 126.

Not bad for a 15 year old!

I have just found a couple of cracking regens - one because I am managing Italy and my Assman recommended and one because I am scouting Eastern Europe and stumbled across him,

What do we think?

http://img408.imageshack.us/i/hugogarca.png/

http://img39.imageshack.us/i/alessandromarchi.png/

I have just found a couple of cracking regens - one because I am managing Italy and my Assman recommended and one because I am scouting Eastern Europe and stumbled across him,

What do we think?

http://img408.imageshack.us/i/hugogarca.png/

http://img39.imageshack.us/i/alessandromarchi.png/

Buy that defender now, stop reading this and buy him! £950k :eek: Even if they made you pay a few mil you'd have a great deal.

He's 18 so he should be able to improve although I'm not sure what. Composure, decisions and positioning I guess but tbh, I'm just being picky for the sake of it.

The striker looks good. His appalling natural fitness would put me off though, not sure you'd be able to string any games together. His low creativity, flair and composure would also need working on. Looks very good, but there a few small things that put big doubts in my head. What are his stats like over the seasons he's played?

I have signed both of them Garcia cost me £10m but not bothered as he looks immense. I checked the history of Marchi and he's played 50 games in 2 seasons while only ever stubbing a toe in the winter of 2011. I will up his fitness training and hope that has the desired effect. I could always just play him as a poacher and that should do the trick.

My Eastern European Scout is certainly earning his money, found this potential world beater - gonna cost £6.5m at 16 and will have to wait 2 years for him to join (by which time I will have probably moved on) but damn he's good:

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/4667/igortolmachev.png

I have signed both of them Garcia cost me £10m but not bothered as he looks immense. I checked the history of Marchi and he's played 50 games in 2 seasons while only ever stubbing a toe in the winter of 2011. I will up his fitness training and hope that has the desired effect. I could always just play him as a poacher and that should do the trick.

If you get that fitness up to a reasonable number then he should be very good for you. Hopefully the other small things will improve naturally too.

That Ukrainian guy has immense mental stats for a 16yo. Could be a very very good box to box player.

I think it's more important for some roles though. A wide midfielder needs higher work rate than a winger for example. The WM has to track back more but the winger stays higher up the pitch. But yeah, a high work rate is never going to be bad! I rate determination and bravery very highly too.

This is actually why I love FM though, there's so many roles and each one is slightly different and people will all expect slightly different things for each role :)

I'll repost in a month (if I remember) when he's a few years older, but thanks for the feedback all of you, its been intersting, and I've picked up a few things.

Unfortunately i'm unable to. He's not listed as one of the players that I can have tutor him .... is that because he might be tutoring someone else?!

Probalby because they're both the same position. You can only set up one relationship for a player at a time.

salmon.jpg

Just got hold of this little guy after a scout spotted him, hes rated at 4 and a half star potential according to my top scout. Any recomendations on who to tutor him with and what sort of role he should be playing

Looks a very good prospect there mate, all key defensive stats are pretty good. Tackling will need improving a fair bit, maybe a little more pace/acceleration and his mental stats will improve with age. Just try and get him tutored by someone with a high determination stat.

Looks a very good prospect there mate, all key defensive stats are pretty good. Tackling will need improving a fair bit, maybe a little more pace/acceleration and his mental stats will improve with age. Just try and get him tutored by someone with a high determination stat.

Cheers, will do. Getting Bodmer to tutor him

What's his natural position?

Due to his low flair, acceleration and dribbling, I can't ever see him being a good winger, but I think he'd do really well inside, possibly as a playmaker type, and I'd use him fairly deep because of his good defensive attributes and low finishing. I'd probably go for advanced playmaker (support) and MC.

^^^

Repeated exactly what I was thinking as I looked at him.

The good work rate and determination should be good indicators that he'll reach his PA too. Assuming he gets regular game time and all that.

Anticipation stands out as the thing to work on specifically, did of strength wouldn't hurt either seeing as he's a bit of a giant.

What's his natural position?

Due to his low flair, acceleration and dribbling, I can't ever see him being a good winger, but I think he'd do really well inside, possibly as a playmaker type, and I'd use him fairly deep because of his good defensive attributes and low finishing. I'd probably go for advanced playmaker (support) and MC.

AMC is his natural position

Archived