Top2Bottom: The Game Thread

Guest roberto922
Mega Upload is the same for me. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I think you might need to whisper sweet nothings to it!

I'm on Premium so it works perfect for me :) Just a shame most people on the forums tend to prefer the hellhole that is rapidshare

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty shattering to have missed out on Europe, but I can't say we didn't deserve it. Only 2 teams scored less goals than us, yet amazingly we were in with a chance of the Champions League until a few games to go. Brilliant season GCB and I can't wait for more T2B action!

Great end to a fantastic signup... would have been a little better if Essendon had maanged to take home the FA Cup, but we were lucky to get as far as we did, with Messi carrying the team - good to see him get rewarded with 3 individual rewards!

As for the European spots, I'm still confused as to why Essendon didn't get a Europa League spot for FA Cup runners up seeing as the winner (New Bloc) earnt a Champions League spot? Given that's what FM has decided I'm not going to dispute it, but did they change the rules on that recently?

I've got a feeling that FM2009 - on the back of the 2007/2008 season - simply rewards the winners of the Cup Final. Maybe there was confusion caused by Cardiff City - a Welsh side - qualifying as an FA Cup Final loser?

Anyway, I think if it happens on FM10, you'd make it a la Portsmouth. I was planning to give you a spot in the Europa anyway but it also seems that England lost a place in Europe recently and we now only get three Europa spots - don't know if that's part of the UEFA to Europa shake-up or because we've not done well in the UEFA till recently - so I couldn't really take a place off the others.

The phrase to be used is probably "unlucky, mate!" I guess ... :thup:

it also seems that England lost a place in Europe recently and we now only get three Europa spots - don't know if that's part of the UEFA to Europa shake-up or because we've not done well in the UEFA till recently - so I couldn't really take a place off the others.

The reason England got 4 in 2007-08 (when Cardiff were FA Cup Finalists) was because England got one through the Sporting Play Draw which was given to Man City.

Archived