Adding a Cup competition to a created league?

naz250

I created the Cypriot league, but I'm confused as to what I need to do create the equivalent of the FA cup. It says that only competiions without teams in the database can be created and is greyed out.

I guess I'm just being stupid and missing something glaringly obvious!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

At the moment there isn't any Cypriot cup competition registered in the game, so in your database seperate from the competition creator, go to competitions and add a cup competition like you would have done before in a previous FM editor. When you've done that, go back to the competition creator and add a cup to Cyprus in the drop down menu, the comp you've just made in the database should be there and you can go on to activate the comp, hope that's helped.

All you need to do is setup the new cypriot cup in the competition creator. You don't need to add teams at that stage.

You then go to add nation rules for cyprus. Add teh created cup. When doing this it will request for which leagues you want to play in the league. Select those and then you'll just need to edit the fiddley bits after.

Jobs a good 'un

Excellent. Thanks fellas. I even managed to work out how to add the Super cup! I guess once you know what you are doing the editor does try to make things as easy as possible. Well, saying that I did have too create the Cypriot leagues again with all their details when I wanted to add the cups. I guess there's a way to amend details, competitions etc to existing newly created leagues, but I just missed it. I'll get there in the end. The prompt responses were much appreciated!

Archived