Official Football Manager 2010 FEEDBACK Thread

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think there are those of us who don't buy the spin that the early release was because of the postal strike. It was a money grab, pure and simple, however they dress it up - and SI and SEGA know it. Its happened before. SI and SEGA have always pretended they don't like it but they don't give a toss - the early release is all about cash and that's the driving factor.

--------------------------

absolute rubbish. So, they'd rather have people cancelling orders with steam, which costs more, and have the consumer go to shop to etc, which despatched early for a cheaper price. SI and SEGA can do nothing about the distributers letting them down, you clearly have no knowledge at all on this subject.

Have had the game for a day now (Thanks to the postal strike thread, shopto and ukmail) and haven't actually started my game with Matlock town yet, too busy editing and testing out my new data. Few little issues with the editor, theres a few things that I'd like to specify for my created comps that I can't such as playoff venues and as a result the game ended up playing them at an 'unknown' neutral ground and also you can't have more than 4 qualifying rounds for the FA Cup. Also the game does appear to struggle to place clubs in the right leagues again after promotions and relegation (for example Bishop Auckland in Durham put in the ryman league) but on a positive note, everything else that I'd created ran fine, so almost ready to start my save.

I love the FM Forums... "Why can't they release it sooner?" for month after month... then "They released it early, how absurd!" for two days before the release.

I'm eager to get my copy... though we Yanks don't have the option of running down to the local shop and grabbing a midnight copy off the shelf. Come on Amazon, release, release, mail, mail... I've been encouraged by all the positive feedback about the game, though. Can't wait to see all the leagues being built using the editor. Hope everyone's enjoying!

--------------------------

absolute rubbish. So, they'd rather have people cancelling orders with steam, which costs more, and have the consumer go to shop to etc, which despatched early for a cheaper price. SI and SEGA can do nothing about the distributers letting them down, you clearly have no knowledge at all on this subject.

So why did Shopto release early? And why have there been similar problems in the past? Enlighten us.

Sorry, have to correct you there. I'm not an employee of either SI or Sega, and it was me who opened this thread. Normally, I'd have waited til tomorrow, but some poeple have managed to get the game early, and were posting their views on the game, so I felt I had to create this thread early.

Two fingers to those who have not got the game - or did you even consider that? No point asking you about the patch either - we all know what will happen then.

So no release date then for FM11? :rolleyes:

I imagine SEGA will take this up with shop.to and tell them to avoid this next year round.

Shop.to took the decision to ship early.

Zavvi didn't.

Are SI/SEGA at fault because shop.to shipped early?

Are SI/SEGA at fault because zavvi didn't because their stock didn't arrive?

Again; tell me what you would do as SI/SEGA when one online shop is shipping 2 days before release?

And btw: I'm not saying that they shipped early because of the strike.

I was just explaining to you that SI/SEGA have no advantage when shop.to are shipping early. Whatever the reason might be for the early shipping.

Oh, and you're most welcome to come and visit my world of elves; we're all playing FM10...

Thank you for the offer but I will respectfully decline. In the real world, there are many retail outlests (games and otherwise) who are struggling, particularly smaller independent outlets. They are more aware than most of the difficulties a recession brings and understand more the concept of "every penny counts". I think its grossly unfair that they have lost sales due to being stuck with a release date which ShopTo blatantly ignored. SI and SEGA can take steps - believe me I know. But they won't.

Even if they could take steps, they're not going to tell us are they? How do you know they havent already taken these steps you feel so confident about? I can just imagine Miles coming on here and posting "God those shopto guys are gits releasing early! Dont worry i've put them in there place!" - real proffessional!

Lets face it, it seems your anger is only directed at one thing and that is shopto. So go on their forum and moan about the early release there! I've gotta be honest tie fighter your attitude towards SI/Sega for a breach in the sales contract that they are victims for is absolutely unwarrented and unfair.

So unless you can explain to me exactly what SI/Sega have done wrong, please keep this thread on topic!

It appears that the people who haven't yet received FM2010 are just trying to ruin it for the people that have. Bloody hell, can you people not just be happy for others and just know that It's not the end of the world that you have to wait another couple of days for you to own the game?

Sour grapes, much.

Personally, my copy has been shipped, I might have to wait till next week to receive it, but I'm happy. :)

Now STFU and let the people who have the game talk about it!

I find it laughable that people are complaining about stores realeasing games early. They do this because people pre-order and expect their games on day of release, to do this they must send them early so they arrive on time. Most retailers give 2 days to make sure people get their orders on time. If you pre-ordered the game and it turned up 3 days after release you'd be annoyed because you could have picked it up in store on the day of release.

So get off your high horse, it happens to every game. You should be happy people are actually BUYING the game rather than searching high and low for illegal copies....

So why did Shopto release early? And why have there been similar problems in the past? Enlighten us.

-----------------------

You'll have to ask shopto. It has nowt to do with SEGA or SI. It may be released due to the possible postal strike, if they have made guarentees and taken extra money for next day delivery they will have to ensure the game reaches the destination. The bottom line is, people are crying cos some have theirs before others. Big deal, it isn't a race to play the game first, other people having the game doesn't affect you. Deal with it and stop being a baby.

Whilst is still obviously a bit early, I must say I am most impressed. The speed of the game is great, tried to test things out by running lots of leagues and it processes faster than last years by some way. The new editor functions are superb, and finally being able to manage in Cyprus is the major plus point for me. Well done to all involved!!!

The Cyprus league is now available in fm 10?

TIE FIGHTER

You seem to be a very angry man / boy. If ShopTo decide to send games out early, so be it. Well done to the people who get to enjoy the game early. I am waiting till release day as I want to start the game with the 1st patch already installed.

If the other stores really cared about "every penny" then they would have followed suit and sent games out early. They have the perfect excuse to due to the postal strikes.

Basically what has happened here is ShopTo have spotted a oppertunity and taken it, by doing so they have a gained a few extra sales. I say well done, thats what the business world is all about. Getting one over on your rivals.

Shopto ship the game early every year to be fair. I've got it a day or 2 early from them for the last couple of years. They seem to get away with it every time lol.

So no release date then for FM11? :rolleyes:

I imagine SEGA will take this up with shop.to and tell them to avoid this next year round.

Shop.to took the decision to ship early.

Zavvi didn't.

Are SI/SEGA at fault because shop.to shipped early?

Are SI/SEGA at fault because zavvi didn't because their stock didn't arrive?

Again; tell me what you would do as SI/SEGA when one online shop is shipping 2 days before release?

And btw: I'm not saying that they shipped early because of the strike.

I was just explaining to you that SI/SEGA have no advantage when shop.to are shipping early. Whatever the reason might be for the early shipping.

Oh, and you're most welcome to come and visit my world of elves; we're all playing FM10...

When I started a new game and the screen comes up with what leagues you want to load I had a look at my computer performance rating and the other one, is it something to do with game speed?

Anyway I wanted to see how quick it would be so I tested it with only the EPL chosen and a small database but I still only had a rating of 3 stars for both. Even worse when I loaded England down to Blue Square North/South this rating went down to half a star for each.

Half a star?! I bought this laptop for £600 about a year ago so how can it be possible for it to be rated so lowly? All I have on the laptop is 13GB of music and FM09 & FM10 so surely I should be rated alot higher than that.

I didn't get to December in the demo.

:(

Yeah, same thing happened to me. For a couple of reasons really, one being that I don't want to get too deep into the Demo as I want to get a larger and better database behind the game. Second was simply the fact that knowing I won't be able to continue after January. Can't wait for Official release mate..

Love the game. The only problem I have, and I've had it since 08, is not being able to see the % of wage being offered on a loan. I know it's a miniscule detail, but when I get 20 loan offers and I want the team to pay 100% wages I don't want to go through every single offer and look if that's what they're offering.

Love the game. The only problem I have, and I've had it since 08, is not being able to see the % of wage being offered on a loan. I know it's a miniscule detail, but when I get 20 loan offers and I want the team to pay 100% wages I don't want to go through every single offer and look if that's what they're offering.

It's easy now though as they introduced the "transfer centre" in 09. Which basically means you can do just that - have all offers including percentage wage being offered, on the same page.

Its SI and SEGA's release date which prevents most retailers from selling the game. There's plenty of evidence on these forums of people who cancelled orders to run with ShopTo. Maybe in your own pretty world of elves and all things bright and beautiful, this is because they wanted to ensure all their customers got the game before the postal strike. There may have been plenty more who read the threads and did not post. Why should they condone/allow one retailer to sell and another not to? SI and SEGA knew what was going on. Then they open an official feedback thread before the release date? Do you not see something wrong with this? Back to your elves and all things bright and beautiful.

Im playing the worlds saddest song on the worlds smallest violin just for you.

And after that there will be a selection of songs, including but not limited to "Justin Timberlake: Cry me a river", "Manic Street Preachers: So why so sad?" and "Linkin Park: Pushing me away".

But seriously... stop complaining.

Ive got it pre ordered on steam and im able to behave like a mature adult (minus that bit up top) and wait for the game without making up conspiracy theories as to how SI and Sega are evil.

I am so impressed with this version for the first time in years.

Though I'm just messing around playing the odd game and going into holiday mode as I'm waiting for the patch and some of the newer added leagues from the Editors Hideaway forum I cannot get over the speed of the game. :thup:

Yesturday I put it into holiday mode with 5 nations and 14 leagues (not much I know) and after 2 hours it had already done 3 and a bit seasons. :eek:

Previous versions would not of even got out of the first season, so well done SI. :)

I had a quick poke around where I'd stopped the game and one thing stood out which I thought was excellent. Derby County had a woman manager. :cool:

Heather Rabbatts had joined Derby as a youth coach from Millwall and after the manager had been sacked she was appointed caretaker manager and after having success was appointed as manager. Not only that she led Derby back into the Championship.

I just thought it was such a cool touch.

But like I said while I just tinker about it's the speed of the game which is so apparent at the moment.

Really like the new layout but i'm gutted that if I load more than 4 divisions (i.e prem - league two) then the game speed and computer performance are half star ratings and it's going really slowly. Never going to be able to play a network game, never mind have a few nations leagues running. I imagine it will only get slower after patch updates and graphics being added too.

Time to save up for a new laptop that can run this much better. :(

When I started a new game and the screen comes up with what leagues you want to load I had a look at my computer performance rating and the other one, is it something to do with game speed?

Anyway I wanted to see how quick it would be so I tested it with only the EPL chosen and a small database but I still only had a rating of 3 stars for both. Even worse when I loaded England down to Blue Square North/South this rating went down to half a star for each.

Half a star?! I bought this laptop for £600 about a year ago so how can it be possible for it to be rated so lowly? All I have on the laptop is 13GB of music and FM09 & FM10 so surely I should be rated alot higher than that.

Anybody know any reason for this?^^^

Anybody know any reason for this?^^^

The rating system is very dodgy, doesn't seem to reflect the actual performance, especially for laptops. My Desktop gets 3.5 stars and my laptop gets 0.5, the laptop is better in every possible way. I find that just ignoring the warnings and setting the game to a level that I think my PC will cope with is the way to do it.

I just saw that if you go on the personal instructions page on the tactics screen for any player, you can not only find the explanations about their possible roles and duties, but also the respective key attributes needed for any role or duty highlighted below.

Great stuff! :):thup:

KUTGW :)

Really don't see why people are making a big fuss about this thread being opened early and some people getting their game early. Get over yourselves! On the subject of the game, I'm impressed so far, though obviously having not got too far into the game I haven't seen every single new feature, but good so far.

Anyone that's holidayed the game a while - how are the regens?

I'm just in December 2010 gonna leave it till the start of the next season to have a look and see how this years ones have progressed.

Liverpool won the league at a canter last year hope they aren't over-rated like Arsenal were last year.

Haven't gone too far in the game but my scouts are already coming up with regens, and some of them look terrific tbh.

I'm signing a 16 years old MC for bastia in Ligue1, he's already a regular and could easily make it in a decent premiership club starting 11

So all in all they look really good

That's a bit odd - Liverpool shouldn't be anywhere near the title with the squad they've got!

Then again, I guess that's a different argument for a different forum :p

Nice to see about regens - no silly patters like no new player having a high decisions stat, or all new players having high physical stats etc etc?

The two months FML offer is a nice touch - cheers SI, I'll think about it now!

The first general feedback I can offer is how much more professional the whole package looks. The back of the case highlights SI's achievements and clarifies exactly what has been improved and how.

Another nice touch is the promise of an official January transfer window update in February - it's nice to know this will happen from an early stage.

The gameplay itself, as demonstrated by the, erm, demo, is superb. I am already thoroughly immersed in the game and consider myself lucky to have received it early - especially in the midst of a postal strike!!!

The only fault I can say about this years game is the white skin - other than that, this is comfortably the best incarnation of FM, and the best from SI overall since CM01/02. Hell, I'll go even further - it's the best football management game ever seen.

Archived