FM10: Peter Crouch

BobMUFC08

Must admit the lad has suprised me on FM10, he finished top goalscorer with 21 goals in the Premiership. Just wondering if he got lucky or have other people seen him hitting similar figures?

(btw I've got to the end of the season so quickly because I'm playing with England until I get the patch and can start my proper career on Friday).

crouchies21goals.jpg

Wow :D I have never seen crouch perform so well.

And I presume that is under A.I. control? Not bad.

He may be perfect for my "big man" "little fast man" combination that I am going to create on Friday ;)

Yes the AI had him, pretty annoying because when it came to picking my world cup squad Tottenham had been playing him instead of Defoe and United hadn't been playing Owen so I had to pick Crouchy, he's been pretty good though, bagged a few goals and got some assists as a targetman:)

Composure 18, Dribbling 15, Finishing 16??? These three ratings seem very high for Crouch. Combined with his other rather high attributes he will be a world-class striker in the game when in real life he is quite far from that type of stature.

He seems just as overrated as Adebayor was in FM09.

All of Crouch's goals are normally scrappy tap ins, or over towering headers (95% of the time, Crouch wins the header).

If anything, IMO.. His composure should be lowered to around 15/16 and then heading up to 19 possibly. But hey, thats just me. I will live with him how he is :thup:

For my tottenham team he isn't doing that well, doesn't seem to work that well as a Target Man with Target Man supply set; 'To Head'.... :s

I have been having incredible success playing him as a normal deep lying forward with support role. That way he uses his great touch and size to involve the midfield and also flick balls on for the advanced striker, and then he arrives late in the box and wins crosses for goals or assists. Especially if you play him with Defoe as a poacher role you will get great production out of both of them.

Trying to make him work in a 4-5-1 with two flying wingers and him as the lone striker, but when I set him to 'Target Man', he doesn't seem to do anything, and both my wingers are flying down the wings crossing balls in consistantly.

Would love to make it work cos he has great stats, but at the moment Cardozo and Pavlychenko are above him

All of Crouch's goals are normally scrappy tap ins, or over towering headers (95% of the time, Crouch wins the header).

If anything, IMO.. His composure should be lowered to around 15/16 and then heading up to 19 possibly. But hey, thats just me. I will live with him how he is :thup:

I disagree, I'd argue that whilst he wins headers due to his height, his actual heading technique is not great. 18 is generous if anything. You have a point about his composure though.

Archived