Sports Interactive Community
Michael F

The Official General Database Editing Thread

Has anyone yet seen what happens if for example when you have regional leagues set and there is not enough spaces due to prom/rele to the spare team.

For example

Will use a world league for example.

four teams relegated

2 asian

1 african

1 americas

but four teams up

1 european

1 asian

1 african

1 americas

will one of the asian teams force itself into the european league?

OK last plan not wok to well. So decided I was going to do the Andorran league which was going great until I realised there is no Super Cup in the database for them.

SO I have used the name "Lower Division" for the Super Cup (see screenshot)

Is there away for me to change the name to "Andorran Super Cup" - If so I guess it is just as easy to change the leagues to the correct names too?

Ok if I understand you correctly you are replaceing the lower division with the super cup. You can do that and if you wan't to change the name just double click on Andorran lower division and it should open up it's screen for you. However you could instead go into database - competition and create the Super Cup from scratch and then add it into nation rules - Andorra.

I hope I'm correct.

Question - I have a 16-team league with 2 x 18-team leagues below them.

I want 3 to promote from my 16-team league.

I want 4 to relegate from my 16-team league.

I want 2 to promote from each of my 2 x 18-team leagues.

Sounds simple enough, but will the editor allow this?

I've tried and tried but it appears to want 4 to promote from my 16-team league.....

Let's say I'm totally reconstructing a country that's already in the game. I can create the leagues and cups from scratch right, then add them into nation rules and deactivate the old ones. Is that enough or am I forced to overwrite the old system?

If I can create from scratch what happens to euro cup and champions league places, let's say I wan't to have 2 cups and one of the gives place in euro cup, can I do that or is it hard coded into the old cup wich I have now deactivated?

Ok if I understand you correctly you are replaceing the lower division with the super cup. You can do that and if you wan't to change the name just double click on Andorran lower division and it should open up it's screen for you. However you could instead go into database - competition and create the Super Cup from scratch and then add it into nation rules - Andorra.

I hope I'm correct.

OK this is how I did it - think it is the way you may have suggested. Loaded up the database and edited the Lower League to Super Cup. Then merged that saved db to the Andorran one I had already created - it worked on the editor - now to test it.

sorry if this has been answered already but how do you make the changes you've made to the database happen in game, i've created a player but he doesn't appear in the game when i start a new game. also i dont get an option when creating a new game to select which database i want to use

i have edited my database but when i try to load it as new game it doesnt let me , why and how do i use my edited database ?

when i click on new game and tick change it still doesnt give me my database it only says default.

PLEASE someone help me. How the hell do i make my new database take effect in my game. Im sorry im kind of new to database editor.

im afraid to say that im quite disappointed with the new editor and the lack of documentation for it. Think the idea of changes being stored in xml is a good idea. certainly saves on disk space instead of making an entire copy of the db.

can anyone tell me what the difference between saving changes and merging the db changes is?

anyway, i have been mucking about with liverpool and for love nor money, i cant get rid of the 240 mill bank loan debt. i've tried several times. i have managed to remove the 86mill debt but the after removing the 240mill debt in the editor, it still shows up when i start the game. can anyone else try this and get back to me.

like i said, not pleased with the complete lack of any documentation to explain the editor. people who dont have access to, or dont know about the forums have little or no chance of success with it.

pity, because like i said, there are plus points.

this is your instructions to use a changed database editor

How do I load my file into my game inside FM?

When clicking 'New Game' inside FM, you will get a dialog box appear called Choose Database. Notice in this box it will have section saying Editor Data Files and a 'Change' tick button. Clicking this button will allow you to select which of your files to load into your game.

THIS DOESNT WORK

am i doing something wrong when im editing the database , all i want to do is add a new club and add it to the coca cola league 2

this is your instructions to use a changed database editor

How do I load my file into my game inside FM?

When clicking 'New Game' inside FM, you will get a dialog box appear called Choose Database. Notice in this box it will have section saying Editor Data Files and a 'Change' tick button. Clicking this button will allow you to select which of your files to load into your game.

THIS DOESNT WORK

am i doing something wrong when im editing the database , all i want to do is add a new club and add it to the coca cola league 2

Have you read the stickies? You'll most likely need to clear your cache before that window will appear to allow selection of the xml files.

OK last plan not wok to well. So decided I was going to do the Andorran league which was going great until I realised there is no Super Cup in the database for them.

SO I have used the name "Lower Division" for the Super Cup (see screenshot)

Is there away for me to change the name to "Andorran Super Cup" - If so I guess it is just as easy to change the leagues to the correct names too?

Editor.jpg

Why didn't you just create a new competition called 'Andorran Super Cup' and then add that?

Question - I have a 16-team league with 2 x 18-team leagues below them.

I want 3 to promote from my 16-team league. (Division 1)

I want 4 to relegate from my 16-team league. (Division 1)

I want 2 to promote from each of my 2 x 18-team leagues. (Division 2a and Division 2b)

Sounds simple enough, but will the editor allow this?

I've tried and tried but it appears to want 4 to promote from my 16-team league.....

I've labelled the divisions above so I can explain this:

Division 1:

Number of Promotion Places = 3

Number of Relegation Places = 4

Division 2: (This is an empty league created with no teams, which is added to nation rules as a league with sub divisions. The sub divisions are Divisions 2a and 2b)

Number of Promotion Places = 4

Have you read the stickies? You'll most likely need to clear your cache before that window will appear to allow selection of the xml files.

silly question by me ,

what do you mean by stickies and how and were do you clear the cache !!!

I have created an XML file but it is not appearing in game

Firstly make sure you have saved the file to the editor data file. If this is correct, you should try the following.

Firstly you should delete your cache and then remove the config.xml file from the editor data folder.

How to delete your cache files

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders. Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Tools' then 'Folder Options'. Then go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Windows XP:

1. Open 'My Computer'

2. Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the 'Sports Interactive' folder

4. Delete any 'Football Manager' folder

Windows Vista:

1. Click 'Start'

2. Click your username on the Start Menu

3. Click on 'AppData' and then 'Roaming'

4. Go into the 'Sports Interactive' folder

5. Delete any 'Football Manager' folder

Mac OSX

1. Open Finder

2. Select <User>

3. Navigate to Library\Caches\Sports Interactive

4. Remove any “Football Manager” Folder

The editor data folder is located

PC – My Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2010 > editor data

MAC – Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2010 > editor data

super bladesman... could you do me a favour and attempt to remove the bank loan debt from liverpool and see if you can get it reflected in the new game. i can get the 86mill debt removed but not the 240mill debt, despite deleting both in the editor.

id just like someone else to try it so i know im not going mad.

thanks,

Matt

I've created a new league structure based in England right down as far as step 8 but with an EPL2 with celtic and Rangers and that is working OK. The problem is with creating cups, I've duplicated the FA cup added leagues to supply 512 teams but am having problems working outuddenly the numbers needed to dripfeed in the clubs as the FA cup does and then after all that the cup suddenly defaults to 256 clubs and any attempt to change it back to 512 results in it changing itself back to 256. Any ideas where I'm going wrong and the numbers needed in each round ?

how do i do a mass edit of all players in a country?

or even a mass edit of all staff or players in a club?

ie, changing the potential or current ability of multiple players or staff at once instead of one at atime

I wonder. The "B" teams should not be promoted to the Premier League (my Cayman Islands Leauge), but should I click the "B/Reserve Teams can not be promoted" in the Premier rules or the First Division rules?

Does that option mean "can not be promoted TO division", or "FROM the division"?

"From" it means

Excellent... that means I've done it correctly (never got to see it come into effect in my tests, so I wasn't sure - and no B-Teams came up from the lower divisions, so I was wondering if having ticked the option in the First Division prevented the B-Teams in the league below from being promoted.

right, when it says Number of Rounds, why is it always set to 2? shouldnt it be 1 in most leagues?

or am i missing something?

I think that means the amount of times the teams play each other.

Correct.

This way - as in some leagues - you can also set up teams to play each other 3 times. I tested it, and it works brilliantly.

Correct.

This way - as in some leagues - you can also set up teams to play each other 3 times. I tested it' date=' and it works brilliantly.[/quote']

Ahh i get it now, cheers for that :D

Does anyone know how to free transfer every player so you can customly pick your team from scratch? I cant find the option on the editor???

how do we save a modified database? using the save data option dosent seem to be working

EDIT: figured it out

I made a league that has two sub-divisions - one European, one South American. I had it so the champions of each league play each other at the end of the season to determine the ultimate champion. I holidayed through and everything went fine the first season. The next season however, all of the clubs were mixed up so that the South American and European teams were all mixed together within the leagues. Is there any way to prevent this from happening? There is no relegation or promotion either, it's just the one league. Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Am I correct when I believe the Finnish 4th tier can't be recreated properly due to the limitations of the league editor? (The Finnish 4th tier consists of 10 regional subdivisions, the winners in 8 of those 10 gain automatic promotion, while the winners from 2 specific 4th tier divisions playoff for one spot in the 3rd tier)

Or am I too stupid to understand how to set promotion/relegation rules for the subdivision?

I assume it's also the case with the Swiss 3rd tier. 3 Subdivisions where the top two in each division + the two best 3rds qualify for playoff. (I guess the "best" possible solution is having the top three from each division qualify for playoff)

And this might be hard-coded into the game, can you force relegation of the 2nd teams from the Austrian 2nd tier for next season (which is the case IRL)?

Is it possible to set which teams play each other in a promotion/relegation play-off which is the case with the promotion playoff from the Austrian 3rd tier? (It's already decided which regional league winner playing the 2nd-from-bottom team from the 2nd tier and the other two regional league winners play each other for a spot in the 2nd tier)

And a general question, with regional divisions, do you have to set boundaries in all directions for it to work properly, when it for example is only north-south division between two regional subdivisionse, so really there is only a boundary to the south/north?

Maple - that wouldn't work, no. The game wouldn't be able to choose which 8 division winners to promote! The nearest you could get would be to have 10 promotion places for the winners.

It's also not possible to change the rules / number of entrants for future seasons - as far as I know. For a first edition of the editor, it's a very powerful tool - but it's not all-powerful yet, I'm afraid.

I made a league that has two sub-divisions - one European, one South American. I had it so the champions of each league play each other at the end of the season to determine the ultimate champion. I holidayed through and everything went fine the first season. The next season however, all of the clubs were mixed up so that the South American and European teams were all mixed together within the leagues. Is there any way to prevent this from happening? There is no relegation or promotion either, it's just the one league. Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

You'd most likely need to set regional boundaries on the two competitions (i.e. the most northern point in S. America, the most southern point in S.America... etc).

Need a bit of help here. I'm trying to remove part of Liverpool's debt through the editor. I removed it in the editor, saved the XML file, and started a new game. I selected the xml file in the new game for sure, but the debt is still there.

I've loaded up the editor again and checked and the debt is still there. No matter what I do, I can't seem to remove it. I've tried reducing it, but it still stays the same number even after saving.

Any ideas?

if i expand super bladesman and others add clubs to other XML file

can i merge that 2 files?

cause its easier and quicker to more ppl adding things than one adding all that things

i started to add leves and subdivisions to super bladesman file anybody else add other things like clubs rules etc?

i can also add clubs rest i dont know cause i dont know rules prize money etc

thanks

a have installed the 10.1 patch, but i cannot see database choice to load in the editor??? does it automatically load the most recent db or what ?

There is no data update, so there is only one database you can load.

I'm having a lot of trouble editting a clubs budget. I've done all the recommended clearing of the cache etc, and I've also been able to quite easily create a new league and get it running. However, I'm not able to get the transfer budgets I create working in game. Perhaps this is a bug, but here is what I've done:

Increased Raith Rover's reputation to 4,600. Deleted all debt, then increased finances to £40,000,000. I then ticked the "Sugar daddy" box, increased the transfer kitty from "0" to "20,000,000", then the wage budget to £350,000 (I originally left the two budgets blank to let the game decide them)

Still not working in game, even though an XML file has been created and I've ticked it so that it should work in the game, but it doesn't. When I reload this file in the editor the changes are said to have been made though.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have a question regarding "Domestic Main Cups". How many can you have? The reason I ask is because I've revamped the English league and create 3 of these "main cups".

I don't quite understand how qualification to Europe works though. I'd have thought that at least two of the cup winners would qualify for the EURO Cup, but they don't always. A lot of the time it's only the team who finishes 5th in the league that qualifies.

Any ideas?

I'd imagine you should only have one 'Main cup' and the rest should be set as 'Other cups'.