Sports Interactive Community
Matt ex SEGA

Postal Strikes, Orders Shipping, Steam, when will I get my game - OFFICIAL

Still waiting on my copy from Zavvi, can't see it arriving today because I'm still waiting for some DVD's to arrive from Play that were posted 2 days before FM and our postman this week has only been bothered to deliver junk mail that's been dated the previous day. :rolleyes:

Yea that annoyed us yesterday too. We got loads of mail - all of it junk! And the things that we were actually waiting for didn't turn up.

If they outlawed junk mail I'm sure the postal service would be much better!

My postie didnt come yesterday or today (so far). He told me he wasnt even going on strike! What is he playing at !?

I'm very surprised that so many people have their copies today

I'm holding out no hope. Live (at uni) in damned Thornaby, just near Middlesbrough.

All bloody work shy here.

:)my Zavvi order finally arrived at 11am this morning,was out shopping yesterday evening couldn't resist looking in the Game shop at Castlepoint Bournemouth,they had at least 10 on the shelf so bought one:D,,,,,,,,I've already sold the Zavvi one!:D

I dont mind because it was so cheap and theres postal strike where i live today so it cant come today

i ordered from zavvi and still not got game through the door. i live and scotland so do u think the postal strike and distance has cause this?

Don't tell anyone but there's this thing called a postal strike.

Some people are getting there's today though, which is good news. No sign of my postie yet.

I'm really quite fed up of seeing people complain about zavvi. I've seen all sorts of ridiculous comments from people complaining about the 3-5 days posting (despite the fact that it clearly says this at the checkout), blaming zavvi on the post not being delivered etc etc.

They are offering free postage because items come from Jersey (like Amazon, play etc etc) - hence if you live way up north you might be surprised to learn that it may take an extra day to get to you - even without a postal strike.

If you wanted to guarantee getting the game on release day, then you should have bought from a supplier that do not use royal mail to deliver. Or Parcel Farce for that matter :D

No because mail is kept at the sorting office and not the post office, isn't it?

Ordered from Zavvi and it was confirmed on 23/09. The post arrived yesterday and today, both without FM10 :(.

yea i dont mind waiting the extra days, i got it for good deal from zavvi with no postage? so i dont see y people are complaining? just looking forward for the game coming to my door now.

haha crabs is a bit far.

but for all i care he can deliver my game and then retire and live abroad on the tax dodge

Yes, I disagree with crabs, I hope he gets AIDS and cancer.

I'm very envious of the guys who have received their copy today. The chances of a postman doing his round in my crappy town is zero. I'm tempted to go to the picket line and throw eggs at them.

Or just shout obscenities (it's the cheaper option).

yea i dont mind waiting the extra days, i got it for good deal from zavvi with no postage? so i dont see y people are complaining? just looking forward for the game coming to my door now.

No matter how much you paid, it's a pre-order! The whole point of it is that you get the game on the day. If Zavvi can't offer that then they need to put their prices up and use a courier. They shouldn't be offering cheap prices to use Royal Mail which they know won't be operating fully.

Ignorance abounds.

Zavvi will have an expensive contract with the royal mail (the whole hut group will). They can't just cancel that on a whim because of the strikes, as they would have to arrange a new deal with a different courier and pay compensation and so on and so forth.

You knew there were strikes, you chose to order from a company that uses royal mail to ship things from Jersey for free postage.

Not their fault, all your fault.

Ignorance abounds.

Zavvi will have an expensive contract with the royal mail (the whole hut group will). They can't just cancel that on a whim because of the strikes, as they would have to arrange a new deal with a different courier and pay compensation and so on and so forth.

You knew there were strikes, you chose to order from a company that uses royal mail to ship things from Jersey for free postage.

I agree entirely with you.

I vote we make you our leader :p

Have to wait til Monday evening now to play FM, that's if it comes on Monday at all! Never pre-ordering a game again in my life.

It's the worst thing watching everyone on the forums talk about the game when you don't have it and all you want to do is play the game.

Ignorance abounds.

My sentiments exactly. I bought from Zavvi & yes I'm still waiting, just show some patience for crying out loud....

If you wanted to guarantee getting the game on release day, then you should have bought from a supplier that do not use royal mail to deliver. Or Parcel Farce for that matter :D

Or UKMail, pay them 1.99 for next day delivery, they send an e-mail on thursday saying they will deliver friday and then they don't bother, last time I use them, I would of preferred them to tell me they wouldn't deliver on time rather than lie.

No sign of my postie today, guess he's not working. Was everyone's post on time or was it later than usual?

Wasn't expecting it, but I got my Zavvi copy this morning from the postie. \o/ Seemingly still not on strike here in Lincolnshire.

I got my Zavvi order! Ordered mine on the 19th October! Waiting one day after release was easy...

Now on to edit my world uberliga!

If mine doesn't arrive on Saturday morning I'm gonna march in to the Royal Mail HQ and kill the lot of 'em.

Does anybody know of any gun shops in the Nottingham area??

:@

YES I GOT FM 10!!!! JUST CAME BACK FROM TESCO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! £27.71 BABY. I unwrapped it and now I'm going to install it WISH ME LUCK that there aren't any problems.

OMG , IT WORKS, NO PROBLEMS AT ALL STEAM is the best lol :D im so happy . unlucky for the people that are getting errors :p going to bash FM at 9 .. I'm not going to play it now since i got a lot of work to do ect.:thup::D

No postman today :(

same here. Also got my new pc yesterday and ..... its broke already, basically windows installation was interupted (not by me) and now I have to wait till next week to get a replacement. Not the best of days for me

Like some others in here it was despatched on Wednesday by Zavvi and I am yet to recieve it. Got to blame Royal mail strikes, rather than Zavvi. Sodding postmen!

Bit that is really upsetting, as I can live without the game for a few days, is that I saw the game for sale in Sainsburys for £25.95. This is a mere £2 more than what I paid from Zavvi. Just cursing myself for try to be cheap.

From now on, I'm ordering my games from www.ShopTo.net because some people's games arrived on Wednesday who bought it from there! I can't believe I have to wait until Monday as a minimum! I'm going crazy and I have considered suicide.

I live in Turkey and in the past couple of years, the game hasn't hit the shelves until a week or two after the UK. For that reason, I ordered it from the local equivalent of Amazon who boasted on their website that their orders would be sent out on October 30th with same day/24 hour delivery for major cities. They also pointed out stores would not be selling the game before next week.

And what happened? Of course, an email comes saying the couldn't dispatch it on Friday and will be sending it on Monday instead. :( On top of that, I was in a store last night where they were selling the game - and 10 Lira cheaper too! :mad:

Guess it will come monday now from zavvi, typical really as just built myself a new pc today in preparation to be playing it today

I`m in Derby

Same here, mine's arrived today and im from Derby £17.95 from ZAVVI =)

Haven't had chance to play it yet tho..

Although luckierly for me, Iv just had to drop out of college whilst I have to wait a month or so for my new apprenticeship to start!

One month of time to kill, my laptop is going to get a heavy beating! :)

I`m in Derby
Does anybody know of any gun shops in the Nottingham area??

:@

Fought there was more gun shops than normal shops in Nottingham tbh :)

From a loving Derby fan ;)