Postal Strikes, Orders Shipping, Steam, when will I get my game - OFFICIAL

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess what just turned up in the post?

I'm not the smug type, but I make no apologies for this post and for Karma taking care of its business.

£18 for a year of FM and a copy on day of release, something Play couldn't manage for £30 last year. Cheers Zavvi :)

Mine hasn't arrive yet, do you have tracking on your game? Mine has been sent by CityLink.

Latest update from it:

30 Oct 2009 07:49:00 AM MILTON KEYNES BUCKINGHAMSHIRE GB Out for delivery

I don't know how to see the tracking of my game :S

I think mines been sent out via DHL

Still awaiting mine from Game.

Tracked it through parcel force yesterday and it said it was on its way to delivery. So surely it will

come today??

Sounds similar to me. Mine apparently was attempted delivery yesterday and the tracking reckons its going for an automatic redelivery, but it doesnt say when. Really hoping it turns up soon, as I'm out again most of the afternoon.

Any news from those who bought from HMV?

Sadly I won't know till i get home tonight... I fear the game + mug combo will be too big to fit through my letter box and I would have to go and collect from Royal Mail depot, which probably wont be open tomorrow.

So my current plan is to go to GAME on my way home and get a 2nd copy - if i dont have to use it then i will leave it unopened as an xmas present for my old man or my best mate.

Wow cheers Zavvi, cheap price - crap service. Play were like this last year as well, gutted its happened 2 years in a row, Zavvi have until 4 this afternoon to give me my copy otherwise I'll be heading down to Tesco to scout out any copies they hopefully have left and sending Zavvi's back rather than selling it on because I don't want Zavvi getting any money off me.

I dont know why people are blaming zavvi. The initially said that deliveries where to be despatched on release date. Due to the strikes, they decided to release it earlier.

I dont know why people are blaming zavvi. The initially said that deliveries where to be despatched on release date. Due to the strikes, they decided to release it earlier.

Yea, hardly zavvi's fault. They sent it out on the 28th, and if it's not here after two days then it's not their fault at all.

Guest pacoshoreroad

Posties been n gone and no FM from zavvi. rageing! ordered it on the 11th if they hada let me know it woulda took 3-5working days wudnt have bothered getting it of them. might cancel my order n get it from asda. any wonder zavvi went bust.

Posties been n gone and no FM from zavvi. rageing! ordered it on the 11th if they hada let me know it woulda took 3-5working days wudnt have bothered getting it of them. might cancel my order n get it from asda. any wonder zavvi went bust.

Once Zavvi dispatch the game, it's out of their hands. It's not their fault, it's the postal backlog.

Guest pacoshoreroad

whats the sense in pre-ordering if your not gona get it on the date it comes out. may aswell have gone to the shop

Well they always send out games to get them to the customers on release day - otherwise they wouldn't be able to compete with the high street stores.

This delay is not zavvi's fault, that should be obvious when the f'in postal service is striking!

Obviously not for some people..

my postie likes a lie in most mornings so my post is yet to arrive...

im a zavvi spetember £18 pre-order and it was dispatched 28th.

seems the zavvi orders ar 50/50 at the moment. im hoping those that didnt get it are the ones who mostly got it dispatched yesterday.

come on royal mail, ive got the patch and everything!

my postie likes a lie in most mornings so my post is yet to arrive...

im a zavvi spetember £18 pre-order and it was dispatched 28th.

seems the zavvi orders ar 50/50 at the moment. im hoping those that didnt get it are the ones who mostly got it dispatched yesterday.

come on royal mail, ive got the patch and everything!

Mine was despatched on the 28th and didn't turn up today.

IMPORTANT: To all those who ordered from HMV:

I spoke to somebody at HMV customer services earlier today - parcelforce deliveries are actually 3-5 working days not 1-2, I was told any emails and people I spoke to saying 1-2 days are wrong.

If you don't have your tracking number yet (as I still don't) it means that it isn't with a courier yet (and may not even be with parcelforce yet) and probably won't arrive until Monday.

My advice is to call them and complain, they will refund you the extra charge for the priority (£3.50 iirc) immediately.

I've since been to Game and bought it anyway, i'll send the HMV one back -but probably keep the mug...y'know as 'compensation'.

Archived