Postal Strikes, Orders Shipping, Steam, when will I get my game - OFFICIAL

Because the game only went gold a couple of weeks ago meaning it was not ready by then!!

Gold demo means its release version so they would not have send it to be printed yet. I'm sure most shops have received their allocation of copies beginning of this week ..... they could have said to shops to send out as soon as they get them . Its just a joke to me, what will make me laugh is I can bet that there will be pirated copies on the net over next couple of days.

Could have been handled better IMO, I love the game and just wanted everyone to have fair shot of receiving the game at the same time. It makes sense to please your costmers by giving them the game earlier then making them wait ......... any marketing person should know that

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes i know that jouneyman but thats not si fault theres nothing they can do if people dont get game on time thats the responsibilty of who ever they pre-orderd with

Noone affected by this has blamed SI / Sega. People are only having a go at SI /Sega cos they wont release the game early. Its clearly a case of poor service from Zavvi. This thread is about delays in shipping for preorders, which applies to all the zavvi preorders, and not about complaining they didnt get their game 2 days early.

If by some miracle I get the game on Friday I will be happy. Im not bothered that i wont get the game early as that isnt why I preordered. I will however be p*ssed off if i DONT get it Friday, as promised by Zavvi at the point of purchase.

I second this. I have looked at steam the last few days and noticed changes. Last night it went from 30th October to the 29th. Then today it went back to the 30th..now in the last hour or two its gone back to the 31st??

Anyone know what the hell is going on?

Steam are taking the P!ss with the changing of the date every 5 minutes. Not buying from them now!

He's talking about the fact this happens every year pretty much.

Cos PC games are usually shipped out way in advance of release, they always end up on sale somewhere before the retail date. Shopto and a few other sites have been putting games out early for a couple of weeks cos of the strikes, but I've always got got games 1-2 days early anyway, but I got Uncharted 2 3 days early last week.

Some years SI/SEGA have actually brought the release forward as that many stores have broken dates.

None of you were expecting it till friday so I don't see how people can moan that they don't have it, people who do mostly got it from retailers who have a good service and took measures to combat the selfish postal strikes

If you dont buy from Amazon is there any other way you can get it quicker?

Even if I wanted to change I can't it is already in processing ready to dispatch in other words. The problem Is with the change of CTT to MRW that I have to wait for 4 working days for my game and that is if it arrives on the date that Amazon says, because since MRW started delivery, it is been one or two days later.

Anyway I just send an email asking why the is since this morning item soon to be dispatched. If they say the same as some people are saying I'm going to ask to send by Express mail. Yes I can pay more then I should be, but I'm not waiting till Tuesday - Wednesday of next week to receive my game.

My Zavvi status has just changed to "Dispatched" and I also got an email confirming dispatch.

etc.

Mine's just been dispatched at Zavvi, the website status has updated.
My Zavvi status now says dispatched.

Argh!!!! Mine only changed to awaiting despatch an hour ago. Still says that now. I'm hoping that my copy is dispatched with your lot!

Can I just ask you guys the date you preordered and the price you paid?

In the past few minutes my order from Zavvi has changed from "awaiting despatch" to "despatched". I think there is little to no chance of receiving the game by the weekend, but hopefully they have just taken their sweet time to update the status and already had it in the post.

Could be, mine said awaiting dispatch yesterday. 3-5 day delivery time though. Oh well, can't be any slower than my Madden order from shopto that took 8 days to arrive. First class signed for my arse.

I really cant belive people just cant wait till friday its 1 and a half days :confused:

Its unreal aint it!! I'm on the phone to sky at the moment demanding to know why Gillette Soccer Saturday is not on tomorrow afternoon!!!

-------------------------

then you the ability to see into the future seeing as you're predicting a farce come Friday. What other reason can you have for insinuating that release day is set to be a shambles....

It doesnt take many brain cells to realise that I mean the general hullaballoo that goes along with an FM release date, which this thread is a part of.

OK, well it seems that the people who have got the despatch email from Zavvi all ordered theirs some time before me, so fair play it seems they ARE doing them in order.

Stevie_G, i ordered on the 12th Oct and at the same stage as you. Looks like the September pre-orders are on their way and the October ones still being sorted.

Can anyone who ordered between 10 & 20th Oct with Zavvi keep us all posted, and I shall do the same!

Hello.

I pre-ordered from Zavvi at 15.9. and I just received an email stating:

"Thank you for your order with zavvi. We can confirm the item(s) below have been sent to you. Delivery will normally take between 3 to 5 working days, but can sometimes take a little longer due to postal delays. Please allow 10 full working days before notifying us of any delays in arrival."

I thought some people here would like to know this.

edit: Oh, and the status at the Zavvi account page changed to "Despatched". Naturally...

I ordered mine from ShopTo.net last night at about 6pm and, as of today, the website is still showing my order as "processing". However, I was told by ShopTo that I wouldn't have my card charged until the pre-order was dispatched. My card has been charged and it's still showing as processing.

Is this a similar experience to anyone else?

Shopto or Zavvi are pretty much the same, personal preference I suppose.

For those worried about shopto preorders and haven't had a dispatch email, I'm on their forum and it says if the card has been charged and you get that email etc then it has been dispatched. At least thats what I inferred from the post.

stevie G, I'm guessing you used Zavvi? I didn't, so it is different on shopto. Thanks anyway :)

Really getting agitated now, was hoping for it tomorrow, but looks like I'll be disappointed.

yes i did place my order with zavvi.

OK, well it seems that the people who have got the despatch email from Zavvi all ordered theirs some time before me, so fair play it seems they ARE doing them in order.

Stevie_G, i ordered on the 12th Oct and at the same stage as you. Looks like the September pre-orders are on their way and the October ones still being sorted.

Can anyone who ordered between 10 & 20th Oct with Zavvi keep us all posted, and I shall do the same!

i would hope so although still little hope for getting it on time for friday.

Shopto or Zavvi are pretty much the same, personal preference I suppose.

For those worried about shopto preorders and haven't had a dispatch email, I'm on their forum and it says if the card has been charged and you get that email etc then it has been dispatched. At least thats what I inferred from the post.

Ta. :thup:

Thank you for your order with zavvi. We can confirm the item(s) below have been sent to you.

Delivery will normally take between 3 to 5 working days, but can sometimes take a little longer due to postal delays. Please allow 10 full working days before notifying us of any delays in arrival.

We send each item of your order as soon as it becomes available at no extra charge. If you are waiting for any other items which are not listed below you will receive a further e-mail once they have been sent.

We will endeavour to keep you updated on the status of your order and any delays that may occur.

The following item(s) have been sent to:

Mine's just been dispatched at Zavvi, the website status has updated.

*Cries* I keep getting the payment problems..I cannot for the life of me understand why. If it's not sent etc, as promised tomorrow I'm just gonna cancel. I expected it to come a few days after release, and that's not a problem. But I hoped to see it being sent out this week but they seem unable to draw any money from me despite being able to reserve a tiny amount. :(

Archived