Postal Strikes, Orders Shipping, Steam, when will I get my game - OFFICIAL

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Due to other life commitments, and the amount of hours FM seems to require these days I actually stopped playing FM several months ago. I have not pre-ordered FM10, nor do I plan to buy it in the shops in the near future, and as such I feel I offer a rather impartial viewpoint on one of the matters being discussed, i.e. that some members have their game, whilst other's who ordered through Steam will not be able to get it early. I do however enjoy the buzz that occurs on the forums around release date, hence why I am back and making a post.

Now Matt, based on what you have said you acknowledge that some people have the game early, but are making no plans to push the official release date forward, which is fair enough based on what you have said. However, I understand that the idea of using steam (and other digital download) was because that is the way the gaming industry is going and in the future (maybe 10-20 years) you will no longer be able to buy games in stores. I also understand that this cuts certain production costs (such as making disks, transport and warehouse storage). Therfore for a companies such as SI and SEGA, profits will be greater if people use digital download. Correct me if I am worng, I do not claim to be an expert on this but I certainly feel as though the general push is towards using STEAM for downloading FM (and other games), and there must be benefits to the company in selling games this way.

I am sure a lot of people who pre-ordered through STEAM are feeling pretty hacked off right now, I certainly would be and further more, I certainly wouldn't order from STEAM next year. You have said yourself in this thread that you wouldn't be suprised ifstores are selling the game tomorrow. Surely for any fan thinking of buying FM11, they are going to remember what happened this year and will not bother with STEAM?

Although you have given good reasons for not bringing the release date forward, I do think that you should consider the long term implications of this. If you want people to download via STEAM, there has to be some incentive to do this. As far as I can tell, people who preordered with STEAM have to wait longer and in some cases pay more for the game.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post, and I hope that I have expressed my thoughts clearly. It would be interesting to see if the number of people who preorder from STEAM next year is less than this year.

For those of you still waiting to receive and play the game, as the new patch comes out in two days at least you will be fully up to date when starting a new game. It would be a bit annoying starting a game then having to start over in two days when the patch comes out!

Best wishes to all.

Yes- absolutely, well said. I'm feeling pretty hacked off tbh- good for those ppl who have it now or tomorrow...but, what about us mugs who purchased through steam and other digital d/l ? If I knew before, I wouldn't have bought through steam, obviolusly. It narks me that, potentially I could go to my local shop now or in the morning and buy a copy. I use steam quite a lot and have e-mailed them. I can't imagine they would be too happy to know that some people already have a copy or can buy from stores tomorrow...good for their competitors, not good for steam. As you rightly said I will be one of those who won't be buying from steam next year. I choose to use steam, although I know its slightly higher, as I generally prefer to. But, excusing the pun, this isn't a level playing field in terms of when we can play the game. It does feel unfair...especially if you consider I pre-ordered some weeks ago and steam have had my money all this time- my neighbour could have it now or go to the shop in the morning and have before me- its not good customer service at all. :(

Nojabold: whilst I think you make some good points and I wish Digital Download versions where out already (esellerate in my mac oriented case). You need to consider the commercial side, the content delivery networks that power digital downloads take time to setup and more to the point they themselves (separate from Si/Sega) may well have contracts with providers to ensure peak demands can be met when a new game is released. It's a business and that is never as simple as pressing a button.

The postal strikes and random retailers not listening to release dates is nothing new, but ultimately I image SI/S is powerless do a fair degree to change anything at this point. Mind you, reading between the lines of Matt's postings, it suggests they are trying some stuff to maybe deal with the situation. As, however, they have to manage customer (our) expectations I wouldn't expect too much info unless it's concrete. With only a day or two to go I suspect anything they can manage will be minimal and we'll just have to be patient. I wouldn't doubt any business learns as it grows so maybe next year there will be other contingencies; who knows.

My shopto order has been processing for almost 24 hours. I don't understand why they take your money if they are not going to send it.

Same here, ordered yesterday at about 16:55 expecting dispatch yesterday.

Thought if not i'd at least get it today!!!

Have emailed ShopTo to see if they can shed any light on where my order is up to but they took payment last nigh now stuck on processing..GRR!

I ordered from ASDA last year who are ran by the same people who run Zavvi and they delivered it on the Monday when the game was released on the Friday, and this was without postal strikes.

So I'm stupid to have ordered from Zavvi now because it will probably come on Monday!

Same here, ordered yesterday at about 16:55 expecting dispatch yesterday.

Thought if not i'd at least get it today!!!

Have emailed ShopTo to see if they can shed any light on where my order is up to but they took payment last nigh now stuck on processing..GRR!

hah that is exactly identical to my situation, I ordered at the same time.

My shopto order has been processing for almost 24 hours. I don't understand why they take your money if they are not going to send it.
they will send it give it time. its not like they have taken your money and all ran off to hawaii leaving you without your game indefinately.

Don't see how you can say that's definately not what's happened? lol.

same, I've e-mailed them about it but no response yet...only been 40 minutes though.

I know i'll get it in the end but its slightly annoying they have taken our money and gave us no chance to cancel. I emailed them 3 hours ago and still no reply, so not looking good for tomorrow.

YEEEEY

My Order has arrived in Belfast from ShopTO with Next Day Delivery Well Chuffed!!!

[pic removed from quote by Ritari]

You certainly are a genius.

(Nero = genius in Finnish.)

K***s on epäoikeudenmukainen kusipää!

I know i'll get it in the end but its slightly annoying they have taken our money and gave us no chance to cancel. I emailed them 3 hours ago and still no reply, so not looking good for tomorrow.

I'll stop refreshing my inbox then. That's frustrating as I could've probably gone and picked it up in town tomorrow or friday for an extra fiver....seems we are unlucky as I've seen others who have ordered it around the same time have received theirs. Thought I'd definitely be getting it tomorrow :(

Nojabold: whilst I think you make some good points and I wish Digital Download versions where out already (esellerate in my mac oriented case). You need to consider the commercial side, the content delivery networks that power digital downloads take time to setup and more to the point they themselves (separate from Si/Sega) may well have contracts with providers to ensure peak demands can be met when a new game is released. It's a business and that is never as simple as pressing a button.

Burrator: I did say in my post that I did not claim to be an expert and understand that the world of computers is not as simple as simply pressing a button, or else those chaps at SI wouldn't need computer science degrees! I was simply making a point that as SI have been pushing players towards the use of STEAM/download, it might have been better to have given customers some incentive to use the services. The post above you from Cantopsych demonstrates what I was thinking - that people who have preordered from STEAM won't do next year on the basis of the current situation. To me it seems that rather than being given incentive to continue using STEAM, users are actually being penalised by having to wait until release day. As Cantopsych says, I'm sure STEAM will not be pleased to hear that their competitors are being able to sell the game before them, as I imagine two things happening that will affect them:

a) People who have preordered will cancel and take their money to the high street

b) People who might have downloaded on Friday/Saturday will instead do their grocery shopping tomorrow and see FM on the shel and buy it there instead.

Obviously this won't be true of everybody, but even if one person does what I have described abovethen that is lost sales for STEAM. We have people on here who have cancelled zavvi/play orders to go with Shopto as they were posting early, so it's not unrealistic to think that the same thing is happening with STEAM users.

Matt has said himself that he won't be suprised if people can buy FM in stores tomorrow, and if you believe everyone on the forum some people are buying from stores now! I would have thought that if SI wanted more people to download via steam, then having different release dates, say Tuesday for STEAM and Friday for stores would have given players that extra incentive to purchase through STEAM. As it stands I feel that people will be less inclined to purchase through STEAM next year, and that will surely damage the business model which aims to get more players playing through STEAM?

I may be wrong and please correct me if you think so, but it is my impression that SI/SEGA see STEAM as the future, and I feel that the current situation will only serve to damage their aspirations in this regard. I would be curious to hear from other forum users who have preordered from STEAM and won't be doing so next year based on what's happening now.

I'll stop refreshing my inbox then. That's frustrating as I could've probably gone and picked it up in town tomorrow or friday for an extra fiver....seems we are unlucky as I've seen others who have ordered it around the same time have received theirs. Thought I'd definitely be getting it tomorrow :(

yeh it seems there was only a few minutes between getting it on wednesday and getting it on friday. There live chat doesn't work either.

YEEEEY

My Order has arrived in Belfast from ShopTO with Next Day Delivery Well Chuffed!!!

34gxaom.jpg

They can post a parcel over water faster than they can by road. Interesting

A tad annoyed I paid for "next-day delivery" from shopto.net when it actually meant 2-3 days.

They have just lost a customer as i'll not be ordering from them for being misleading.

They can post a parcel over water faster than they can by road. Interesting

A tad annoyed I paid for "next-day delivery" from shopto.net when it actually meant 2-3 days.

They have just lost a customer as i'll not be ordering from them for being misleading.

it`s not shopto fault it`s UK Mail, i`m also still waiting on mine according to the tracking it arrived in edinburgh early this morning and i had to cancel plans to make sure i was in

still on awaiting stock pick for my zavvi no reply on the question about delivery i sent.

Lucky you! My order is still on Processing despite pre ordering on the 12th. They havent even taken my money yet!

I dont hold much hope for Friday, which is a shame as i really got into my demo save!

I orderd Fifa 10 and Fm10 yesterday both have been dispatched and at about 1:30 my mum gets the door and its UKmail signs for it comes to me to give me one package. Opne it up and its Fifa 10, ok yeh cheers but FM10 not their for some reason.

Can't see them coming back with FM10 today tbh so i'll be expecting it 2moz even though i paid for next day delivery. I'm from North Wales area aswell btw.

Lucky you! My order is still on Processing despite pre ordering on the 12th. They havent even taken my money yet!

I dont hold much hope for Friday, which is a shame as i really got into my demo save!

click the view button and you will see exactly where your order is at. and they will not take your money until its dispatched.

click the view button and you will see exactly where your order is at. and they will not take your money until its dispatched.

Ah thanks... didn't see that. Says Awaiting Stock Pick. Although it doesnt stop my fears, at least now I know im in the same boat as others!

I've just pre ordered off Steam. Got a good game on the demo and although all of you will say yeah but the full game has a large database and will have a new patch im enjoying it and im in the middle of november so should finish the 6 months pretty much on the friday morning when it will be activated on Steam. This patch is all a fuss over nothing the demo is practically flawless much better than previous years demo's and i'll just continue the demo and finish my season with Villa and then maybe start a full game with a large database and the patch next week sometime. People are way to impatient, but I can undestand. And I hope all these shopto.net and HMV customers are having fun playing the full game, lucky ones.

Went to local game asked for it

"Sorry Mate Not available till Friday"

Ah no worries saying asda are selling it now ill go there

Ohh wait here 2 secs,looks at some dude,he nods

Bunch of knob jockeys

They must get some kick out saying that

Got it anyway jus annoys me when they can jus hand it over take the money instead of acting the goat

Sad for loyal buyers of FM though that they wont release it early for the stream downloads etc

Went to local game asked for it

"Sorry Mate Not available till Friday"

Ah no worries saying asda are selling it now ill go there

Ohh wait here 2 secs,looks at some dude,he nods

Bunch of knob jockeys

They must get some kick out saying that

Got it anyway jus annoys me when they can jus hand it over take the money instead of acting the goat

Sad for loyal buyers of FM though that they wont release it early for the stream downloads etc

I tryed that on phone, will try going in tomorrow...

it`s not shopto fault it`s UK Mail, i`m also still waiting on mine according to the tracking it arrived in edinburgh early this morning and i had to cancel plans to make sure i was in

They shouldn't be advertising "next-day delivery"if it's not next-day for everyone. "Business Class Delivery" would have been more sensible and lead more people to check how long it takes.

Archived