Postal Strikes, Orders Shipping, Steam, when will I get my game - OFFICIAL

Lets try and keep this to one thread, shall we?

For clarity - there's no plan at this stage to bring the release forward. All retailers are aware of the potential for strikes and will likely have a contingency - so if you have a concern, have a chat to them directly. They should be trying to get the game to you for the 30th.

Cheers

Matt

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just thought i would make things a bit clearer for some people.

1) Thursday 4am until Friday 4am - Mail centres and network drivers strike = very limited movement of mail around the country

2) After 4am Friday mail will start to move around the country and be sorted in the mail centres. Most of this mail will reach delivery offices too late for friday delivery so will be ready for saturday delivery.

3) 4am saturday delivery staff on strike. Mail in delivery offices will now not move until monday (unless there is limited delivery by people not striking)

Remember lots of TNT, UK MAIL items are delivered by royal mail. Mainly letters but some are packets and parcels. maybe you should check with your sender and see if TNT,UKMAIL are doing the final mile delivery of your copy of FM10 (if they have stated they are sending via TNT etc.)

Of course if the strikes are called off then everything should be normal!!!!!

but could you bring it out say before friday because people wont have to wait ages for there copy of the game, thats all im saying

and im bored now, ive finally finished the best demo ive played in years

or some smug git will make a video and put it on youtube of him opening it and playing it in front of your eyes like what happened with GTA IV.

I know the shop in Elephant and Castle that did just that .... wonder if they can sort out FM2010

I can understand that its gotta be 30th even though I'm not happy with it ........ but I just know that there will be somebody on here that will have it before 30th ......that will make me angry lol

he might have the game but wont be able to activate it until the 30th anyway :thup:

no...this year won't be online activation...if you buy the game tomorrow, you'll be available to play tomorrow

Thats exactly right, I just want to get it at the same time as everyone else ..... thats why most peeps would like to see the date pushed forward

Yup, first time I have ordered from there.

I heard they are using a courier service to get around the strikes.

Is it reliable?

Okay. I'm in the same boat, haven't used them before so just have to wait and see if they are reliable or not.

Just got an email from zavvi confirming that they have no plans in place regarding postal strike and will be sending the games out when they recieve them all approx wednesday.

Same here, also they said that they have no even received it yet from distributors :( Bit of a lateshow, i'm expecting mine to arrive monday earliest

Tesco 24 hour stores, courtesy of Captain Haddock...

http://www.footballmanager.com/index...le&newsid=3575

The link ain't working, Matt

Participating Tescos

I work nights at Tesco so I'll be popping upstairs at midnight to get the staff moving...and make sure my copy of FM2010 is available. :D

Pffft...who needs the Royal Mail?

Just got an email from zavvi confirming that they have no plans in place regarding postal strike and will be sending the games out when they recieve them all approx wednesday.

Just cancelled my order with zavvi. I will try shopto.net instead since they are using a different courier service so shouldn't be affected by any postal strikes.

Archived