How good are you at FM? Rate yourself out of 5 stars.

How good are you at FM? Rate yourself out of 5 stars.  

676 members have voted

1. 1. How good are you at FM? Rate yourself out of 5 stars.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My CV in this game is much better than real life. Managed back to back promotions in France, twice in England and once in Scotland. I put myself as a 5, but only because there isn't a 4.5. ;)

I don't think I'm that good. It's just that AI's squad building is horrible (no offence SI), I can always find random quality freebies who aren't even being looked at by other teams. Freebies usually get me all the way to the top league.

I think everybody's CV in this game is better than real life bardock :D

As for the freebies part, I've noticed it myself; can normally pick up future superstars as the years go by for pennies. Will also find top quality players willing to rot in the reserves of their club as opposed to moving to your club for guaranteed 1st team football.

Anyway, enough of FM bashing, would like more votes now we've had the new game for a while :D

A confident 2* here.

Being a LLM I do of course lack some of the 'expertise' (T&TT, GP&TG :rolleyes: ) that (I suspect many of) the 4* or 5* experts have. But overall I'm convinced that I could be better if I were more of a stickler for training setups, paid more attention to clever tactical setups etc. But that's me. It's a simple game IRL, so it should be simple in FM, too :D

Put myself down as a 3 last time I saw this thread, probably have to go down to two based on FM10, played 1 game, started as Villa, 2 wins in the league, through in the Uefa, everything is fine, 5 straight league defeats, out of league cup and in goes my resignation, start off as a Championship club next.

Although I need to spend more time, I'm playing it too quickly, I.e continue, continue, continue, not really do tactics...play match while I scour the net etc..

Current ability : 3 stars, currently have a small ukranian side chasing the league one title. Expected to finish 17.

Pottential ability : 4 stars, as its my career game I will manage plenty of clubs so only time will tell

And on a side note, I did get offered the Middlesbrough job, I turned it down

Put myself down as a 3 last time I saw this thread' date=' probably have to go down to two based on FM10, played 1 game, started as Villa, 2 wins in the league, through in the Uefa, everything is fine, 5 straight league defeats, out of league cup and in goes my resignation, start off as a Championship club next.

Although I need to spend more time, I'm playing it too quickly, I.e continue, continue, continue, not really do tactics...play match while I scour the net etc..[/quote']

I think this is a common phenomenon at SI towers. They call it "Space bar play" or something like that where you just rattle off game after game and progress as quickly as possible.

I'm the mirror opposite; I like to become completely engrossed in the game and take ages to even get to the next match, let alone the next month/season.

I started as Man City a couple of days and and, barring some noodling around with the editor in between, I've only just reached my first League game of the season tonight. Have yet to play it.

Archived