How good are you at FM? Rate yourself out of 5 stars.

How good are you at FM? Rate yourself out of 5 stars.  

676 members have voted

1. 1. How good are you at FM? Rate yourself out of 5 stars.

5* mate. Only in one season ever have i not won the league since FM 05.

And no reloading and no cheating. Though it does help that 90% of my games have been with Man Utd.

However i have played 4 seasons with spurs (winning the title in 3) and also 2 with Atletico Madrid and winning both.

I played with Spurs and Atletico Madrid in FM 08 and it was ridiculously easy. Aguero was the star in both teams along with Van Der Vaart

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok i just read the criteria and i guess i don't fit the 5*. I think i had just managed in the Coca Cola Championship once with West Ham i believe in some edition of FM. However i grew bored of it. I was in march and quite comfortably securing promotion so i did not bother to complete the season.

I dont know, rate me?

I have always won the EPL with West Ham within 3 seasons in every single release of the game, but if you ask wwfan i think i'd warrant just a 1 because i dont play the game properly apparently, although never having cheated once, so i dont know?

I chose 3 but I am notoriously pessimistic.

I've only ever had serious success with Bournemouth, whom I once got to the Premiership before I lost the game to computer problems, Slovenian side Koper, whom I won the Slovenian championship and cup double with a few times and Norwegian side Skarp. I managed to get Skarp yo-yoing between the Norwegian second and third levels.

I've only ever won one major championship and that was with Koper, though I had left them for Dinamo Kiev in 09 and was on my way to the Ukrainian championship.

I do tend to pick the smaller sides and I play as realistically as I can, so that may account for some of my lack of success.

I've only ever had serious success with Bournemouth, whom I once got to the Premiership before I lost the game to computer problems, Slovenian side Koper, whom I won the Slovenian championship and cup double with a few times and Norwegian side Skarp. I managed to get Skarp yo-yoing between the Norwegian second and third levels.

I've only ever won one major championship and that was with Koper, though I had left them for Dinamo Kiev in 09 and was on my way to the Ukrainian championship.

I do tend to pick the smaller sides and I play as realistically as I can, so that may account for some of my lack of success.

That makes you a very good manager in my book :thup:

I am not sure I think a 4. I have taken a team from BSN to Prem with back to back promotions apart from one season its then took me 5 more season to win the prem for the first time. I won La Liga in only the second season with Getafe. On the flip side it took me 5 or 6 seasons to win the EPL with Sunderland which isn't that good really but after that first win I won it for the next 7 seasons. Saying this I have failed to win the EPL with Liverpool and Chelsea in the first season which is underachieving.

I bet if most of the ones who reckon they're a 5 played the LLM way, i.e. not using player search, staff search etc etc, they would be nowhere near as successful!

There is no difference between playing one unrealistic way to another - the search function if used correctly is realistic by the way. :thup:

As for the topic. I think if I was being honest I'm a 2.5, pushing it to claim to be a 3 but more often than not I am not as bad as a 2.

That makes you a very good manager in my book :thup:

Thanks!!:D

Though I must explain that the Koper game was starting as an unemployed Eastern European manager I made up; Mr Anton Nagain. I started with professional experience, too, so I'd rate my Skarp performance as better.

I really enjoyed the Koper game, though so I might try something similar again. I would like to add that, strangely enough, the Koper game became a lot less fun when I moved on to Kiev. I'd been at Koper for something like 5 seasons and I missed it there. The save sort of petered out at that point and I moved back to MMOs. I find myself wondering what caused that.

3 stars I'm guessing, have some good saves, but some not so good, Do everything myself, tactics, training, don't look to copy or read what other people do to gain success so give it a go by myself, each new team and it's new tactics, so like to make the game pretty realistic, don't always buy the same players/gems you can find.

I dont know, rate me?

I have always won the EPL with West Ham within 3 seasons in every single release of the game, but if you ask wwfan i think i'd warrant just a 1 because i dont play the game properly apparently, although never having cheated once, so i dont know?

I'll rate you 4* then mate. You'd be a 5* no problem, but you have 'issues' ;)

5 easily, too easy

If you play small teams and rate yourself 5 because you find it too easy then I'd have to congratulate you.

However, I'd be interested to know how you limit yourself, if you do. If you play as the biggest teams then the game will always be slightly easier, but that does not necessarily mean you are a 5-rated manager.

I don't want to criticise people because it is up to the sole individual as to how they play the game, but I always feel that using the added little tools that FM can give you (as opposed to the limitations imposed on real managers) is rather defeating the whole idea.

I have never found FM too easy. It can be, but that's using what I consider unrealistic add-ons.

If people rate themselves a 5, then I find I want to know more. Credit where it's due if you're winning lots regardless of how you play the game of course.

3*. TBH I know how tactics work, I just don't know how to implement them. I am quite good with semi-succesful clubs, like Napoli, Tottenham etc. Got Spurs and Napoli CL football on 09, very nearly winning the league with Napoli, although was quite inconsistent at times. I'm not utterly hopeless but my attempts with little sides have gone more than a little bit pear-shaped. Give me a decent squad, a decent budget and a patient chairman and I can get top four. 5 or so years and I'll probably win you a league title. Don't rely on me for instant success, though :D I also never go near big sides, I find it painstakingly boring to achieve success with a team that's already won the league six hundred times already.

On earlier versions like CM01/02 I could honestly give myself 5* as it was very easy to achieve success (8 years managing Sporting Lisbon I won 8 league titles, 4 ECLs and numerous minor trophies).

But on FM09 and recent years I'd probably say 4*.

5*

I do consider myself an expert on the game. I have people phoning me asking for advice for their game, and sometimes I get called over to friends houses to 'sort out' their problems.

I have success with nearly every team I ever manage.

It's not too difficult once you get to grips with the 'saving and re-loading' after losing games.

There is no difference between playing one unrealistic way to another - the search function if used correctly is realistic by the way. :thup:

Agreed. I believe LLM even permits it as long as you scout the players before you actually sign them.

1*

Always had trouble with the complex tactics system (sliders ftl), hopefully will be easier and funnier with the tactics creator.

Yes, the wizard will have you laughing so hard, it's like watching Rhod Gilbert and Bill Hicks.

Agreed. I believe LLM even permits it as long as you scout the players before you actually sign them.

Yes, the wizard will have you laughing so hard, it's like watching Rhod Gilbert and Bill Hicks.

tbf, and it may be the failing of the game you shouldn't need to scout players that appear on the list. That's what trials are for. Most clubs in lower league Scotland are more likely to take players on either loan or trial on the recommendation of the owning manager or because for the fact they're available. Not on what their scouts say - as it is usually Under 19's/freebies they sign - but lets just let everyone play the game they want to and try not to take the high ground etc.

Anyway, update to bring back on topic FM2010 is looking good as a solid 3.5 in the three games.... but I was a "4" in FM2009 demo (or it looked like I would be with the limited time) before crumbling again. Maybe I will be able to keep that rating for Fm2010 this time :D

4- Im great at this game but yet i would say if i created 5 chances more and gave them 5 less chances more id be a 5 however this is the hard bit, now on FM 09 i managed to do this but it took ages and loads of little tweaks to get there this could take a few months and this is the hardest step to do the 4-2-3-1 formation works brilliantly on both games and i had to change to make my game better as theres only so far you can go with a bog standard 4-4-2

In CM01/02 I managed AC Milan .. after 30 years I was the top club in Italy ( Most Serie A titles ) and in Europe ( Most ECL titles )

In FM07 I managed South African Kaiser Chiefs , I won 3 successive ACLs, I won the World Club Championship once against Independente and Arsenal, and went runner-up after beating Santos and losing 0-1 from Chelsea after a hard fought final.

In FM08 I managed 1860 Munich , promoted to the Bundesliga in 1 year and in another 2 years I was crowned as the Bundesliga champion.

In FM09 I managed Doncaster Rovers , promoted in the first year , had one year to get used to the premier league and avoid relegation , and in my third year I qualified to the Euro Cup, then the following year I finished third in the premier league.

I think I deserve 5

I'd say somewhere between 3 and 4. I rarely win cups or leagues, but I am able to get promoted and I've never been relegated from any division unless I take over an almost impossible situation i.e. have to win every remaining game to stand any chance of staying up.

Are you sure Dafuge? A quick search on the LLM forum for 'player search' brings up this post:

http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=3699298&postcount=28

Maybe they have changed the rules but I thought player search was banned, or at least very much frowned upon over there.

I would be laughed out of the LLM forum anyway, seeing as I'm a researcher who knows a lot of the hidden stuff (CAs, PAs, mental stats) for the Conference South and due to posting on the tactics forum with my own tactical ideas too. :rolleyes:

Regards,

C.

I would be 3 stars. I'm not the worst player, but I'm not exactly brilliant either. I hardly ever manage a team outside of Manchester United/England (the 2 teams I support), and I don't think lower league manage is for me because I'm not patient enough.

If you managed that sort of success without resorting to player search etc then I reckon you're more a 4 or even 5 :)

As for the topic. I think if I was being honest I'm a 2.5, pushing it to claim to be a 3 but more often than not I am not as bad as a 2.

There is no correct way or incorrect way of playing the game and I certainly would never push my views on others. I personally choose to play as realistically as possible because thats the way I enjoy FM. Could you please explain how the search function can be used in a realistic way?

5*

I do consider myself an expert on the game. I have people phoning me asking for advice for their game, and sometimes I get called over to friends houses to 'sort out' their problems.

I have success with nearly every team I ever manage.

It's not too difficult once you get to grips with the 'saving and re-loading' after losing games.

Hahaha! I love this post here by 108 :D:D

Archived