Is Cut Inside Broken?

this is something I agree with and I'm sure Wide play was meant to work like that - as movement/positional instruction influncing attacking width.

The truth is that I am not 100% sure what 'cutting in' does as a wide play option. But, we can be sure that players will cut in with the ball, as evidenced by the screenshots above. I also think I have seen some evidence of the wide players coming inside off the ball as well.

I disagree that 'cutting in' should hugely influence attacking width though. That's the the 'width' slider is for. And let's not forget that cutting in is something you do from a wide position. However, I do think I have seen evidence that off the ball positioning is affected by cutting in.

I wish I could upload some more screenshots but I'm having some problems with ImageShack at the moment. But if you take a look back at some of these screenshots, you'll see what I mean.

Babel and Kuyt are both positioning themselves narrowly, basically playing as two makeshift strikers off the ball, in a number of the screenshots. They are both on the inside of their fullbacks and they rarely offer the wide option, as you might expect them to do if 'hugging the line'. Compare to positioning of the fullbacks.

Regards,

C.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe there's a variable we are not considering.

The AI can set "opposite instructions-weaker foot" so that our winger is forced to move on the outside.

Just an idea uh!

edit: I've just read in another thread that the max priority in a player decision/movement is given to PPM.

So we'll have to be aware of the player (and his PPM) we're using too.

Archived