Steam Problems FAQ and Basic Crash Troubleshooting

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im having the same football manager has stopped working messages as a lot of people during match setup

i am 27 living with my girlfriend and our son so i dont get a lot of time to play fm anymore and to have these issues for the 2nd year runnin is an absolute f---in joke

think this is the end of playin fm for me now as all these problems are ****ing me and millions others right off

its a disgrace.

Any chance of a 'How to get it to stop crashing on a Mac' for dummies, kind of post?

I have OS 10.5.8, 4GB of RAM, Intel etc - yet it crashes whenever I get to a match. Is there a Mac equivalent of all the stuff posted earlier?

nope man sory :/

steam doesnt work on a mac so windows steps to solve issues are useless :S

im having the same football manager has stopped working messages as a lot of people during match setup

i am 27 living with my girlfriend and our son so i dont get a lot of time to play fm anymore and to have these issues for the 2nd year runnin is an absolute f---in joke

think this is the end of playin fm for me now as all these problems are ****ing me and millions others right off

its a disgrace.

have ou tried any the fixes on that list and even reinstalling the game

Anyone else just get stuck on connecting steam account.

Being trying to install FM10 since 8pm, it's the most complicated installation process to date. Tried the normal route and the editor wasn't there, neither was a link to the game (i.e shortcut) and there was no FM10 folder in programs -> SI -> nothing. Now I get this with steam.

Ok so it has been over 10 hours since I installed the game... The Update has finished now I think as the status on Steam is 'Download starting', but I don't know what it was downloading as it took 10 hours to download the update...

Erm... whats going on? This is just terrible and a nuisance!

Hi i have had a look around and cant find anything, I have steam and FM installed on my laptop and my PC. I began my career game on my PC and now when I log into Steam on my laptop the game is no longer there. it is still on my PC?

Am i able to continue my save games regardless of what computer I am on, or do I have to start a new game on each computer?

Thanks

I'm not finding FM10 on Steam platform. Steam works well, I can logo into it, no problems about that. But simply, there isn't FM10 or FM09 (downloaded without problems on March) on Steam and I can't buy it.

If I try to link by Sega site to Steam, a page opens showing "An error was encountered while processing your request: This item is currently unavailable in your region".

What does that mean? I'm in China at moment, I can't buy it by Steam, isn'it?

@5iver check the connection problems on faq and easy fix part also are you using eset nod32 3 ?

@zaga try erasing IE cookies , also sega could have requested steam to stop selling in China ,make a topic asking that

@TimSydney Not sure i follow but you have steam and fm installed on your pc and laptop (like i do) you cant find your save correct?

well you need to manually copy your save game to your laptop so you can continue and wen you get back home copy your save game to your pc so you can continue it there

you save is on documents ->sports interactive ->football manager 2010->games

@PatrickB there is a sticky about the patch check it

@jonahno6 ok First check the connect problems and easy fix part on the Faq

second , on steam the game is on another folder : C:\programs\Steam\Steamapps\Common\ FM2010\tools \editor

Hi, ive just bought football manager 10.I downloaded the demo and had no problems playing on it but now ive boiught the full version I cant seem to play it. I put the 25 letter code in and it says activating key with steam. Then after a little wait it says 'steam server is unavailable. your computer is either currently unable to reach the steam servers, or the service maybe temporarily disabled. please try again later'

I use a wireless router on my laptop. Any ideas at all?

This is what ive just wrote to steam, just wondering if anyone on here as had the same problem or can help, thanks

No you don't have to be online to play FM through Steam. Steam will ask you if you want to play offline when not connected and you simply click yes.

But we do have to have Steam running? I assume that to be case as even trying to launch from the shortcut in the Steam folder launches Steam. And if you try and exit Steam once the game is up and running it tells you you can't as applications are required to be closed first.

This is an irritant. On the one hand people having problems with jittery 3D are repeatedly told to make sure nothing is running in the background that isn't necessary.

On the other, in quite contradictory terms, Sega are forcing people who have legitimately paid for the game to have a process running that adds nothing to the game.

Or to have to suffer regular attempts to read from the DVD drive (and floppy disk drive as well, at least on my machine, every time you update and save any preferences which is why I uninstalled and reinstalled via Steam expecting to be able not to have it running once it was all up and running OK). Why could not the disk just have to be in the drive at game launch?

Big sigh at the contempt shown to genuine customers by large corporate organisations.

Edit. OK, maybe that's a bit harsh in this context, but other people forcing me to have irrelevent stuff running on my PC bugs the hell out of me. It's my machine, not theirs. Full stop. I stopped playing on Ladbrokes poker because of their persistent spamming of message windows onto my desktop.

---------------------------

Application Error

A serious error was encountered and the application will close. An error file has been generated in:

EMMAAYO-PC/C:/Users/rindeboy/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010/crash dumps

OK

HI

The game has launched fine for me, but when I try to start a new game, and get to the add new manager screen and try to proceed to the select club to manage screen, it crashes and displays the above message.

It has been doing it since yesterday - i've updated my directx and .net, done the verify files on steam and I created an edito xml file at the start, but de-selected it at the start of the new game, just to make sure it wasn't causing the crash - what is the problem?

The demo worked fine for me too - Can someone from SI/SEGA please help - its getting very annoying now, as i can't get past the trying to start a new game stage.

The crash dump files in my SI folders are in a format which i can't read, so don't know what it actually says (i.e. Windows doesn't recognise the program to read it with)

HELP!!!!!

But we do have to have Steam running? I assume that to be case as even trying to launch from the shortcut in the Steam folder launches Steam. And if you try and exit Steam once the game is up and running it tells you you can't as applications are required to be closed first.

This is an irritant. On the one had people having problems with jittery 3D are repeatedly told to make sure nothing is running in the background that isn't necessary.

On the other, in quite contradictory terms, Sega are forcing people who have legitimately paid for the game to have a process running that adds nothing to the game.

Or to have to suffer regular attempts to read from the DVD drive (and floppy disk drive as well, at least on my machine, every time you update and save any preferences which is why I uninstalled and reinstalled via Steam expecting to be able not to have it running once it was all up and running OK). Why could not the disk just have to be in the drive at game launch?

Big sigh at the contempt shown to genuine customers by large corporate organisations.

Edit. OK, maybe that's a bit harsh in this context, but other people forcing me to have irrelevent stuff stuff running on my PC bugs the hell out of me. It's my machine, not theirs. Full stop. I stopped playing on Ladbrokes poker because of their persistent spamming of message windows onto my desktop.

I'm 100% in agreement here.

This is the 10th version of CM/FM that I have bought. I have never pirated the game, never given the disc to someone else to use, never attempted to break any copy protection.

Last year I activated the game using one seat only and played the game on one computer. Had no problems activating the game via unilock and enjoyed not having to insert the disc when wanting to play.

As much as people on here claimed that Steam is the bees knees and they have had no problems there are equal amounts of info on the Internet that warn against using Steam - one of the main issues being security. For this reason I refuse to be forced to install a third-party programme to be able to play the game legally without the disc in the drive. I will - inconvenient as it is - play the game with disc in drive.

Application Error

A serious error was encountered and the application will close. An error file has been generated in:

EMMAAYO-PC/C:/Users/rindeboy/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010/crash dumps

OK

HI

The game has launched fine for me, but when I try to start a new game, and get to the add new manager screen and try to proceed to the select club to manage screen, it crashes and displays the above message.

It has been doing it since yesterday - i've updated my directx and .net, done the verify files on steam and I created an edito xml file at the start, but de-selected it at the start of the new game, just to make sure it wasn't causing the crash - what is the problem?

The demo worked fine for me too - Can someone from SI/SEGA please help - its getting very annoying now, as i can't get past the trying to start a new game stage.

The crash dump files in my SI folders are in a format which i can't read, so don't know what it actually says (i.e. Windows doesn't recognise the program to read it with)

HELP!!!!!

Same problem here... :-(

For all those of you not technically enough built to be able to make it work through Steam, why the hell didn't you buy a boxed copy and installed it the old-fashioned way? People are complaining about their own mistakes here.

@benni_g make sure you dont have your firewall blocking steam and you have your router ports open read the faq on the connection problems part , if you need further assistence i will help you

@malolo those crash dumps are not steam related also make sure your drivers are updated and you hava netframework 3.0 and 2.0 installed and the directx is updated

@Ken Jude,edwingray :

First this tread is for helping users with problems not discusss other issues , second you guys are going overboard , i will explain for the 40840400 time why steam needs to be on firs wen you activate with steam it start using steam's copy protection and it use's steamworks .

( achievements) so this is why steam needs to be on.

Second 20mb of ram nowadays is nothing so dont speak nonsense complaining about 20mb of ram is ridiculous.

Third if you would use your brain to think a little instead of all that conspiracy ******** you would do this.:

Steam->options->interface-> un tick the notify me about game updates dan new releaases and on same area change the steam favorite window to your games list.

steam will now open on your games list immediately instead of the store one and will not show that pop up about new games and promotions etc

hard isnt it ?:rolleyes:

@benni_g make sure you dont have your firewall blocking steam and you have your router ports open read the faq on the connection problems part , if you need further assistence i will help you

@malolo those crash dumps are not steam related also make sure your drivers are updated and you hava netframework 3.0 and 2.0 installed and the directx is updated

@Ken Jude,edwingray :

First this tread is for helping users with problems not discusss other issues , second you guys are going overboard , i will explain for the 40840400 time why steam needs to be on firs wen you activate with steam it start using steam's copy protection and it use's steamworks .

( achievements) so this is why steam needs to be on.

Second 20mb of ram nowadays is nothing so dont speak nonsense complaining about 20mb of ram is ridiculous.

Third if you would use your brain to think a little instead of all that conspiracy ******** you would do this.:

Steam->options->interface-> un tick the notify me about game updates dan new releaases and on same area change the steam favorite window to your games list.

steam will now open on your games list immediately instead of the store one and will not show that pop up about new games and promotions etc

hard isnt it ?:rolleyes:

Save your patronising comments for elsewhere please ("if you would use your brain..."). I think the points made in our two posts were quite legitimate. Many people seem to be getting well annoyed by steam and the accompanying problems, and ONE solution is not to use this application and play with the disc in the drive. I can live perfectly well without the benefits of 'achievements' being switched on and a manual installation of a patch really isn't difficult.

So, like I said, comment as much as you like, but less patronising if you please.

I'm using a mac and I downloaded using steam. Halfway through my game it told me I need to activate the game to continue playing. I've tried to activate but the serial code I use keeps on giving me the answer "corrupt serial code." Has anyone else had this issue? I got the serial code from the receipt from the order and i just copy it to try and activate. Any help would be great. Thx

I'm using a mac and I downloaded using steam. Halfway through my game it told me I need to activate the game to continue playing. I've tried to activate but the serial code I use keeps on giving me the answer "corrupt serial code." Has anyone else had this issue? I got the serial code from the receipt from the order and i just copy it to try and activate. Any help would be great. Thx

Steam on a Mac? :confused:

Have it loaded but it wont appear on screen. If I re-click the football manager icon for the 2nd time it says football manager is already running but nothing happens after this. It does not upload!! What do I do....any ideas? This is a joke!

verify game cache twice and go to your processes list and terminate fm.exe

When i try to install the game with the disk i get right to the end of the process and then i get the following message: "The installation of Football Manager 2010 is finished, but some errors occurred during the install. Please see the installation log for details."

I can then start the game but it has crashed a couple of times and i can't get the patch to install properly at all - I'm not sure where to look for help with this issue - any thoughts anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Nez

press control+alt+dell it opens task manager look for fm.exe in the process tab select it and press terminate task

Have tried everything there and still when i click for the game to begin nothing happens.

It tells me that Football Manager is running but it is not appearing on screen.

I installed the game with steam and it was alright yesterday but today after the steam updated when i run the game it asks me for a disc and i have to put the disc for the game to start.Does anybody know a solution?

did you installed the patch manually by any chance?

@ellissports what are your system specs?»

Bought original game from ASDA.

Installs fine. When running gets to loading screen then get blue screen stating Driver IRQL less or equal.

I understand this could mean a million things - checked drivers, checked conflicts. Done extensive googleing and 'fixes'.

FM 08 works fine, All other programmes work fine.

Im using Vista and nvidia GFX. Please help!

Archived