Aim_Less

Steam Problems FAQ and Basic Crash Troubleshooting

766 posts in this topic

ok another attemp reinstall the game .

use the delete local content , and download the game again .

i think some of the files are corrupted

i bought the game, installed out of box via dvd using steam. getting the football manager 2010 10.1.0f84847 has stopped working message

[quote name='Aim_Less']ok another attemp reinstall the game .

use the delete local content , and download the game again .

i think some of the files are corrupted[/QUOTE]

I'll give it a go, i hope you're not just trying to buy yourself a couple of hours though... ;)

[quote name='Henry_14']I'll give it a go, i hope you're not just trying to buy yourself a couple of hours though... ;)[/QUOTE]

Hasn't worked. I am an avid 3d gamer and fairly pc savy. My drivers are all up to date. I'm even running Vista SP2. Tried to run game in admin mode. Nothing works. The fact that this problem is happening with people that bought the dvd and activated through steam rules out file corruption during download. The fact that the error message is the same for everybody points in other direction too. So deleting files will be a waste of time and bandwidth. What else do we have left?

[quote name='Schwarz']Hasn't worked. I am an avid 3d gamer and fairly pc savy. My drivers are all up to date. I'm even running Vista SP2. Tried to run game in admin mode. Nothing works. The fact that this problem is happening with people that bought the dvd and activated through steam rules out file corruption during download. The fact that the error message is the same for everybody points in other direction too. So deleting files will be a waste of time and bandwidth. What else do we have left?[/QUOTE]

when someone who installed via disk got the same error message i decided not to reinstall as that couldnt be the problem.

MMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT (matt) where are you??

[quote name='Aim_Less']i am out of ideas guys :/

you need SI on this one[/QUOTE]

Why can't I run DXSETUP that came with FM2010, yet i can run DXSETUP that came with FM2009? What is different between the two files?
I believe the so called "first time setup" may be somehow responsible.

Had same problem with steam. Uninstalled and reinstalled game via steam and now it works fine.

I click the "add to cart" button on the main game page and nothing is happening on the screen!

What should I do?

I am having problem with it as well. It crashes every time I try to play a match.

I played the demo with no issues. =\

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64
Q9300 2.50ghz
4gb of DDR2
Crossfire 4850HD x 2

Already tried the stuff above, going to try uninstalling and reinstalling

[quote name='Aim_Less']exit steam and clean your browser cookies ( IE )[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help Aim Less, I ended up just buying it from the online store and it worked. Now installing!

Does this not seem totally ridiculous? I have never had a problem installing any software, other than the two occasions that I have used Steam for Football Manager. Had Henry_14's problem and am attempting a reinstall.

[quote name='stornyboy80']i bought the game, installed out of box via dvd using steam. getting the football manager 2010 10.1.0f84847 has stopped working message[/QUOTE]

I was getting the same message. After hours of trying, I finally fixed it by updating DirectX as per the FAQs above.

Amazing how complicated they have made it to play a video game. Really frustrating stuff.

Tried to reinstall. No go. I can't believe I fell for it again. I HATE STEAM!!!!!

I bought the game from Steam, pre loaded it (I didn't download the demo beforehand) and started getting the same "football manager 2010 10.1.0f84847 has stopped working" message as soon as I tried to launch the game. Since then I have tried "Delete local content" on Steam and reinstalled the game, I have tried "verify integrity of game cache" and I have tried updating Direct X and I am still getting the same error message!

Last year I was very annoyed that I was unable to play the game on the day it was issued because of issues with Steam, this year though I am more calm about it because, to be honest, I was expecting it.

I'm getting a problem through Steam when it trys to install. It says it can't run DirectXC on 1 64-bit version of Windows, and when I try to run the fm10.exe it says the same. I'm on Windows 7. How do you get a refund from Steam? just going to go to the damn shop and buy a copy.

I have not got the game yet and was going to install through steam,I am not sure now though reading all the problems

[quote name='FM andy']I have not got the game yet and was going to install through steam,I am not sure now though reading all the problems[/QUOTE]

Not particularly helpful I know, but I have to admit to a certain amount of schadenfreude, as I had absolutely no problems last year with the unilock system and was very disappointed that this option was removed this year.

Basically I object to having to install more software if I want to play a game without having the disc in the drive (excluding digital downloads of course) and even worse it seems that this software has to be running in the background if you want to play the game.

This just means for me that when the disc arrives I will go back to the old way of disc in drive when playing, which might possibly mean that I play the game less and therefore lose interest.

[quote name='edwingray']Not particularly helpful I know, but I have to admit to a certain amount of schadenfreude, as I had absolutely no problems last year with the unilock system and was very disappointed that this option was removed this year.

Basically I object to having to install more software if I want to play a game without having the disc in the drive (excluding digital downloads of course) and even worse it seems that this software has to be running in the background if you want to play the game.

This just means for me that when the disc arrives I will go back to the old way of disc in drive when playing, which might possibly mean that I play the game less and therefore lose interest.[/QUOTE]

I had FM 2009 last year and played through steam as well and Uniloc gave me endless problems if i am honest,There was about 30 error messages for one code and would much rather use Steams own unlocker than Uniloc,It is no that bothers me it is the FM 10 message and noone knows how to solve it as of yet so i could buy the game and then not be able to play it for a few days which seems pointless tbh

Think I solved my earlier problem with the blob rename thing, but now it simply says "game not available, please try another time"!!!

[quote name='edwingray']Not particularly helpful I know, but I have to admit to a certain amount of schadenfreude, as I had absolutely no problems last year with the unilock system and was very disappointed that this option was removed this year.

This just means for me that when the disc arrives I will go back to the old way of disc in drive when playing, which might possibly mean that I play the game less and therefore lose interest.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='anth2010']Think I solved my earlier problem with the blob rename thing, but now it simply says "game not available, please try another time"!!![/QUOTE]

It will work,I had that problem with the demo the other day just give it a while

I have two odd Steam problems:-

1. Every time I launch the game, it goes to the 'Installing DirectX' screen.
2. I'm showing version 10.0.0 when it's my understanding that the patch should have been applied and I ought to be on 10.1.0.

Anyone got any feedback on these?

Hi guys

Im getting the same 10.1.0f84847 error message as per earlier posts. I've tried the directx setup and dotnet that Aim Less quotes earlier in the thread but with no joy. As this seems to have gone quiet has someone found a solution to this problem?

I'm tempted to reinstall but worries this may cause probs and notice that it didnt work for others.

HELP!

[quote name='jpblue']Hi guys

Im getting the same 10.1.0f84847 error message as per earlier posts. I've tried the directx setup and dotnet that Aim Less quotes earlier in the thread but with no joy. As this seems to have gone quiet has someone found a solution to this problem?

I'm tempted to reinstall but worries this may cause probs and notice that it didnt work for others.

HELP![/QUOTE]

Im still getting this problem and am still waiting for a solution.

Have tried re-installing but still get the same problem

[quote name='Henry_14']Im still getting this problem and am still waiting for a solution.

Have tried re-installing but still get the same problem[/QUOTE]

thanks Henry, there seems to be a real lack of SI involvement with issues this year - I thought 09 was bad enough!

[quote name='jpblue']thanks Henry, there seems to be a real lack of SI involvement with issues this year - I thought 09 was bad enough![/QUOTE]

Ive now logged the problem through steam support, i will post any response i get.

[quote name='stornyboy80']what does this mean?

football manager 2010 10.1.0f84847 has stopped working

it won't even load[/QUOTE]

to all the guys with this problem, make sure your directx is up to date. i thought mine was and as a long shot i clicked on the link on the faq and downloaded the updates just in case and it actually worked.

Hi guys

I've downloaded the dxwebsetup.exe from Microsoft and it now works! (I'd already tried it via the Steam files on the C drive but that didn't solve it)

Good luck Henry!

I've downloaded the dxwebsetup.exe from Microsoft and it now works! (I'd already tried it via the Steam files on the C drive but that didn't solve it)

Good luck Henry![/QUOTE]

This worked for me as well. Thanks jpblue.

Good luck Henry![/QUOTE]

This worked for me too. cheers everyone!! It didnt work when updating through the steam folder, had to go to the address below:

[url]http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en[/url]

After spending my USD 40,00, downloaded the game via steam (never used this service before) only to see a nice icon in my screen that doesn´t respond to anything. I click on it, a little box appears and says that it´s preparing to launch FM2010, and that´s it. The little box closes, and nothing happens after that.

Sorry to disturb you guys with this, but I waited for a couple of hours to download and now I´m trying to rename/ uninstall a lot of programs, without any sucess at all.

Why do they have to mess about with Steam, just load it up like any other normal PC game!

Like others here I cannot load the game through Steam. I had the same problems with 2009.

I have tried all the workthroughs suggested and 2 hours after starting the install process I am still not playing.

Sega - get serious if this CRAP Steam system is on next years game I will NOT be buying it.

Allow us an online activation system like last year

Just to say a big thanks for all the guys in this page. After some frustrating attempts, just took this steps and it´s working (at least I saw the start page, didn´t try to play it because wanted to post this first).

[quote name='Aim_Less']Ok first
Download and isntall this :[url]http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=10CC340B-F857-4A14-83F5-25634C3BF043&displaylang=en[/url]

Second Download and run this [url]http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en[/url]

also this [url]http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en[/url]

tell me if it worked[/QUOTE]

Like a fool i thought i would download it through steam but my steam it out of date. goes to steam updater but nothing downloads.

any ideas?

im having troubles aswell....i go to launch FM and a little window pops up to tell me steam needs to be updated then behind that there is a message saying steam is up to date.....i dunno what to do HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Need help, game keeps crashing as match starts to set up and I get the error message ""football manager 2010 10.1.0f84847 has stopped working" and then the game closes.

It only crashes when I try to start to play the match and I have installed the latest directX download, latest java, verified the game cach files, installed the .NET updates and I am using windows 7 so there is no compatible driver updates that I can install.

Any ideas to help?

@Neil619 Restart Steam

@sabasaba no bashing please and explain whats your problem

@marcus talamasca Verify Game cache do it at least twice

Same problem as RobT in that the self updater is freezing at certain stages and shows no signs of resuming. Have tried restarting but freezes again.

To the guys stuck updating

First ty this

Restart Steam

Second

If the issue persists, exit Steam, rename your ClientRegistry.blob, and restart Steam. The ClientRegistry.blob can be found in your Steam installation directory. c:\program files\steam by default.

Third
If the issue still persists, you may have issues with your local Steam files. You may refresh these files without deleting your game files. Please follow this process to refresh your Steam files:
1-Exit Steam
2-Navigate to your Steam installation directory. (c:\program files\steam\ by default.)
3-Delete everything in that directory [B]EXCEPT[/B] the following:
steam.exe
steamapps directory (All of Steam's game files are kept here.)
4-Restart Steam

wonder why the fack my posts disappear

[quote name='sabasaba']Like others here I cannot load the game through Steam. I had the same problems with 2009.

I have tried all the workthroughs suggested and 2 hours after starting the install process I am still not playing.

Sega - get serious if this CRAP Steam system is on next years game I will NOT be buying it.

Allow us an online activation system like last year[/QUOTE]

Agree completely. Just want to install and play like the old versions, not too much to ask is it!

I'm trying to open steam but it's telling me steam is already open when it's not and i can't carry on the installation. I tried to install steam before but if froze so i uninstalled steam and re installed it and now i have this problem.

[quote name='Aim_Less']To the guys stuck updating

First ty this

Restart Steam

Second

If the issue persists, exit Steam, rename your ClientRegistry.blob, and restart Steam. The ClientRegistry.blob can be found in your Steam installation directory. c:\program files\steam by default.

Third
If the issue still persists, you may have issues with your local Steam files. You may refresh these files without deleting your game files. Please follow this process to refresh your Steam files:
1-Exit Steam
2-Navigate to your Steam installation directory. (c:\program files\steam\ by default.)
3-Delete everything in that directory [B]EXCEPT[/B] the following:
steam.exe
steamapps directory (All of Steam's game files are kept here.)
4-Restart Steam

wonder why the fack my posts disappear[/QUOTE]

Well thats just f*cked everything up it seems, its asking me to install and put in some sort of dick that I don't have just now.

it doesn't ask to install it asks you your login info

don't be an idiot

it doesn't ask to install it asks you your login info

don't be an idiot

@Jackrosiemaisie try deleting the client registry.blob file on steam folder and start steam again