FM 10: Official Celtic Thread - Taking Back The Title

southsidecelt

:D just won my first CL on 10.3 in 2014

Can't remember anybody doing it on 10.3 with Celtic in the SPL, so another record with my name on :D

will post screens later

were does it tell you the records??

ive beaten your goals in a season ;)

ill post in a while

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interest in playing with Celtic probably dropped because of the season, how you doing Larsson?

I started a new game with Celtic, hoping to keep this going through the summer.

Aim is to win with youth, goal is to have an all-Scottish squad after three transfer windows, so really just the one season.

Will post up transfers soon, probably going to be a lot of them.

I'm good mate how you keeping? Considering starting with the Celts again but can't make ma mind up.

Interesting that so many managers have stayed with the clubs peta.

I'm currently trying to create a tactic based on playing a creative player 'in the hole'.

Watching the WC and it's been really successful if you look at the players playing there:

Sneidjer - Probably Holland's best player.

Forlan - Been running the games for Uraguay

Ozil - My player of the tournament so far.

Howdy gentleman, hows tricks?

To Answer the last post, it is possible, you just end up paying over the odds for them! or just wait till there contracts expiring!, alot dont want to come though.

Ive not played fm in a long time due to other commitments, so ahll stick to just trying to keep up with the thread atm!

Oh and btw 8 mil for McGeady, whats the thoughts chaps?

Brought in mario ticinovic in my 1st season and after taking british citzenship and constantly being overlooked by croatia, Gordon Strachen finally gave him his 1st scotland cap. Was soooo proud lol :D

scotsmario.jpg

Hey, not posted in here in a while, Just started my first celtic game on 10.3 and just got given £25m to spend in november, is this the norm?

I've had that had to me a couple of times quite randomly. Managed to then go on and sign Pato in the first season in January....if only it was real life!!

How are you guys feeling about using the new look squad when an update comes out? Probably not an SI endorsed update mind, probably something similar to the Wallys update possibly.

With dips in revenue this eyar we probably won't be getting a massive budget like we have been spoiled by in recent editions but it looks likle we will have a large and well-rounded squad. David James possibly coming but the no1 shirt looks like an area which will need righting asap.

and my fm2010 love affair with the celts ends :( got offered the Arsenal job and after nearly 9 seasons and countless trophy's(including a euro cup win and 8 in row SPL titles) am off to pastures new and have taken the majority of my backroom staff with me. Also just bought 4 players(2 former celtic players and 2 current) with me that i know well :D Well keep posting updates on how my sucsesor is doing in his new role of the manager of the grestest team on earth lol :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! Have been trying to copy the Lisbon Lions in terms of play (to manage to win the CL with all Scottish players is not going to happen in the first season)

And would like for some of you to test it to see if it needs changes to get closer to the way the team played. Think that I got it pretty close, but would like some assistant to get it more the style of play that they did

Boruc, Maloney and McGeady is the only first team players left, with O'Dea, Fortune and Missun on the fringe of the team. The rest doesn't have the attributes I'm looking for in the team

Put the team up in the 442 with wingers (AMR/AML), a box to box central midfielder + a playmaking midfielder, two attacking full backs, a ball playing DC and a limitited DC playing a little bit further back to sweep up. Up front a poacher and an advanced forward

In my first season I've decided to put in "the corner cheat" to help the team win some more matches, but have plans to remove it when I get more players that are suited to play the style of football I want to practice (so please look away from that point when looking at the style of play). Any hint of how the Lions did their corners would be a help (if there was a pattern)

Made it into the group stages of the CL, but were drawn with Chelsea, Inter and BATE, in the battle for 3th place and Europa League, Boruc decided to get sent off against BATE with 25 minutes left of the game while we were 1-0 up away from home with all substitutions done, so had to put a striker in goal, so the game were lost 2-1 and so were the 3th place (drew the first game with them 1-1 at Celtic Park)

Got to the final in the League Cup but lost 3-4 to Dun Utd :nono: (hate playing them) after having been 2-0 up at an early stages

Just won the league on April 4th. with 32 matches played, 19 points down to the huns in 2nd position, scored 107 goals in the league only conceding 20

in the semis of the cup against Motherwell

please try and help create the way the Lions played

http://www.filefront.com/17256049/Lisbon Lions.tac

• 4 weeks later...
Evening gents, decided to start a game with Celtic on the original patch, £8.5m to spend, recommended signings? And what tactics do you think would serve me best?

4-4-2

Boruc GK

Hinkel RB FB auto

Fox Lb FB auto

Caldwell Central defender Defend

NEW CB.

Brown B2B

Crosas DLP

Mcgeady AMR Advanced playmaker

Maloney AML Inside Forward

Fortuné CF Deep lying

NEW STRIKER

Sell

Mcdonald

Loovens/Mcmanus keep the other for backup

Keep the rest for backup imo

Its quite hard to remember the team at the start of last season though considering we've sold the players and then sold their replacements :)

Tar pal, anyway I brought in Otamendi to partner Caldwell at the back, Milevskyi (sp) to play upfront and a couple of other decent yougster in Sergey Krivets and Tinga. Sold off alot of the dead wood, easily have the best squad in the SPL. Should definitely win the league anyway.

In the Champions League qualifiers I got Sparta Prague, hammered them 8-2 on aggregate but then next I got Lyon and given the difference in quality between the two teams I was always going to struggle, we put up a brave fight though. Lost the first leg at their place 3-2, and the 2nd leg at Celtic Park ended in a 3-3 draw, so 6-5 defeat on aggregate. Disappointed to have missed out on the Champions League revenue, and the amount of games to play in the Europa League isn't great either.

Domestically it has been a steady start, first game against Aberdeen at Pittodire ended in a 1-1 draw, we were 1-0 up through Milevskyi but blew it with 3 minutes to go, we then trounced someone (I forgot sorry) 4-0 at home though, so I am relatively happy with the start, especially as Rangers have struggled a little bit. They unconvincingly beat Falkirk 1-0 at home in the opening game, and then lost to Hearts.

Well a very successful start I must admit. After taking 4 points from my first 2 games, we went to Easter Road and dismantled Hibs 3-0, beat Dundee United 2-0 at home, then in the first Europa League game of the season we trounced Voskva 6-0 (the other 2 teams in the group are Panithinaikos and Fulham). After that we continued our winning streak in the SPL, beating Hearts 4-2, I was worried during that game though to be fair, we were 3-0 up and then conceded two very poor goals, only for Gary Caldwell to power in our 4th to put the game beyond doubt.

We then played host to Livingston the League Cup, I rang the changes and we were 5-0 up at half-time, thats how it stayed in the second half. A set-back with an away draw at St Mirren followed that result though, we were very poor and only snatched a point with a late equaliser from Samaras. The second Europa League game then loomed with a trip to Craven Cottage, a poor defensive display ensured the game was effectively over at half-time with Fulham 2 goals to the good, we rallied a little in the second period though and managed to claw one back through Fortuné, the 2 games we have coming up against Panithinaikos will decide whether we progress from the group or not, Voskva are very poor and Fulham definitely have the quality to finish top of our little league, so its between us and the Greek club for the last slot I think.

To the first Old Firm derby of the season then at Ibrox, Rangers had started the season somewhat poorly but had improved somewhat in recent games handing out trouncings to Aberdeen and St Mirren, but a fantastic display saw us 2-0 up at half-time with 2 goals from Scott McDonald. We contained our rivals in the second half before Sergey Krivets popped up with 2 goals very late in the game to secure a fantastic 4-0 win.

Next up against Motherwell 2 goals in the first 10 minutes from Milveskyi and Fortuné got us the 3 points and we look oncourse for the title:

1 - Celtic - P8 - W6 - D2 - L0 - PTS 20

2 - Dundee - P8 - W4 - D4 - L1 - PTS 15

3 - Rangers - P8 - W5 - D0 - L3 - PTS 15

Played 10 or so more games:

SPL

Celtic 2-0 Motherwell

Hamilton 0-2 Celtic

Celtic 2-0 Kilmarnock

Falkirk 0-2 Celtic

Dundee Utd 1-1 Celtic

Celtic 4-0 St Mirren

Celtic 4-1 Aberdeen

6 wins from 7 Premier League games has propelled me 8 points clear of second placed Rangers in the title race, still a long way to go so I won't count my chickens but its an extremely healthy position to be in as we approach the half way mark.

League Cup

Progress to the semi-final's of this competition was secured with a 1-0 win over Rangers at Parkhead, Fortuné with the goal in the first half, really should win this competition, but a difficult game at Pittodrie awaits me.

Europa League

Celtic 3-1 Panathinaikos

Vorskla 1-2 Celtic

Celtic 5-0 Fulham

Qualification from our group as league leaders has been assured with 3 straight wins after the defeat I suffered at Craven Cottage, the Panathinaikos game was very important but a good performance ensured we took the 3 points. The win over Fulham was fantastic, Artem Milevskyi netting a hat-trick, got a good chance of maybe progressing far in this competition although I doubt I will win it, Rangers finished 3rd in their Champions League group so we could meet in European competition perhaps?

In other news, the board increased my transfer budget to £7m so I took full advantage of it with 2 new additions, first Iker Muniain will arrive in January from Athletic Club for a fee of £925k, and then next Summer Dodo will come in at left-back, two very good young players and I am pleased to add them to the squad. Samaras has been offered out to clubs and it seems Bordeaux want him so will get atleast £2.5m for him, I don't really rate him anyway.

SPL

Motherwell 1-5 Celtic

Hearts 2-1 Celtic

Celtic 2-0 Hamilton

Celtic 2-0 Kilmarnock

Celtic 0-0 Rangers

Hamilton 1-2 Celtic

Celtic 0-1 Hibs

Celtic 3-0 Hearts

Aberdeen 0-3 Celtic

Celtic 2-0 Dundee Utd

We're going steadily along, couple of bad results against the Edinburgh clubs, especially the home loss against Hibs. Rangers have gone 3 months unbeaten and as a result my lead at the top of the league which once stood at 8 points has been slashed to 4. I was hoping to beat them at Parkhead but a 0-0 draw was a fair result.

Scottish Cup

Motherwell 1-1 Celtic

Celtic 5-3 Motherwell (replay)

Celtic 6-0 Forfar

Scottish League Cup

The final against Aberdeen would have been pretty thrilling for the neutral I think, we took an early 2 goal lead, Aberdeen pulled one back. We then had Barry Robson sent off in the second half, the extra man advantage told as the Dons pulled another goal back and then in the 3rd minute of injury time they grabbed an equaliser. Extra time wasn't really full of incident, but we managed to win through 4-2 on penalties in the end for my first piece of silverware as Celtic manager.

Europa League

We finished top of our group with a 2-2 draw at Panathinaikos and were drawn against Dinamo Kiev in the first knock-out round. The first leg was in Ukraine and we romped to a 4-0 win in a fantastic performance, I haven't played the second leg yet but it seems we are assured a place in the second knock-out round unless there is a disaster of epic proportions at Parkhead.

I'd just like to put in a good word for Mark Antoine Fortuné who has scored 35 goals in 32 games, phenomenal form.

Top of the table

Celtic - P26 - W20 - D4 - L2 - PTS 64

Rangers - P26 - W19 -D3 - L4 - PTS 60

Hey lads. Started a new game as Celtic the other day, as I haven't played an SPL game yet this year. Just coming to the end of August now, and I've won every game so far, including a home and away tie with Stuttgart.

Ins: Jorge Pulido, Alex Smithies, Anthony Annan, Tinga, Romelu Lukaku, Jonathan Cristaldo, Lacina Traore, Javier Garrido, James Rodriguez, Nicoloas Otamendi, Yannick Djalo and Daniel Opare. Total - £28m(pretty much all over 48 months)

Outs: Naill McGinn, Mark Brown, Darren O'Dea, Marc Crosas, Paul Caddis, Andreas Hinkel, Giorgos Samaras, Paul McGowan, Dominic Cervi, Zheng Zhi, Mark Wilson, Declan Bunting, Lee Naylor. Total - £12.5m

My formation is pretty much a 4-2-4, or a 4-4-2 but with wingers instead or rm and lm.

Team looks a bit like this:

GK: Boruc, Smithies

RB: Opare, Rogne

LB: Garrido, Misun

CB: Otamendi, Pulido

CB: Loovens, Hooiveld

CM(def): Annan, Tinga

CM(att): Brown, Rodriguez

RW: McGeady, Maloney

LW: Maloney, McGeady, Rodriguez

ST: Keane, Djalo, Cristaldo

ST Lukaku, Traore, Fortune

Top of the league after two games, scored 13 and conceded one. Champions League Group is Milan, Real Madrid, Me and Wolfburg(so I'm effed basically).

So now to the main point I came here. Can someone recommend me a CB, a CM(att) and another RW, preferably all home gown, but doesn't matter if they are not. I have £5m transfer budget so That will stretch if I do it over 48 months.

Thanks.

At CB if you can nick Danny Wilson from Rangers mate you won't be sorry, Javier Pastoré at CAM and Alex Witsel on the RW should see you sorted. There are alot of good young midfielders out there, your scouts should help you out. :)

On my game I have got Celtic to the Europa League final! We beat Dinamo Kiev, hammered HSV 6-1 on agg in the 2nd knock-out round. Beat Standard Liege 4-1 on agg in the quarter-finals and then against our toughest opponents yet in the shape of Genoa, managed to come through 4-2 on agg! I have Arsenal in the final though, so I just hope we avoid a hammering. Very proud of the players efforts to get this far.

The title has been wrapped up with 3 games to go, it was decided with a 4-1 thumping of Hibs at Easter Road, Barry Robson scoring a hat-trick of screamers, Rangers could only draw so the title is back on the green side of Glasgow.

Lost in the Scottish Cup semi-finals to Dundee Utd to end any hope of doing a quadruple though.

Will get some screenshots up after I play my last few games.

finaltable1.jpg

europafinal.jpg

Absolutely devastated at the final, we were so close but just fell apart in the last 5 minutes.

Anyway, been given a £14m transfer budget for season 2, any recommendations?

Celtic Park is getting expanded to have a capacity of 75,000 aswell, what a monster. :)

Celtic Park has just finished being expanded, 2 signings in the Summer, Rafael Van der Vaart for £6.5m and Simon Kjaer from Palermo has also been brought in. We have a very strong looking defence now which should prove to be the springboard for winning the league.

Qualification from the Champions League Group stages looks to be secured aswell with 3 wins and 1 draw from my opening 4 games. It was a tough group aswell, Sevilla, Leverkusen and Feyenoord the teams who provided the oppo.

Right Bhoys i havent been about for a while due to working commitments and holidays, got some free time now, so Ill wait until the demo comes out before i give it a trial run!!

Id like to extend my congrats to seanydude on getting the celtic thread for fm 2011, im hoping to get another team thread, but will be active enough in our thread!

Archived