Do you want to be able to give yourself a nickname?

Do you want to be able to give yourself a nickname?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to be able to give yourself a nickname?

• Yes - I used this feature regularly
    • No - I don't want this feature to be available
    • Not bothered - I rarely/never used it anyway

So the minority have to be pandered to then? Like i have said earlier in the thread (over 2 days ago in fact), it actually doesnt bother me if it is or isnt in the game as i never have/never will use it. Im just going off what the poll is suggesting most were saying at that particular time (pay attention jammy).

Of course not, but when there is a third of people '(at this moment i may add)' who want it reintroduced, and no obvious reason for people hating the option of it, it seems a bit strange that it would be taken out.

If you can give two good reasons why this option should have been taken out, assuming there were no technical problems with it, then I'll happily give in.

So the minority have to be pandered to then?

You crack me up. 'Pandered to'? It's pretty much the smallest little option in the whole game. :D

By the way, the 'minority' at the time of writing is around 30%, which although totally meaningless really, is actually quite a large proportion of the voters.

I should also add that my CAMRAD thread was set up for a minority taste, and you were pretty quick to jump on that bandwagon. :p

I can't understand why you're making a fuss about something you've just said you don't even use? How can it possibly have any significance to you?

I like you baker.simon. You're a funny man, although I'm not sure if it is intentional or not. ;)

Kind regards,

C.

You crack me up. 'Pandered to'? It's pretty much the smallest little option in the whole game.

By the way, the 'minority' at the time of writing is around 30%, which although totally meaningless really, is actually quite a large proportion of the voters.

I should also add that my CAMRAD thread was set up for a minority taste, and you were pretty quick to jump on that bandwagon.

I can't understand why you're making a fuss about something you've just said you don't even use? How can it possibly have any significance to you?

I like you baker.simon. You're a funny man, although I'm not sure if it is intentional or not. ;)

Kind regards,

C.

Dont get me wrong, as i have said ive never used use the option, and as such is doesnt really bother me if it is there or not personally. I guess it just a matter of opinion really, some like it, some dont, most arent fussed but surely there must be a reason its been removed? I mean, as you say crouchy, it is possibly one of the smallest little features in the game so i cant see SI having to take it out to sort something else out if you know what i mean? Perhaps after all this there may be a reasonable explanation as to why its been left out? Although i cant think of one, but im also not a programmer or anything :)

Oh and btw, i am intentionally funny ;) My mum says so, she also says im pretty and special :D

Judging by the poll and if that poll closed tonight most would not miss nickname option.

The great thing about democracy is that you can debate and vote and this has backed me up so far in my previous post the nickname option was pointless.

Any chance of a reply to my post above?

By the way, to DanGLiverpool, Djemba-djemba, foggy21, OugaBagga, Ramos, Sparky_07 and USbzh, why do you not want this option in the game?

Which post? 51?

I kind of answered it in 53. I cant really think of any reasons tbh.

The great thing about democracy is that you can debate and vote and this has backed me up so far in my previous post the nickname option was pointless.

How has it 'backed you up'?

I had no idea that was how a poll works. Apparently, everybody who votes is wrong unless they vote with the majority. And all of the other options that come in second or third, well, they're just pointless. :rolleyes:

Where do people like you come from? :confused:

For something to be pointless, it must be senseless and have no meaning. The nickname option has a clear objective, which it achieves, and many of us feel that it is a purpose which is worthwhile and useful. Therefore, by definition, it cannot be pointless because it has a point!

If there is one thing I cannot stand on this forum, it is idiots coming in and posting up ridiculous nonsense masquerading as the truth. :mad: Is it just that they cannot read and understand other points of view? I just don't get it but it drives me crazy and it happens all too often. At least the ignore button is only a couple of clicks away. :D

Regards,

C.

How has it 'backed you up'?

I had no idea that was how a poll works. Apparently, everybody who votes is wrong unless they vote with the majority. And all of the other options that come in second or third, well, they're just pointless.

Where do people like you come from?

For something to be pointless, it must be senseless and have no meaning. The nickname option has a clear objective, which it achieves, and many of us feel that it is a purpose which is worthwhile and useful. Therefore, by definition, it cannot be pointless because it has a point!

If there is one thing I cannot stand on this forum, it is idiots coming in and posting up ridiculous nonsense masquerading as the truth. :mad: Is it just that they cannot read and understand other points of view? I just don't get it but it drives me crazy and it happens all too often. At least the ignore button is only a couple of clicks away. :D

Regards,

C.

Please dont ignore me :(:D

Hrm, that's annoying. Seems like a pretty harmless feature to take out. I'm not very keen on going back to naming my manager "Sc ab" seeing how neither name makes much sense to be referred to as. I'm not sure exactly what to use now as giving my real name would be way too inconvenient; I seriously can't be bothered to manually edit every single screenshot I'll post daily in dafuge's challenge and elsewhere. I ended up with hundreds of them last year...

I'd still like to hear from one of DanGLiverpool, Djemba-djemba, foggy21, grep, keeper tom, nev147, Nickos, OugaBagga, projoe, Ramos, Sparky_07, Stampler, SWaRFeGa or USbzh, the people who don't want this option in the game.

If any of them could explain, and in all seriousness I am interested, I would be very pleased to read :)

If this was a feature then they should keep it as there is no harm in it. I never noticed it or would be bothered with it now. However i am still peethed that you cant be a manager unless you are 30 or 35 orw/e it is. Why give me the option of putting 1985 in my birth year if it then disregards it? Also there is nothing saying a 25 year old couldnt be a football manager so why not allow this? You have allowed women to be in the game so why not younger ages? as i think the latter is far more likely to happen in real life.

Archived