Stancu out, Who in?

Crayons

Thinking of selling Bogdan Stancu in the second second season (8.0.2), Barcelona among other clubs have shown intrest but Stancu isn't as great as he once was on previous versions.

How much should I look to sell him for and who should be his replacement? Preferably English talent, thinking of Vaughan.

I'm QPR in the Prem btw.

British Strikers:

Andy Carroll - very strong in the air and a good player

Kyle Lafferty - like Carrol

James Vaughn - good player, can playon the floor or challenge in the air

Frazier Campbell - quick

Kris Boyd - not as good on the game as he is in real life.

Stop bloody arguing for stupid reasons people. The guy wants some ENGLISH talent so recommend that to him or else dont bother posting. Frazza Pee, stop taking it personally fgs!

Anyway Crayons, if you want English, try James Vaughan like people recommended. He's in my Arsenal team atm and doing great.

- If West Ham somehow went down, you can try to get Dean Ashton off them. Absolute beast he is.

- Billy Sharp is another one you could go for. Will definitely come to you (unless he's moved that is).

- Peter Crouch is a surprisingly good player. But doubt he'll come to you.

- Andy Johnson is another one but again, will probably not be interested.

- Jermaine Defoe. Might be interested. If Pompey went down, then definitely.

- Matt Derbyshire is also pretty good. Might come too if you give him first team football.

- You can also try to loan in players like Scott Sinclair, Rhys Murphy or Frazier Campbell.

Originally posted by adamj11:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jack Edwards:

English is the better out of british isles.

Eh are they really,

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any response jack Edwards?

i don't think it really needs one tbh

we could do a poll to see who everyone thinks is the best in the british isles

but i feel the result may be slightly one-sided

this little arugement all started because you couldn't just accept that he wants english talent, even though he is an english team

just drop it please icon_biggrin.gif

why arguee who is the better football team irl i'm scottish and its easy to see that england have the best players in their national team by a mile. if ur not english u shud just be happy that they have underperformed for years and years now like us scots have overperformed. you can easily win the world cup and euros with england. terry ferdinand lampard gerrerd ronney are amoung the best players in the game an thts to name but a few.

anyway...if hes qpr he'll want english players for their hg status as like ericCOYB says

Because he's an english team maybe?

a scottish player is just as foriegn as a player from paraguay tbh.

which will be true. sell stancu 10mil+ is a minuim. i think hulk suggeted the best options. deofoe is an fm favorite of mine also have a look at daniel sturidge and danny haynes

Originally posted by EricCOYB:

Because he's an english team maybe?

a scottish player is just as foriegn as a player from paraguay tbh.

Not really to be honest, does someone from Paraguay have a British passport or sing the British national anthem (which for non sporting events is God Save the Queen for all of Britain) or speak English?

Originally posted by adamj11:

I didn't you're scottish lad Frazza Pee did and then I just got annoyed when someone said England are better despite all evidence pointing to the contary.

A fluke result is an absolutely terrible argument. And if you're honestly arguing we're better than England with that as your "evidence" then frankly you don't even deserve your posts read. England have easily the best talent pool in the Isles.

Originally posted by G-Man11:

Not really to be honest, does someone from Paraguay have a British passport or sing the British national anthem (which for non sporting events is God Save the Queen for all of Britain) or speak English?

FIFA don't care. All of the British Isles are seperate stats in their jurisdiction, see ManU dropping Schmeichal to be able to play Giggs back when the quotas existed, and the fact that players raised in seperate British countries don't count towards the homegrown rule. Scotland is foreign.

That out of the way, Hulk gave most of the good ones but don't discount Ishmael Miller, Alan Smith (performs better than you'd think) and the Daves (Kitson/Nugent, both fairly decent players who play pretty well when they get consistent).

Originally posted by Arathonas:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by adamj11:

I didn't you're scottish lad Frazza Pee did and then I just got annoyed when someone said England are better despite all evidence pointing to the contary.

A fluke result is an absolutely terrible argument. And if you're honestly arguing we're better than England with that as your "evidence" then frankly you don't even deserve your posts read. England have easily the best talent pool in the Isles.

Originally posted by G-Man11:

FIFA don't care. All of the British Isles are seperate stats in their jurisdiction, see ManU dropping Schmeichal to be able to play Giggs back when the quotas existed, and the fact that players raised in seperate British countries don't count towards the homegrown rule. Scotland is foreign.

That out of the way, Hulk gave most of the good ones but don't discount Ishmael Miller, Alan Smith (performs better than you'd think) and the Daves (Kitson/Nugent, both fairly decent players who play pretty well when they get consistent). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well lets see we were closer to qualifying for the Euros in a much tougher group, we beat Spain and drew with Sweden away and beat them at home, we have the record goal scorer in Euro qualifying history.

Oh and we beat you.

Oh and a team isn't considereed good by who is in it but by how they play, obviously England has the best player pool in the Britain it also has 30 times the population of NI and still couldn't beat them in their most recent encounter.

This has been blown out of all proportion. I'm sorry, as much as i like scotland, i have to admit that England are probably the better team.

For God's sake Adamj11 you cannot possibley keep reffering to one result. I'll tell you what, you keep putting that up and we'll bring 1966 into this icon_smile.gif when did Scotland win it last??

anyway, pointless arguments aside, Danny Haynes would be a good option.

Originally posted by Frazza Pee:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'll tell you what, you keep putting that up and we'll bring 1966 into

Then Scotland beat you right after that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But it doesn't matter, because we performed when it mattered.

Look, neither of us qualified for the euro 2008 competition, so we're both S**t.

England have the better team, but since it's filled with players that think they are too big for the country, they don't achieve as much. Capello is trying to show these players no one is now guarenteed a place in the squad by introducing players such as Lewis. Scotland on the other hand, don't have players as good as England, but play with their hearts on their sleeves, wearing the shirt with pride. It is a team, unlike England. Capello is changing this, and soon, if he does his job correctly, the will be a much biger difference in results the national teams give.

Originally posted by Reading's Revolving, Ranting, Ricochet:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frazza Pee:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'll tell you what, you keep putting that up and we'll bring 1966 into

Look, neither of us qualified for the euro 2008 competition, so we're both S**t. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Na its just england thats sh*t considering the group you were in and our group.

Originally posted by michael91:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Reading's Revolving, Ranting, Ricochet:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frazza Pee:

Look, neither of us qualified for the euro 2008 competition, so we're both S**t. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Na its just england thats sh*t considering the group you were in and our group. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well, in 20 years time, pewople aren't gonna look back and think "oh, england didn't qualify, they're crap. Scotland didn't qualify, they're much better"

I won't take much part in that discussion, since i´m brazilian and have nothing to do with that. All I can say is that I´m pretty sure England has the best players and should definetely be at the Euro, but i have to say i honestly think english players are absurdly overrated sometimes. England lacks a good striker to partner Rooney, since Owen's fitness is unreliable, and Defoe, Crouch etc. are not and will never be world class strikers. I also think that some players, mainly Frank Lampard, are slightly overrated by the world press and tend do disappear in some important matches. But that´s just my opinion.

I´m sorry to say that, but i cannot stand watching a full Scottish League match, for me it looks like a bunch of ppl running around while the ball bounces from one side to the other until someone heads it in.

As for the striker, get Billy Sharp. He is cheap and scored loads for any team, at any level in all games i had him.

I´m sorry to say that, but i cannot stand watching a full Scottish League match, for me it looks like a bunch of ppl running around while the ball bounces from one side to the other until someone heads it in.
Yes thats how Celtic/McGeady plays isn't it.

Originally posted by pedrobrazil:

I won't take much part in that discussion, since i´m brazilian and have nothing to do with that. All I can say is that I´m pretty sure England has the best players and should definetely be at the Euro, but i have to say i honestly think english players are absurdly overrated sometimes. England lacks a good striker to partner Rooney, since Owen's fitness is unreliable, and Defoe, Crouch etc. are not and will never be world class strikers. I also think that some players, mainly Frank Lampard, are slightly overrated by the world press and tend do disappear in some important matches. But that´s just my opinion.

As for the striker, get Billy Sharp. He is cheap and scored loads for any team, at any level in all games i had him.

Agree with you 100% there. England have better players, and should be in Euro 2008, but we had one BIG problem in Steve McMuppet. To be fair though, Scotland did better than us in Qualifiers, but what does it matter? We both did not qualify. And as pedrobrazil pointed out, loads of english players are overated. (Lampard, Rooney, etcicon_smile.gif

And i'm english!

Anyways, i also think Billy Sharp is a great player to get.

billy sharp

england cant play like a team and lack passion in some players. as for scotland there ok considering their league isnt as attractive as the premier league but the atmosphere is gd there though. they did well at teh euros - better than england but england are miles.mile.miles better

Whats the whole point in this bloody argument. The guy wanted an English player for a team based in England....whats wrong with that?? And who cares who is better or who has a better league... sick of seeing people starting arguments on here.

"Healthy Discussion" or not, this is not the place to have it. Make a topic in a different forum if you must, but not in a topic in which a person asked for help, and only recieved a few relevant replies.

I think Billy Sharp should be one of your main targets, it all depends on how much you can get for Stancu.

I agree its completely off topic...but together with my point o view i gave him some advice...

BTW, in my Leeds save i have both Stancu and Sharp. Despite being a fan favourite and all, in my game Stancu gets 18 to 23 goals a season, while Sharp consistently delivers 30+. I think you´re better of with sharp than you are with stancu, the first being a lethal goalscorer, while the latter a skillful all around forward.

Archived