Sports Interactive Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Orangekennyy

Tottenham Hotspur: Team Guide

spurs.png

Spurs, Lilywhites

White Hart Lane

Transfer Budget: £6m - £8.5m

Wage Budget: £975k p/w - £1.1m p/w

The Squad

Goalkeepers

Spurs have two top class goalkeepers in Gomes and Cudicini. I opted to start Gomes as he is younger and look to have a future at the club. You may look to sell Cudicini as he is getting on a bit at 35 years old and look for a younger replacement.

Screenshots: Carlo Cudicini | Gomes

Defenders

I'll start with the right back position, you have Kyle Naughton, Alan Hutton and Vedran Corluka. I went for Hutton as he's older and his more experienced but keep Naughton as he looks to have a promising future. For me, Corluka doesn't cut it as a right back due to his lack of pace which is crucial if you intend for the full backs to attack as well as defend.

In the left back position there's Bassong, Bale and Assou-Ekotto. 3 Very good full backs so this will be a tough choice. I would go for Bale or Assou-Ekotto and then play Bassong in a more central role.

Moving in to the middle there's King, Dawson, Woodgate and again Corluka and Bassong. I would definitely go for Bassong and King, both have really good all round defensive stats and are both good in the air. Try to sell Woodgate as he's almost in his 30's and very rarely fit.

Screenshots: Kyle Naughton | Alan Hutton | Vedran Corluka | Benoit Assou-Ekotto | Gareth Bale | Sebastien Bassong | Jonathan Woodgate | Michael Dawson | Ledley King

Midfielders

On the right of midfield there's Lennon and Bentley, both young and have been capped several times for England. For me, Lennon just tops Bentley as Bentley isn't the quickest and has poor dribbling for a winger.

Out on the left we have Modric and Kranjcar, I would definitely go for Modric because he has to be in the team somewhere and I don't think that he has the strength to be a leading Premiership center midfielder.

Moving into the middle there's Huddlestone, Palacios, Jenas. Personally I don't rate Jenas so would look to sell him and replace him with an attacking midfielder, if you set your expectations to title challenge you would have £8.5M so look to spend some of here. So you have Huddlestone and Palacios as starters here.

Screenshots: Aaron Lennon | David Bentley | Luka Modric | Niko Kranjcar | Tom Huddlestone | Wilson Palacios | Jermaine Jenas

Strikers

To start with I would look to sell Pavlyuchenko, unless you'll play him that is, I won't play him and he will upset the teams morale if not played also it would save you £50k per week if you sell him. Then you have Defoe, Keane and Crouch. 3 top strikers, 3 totally different strikers. Keane would probably start the majority of games as he is a great all-round striker then look to bring in Crouch or Defoe depending on the oppositions defence.

Screenshots: Robbie Keane | Peter Crouch | Jermain Defoe | Roman Pavlyuchenko

Starting XI

Gomes

Hutton - King - Bassong - Assou-Ekotto

Lennon - Huddlestone - Palacios - Modric

Keane - Defoe/Crouch

I'm pretty sure somebody has already made one.

Also the yellow is hard to read.

There is another one here already made.

:) But still, except the yellow.. Its a good OP.