• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I prefer 2D

Helps the imagination :D dots:cool:

In other news, Lisandro finished the season like this

vo8v0j.png

I won the league by 15 points

The Europa league with a 3-1 win over roma after dispensing of arsenal 6-1 on agg:eek:

and the cup where the final comes middle to end season(think its coupe delaligue) but im not 100% sure and i was knocked out the other one (french i think) by bordeaux

Crazy, £23 million for undersoil heating?! And it will take 5 months to complete?!

Meanwhile, Lille's undersoil heating will cost £2 million and take "a short while" to complete.

Yeah thats with your stadium upgrade though Joe surely?

Alrite so finished the season strongly enough with the domestic treble, and went out of the CL at the semis by the boot of prettyboy!!!

League standings ended up with me winning 32 drawn 5 lost 1 Scored 100 conceeded 17 Points 101

Only changes im looking to make next season is bring in a rb to either back gassama up or become 1st choice ( even though hes pretty ace the now ) And possibly Gourcuff, still undecided on that matter - some of the squad will be sold, and purely because some of them didnt play, you will think theyve been sold for Under Value price ie probably Gonalons, he has a disciplinery problem for me though!!

I dont know whether to go for Corchia or not, because in the last patch he got injured so much for me its unreal!! I ended up selling him on

Crazy, £23 million for undersoil heating?! And it will take 5 months to complete?!

Meanwhile, Lille's undersoil heating will cost £2 million and take "a short while" to complete.

Quality always costs money. ;)

only the cool people do

This :thup: 2D ftw!

Alrite so finished the season strongly enough with the domestic treble, and went out of the CL at the semis by the boot of prettyboy!!!

League standings ended up with me winning 32 drawn 5 lost 1 Scored 100 conceeded 17 Points 101

Only changes im looking to make next season is bring in a rb to either back gassama up or become 1st choice ( even though hes pretty ace the now ) And possibly Gourcuff, still undecided on that matter - some of the squad will be sold, and purely because some of them didnt play, you will think theyve been sold for Under Value price ie probably Gonalons, he has a disciplinery problem for me though!!

I dont know whether to go for Corchia or not, because in the last patch he got injured so much for me its unreal!! I ended up selling him on

Congrats with your season, shame about Europe. :(

only the cool people do :cool:

2D is the only way to go. :thup:

Won the 1st silverware of this save, beating Havre 1-0 in the CDL final. Pjanic ran the show and grabbed the goal.

Man U beat us in the 1st KO round of CL 3-1 on aggregate, the boys put up a good show, but Utds midfield and defence made sure that Lisandro and Pjanic had their 2 worst games of the season. Oh well, theres always next year.

With only 8 league games left and us 10 pts clear of OM the title is ours to lose and my thoughts are turning to next season already. Jovetic signing will allow me to switch formation next year to a 4-2-3-1 with the 3 being AMC's. This will mean some casualties, Govou and Bastos being top of the list. Real decided against £15m for Govou and pulled out of the deal, I should have taken the £10m because he hasn't scored since then and has generally been rubbish (I know Hopey, you told me so). Bastos seems to struggle in big games and without wingers I'll have no room for him.

Cris is also guaranteed to be out due to his utter incompetence, his last 8 appearances he's averaging 5.5 and cost so many points. Lovren and Bodmer are a good partnership but a world class CB will be coming in the summer. Not sure who yet.

Anyway I've got a league title to win.

Anyone got any recommendations for a quality young RB to back up/ gradually replace Reveillere>

EDIT:

just been offered 60m by real and man citeh for Chiellini

I have Fazio And Sakho already

Sell ? i think so

Azplicueta? Have you sold Gassama? van der Wiel from Ajax?

Sell, sell, sell. Too good to refuse in my book with those 2 in your squad.

End of Season 2012/13 Review

Ligue 1

The league season was pretty much a walk in the park, only failed to score 3 times (2 of those times against Bordeaux for some reason), and kept 26 clean sheets, only conceding 2 goals in a match on 2 occasions.

ligue1.png

Domestic Cups

Won all three with relative ease, not really much to say here tbh, except that for the CdlL final I played my second team and still trashed them haha.

domesticcups.png

Champions League

I'm quite proud of my route to the final tbh, some good victories in there, including a 4-0 second leg win over Inter, a 5-2 win over Man City and a 2-0 over Genoa. The final was a bit of a letdown, but we managed to scrape the victory without really looking like conceding.

ecld.png

Personal Awards

Ligue 1 awards:

Top Goalscorer - Marco Ruben - 21 (USBCO)

Most Assists - Alexis Sanchez - 12 (OL)

Highest Avg. Rating - Aly Cissokho (OL)

Most MOTM - Lacina Traore (Valenciennes)

Goalkeeper of the Season - Hugo Lloris (OL)

Star Goalkeeper - Hugo Lloris (OL)

Manager of the Season - Joe Warne (OL)

Most Promising Player - Sofiane Feghouli (Le Mans)

Players' Player - Yoann Gourcuff (OL)

Star of the Competition - Miralem Pjanic (OL)

Stars Team of the Competition - Hugo Lloris, Cesar Azpilicueta, Federico Fazio, Aly Cissokho, Alexis Sanchez, Miralem Pjanic, Yoann Gourcuff, Lisandro Lopez.

XI of the Season - same as above.

Champions League awards:

Golden Boot - Robert Acquafresca - 8 (Genoa)

Best Player - Yoann Gourcuff (OL)

Dream Team - Cesar Azpilicueta, Federico Fazio, Alexis Sanchez, Moussa Sissoko, Sandro, Yoann Gourcuff.

Squad

2z9i3cp.jpg

My players of the season:

1. Miralem Pjanic (again). I just can't get enough of this guy, he turns up at all the right moments, and the team just doesn't play well without him in the side. Probably the only player I'm actually reliant on, as everyone else in the squad has someone who could fill in.

2. Yoann Gourcuff. Terrific season from Gourcuff, where he played every game at left wing as an inside forward, cutting it so many times to curl shots and crosses towards the far post. Also the team top goalscorer and equal second top assister.

3. Federico Fazio. Despite a mid-season concern with his motivation, he remained focussed all season, and his brilliance ensured that I didn't miss Sakho too much when he was out with injury. The epitome of consistency.

4. Alexis Sanchez. The third part of my brutal attacking midfield trio, just look at his dribbles per game! Equal with Gourcuff on assists, with plenty of goals as well, at times Alexis looks unplayable, but sometimes he fades from the game.

5. Aly Cissokho. Another excellent season from my left back, as I used him in a more attacking role to act as a left winger when going forward. In spite of this, he remained solid defensively, on top of providing the stimulus for many attacks.

Plans for the Future

I think I'll only play one more season at Lyon, then I'll see whether I can either find a club that's fallen upon hard times, or just start again, probably as Portsmouth.

Squad-wise, I'm not really planning on changing a thing. I'll sell a couple of reserve players maybe, but I can't see myself bringing anyone in.

Btw I'm going on a hockey tour to Spain tomorrow morning, and pretour tonight, so I won't be on or playing FM for a week.

My second season we're going well on all fronts. 4 points clear of second place in Ligue 1 with 3 games in hand :cool: Hammered Villa 4-0 in the Euro Super cup, Beat Estudiantes (sp) 3-1 in the World Club Chamionship. Qualified from my group in the ECL with 2 games to go.

Lisandro is doing well 16 goals and 6 assists in 19 games, Agueros doing brilliantly too while Lukaku is doing ok. Chamakh is tripe so will be leaving in Jan (Lucky he was free) and Dzeko will be his replacement. Lovren is a rock at the back while Wilson, Toprak and Jorgensen are doing well too.

Real Madrid have bid £11M for Cisso. (Told them to **** off). I'm in December btw and only lost 1 game in all comps, which was to Atletico Madrid (played a bunch of kids as I was already qualified)

Season 1 Summary

Ligue 1

Sealed the title officially with 3 games to go. Trialled next seasons formation for those 3 games and won them all, scoring 7 goals.

ligue10910.jpg

Domestic Cups

French Cup : out Round 9 to Lille.

CDL: Beat Havre 1-0 in the Final.

Champions League

Lost to Man Utd 3-1 agg 1st Knock Out round

These were my transfers for the year:

olxfers0910.png

Team stats :

olympiquelystats0910.jpg

Awards

Player of the season: Lisandro Lopez

Ligue 1 Star: Miralem Pjanic

Most Promising Player: Hugo Lloris

Ligue 1 Top Scorer: Lisandro Lopez - 24 goals

Ligue 1 Top Assists: Pjanic - 19 goals

Stars XI: Bodmer; Pjanic; Kallstrom; Lopez and Lloris and Lovren on the bench.

A good first season with more to come.

Pjanic was clearly the driving force of my team and as Joe mentioned the team is not the same when he's missing.

What can more can you say about Lisandro Lopez? Goal machine.

Aly Cissokho was my unsung hero, just got the job done.

Extra special mentions to Lloris (how he wasn't shortlisted for GK of the Year, I'll never know) and Lovren. Lovren made a 1st team slot his own with some excellent performances.

The formation change to a narrow 4-2-3-1 and my desire to conquer Europe means that money will be spent as well as made with some major squad changes.

Mexes and Gourcuff are top of my shopping list!

Cris and Govou are both on their way leaving me searching for a new captaincy team. Toulalan, Bodmer, Lloris are all possibles.

Will only be playing french players on my save, this includes players that have french as second nat. :)

The only foreign players that I have will be the ones that are in my team at the start.

So I shouldn't have sold Govou. Dammit.

Will only be playing french players on my save, this includes players that have french as second nat. :)

The only foreign players that I have will be the ones that are in my team at the start.

Good luck with that :thup: Should be alright, there's enough quality French players out there.

I got them both!!!!: Mexes and Gourcuff are at the Gerland! :D

Mexes cost £37.5m (£5m upfront) plus Cris (considering I'd offered him out for £10k and no one wanted him thats good for me).

Gourcuff arrived for £21.5m (£8m upfront). Was going to be a £15m plus Bastos deal but GdB pulled out because they had too many non EU players.

With Fulham relegated they offered out Hangeland for £4.8m, as a solid back up that was too good to refuse. Also in is Oscar Ustari (£5.25m release clause) from Getafe. He's kind of my default back up keeper, had him in a few saves and he is a good reserve keeper, will allow me to rotate Lloris in the domestic cups with a bit more confidence than Vercoutre offered me.

This is how the squads looking now:

GK: Lloris/Ustari

DR: Reveillere/Clerc

DL: Cissokho/Rakitskyi

DC(ball playing defender): Mexes/Bodmer

DC: Lovren/Hangeland

MC (bwm): Toulalan/M. Diarra/Gonalons

MC (centre mid/support): Kallstrom/Makoun/Gonalons

AMCr (attacking mid/attack):Gourcuff/Barnetta(retraining at AMC)

AMC (advanced PM/support): Pjanic/Verratti

AMCl (inside forward/attack): Jovetic/Ederson

ST (complete forward/attack): Lisandro/Tafer/Belfodil

Gassama, Mehamha and Grenier are all on loan at Championship Burnley, Seguin may join them.

EDIT: went with Toulalan as my captain, with Reveillere as VC. Was tempted to go with Mexes as skipper but I've held off for now.

Played my 1st 2 competitive games, dispatched ASSE in the FCT 4-1 and Lens at the Gerland in Ligue 1 5-1 (the one being a pen given away by Hangeland after Mexes was injured in training by Diarra).

So far so good. :thup:

Well Lloris is out for 5-7 weeks after breaking his arm in training, so I'm on the hunt for a new keeper (Would rather have my senile grandmother in goal than Vercoutre :D) So which of these seems the best deal

Smithies - Villa - £14.25M

Akinfeev - CSKA - £26.5M

Assmann - Independiente - £11.25M

Begovic - Stoke - £13.5M

If anyone can recomend a good keeper at a better price I'll be greatful.

EDIT: Just noticed that Neuer is transfer listed for £6.25M

Champions League group stage gives me a chance for revenge on Man U, also going to have to face Fenerbache and PAOK, should be ok. Given odds of 14-1 to win the CL, Man U and Barca are 5-1 favourites. Lets see if I can't upset the odds!

End of Season 2012/13 Review

Ligue 1

The league season was pretty much a walk in the park, only failed to score 3 times (2 of those times against Bordeaux for some reason), and kept 26 clean sheets, only conceding 2 goals in a match on 2 occasions.

Domestic Cups

Won all three with relative ease, not really much to say here tbh, except that for the CdlL final I played my second team and still trashed them haha.

Champions League

I'm quite proud of my route to the final tbh, some good victories in there, including a 4-0 second leg win over Inter, a 5-2 win over Man City and a 2-0 over Genoa. The final was a bit of a letdown, but we managed to scrape the victory without really looking like conceding.

Personal Awards

Ligue 1 awards:

Top Goalscorer - Marco Ruben - 21 (USBCO)

Most Assists - Alexis Sanchez - 12 (OL)

Highest Avg. Rating - Aly Cissokho (OL)

Most MOTM - Lacina Traore (Valenciennes)

Goalkeeper of the Season - Hugo Lloris (OL)

Star Goalkeeper - Hugo Lloris (OL)

Manager of the Season - Joe Warne (OL)

Most Promising Player - Sofiane Feghouli (Le Mans)

Players' Player - Yoann Gourcuff (OL)

Star of the Competition - Miralem Pjanic (OL)

Stars Team of the Competition - Hugo Lloris, Cesar Azpilicueta, Federico Fazio, Aly Cissokho, Alexis Sanchez, Miralem Pjanic, Yoann Gourcuff, Lisandro Lopez.

XI of the Season - same as above.

Champions League awards:

Golden Boot - Robert Acquafresca - 8 (Genoa)

Best Player - Yoann Gourcuff (OL)

Dream Team - Cesar Azpilicueta, Federico Fazio, Alexis Sanchez, Moussa Sissoko, Sandro, Yoann Gourcuff.

Squad

My players of the season:

1. Miralem Pjanic (again). I just can't get enough of this guy, he turns up at all the right moments, and the team just doesn't play well without him in the side. Probably the only player I'm actually reliant on, as everyone else in the squad has someone who could fill in.

2. Yoann Gourcuff. Terrific season from Gourcuff, where he played every game at left wing as an inside forward, cutting it so many times to curl shots and crosses towards the far post. Also the team top goalscorer and equal second top assister.

3. Federico Fazio. Despite a mid-season concern with his motivation, he remained focussed all season, and his brilliance ensured that I didn't miss Sakho too much when he was out with injury. The epitome of consistency.

4. Alexis Sanchez. The third part of my brutal attacking midfield trio, just look at his dribbles per game! Equal with Gourcuff on assists, with plenty of goals as well, at times Alexis looks unplayable, but sometimes he fades from the game.

5. Aly Cissokho. Another excellent season from my left back, as I used him in a more attacking role to act as a left winger when going forward. In spite of this, he remained solid defensively, on top of providing the stimulus for many attacks.

Plans for the Future

I think I'll only play one more season at Lyon, then I'll see whether I can either find a club that's fallen upon hard times, or just start again, probably as Portsmouth.

Squad-wise, I'm not really planning on changing a thing. I'll sell a couple of reserve players maybe, but I can't see myself bringing anyone in.

Btw I'm going on a hockey tour to Spain tomorrow morning, and pretour tonight, so I won't be on or playing FM for a week.

Congrats with your season, got an easy final game in the Champions League though. ;) Good luck with your hockey tour. :thup:

Season 1 Summary

Ligue 1

Sealed the title officially with 3 games to go. Trialled next seasons formation for those 3 games and won them all, scoring 7 goals.

Domestic Cups

French Cup : out Round 9 to Lille.

CDL: Beat Havre 1-0 in the Final.

Champions League

Lost to Man Utd 3-1 agg 1st Knock Out round

These were my transfers for the year:

Team stats :

Awards

Player of the season: Lisandro Lopez

Ligue 1 Star: Miralem Pjanic

Most Promising Player: Hugo Lloris

Ligue 1 Top Scorer: Lisandro Lopez - 24 goals

Ligue 1 Top Assists: Pjanic - 19 goals

Stars XI: Bodmer; Pjanic; Kallstrom; Lopez and Lloris and Lovren on the bench.

A good first season with more to come.

Pjanic was clearly the driving force of my team and as Joe mentioned the team is not the same when he's missing.

What can more can you say about Lisandro Lopez? Goal machine.

Aly Cissokho was my unsung hero, just got the job done.

Extra special mentions to Lloris (how he wasn't shortlisted for GK of the Year, I'll never know) and Lovren. Lovren made a 1st team slot his own with some excellent performances.

The formation change to a narrow 4-2-3-1 and my desire to conquer Europe means that money will be spent as well as made with some major squad changes.

Mexes and Gourcuff are top of my shopping list!

Cris and Govou are both on their way leaving me searching for a new captaincy team. Toulalan, Bodmer, Lloris are all possibles.

Congrats with your season, shame about Europe!

Will only be playing french players on my save, this includes players that have french as second nat.

No, you really did the best thing in selling him!

Looks like I'm on my way out in Europe againt Chelsea, was all going ok at 0-0 midway through the 1st half of the 1st leg at home, marginally on top but not many chances, then Mikel breaks Lisandro's ankle (he's out for the season) and that fool Toulalan gets himself sent off again and we end going down 2-1. He's had enough chances and that was his last one, Gonalons can take his place.

Looks like I'm on my way out in Europe againt Chelsea, was all going ok at 0-0 midway through the 1st half of the 1st leg at home, marginally on top but not many chances, then Mikel breaks Lisandro's ankle (he's out for the season) and that fool Toulalan gets himself sent off again and we end going down 2-1. He's had enough chances and that was his last one, Gonalons can take his place.

Toulalan is my new captain, I hope he doesn't turn into captain red card. How do you play him?

Going to be tough turning that around without Lisandro but good luck :thup:

my new adventure has started like this:

Le Mans - OL 0-3 (Lopez 2)

OL - Valenciennes 4-0 (Lopez 2)

Sparta Prague - OL 2-3

Auxerre - Lyon 0-2 (Lopez 1)

Lyon - Sparta 2-0 (Lopez 2)

But... I've been given really challenge in CL group stage: Barca, OL, Besiktas and Wolfsburg. How will I do, how do you feel? :D

my new adventure has started like this:

Le Mans - OL 0-3 (Lopez 2)

OL - Valenciennes 4-0 (Lopez 2)

Sparta Prague - OL 2-3

Auxerre - Lyon 0-2 (Lopez 1)

Lyon - Sparta 2-0 (Lopez 2)

But... I've been given really challenge in CL group stage: Barca, OL, Besiktas and Wolfsburg. How will I do, how do you feel? :D

Wolfsburg and Besiktas will be tough, but it looks like Lisandro is on fire so I think you'll do ok :thup:

I know I'm not the only one to ask this, but what is up with Raymond Domenech?! He just won't pick Clerc, no matter what. Reveillere has only played 150 mins football all season and is just returning from injury is in the French squad, Clerc who has been as good if not better than Reveillere for the 15 months I've been in charge has not once been picked. He's averaging 7.5 in Ligue 1 this year?!!

Horror of horrors. Lisandro out for 3 months with a fractured skull, thanks to Marco Veratti in training. Signed Gignac for £15m, forgetting that I'd already signed Sanogo as my joker. Gignac arrives in January, by which point Lisandro should be on his way back. Lacazette has actually stepped up with Tafer fumbling his chance to sign. Lisandro played as we beat Man U 4-1 at the Gerland :D The first game he missed we drew 1-1 away to Lille (a real bogey team) but then smashed ASSE 5-2 at home.

£21m for one of the best AMs in the game? 2nd season? From a rival club? I'm happy.

There was me thinking I'd get slated for spending that much on Mexes :D

He has a release clause of 17.5 million :D
Pretty sure the release clause is hidden.

Indeed.

I'd take Neuer at that. Good deal.

Yes.

No, you really did the best thing in selling him!

Yep but can't get Feghouli he already injured. Mollo plays better at AML. :(

Payet, Paquet, Castaignos, N'zogbia, Saivet, Remy, Obraniak or Sessegnon (will be expensive the last one)

Can't offer any more than this but I'll have a think/look.

Any of you ever tried or know anyone who has used a 4-6-0. With Lisandro out and Lacazette trying hard but not being brilliant I'm seriously considering dropping the ST back to AMC as a TQ. Any advice or links much appreciated. I've asked in T&T.

I've seen a tactic like that, forgot if it did any good though.

Much help eh. :D

Post of the day :thup:

Anyway, Lacazette can keep his place for now, his pace (along Pjanics passing) has just helped us to a 2-1 win at Old Trafford! That'll learn 'em for beating us last year!

Archived