Sports Interactive Community
Lisandro Lopez

FM10 Official Olympique Lyonnais Thread - Allez L'OL

I had alot of injuries in the 1st season, which made it topsy turvey, already after 9 games, im halway to last seasons goal tally lol!

So its only me, jack, purefun, HoPeY, footie94 that have started on 10.3?

What season are we all in gents?

I'm on 10.3, September 1st season. Loving it so far.

Ishak Belfodil and Mohamed Agnaou make their debuts for France. Maybe this Domenech guy has some sense y'know...

Starting lineup:

Lloris

Gassama Mexes Agnaou Evra

Sissoko Bodmer©

Ribery Nasri Gourcuff

D. Le Tallec

Benzema, Gonalons, Toulalan and Sakho all missed out through injury. Cissokho, Tafer, Belfodil, Sagna, Squillaci and Chantome all come off the bench.

Can't complain about that team at all tbh.

Just noticed that there are amatuer clubs from old French colonies/territories (Saint Martin, Tahiti, Martinique) in the early rounds of the Cup. Yet another pointless piece of information learned from FM!

As you were lads :)

I know its 2nd best to the Celtic thread ( waits for the inevitability that is HoPeY`s wrath ;) )

I couldn't play in the Semi Professional League ;)

Just noticed that there are amatuer clubs from old French colonies/territories (Saint Martin, Tahiti, Martinique) in the early rounds of the Cup. Yet another pointless piece of information learned from FM!

Haha, post of the day :thup:

Hadn't noticed that myself, bit random, I'll look out for it.

Nice away tie in Martinique. Sunshiiiiiiiine.

I've tried to tell people for years that I learn important stuff playing FM!

I am playing 4-5-1, my starting 11 is

Lloris

Revelliere Cris Lovren Cissokho

Toulalan

Kallstrom Pjanic

Govou Bastos

Lopez

I am really struggling to play well though, my striker takes too many long shots and my shots on target ratio is really poor, especially away. Also I struggle to create alot of chances. I am using the default assigned roles and mentalities. Could anyone please suggest roles and mentalities for the different positions?

Never really used Gomis, but Lisandro is great as either deep lying or complete forward on support duty I've found, and that's as a lone striker.

Yeah I thought you'd say that. I want to keep the academy boys though, if they can do a job. Tbh I think it's goodbye Kakuta - I rate Pied above him anyway, regardless of being homegrown. Mehamha I might get rid of, it would be a sad day though.

Btw, what do you think to Agnaou? Pretty special I think, and he's come through from the academy

Agnaou looks very promising, I'm going to assume he's going to be a CB long term though! I like his anticipation stat for his age.

Has anyone kept Govou? I have and hes got 2 goals, 1 assist and 1 MoM in 3 games

Why would you keep that moron!?

Just started a game with OL.

Gosh some of the wages are way too extortionate

71,000 for bastos ? he'll be gone at the end of the season

65,000 for a backup striker

48,000 for a 32 year old center half

and then govou too who i got rid of straight away tbh

only really signed luca modric for 27 million so far

may invest in a couple of ch's and shaun maloney as back up

Welcome to Lyon, good luck. Shaun Maloney!? :|

So its only me, jack, purefun, HoPeY, footie94 that have started on 10.3?

What season are we all in gents?

Er, what? :D

I know its 2nd best to the Celtic thread ( waits for the inevitability that is HoPeY`s wrath)

Instant ban to be honest, this thread > *

As you were lads

You have much to learn CPS.

Lloris

Toulalan

Kallstrom Pjanic

Govou Bastos

Lopez

I am really struggling to play well though, my striker takes too many long shots and my shots on target ratio is really poor, especially away. Also I struggle to create alot of chances. I am using the default assigned roles and mentalities. Could anyone please suggest roles and mentalities for the different positions?

Lower Lisandro's mentality and put him on deep lying forward, have him as a TM with the ball supply on run onto ball or feet. Replace Govou for a start and you will improve on the right side! Have Källström as a deep lying playmaker and put Pjanić with alot of creative freedom and a free role. Also, if you’re playing wide I would lower it by a good few notches.

Lloris

Toulalan

Kallstrom Pjanic

Govou Bastos

Lopez

Lopez is probably being stranded alone, hence taking long shots. Put him on support duty (if he's not already), then you would probably want Pjanic and at least one of the wingers on attack duty so they get up front to support Lopez. Having the full backs on automatic will mean their role changes when you switch to a different mentality, so thats a good option for them. Toulalan at DM will be best suited to a defensive role, with Kallstrom on support, along with a winger if they not on attack. Keeper on defend. CB's is up to you, I have one on cover, one on defend.

These are not definitive answers though and much depends on how your team is set up. It would help if you post the other settings you chose in the tactics creator (pressing, passing style etc.)

Lopez is probably being stranded alone, hence taking long shots. Put him on support duty (if he's not already), then you would probably want Pjanic and at least one of the wingers on attack duty so they get up front to support Lopez. Having the full backs on automatic will mean their role changes when you switch to a different mentality, so thats a good option for them. Toulalan at DM will be best suited to a defensive role, with Kallstrom on support, along with a winger if they not on attack. Keeper on support. CB's is up to you, I have one on cover, one on defend.

These are not definitive answers though and much depends on how your team is set up. It would help if you post the other settings you chose in the tactics creator (pressing, passing style etc.)

Nearly right ;)

Nearly right ;)

Really? He does ok on that? As a keeper or sweeper keeper?

I'm actually having to refine my tactic. I'm doing well but struggle against 4-4-2 teams so I'm changing my MC (Kallstrom generally) to box to box on support rather than CM attack. Will suit Makoun more if I need more strength in that role also.

Anyway just about to play my first really big Ligue match (drew 0-0 away to Bayern in CL), away to PSG, who are playing, you guessed it 4-4-2. Wish me luck.

As a sweeper keeper. Goalkeeper's only come with defend duty. I think I'm alone in this thinking though, but I just like but keepers to come rushing out personally.

Yeah I play with a box-to-box alongside Pjanic in my midfield, it seems to work well.

Is Nilmar of Villarreal any good? Also on 10.2 Belfodil was a beast as a deep lying foward, whats his best role on 10.3?

Nilmar is good, yes.

Just noticed hes lightning quick. Don't really need him with Muniain, Tafer, Lisandro and Ishak. And I'm not willing to gamble £15M + on him.

Lopez is probably being stranded alone, hence taking long shots. Put him on support duty (if he's not already), then you would probably want Pjanic and at least one of the wingers on attack duty so they get up front to support Lopez. Having the full backs on automatic will mean their role changes when you switch to a different mentality, so thats a good option for them. Toulalan at DM will be best suited to a defensive role, with Kallstrom on support, along with a winger if they not on attack. Keeper on defend. CB's is up to you, I have one on cover, one on defend.

I use all the settings on default. I don't like changing anything from the default settings and I use the TC so I do not change the players' singular mentalities. One CB on cover and one on defend makes a difference?

Also, what about the other squad players, what roles would they fit into using a 4-5-1?

Lastly, what is it better to have TM supply set to for Lisandro? To feet or run onto ball? and what about Gomis?

One more question, who should I replace Govou with? I have Sabri Sarioglu, Sebastien Blanco and Buonnanote.

Season 2 Mid-season Report

19 games gone and still unbeaten in Ligue 1 and I still don't think the team has clicked that well, at least until very recently. Drew a number of early games so the team's record is won 12, drew 7:

1. [b]LYON[/b]           43 pts 19 pld
2. Stade Rennais  35 pts 19 pld
3. Lille          34 pts 19 pld
4. Marseille      34 pts 19 pld
5. Bordeaux       29 pts 19 pld

Can't really see much challenge coming from the others now, Bordeaux are poor without Gourcuff and PSG have imploded after a good start. Through to the last 16 of the CL, but had to settle for 2nd behind Bayern Munich (spit) so have to play Chelsea now.

Best players so far have been the wide men, Gervinho & Ederson and also Michel Bastos when he's had the chance. Ederson is actually my top scorer on 9 which tells you how many injuries I've had with the strikers. Necid has done ok, when I've given him the chance and has 6 goals in only 5 starts (the only problem with him is that the whole style of play has to change to suit him as he's pretty weak technically). Gomis has only properly stepped into Lisandro's shoes in the last couple of games. Another honourable mention has to go to Källström who's consistently excellent.

Gassama had established himself as 1st choice RB but has now broke his foot and is out for 4 months & many of the other young players are on loan. Only transfer to arrive in January will be Rossi which will be welcome if these injuries persist up front. Cissokho continues to want to leave so maybe I'll have to do something about that I guess.

Btw what is Lloris' value in everyone's game? Everytime I look at his profile it seems to go up, its now at £20m.

Welcome to Lyon, good luck. Shaun Maloney!? :|

thanks mate :D

and he's damn good backup always good for a goal or 2 :D i take him everywhere

thanks mate :D

and he's damn good backup always good for a goal or 2 :D i take him everywhere

Welcome and good luck. :)

Haha so many people playing Lyon :D

:thup:

It's probably the funnest save i've had on 10.3

Ishak Belfodil and Mohamed Agnaou make their debuts for France. Maybe this Domenech guy has some sense y'know...

Starting lineup:

Lloris

Gassama Mexes Agnaou Evra

Sissoko Bodmer©

Ribery Nasri Gourcuff

D. Le Tallec

Benzema, Gonalons, Toulalan and Sakho all missed out through injury. Cissokho, Tafer, Belfodil, Sagna, Squillaci and Chantome all come off the bench.

Can't complain about that team at all tbh.

What is that idiot still doing as France boss ?!

Ended up selling Fazio, joe :thup:

Nono, that's not my team, that's the French team. I was just pointing out how many Lyon players there were :p

Fazio is still with me...right now he's the only fit defender I have that isn't a teenager :)

Great win last night :cool:

Nono, that's not my team, that's the French team. I was just pointing out how many Lyon players there were :p

Fazio is still with me...right now he's the only fit defender I have that isn't a teenager :)

Great win last night :cool:

Oh right, didn't realise it was the French team :o

Still don't see how Domenech has a job

He's somehow been doing really well, he's made it to the final of both the 2010 WC and the 2012 EC, although he's lost both finals. He's also won every single qualifying game France have played. Crazy.

He's somehow been doing really well, he's made it to the final of both the 2010 WC and the 2012 EC, although he's lost both finals. He's also won every single qualifying game France have played. Crazy.

If only he were as good irl

Lost the first knockout round first leg, 4-2 at Inter. We played so poorly, and they were really clinical with Balotelli and Eto'o up front.

Lost the first knockout round first leg, 4-2 at Inter. We played so poorly, and they were really clinical with Balotelli and Eto'o up front.

Inter :thdn: Got knocked out on penalties by them in my 1st season

That's in total contrast to how they've been in my game. Dumped out in the WC group, Domenech then got the boot with Puel coming in. First Euro qualifier they lost to Romania and then only won at home to Belarus with a last minute goal by Gomis. They're underachieving very badly.

Would just like to say, Yannis Tafer is a god!

I'm playing on 10.3 with Rangers at the moment, still in the first season, and I had loaned in Tafer as mainly back-up to Boyd and Miller, but as the season has progressed Tafer is now my main striker.

He is in sensational form at the moment, scoring 21 goals in 21 starts, along with 8 assists and a average rating of 7.23.

Making Tafer's loan deal permanent, will be the first port of call at the end of the season. :)

Why would you keep that moron!?

Because hes good in game, changed my formation so he left for madrid. I like how you described him last night :D

Agnaou looks very promising, I'm going to assume he's going to be a CB long term though! I like his anticipation stat for his age.

Instant ban to be honest, this thread > *

Agnaou :cool:

:rolleyes:

Haha, you lot couldnt though - SPL`S to hard for you to manage in :p

hahahahahaha :D

twas funny ;)

God only scored 1 goal this season :(

Lol shooost Ritchie!!!

How many games you played?

granted only 6 :D

just can;t be arsed with FM with Just Cause 2 sitting close by :(

Agnaou :cool:

:rolleyes:

You drunk already? That doesn't make sense to my eyes or in my brain. "Agnaou" :confused:

It was a comment from up above lol!

My brain isn't in gear, just read hopey's post and now I'm on the same script lol. :o

6 assists though :cool:

My scoring record aint much better 7 goals in 8 games :(

I`ll boot up fm in a minute lol - im sure its 54 or summit goals in 19 games!

Edit: 54 in 18 in the league conceeded 8 :cool: