FM10 Official Olympique Lyonnais Thread - Allez L'OL

Lisandro Lopez

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Give me the names of your strikers and midfielders and I'll make a choice for you.

Lisandro, Gomis (on loan at Barca), Pandev, Pjanic, Albín, Sanchez, Gourcuff, Rodriguez, Govou, Ederson, Kallstrom, Gonalons(looking to loan out), Toulalan, Makoun, Bodmer, Sissoko, Grenier (looking to loan out) and Mehamha (also a loan target)

As long as you loan out those three players, your squad isn't too congested.

MC: Toulalan, Makoun

MC: Sissoko, Bodmer, Kallstrom

RW: Sanchez, Govou

LW: Albin, Rodriguez

AM: Pjanic, Gourcuff, Ederson

ST: Lisandro, Pandev

If you're looking to sell, Makoun and Ederson should be the first two that go though.

So it should go something like this iyo Joe:

--------------------------------Lloris---------------------------------------

Reveillere (Need a RB)---Otamendi---------Lovren---------------Cissokho

---------------------Toulalan----------Sissoko------------------------------

Sanchez-----------------------Genius---------------------------Gourcuff

-----------------------------Lisandro (aka 300)-----------------------------

Bench

Albín

Kallstrom

Bodmer

Oblak

Pandev

Digne

So it should go something like this iyo Joe:

--------------------------------Lloris---------------------------------------

Reveillere (Need a RB)---Otamendi---------Lovren---------------Cissokho

---------------------Toulalan----------Sissoko------------------------------

Sanchez-----------------------Genius---------------------------Gourcuff

-----------------------------Lisandro (aka 300)-----------------------------

Bench

Albín

Kallstrom

Bodmer

Oblak

Pandev

Digne

Yep looks good to me. Gourcuff does perform better when he's more central, but he still exceptional for me at LW.

Also there's nothing wrong with Reveillere, I think he's underrated on these forums as he did a great job for me for two seasons.

Morning gentleman, internet decided to cut out for 2 days, so i havent been able to make my report on Season 1 ( which btw was a disaster, injuries all season, ravaged my squad, and left me with some poor results )

Will post an update in a couple of minutes!

Thought I'd just sealed a £5.7m double signing of Giuseppe Rossi & Gonzalo Rodríguez from Villarreal but Rodríguez has decided that he'd rather go to Fenerbahce for some reason unbeknownst to me. Rossi is on his way in Jan though, probably didn't really need him but the price was too good to resist I think.

Yep looks good to me. Gourcuff does perform better when he's more central, but he still exceptional for me at LW.

Also there's nothing wrong with Reveillere, I think he's underrated on these forums as he did a great job for me for two seasons.

He's still at RB, its just i completely forgot that i had Gassama as a back up so there isnt a problem there

I had Gonzalo, wasn't great for me tbh, except he was a brilliant tutor. You're better off without him :) Great deal for Rossi though.

That's good to hear, was a little skeptical as he wasn't playing for Villarreal and they kept offering him out for £1.7m. Happy with the £4m deal for Rossi though.

Alrite so season 1 was disastrous as ive mentioned above, injuries blighted my season continously, and stopped me scoring the goals i needed oh so much!

It started with drawing Fiorentina in the qualifiers of the CL, drew 1-1 at Stade de Gerland, and drew 0-0 away, meaning Europa League this season!

From there on i went a mighty 36 games unbeaten, until fate struck a cruel blow into the heart of the squad ( I lost 2-1 to Havre AC in the FC 11th round - and they incidentally went all the way to the final, which was contested by 2 Ligue 2 teams )

Next Cup to Lose was the Coupe de la Ligue, where we met Lille in the final, and we battered them all game 2-0 up until the last 2 minutes, and my team conceeded 2 cheap goals, then we lost on penalties :(

Europa League was going great until I met my Arch Enemy Genoa in the quarters, and sadly we were dispatched 3-1 on aggregate :mad:

So i won the league which was our only saving grace after 35 or 36 games, and i decided to change my formation up ever so slightly, and i scored 9 goals in the last 2 games lol!!!

Ligue 1

Transfers Season 1

As you can see i spent alot!! Chiellini and Mexes were both over 48 months with the rest paid in cash! Got toprak in as a backup for next season, as freiburg got relegated ( hence how he was so cheap ).

I will make a fair few changes again next season, but i will strive to keep my squad European ( even though i have Luciano coming in on a free, aswell as a few others )

Lots of parallels with my season there McGougan - defeat to Fiorentina in the CL qualifier, lost the Coupe de la Ligue Final, Genoa in the Euro Cup QF's (I won though, arf ;)) Did you play them in the group too because i did.

Not much faith in Cris and Boumsong then :)? That's an amazing amount you've spent on CB's. Selling Mehamha for so little makes me sad though.

Yeah shouldn't have sold Mehamha, he's great for me. Chiellini and Mexes though - what a patnership! Your net spend wasn't actually that big, considering the improvements made to the team.

I've just seen something I've never seen before. It was at the end of a scrappy 2-1 win over Lille, although we dominated, and the last commentary line of the game was:

Warne's boys never looked like losing!

I liked it anyway :)

Lots of parallels with my season there McGougan - defeat to Fiorentina in the CL qualifier, lost the Coupe de la Ligue Final, Genoa in the Euro Cup QF's (I won though, arf ;)) Did you play them in the group too because i did.

Not much faith in Cris and Boumsong then :)? That's an amazing amount you've spent on CB's. Selling Mehamha for so little makes me sad though.

Yeah shouldn't have sold Mehamha, he's great for me. Chiellini and Mexes though - what a patnership! Your net spend wasn't actually that big, considering the improvements made to the team.

I've just seen something I've never seen before. It was at the end of a scrappy 2-1 win over Lille, although we dominated, and the last commentary line of the game was:

I liked it anyway :)

Good start to the season.

OL 1-0 OM (Champion's Trophy)

Twas Alexis Sanchez with the goal and a very good performance by the lads.

@ McGoughan : If you were going to sell Mehamha, it should've been at a much higher price - especially to Real

Nah in my group i got Athletic, PAOK and Fulham!, hate Genoa lol!!

Mehamha really wasnt going to get a game, and i did offer him out for 5 mil, that was the most anyone was willing to pay!!

Ive got all 4 cb`s i want now for the moment, so it will mostly be midfield, and a change around upfront if anything you`ll see from the team this season!

I have a funny feeling next season is going to shape up well though, just a gut instinct, when i sign a few players that i want :D

Nah in my group i got Athletic, PAOK and Fulham!, hate Genoa lol!!

Mehamha really wasnt going to get a game, and i did offer him out for 5 mil, that was the most anyone was willing to pay!!

Ive got all 4 cb`s i want now for the moment, so it will mostly be midfield, and a change around upfront if anything you`ll see from the team this season!

I have a funny feeling next season is going to shape up well though, just a gut instinct, when i sign a few players that i want :D

Fair Enough :thup:

Damm you like your spending McG. :eek:

I know and you loathe me for it!!! :D ( i was going to say hate - thats such a strong word though )

I will spend a fair amount again this season, although that should hopefully, touch wood - do me for a few seasons!!!

I know and you loathe me for it!!! :D ( i was going to say hate - thats such a strong word though )

I will spend a fair amount again this season, although that should hopefully, touch wood - do me for a few seasons!!!

Im allergic to spending big money on players and very rarely splash the cash - unless I feel the player is worth it (comme Yoann and Alexis :) )

I gather Mehamha will turn out alright then? I've sent him on loan to my new feeder club, Burnley!

What of the other youngsters, there definitely seems to be some talent. The ones I'm really looking to doing good stuff are: Grenier, Gassama, Tafer (obviously),Mehamha. Any others I should focus on?

I gather Mehamha will turn out alright then? I've sent him on loan to my new feeder club, Burnley!

What of the other youngsters, there definitely seems to be some talent. The ones I'm really looking to doing good stuff are: Grenier, Gassama, Tafer (obviously),Mehamha. Any others I should focus on?

Lacazette is probably the next best prospect. Also Seguin is a promising CB, needs plenty of work to get him near the 1st team squad though.

Belfodil mate, also bring in Helan from Man City for pennies! Gonalons is good, Lovren ( im retraining to rb )

Burnley was my feeder club to ( they got relegated :( )

Lacazette is probably the next best prospect. Also Seguin is a promising CB, needs plenty of work to get him near the 1st team squad though.

Lovren will have a major role to play as a back up to Bodmer, hoping to develop him as a ball playing centreback. Belfodil can have a year in the U-19s and we'll see how he is after that. Seguin is on loan in Ligue 2, as is Lacazette. Gonalons is going to be in the 1st team squad this year as a useful back up I think. Also just sent Tafer to Burnley, hopefully my boys there can help keep them up, if not the championship is a decent level to be sending players to anyway.

Les Transfers pour le 2eme saison (Wicked French, non? :D)

Didnt bring in too many players this time round, seeing how it goes until Jan where i'll decide if i need more reinforcements. Loaned out as many youngsters as possible, Mehahma + Grenier arent wanted on loan for some reason and Tafer, Pied and Gonalons were incredibly stubborn in not wanting to go out on loan to a Ligue 2 side

End of 2009/10 Season

Transfers

Squad

I didn't offload many players and I think that benefited me during the course of the season as I had the strength in depth when there were injuries to the first team players and the back ups played well.

Fixtures and Results : http://tinypic.com/r/nofzo4/5 , http://tinypic.com/r/k9t1de/5 and http://tinypic.com/r/auch3n/5

Players, Performances and Awards

Imo, all the players were brilliant throughout the season (especially the back 5) and this saw us winning the title, the French Cup, Coupe de la Ligue and reaching the Quarter Finals of the Champions League where we were knocked out on penalties to Inter Milan.

League Table

French Cup Final

Coupe de la Ligue Final

Team of the Season

Hugo Lloris - All the lads were quality and played their part in the season but Hugo was instrumental and therefore gets my personal vote for our best player - he was vital in us winning the title in the manner that we did as he saved us from the brink on many occasions. His season duly deserved the Goalkeeper of the Season and Star Goalkeeper of the Competition.

Dejan Lovren DC/DR - Without a shadow of a doubt our best defender all season and he was a rock at the back and only conceded 12 goals in the league, and he defined the word consistency as he continually managed to pull off superb performances. At such a young age as well, my ass man insists that there is still room for improvement.

Alexis Sanchez AMR/AML - In my eyes this man has been the signing of the season and has been our best player going forward. Not only has he provided the assists but he ended up being our top goal scorer and some of his goals have been vital in our campaign and he was worth every penny spent.

Youth Prospects

Lucas Digne DL/WBL - The sixteen year old was given a cameo appearance this season and he featured on 7 occasions in all comps and he hasn't had a rating of less than 7.0 and he has played against Ligue Un opposition in 6 of the games (Twice vs Bordeaux). He has put in quality performances at such a young age and I can only think that he goes from strength to strength.

Lazzy - At the start of the season I sent him on loan so that he could play on a regular basis. He ended up going to La Berrichonne in Ligue Deux and he single handedly won the league for them, scoring 20 goals in 34 apps getting 6 MoM awards on his loan spell and averaged 7.22. Future is looking bright for Lazzy.

Top Scorer - Lacazette with 20 goals (on loan) so in the current squad it it Sanchez with 19

Top Avg Rating - Dejan Lovren 7.34

Congrats with your season. :thup:

Hi guys,

I want to start another save to rotate with my Lyon game. Any suggestions for a team that is very similar to Lyon in terms of the quality of players they have, the stature of the club as well as the youth? It can be a club from any country.

Very few clubs are of the stature of Lyon, so it would have to Barça! ;) Bad jokes aside! Roma? Fiorentina?

So I've started a Lyon save. Small thread you've got here guys Nice OP Hopey!

Just finished my friendlies and this is how I'm lining up:

Only signings are: £11m Barnetta for AMR competition for Govou; Verratti and Rits (both for pennies and for bright futures). Still looking for a LB to give Cissokho a run for his money. Any ideas?

Not 100% convinced by my CB's but I'm using Bodmer as a ball playing defender on cover and it certainly helps to play nice football so far. If Lovren turns out half as good as he did in my Spurs 10.2 save then I reckon I'll be happy at CB in the near future. Do you think I could train him to become a ball playing defender or should I concentrate on just making him defend?

Pjanic is playing as an advanced playmaker on attack. Is this his best set up? I thought about TQ but have never really got that to work for anyone on any save yet.

Ligue 1 and CL here I come!

Welcome and good luck edgar555. LB? Renan? Lovren can develop into a ball player defender. I have Pjanić as a treq.

I have this guy Amine about to sign, looks good for a 16 year old although with Tafer and Belfodil I probably don't need him, but hey - French too which helps. Surprised I haven't heard him mentioned before on these forums - scouts didn't even pick him up just happened to notice him in the French U-19 squad.

Over-rated at the moment, anyway worth signing!

Hmm interesting. I've got a number of top quality players 6 months away from the end of their contracts, but I'm not really sure I want any of them:

Darijo Srna

Marcell Jansen

Zdravko Kuzmanovic

Steven Defour

Andre Gignac

Mario Gomez

Difficult decisions to make...

Kuzmanović, Defour and Gignac.

Alrite so season 1 was disastrous as ive mentioned above, injuries blighted my season continously, and stopped me scoring the goals i needed oh so much!

It started with drawing Fiorentina in the qualifiers of the CL, drew 1-1 at Stade de Gerland, and drew 0-0 away, meaning Europa League this season!

From there on i went a mighty 36 games unbeaten, until fate struck a cruel blow into the heart of the squad ( I lost 2-1 to Havre AC in the FC 11th round - and they incidentally went all the way to the final, which was contested by 2 Ligue 2 teams )

Next Cup to Lose was the Coupe de la Ligue, where we met Lille in the final, and we battered them all game 2-0 up until the last 2 minutes, and my team conceeded 2 cheap goals, then we lost on penalties

Europa League was going great until I met my Arch Enemy Genoa in the quarters, and sadly we were dispatched 3-1 on aggregate

So i won the league which was our only saving grace after 35 or 36 games, and i decided to change my formation up ever so slightly, and i scored 9 goals in the last 2 games lol!!!

Ligue 1

Transfers Season 1

As you can see i spent alot!! Chiellini and Mexes were both over 48 months with the rest paid in cash! Got toprak in as a backup for next season, as freiburg got relegated ( hence how he was so cheap ).

I will make a fair few changes again next season, but i will strive to keep my squad European ( even though i have Luciano coming in on a free, aswell as a few others )

Unlucky McGougan33. :(

I just had a look at who my top scorers are this season, and I'm shocked at how close it is:

Lisandro - 11

Pjanic - 10

Jovetic - 10

Gourcuff - 9

Alexis - 9

That's mid-January btw.

Look whose top. :cool:

joe_the_man

Out of curiosity, how do you play Pjanic and Lisandro as Lisandro is struggling to score on my save and Pjanic seems to be scoring for fun on yours

I always use Pjanic at MC as advanced playmaker (support). Depending on who else is in the team I sometimes use him as team playmaker as well, but not usually.

How I use Lisandro basically depends on the opposition, and how well the team are playing. Against strong opposition I'll usually play him as deep lying forward (support), but I'll start him as complete forward (support or attack - whatever I decide at the time) against most opposition. Also if I find I'm having lots of possession around the opposition area I'll switch him to poacher or advanced forward so that he plays on the shoulder of the last defender more. Against teams where I'm maybe not having as much possession or if I just want to counter attack then I'll also use him as target man with ball into feet. Tbh, he's so versatile and quality that he could play most of the roles.

Is anyone else trying to keep there squad european, or under a certain age?

I've got a long-term vision of having a wholly French squad, but it's difficult to resist foreign bargains haha. I also want to have lots of Lyon academy products in the side (and I don't mean youngsters that I've bought in).

Im allergic to spending big money on players and very rarely splash the cash - unless I feel the player is worth it (comme Yoann and Alexis :) )

Same - I was very hesitant to spend £24m on Sakho, despite the fact it's an absolute bargain.

Mehamha will be a good squad player, but I don't think he'll really have the ability to be a standout first team player. Same goes for Gonalons, Seguin and Lacazette. Grenier, Gassama, Tafer and Belfodil are all potentially world class though, so you should focus on developing them.

Archived