FM10 Official Olympique Lyonnais Thread - Allez L'OL

Lisandro Lopez

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys seeing that I'm going to restart (and certainly not Hopey) on 10.3 I would like some recommandations at where to improve seeing that I don't have any experience with our great youngsters on 10.2!!

In short I'd like to play with two strikers this time around. Keep that in mind. Don't know what to do with the midfield in that case though.

Or I could play with one striker and five midfielders of course.

So who/where to buy?

Purefun

I use a 4-1-2-1-2 on 10.2 and it will be the same on 10.3

GK: Lloris - Defend

RB: Reveillere/Gassama - Full Back - Defend

LB: Cissokho - Full back - Defend

CB: Defend

CB:Cris - Defend

DM: Gonalons/Makoun - Anchor Man - Defend

RCM: Advanced Playmaker - Attack

LCM: Toulalan/Kallstrom - Ball Winning - Support

AM: Pjanic/Grenier - Advanced Playmaker - Attack

ST: Sexy/ Gomis/Ishak - Deep Lying Foward - Support (set as target man, ball to feet)

ST: Tafer/Lazzy/Gomis - Poacher - Attack

So basically if you set up as I do you need to bring in a creative midfielder (Defour/Moutinho/Witsel). A left back to back up Cissokho, and a few Centre Halves.

Hope that helps mate.

You could play a wide diamond but its not necessary as it doesnt really let the wingers expose you, your fullbacks are either defending or supporting so theyll take care of that, and your cm`s and dm will pull out break up play and chase the ball

In Regards who to keep imo - Gassama, Gonalons, Pjanic, Grenier, Ishak, Tafer, Lacazette (although im undecided on this one )

Id play with 2 upfront this time round mate :thup:

What a come back. Besiktas went 1-0 up at OL Land in the 28th min, 2-0 up in the 38th min. I start to lose hope, Sissoko makes it 2-1 with a screamer from 30 yards on 40 mins, Gourcuff made it 2-2 in the 45+1 min, then I went 3-1 up in the 45+3 thanks to Azpi. The game ended 5-2 with Lazzy and Pjanic getting the other two.

Halfway through the ECL group stages as it stands

1: Lyon - 9Pts

2: Besiktas - 3Pts

3: Spurs - 3Pts

4: PSV - 3Pts

after 3 games I'm 6pts clear.

Nice comeback batty

Cheers mate, I'm just glad I beat them, they've been a thorn in my side on other saves.

Belfodil looks awesome in that screenie batty :thup:

Yeah, he is a cracking striker. Probably my favourite young foward in game.

Ive decided to start again with Lyon, not a clue why though, maybe to kill time before the new patch. I did set myself one guideline, which was a maximum of one player signed from abroad per season. Also, this is on a custom update, with all the recent transfers done, so Lovren starts here at Lyon.

Anyway, Transfers. I started off with a double raid on Lorient for Jeremy Morel and Kevin Gameiro in a deal worth £15m overall. My third and final deal was to bring in Issiar Dia from Nancy for £5.5m. So Ive kept to my main aim so far.

I sold the usual suspects, Delgado, Anderson, Clerc and Hartock for a total of £11m

Anyway, a reasonable start to the season.

Le Mans 0-2 Lyon ; Lisandro, Lovren

Lyon 0-0 Valenciennes

Celtic 1-3 Lyon ; Bastos, Belfodil, Toulalan

Then, after this game I made 2 changes to my tactic ( a 4-4-2 wide diamond). I changed the mentality to attacking, and made the left mid a Defensive Winger.

Auxerre 1-4 Lyon ; Gameiro x2, Lisandro, Kallstrom

Lyon 3-1 Celtic ; Lisandro, Gameiro, Belfodil

So a nice change of fortunes after the tactical change.

Lineup will now be:

Goalie- Lloris

Right Back - Reveillere

Centre Backs- Bodmer and Lovren

Left Back- Cissokho, although occasionally, I'll push Aly into the Left Midfield spot and play Morel here.

Right Mid(Winger)- Govou

Defence Mid(DL Playmaker)- Toulalan

Left Mid(Defensive Winger)- Bastos, and as previously mentioned, Cissokho occasionally and sometimes Kallstrom.

Attack Mid(Trequartista)- Kallstrom or Pjanic

Strikers(Both Advanced Forward)- Lisandro and Gameiro.

On another note, Ive raided Lorient for the 3rd time, to bring in Cheick Doukoure for £1.7m will get him tutored till January, and then send him out on loan to Reading, where Tafer, Gonalons, Abenzoar and Mehamha are currently plying their trade. Lazzy is at Gueugnon and has 8 goals in 6. Grenier is at Grasshoppers and Seguin is at Istres, so I may have a tough time at the end of the season, deciding who to sell.

Also, first loss of the season, away at PSG, 1-0 to them.

Why do none of these brilliant free transfers appear in my game :(

I see people getting players like Hazard, like Pato, like Gourcuff amongst others for free, the best that's turned up in my game after two seasons is Ruben De la Red.

You'll probably get some in the 3rd or 4th season. Pato and Gourcuff were offered to me at a discounted price.

I don't know if I can wait that long haha. Tbh I don't really need the cheap deals, my squad is basically complete as it is. I just want to improve on some of the squad players a bit, and hopefully get rid of some of the less determined players.

Whats annoying me is that when I think I have found a good newgen, i always spot something wrong which cant' be put right :(

Right lads bit of a dilemma here Akinfeev is available to approach on a pre-contract agreement, but I already have Lloris, Adler and Ochoa (The latter two on frees), what to do? :confused:

Don't sign him. He's a moaner!

Whats annoying me is that when I think I have found a good newgen, i always spot something wrong which cant' be put right :(

They're never perfect but you'll have to start using them soon as the teams that rely on real players tend to fade away after 5 or 6 seasons

Ha ha ha Alain Perrin is a complete idiot. I have won the league 5 times in 5 years and he says he doubts that I can win it again. More fool him.

Realistic at least [AP being an idiot]

Guys seeing that I'm going to restart (and certainly not Hopey) on 10.3 I would like some recommandations at where to improve seeing that I don't have any experience with our great youngsters on 10.2!!

In short I'd like to play with two strikers this time around. Keep that in mind. Don't know what to do with the midfield in that case though.

Or I could play with one striker and five midfielders of course.

So who/where to buy?

Why must you pick on me? :(

Right lads bit of a dilemma here Akinfeev is available to approach on a pre-contract agreement, but I already have Lloris, Adler and Ochoa (The latter two on frees), what to do?

Shouldn't even be asking that question, you do not need. Infact you’re already over stacked with GK's.

Really annoyed now. For the first time this season I've failed to dominate a game, and have ended up losing 2-0 away to Marseille. That now means they are level on points with me :(

Confused at a message I received after the game though:

Warne tactical gamble fails

Olympique Lyonnais' fans were questioning their manager's tactics following Olympique Lyonnais' 0-2 Ligue 1 defeat against OM as their side's winning run came to an end.

Warne's decision to scrap a successful 4-1-4-1 formation and switch to a previously untested 4-4-2 proved disastrous as Olympique Lyonnais slumped to a defeat

Firstly, I've never played Lyon with either a 4-1-4-1 or a 4-4-2, and secondly, I used exactly the same tactic as the one that was "successful" in previous games. Confusing stuff.

Nope, don't use a diamond. I use a 4-3-3, or 4-5-1, or 4-1-2-2-1. Same tactic, just whatever you want to call it. Haven't varied from that all season, except in-game.

Just spotted the most amazing regen CB, his stats are absolutely perfect. Bit on the expensive side however. He's 21 already, and I'm only in March 2011 though :confused:

I feel robbed :mad:

Champions League 1st knockout round, 2nd leg vs Chelsea:

In the first leg at the Gerland, comfortably outplaying them, and in hindsight I really should've put more goals past them, finishing 1-0.

The second leg should have been more of the same, absolutely dominating them, just as in the first leg. Had 58% of possession, 12-6 in shots, 7-3 in shots on target, 3-0 in CCCs created, 78-73% in passes completed etc. The only area I didn't beat them was long shots, where they beat me 5-2.

However, they have Frank Lampard and Petr Cech on their team. Cech was a god, saving everything that was thrown at him, including (somehow) an open goal :confused: Frank Lampard, meanwhile, scored the most tremendous hat trick, with the goals coming from an average distance of 30-35 yards. Absolutely gutted to lose :(

Final score was 3-0 btw, crashing out 3-1 on aggregate. Next season, Chelsea are gonna get it...

Harsh exit in the cl mate :(

Some regens come into the game at the age of 18 though ive noticed, theres one who i went in for, again amazing cb, but his club turned down my offer, then he joined barca on a free a couple of days later :mad:

On a brighter note, raped Rangers 6-1 at ipox :D

Harsh exit in the cl mate :(

Some regens come into the game at the age of 18 though ive noticed, theres one who i went in for, again amazing cb, but his club turned down my offer, then he joined barca on a free a couple of days later :mad:

On a brighter note, raped Rangers 6-1 at ipox :D

How odd, maybe the manager is a Barca fan...

Conceding? Conceding against a Scottish team? Oh dear ;)

Their second was a cross, I missed the first. Cant remember the Dinamo ones.

Not happy now, was 1-0 up against Sochaux, but then a 79th minute Pen and an 84th minute header from a corner results in ANOTHER loss. Thats 3 in a row ffs :mad:

Shortly followed by a 1-0 defeat at the Nou Camp.

Finally, after 4 games lost in a row, I beat Nice 2-1, Lisandro with both, back on form after having a dire start. Still not top scorer though, Gameiro with 8 in 15, Lisandro with 7 in 14.

In other news, Yaya Sanogo joins for £3.1m.

Also, not been impressed with Dia at all. Might cash-in in January and bring in Valter Birsa, or maybe use my foreign buy, but keep it realistic. Maybe someone like Zambrella or Dejagah.

Archived