£70 Million David Villa

Absolutely. Also bear in mind that Villa has publicly stated he has no desire to leave.

As Chelsea I signed:

Chiellini for £25m straight cash (in July).

Cassano for £17.5m (10m up front, the rest over 12months)

Milyevski for £9m straight cash

I tried for Aguero and Villa, but like others they wanted waaaayyy too much money. So I went to other targets who I thought might want to come and whose clubs might be willing to sell.

Man City I got:

Gerrard for £47million (although he rejected the contract)

Chiellini for £21million (closer to the end of August)

Ashley Young for £22million (they REALLY didn't want to sell)

Villa for £65million (although I got cold feet and Adabayor was scoring for fun, so I pulled out of that one).

Aguero for £48million (inc some small add-ons, like goals scored, PLUS a 35% sell on clause - pulled out of that one too)

All of the above, I consider to be fair and reasonable.

Overall, it's not going to be perfect, but it's way, way better than FM09.

How did u get Villa for £65m, thats more reasonable, i can only get hime for £80m minimum in all the games i've started.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think - and I am going to test this system - that you have to think as the other club when trying to buy key players like Villa.

OK so you are Man Utd and you offer £50m, now if Villa acts like he did over last summer - where he stated he didn't want to leave - and Valencia react just how they did - they don't want to sell him, then I guess they will state a totally unreasonable offer.

If however, you can get Villa to be interested in a move to your club and want to leave Valencia, then surely they have to open talks seriously with regards to their valuation. Or in some instances maybe not (SWFC quoted burnley in excess of £3m for M.Tudgay over the summer which put them off the striker, despite Tudgay's agent stating he wanted to hold talks. Obvs then there is the example of Kaka deal accepting £100m and him turning down Man City right out.)

It happens everywhere if you think about it.

Prices are still slightly inflated but - until I have tried this method out I can't either slate or praise the transfer set up.

When did Villa say he didn't want to leave? After Valencia had stopped negotiations with Madrid and Barcelona and he knew he would be staying so he's not going to make enemies out of the Valencia supporters? His agent was none too happy how Valencia went about with both teams, which was clear from his remarks on the radio, and he works for.....

For 70 million pounds (or aprox 77 million euros) they would have happily sold him off to Madrid, and put a bowtie on him. I seem to remember they were asking in the range of € 50 million for him from us at the end, that was after they asked for a smaller amount but thought they could squeeze more out of Madrid who then chose to go for Benzema instead. The only reason talks with Barça stopped was because they went around the club to talk with the player, it wasn't because they had no intention to sell.

I can understand they would change the amount in the game, because it's 'easier' to accumulate big amounts as opposed to real life, but saying it's realistic that you can not buy Villa for 77 million euros is not true. You could most likely even have gotten Silva for that price, and he was really not for sale according to the Valencia president.

When did Villa say he didn't want to leave? After Valencia had stopped negotiations with Madrid and Barcelona and he knew he would be staying so he's not going to make enemies out of the Valencia supporters? His agent was none too happy how Valencia went about with both teams, which was clear from his remarks on the radio, and he works for.....

For 70 million pounds (or aprox 77 million euros) they would have happily sold him off to Madrid, and put a bowtie on him. I seem to remember they were asking in the range of € 50 million for him from us at the end, that was after they asked for a smaller amount but thought they could squeeze more out of Madrid who then chose to go for Benzema instead. The only reason talks with Barça stopped was because they went around the club to talk with the player, it wasn't because they had no intention to sell.

I can understand they would change the amount in the game, because it's 'easier' to accumulate big amounts as opposed to real life, but saying it's realistic that you can not buy Villa for 77 million euros is not true. You could most likely even have gotten Silva for that price, and he was really not for sale according to the Valencia president.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/article.html?David_Villa_to_snub_United_-_Transfer_Talk&in_article_id=714132&in_page_id=43

It says he doesn't want to leave Spain for England (understandable :D ) and without any quotes from the player at that.

Doesn't mean he didn't want to leave Valencia for Madrid or Barcelona, he certainly didn't say he "never said I wanted to leave Valencia" during the negotiations. This happened afterwards, when Madrid had Benzema and Barça Zlatan and his opportunity had passed.

If this was done 'realistically' in the game, then Valencia would accept the bid of 70 million pounds, only for the player to reject Manchester.

I think what people forget is that we don't know how much clubs quote in private. It is possible Barca had approached Valencia for Villa and be told that unless they bid £80m they can forget it. We just don't know about it because it is in private.

Valencia's president isn't one to be quiet ;) boasting about the transfer amounts he rejected (note they wanted 30 mil plus Negredo at one point in the negotiations, that's far from 77 million euros) and why they stopped negotations with Barça.

I was trying to buy 2 million dollars valued Ignacio Camacho from Atletico Madrid, managing Valencia F.C. I sent a scout to learn how much Atletico wants for the player and it was written it is possible for me to buy him at the price of $ 8 million. Even if I thought that it is much more than expected to pay $ 8 million for a $ 2 million player, I decided to buy him and offered $ 8 million. Atletico had already had an interest in buying Joaquin who is valued as $ 7.5 million(he used to be bought from Real Betis for $ 36 million 4 years ago) Atletico come back to me asking $10.75 million dollars + 30 % percentage of profit from next sale + Joaquin... This almost means (10.75 + 7.5 for Joaquin + 10 million dollars from the next sale) 30 million dolars for a 2 million dollar player. I can't believe that...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43646051@N07/4017687560/sizes/o/

So what is the purpose for having a displayed price at all ?

When i am transfer listing a player with displayed price 5m i wanna take 5m , no enquiries or anything, i want 5m ; when i bid a player for his displayed price i wanna proceed to contract offering screen .

Also "not for sale" = no bids, no enquiries , no anything .

dude do u even understand anything about football or transfers/transfer market :S

you can get srna for £17mil Akinfeev cost me £30mil and silva £30mil

Wernt united gonna considering a 5-10 mil move for akinfeev? 25 or so for silva?

The values are crazy, apart from this year how many footballers around the world have been sold for more than 40 mil? Figo and Zidane? Villa will be sold either in Jan or next summer for under 40 million for sure. unless Man City buy him maybe

FM transfer prices have always been waaaay overpriced, most teams in the world would accept 35m and under for any of their players, with the obvious exceptions of the VERY VERY best, we are talking no more than 3 or 4 players in the world. Ibra Ronnie Kaka Messi Rooney. possibly iniesta. But players that are happy at their club and are at the biggest club would never be sold. Like the Rooneys the scholes giggs gerrard carra messi etc.

Theres probably only club talismen that may command that type of fee, but on fm09 I had to pay 100m for Micah Richards!!!! 50 odd for young, 30 odd for agbonlahor, this is just unrealstic 100m for Richards???? They were on about offloading him in the summer for under 10m!!!!

Theres probably only club talismen that may command that type of fee, but on fm09 I had to pay 100m for Micah Richards!!!! 50 odd for young, 30 odd for agbonlahor, this is just unrealstic 100m for Richards???? They were on about offloading him in the summer for under 10m!!!!

No, you chose to pay that unrealistic figure :rolleyes:

On FM09 after around 12 seasons I am still to see a transfer of over £40m which fits fairly accurately with RL.

i think it's good to see the computer teams setting there best players at a high price.

for me it's more like real life, whats the point in playing the game if it's easy to buy the players.

i have to say aswell it's 10 times better then 09.

can't wait for the 30th!!!!

Zambrotta from AC Milan. His current value is 4.4M Now I know we are rivals, but they are my feeder club (funny I know) and he is extremely interested as Juve are his favourite club and I have 2 of his favoured personnel. Its not like he is young (he's 32) or their star player :rolleyes:

They actually want £48,400,000 upfront and then £20,000,000 over 24 months!!!! Funny they value him more than Shevchenko or Kaka :eek:

zambrotta.jpg

errrr..... 'Kaka - AC Milan needed the money'. Need to keep up with the news mate. Valencia were in a worse state than Milan. What difference does it make if Villa does not want to go, if Valencia get a good offer and they accept he will have to listen. Kaka didnt want to move in January but that did not stop Milan accepting Man City's offer and then kaka rejected them. Ronaldo wanted to o but that did not make a difference as United still got a good price. Whether he wanted to leave or not made no difference to the price as that was between United and Madrid.

Your right, Valencia were in a bad financial state, but not anymore.

But my point is why value him so high?? he's 32 not on their club icon/lgnd/favoured list. Do AC Milan really value zambrotta mor than kaka? I highly doubt it.....

Because they don't want to sell him to you, is it that difficult to understand :confused:

If you really want him, praise him, negotiate with them etc etc.

IRL it would cost Juve £68,400,000 to buy Zambrotta? yeah I guess it must be me not understanding :p

Edit: just found he is a sub and they hav ben playing Luca Antonini lol just my luck :(

no chance of negociating £68,400,000 down to say a realistic £7,000,000. strange thing is if I only pay £20,000,000 now they want £60,000,000 ovr 24 months. Its kind of funny how an ingame rivalry between clubs happens lol. I hop they dont want one of my players lol! :p

IRL it would cost Juve £68,400,000 to buy Zambrotta? yeah I guess it must be me not understanding :p

No it wouldn't because Juve wouldn't pay that.

However if they really wanted him they would negotiate and an agreement *MAY* be reached at a much lower price.

Not everyone in this thread is using there head. Villa is STILL at Valencia. They are reported to have rejected bids in real life that are over priced. Anyone saying 'I had to pay £80m for this and £100m for that, its unrealistic' are being silly. In real life a manager would find a more affordable option. That's why a lot of players like Ribery and Villa are still at there clubs in real life. Teams gave up being priced out the market and found a different option. Man Utd got Owen on a free, Real Madrid gave up on Villa and got Benzama. No one touched Ribery because of his £87m price tag. If you are paying £80m you are being as lazy as Mark Hughes and not bothering to scout.

To sum it up, the game isn't unrealistic, you are just an unrealistic manager.

Not everyone in this thread is using there head. Villa is STILL at Valencia. They are reported to have rejected bids in real life that are over priced. Anyone saying 'I had to pay £80m for this and £100m for that, its unrealistic' are being silly. In real life a manager would find a more affordable option. That's why a lot of players like Ribery and Villa are still at there clubs in real life. Teams gave up being priced out the market and found a different option. Man Utd got Owen on a free, Real Madrid gave up on Villa and got Benzama. No one touched Ribery because of his £87m price tag. If you are paying £80m you are being as lazy as Mark Hughes and not bothering to scout.

well said. :thup:

If you look at the real market you will find that players that clubs dont want to sell will cost you. IE Lescot to man city, this season, Ron to Real Madrid this season... If you look in the past, the same thing has always happened, it is just that now there is more silly money in the game ( real life ) in the big leagues then there has been before. Look at Man City spending silly money on players, madrid etc it inflates the market, a player that use to be worth £5 mill is now worth £15 mil, and when clubs dont have to sell so the money becomes more....I think the game ( fm 10 ) is acting what is happening in the real world. Well done SI.... Now if the credit crunch had hit the big boys by the market would be a different place.

I got offered 1m + 4.5m over 24 months for John O'Shea (valued at 5.5m) by Atletico Madrid, I negotiated changing the 1m to 5m expecting them to withdraw as the would in every other game, but alas they offered the 9.5m bid I negotiated. Delighted it has at least come some way, though me loaning Ben Foster to Barca for a year for 950k and Man City signing a 39 year old Maik Taylor seems far fetched

Most unrealistic fee quoted for me was for denilson - managed to get him on loan and put in a offer to pay about £30 mil (he was valued bout 6-7mil so figured being a rival would have to make a large'ish fee) after to make the move permanent - Arsenal turned round asking for a £118 (admittidly i was Man Utd) - gave up on the fee and just got a straight loan with no fee afterwards (which then ****ed off half of arsenal for loaning him out :D)

When did Villa say he didn't want to leave?

If Villa wanted to leave he would have by now. He's constantly been linked away from Valencia for the last 3 seasons, yet he always stats even when they came close to relegation a couple of seasons ago. Any club in the world take him

I understand all of your points, but irl if a club matches another clubs value of a player they sell, not usually ask for more than they value. For example, Joleon Lescott to Man City, Everton said they value him at £24M so Man City bid that and got him.

On FM, all manager simulation games, Lescott may be worth £9M for example, but you would have to bid above £9M to get him. That in my opinion is what makes manager games fairly unrealistic.

If Villa wanted to leave he would have by now. He's constantly been linked away from Valencia for the last 3 seasons, yet he always stats even when they came close to relegation a couple of seasons ago. Any club in the world take him

After the confederation's cup he was quoted on saying there won't be any news about his transfer untill he gets back to Spain, his agent criticized the way Valencia handled the negotiations with both Madrid and Barça, he never once said he didn't want to go to either team when the negotiations were going and moreso he was willing to take a salary drop to play for Barcelona.

I think, in reality 50m would get him but we don't know that for sure and predicting real life figures 100% of the time isn't possible. For me, most of the transfer fees being asked for are very fair. There will always be players who are too much but that's the nature of the game.

Dunno. In past 2 FM games Roma was asking over 80 million € for De Rossi in any game I played (early stages, naturally). I tested this, naturally, in this version and I got it 2 go for 35 million €. They were asking 80+ € for Toulalan, I got it for 27 €, etc. If that's the way the transfer fees were cut in this version, I think it's fair, and although I've seen similar occurrences in live football, I still believe it's lame for Toulalan/anybody to be priced at 6 € and you can't get it out for below 25.

Man United didn't want to sell Ronaldo so accepted the most absurd bid football is ever going to see at £80m which considering he is probably the best player in the World seems even too much considering the disparity of this fee compared to the nearest others, now this is a regular occurance on FM regardless who you are buying.

Milan didn't want to sell Kaka who has been one of the best players in the World in the last 5 years yet deemed £54m to be too good to refuse, the problem again is FM wants this sort of money for decent players not the best in the World.

To be honest, you don't need to spend big money to get success, try gaining success with small transfers and then you will have the money later on to buy those players you really want. You won't even care about the price! In FM09, i am FC United Of Manchester in 2017, i have started from the very bottom and have brought in my own tallent and turned them into world stars. However, this season i have paid out £30,000,000 for a centre mid and £80,000,000 for Sakho who is now the worlds best defender! I don't care that i had to pay such a price because he benefits the team.

Money is nothing over success! If the player is capable of hitting the high form consistently, it doesnt matter!

• SI Staff

If someone doesnt want to sell, or wants big big money they will ask for an outlandish fee. Man City were told 30m for Lescott in the summer, if that had happened in FM the same people would have said it was unrealistic ;)

Originally Posted by Skold

The best thing said on this thread!

I managed to buy him with FC Barcelona for £75 million last night. Crazy price, I agree, but barca did fail to buy him this summer, because Valencia wanted an insane amount for him.

So go figure :)

FourFourTwo mag (in 100 best players issue this month) said that the asking price to Madrid and Barca for Villa was only 50m Euros but I'd guess they'd spent up for the summer. You would have thought that he'd be an obvious target for Man City, despite them drowning in forwards but I expect Valencia would want even more from them.

Villa did not choose to leave Spain this summer because of family commitments, that is not to say that he may not want to leave in the future. Like many players he would like to win his national league so Barca and Real Madrid were obvious choices. Something similar happened with a certain Gerrard a few years ago and Chelsea yet most ppl would now suggest its impossible for him to leave. The good thing about FM is that nothing is a given. you may have to pay crazy money but even then its not a guarantee he'll join.

The player I highly recommend is Amauri from Juventus, though I paid over the odds for this guy but I needed a goal-scorer!!! He is an absolute fantastic player. he's got 7 goals in 9 games so far. :thup:

A young talent that I consider to be a rising star is rodney sneijer, he's getting better as the game is progessing! :)

Archived