FM 10: Official Chelsea Thread - Pride of London

el sid

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IMO you'd be better off buying Lahm or Maicon as an 'expensive' right back. Or as a cheaper alternative Srna.

yeah thanks mate

i guess i am obsessed with alves ever since he almost joined Chelsea from Sevilla in real life.

imagine with him bombing down the right flank and cole on the left flank to support the narrow midfield diamond formation that would be awesome!

I don't think i'll buy srna this time, kind of sick of him after buying him for almost every save in fm09 ....plus i believesomeone here mentioned his stats hs been downgraded this year. he was super in fm09 though! :thup:

is maicon actually for sale for real money? Lahm can be bought for 27m, a bid of 40m was rejected for Maicon.

Same here , Seems like inter and barca are not willing to sell. my 56m pound bid for maicon got rejected, so did my 53m bid for alves!:eek:

interestingly, robson rate maicon 1/2 star higher than alves, both with similar attributes but alves is younger though.

i probably end up buying lahm, just got a 26m bid accepted, still quite expensive for a RB, imo. and not a natural one too. but at least he is world class lol

Just some staffers I have(some are pre-existing). I'll just give names and you can take looks at them to see if they're worth the grab.

David Court

Steve Gatting

Steve Bould

Franco Baldini

Brian McClair (Ass Man)

Joope Hiele

Chico Fraga

Flavio Tanajura

Daniele Baldini

Bruno Demichelis

Christophe Lollichon

Elkin Sanchez

Youth specific:

Giovanni Invernizzi

Chris Jones

Not the best crop, mind, but the best for 1am searching around! I still need a strong tactical coach.

After my failure to get Moutinho I went for Camacho instead, although a bit pricey as it was near £30million mark.

Sold Deco to Sunderland, Cech will go to RM as a replacement for Casillas, hehehe.

Edit: God damn, challenge of players being sold they reject contracts and end up staying.

Ruud Van Nistelrooy is listed, worth the low price of having a prolific poacher as a back up?

Ok, so i've started my first game as the mighty Chels on FM10

Ins:

Aguero - 34m plus clauses

Hamsik - 14m plus cluases

Van Der Vaart - 6m

Azpilicueta - 8m plus clauses

Enyama - 170k

Varratti - 550k

Fleck - 4.9m

Outs:

Malouda - 10m

Deco - 5m

Kalou - 14.5m

Hilario - 400k

Also signed most players to longer term contracts, still looking to bring in some more youth and get rid of a couple more (belletti, possibly Anelka)

Current Line-up, using a 4-3-1-2 formation:

GK: Cech/Enyeama

DR: Bosingwa/Azpilicueta

DL: A.Cole/Zhirkov

DC: Terry/Alex

DC: Carvalho/Alex

MC: Essien/Obi Mikel

MC: Hamsik/Ballack

MC: Lampard/Ballack/VDV

AMC: Van Der Vaart/Joe Cole/Aguero

ST: Aguero/Anelka

ST:Drogba/Anelka/Sturridge

Still looking for another back-up DC, would like Sakho but a bit expensive, any thoughts? Also, what instructions to give Aguero to get the best out of him? Thanks people.

Ok, so i've started my first game as the mighty Chels on FM10

Ins:

Aguero - 34m plus clauses

Hamsik - 14m plus cluases

Van Der Vaart - 6m

Azpilicueta - 8m plus clauses

Enyama - 170k

Varratti - 550k

Fleck - 4.9m

Outs:

Malouda - 10m

Deco - 5m

Kalou - 14.5m

Hilario - 400k

Also signed most players to longer term contracts, still looking to bring in some more youth and get rid of a couple more (belletti, possibly Anelka)

Current Line-up, using a 4-3-1-2 formation:

GK: Cech/Enyeama

DR: Bosingwa/Azpilicueta

DL: A.Cole/Zhirkov

DC: Terry/Alex

DC: Carvalho/Alex

MC: Essien/Obi Mikel

MC: Hamsik/Ballack

MC: Lampard/Ballack/VDV

AMC: Van Der Vaart/Joe Cole/Aguero

ST: Aguero/Anelka

ST:Drogba/Anelka/Sturridge

Still looking for another back-up DC, would like Sakho but a bit expensive, any thoughts? Also, what instructions to give Aguero to get the best out of him? Thanks people.

Oh lovely, opening day vs Sunderland. Lampard gets a hat-trick, Essien the fourth.

Second match against Spurs, Lampard getting the second with a brilliant strike from a late run into the box. Central midfielder - Attack role really fits him well. It's all good for the blues. :)

Bracken: Curtis Davies is worth a shout as a backup DC. He's got good key attributes and at 24 I'm sure you'll see them improve. I'm not sure how much "expensive" was for Sakho but Davies can be had at £14m (might be able to get them lower) with £29k p/w wages.

Ranbir: Thanks for the list, I'll be putting it to good use. That would be a perfect opening day for me as Lamps and Essien are my two favorite players. I love seeing them score :)

Quinby: Selecting a tactic is really up to you and when you decide on that you'll have a better idea of what players you want to purchase. I'd recommend browsing through the thread and taking a look at what others have done. That might be able to help you formulate your own plan.

I'm currently playing Aguero as AML, Inside forward-attack, (unsure on to have move in channels or cut inside)

The ST is defensive forward - support and told to NOT move into channels. I'll probably keep that role and put Aguero in there on a Drogba off/rest day.

Just hit Jan in my Chelsea save, so thought id give an update. Starting with the transfers.

Transfers In

Ruud Van Nistelrooy - 1.9 mill

Transfers Out

N/A

Some people may be surprised i didnt go on a mass spending spree with the trasfer embargo but i didnt feel i needed to and wanted to be in the same situation Ancelotti is in with the same players. I wasnt going to buy anyone but Danny Sturidge doesnt look capable of backing up Drogs and Anelka just yet and that leaves just Kalou, so when RVN was offered to me i thought why not looks good and hes cheap plus hes only back up.

Tactics

Playing the Ancelotti 4-1-2-1-2 and having great sucess with it preferred line up would be:

GK:Cech

DR:Bosingwa

DL:Cole

DC:Carvalho

DC:Terry

DM:Essien

MC:Ballack

MC:Lampard

AM:Joe Cole

ST:Anelka

ST: Drogs

Community Shield

We took the lead in this fixture with a 27th minute goal through Nico Anelka, however it didnt take long for United to hit back with Rossi scoring in the 33rd minute. It was a great game with loads of chances for both sides however no one else could find the back of the net as it went to peanltys, United went on to win 5-4!

Premier League

n56m8h.png

Its been a stroll in the park so far and we have a 100% home record. We didnt lose our first game untill the 18th which was a 2-0 loss to United at OT, the draw with Man City at CMS. The best result so far was a 4-0 thumping of Arsenal at The Emirates!

League Cup

Chelsea 5-2 QPR (H) 3rd Round

Chelsea 1-0 Aston Villa (A) 4th Round

Chelsea 1-2 Wigan (A) Quarter Final

Dissapointed to lose to Wigan, i did play a weakened side but we was unlucky to lose we battered them and they caught us on the counter and from a set piece. RVN got a late consolation.

F.A Cup

Chelsea 2-0 Hull (A) 3rd Round

Champions League

Drawn in Group F with FC RB Salzurg, OM and Rangers.

Chelsea 2-0 Rangers (H)

Chelsea 1-1 OM (A)

Chelsea 3-1 FC RC Salzburg (H)

Chelsea 3-1 FC RC Salzburg (A)

Chelsea 2-0 Rangers (A)

Chelsea 2-1 OM (H)

Qualified top and drawn Dinamo Kiev in the 1st Knockout Round which im pleased about.

Squad n Stats

ns9zn.png

Will update again at the end of the season :thup:

EDIT* On a side not Newcastle are currently lying in 18th position with 27 points in the Championship LOL!!

I've had two crashes now, losing a few matches each time. It might be the size of my database although it seems to happen when it isn't actually in processing mode.

Some directx update is happening now, we'll see how that goes. Otherwise I might have to start again with a slightly smaller game. Darn, had a dream start with a high form Lampard and Aguero getting a hatrick in his first CL game.

All going well for me so far, 8 games in the league, 7 wins 1 draw (away at liverpool), Aguero has 8 goals in 11 games, Lampard has 6 in 11, but what I really want to mention is Danny Sturridge!

He performs far better than his stats show, he just put in a man of the match performance for me in the league, claiming 2 in a 4-0 win over Burnley. Has also been superb off the bench, now has 5 goals in all comps, after 4 starts and 3 sub appearances.

Hello guys!

Long time without a post for me! but with the arrival of FM10 I thought I had too!

Started my first save with Chelsea, had a little play on the demo but didn't want to play too much so that when I got the full game it was newer to me.

Right let's get on with it... i've splash most of my cash over 48 months.

Transfers In:

Danielle De Rossi - £40m over 48 months (Decent buy only took £10m out the balance for one of the best midfielders on the game)

Mario Balotelli - £40 over 48 months (gamble as my ass man said he would only make a decent signing? Not sure of his PA but he should be good, legend on 09 so had to have him)

Steven Jovetic - £8m up front and £6.75m over 48 months (looks great and should fill in in a few positions)

Ashley Young - £15m over 48 months (always performs for me on FM and as Watford are my second team I have to try him out!)

Philippe Mexes - £17.75m over 48 months (in my opinion this is a steal!)

Alphonse Areola - £65k (hopefully one for the future)

Goran Pandev - £10m over 48 months (should do well in the AMC role)

Edin Dzeko - £20m over 48 months (should be fantastic if real life is to go by!)

Iker Munian - £650k (was transfer listed and my ass man says he can play at a similar level as drogba!)

Jack Rodwell - £15m over 48 months (wanted a good young englishman probably paid alot but my ass man rated him highly)

I like the fact most people have sold players for completely different prices which is looking as though it will make the transfers a bit different.

Transfers Out:

Deco - £5.5m

Soloman Kalou - £8m

Hilario - Loan for £375k

Florant Malouda - £10m

Alex - £6.75m

Playing a formation which looks like this

---------GK---------

---DC---DC---DC----

WBR--DM--DM--WBL

-----AMC--AMC-----

---------FC---------

So squad looks like this...

GK - Cech/Turnball/Areola

DC - Carvalho/Rodwell

DC - Terry/Ivanovic

DC - Mexes

WBL - A. Cole/Zhirkov

WBR - Ivanovic/Bosingwa/Ferreira

DM - Essien/Mikel

DM - De Rossi/Rodwell

AMC - Lampard/Jovetic/Young

AMC - Ballack/Young/Pandev

FC - Drogba/Dzeko/Balotelli/Anelka

Looking to sell.. Ballack, Anelka, Turnball and Ferreira in January.

So far results have been okay

Chelsea 2-1 Man Utd - Community Shield

Chelsea 2-0 Fulham - Prem

Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea - Prem

Chelsea 0-0 Wolves - Prem

Portsmouth 0-2 Chelsea - Prem

Not happy with the 0-0 draw with Wolves but still getting used to the tactics, i'm loving the touchline instructions and the fact they seem to actually work!

anyways will update soon, any questions please ask :)

Right finally here we go.... Have been busy ever since I got the game on Wednesday so now it's me and FM time. I'm planning to do an all nighter, chinese will be delivered between 6.00-6.30, on my first beer right now after a hard days work, sky sports on the box - happy days.

Right Anyone got any tips for me? Is Cech worth replacing with Casillas? I'm thinking of getting rid of Riccy and replacing him but not sure who with. In the first season, i'm going to try and get the average age down by a few years especially with the transfer ban.

Keep ya updated!

Bucket

Haven't got the game yet but I'm always intrigued by new releases of Footie Manager.

Whats the thoughts then? If you support Chelsea you've already made one sensible decision so I feel I can trust your views of Football Manager.

One thing I have noticed from most of the posts here is that no one really sticks with the squad at the start. Most of you seem to sell 5 or 6 players and buy in replacements. My first couple seasons I like to battle with the squad I'm given and buy in some youngsters for future seasons. Each to their own I reckon.

I wanted to start with the squad that is already there but with us missing the transfer windows I really feel we need to get in some fresh younger blood. I only get rid of the dead wood and ones that I won't miss. And by the way - yes I am a Chelsea fan.

nb1986

I do the same as you mate i have an untouched squad with only the addition of RVN.

Completed my first season with Chelsea and it was one to remember:

Community Shield

We took the lead in this fixture with a 27th minute goal through Nico Anelka, however it didnt take long for United to hit back with Rossi scoring in the 33rd minute. It was a great game with loads of chances for both sides however no one else could find the back of the net as it went to peanltys, United went on to win 5-4!

Premier League

hrh9gm.png

Too many draws for my liking i think the fixture congestion took its toll after xmas but still a very good display in the EPL.

League Cup

Chelsea 5-2 QPR (H) 3rd Round

Chelsea 1-0 Aston Villa (A) 4th Round

Chelsea 1-2 Wigan (A) Quarter Final

Dissapointed to lose to Wigan, i did play a weakened side but we was unlucky to lose we battered them and they caught us on the counter and from a set piece. RVN got a late consolation.

F.A Cup

Chelsea 2-0 Hull (A) 3rd Round

Chelsea 2-1 Aston Villa (H) 4th Round

Chelsea 2-1 Portsmouth (A) 5th Round

Chelsea 0-0 Spurs (A) 6th Round

Chelsea 1-0 Spurs (H) Replay

Chelsea 0-1 United (N) Semi Final

And that was the end of our F.A Cup run. Better luck next year!

Champions League

Drawn in Group F with FC RB Salzurg, OM and Rangers.

Chelsea 2-0 Rangers (H)

Chelsea 1-1 OM (A)

Chelsea 3-1 FC RC Salzburg (H)

Chelsea 3-1 FC RC Salzburg (A)

Chelsea 2-0 Rangers (A)

Chelsea 2-1 OM (H)

Chelsea 0-0 Dinamo Kiev (A) 1st Knockout Round

Chelsea 1-0 Dinamo Kiev (H) Leg 2

Made much harder work of this then i expected.

Chelsea 1-0 United (A) Quarter Final

Chelsea 3-1 United (H) Leg 2

Chelsea 0-2 FC Bayern (A) Semi Final

Chelsea 4-1 FC Bayern (H) Leg 2

We produced a stunning display at the bridge to turn this tie around.

Champions League Final:

29utyrm.png

Chelsea win there first ever Champions League trophy with a brilliant victory over Madrid! Check out the ref LOL.

Squad n Stats

Unfortunatly i forgot to take a screenshot of the stats before it all got erased, but this was my best eleven and subs.

2hrg185.png

Next Season

Obviously there will be no changes untill January if i decide to make any, so more of the same please lads! The only outgoing is Belletti who agree a free transfer to Benfica months ago.

Right finally here we go.... Have been busy ever since I got the game on Wednesday so now it's me and FM time. I'm planning to do an all nighter, chinese will be delivered between 6.00-6.30, on my first beer right now after a hard days work, sky sports on the box - happy days.

Right Anyone got any tips for me? Is Cech worth replacing with Casillas? I'm thinking of getting rid of Riccy and replacing him but not sure who with. In the first season, i'm going to try and get the average age down by a few years especially with the transfer ban.

Keep ya updated!

Bucket

Cech is good enough imo. If you're looking to sell Carvalho, take a look at Mexes and Milito

ballinisahabit

Looks like a solid first season. Impressive league form - gotta say only losing one is good going at beginning of career. Carry on using the league cup as a competition for the youngsters mixed with fringe, in previous careers I've brought through the likes Kakuta, Philliskirk, Bertrand, Cork et all by using them in league cup and 'simple' leauge games. I find bringing through youngsters far more rewarding than spending £40mil on a top player.

Mind you the point has been made that the transfer ban is in effect and I'll be looking to sign some solid 19-23 years old to improve the depth of the squad.

I lost Kakuta on a free transfer to AC Milan and Bertrand was sold for a couple mill over my head to Wigan. Cork, Matic, Hutchinson, Bruma, Mancienne, Woods, Van Aanholt, Stoch and Sturridge are all looking promising though. I sent Sturridge on load to Middlesbrough for 6 months and he bagged 15 goals in 17 apps.

I've decided to drop my 4-5-1/4-3-3 and have gone to a 4-2-2-2. Not that my old systems weren't winning(undefeated so far), I just found myself not happy with what I saw. I wish the new system still let me set global passing. Anyway, I'm sure I'll keep tinkering and eventually find a satisfactory system, of course by that time it might be newgens making it work (which is always easier)

Edit: Lampard is so cool. He won a penalty, he is my main guy but he gave it up to Aguero so he could complete his hatrick! :D

Just wondering what positions people are playing lampard in and what would be his best position, looking at posts no one is playing him at the top of the diamond which was the position i was considering putting him in.

Started with Chelsea and disabled the funds for the first window, just to make it as realistic as I could.

I am also deploying the 4-1-2-1-2 formation that Chelsea play irl, and watching the pre-season friendlies, I am very pleased, as the team play excellent football. Short quick passing resulting in attractive attacking football is the aim, and judging by the pre-season it's a nice start, although the opponents will be better when the league starts. Also can't wait to get Joey Cole back in action, as I regard him as a nice trequeartista (?) on the head of the diamond.

As I'm not allowed to buy players for some years, I'll just have to try and get the best out of the youth talent who is in the squad. I have some idea who is worth putting the money on and who's not.

As I'm not allowed to buy anyone, I'm not selling anyone until next season at least.

Michael Essien is God btw!

Lampard has always taken his left-centre position as Midfielder - Attacking duty for me. He can play top of diamond as well. He's just such a strong player in either position when he has the freedom to do what he loves.

In the 4-2-2-2 he's got total license alongside Ballack to just roam and do whatever they hell they feel like to supply the front two or bomb into the box themselves. Behind them are two defensive midfielders, one is set on defend the other on support. A bit of a throwback to the FM09 formation I used when I found my 08 4-3-3 fail. Anyway, this system is pretty cool giving me high scores.

As it always happens for me, I've managed to get a good defensive unit but my attacking always feels gimped in the 4-5-1 set up, but 4-2-2-2 solves everything! (As well has having wing back roles instead of fullback!)

I only sold three players, Deco to Sunderland, Cech to Real Madrid and Beletti to Bolgna.

I didn't -have- to get Casillas, even though he's saved me some matches, but since I found out it was possible to take him away from Madrid, I thought, why the hell not, it is so 'out there'!.

My incoming players were:

Aguero, Srna, Camacho, Casillas, Muniesa, Keko, Thiago, Veratti and Veloso.

I'll keep quiet until transfer freedom and will only target newgens from that point.

Are most people using all of the transfer limit given? After selling a few excess players (Anelka/Alex/Malouda) and putting all my new transfers over 48 months (with very little up front) I still have about 40mil to spend even after bringing in the likes of Silva and Dzeko. Is it worth splashing the rest of this on a bunch of youngsters, or just leave it there in the kitty?

mate i've been shipping goals left right and centre. I've managed to slow the rate down now though, but at the start of the season John Terry was a Sunday league player for me - kept getting ratings of 4.5. Was so bad i had to drop him. Now I've got cech out for 3 months so Turnball is in goal and doing quite well!

I've restarted my save a couple of times just to make sure I'm fully happy with what I'm doing and my transfers since I'll have my hands tied.

Finally really happy with my transfers and the money I managed to get for players, going into August ready for the Charity Shield and then a bug hits when selecting a feeder club and I can't continue with my save. Very p*****d off and going to bed in the knowledge that I will have to start all over again tomorrow!!!

Just a few Q's im hoping someone can help me out with.

1. If you are playing two wingers as inside forwards (as im experimenting with using Kewell and David Silva) whats the best way to get Drogba involved if he is no longer receiving many crosses?

2. Is 'Poacher' the best option for someone to try and drag defenders away from the other striker?

3. Is 4 strikers enough (Drogba, Dzeko, Luis Fabiano, RVN) [and Sturridge in the reserves obviously] to get through until the next transfer window, or should I be looking to pick one or two more up (Perhaps Cassano and a youngster, or keeping Anelka?)

4. If Drogba is used as a target man- to feet, would a lack of crosses from the wingers affect him too much? I have the wing backs overlapping to get some crosses in, but since switching both wingers to inside forward ive noticed about a 60% drop in the number of crosses, and the drying up of goals for Drogba.

Hope that made a bit of sense, ive been winning games, but still struggling to get exactly what I want (if it is at all possible) from the team. Defence is rock solid, so no concerns there, its just optimising play in the front 3rd thats causing me a bit of grief.

After a few demo runs to get the best possible mix for my squad I have finally started my Chelsea save, and not being able to sign anybody for 18 months has meant I have gone and spent big straight from the off to start the rebuilding process at the club. I spent around £160m on new players, although I also raised in excess of £70 selling my fringe players, and there has been no real net difference to the wage bill which I'm happy with.

In order to fund my signings I sold the following:

Anelka - Man Utd - £16.5m

Deco - Juventus - £5.5m

Alex - Sunderland - £15m

Malouda - Man City - £12.5m

Bosingwa - Man Utd - £10m

Kalou - At Madrid - £10m

Ferreira - Palermo - £2.5m

Belletti - Wigan - £1.3m

Hilario - St Etienne - Loan (£60k fee)

Knowing I couldn't sign anybody for 18 months, I set aside good money to get an excellent crop of young talent which I am hoping to nurture:

Areola - PSG - £40k

Koke - At Madrid - £20k

Keko - At Madrid - FREE

Pulido - At Madrid - £40k

Muniesa - Barcelona - £150k

Lukaku - Anderlecht - £1.6m

Opare - R Madrid - £275k

Verratti - Pescara - £350k

Gerson - Gremio - £240k

Ananidze - Spartak Moscow - £275k

Zuculini - Racing Club - £14k

Torric - Hearts of Oak - £75k

Zezinho - Juventude - £2.2m

Galvan - Cruz Azul - £1.2m

Wellington Silva - Fluminese - £240k

I hope some of these come through for me, but if they don't I still should be able to make decent profits when selling them on.

Deciding that I was going to play the same diamond formation Chelsea play IRL, I brought the following for my first team squad:

Ochoa - America - £2.5m (Quality young and cheap backup GK, who has the ability to push Cech for No. 1)

Lahm - Bayern - £26m (The best full back available for relatively sensible money, and can operate on either flank)

Ansaldi - Rubin - £2.8m (Lahm's deputy, able to fill in on either full back slot)

Otamendi - Velez - £4.5m (Replacement for Alex as fourth CB, young and good potential to become first team regular)

Sissoko - Toulouse - £15m (Pricey, but high fixed PA. Hope him to be the 'new Vieira')

Hamsik - Napoli - £12.5m (The natural long term replacement for Lampard/Ballack as my box to box midfielder)

Di Maria - Benfica - £4m (Bargain, will look to mould him into a quality playmaker behind the front two)

Cassano - Sampdoria - £17m (My playmaker for the hole)

Dzeko - Wolfsburg - £16m (The long term replacement for Drogba)

Aguero - At Madrid - £52m (Mulled over this for ages as it is a huge amount of money. However he is so young, with high CA and PA, that I think it will prove worth it over a few years)

Just hit September, and current results have been:

Charity Shield vs Man Utd: 2-2 (lost 4-2 on pens) (Dzeko, Terry)

League vs West Ham(h): 5-0 (Ballack, Lampard, Essien, Cassano, Drogba)

League vs Man City(a): 2-2 (Lampard 2)

League vs Aston Villa(h): 3-1 (Drogba, Carvalho, Aguero)

League vs Stoke(a): 2-0 (Aguero 2)

So good start, top of the league and will keep people posted.

Damn it, another crash, Wiped my awesome 4-0 victory over Man U at OT. Lampard scoring the first in 18 seconds then creating the following three goals for Ballack and Aguero. I think the database size is causing issue. (over 200k players, half star speed rating and I multi-task). On the plus side, wiped my terrible loss to a team I can't spell in the final group stage of CL. (still topped group)

I'm starting again with a smaller database (20kish players)

bloody hell over 200k players - not surprised it crashed! i'm playing with approx 23,000 players and it's on 4.5 stars. I'm finsing this version so much harder then the previous titles, just have to concentrate on my tactics. In the 2nd season - Danny Sturridge is on fire and easily outplaying Drogba, Anelka and Dzeko.

In the 1st season Lamps and Drogs both got about 40 goals each - well impressed. Overall 1st season came 3rd in league, won FA cup and won Champs league. 2nd season has started pretty badly - can't seem to play against teams that play 4-5-1. I'm currently playing 4-1-2-1-2

any tips?!

Might have to use a formation that directly can challenge or try to see with touchline instructions.

How are you being outplayed?

--

Yes 200k seemed waaay too much. The option to load players by continent was too attractive. I've stuck to the same continents but only loaded from the top clubs. Much better.

I haven't a clue to be honest, just seems my defence goes to sleep and lets strikers/midfielders to stroll in at the back and score. Saying that Cech and JT have had so many off days it's unreal. I have found this game has been so in-consistent and that i have to keep changing my tactics - very frustrating. And also that there are way too many late goals.

Ballinisahabit - gave Drogba a target man role and played Lamps just behind.

Bucket what season are you in, how did you get Ribery for that cheap?

I have started well with 8 wins and 2 draws in my first 10 games but I have just had Drogba injured for 3 months and Ashley Cole for 4 months!

I see that Lampard is already competent as a defensive midfielder. I am retraining him in this role as I may look to drop him deep as a deep lying playmaker in a couple of seasons time when he hasn't got the legs as a box to box midfielder anymore.

2nd season mate, his contract is due up in 2011 and he hadn't signed a new one with bayern munich so put in a cheeky £14.5m bid and it was accepted. his value was £10m.

Just means that when he joins in January 2011 i might have to change formation. but we will see.

Archived