The FM 2010 Graphics & Skin Installation Guide

radestock

Why don't you have the option to unzip/extract them there? Sounds kind of weird to me. What operating system are you running? Vista?

Okay, here's a short how to, athough this has been already mentioned within the guide in the opening post:

Facepacks and Logos must be unzipped to:

Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\graphics

Skins must be extracted to:

Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\skins

Last but not least you'll have to Refresh the Skin!

http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2301157&postcount=21

Note: unrar = unzip = extract, in my eyes. Maybe you make a difference between these words?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, I don't really understand what you're talking about. :(

Lets take the Metallic Logos for example. What download have you done? Torrent or the normal parts? If the normal parts, have you read this @ sortitoutsi.net? http://www.sortitoutsi.net/forum/topic/24480-metallic-logos/

Megaupload Links - Download both files please. Once downloaded, double click on Part 1 and extract to your Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\graphics\pictures\logos folder

or if you've taken the filefront-links

You need to get ALL 4 files from Filefront - not 2 or 3, but all 4

Oh and as far as I have seen, you need 7zip to unzip these files: http://www.7-zip.org/

Okay. Step by step, as you already wanted.

Do you have 7zip installed? If not, then please follow the link above, download 7zip and install the little program.

Next step: Right click and open the Metallic Logos FM10.7z.001 with 7zip. Once you've done, follow the steps and pictures from this thread (right in the first post):

http://www.sortitoutsi.net/forum/topic/24480-metallic-logos/

http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu49/kremmen/Logos/openwithzipprogram.jpg

http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu49/kremmen/Logos/extracttofolder.jpg

right im starting again. i have just downloaded the vitrious skin into my skins folder. it is a rar file and as i understand it it needs to be extracted to fmf. is this correct and can you explain how i do this please. i think i have to download the 7zip file which i will do but can you tell me where to download it to please

Your skin is a .rar file right? So you follow the guide:

Something I've downloaded -> .rar file ->

That shows us the following:

You're going to need some extra software installed to be able to 'extract' the file you've downloaded. Choose one of the two below depending on your Operating System:

Windows XP/2000/Vista/Windows 7: 7-Zip (Choose the most recent .exe)

MacOS X: The Unarchiver

7-Zip is installed using the .exe you download, following the instructions on-screen. To install The Unarchiver simply double click on the .zip file you download from their website then drag the program it extracts (called 'The Unarchiver') into your apps folder.

Once installed, create a new folder somewhere you can keep track of (on your desktop for instance) and place your downloaded graphics zip, rar or 7z in it. Now we extract:

Windows: Right click on your zip, rar or 7z. Choose 7-Zip from the menu, then select 'Extract Here'.

MacOS X: Right click (or ctrl + click) on your zip, rar or 7z. Choose 'open with' then select 'The Unarchiver'.

Your file should extract and most probably create a folder in the same directory, or perhaps a .fmf file.

That's what you do. I really don't know how to describe it in easier terms.

i really do have no idea about computers i just cant seem to do it.

i downloaded the 7-zip file to my documents but cant see the unarchiver and when i right click on the .rar file (my skin) there is no 'extract here' in the menu

i just cant grasp it but thankyou

You just need to read things more carefully. The guide says to choose one of the two programs depending on your OS. You don't need 'the unarchiver' for windows.

It also says you need to install 7-Zip by running the .exe file you download.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ok, i downloaded a skin off the fm site.

i got my game from steam so to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2010\tools\editor\data\skins

so i put the file in the skins file, there is also another folder in there fm2008.

this is my location of the files.

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2010\tools\editor\data\skins\manutdv2.0

but it wont load them up so i can select them from the drop list. i have ticked the boxes. i have done everything

there isnt a duplicate folder after that one. i just cant get it to work

Well this is just the completely wrong folder.

Please follow the instructions in the opening post step by step. And you'll find the answer that you'll have to put the file to:

Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\skins

I also asked this in the metallic logo's thread, however I feel I should better ask here:

I want to clean up my graphics folder (my documents/.../graphics) due to duplicate files, logo's I no longer need or want, etc.

If I remove all downloaded packs entirely, what files should absolutely stay in this folder?

(Now I have about 8 different folders in it, with hundreds of sub-folders)

I have the same question about my skins folder (my documents/.../skins) there are 3 skinfolders in it and a config.xml.

I presume I can delete everything except for the config.xml.

Am I correct?

Thanks for answering! :thup:

You'll need to keep the config.xml file in the skins folder but that's it. You can delete everything else (including your /graphics folder) if you want to, there is nothing in there that needs to be kept.

Thanks radestock! :thup:

I believe I have read that not everyone has a skins folder at start. Is this config.xml automaticly (re-)made by the game then?

Anyway, I can now safely clean up my folders, so thanks again! :)

Ok, for some reason, one of my players whom before putting this hairpack in, had very nice long hair which I liked.

After he is bald? =\

Anyway I can change him back?

OK, so it appears I have two hairpacks now. I installed another one called OLT Hairpacks a while ago.

What do I do to combine the two files? I am certein it would involve combining the config.xml files and the hair.xml files, right? But I am not sure how to do this as both xml files link to the same image name.

For example, I have this:

<record from="black_3011" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/long/black_3011"/>

should I just add on the other hairpack except replacing the numbers as "black_3012" etc.?

Reposting these questions from the other thread in hopes of a quicker answer. :)

As far as I am aware the game doesn't save players hair styles, so when you add in new hair styles it resets all of the players hairs (removing the added hairs might put them back or it might just reassign random hairs again).

With merging the files it should just be a matter of merging the enteries in the xml files, though any conflicting names will need to be changed if they are different styles.

I'm having XML Parsing errors on FM start up. I get a ton of them and eventually FM crashes.

The message is called "Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of default.xml"

The only editing I have been doing as of late is the newgen hair files. ???

I don't even know which default.xml the error is referring too.

• 2 weeks later...

It is no different to any other skin, it should be installed in the same way. You must be skipping a step or doing something incorrectly. Try starting from the beginning and following every step, even if you think you know the correct procedure.

I have followed the instructions but I still can't load a skin. I have put and unzipped it into FM2010/ skin folder, file path: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\skins\el torero dark_30_10

I have gone into the game and ensured that skin cache is unticked and reload on confirm is ticked. Then selected confirm. The pop-up box appears confirming updating skin info. After it finishes updating, in the dropdown skin menu all that are available are the two default 2010 skins. I have even tried fully coming out of the game and restarting but to no avail.

The skin itself has the folder el torero dark_30_10 and within this is a sub folder entitled el torero dark and within this all the other folders including the xml file. I'm at a loss to be honest. I have downloaded other 2010 skins and I'm having the same problem, so it's not the skin, but something I'm not doing. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great. Thanks in advance.

I too face the same problem. But in the folder of vitreous2.5 which is a skin, which is located at Computer/OS (C:)/Users/My name/My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010/skins, there are 4 subfolders named fonts, graphics, panels and settings. Additionally, there is one XML file named vitreous2.5 which is a XML document.

So I guessed, I installed correctly but the preference menu still shows only the two default skins that comes with the game! Must I untick or tick user data folder for temporary files or does it not matter at the General tab? :(

OK, this is a screenshot of my skin folder. Notice that there are 3 types of skins in my folder but I can only access the 2 default skins that come into my game. This problem have been going on for ages. I have read and reread the installation guide but to no avail and this is the first time I am officially asking for help! :(

359jm8p.jpg

Ignore that - it all looks correct, you don't need to create a folder.

Have you done the finishing up steps (ticking always reload on confirm and unticking use skin cache)?

Also make sure you don't have a double layer of folders - ie 'skinname/skinname/skinname.xml + panel and grahics folders. If it's like that then take out a level.

Ignore that - it all looks correct, you don't need to create a folder.

Have you done the finishing up steps (ticking always reload on confirm and unticking use skin cache)?

Also make sure you don't have a double layer of folders - ie 'skinname/skinname/skinname.xml + panel and grahics folders. If it's like that then take out a level.

Yes, I have done all that but still only the 2 default skins show up! What is the cause of this? Should I also tick Use 'user data' folder for temporary files at the General menu? Please bear with me mate! I have also double and triple checked and there are NO double layer of folders on all my 3 different types of skin folders. :(

OK, whenever I load a new game or an existing game, new folders are being recreated at my FM folder without my prompting! Why is this so? :(

For example, the editor data, games and skin folder are being recreated WITHIN the games folder! This is the first time this is happening! How to prevent this from happening???? :eek:

This is an example:

2qltpc3.jpg

The same thing appears in my documents or documents and setting folder!

It looks like you have set your User Data folder to: Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010/games

Load FM go into the Preferences menu and change your User Data folder location so it looks like this at the end (so it points to the FM2010 folder not the games folder):

userdatafolder.jpg

It looks like you have set your User Data folder to: Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010/games

Load FM go into the Preferences menu and change your User Data folder location so it looks like this at the end (so it points to the FM2010 folder not the games folder):

userdatafolder.jpg

Thanks mate for the answer! So should I delete these files before proceeding? Thank God I do not have to do a dreaded reinstall! That is also the reason why my downloaded skins did not appear! :D

Hi I have a question to ask. Presently I have not yet downloaded any kits yet but I have downloaded the megapack and metallic pack. So my folder arrangement looks like this presently:

Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\graphics\pictures\logos\Metallic logos FM10

Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\graphics\pictures\players\MEGAPACK 2.0

Within the pictures folder, there are two sub sections called logos and players.

I am planning to download the Japanese league which contains kits, logos and faces. So the question is, where should I place these files which are not part of the Metallic logos or Megapack 2.0 files. I am afraid to mix the config files that comes with the Japanese files.. Should I rename the Japanese logos, kits and face cuts to Japanese players, Japanese logos and Japanese kits? So should my folder now look like this:

Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\graphics\pictures\logos\Japanese logos

Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\graphics\pictures\players\Japanese players

Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\graphics\pictures\kits\Japanese kits.

Should this be the format? Please help as I don't want to mess up the Megapack and Metallic logos config files! I took a long time to download these!

Cheers! :)

It doesn't matter as long as they are in the

Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\graphics\ location and have a config file with them

Thanks for the reply. So I can have as many logos or players folder within my graphics folder as long as each folder has a config file in them? Also as long as I don't overwrite the config files and mix them up, it would be OK?

Archived