FM10 ~ Official Leeds Utd Thread, wha-Jer-maine we're still in League One?

SGartz

I read that some of you are struggling for a decent AMR/MR...

I only got him initially because my parent club City thrust him upon me, but loanee Vladimir Weiss for me has been outstanding. Leagues leading assister and he's scored a few too. By February his stats improve markedly. Snodgrass is more than capable on the right too as backup.

I've got John Fleck on loan as well (retrained for AMR), but he's still a bit young, I think. He'll be good, but he's a bit over his head at the moment.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't give up!

Took me about 10 runs through the first half season on the demo before I figured out what I wanted to do with my team, and even then I still had a dodgy start to the season on the full game. :D

I'm back up and running, don't worry just needed a break!

Trying a new formation (away from my usual 4-4-2) and it's working well pre-season, early days though!

My Leeds Game

I just started my first Leeds game in the history of Football Manager.

The first thing I did was get a parent and feeder club.

Parent Club - I had the choices of Man City, Arsenal and Spurs. Because I am a City fan, I chose them.

Feeder Club - I had a choice between Berwick, some small English club I can't remember, and Ineu from Romania. I chose Ineu for the work permit help, and the fact they are a Professional club.

Later on in the window, I asked Ken for a bit more money. Got the usual 3.85m more

Transfers

Ins

Christian Vieri - Free

Edgar Davids - Free

Amoroso - Free

Andy van der Meyde - Free

Henri Camara - Free

Dejan Stefanovic - Free

Rudi Skacel - Free

Ervin Skela - Free

Samuel Kuffour - Free

Brahim Hemdani - Free

Glauber - Free

Ivan Helguera - Free

Boudewijn Zenden - Free

Ebi Smolarek - Free

Amr Zaki - 500k + 1.5m in monthly installments + 20% of Next Sale

Tim Krull - 500k + 1m in monthly installments + 50% of Next Sale

Stuart Parnaby - 250k + 500k in monthly installments + 30% of Next Sale

Jose Goncalves - 250k + 50% of Next Sale

Asmir Begovic - Loan

Jeremy Helan - Loan

Vlad Weiss - Loan

Left this one till last. I signed Roque Junior on a free! Had to bring him back to Leeds.

Outs

Enoch Showumni - 300k - Middlesbrough

Alan Sheehan - 100k - Notts Co

Paul Huntingdon - 100k - Notts Co

Rui Marques - 100k - Notts Co

Ben Parker - 500k - Bristol Rovers

Luciano Becchio - 1.2m - Celta

Mike Grella - 200k - Bradford

Neil Kilkenny - 1m - Coventry

Bradley Johnson - 170k - WBA

Andy Robinson - 250k - Ipswich

Lubomir Michalik - 250k - Ipswich

Tom Elliot - Loan - Hereford

Pre-season

I had a good pre-season.

Bradford - Away - 5-2 (Skela double, Smolarek hat-trick, Zeshan Rehman O.G)

Morecambe - Away - 3-3 (Will Hanning O.G, Glauber, Zaki)

Guiseley - Away - 3-0 (Ebi Smolarek hat trick)

Farsley - Away - 7-0 (Amr Zaki double, Glauber, Vieri double, Zenden, Skela)

Velez - Friendly Cup - Home - 2-0 (Smolarek double)

Porto - Friendly Cup Final - Home - 1-1 (Andy Robinson). Won 5-4 on Penalties!

Barcelona - Home - 1-3 (Pique O.G)

League

First game against Exeter now. Will give an update at the end of the month

My Leeds Game

I just started my first Leeds game in the history of Football Manager.

The first thing I did was get a parent and feeder club.

Parent Club - I had the choices of Man City, Arsenal and Spurs. Because I am a City fan, I chose them.

Feeder Club - I had a choice between Berwick, some small English club I can't remember, and Ineu from Romania. I chose Ineu for the work permit help, and the fact they are a Professional club.

Later on in the window, I asked Ken for a bit more money. Got the usual 3.85m more

Transfers

Ins

Christian Vieri - Free

Edgar Davids - Free

Amoroso - Free

Andy van der Meyde - Free

Henri Camara - Free

Dejan Stefanovic - Free

Rudi Skacel - Free

Ervin Skela - Free

Samuel Kuffour - Free

Brahim Hemdani - Free

Glauber - Free

Ivan Helguera - Free

Boudewijn Zenden - Free

Ebi Smolarek - Free

Amr Zaki - 500k + 1.5m in monthly installments + 20% of Next Sale

Tim Krull - 500k + 1m in monthly installments + 50% of Next Sale

Stuart Parnaby - 250k + 500k in monthly installments + 30% of Next Sale

Jose Goncalves - 250k + 50% of Next Sale

Asmir Begovic - Loan

Jeremy Helan - Loan

Vlad Weiss - Loan

Left this one till last. I signed Roque Junior on a free! Had to bring him back to Leeds.

Outs

Enoch Showumni - 300k - Middlesbrough

Alan Sheehan - 100k - Notts Co

Paul Huntingdon - 100k - Notts Co

Rui Marques - 100k - Notts Co

Ben Parker - 500k - Bristol Rovers

Luciano Becchio - 1.2m - Celta

Mike Grella - 200k - Bradford

Neil Kilkenny - 1m - Coventry

Bradley Johnson - 170k - WBA

Andy Robinson - 250k - Ipswich

Lubomir Michalik - 250k - Ipswich

Tom Elliot - Loan - Hereford

Pre-season

I had a good pre-season.

Bradford - Away - 5-2 (Skela double, Smolarek hat-trick, Zeshan Rehman O.G)

Morecambe - Away - 3-3 (Will Hanning O.G, Glauber, Zaki)

Guiseley - Away - 3-0 (Ebi Smolarek hat trick)

Farsley - Away - 7-0 (Amr Zaki double, Glauber, Vieri double, Zenden, Skela)

Velez - Friendly Cup - Home - 2-0 (Smolarek double)

Porto - Friendly Cup Final - Home - 1-1 (Andy Robinson). Won 5-4 on Penalties!

Barcelona - Home - 1-3 (Pique O.G)

League

First game against Exeter now. Will give an update at the end of the month

Big changes there! Suggest that you have a look for Sebastian Viera. Possibly, along with Glauber & Smolarek, the best free signing for Leeds.

Just doing the demo with Leeds now, my side currently looks like this after some additions:

---------------------Lung Jr

Omozusi-----Bromby---------Kisnorbo----Parker

------------Howson----------Doyle

van der Meyde------Shelvey---------Snodgrass

-------------------Cristaldo

Would of liked perhaps another defender or CM but missed out on some targers, pre season has been ok so far, beating Farsley and Guiseley 7-0 and losing to Chelsea 3-0, I also beat Altrincham 3-1 however I holidayed that one ;)

Sold a few players and still have some cash to spend if anyone has suggestions or comments on my team.

hey mate how did u manage to get Lung Jr? he just refuses to come to Leeds lol x.x

Im still waiting on my game from zavvi and i cant wait for it to arrive, i was just wondering what leagues do you reccomend i load up and whats better zaki for 2million or buying cristaldo and foncesca for about 1.7million combined?

leedsmid.jpg

Into the mid point of the first season and these are the dealings during the January transfer window. I snapped up those old favourites Lewandoski & Marquinhos and generally looked to take value and improve the side.

Just lost in the FA Cup 4th Round to Spurs - I was struck by just how hard it is to get results against quality sides.

Just started up my Leeds game... didn't do too much on the transfer market because I feel the team is up to scratch for promotion as is...

In:

Jean-Joel Perrier-Doumbe - Free

Elliot Omozusi - Free

Kikin Fonseca - 725k

Rudi Skacel - Free

Out:

Alan Sheehan - 50k to Notts County (Bates intervened)

Fonseca has been fantastic so far he wouldn't look out of place in a top 10 EPL side (16 appearances 12 goals). Beckford's been scoring for fun as well (21 appearances, 18 goals in all competitions) . Skacel has bagged 7 goals so far, mainly from free kicks.

Take advantage of Bromby's throws, they can really turn a match around.

Firstly thanks to all the guys that post in this thread you guys have really given some great tips here.

Anyway thought i might add my opinion as i was terribly unlucky in pre-season with signings so i have some complete different set of player recommendations for you guys. Firstly the RB issue. I lost out on both Lauren & Omozusi plus some other bids and manage to secure the services of Alan Tate from Swansea. Cost me £500k which i really begrudged paying however his been my best performer and achieved an average rating of 7.85 (end of december) which has meant his price has also increased to just over 1million. Secondly are my 2 loan signings from Villa. I choose these as my parent club and managed to get Ciaran Clark and Isaiah Osbourne on loan. Osbourne has been good cover for the CM positions but Clark has made himself indispensable as CB alongside Kisnorbo and has a slightly better average rating of 7.35. We have currently the best conceded goals stat only letting in 5 in 15 games. Finally i loaned Nabir El Zhar from Liverpool and Gai Assulin from Arsenal. Assulin played 2 games scored in both but is no injured for 5 months so i'm not sure how good he would be over the course of a season but he definitely impressed in those games. El Zhar has been terrific on the right wing since joining, played 8 scored 2 assisted 5. The fans are loving him too. Oooo one last mention should go to Henri Camara. his my top scorer with 10 goals in 15 games and his pace destroys defensive lines if played as an advanced forward. Anyway i hope i've not bored you i've just realised the size of my post :-(

Good luck all and i'll keep you posted as to my progression (currently 2nd and in all cups).

Thanks,

My first run through of a Leeds saved, I missed out on a lot of players so I may start again, this is my team at the mo:

-------------------------Lambo

Crowe-------------Bromby----Kissy------------White/Parker

Van Der Meyde----Howson----Shelvey---------Snodgrass

---------------Zaki---------------Fonseca

Suggestions, missed most freebies, but have some cash to spend, on a quality DMC if anyone has an idea

Think I did quite well in signing terms, having got:

Lung Jr, Lee Naylor (Loan), Jean-Joel Perrier Doumbe, Glauber, Pelé, Andy Van Der Meyde, Sergey Krivets, Mark Randall (Loan) and Ebi Smolarek. Becchio and Beckford are both playing well when asked, as well as young Elliot but looking for a striker to get in January, have £1.2M although could possibly ask for more. Database must not be large enough as I don't have Fonseca, any other suggestions for a striker?

Opare from Real Madrid looks like a worthy punt at 275k, he would be the perfect solution at right back for years to come. Only issue is wp i dont know if it gets approved or not in the full version of the game

You should get it on appeal, i got him and the kid is a machine...

I'm surprised at the lack of clubs after Opare he becomes a leading player in the premiership and is available at such a knock down price, a must buy for all players playing Leeds. His physical stats are amazing and his technical stats are lacking but if you look at a few screen shots a few years in game they improve a lot.

Restarted Leeds, new squad looks like this:

-------------Higgs

Omozusi--Kissy----Glauber--Parker/White

Viudez--Appiah----Howson--Snoddy (der Meyde Back up for both wings)

-------Fonseca---Cristaldo

Hoping to add Lambo to GK, any suggestions?

I see the trend here is to buy loads of players but i havent done so and its not really necessary. I disabled the first transfer window so each team starts with the real squad they have. I'm doing very well with Leeds having 77 points from 31 games and 10 points ahead of 2nd placed team. Try it out guys, you dont really need to be buying 10+ players to do well

Just to emphasize this again I now have gotten promoted from the championship on my first try. Since the start of the game I have signed only 4 players

leedstransfers1.jpg

leedstransfers2.jpg

Above are a couple of screenies of player ins and outs. I loaded a custom database of South American players and the large database to sign them.

Along with Fonseca, the pick of the signings are Mota, Lasnik, Viera, Smolarek, Yakuba, Jaime Junior, Glauber and Bueno who are high end Championship quality.

You will see that I also added a number of high PA (from the shortlist) hot prospects.

Viera and Glauber are difficult to land, I made BIG offers to land them. They are not really replaceable for anything other than massive transfer fees, so I figured the hefty signing on fees were worth.

I'm happy to answer any questions regarding the players and my apologies over the quality of the screen shot - I'm out of practice.

A couple of quick questions. What exactly did you load along with large database. Is it Brazilian, Argentinian etc or is there an overall south american section you can load? Do you have these as playable or view only?

Also, when is it they will up your budget to over £4m. I had continued a demo save but obviously it was only small database with not many players. When I asked for a budget increase in the demo Bates said no. When do you need to ask him?

Finally, can you get more money for the players you sell in the full game as some of the money received for your players is well higher than what I could get

Thanks in advance

A couple of quick questions. What exactly did you load along with large database. Is it Brazilian, Argentinian etc or is there an overall south american section you can load? Do you have these as playable or view only?

Also, when is it they will up your budget to over £4m. I had continued a demo save but obviously it was only small database with not many players. When I asked for a budget increase in the demo Bates said no. When do you need to ask him?

Finally, can you get more money for the players you sell in the full game as some of the money received for your players is well higher than what I could get

Thanks in advance

In start up you have to select a custom option (check game guide on how to do this), then select large database and South American players. The quality of the players available for the price makes it worth doing. For example, Mota is Premiership quality.

I asked for more money towards the end of August when the season ticket sales were in and the request was granted.

I work on a rough just under double when offering out quality players.

In start up you have to select a custom option (check game guide on how to do this), then select large database and South American players. The quality of the players available for the price makes it worth doing. For example, Mota is Premiership quality.

I asked for more money towards the end of August when the season ticket sales were in and the request was granted.

I work on a rough just under double when offering out quality players.

Thanks very much will give it a try. Who are the best ones to go for then? I see you have suggested Viera as a good one. Any chance of a screen shot of him & Mota?

viera.jpg

mota.jpg

Here you go. Mota hasn't come out too well, but you'll get the idea. The screenshot of him is after I sold him to Birmingham a season later.

To land Viera you'll need to offer him a massive signing on fee, but if you want him it's worth doing because he would cost a lot to buy. All the South Americans' have dual nationality so there are no w/p issues. I'd certainly recommend Fredson, Jaime Junior, Gustavo (the DC), Bruno Montelongo, Aureliano Torres and Matias Cardacio. Just have a look at them and maybe pick up a couple to supplement your side. I wanted to attack the game hard at the outset to push up the quality of the side hence signing and then selling most of them on. It's unrealistic in a way I know.

viera.jpg

mota.jpg

Here you go. Mota hasn't come out too well, but you'll get the idea. The screenshot of him is after I sold him to Birmingham a season later.

To land Viera you'll need to offer him a massive signing on fee, but if you want him it's worth doing because he would cost a lot to buy. All the South Americans' have dual nationality so there are no w/p issues. I'd certainly recommend Fredson, Jaime Junior, Gustavo (the DC), Bruno Montelongo, Aureliano Torres and Matias Cardacio. Just have a look at them and maybe pick up a couple to supplement your side. I wanted to attack the game hard at the outset to push up the quality of the side hence signing and then selling most of them on. It's unrealistic in a way I know.

Thanks. So have you been signing these & selling them on in January to make money. Who else would you reccomend as a must have?

Thanks. So have you been signing these & selling them on in January to make money. Who else would you reccomend as a must have?

Just looking to constantly improve the side, the players I've named above are the best of the bunch. I'm just finishing the transfer dealings for the Championship and you'll see that most have been moved on and better players purchased. I'm now going to look to consolidate so thyat the side is settled for the Premiership as it will be good enough for top 6. I'll post a screenshot in a few minutes and you'll see what I mean.

o'halloran on loan from villa is a top signing for me. playing howson box to box is good too

a major tip would be to retrain sheehan as a left mid (look at his stats)

his position altered almost instantly and he's twice the player he is at LB

don't ignore aidan white in the youth team although i loaned him out

harewood is a good signing- target man, support, target to feet

van der meyde has been ok for me and has been fitter than expected

signed a lad from norwich called spillane who has been half decent at RB too

on the demo i had a go and found de laet at united to be ok for a loan, lauren was good too but couldn't get him on my current game

i'm top by 1 point with 56 points from 27

not great but could be worse. i'm about 4 clear of 3rd

transferschamp.jpg

Player purchases and (some of) the sales. Just about balanced the books after all the activity. I'm going to look to consolidate with this team in the Championship and maybe just buy a top ST and DM when I get to the Prem.

Here is what I had done in the demo. I was top after 16 games winning 13, losing 2 & drawn 1. Seems a shame to start again but in the run it will be more beneficial.

Transfers in:

A Karemi - £1.5m over 48 months

J Cristaldo - £800k

Krivets - £200k up front/£250k over 48 months

Lauren - Free

Campo - Free

Smolrak - Free

H Camara - Free

Matt Hill - Season long loan from Wolves

C Clark - Season long loan from Villa

Osbourne - Season long loan from Villa

Transfers out:

Kilkenny - £525k - west brom

Becchio - £475k - Boca

Sheehan - £200k - Notts County

Michalik - £120k - Shrewsbury

Showumni - £85k - Middlesbrough

Huntington - £26k - Chesterfield

Prutton - £40k - Preston

Hughes - £25k - QPR

Grella - £100k - can't remember

Elliott - 6 month loan - Hereford

I know I won't be able to get Cristaldo & Krivets at these prices now but may decide to get Zaki instead.

Will start a new game tonight!

transferschamp.jpg

Player purchases and (some of) the sales. Just about balanced the books after all the activity. I'm going to look to consolidate with this team in the Championship and maybe just buy a top ST and DM when I get to the Prem.

if you get into europe you're gunna be screwed on the quota rule

if you get into europe you're gunna be screwed on the quota rule

Good point, but I've also been picking up hot prospects from some of the Prem clubs (Michael Woods, Rhys Murphy, etc) when they list them and from the PA shortlist (Opare/Lambo/Muniesa etc) so should be ok when I get to European competition. If not there is either the go on holiday/leave quota spots free blags..

Archived