FM10: Official Liverpool thread - Home of El Niño

weeeman27bob

He has been pretty good actually. He's rated higher than the criminally underrated Aqualani. So he's a starer/rotated with lucas and Krivets. He's got a couple of assits in 9 performances this year and has played some good passes. Him, Lucas and Krivets are all trying to fit that Deep Lying Playmaker role. Krivets probably the most suited but not quite at the stage where he can really dominate the prem so it's handy to have the other two to help out too.

Thanks have just asked about Aquilani in the spoliers thread want to see what his CA PA is

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snap up Nicolas Otamendi, on his first start for me, against Everton, he scored and got man of the match!

I've sold Degen (£3.5m), Dossena (£6m) and Lucas (£9.75m) and I've signed Morgan Schneiderlin (£2.5m), Nicolas Otamendi (£2.9m) and Marek Hamsik (£8.5m).

So far I've played 3, drew two and won one.

Just started as liverpool. Quite a different layout to get used to.

Same here is taking me a whiule to adjust but will get there in the end its a lot better though

Snap up Nicolas Otamendi, on his first start for me, against Everton, he scored and got man of the match!

I've sold Degen (£3.5m), Dossena (£6m) and Lucas (£9.75m) and I've signed Morgan Schneiderlin (£2.5m), Nicolas Otamendi (£2.9m) and Marek Hamsik (£8.5m).

So far I've played 3, drew two and won one.

Am looking at getting Otamendi in maybe the full version of the game he has a

-10 PA

Gerrard = Trequartista. Job Done :thup: 8 goals, 6 games :cool:

Sammy lee said to play him as a playmaker so i took his advice and hes doing good but not as good as he is doing for you might give it a try what formation are you using?

Does anyone take on board the backroom advice or do you just ignore it?

Plans of things to come in the OP:

-Squad Review.

-Screenshots of all the 1st team players, + notable reserves and youth players/

-Suggested formations

- Suggested transfer targets

Anything else anyone wants?

And if anyone thinks they can think of a better name, hit me with it.

Playin a 4-2-3-1 with AML and AMR with gerrard at AMC. Gerrard now scored 12 in 8

Will give it a try and see how he gets on

Plans of things to come in the OP:

-Squad Review.

-Screenshots of all the 1st team players, + notable reserves and youth players/

-Suggested formations

- Suggested transfer targets

Anything else anyone wants?

And if anyone thinks they can think of a better name, hit me with it.

I'd say that would pretty much cover everything a better name i quite like the one youve picked if i can think of one ill let u know

Messed up in window, haven't really improved much, need a ST now for around 1m.

you should be able to get Pandev on loan

I've listened to the backroom advice so far.

Any suggestions for what role I should play Torres in?

Ive been using him as a lone striker as an advanced forward in pre season he scored 9 in 5

For e.g for backroom advice there saying to ask Aquilani and Jovetic to stop hitting the ball with such power but wouldnt that make them weaker when shooting?

Maverick do you have Gerrard set as primary playmaker in the team instructions? sammy lee recommended i select him has it so i agreed

weeeman did you get my PM?

Aquilani has defo been downgraded by a few pts last season he had

a PA of 184 i think now he has a PA of 178

Oh well there's a bloody surprise :rolleyes:

I'm sure I said that on the other thread - Lucas had

a PA of 184

On an earlier FM before we bought him, and as soon as he came to Liverpool he was

downgraded to 174, and now it's 162 or something stupid

Also, Fernando Torres had a

PA of 193

on an earlier FM, but now it's

"only" 189 (or it was on FM09)

Not much of a difference, but moves him from Truly outstanding down to 'just' great (if you get what I mean). :D

I swear there's a conspiracy against Liverpool. :mad:

PS - sorry about all the spoilers

I'm not starting a Liverpool save until the full version is released mate. Little point - I'll need to have a plan for the future with them because of the condition the club is in, but 6 months of a demo will just be torture :D

I'm not starting a Liverpool save until the full version is released mate. Little point - I'll need to have a plan for the future with them because of the condition the club is in, but 6 months of a demo will just be torture :D

This save am having on the demo is so i can get used to the new layout and get a good look at the squad and transfer targets e.t.c

I was surprised to see Aquilani stats like this. I remember it was pretty good on 09. Neverless he can still score some decent long shots. Rated as 'decent player' only by Sammy Lee.

I'm not surprised in the slightest.

OMG you cant import tactics from FM 2009 to FM 2010 oh well ill just have 2 make my own 4-2-3-1 tactic & hope it goes well.

Have you ever been able to import tactics from one game to the next?

Quite a challenge this year isn't it? :eek::(

More debt, less funds, awful squad (in comparison to our rivals' squads)

...and yet FM makes us 5-2 joint favourites for the title despite having half the squad for Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal, Man City or even Tottenham.

How are people using Gerrard? I've got him running around doing what he wants, havn't started the season yet, so I don't know how that will work. Ive got Kuyt as a winger tracking back and cutting inside and Johnson bombing forward so hopefully that could prove as lethal as what it has so far irl

One thing ive found annoying is Aquiliani's lack of Dm position now.

I tend to play 4-2-3-1 with 2 DMs , one as DMdefend(Masch) the other DMsupport or deep lying playmaker.

Lucas i have found is playing really well for me while Aquilani's been out injured.

I would have liked to play Aquilani as the Deep lying playmaker role in DM position, but maybe i'll have to move him upto the CM . /shrug

Not really bought many on this go round as i wanted to try the players we have already in the "natural" positions. So far it seems Babel is as pathetic as he is in RL, Kuyt is a good Backup striker and OK as in inside forward on wing but there are much better players to pick up.

Saivet is actually a natural at AMR now and i got him on loan , doing ok so far.

Normally i dont change coaches but after checking ours i did . 5 fitness and 3 GK coaches i lol'd and sacked some :)

Its certainly going to be a challenge with the sub par squad we have. The key to our squad is getting good backup for Gerrard/Torres and our players workrate/teamwork.

Haven't had chance to get best of Gerrard yet due to a 3 month injury, but i hope to play him as a box-to-box mid or advanced playmaker from midfield to get the best from his stats. And the fact i believe he is best suited to central midfield.

Im not having much luck getting my wingers/inside forwards cutting in even though the have the right settings. Maybe just player issue. Will buy better on next save.

Tactics side, well i seem to keep changing from 4-2-3-1 and 4-1-2-2-1 too often for my liking, along with moving central mids to DM, and back again.

Archived