FM10: Official Liverpool thread - Home of El Niño

weeeman27bob

No i sell all my players for money all upfront if i can but all the players i buy i make the deal over 48 months if i can so not much comes off my budget

Unlucky mate Torres and Gerrard :cool:

Haha

impressive to get to 2nd in the league with the squad you are given. problem with this game is if you want to be liverpool, you're going to have no transfer budget until 2020, even if you win things. 2.5mill a month payments for the debt. madness. you just have to hope someone comes in and buys the club and cleared the debt.

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a challenge. That's the fun of it. :cool:

Anyway I'm having a mighty headache right now during the winter window. Ballack, Deco, Ruud, Roberto Carlos are all available on a free. And they have mega stats!

I have a nice young team built around Stevie G and Nando Torres.

Hamsik, Camacho, Zapata are some of the guys I'm trying to groom. Ngog is up from the reserves too. I've made my mind up to sign Ruud because Ngog is too weak to play alone upfront if Torres is injured.

Need opinions on Ballack, Deco, Carlos! :p

Edit: Sorry, for Ballack to transfer right away would cost below 3.5m; Deco is priced at less than 1m. Carlos and Ruud are free.

Took lfc7's advice and made some nice signings over 48months; Considered getting Villa but ended up going for Silva who was cheaper and younger - 5M upfront with 20M over 48months;

FM10Transfers.jpg

When everyone is fit my first team will look like this which i'm really looking forward to seeing them in action;

FirstTeam-WhenFit.jpg

Reina has ended up wasnting a new challenge but i'm doing everything i can to keep him happy, Athletico Madrid are interested the only way they can get him is offereing Asenjo and Forlan and i'd probably bite their hand off. I think after a few games he'll be alright though then i'll offer him a nice new contract.

First game of the season was Aston Villa at Villa Park.

Gerrard slotted in a pen on 9mins.

Nando came out on fire scoring 2 before half time then scored his hat-trick during the 2nd half. Game finished 4-0 to The Reds.

Silva had just come back from injury so brought him on for the last 15mins whilst we were 4-0 up and he made a good impact looking sharp and quick down the wing.

Have around 5M left and could do with another CM until Aquilani returns.. I'm worried incase Gerrard or Masch pick up a injury or ban as i'll be buggered. Any suggestions?

Cheers, i'll have a look at them.. yeah i got to greedy when i was offered 9.75M for Lucas and let him go.. Got loads of new players yet didn't think to replace him..

I mean Van Der Vaart can play there i have him on loan with the option to pay 6M when it's finished doubt i will though tbh.

Viera and Cambiasso may be worth gettin on the cheap as back-up or even try get someone on loan.

MH2k... thats some great work in the transfer market. well done. ive saved your screenshot and will be starting a new game when i get home, without deleting liverpools debt this time.

last season i dont think i got through an entire season at all with any team. not sure what went wrong. but FM09 seems to have been slated far and wide so that could explain it, although i thought i enjoyed it!! :)

aquilani has been performing superbly for me. gets lots of assists and scores plenty of great goals. he even manages to score at times i need the goals most and in the derby/rival games i wouldnt think of selling him at all :D

I have Gerrard and Hamsik that can play in his positions, and they seem to do it a lot better than him! I gave him a run of about 5 games when Gerrard was injured, and he was playing terrible, i ended up dropping him for Adam Pepper who scored a 30 yard screamer and has 3 assists in 5 games! :eek:

Just a tip for anyone looking to buy Keko or the other wonderkid from Atletico (can't remember his name now sorry). To avoid paying their release clause don't just offer them a contract. Make Atletico an offer of £0 and they will accept it. Happy days.

Cheers mate, i did a similar thing copying lfc7's screenshot so credit to him also.. as i say over 48months you can manage to get most players which with our debt works out great paying in installments as long as you dont go over-board i've managed to make around 48M in selling players and signings made come to around 45M so i should stay in the green whilst paying for the players.

Offer the players out for the prices i've recieved on the first day you start and you will manage to get most the money yourself to splash out as you wish.

David Silva i think and De Maria are must buys as they've been superb so far this season.. Otamendi was also a great buy who has already established a first team spot along with Carra although Agger's return will push the competition.

As i say just get it all sorted on that first day and your laughing.. At first i thought wow this is guna be tricky this year as money is a big problem but it's worked out well so far.. currently sitting in 4th in the table with a game in hand which can push me up to 2nd so fingers crossed.

On the reserves i filtered it to assistant reports and anyone 1star or under just got released as they just add to the wages.

Also sack your first team coach Pelligrino and get Valter Di Salvo, sack a couple of coaches and get Franco Baldini, Ray Clemence and Brian Eastick.

Boca i should of done that myself but paying 1.3M wasn't to bad lol. Keko is looking like a future star currently being tutored by Silva..

and Koke is the other wonderkid your refering to right?.. just managed to get him on the free and Sammy Lee thinks he will do a good job for us :)..

Get him to learn from Mascherano straight away as he says he wants to learn from him when you get him.

Just a tip for anyone looking to buy Keko or the other wonderkid from Atletico (can't remember his name now sorry). To avoid paying their release clause don't just offer them a contract. Make Atletico an offer of £0 and they will accept it. Happy days.

That's not very smart from Atletico. Usually when it comes to good players they are smarter than that. :D

I have Gerrard and Hamsik that can play in his positions, and they seem to do it a lot better than him! I gave him a run of about 5 games when Gerrard was injured, and he was playing terrible, i ended up dropping him for Adam Pepper who scored a 30 yard screamer and has 3 assists in 5 games! :eek:

tbh with you if i had hamsik he woudnt get into my team either and i must agree with the adam pepper. he is going to turn into a great player i had a game againt the reserves he took a 40 yard shot and put it past reina like he wasnt even there. definently gerrard material.

anybody keeping an eye on nathan delfounso from aston villa? i thought he was showing a bit of potential in a game i saw against my reserves to i took a chance on him he is currently out on loan to shefield utd, was nottingham forrest last year (my previous feeder team) but he played so well he got them promoted with his goals. 7 youth caps 7 youth goals looks like he will develop into quite a player. whats he like in anyone elses save?

tbh with you if i had hamsik he woudnt get into my team either and i must agree with the adam pepper. he is going to turn into a great player i had a game againt the reserves he took a 40 yard shot and put it past reina like he wasnt even there. definently gerrard material.

anybody keeping an eye on nathan delfounso from aston villa? i thought he was showing a bit of potential in a game i saw against my reserves to i took a chance on him he is currently out on loan to shefield utd, was nottingham forrest last year (my previous feeder team) but he played so well he got them promoted with his goals. 7 youth caps 7 youth goals looks like he will develop into quite a player. whats he like in anyone elses save?

I have Gerrard tutoring Pepper, hopefully it'll help him be half the player Gerrard is!

I haven't been watching Delfuenso too much tbh, was keeping an eye on Nile Ranger from Newcastle. Has good pace, strength and his heading and finishing are impressive.

Transfer window has closed and considering we had very little money we we're the most active club signing a total of 11 players.

Liverpool managed to fund the biggest transfer of the window David Silva by selling 22 players.

Gutted though spent all my time finding a CM.. last day i decided on Koke as i just find out he's free and forgot i could of done with a RB cover aswell. :(

After Chelsea make some signings they now decided to give them the ban til september 2010! nice one.

ive just started scouting nile ranger myself. as well as a few other young english proespects and ive had a regen come through with the potential that is "not far off becoming better than gerrard" i have high hopes for him. keep an eye on delfounso he seems to be turning out quite a player on my save. even worth a scout if you want to see his ability for yourself or confirm i was just lucky :D

Transfer window has closed and considering we had very little money we we're the most active club signing a total of 11 players.

Liverpool managed to fund the biggest transfer of the window David Silva by selling 22 players.

Gutted though spent all my time finding a CM.. last day i decided on Koke as i just find out he's free and forgot i could of done with a RB cover aswell. :(

After Chelsea make some signings they now decided to give them the ban til september 2010! nice one.

Good signing getting Silva in :cool:

Carra can always cover RB. He played there for me a few times last season. He isn't impressive going forward but he is capable of filling in if needed! :thup:

I know Silva and De Maria are guna tear defence's apart!

I'll point out again if people want Silva.. 5M upfront - 20M over 48months! :thup:

And completely forgot about Carra as RB.. cheers i'm sure he can do a good job if needed just try tell him not to get forward much :cool:

ive just started scouting nile ranger myself. as well as a few other young english proespects and ive had a regen come through with the potential that is "not far off becoming better than gerrard" i have high hopes for him. keep an eye on delfounso he seems to be turning out quite a player on my save. even worth a scout if you want to see his ability for yourself or confirm i was just lucky :D

He does look quite good tbf, but Villa haven't loaned him out in my game, and he only has 2 goals in 28 games :(

I know Silva and De Maria are guna tear defence's apart!

I'll point out again if people want Silva.. 5M upfront - 20M over 48months!

And completely forgot about Carra as RB.. cheers i'm sure he can do a good job if needed just try tell him not to get forward much :cool:

I bought Gourcouff instead of Silva. Can't really complain though, he's pretty awesome as an inside forward, scored 10 in 15 games so far :)

I've bought:

Dzeko 24 million

Bernardo 8 million

Afellay 10 million

Di Maria 4.5 million

Milito 6.5 million

Gorlitz 2.5 million

Areola 300k

Munian 2.9million

Ninis 7.5 million

Ruud Van Nistlerooy 1.7 million

Jadsen Free

Here is my transfers from my new save (fingers crossed it dosent crash)

transfersseason1fm10.jpg

My squad now looks like this

GK - Reina - Areola

DR - Johnson - Carra

DL - Insua - Mattock

DC - Carra - Skrtel

DC - Agger - Otamendi

CM(D) - Mascherano - Lucas

CM(A) - Aquilani - Buonanotte

AMR - Di Salvio - Gerrard

AML - Di Maria - Riera

AMC - Gerrard - VDV

ST - Torres - Villa - Lukaku

Am still trying to get 1 or 2 loans in if i can but my wages are 33K in the rd due to the Villa deal

Also Gerrard was on fire in pre-season am hoping he takes this form in to the season

stevieg.jpg

You got David Villa and play with one upfront?

Are you crazy?

my back up left back has just got injured for 3 months aurelio is already out injured so its upto insua to not get injured and play well. im also throwing pepper into the deep end and starting him in gerrards position for a few games to give him some experience as no team wanted to loan him. has anyone had problems with that? other teams making loan offers for your players saying "he will become a valuable member of the first team" then he ends up playing in thier reserves all season long.

my back up left back has just got injured for 3 months aurelio is already out injured so its upto insua to not get injured and play well. im also throwing pepper into the deep end and starting him in gerrards position for a few games to give him some experience as no team wanted to loan him. has anyone had problems with that? other teams making loan offers for your players saying "he will become a valuable member of the first team" then he ends up playing in thier reserves all season long.

Insua IS my starting LB! He played well last season, avg rating of 7.25 in 42 games. I bought Mattock as back-up so i have to trust in the youth :)

I keep getting told that "They are targeting other players for loan" after they have made me an offer to loan my players, seems a bit strange tbh...

alright. when i get home from work im starting a brand new game so i can participate in this banter. would feel totally left out with millions in the bank ;)

has anyone kept Babel and if so, is he performing or is he as inconsistent/incompetent as real life?

OMG i cant belive u got silva :o im on the 1st jan eason one gonan flog kuyt and benny to try and get silva :D

i had been leading the prem somehow surpassing the might of chelski (btw anyone noticed how well this LFC team play in big matches)

however gerrard out for 3-4 months with a torn calf and that has crippled my team he was in incrdible form :/

lost 2-0 at home to pompy ...... i know !!!!! and just lost... wait for it .... 4-0 :S at west ham (tbf i was on overload when the last two went in)

i liek to play with one deffinsive minded and one attacking minded cm as is standard e.g. mascherano, riquelme but i have noticed R and aquillani work fantastically together anyone else noticed two players of this mould working well together??

Just got the game from Zavvi :D Of course I am now about to start a file with the reds, and will not be transfer listing any first team players, not even voronin unless a good bid comes in. I just want to add a liuttle depth to positions such as CM, ST, DC, and possibly a winger. Will tell you how I get on.

As you can see i flogged loads lol! Doing really well so far although haven't played many games.

If i get a nice budget next season there will only be one signing and i hope it to be Aguero or Villa!

Although with the 8 english players rule i may go after a english player in Ashley Young and play Silva just behind Nando.

Thinking of bringing in Joe Hart as back-up aswell i have Areloa as my only back-up and at the age of 16 he's not expierienced enough to come in even in Cup games, although i may still put him out in the Carling Cup and FA. Hart is available for around 4.4M but wouldn't get him yet anyway as he's on loan and transfer window is closed.

lfc7 thinks he's all good getting Villa but he won't be smiling when he goes bankrupt next season i've signed 45M worth of players and made 48M in sales so i should cope just fine ;)

(Only joking lfc7 :p )

no matter what tactic i use i just cant seem to create a successful tactic for the premier league. champions league my tactics work well, cup games struggle but manage to win on occasion with the tactic other times its just plain lucky. the premiership however is somewhere i fail to make an impact. ive just had sunderland score 2 against me within 13 minutes of the game starting and im currently sitting in 9th. not quite sure what to make of the tactics creator.

i wont blame the players as im a firm believer of the line "its your tactics" they are working for other competitions just not the league.

2rq0ysx.png

Unlucky

hi all,

long long time since i have posted on the forums. its good to be back.

i am (only) a little ashamed to admit that i used the editor to delete liverpools debtEach to their own its your gamebefore i started the game. i enjoy buying players and spending money, so 2mill would ruin it for me...not my fault the americans ruined LFC!!

anywho... enjoying the game. like the new tactics and news subscriptions.

in real life, i think liverpool are in big trouble. id say if you lose torres and gerrard in the game, you'd be in big trouble too.

jsut to let you know... i managed to set up a swap deal for Ashley Young and Ryan Babel. Villa were keen but Babel rejected the move. Pity. Have no idea how some people got 8-9mill each for Dossena and Voronin.offer Dossena out for exactly £10M on day 1 and Man city will come in with a £9.5M bid all upfront there's something very wrong there when everyone else is getting 3mill for voronin and 5mill max for dossena. spoofers?

anyway, dont feel like i can contribute too much to this thread this year since i've technically cheated already and therefore my results and career will be irrelevent but i may dip in and out.

take care,

Matt

It's a challenge. That's the fun of it.

Anyway I'm having a mighty headache right now during the winter window. Ballack, Deco, Ruud, Roberto Carlos are all available on a free. And they have mega stats!

I have a nice young team built around Stevie G and Nando Torres.

Hamsik, Camacho, Zapata are some of the guys I'm trying to groom. Ngog is up from the reserves too. I've made my mind up to sign Ruud because Ngog is too weak to play alone upfront if Torres is injured.

Need opinions on Ballack, Deco, Carlos!

Edit: Sorry, for Ballack to transfer right away would cost below 3.5m; Deco is priced at less than 1m. Carlos and Ruud are free.

If they can be good backup or good tutors then go for it

Took lfc7's advice and made some nice signings over 48months; Considered getting Villa but ended up going for Silva who was cheaper and younger - 5M upfront with 20M over 48months;

FM10Transfers.jpg

When everyone is fit my first team will look like this which i'm really looking forward to seeing them in action;

FirstTeam-WhenFit.jpg

Reina has ended up wasnting a new challenge but i'm doing everything i can to keep him happy, Athletico Madrid are interested the only way they can get him is offereing Asenjo and Forlan and i'd probably bite their hand off. I think after a few games he'll be alright though then i'll offer him a nice new contract.

First game of the season was Aston Villa at Villa Park.

Gerrard slotted in a pen on 9mins.

Nando came out on fire scoring 2 before half time then scored his hat-trick during the 2nd half. Game finished 4-0 to The Reds.

Silva had just come back from injury so brought him on for the last 15mins whilst we were 4-0 up and he made a good impact looking sharp and quick down the wing.

Have around 5M left and could do with another CM until Aquilani returns.. I'm worried incase Gerrard or Masch pick up a injury or ban as i'll be buggered. Any suggestions?

nice ins and outs for cm look at Buonanotte hes done great for me i have him alongside Mascha in cm as advanced playmaker(support)

Cheers mate, i did a similar thing copying lfc7's screenshot so credit to him also..Thanks as i say over 48months you can manage to get most players which with our debt works out great paying in installments as long as you dont go over-board i've managed to make around 48M in selling players and signings made come to around 45M so i should stay in the green whilst paying for the players.

Offer the players out for the prices i've recieved on the first day you start and you will manage to get most the money yourself to splash out as you wish.

David Silva i think and De Maria are must buys as they've been superb so far this season.. Otamendi was also a great buy who has already established a first team spot along with Carra although Agger's return will push the competition.

As i say just get it all sorted on that first day and your laughing.. At first i thought wow this is guna be tricky this year as money is a big problem but it's worked out well so far.. currently sitting in 4th in the table with a game in hand which can push me up to 2nd so fingers crossed.

On the reserves i filtered it to assistant reports and anyone 1star or under just got released as they just add to the wages.

Also sack your first team coach Pelligrino and get Valter Di Salvo, sack a couple of coaches and get Franco Baldini, Ray Clemence and Brian Eastick.

Boca i should of done that myself but paying 1.3M wasn't to bad lol. Keko is looking like a future star currently being tutored by Silva..

and Koke is the other wonderkid your refering to right?.. just managed to get him on the free and Sammy Lee thinks he will do a good job for us

Get him to learn from Mascherano straight away as he says he wants to learn from him when you get him.

I put Sammy Lee as coach and got Valter Di Salvo as Assistant

I have Gerrard tutoring Pepper, hopefully it'll help him be half the player Gerrard is!

I haven't been watching Delfuenso too much tbh, was keeping an eye on Nile Ranger from Newcastle. Has good pace, strength and his heading and finishing are impressive.

Same here

Gutted though spent all my time finding a CM.. last day i decided on Koke as i just find out he's free and forgot i could of done with a RB cover aswell.

Am using Carra as my backup RB or theres S.Darby :)

My tactic is working wonders 4-2-3-1;

Reina

Johnson, Carra, Otamendi, Insua

Mascherano, VDV (until Aquilani is fit)

De Maria, Gerrard, Silva

Nando

Buonanotte looks like a great buy - when January transfer window opens even though Aquilani will be fit, i'll defo have to try get him.

Yeah sticking with Carra for now as cover - got too many CB's yet Sammy Lee still thinks i need cover - Agger, Skrtel, Otamendi, Carra and Kyrgiakos.

What more does he want me to do? Then again he does say defender so he may mean a full back.. His report shows that i do lack a LB, Insua and Mattock probably aren't good enough but being skint now i'll have to wait a while to replace them or even put Agger there.

ive just spent quite a while developing 2 more tactics, one for the bigger teams chelsea, man utd, arsenal ect.. and one for the smaller teams, nottingham forrest, hull newcastle ect... well they are theory tactics untested against teams yet but im hoping the time i put in will have an effect on the results ive been getting. im guna need to start bringing in some youth players too as my reserves just arent upto it if i get a major injury crisis like i get every year. any suggestions for each position?

My tactic is working wonders 4-2-3-1;

Reina

Johnson, Carra, Otamendi, Insua

Mascherano, VDV (until Aquilani is fit)

De Maria, Gerrard, Silva

Nando

Buonanotte looks like a great buy - when January transfer window opens even though Aquilani will be fit, i'll defo have to try get him.

Yeah sticking with Carra for now as cover - got too many CB's yet Sammy Lee still thinks i need cover - Agger, Skrtel, Otamendi, Carra and Kyrgiakos.

What more does he want me to do? Then again he does say defender so he may mean a full back.. His report shows that i do lack a LB, Insua and Mattock probably aren't good enough but being skint now i'll have to wait a while to replace them or even put Agger there.

Otamendi has been performing good alongside Carra. Agger and Skrtel havent got back in to the team yet :)

ive just spent quite a while developing 2 more tactics, one for the bigger teams chelsea, man utd, arsenal ect.. and one for the smaller teams, nottingham forrest, hull newcastle ect... well they are theory tactics untested against teams yet but im hoping the time i put in will have an effect on the results ive been getting. im guna need to start bringing in some youth players too as my reserves just arent upto it if i get a major injury crisis like i get every year. any suggestions for each position?

I'd reccomend a 4-2-3-1 tactic, it's worked well for me tbh.

Are you in your first or second season? If it's your first i'd reccomend waiting a few months and seeing if any good newgens turn up. I found a player who " Has the ability to be as good as Gerrard" whilst scouting Germany. He's only 15 but looks like he could be awesome :)

Otamendi has been performing good alongside Carra. Agger and Skrtel havent got back in to the team yet :)

I know Otamendi is staying as 1st choice CB for a while he's been brilliant.. Agger and Skrtel can play in the Cup matches! :p

I'd reccomend a 4-2-3-1 tactic, it's worked well for me tbh.

Are you in your first or second season? If it's your first i'd reccomend waiting a few months and seeing if any good newgens turn up. I found a player who " Has the ability to be as good as Gerrard" whilst scouting Germany. He's only 15 but looks like he could be awesome :)

2nd season. ive had one i mentioned about "isnt far off of having the potential to be better than gerrard" come through my youth system.

4-2-3-1 is one of the tactics ive created and just tested it in a game against reading in the league cup. i won 3-1 so its looking positive but cant really judge after just one game.

is anyone else not getting complete scout reports for players at your club? i have a few players there with

"hans backe considers jose manuel reina to be the best goalkeeper at the club, but areola isnt anywhere near that standard"

no details on what level he is currently at like i have for other players.

"hans backe is of the opinion that areola isnt far from having the potential to be better than jose manuel reina"

again no potential level rating, where is he? good premier division player? leading premier division player?

i have the missing info on other players and thier current and potential ability but for others i dont have it. is it a bug or am i just missing something?

anyone try Guti on loan? and what about Babel? waste of space, just get rid?

Me. I had Guti on loan. He's solid but nothing special. 1 goal, 2 assists, 1 MoM in 15 starts.

I sent him packing back to Madrid during winter as my Hamsik is more exciting! Apart from the odd immature mistakes sometimes. :D

Is Mutu ineligable?

And Plessis may aswell be sold.. better youngsters you can get on the cheap tbh.

Also.. Lukaku - 16years old - ST- 3(4) appearances - 3goals. Looks like nice cover for Nando :p

Archived