Sports Interactive Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

weeeman27bob

FM10: Official Liverpool thread - Home of El Niño

I offered £1m loan fee plus £3.1M Future fee just incase he turned out good

Sorry to be moaning as we are all doing quite well,im currently third in the league but im unbeaten in 15,winning my last six so im gunning them down! Man C are walking the league though..Liverpool have to be the most underrated team in the game,some of Arsenals kids would make this team..Aquilani two stars??? Really?? He should be easily be 3..3 1.5...

Its probably been mentioned before. But Pandev is a great back-up for Torres. You can get him on loan, and Ive also successfully swapped him for Dossena in another save, which is a decent trade... Besides being a back-up for Torres, he can be trained to play the attacking mid (right) quite well

Sorry to be moaning as we are all doing quite well,im currently third in the league but im unbeaten in 15,winning my last six so im gunning them down! Man C are walking the league though..Liverpool have to be the most underrated team in the game,some of Arsenals kids would make this team..Aquilani two stars??? Really?? He should be easily be 3..3 1.5...

yh i dont know why aquilani has been so downgraded from last year, he had a 19 for long shots! benayoun also has quite **** poor stats other than that i think its about right for all the players

Have you guys ever wondered about Liverpool going bankrupt in the game? Would that put the club in administration and have points deducted from the league next season? I have quite a few 48 months payments going on. Vargas, Hamsik, Zapata, Ashley Young. I've sold 20m+ worth of players but I'm still worried that the club would go bust.

I'm confident of winning the league and going far in Europe though. It would help financially I guess. I need advice from anyone who had finished a season or two, and is currently paying off transfers over 48 months. How does it affect? And to what extent do you need to sell players?

Have you guys ever wondered about Liverpool going bankrupt in the game? Would that put the club in administration and have points deducted from the league next season? I have quite a few 48 months payments going on. Vargas, Hamsik, Zapata, Ashley Young. I've sold 20m+ worth of players but I'm still worried that the club would go bust.

I'm confident of winning the league and going far in Europe though. It would help financially I guess. I need advice from anyone who had finished a season or two, and is currently paying off transfers over 48 months. How does it affect? And to what extent do you need to sell players?

on the game what difference does paying transfers over monthly installments make to paying them in one sum? does the money not get taken out of your budget anyway however you pay?

I coudlnt see them going bust or anything as long as you do well in Europe and League you should be alryt.

For winning the league i got £22million, then another £30 million in Tv rights for the next season. I then went on to reduce the wage bill by ~£200,000. I think as long as you are sensible with the amount of transers in you make per season, and only bid for those who you really need, not just "Luxury" players.

Im currently £15m in the red and it is still the first season! No major signings,i bought keko for £1.3m and other similar deals,im praying i finish in the top 3 as i really need the prize money.

Regarding Aquilani..i was hoping to build my side around him,Gerrard and Torres but at two stars,he`ll be gone by next season.

on the game what difference does paying transfers over monthly installments make to paying them in one sum? does the money not get taken out of your budget anyway however you pay?

No, only a small sum gets taken out. The rest of the fee is like a debt which you pay every month. It would really eat into your finances over time but you can make more transfers with a limited budget.

I spent 50m+ with a 13m+ budget. But I always sell for cash upfront. Recouped 20m+ so far.

2m+ in the red in January. I'm hoping to sell Kuyt for a decent price although I really don't wanna see a Liverpool hero go.

No, only a small sum gets taken out. The rest of the fee is like a debt which you pay every month. It would really eat into your finances over time but you can make more transfers with a limited budget.

I spent 50m+ with a 13m+ budget. But I always sell for cash upfront. Recouped 20m+ so far.

2m+ in the red in January. I'm hoping to sell Kuyt for a decent price although I really don't wanna see a Liverpool hero go.

oh i see, cant believe i havent been doing that! i sold kuyt for 14.5m to chelsea. sell sell sell limited player in the game.

thinking about signing him but the 2 for strength is putting me off, did u just offer 1m in loan fee or any other clauses?

Yeah, the low strength on buonatte and Salvo but me off buying these guys, tho maybe tutored by the likes of Gerrard and out on a more physical training regime might up it to what id call premier standards.

Not to mention the low workrate and teamwork stats :/

January transfer window and I've signed John Fleck on loan from Rangers, Dudu from Cruzeiro on loan (scored on his debut against Spurs in a 2 - 2 draw) and Deco from Chelsea for £650 on an 18 month deal.

Yeah, the low strength on buonatte and Salvo but me off buying these guys, tho maybe tutored by the likes of Gerrard and out on a more physical training regime might up it to what id call premier standards.

Not to mention the low workrate and teamwork stats :/

Am not worried about his strength as he just puts the balls through to Torres/Gerrard i have Mascha as a ball winning mid to clean up

As for Salvio i wouldnt worry about his TW/WR as hes doing what he should be after 4 games both have made promising starts

Buonanotte has just got young player of the month for Aug and Goal of the month his 30 yarder past W.Ham

buonanotte.jpg

salvio.jpg

Deco from Chelsea for £650 on an 18 month deal.

That sounds like a good deal to me. Are you paying his wages in full?

That sounds like a good deal to me. Are you paying his wages in full?

I bought him so yes. I figure I don't lose out really. He's still not a bad player and in the role I bought him to cover he should do well. Fingers crossed anyway

Gerrard World Footballer of the year. He didn't win European Footballer of the year though or Midfielder of the year. So he's the best player in the World but not in Europe or in his position. How bizarre!

GerrardWorldFootballeroftheyear.jpg

I bought him so yes. I figure I don't lose out really. He's still not a bad player and in the role I bought him to cover he should do well. Fingers crossed anyway

you bought him for £650?! what a coup.

if i got someone like say di maria tutored by gerrard, does this mean his stats will be built in a similar way to gerrard or is there something else to it? both on the same training schedule.

are any of the rest of you guys losing upwards of 5 million every month due to paying back loans?

are any of the rest of you guys losing upwards of 5 million every month due to paying back loans?

Yeah something like that. I'm not worrying though.

you bought him for £650?! what a coup.

Yeah he was transfer listed. Ballack was too. There are quite a few what you'd call big name players listed in the January window.

Yeah he was transfer listed. Ballack was too. There are quite a few what you'd call big name players listed in the January window.

1st season jan window?

1st season jan window?

Yeah 1st season. Sylvestre was also listed Julio Baptista, Ruud Van Nistlechin, Luis Saha, Patrick Viera also listed. I know they're all coming to the end of their careers but still would represent bargains if you needed short term cover for injuries or suspensions.

why not????

Because I'm clear at the top of the league and have just reached The League Cup Final and all that brings in money. I'm well within transfer and wage budgets. The more succesful you you are the more finances you can bring in.

Because I'm clear at the top of the league and have just reached The League Cup Final and all that brings in money. I'm well within transfer and wage budgets. The more succesful you you are the more finances you can bring in.

im top of the league aswel like.....just means most of your prize money is going towards paying off the debt

do you need to start a new save when you update the patch?

No you can carry on it will update bugs e.t.c you only need to start a new save if you wanted to make use of any player data changes

Getting absolutely no consistancy whatsoever. One game I can win 3-0 and then the next I struggle. Only 6 games into league season 1 but have 3 wins and 3 defeats (Hull, Fulham and Arsenal).

What formations you guys using to be winning these leagues?

Hey guys. Just started my usual Liverpool game and wanted to share some comments and get some ideas. Playing a 4-4-1-1

December first season ... playing pretty well at the moment although not very consistent. I think i'm finally getting a hang of this build. Was leaking quite a few goals in the beginning but i think i've sorted that out.

Sitting 3rd after 15 games .... first team being .... wait for it ..... EVERTON!!!(only up by 3 points) dun dun dunnnnn . I don't understand how but they've been flying in my game. They just snapped my 6 game winning streak. Beat me 2-1. I have vowed my revenge.

Signings(all fees in pounds):

Enyeama - 250 000. Decent back up for a great price. Bought him cuz i sold Cavalieri

Di maria - 4.7M . Pretty solid left winger ... leads teams in assists already. a little too inconsistent sometimes but great value for money

Chinedu Obasi - 9.5M . I'm quite surprised i haven't seen him mentioned more often here. I think he has pretty good stats for right wing. Although hasn't been lighting the world on fire ... still trying to settle and gel with the team. Pretty solid. Scored a beautiful free kick from well outside the area on his debut.

Danielle De Rossi - 25M - What can i say .... i have no idea how i managed to snap him up for that price. Definitely my best signing ... the man scores some incredible screamers. 20 games ... 6 goals all guaranteed to be outside the box. Had him as a box to box mid but changed him to advanced playmaker and he's been on fire. Get him if you can ... you won't be disappointed.

Outs are the usual suspects ... the voronin, lucas, dossena, benayoun, degen, cavalieri, plesis.

January window rolling up soon ... just got Jovetic for 15.7M coming in january... probably will sell riera and play jov and di maria on the left.

Now i need some assistance. I really wanna upgrade the left back position as i think that's the weakest point of my team. Who do you guys recommend as a good left back. I haven't really seen any that grab my attention. And also need a good preferably young, with a huge upside, striker as backup for torres. Was thinking about Dzeko. ... but i'm unsure... ? any suggestions ... or any people who have tried dzeko?

Thanks People

YNWA

Ps. Who's playing your right winger position and how have they been doing? need suggestions for right wing as well.

Sykwitit08, Hi

I have re-trained Jovetic to AMR and play him on the right wing with Di Maria on the left, he has been amazing

Try Mattock or Vargas for left back, on my save I have slighty upped Insua's PA but after watching the Fulham game at the weekend i think im wrong.

currently top in my first season 2 points ahead of man city

here is my first 11

reina

johnson carra agger kahladze

lucas masch

gerrard jovotic

aqulliani

torres

at the moment tho ive gt gerrard out and mash both with long term injuries

I'm still in pre season and have won my first three games but a couple of issues have cropped up -

1. Reina wants out. Written transfer request which I've turned down but worried about his reaction now.

2. Did a swap deal for Pandev with Dossena going to Lazio but the greedy bugger turned them down because he wanted more money. Now Lazio won't do a straight deal for less than £12.75m which I don't have.

3. I'm having trouble shifting players. £5M is the most I can get for Babel. Clubs only seem to want Dossena and Voronin on loan although there is lots of interest in Lucas and Aurelio, neither of whom I want to sell. Degen has gone to Stoke for £2.8m in the only outgoing deal so far.

I'm just going into December on my game, but struggling in 6th place in the league. Frightenly realistic - I beat Man Utd 3-1 to hopefully kickstart the season but then promptly went and lost 1-0 to Stoke having dominated the match. Almost qualified for the knockout stages of the CL though - if I win my last game against Partizan (at Anfield) I'm through.

I'm really struggling with the transfer side of things though and would appreciate any help. The main problem is the way in which the board only allow me to have 35% of the transfer money that I sell players for. This, combined with the fact you only get 2M at the start is pretty rubbish.

Anyway, I'm going to try a couple of different tactics now including a diamond 4-4-2 and a 4-2-3-1 formation. I've already tried a normal 4-4-2, 4-3-3 and 4-3-1-2 formations and had no real success.

The main problem seems to be a lack of marking at corners and free-kicks. In the Stoke game, in the 85th minute, they got a freekick on the left wing which was passed to Sidebe, who was unmarked in the centre of the box and was given all the time in the world to finish! Grrr....

Let you know how I get on.

3. I'm having trouble shifting players. £5M is the most I can get for Babel. Clubs only seem to want Dossena and Voronin on loan although there is lots of interest in Lucas and Aurelio, neither of whom I want to sell. Degen has gone to Stoke for £2.8m in the only outgoing deal so far.

I managed to get £7.5M for Babel off of Man City (typical). But that was before I realised that I only got 35% of any transfer fee.....oh dear.

lfc7 - All i can say about your transfers on the previous page.. you best win the treble to get back some of the money you owe out..

And if you go bankrupt and ruin our beloved LFC i'll never talk to you again :p

Also i notice alot of people sell to City as they offer the big money but why sell players to a rival team challenging for the title then i thought to myself.. If City want the likes of Dossena and Babel.. even Lucas they're welcome to them as it's better than them getting some world class players.

Also i installed the 10.1.0 patch yet it still says on my game it's only v10.0.0 does this mean the update hasn't worked?

Another thing i hear that it's possible to sign Ignacio Camacho for 2.5million.. don't know if anyone's managed it i know my uncle managed to do it.. would be a great buy especially to replace Lucas.

Right think i'm guna re-cap and try un-install it.. re-install it.. update it and hope it actually updates..

Then sell every kid apart from the obvious who make our first team IRL now and then.. Sell Dossena, Degan, Itadje, Babel, Lucas, Voronin, Cavalieri and maybe even Kuyt but only if i can get 15million for him.

Then try get a few of these who i've experimented with trying to work out how much i'll need to pay - most notably the David Silva one.

Areola, Alphonse - 725K

Salvio, Eduardo - 5.75M

Pazzini, Giampaolo - 14.25M

Otamendi, Nicolas - 7M

Silva, David - 22M - P/Ex Fabio Aurelio.

Toulalan, Jeremy - 26.5M

Kroos, Toni - 12.75M

Rolfes, Simon - 11.75M

I hope this information above will help out as all fantastic kids/players.

And lfc7.. i know you got some of them players cheaper i was just rounding it up :p

Hey guys. Just started my usual Liverpool game and wanted to share some comments and get some ideas. Playing a 4-4-1-1

December first season ... playing pretty well at the moment although not very consistent. I think i'm finally getting a hang of this build. Was leaking quite a few goals in the beginning but i think i've sorted that out.

Sitting 3rd after 15 games .... first team being .... wait for it ..... EVERTON!!!(only up by 3 points) dun dun dunnnnn . I don't understand how but they've been flying in my game. They just snapped my 6 game winning streak. Beat me 2-1. I have vowed my revenge.

Signings(all fees in pounds):

Enyeama - 250 000. Decent back up for a great price. Bought him cuz i sold Cavalieri

Di maria - 4.7M . Pretty solid left winger ... leads teams in assists already. a little too inconsistent sometimes but great value for money

Chinedu Obasi - 9.5M . I'm quite surprised i haven't seen him mentioned more often here. I think he has pretty good stats for right wing. Although hasn't been lighting the world on fire ... still trying to settle and gel with the team. Pretty solid. Scored a beautiful free kick from well outside the area on his debut.

Danielle De Rossi - 25M - What can i say .... i have no idea how i managed to snap him up for that price. Definitely my best signing ... the man scores some incredible screamers. 20 games ... 6 goals all guaranteed to be outside the box. Had him as a box to box mid but changed him to advanced playmaker and he's been on fire. Get him if you can ... you won't be disappointed.

Outs are the usual suspects ... the voronin, lucas, dossena, benayoun, degen, cavalieri, plesis.

January window rolling up soon ... just got Jovetic for 15.7M coming in january... probably will sell riera and play jov and di maria on the left.

Now i need some assistance. I really wanna upgrade the left back position as i think that's the weakest point of my team. Who do you guys recommend as a good left back. I haven't really seen any that grab my attention. And also need a good preferably young, with a huge upside, striker as backup for torres. Was thinking about Dzeko. ... but i'm unsure... ? any suggestions ... or any people who have tried dzeko?

Thanks People

YNWA

Ps. Who's playing your right winger position and how have they been doing? need suggestions for right wing as well.

I have Di Salvio for the right wing

I'm just going into December on my game, but struggling in 6th place in the league. Frightenly realistic - I beat Man Utd 3-1 to hopefully kickstart the season but then promptly went and lost 1-0 to Stoke having dominated the match. Almost qualified for the knockout stages of the CL though - if I win my last game against Partizan (at Anfield) I'm through.

I'm really struggling with the transfer side of things though and would appreciate any help. The main problem is the way in which the board only allow me to have 35% of the transfer money that I sell players for. This, combined with the fact you only get 2M at the start is pretty rubbish.

Anyway, I'm going to try a couple of different tactics now including a diamond 4-4-2 and a 4-2-3-1 formation. I've already tried a normal 4-4-2, 4-3-3 and 4-3-1-2 formations and had no real success.

The main problem seems to be a lack of marking at corners and free-kicks. In the Stoke game, in the 85th minute, they got a freekick on the left wing which was passed to Sidebe, who was unmarked in the centre of the box and was given all the time in the world to finish! Grrr....

Let you know how I get on.

Good luck with your save

lfc7 - All i can say about your transfers on the previous page.. you best win the treble to get back some of the money you owe out..we will see what happens

And if you go bankrupt and ruin our beloved LFC i'll never talk to you again :pHaha

Also i notice alot of people sell to City as they offer the big money but why sell players to a rival team challenging for the title then i thought to myself.. If City want the likes of Dossena and Babel.. even Lucas they're welcome to them as it's better than them getting some world class players.

Also i installed the 10.1.0 patch yet it still says on my game it's only v10.0.0 does this mean the update hasn't worked?

Another thing i hear that it's possible to sign Ignacio Camacho for 2.5million.. don't know if anyone's managed it i know my uncle managed to do it.. would be a great buy especially to replace Lucas.

Right think i'm guna re-cap and try un-install it.. re-install it.. update it and hope it actually updates..

Then sell every kid apart from the obvious who make our first team IRL now and then.. Sell Dossena, Degan, Itadje, Babel, Lucas, Voronin, Cavalieri and maybe even Kuyt but only if i can get 15million for him.

Then try get a few of these who i've experimented with trying to work out how much i'll need to pay - most notably the David Silva one.

Areola, Alphonse - 725K

Salvio, Eduardo - 5.75M

Pazzini, Giampaolo - 14.25M

Otamendi, Nicolas - 7M

Silva, David - 22M - P/Ex Fabio Aurelio.

Toulalan, Jeremy - 26.5M

Kroos, Toni - 12.75M

Rolfes, Simon - 11.75M

I hope this information above will help out as all fantastic kids/players.

If you offer £3m over 48 months for Otamendi it will get accepted as will £4M over 48 months for Salvio and if you make an enquiry for Areola they come back asking for 60k plus 35% of next sale saving you a total of £6M :D

Could some people explain to me how they are financing deals for some of the players they are bringing in? I seem to only be allowed 35% of any transfer money I make from player sales, which is making it impossible for me to bring in anyone worth doing so!

Any advice or help would be gratefully recieved.

Cheers mate, i'm just re-installing it and updating it then i'll let you know what happens in my first day of buisness. With the little money we have i'd like to save 6M lol! :D

Could some people explain to me how they are financing deals for some of the players they are bringing in? I seem to only be allowed 35% of any transfer money I make from player sales, which is making it impossible for me to bring in anyone worth doing so!

Any advice or help would be gratefully recieved.

A i mentioned above i TL everyone i dont want on day 1 then if the offers come in pretty quick the 1st few you sell you will get 50-55% of the fee but after youve sold X amount of players it goes down to 30-35% i had Kuyt go to Chelsea for £14.25M only picking up 35% :mad:

Plus if i can i try and make all my incomings over 48 months

So what your saying is that if clubs offer for a player in installments you'll accept?

And that way the board doesn't take any away from you?

Lucas just asked to be allowed to speak with other clubs. I'm delighted!

Now I can sell him without appearing to be the bad guy. I have Camacho waiting in the wings. An assist on his debut. Woohoo.

Alright guys, started my annual journey as manager of my beloved Liverpool.

I've brought in Otamendi, Salvio, Mouassa Sissoko, Areola and Suarez and shipped out the likes of Vorinin, Dossena, Babel, Benayoun, Aurelio, Cavalieri, Skrtel in an effort to maintain a similar level of squad while significantly reducing the wage bill.

I'm relying on players like Bruna and N'Gog to step into the breach when needed and do a job.

I'm persisting with Insua at left back... do you guys think he is capeable? Should I be looking at a replacement? There seem to be very few good affordable full backs on the market.

Had a decent start so far, played 5 won 4, drawing 1-1 with West Ham away.

seasonreview.jpg

League:2nd

Fa cup:5th rd

league cup:3rd rd

Champions league:group stage

Europa League:2nd rd knockout

Didnt win anything only lost once in the league will plan for season 2 now fingers crossed i do better.

Just had a funny commentary moment.

"Skrtel tries to curl it from long range..."

"Fabio Aurelio can't believe it..."

So what your saying is that if clubs offer for a player in installments you'll accept?

And that way the board doesn't take any away from you?

No i sell all my players for money all upfront if i can but all the players i buy i make the deal over 48 months if i can so not much comes off my budget

seasonreview.jpg

League:2nd

Fa cup:5th rd

league cup:3rd rd

Champions league:group stage

Europa League:2nd rd knockout

Didnt win anything only lost once in the league will plan for season 2 now fingers crossed i do better.

Unlucky mate Torres and Gerrard :cool:

Just had a funny commentary moment.

"Skrtel tries to curl it from long range..."

"Fabio Aurelio can't believe it..."

Haha